Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd take off Tess, Lexie, Victoria and Marissa personally. If it was an even smaller group, Rachel A, Maddie and Daphne could go too. However, I'd add in Alanna, Jalyn, Armani and McKenzie (maybe Elli too)! I would've kept Hannah on there too, obvs.

I've always thought it was meant to be the most technical and well-rounded dancers, who can do all dance styles!

I would make one show group that is specifically for dance / technical ability. But then I would make a different group that is for USO / military appearances, which would obviously include Savannah. And then I might make a third group for DCCs that are more adept at connecting with fans, children (Maddie, Kat, Kristen etc). 

You have 36 stars, use them for what they do best. Please stop using 3 DCCs over and over again. They ALL have talent and charisma, otherwise they would not be on the team. Stop acting like point is also the team representative. Sometimes she is (Kashera was great at this) but sometimes there are other members of the team who are more adept at speaking to the media. 

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd love to know what show group you'd all put together?

Mine would be: Gina, Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Erin, Jalyn, Rachel W, Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey, Armani, Claire, Ellie, McKenzie. 15 is more than enough!

I'd replace Ashlee, Chandi, and McKenzie with Lexie, Jada, and Darian.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'd happily include Darian (just haven't seen enough of her this season). Something about Jada isn't clicking for me and Lexie is just boring to me. Pretty but boring as a dancer. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

I would make one show group that is specifically for dance / technical ability. But then I would make a different group that is for USO / military appearances, which would obviously include Savannah. And then I might make a third group for DCCs that are more adept at connecting with fans, children (Maddie, Kat, Kristen etc). 

You have 36 stars, use them for what they do best. Please stop using 3 DCCs over and over again. They ALL have talent and charisma, otherwise they would not be on the team. Stop acting like point is also the team representative. Sometimes she is (Kashera was great at this) but sometimes there are other members of the team who are more adept at speaking to the media. 

This is a great idea! Show group traditonally is meant to be the best dancers on the team but I have other favourites who are more appearance-based (Jinelle and Miranda spring to mind as connecting with fans of all ages). I think the only reason they use the same few is because of schedules. I imagine if you work full-time, you can only do weekend appearances. 

I like the idea of having smaller groups who all have different strengths. Some are better on appearances with children, some might connect better with military types or older people. I like a well-rounded squad. As a dancer though, most of my faves tend to be based on that. Doesn't mean I don't think other attributes aren't as important though! 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

High school class of 1994 here (yes, I am in fact 500 years old). I can confirm that this was a very fashionable look at the time. We loved a power blazer a la Amanda Woodward (google it). Extra points for the stars and the hair. 

Class of '69 here. We had to wear skirts or dresses with the hemlines below the knee. I, myself, was more of a hippy, so outside of school you would see me in hippy garb, and flowers/peace signs painted on my face. I'm ancient!!!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Class of '69 here. We had to wear skirts or dresses with the hemlines below the knee. I, myself, was more of a hippy, so outside of school you would see me in hippy garb, and flowers/peace signs painted on my face. I'm ancient!!!

Yes!  Class of '78 here!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Every single time I see Ashlee dance, she kills it.

7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm amazed that they put a rookie front and centre! If she's that good, why didn't she make show group?

Have y'all ever noticed no WOC ever makes show group as a rookie.  Not Jacie, not Jackie Bob, not Jenna, not Mia, not Robin, not Cersten.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I pointed those five out because they all made show group the next year and all moved up very quickly in the triangle.  Cersten closed solos as a 2nd year and was in the triangle for HOF performance (after Jenna was removed) over Maddie and Lauren, who made show group as rookies.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
Just now, ByTor said:

@hypeman, I swear Robin and Cersten did.

You're making me do research, instead of going with my own personal conspiracy theories.  LOL.

Cersten's year it was Maddie, Mandy, and Maggie (not sure about the 3rd one, but it wasn't Cersten).

Robin's year it was Holly P., Amy T., and Megan C.  Those were three great dancers, so this year seemed justified.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I'm looking at my notes and Jacie and Jenna both made Show Group in their rookie year. (2012/Season 7)

I love you guys, and by guys I mean you statisticians.  I am really into the show, but I don't do stats or maps or any of that.  But I want to tell you ALL that do it - I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I'm looking at my notes and Jacie and Jenna both made Show Group in their rookie year. (2012/Season 7). I'll ask a few others.

Yep, Jacie got to go on a USO tour as a rookie

24 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Have y'all ever noticed no WOC ever makes show group as a rookie.  Not Jacie, not Jackie Bob, not Jenna, not Mia, not Robin, not Cersten.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I pointed those five out because they all made show group the next year and all moved up very quickly in the triangle.  Cersten closed solos as a 2nd year and was in the triangle for HOF performance (after Jenna was removed) over Maddie and Lauren, who made show group as rookies.

