Type keyword(s) to search

Your Honor - General Discussion

aghst
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Madison59 said:

Wasn't the baseball Adam's which rolled from the floor of his car when Kofi took it?  I kept thinking the baseball would be linked to Adam.  But no, apparently Michael had no idea about the signed memorabilia and sold it.

Yeah. That was another plot thread that went nowhere and meant nothing. They kept having all these references to the baseball like it would be the clue that linked Adam to the accident, but nope. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Madison59 said:

Wasn't the baseball Adam's which rolled from the floor of his car when Kofi took it?  I kept thinking the baseball would be linked to Adam.  But no, apparently Michael had no idea about the signed memorabilia and sold it.

Yes the baseball was Adam's but the way I understood it, Lee and Eugene thought it was Kofi's. I thought it would link back to Adam too but alas.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, aghst said:

But this wasn't Vince Gillian's writing crew at work here.

That's for sure.

I think the writers were going for "Shakespearean," but other than this being a tragedy and having characters accidentally kill someone when they were trying to kill someone else... Shakespeare would be horrified by this horrible writing.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, iMonrey said:

It just goes to show, an actor is only as good as the material he's working with. In the case of Bryan Cranston it might even be worse. Somehow, seeing a really good actor trying to make bad material work is even more cringeworthy. Take that scene with Michael telling Adam the story about his mother cracking a rib. The whole scene felt so pretentious, so stagey, and so superfluous, but Cranston tried to give it his all. It almost made it worse.

You know Cranston knows Breaking Bad was lightning in a bottle and he's never going to get material that good again but will keep looking anyway. Well, this project was a huge misfire for him.

We endured so many pointless scenes with this dumb drug gang, an entire episode was practically devoted to it, only to have Eugene shoot Adam in the end. By mistake. What a huge waste of time.

What on earth was that about? It felt like the scene was inserted from a previous episode!

That rib scene was really bad.  Oof

Bryan Cranston was good in Trumbo.  And of course Seinfeld!

I didn't understand the drug gang business either.  This show is from an Israeli show originally, right?  Has anyone seen that?  

• Love 3

The rib cracking story was terrible, and I'm not talking about the acting. Who hugs someone, much less a pregnant woman, so hard that they crack a rib? Was the wife made of styrofoam? He would have to squeeze like a vice either for a prolonged period of time against cries of pain or in a hard violent way. I know whereof I speak - my husband is a big strong guy and I'm 100 lbs less than him. Sometimes he bear hugs me too hard and I protest when it feels too tight. If he kept squeezing until he cracked a rib, I wouldn't be retelling the story with fondness.

And yeah, the baseball was another plot thread to nowhere. 

And is Desire a good name for a gang? Doesn't sound very tough to me. 

Edited by Shermie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, aghst said:

Your Honor exits with highest ratings, comparable to most popular Showtime series such as Homeland.

I think that speaks to everyone stuck at home and having watched everything else on TV.  Like me, they probably tuned in for Cranston.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Shermie said:

And is Desire a good name for a gang? Doesn't sound very tough to  me.

I thought Desire is just a street in NO, because of the movie Streetcar Named Desire.  However it also is an area in the Lower 9th Ward.  From Wikipedia:

The City Planning Commission defines the boundaries of Desire Area as these streets: Gentilly Boulevard, the Industrial Canal, Florida Boulevard, Alvar Street, Higgins Boulevard, Piety Street, Pleasure Street, Oliver White Avenue, Desire Street, and People's Avenue.

So the gang's name reflects the area they control.  I especially like that it contains Piety Street.

Edited by MBayGal
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Shermie said:

The rib cracking story was terrible, and I'm not talking about the acting. Who hugs someone, much less a pregnancy woman, so hard that they crack a rib?

Yeah, I thought that story was really cringey. “He loved her so much he seriously injured her and didn’t even know it! Oh isn’t that just true love right there?” Uh, no. It’s quite horrifying actually. 

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, aghst said:

Your Honor exits with highest ratings, comparable to most popular Showtime series such as Homeland.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/showtime-your-honor-bryan-cranston-1234909606/

So that article notes that the Israeli original is called “Kvodo” and had 22 episodes.

I’m going to go look for it, the Israeli version of Homeland was better.

Speaking strictly for myself, would you let us all know if you can find it?

