Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Chapter Thirteen - The Jedi

• Start Topic

Ahsoka should've just said she can't train someone that doesn't want to be trained by her. Which baby Grogu clearly did not want to leave Din. And she also saw that Din was attached to him. 

So she is basically going against the Jedi in taking a child from his family. Ahsoka was accused of something and no one but Padme and Anakin fought for her. The Jedi were ready to throw her under the bus. You don't have to watch the animated shows but they do show more on the Jedi and how messed up they are and how they were responsible for their own downfall and the rise of the empire. Which is why I wanted her to tell Din that she's not a Jedi. Her "I am no Jedi" was one of her best lines. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I'm still not quite sure what Ahsoka meant. 

a) She can't train Grogu  because her memories of what happened to Anakin will taint her training?

b) She can't train Grogu because his attachment to Mando and the fear in his heart will always be a problem?

If it's b) I don't see how another Jedi could overcome these hurdles so for the time being I'm going with a).

From a Doylist perspective a) makes also more sense - you don't want such a massive character taking over the franchise. Ahsoka remaining with Mando and Grogu was never really an option.

I saw it as a combination of a and b. Her fear over creating another Darth Vader is a problem and Grogu leaving Mando would cause his fear to be a problem. I thought her suggestion of the temple was her way of appeasing Mando but still letting Grogu make the choice. Who knows, maybe there is a Jedi that would be perfect. 

9 hours ago, Kenadi O said:

He is also the only (that I am aware of) Star Wars character that was not part of the original canon, coming from the Timothy Zahn novels from the 1990's (the Expanded Universe as the pre-Disney era novelizations are referred to).

I'm a little confused by this. I can't tell if you're saying Kylo was in the Zahn books (he wasn't) or that there are other characters in the sequel that were from the EU.

Edited by Morrigan2575
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Mando could disguise it as a flagpole...Pretend he is some kind of diplomat to throw off enemies... 

Or shorten it and make it a bayonet on his rifle.

35 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Ahsoka should've just said she can't train someone that doesn't want to be trained by her. Which baby Grogu clearly did not want to leave Din. And she also saw that Din was attached to him. 

I wish she just said that, or said she didn't want to train him because she has her own path to follow. It would have been better than that shit about attachment and fear which reminded me too much about that shit from episode 1 which is part of the reason why I kind of hate original Yoda.

10 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Characters from animated series from the same creator of this one (IIRC).

Thrawn originated in the books/extended universe (I refuse to call it Legends...screw you, Disney 😃)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Dani said:

Because she has her own mission to follow. She’s not going to just hang around on a planet training him during the week for Mando to pick him up on the weekends.

One word: Zoom School!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, magdalene said:

And I don't want him having to wear a Bescar helmet 24 hours a day without ever showing his face to a living being either.

Don't be ridiculous -- he'd never get his ears under a helmet 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Having watched the episode again (how could I not, its Ahsoka in live action). I saw at the end there that Ahsoka nodded her head at baby Grogu. So it looked like he was thanking her for not taking him from Din. She gave the Jedi temple option to keep her promise because Mando said he'd help her if someone trained Grogu. He didn't say her specifically. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This is where Disney tossing out the extended universe screwed up Luke's character big time. Hell, I watch The Mandalorian and, ignore the sequels, I just pretend The Mandalorian is the connector better ROTJ and The Heir to the Empire both take place in 9 ABY.

I have to respectfully disagree.  I have my issues with Disney at times but they are not responsible for declaring "Legends" to be non-canonical.  You have to go to the High Mucky-Muck himself for that.  Lucas has been adamant from the beginning that these books were none of them canon (with one exception at the time but that's changed since Lucas changed the story).  Timothy Zahn said back then--and I was more than old enough at the time to read all the interviews--that Lucas didn't care what they wrote, so long as they didn't do what Lucas intended to do.  You can't have a better definition of fan fiction than that.  (Another clue was "Mara Jade," a fan fiction name if there every was one and one that did not comport with the usual names in the Lucas universe.  Lucas, BTW, is virulent in his hatred of that character).  Fans convinced themselves over the years that they were canon, despite Lucas' position on the subject, but you can't blame Disney for following Lucas' position on the subject.