Edited to say I found a pic of Dara as a rookie on SG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAoY8fGApRT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Class of 70 here, I feel ya BJO....Bigorangetomcatmom you are the same age as my daughter...I wore the mini-est of mini skirts and had hair past my waist...copper blond, not beach-y blond...and dated the defensive captain of the football team...it was a good time, but I wouldn't want to go back...too much drama. LOL.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I would love to see her as point. I think she is entertaining and dependable. My one complaint is that she has great arms - very defined, and they get covered by those stupid sleeves. 

• Love 7

My dream show group would be Holly P, Jacie, Gina, Amanda, Jenna, Nicole H, Hannah, Kelcy W, Armani, Elli, Megan C, Carisa Rose, Kaylssa, Maggie G, Jayln, Olivia Rene, and Emma.

I know it's NEVER gonna happen,  but can you imagine how FIERCE that group would be. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, SMP637 said:

My dream show group would be Holly P, Jacie, Gina, Amanda, Jenna, Nicole H, Hannah, Kelcy W, Armani, Elli, Megan C, Carisa Rose, Kaylssa, Maggie G, Jayln, Olivia Rene, and Emma.

I know it's NEVER gonna happen,  but can you imagine how FIERCE that group would be. 

Which Hannah? Add in Melissa W and Amy T and we can talk! Who would you put in the triangle though? They're ALL amazing!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Class of 70 here, I feel ya BJO....Bigorangetomcatmom you are the same age as my daughter...I wore the mini-est of mini skirts and had hair past my waist...copper blond, not beach-y blond...and dated the defensive captain of the football team...it was a good time, but I wouldn't want to go back...too much drama. LOL.

Oh yes, the mini-skirts and hot-pants!!! I'd like to see the hot-pants look that the squads of old wore rather than the diapers they wear now. Wow, really showing my age!

Edited by bjo1969
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

You are NOT allowed to say that with class of '86 here 😂

Oh class of 86 right here!!! It was the BEST decade, still think Kelli looked tacky and TK is even tackier present day! Though I'm sure if you looked through some of my pix it could be said I was tacky too... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Class of ‘68 here...seems like I am the oldest here. Was in marching band & generally was closely positioned to the newly created drill team which is where l got my first taste of dancing.  I wore the bell bottoms, danced the pony & shrug!  Life after high school was sooo much better.

• Love 3

Class of 91 and it always surprises me when girls in camp say they have never done a jump split. We did them on high school drill team  and trust me, I could never  be a dcc. I guess i figure if I could do them than anyone can do them

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Class of 91 and it always surprises me when girls in camp say they have never done a jump split. We did them on high school drill team  and trust me, I could never  be a dcc. I guess i figure if I could do them than anyone can do them

It always surprises me too, but at the same time I kind of understand it. Once you know what you're doing they really aren't bad, but you should really have someone walk you through the technique for it when you first try it. I'd prefer the girls come in having never done it before than having tried it on their own and injured themselves. I sincerely hope they do more teaching than what they do on the show...

Class of 2017! I'm a baby apparently...

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Which Hannah? Add in Melissa W and Amy T and we can talk! Who would you put in the triangle though? They're ALL amazing!

I was talking about red-haired Hannah.... but blonde Hannah was AMAZING too.  I'm gonna say both.

I thought of Amy and Melissa after I hit post,  but they'd make my show  group too. 

I'd rotate point and triangle bc I can't choose!

• Love 4
On 2/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, kalibean said:

Judy giving off serious Heather Chandler vibes here for any of y’all that remember that movie 😂

All three look amazing and very of the moment tho! Love that over the top late 80’s and early 90’s fashion. So funny. (I’ve got terrifying pics from this era that I love so much.)

I would have never guessed that was Kelli (I have a hard time recognizing her in her DCC pics, too -- something to do with my facial recognition blindness). That toothy smile is giving me VK vibes!

• Love 2

OK, feeling much older now (class of 1981), LOL! 

Of the current squad,, do you see anyone with the potential/desire to be an All-Star in the future? If so, who? Also, who would YOU like to see become an All-Star?

I can see them adding Maddie when she finally retires (she is a sweet gal, but not a great speaker) and of course VK, assuming of course that they would want to.  I didn't watch this season, so I don't know how well spoken the new gals are, so I can't include them in my personal picks (yet). I also can't think of anyone except those mentioned above that would want to take on that role after retiring from the current squad.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Of the current squad,, do you see anyone with the potential/desire to be an All-Star in the future? 