I did a quick Google and found a way to watch Israeli TV that involved downloading an app, but I couldn't really find anything specific to Kvodo, and I'm curious to see it if it's not too complicated to do so - I've had good experiences with English shows that were adapted to American TV, and I think that, done well, this would be an entertaining and compelling story.

Yep - cracking your wife's ribs tells your son how thrilled you were he was on the way. 

Guess it worked - Adam was so pleased he pretended his rib/s were cracked too.

What a wasted 10 hours and no wrap up.

• Love 3
On 2/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, atlantaloves said:

OKAY, THANK YOU GUYS FOR UPDATING ME, I'VE GOT A COUPLE OF EPISODES LEFT ON MY DVR....I'M BLOWING OFF THIS SHOW. DAMN, IT WAS REALLY BAD, I EXPECTED TO MUCH MORE. LORD LORD LORD......JUST HORRIBLE. BAD SCRIPT, JUST BAD EVERYTHING. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? I REALLY WANED TO LOVE IT. 

It was bad especially considering it is a cable series. I always assumed they were the best. 

But you never can tell, it should have been great, with the acting talent involved. Cranston, Stuhlbarg, Davis, Martindale. Just a misfire.

• Love 4

I thought for a while they were trying to set up a second season, with Fia and Adam maybe married before her father found out that he was the one responsible for his son's death, but then they killed Adam off and now there is no reason for a second season.  The whole thing was a nonsensical cat and mouse game. There were some bits that would have been good in a better show but just amounted to nothing here.

• Love 2

I watched the final scenes like they were a comedy.  Der der der.....here comes Adam going to meet his future bestest Father-In-Law evah!!  Aww shucks, Pop, give me a hug!  Sorry I killed your son.....giggle giggle.

Then we have Michael, fighting with the doormen to no avail.  So he starts trying to fling open a set of doors two inches away.  One of the bouncers, embarrassed at the sight, shakes his head...."they're locked, sir".  That was like something straight out of SNL!

The prosecutor, dragging around that dead rat on her head, was so aggressive and wholly unlikeable, I can see her swinging the jury in the oppostie direction.  

Loved Lee's sudden burst of inspiration to run over to the jail, gain access to the exact cell where the murder happened, and brilliantly discover the door locks when shut.....all in the final moments of trial.  Honestly, I didn't think that was as much of a nail in the coffin as they made it out to be.  Carlo could have said he misremembered and in the trauma of the moment, he assumed he was trapped.  Or some other BS. 

Everyone else has already highlighted all of the pointless storylines that went nowhere, so I will just say that I completely concur.   

• Love 2
On 2/17/2021 at 6:18 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I think that speaks to everyone stuck at home and having watched everything else on TV.  Like me, they probably tuned in for Cranston.  

I never watch a show based on the actors in it. I watch if the story grabs me. I prefer shows with unknown actors because it makes the story more believable and known faces are a distraction and pull me out of the story. 

On 2/16/2021 at 11:34 PM, Starchild said:

So maybe it wasn't the writing that was problematic. Maybe it was the editing.

It was the emotional manipulation and the flaws, like the judge would never have been permitted to sit on a case in which he was connected to any part of that case. 

• Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 9:52 PM, Cocosmama said:

Because they were big, scary, black men? They literally did nothing but walk towards the car. These biases about black people are literally getting people killed.

Wasn't he in the neighborhood where his mom was killed, and they were mad dogging him when he left the photo?

• Love 2

A couple of things I've noticed

Eugene. In a short time span his brother is killed in jail and he witnesses his house blown to bits with his family inside. But zero tears, no sadness, no "I miss momma"  Actually no emotion until he goes to get a gun.

Jimmy. He confronts Michael in public in broad daylight all willy nilly.  Not a bright move by a mob boss

The autographed baseball. Another poster speculated why would someone from New Orleans wanted a Yankee baseball.  Mariano Rivera is the only player elected to the Hall of Fame unanimously.  Which  begs the question.  Why is a valuable baseball rolling around the floor of a dead womens car?  I also thought that ball would come back to become a key piece of Michaels scheme,  but I guess it served its purpose another way.  Michael paid for the ball that Eugene eventually used to buy the gun that kills Adam!