(It's also funny to me when some fans complain that the sequels changed the story.  As an "originalist", it was actually the prequels that changed it because Lucas, after waiting some 14 years or so to return to the Saga, decided he had no intention of doing the original 9-part story and now he needed to focus the films on a character whose story ended in 6 chapters)

While I liked Ahsoka well enough, she lost points with me when she called Anakin "the best of us."  (It also ruined any interest I might have had in watching the Clone Wars, since it seems that they series works hard at redeeming Anakin).  The prequels bookended Anakin, and they showed us a whiner--"it's not fair!"--who was self-absorbed and arrogant, with anger management issues.  He was faithless and dishonorable:  whether or not you think the Jedi's rules were good or sensible, those were the rules.  If Anakin wasn't willing to give up attachments--he pursued Padme--then he should have walked away from the Jedi, not sworn an oath he was not really willing to honor.  In a college anthropology course I took (a really long time ago!), one of our course materials was a study of a Native American tribe and it noted that, if a chief's wife intended to leave him for someone else, she would do so when he was in council, because if he left to go after her, he would be dishonored for putting his personal feelings above his tribal responsibilities.  

Not only that but Anakin apparently never really learned much of the deeper aspects of the Force or the Jedi, because while what happened to his mother was terrible, he committed equal atrocities, a mindless slaughter, which says to me that he totally lacked control and self-discipline, things that are part of the core teachings of the Jedi.  If Ahsoka failed to see Anakin clearly because he taught her and she apparently formed an attachment, then it makes me doubly glad she isn't teaching Grogu because I have doubts about her judgment.

JMO.  YMMV

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

have to respectfully disagree.  I have my issues with Disney at times but they are not responsible for declaring "Legends" to be non-canonical.  You have to go to the High Mucky-Muck himself for that.

Fine. I blame Lucas for tossing out the EU. 

On 11/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, driver18 said:

Thrawn is actually from Timothy Zahn's book "Heir to the Empire." It came out in 1992. It was the first novel licensed by LFL before Disney bought it. He was the main villain of Zahn's trilogy. We saw him in other books as well but no one wrote him like Zahn.

Thrawn was so popular that even after Disney bought LFL, he was the one decanonized character that Disney brought back into the fold. Zahn wrote new books for him, and, yes, he is in Rebels.

That's where I know Thrawn from. I read and loved Zahn's trilogy as a teen. I liked what we saw of Ahsoka here and Bo-Katan back in her episode, and felt able to understand and follow their stories as they played out on-screen (Jedi in hiding and pure-blood Mandalorian fighting to reclaim her birthright, each with a story of their own that intersects with Din's only briefly) but having not seen Rebels or Clone Wars or any other extended universe series, I find the episode threads here quite difficult to follow at times, as so much of the discussion seems to revolve around characters and events from other shows rather than what happened here in this one.

21 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I do love the Star Wars theme of ‘Found Family’ but I was also hoping by this point the Clan of Two would have expanded by now. I know not a lot can live on the Razor Crest together, but I’m surprised its still just Din and Grogu.

Me too. While I enjoy this show and enjoy the bond between Din and Grogu, I have learned from The Mandalorian that I prefer a fuller ensemble cast!

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

While I liked Ahsoka well enough, she lost points with me when she called Anakin "the best of us."  (It also ruined any interest I might have had in watching the Clone Wars, since it seems that they series works hard at redeeming Anakin).

I wouldn’t say that it redeems Anakin as much as it explains Anakin. It gives his choices more depth but it also gives his atrocities more impact. Clone Wars had a unique format it focused on different characters at different times. There were dozens of episodes that didn’t include Anakin at all. Just about every significant character around and that point in the timeline was given more backstory. If anything the characters redeemed in Clone Wars were the clones.

I know multiple people have expressed that they don’t want to get involved in a series that long but you can easily watch Clone Wars (and  Rebels to a lesser extent) in small chunks to focus on specific characters. 

5 hours ago, Lemuria said:

While I liked Ahsoka well enough, she lost points with me when she called Anakin "the best of us." 

The same was said about Harvey Dent, but I came back for The Dark Knight Rises

Anakin was the Jedi that the Republic needed but not the one it deserved.