Of the ones who are likely soon to be retiring, my guess is Maddie & Gina, with a maybe for Lexie, depending on how soon she wants to start having kids.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

OK, feeling much older now (class of 1981), LOL! 

Of the current squad,, do you see anyone with the potential/desire to be an All-Star in the future? If so, who? Also, who would YOU like to see become an All-Star?

I can see them adding Maddie when she finally retires (she is a sweet gal, but not a great speaker) and of course VK, assuming of course that they would want to.  I didn't watch this season, so I don't know how well spoken the new gals are, so I can't include them in my personal picks (yet). I also can't think of anyone except those mentioned above that would want to take on that role after retiring from the current squad.

For those of us in the back row, what is an "All-Star?"

4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Does anyone know who the All-Stars were meant to be for this season? Because they purely do ambassador work, I'd love to have seen Miranda and Alexis. From the 7 vets who retired, I think they'd all make great All-Stars but I know most have moved out of Texas. 

From this current crop of current vets, Savannah, Briana, Taylor J and Lexie are some of their best on appearances. Darian seems like she'd be great too (from the little I've seen of her).

• Love 2

If Maddie retires, she would be a solid bet  for All stars and Lexie if she does not want to get pregnant right away.  Judy will want someone who could fill in if someone is out.  Savannah is loved for appearances.  Lacey and Amy and Stephanie appeared to be doing all star work this year.  

On another note, Kristin is going to Jen A's classes.  Does this mean she's trying out again after blasting the organization on social media and then doing the turnabout.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

If Maddie retires, she would be a solid bet  for All stars and Lexie if she does not want to get pregnant right away.  Judy will want someone who could fill in if someone is out.  Savannah is loved for appearances.  Lacey and Amy and Stephanie appeared to be doing all star work this year.  

On another note, Kristin is going to Jen A's classes.  Does this mean she's trying out again after blasting the organization on social media and then doing the turnabout.   

She could be taking the class for fun !! 

• Love 1

gonna start off with the obligatory long time lurker, first time poster. please excuse any formatting errors because this is my first time posting and i have no idea what these buttons do. also, my apologies if any of these thoughts are in the wrong thread, this seemed like the appropriate place for most of this.

here we go:

1. this question has been on my mind for weeks - what does TPTB stand for? i understand it's referencing kelli&co, but what's the acronym? i saw this asked in the 2020 training camp thread, but never saw it answered. the closest thing i've been able to come up with is "the powers that be" but for some reason i don't think that's right 😂

2. my favorite rookies this year are claire w, dani, elli, and armani. am i the only person that completely forgets about mckenzie? she's just not memorable at all to me (i saw someone upthread or possibly in the 2020 tc thread talking about how they forget amber, mckenzie is my version of amber 😂😂). everyone here seems to love her, and she's just meh to me.

3. my favorite vets are amanda, kelcey, kat (yes, THAT kat), both rachels, and amber.

4. hannah and brennan's cuts were undeserved, to say the least. lily and meredith were fair game though, they were outdanced. 

5. this is an unpopular opinion i've been needing to get off my chest - alora rose is actually really pretty. people here seem to hate her headshot and cameo, but i actually think they're pretty. should she have made the team? no. but she does seem to photograph well from what i've seen.

okay i think that's it. thank you for reading if you made it this far into this overall pointless post.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, blueskye said:

gonna start off with the obligatory long time lurker, first time poster. please excuse any formatting errors because this is my first time posting and i have no idea what these buttons do. also, my apologies if any of these thoughts are in the wrong thread, this seemed like the appropriate place for most of this.

here we go:

1. this question has been on my mind for weeks - what does TPTB stand for? i understand it's referencing kelli&co, but what's the acronym? i saw this asked in the 2020 training camp thread, but never saw it answered. the closest thing i've been able to come up with is "the powers that be" but for some reason i don't think that's right 😂

5. this is an unpopular opinion i've been needing to get off my chest - alora rose is actually really pretty. people here seem to hate her headshot and cameo, but i actually think they're pretty. should she have made the team? no. but she does seem to photograph well from what i've seen.

1. the powers that be, meaning Kelli, Charlotte and to a lesser extent Judy. 

5. I actually like Alora Rose (apart from her annoying MLM social media). She's booked more dance jobs that most other DCCs have ever booked, no matter what people think of the calibre of them! I think she's really pretty but not a powerful enough dancer for DCC. However, it seemed like she did improve throughout training camp. She could get cut next season though.