Flaws and all I generally liked the show.  I thought the idea of an seemingly honest respected judge going to great lengths to break the law for protecting the son is a novel idea 

• Like 1
On 2/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, Kiki620 said:

I watched the final scenes like they were a comedy.  Der der der.....here comes Adam going to meet his future bestest Father-In-Law evah!!  Aww shucks, Pop, give me a hug!  Sorry I killed your son.....giggle giggle.

Then we have Michael, fighting with the doormen to no avail.  So he starts trying to fling open a set of doors two inches away.  One of the bouncers, embarrassed at the sight, shakes his head...."they're locked, sir".  That was like something straight out of SNL!

The prosecutor, dragging around that dead rat on her head, was so aggressive and wholly unlikeable, I can see her swinging the jury in the oppostie direction.  

Loved Lee's sudden burst of inspiration to run over to the jail, gain access to the exact cell where the murder happened, and brilliantly discover the door locks when shut.....all in the final moments of trial.  Honestly, I didn't think that was as much of a nail in the coffin as they made it out to be.  Carlo could have said he misremembered and in the trauma of the moment, he assumed he was trapped.  Or some other BS. 

Everyone else has already highlighted all of the pointless storylines that went nowhere, so I will just say that I completely concur.   

Agree!

• Love 1

“Your Honor” has been renewed for Season 2 at Showtime, Variety has learned.

Originally set up as a limited series, Season 2 will see Bryan Cranston return as respected New Orleans judge Michael Desiato. In Season 1, Desiato’s son is involved in a hit-and-run that leads to a high-stakes game of lies, deceit and impossible choices. Peter Moffat will also return as writer, showrunner, and executive producer. Season 2, which will consist of 10 episodes, will begin filming next year for a 2022 debut.

“We were blown away by ‘Your Honor’ … by the power of Peter’s storytelling, by the depth of Bryan’s performance, and by the overwhelming reaction from our subscribers who watched in record numbers,” said Gary Levine, co-president of entertainment for Showtime. “Imagine our delight when we learned that Peter believed he had more story to tell and Bryan felt he had more depths to plumb. So, along with its millions of fans, I am gleefully shouting ‘Encore!’”

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/your-honor-renewed-season-2-showtime-1235047725/

--

Interesting?  I wonder if they will try to retcon that Adam was revived by paramedics and slowly recovered in an ICU or something?  I'm not sure what they can still do with these characters, but we'll see. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 1

That headline definitely caught me off guard. Of all the shows out there that need a season 2, I would not have counted this among them. Having said that, I'd watch Bryan Cranston read the phone book so hopefully they'll do better the second time around.

Personally, I'd like to see less relationship drama and more gangster drama. If Judge Desiato sees his son as the casualty of a gang war between the Desire crew and Baxter's crew there could be some great stories where he plays them off against each other or uses the instruments of law as blunt objects for revenge.

I wasn't expecting it, but I can't say that I'm entirely surprised.  

I remember several of us commenting on how disjointed some of the plotlines were, as if filming was shut down unexpectedly (COVID) and they didn't have time to develop some of the characters or finish some storylines.  Maybe it has something to do with that.

Ultimately though, follow the money, as they say.  Apparently TBTB decided they could milk a few more dollars out of this.  

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Like 1

Showtime tends to ride some shows as much as they can, especially keeping some too long on the air (Shameless) or bringing some back (Dexter).

Maybe they don't have a lot of confidence in their development pipeline, that they can find another hit.

Like Billions, Showtime advertised the hell out of YH for about a year before they aired it.

It doesn't matter if a show starts poorly (YH) or starts out okay and turns bad (The Chi, Homeland after 2 or 3 seasons, The Affair after 2, maybe 3 seasons tops).

Some shows they're not going to give up on.

Maybe the writing will become smarter now that they killed off the dumbest character in the season 1 finale.

• Like 1

From TV Line

Rosie Perez (The Flight Attendant) has joined the Season 2 cast of Bryan Cranston’s Showtime legal drama Your Honor, per Deadline. She’ll recur as U.S. Attorney Olivia Delmont, who’s working with a reluctant asset to bring down a New Orleans crime ring. Plus, Andrene Ward-Hammond, who recurred as Big Mo in Season 1, has been promoted to series regular for the second season.

• Useful 1

Interesting. A Season 2. Well if Michael is in fact dead... this will be a different show because the entire first season revolved around the father's protection of the son and the son's budding romance with the mobster's daughter. So they will take the shell of the show and just write a new story using that judge who is now alone? 

Edited by LoveLeigh
28 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

Interesting. A Season 2. Well if Michael is in fact dead... this will be a different show because the entire first season revolved around the father's protection of the son and the son's budding romance with the mobster's daughter. So they will take the shell of the show and just write a new story using that judge who is now alone? 

Yeah they tried to make the first season a show about Walter White as a judge, trying to avoid both criminal and law enforcement, trying to fix the situation himself, like the way he presided as judge over the case to try to get the mobster's son off.

But he didn't succeed in the end.

So season 2 is about what, Walter White after he failed to take out Fring?

14 hours ago, aghst said:

Yeah they tried to make the first season a show about Walter White as a judge, trying to avoid both criminal and law enforcement, trying to fix the situation himself, like the way he presided as judge over the case to try to get the mobster's son off.

But he didn't succeed in the end.

So season 2 is about what, Walter White after he failed to take out Fring?

Maybe it will be about Michael Desiato's crimes exposed and HIS trial? But without the son, it will not even be the same show. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
6 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

But without the son, it will not even be the same show. 

I would not consider this a bug but rather a feature. I am fully onboard with a soft reboot here. This show was all over the place in season one so I really hope they switch gears and make it a more coherent narrative in season two.

• Love 2

I guess this leaked early as I see the official premiere isn't until the 15th so I will spoiler box my thoughts.

Spoiler

First and foremost, I think this is off to a way better start than season 1! The episode kept me interested the whole way through and had enough twists to it to stay fresh.

I did not get what was going on with the prison rodeo. No way that could have been real although the US Attorney made a reference to it later. So do we have an unreliable narrator situation going on here? In any case I like that we have this whimsical scene in an otherwise pretty moody, dark episode. It reminds me of season 3 of Goliath which had similar scenes of whimsy. They did not work for some but I'll remind the audience that for this show's previous season where we could have had whimsy we just had bullshit. This show needs better humor than the family dog constantly digging up the evidence that they were trying so hard to hide.

Big Mo is great and I hope she survives the inevitable conflict. Her snark is impressive and she's great at negotiating. I also like Baxter and his measured approach to revenge. Lady Baxter and Carlo the hothead should stop trying to help but I have a feeling they won't.

I guess we still had to have some soap opera shenanigans in here so we've got Fia with Adam's baby. I appreciate that we have a sense of time here already. Fia showed Judge Desiato a pile of about ten letters, spaced about a month apart. Cut to squishy little baby. Nicely done. The previous season took place in a really weirdly compressed timeline that expanded and contracted randomly. The only thing that is weird here is that the timeline jumps around from the night of the murder to various scenes spanning Desiato's incarceration but while it's a little lumpy it still works.

I know shows are entirely capable of having a dramatic drop in quality after a single episode or two (this means you, Picard season 2!) but I am looking forward to the next episode and I never thought I'd say that about this show!

• Like 1

It's up On Demand. No spoilers from me... but I will say in my opinion episode 11 is awful. They should have left well enough alone instead of milking this into absurdity. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I guess this leaked early as I see the official premiere isn't until the 15th so I will spoiler box my thoughts.

Reveal spoiler

Lady Baxter and Carlo the hothead should stop trying to help but I have a feeling they won't.I

Yeah 

Spoiler

Gina aka Lady Macbeth seem to ignore the fact that the only reason Eugene tried to kill Carlo was because she goaded Jimmy to fucking firebomb the rest of his family, which was all for nothing since she knows Adam was the one that killed her son, not Kofi. But she’s the type of person that thinks playing the dead child victim card is an excuse for everything.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:
  Reveal spoiler

I did not like the episode but have a question. Was that Fia at the end with a baby? 

Yes.

On another note:

Spoiler

That thing with the bull, can't be legal.

Edited by Anela
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Anela said:

Hide contents

That thing with the bull, can't be legal.

Spoiler

That thing with the bull was not only illegal but since so many were there to witness it (not like at Rikers were guards privately beat inmates) that it could be recorded and stuck up on YouTube which would result in a federal investigation... It was sadistic gladiator torture porn.  it was totally absurd. Who wrote that nonsense? Unless Michael was imagining that. 

spoilers: 

DECIDER REVIEW

a real thing by the way

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/13/2023 at 1:50 AM, dwmarch said:

Reveal spoiler

First and foremost, I think this is off to a way better start than season 1! The episode kept me interested the whole way through and had enough twists to it to stay fresh.