• Love 2
On 2/10/2021 at 1:34 PM, bjo1969 said:

My mom is class of 69...she told me stories of pinning her skirt up on the bus and ironing her hair straight with an actual iron.  lol

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, blueskye said:

here we go:

2. my favorite rookies this year are claire w, dani, elli, and armani. am i the only person that completely forgets about mckenzie? she's just not memorable at all to me (i saw someone upthread or possibly in the 2020 tc thread talking about how they forget amber, mckenzie is my version of amber 😂😂). everyone here seems to love her, and she's just meh to me.

3. my favorite vets are amanda, kelcey, kat (yes, THAT kat), both rachels, and amber.

4. hannah and brennan's cuts were undeserved, to say the least. lily and meredith were fair game though, they were outdanced. 

okay i think that's it. thank you for reading if you made it this far into this overall pointless post.

0: Welcome!

1: "The Powers That Be" or, my preference and that of many others, "The People To Blame"

2: Her and Jessica. Neither stood out to me in TCC, neither stands out in a group shot, I don't love their cameos...meh.

5: I think she's very pretty, especially the way she did her hair for cameos. It looked awful during TCC though.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Lily was spotted at a Denver Broncos Cheerleading prep class!  I'm from Denver so this makes me happy - but the cheer uniforms do not make me happy, they are hideous.  Anyway - glad she is dancing and moving on.

How exciting! How was she spotted? 

• Love 1

In her bio, Alora Rose didn't say anything about being an Ultra Angel. All she mentioned was the Rockettes and then "dancing on many stages around the world." I wonder if she was encouraged to avoid that or if she did so on her own, since it's pretty clear K&J only care about her being a Rockette.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

In her bio, Alora Rose didn't say anything about being an Ultra Angel. All she mentioned was the Rockettes and then "dancing on many stages around the world." I wonder if she was encouraged to avoid that or if she did so on her own, since it's pretty clear K&J only care about her being a Rockette.

How many have heard of the Ultra Angels though?  May have been easier to put what she did.

1 hour ago, DanceDance101 said:

How exciting! How was she spotted? 

I know someone on FB saw her during the virtual class.  Probably others did as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Does anyone know who the All-Stars were meant to be for this season? Because they purely do ambassador work, I'd love to have seen Miranda and Alexis. From the 7 vets who retired, I think they'd all make great All-Stars but I know most have moved out of Texas. 

From this current crop of current vets, Savannah, Briana, Taylor J and Lexie are some of their best on appearances. Darian seems like she'd be great too (from the little I've seen of her).

I think if Heather was still in Texas she’d made a great all star. She was always really well spoken. Amy L is also presents as enthusiastic and friendly, she’s a good choice for an appearances too. 
current vets in addition to who you’ve said would be Ashlee. 

5 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Lily was spotted at a Denver Broncos Cheerleading prep class!  I'm from Denver so this makes me happy - but the cheer uniforms do not make me happy, they are hideous.  Anyway - glad she is dancing and moving on.

I can’t stand their uniforms haha! That’s an interesting choice, does lily have a connection to Denver? I thought she might look for something closer to Dallas, or that she’d go closer to home/where she went to college to Tennessee/Kentucky. Maybe Tennessee Titans?  

good on her though, i find it really sad that vets who get cut often don’t dance again. Just because they couldn’t make it in DCC doesn’t mean they couldn’t find success in another team and keep doing what they love. I hope Lily continues to dance.

• Love 10

Why hasn't the people running the DCC website fixed Madeline and Gina's cameo photos? I'm pretty sure these photos are their most recent cameo photos and should be the first photo we see of them on the our team section and on their bios. Madeline's current cameo photo is on the gallery section of her bio, but Gina's photo is nowhere to be seen. If it wasn't for her posting it on her IG, we wouldn't have even seen it. I know this a small thing to fuss over, but COME ON GUYS....DO YOUR JOB!!! There's so much inconsistency on the website, my inner OCD that I didn't even know I had is killing me lol.

893887486_instagramphotodownload.com_Gina_Maria(1).thumb.jpg.74c8a85b245f3750d28b676b5429a6d8.jpg

Madeline-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders.thumb.png.e5bff3b07c1c8df3990277e63a0f0992.png

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

I'm not familiar with the Broncos Cheerleaders, I just went to look up what their uniforms look like and... yikes!  Those are hideous!  But good for Lily for wanting to get onto another NFL team.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I'm not familiar with the Broncos Cheerleaders, I just went to look up what their uniforms look like and... yikes!  Those are hideous!  But good for Lily for wanting to get onto another NFL team.

Welp....I guess I'm the only one that likes their uniforms lol.

• Love 9