I did not get what was going on with the prison rodeo. No way that could have been real although the US Attorney made a reference to it later. So do we have an unreliable narrator situation going on here? In any case I like that we have this whimsical scene in an otherwise pretty moody, dark episode. It reminds me of season 3 of Goliath which had similar scenes of whimsy. They did not work for some but I'll remind the audience that for this show's previous season where we could have had whimsy we just had bullshit. This show needs better humor than the family dog constantly digging up the evidence that they were trying so hard to hide.

Big Mo is great and I hope she survives the inevitable conflict. Her snark is impressive and she's great at negotiating. I also like Baxter and his measured approach to revenge. Lady Baxter and Carlo the hothead should stop trying to help but I have a feeling they won't.

I guess we still had to have some soap opera shenanigans in here so we've got Fia with Adam's baby. I appreciate that we have a sense of time here already. Fia showed Judge Desiato a pile of about ten letters, spaced about a month apart. Cut to squishy little baby. Nicely done. The previous season took place in a really weirdly compressed timeline that expanded and contracted randomly. The only thing that is weird here is that the timeline jumps around from the night of the murder to various scenes spanning Desiato's incarceration but while it's a little lumpy it still works.

I know shows are entirely capable of having a dramatic drop in quality after a single episode or two (this means you, Picard season 2!) but I am looking forward to the next episode and I never thought I'd say that about this show!

It wasn’t leaked. Showtime released it On Demand and for streaming on Friday. I watched it at midnight as soon as it was released.

Ok I think it premiered on linear tonight so I’m not going to spoiler tag it.

Reason it feels so different — not nearly as many eye-rolling moments for me — is that they have a new Showrunner.

The original guy was Peter Moffat, who came up with the idea to adapt an Israeli show and set it in New Orleans.  He left and they hired a new guy.

I guess Michael spilled everything and didn’t want to live after dumb Adam got killed.

He implicated his friends in the cover up and the rigging of the trial so he will have to cooperate with Olivia — Rosie Perez.

Michael might have been more open to cooperating if Olivia didn’t have that shit-eating grin when they met — why would Michael care about her biography?

Gina is still blood thirsty and she can get Carlo to charge in idiotically.  But I don’t buy that Fia wouldn’t have some ruthlessness of her own or that Baxter would be philosophical about violence.

Fia really was as naive as Adam.  They would have been perfect for each other.  She has to know if Adam really loved her! 

Why didn’t she lead with telling Michael “I’m the mother of your grandchild.”

Well Eugene will turn up again.  Mo may not want to hand over a black boy to the police or to Irish mobsters but they’re going to find out what she did.

It’s not clear how Michael will help take down Baxter, who should be suspicious about Michael being released.  Plus he could implicate Baxter in the whole trial giving.

It can’t be something like him wearing a wire could it?  Baxter will avoid seeing Michael or have him killed.  Also no reason Michael would try to get close to Baxter other than the feds flipped him.

• Like 4

So after Adam’s death, Michael spilled everything—Adam being the real driver, letting Kofi take the fall, rigging the trial—and yet the feds are willing to bury all of that and give release him from jail just for a chance to get the Baxters.

Sounds about right.

Although hopefully that would get justice for the Baxters murdering an innocent family for nothing.

• Like 5

I just finished watching S1. Going against the grain and admitting I enjoyed the show. Yes, there were plot holes and inconsistencies, but it was interesting to me and kept my attention. 

I thought Bryan Cranston was very good. I didn’t think he overacted. I saw a man slowly becoming undone by allowing his moral code to be completely compromised. He was on the ragged edge trying to hold things together, so it was understandable to me that he was volatile and very expressive at times. 

Having said this, I also did not watch Breaking Bad and have not seen Bryan Cranston in anything, so perhaps that made it easier for me to accept him in this role. 

As a character, Adam wasn’t riveting, nor was the actor portraying him compelling. However, I don’t think this was necessary. BC was the star, and I saw this show as being about the father as he devolved into someone he himself didn’t even recognize. All we needed to know was that Michael was fiercely loyal to his son and loved him very much, and I saw that in BC’s performance. 

I also thought Michael Stuhlbarg was good as Jimmy Baxter. I didn’t like Hope Lange’s performance, but I rarely like her in anything. Agree that the daughter looked too old, even older than the teacher. The romance seemed a bit force and accelerated to me.

I enjoyed seeing Margo Martindale and loved the shade she was throwing at Lee at dinner. It was a small role but I thought the woman playing Big Mo was excellent. She had this quiet menace about her. I’d like to see more from her. 

Things I didn’t understand: the subplot about the mother’s death not being clearly explained; Fia not figuring out who Adam’s father was; why the jury acquitted Carlo; the baseball stuff; why it took the cop so long to figure out what was going on. 

The ending was dramatic but abrupt. I want to see what the fallout will be for Michael, so I’m glad there’s a S2. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Things I didn’t understand: the subplot about the mother’s death not being clearly explained

Some of this seems to have been cut. I recall that in season one the previouslys for an episode showed off a couple of characters talking about something to do with the mom (shocking polaroids that had been hidden away IIRC) and the audience here noticed that the scene wasn't actually in a prior episode.

I’m watching S2, E1 and can’t figure out the timeline. Are they going back and forth in time? In one scene we see Fia right after Adam’s death and in another Michael has a full beard and wild hair like he’s been in prison for awhile. 

Same thing with other scenes of the memorial for Adam, so shortly after his death, while Michael still looks like he’s been in the wilderness for a year. Big Mo is looking for Eugene like the shooting just happened. Doesn’t make sense. Months or even a few years would’ve had to have passed for Michael’s trial and the growth of his hair, him losing a bunch of weight, etc. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 1/17/2023 at 4:45 PM, Sweet-tea said:

I’m watching S2, E1 and can’t figure out the timeline. Are they going back and forth in time? In one scene we see Fia right after Adam’s death and in another Michael has a full beard and wild hair like he’s been in prison for awhile. 

Same thing with other scenes of the memorial for Adam, so shortly after his death, while Michael still looks like he’s been in the wilderness for a year. Big Mo is looking for Eugene like the shooting just happened. Doesn’t make sense. Months or even a few years would’ve had to have passed for Michael’s trial and the growth of his hair, him losing a bunch of weight, etc. 

All of the scenes with Michael in prison are a later timeline 10 or so months after the shooting. The events back in New Orleans are immediately after the shooting. The very end when Via is writing a letter with (Adam’s) baby and Michael getting out of prison are where the two timelines converge. 

I guess it must be Friday at midnight somewhere so I won't spoiler code but I will keep episode two commentary vague.

There is a weird beauty to this show that wasn't present in the first season. I feel like we are getting more out of these characters and what we are getting is better. There was no action in this episode at all but I enjoyed everything that was being set up here. Well, the US Attorney is still way over the top but everything else seems to be going smoothly so far.

Fia gets line of the episode with "climb down off the cross, Jesus needs it back". Ah Fia, so you are a gangsta after all I see.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Fia gets line of the episode with "climb down off the cross, Jesus needs it back". Ah Fia, so you are a gangsta after all I see.

I loved Fia for that.

Seriously, Gina is just the worst. The guy you thought killed your son is dead, his family is dead, the guy who did kill your son is dead, what more do you possibly want?

• Like 6
On 1/20/2023 at 2:05 AM, dwmarch said:

I missed that line, where in the episode is it?

I was drawn in to this episode. I always wonder how they manage to film some visuals. Did Brian Cranston loose a whole lot of weight for this? His emaciated body was disconcerting, and the force feeding was grotesque. Also, that prison poker scene was horrifying. Were parts of it filmed at an actual event? Also, the crowd watching gleefully, yikes! Good grief, there's merch! Thanks to LoveLeigh for the link to the Angola Prison Rodeo.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Beezella said:

I missed that line, where in the episode is it?

It was in the second episode which hasn’t aired yet, it’s on streaming, so if you only watched the first episode, you haven’t seen that part yet.

I really love how despite being a murderer, Gina still has the gall to look down on mothers of drug addicts. They should have kicked her out of that support group.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 1/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, Spartan Girl said:

It was in the second episode which hasn’t aired yet, it’s on streaming,

The schedule is weird, I think it comes on Showtime streaming on Wednesday, it shows up on Showtime On Demand Friday, and on regular Showtime on Sunday.   

• Useful 1