Edited by paigow
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, Llywela said:

That's where I know Thrawn from. I read and loved Zahn's trilogy as a teen. I liked what we saw of Ahsoka here and Bo-Katan back in her episode, and felt able to understand and follow their stories as they played out on-screen (Jedi in hiding and pure-blood Mandalorian fighting to reclaim her birthright, each with a story of their own that intersects with Din's only briefly) but having not seen Rebels or Clone Wars or any other extended universe series, I find the episode threads here quite difficult to follow at times, as so much of the discussion seems to revolve around characters and events from other shows rather than what happened here in this one.

I agree. I've watched most of season 1 of The Clone Wars, but that's it. It is a little frustrating how much talk takes for granted that TCW and Rebels events are well known. I do know that I fully intend to finish TCW for sure due to this season of TM. And add Rebels to the list as well.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, SnoGirl said:

Not to mention Thrawn essentially took out Ezra’s mentor, so I just can’t see that pairing either. I could see a begrudging partnership to survive but nothing beyond that. If Grand Admiral Thrawn is back, I wonder if Gideon works for him. Which makes me wonder what is up with Ezra just because they’re chasing The Child for it’s blood-is Thrawn protecting him from the experiments? Or does Thrawn not know/is not attached to this story really at all and this was a backdoor pilot.

I’m really curious on a timeline right now between this show and the epilogue of Rebels. I was hoping to see Sabine with Ahsoka, even if it was at the end of the show with her popping out to say “What did you find out?” But now, now I wonder if this took place before the epilogue. 

Is anyone wondering if Din is Force sensitive too? Like he’ll hear the call at the Jedi temple? He has remarkable reflexes. I always thought he was a child of Jedha because of all the red everyone wore in the scenes when he’s rescued as a child. Filoni loves all things vintage Lucas, and the Whills and Guardians are something that haven’t made it into mainstream yet(beyond what we saw in Rogue One). Especially since the Darksabre is in play, and its origins just makes me wonder if next episode, he also hears something in the Jedi Temple. 

Star Wars: Rebels basically ended maybe a year or two before Rogue One and A New Hope.  Three years passed between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.  Another year passed between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  And then five more years pass between the end of RotJ and the first season of The Mandalorian.  So, taken together, it's quite possible that Ezra and Thrawn have been together for a good 10-11 years at this point.

We also know that Thrawn didn't return during the time of the Rebellion.  So wherever the Space Whales took him and his fleet along with Ezra, he stayed there for an extended period of time.  As resourceful as Thrawn is, it's difficult for me to believe that simply couldn't find a vehicle or some other way to return to Imperial Space.  So, presumably he chose to stay and the most logical reason for Thrawn and Ezra and his fleet to stay where they ended up was that they found some kind of deadly threat to the Empire and Rebellion and they've been there trying to deal with it.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, paigow said:

That is a low bar...just above a Real Housewife of Coruscant 

Well, you know that scene at the end where Moff Gideon was looking over those rows of dormant soldiers?

That scene was actually a pilot for a spinoff called Clone Storage Wars.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, driver18 said:

I agree. I've watched most of season 1 of The Clone Wars, but that's it. It is a little frustrating how much talk takes for granted that TCW and Rebels events are well known. I do know that I fully intend to finish TCW for sure due to this season of TM. And add Rebels to the list as well.

1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I've enjoyed this show as it's own thing. I guess I'll have to stay ignorant of the backstories, because I refuse to have to watch The Clone Wars or Rebels

I am actually surprised they’re showing zero flashbacks or giving more information to viewers who have not watched the animated shows. It reminds me of what the show-runner for Leverage, a heist show, used to talk about how they had to do flashbacks otherwise viewers would miss the heist completely. I’m guessing they want to run a lean show with only showing what they want to show. Technically you both have the viewpoint of Din as you’re watching.

I watched the show again and I really love the wordless scenes between Ahsoka and Grogu. I wonder how well he can talk and if we’ll hear him speak more to Din now that he’s talked with Ahsoka. Or if he’ll try to reach out to Din using the Force.

Also, I might low key be shipping Ahsoka and Din. That second time through, whew, it got warm watching Ahsoka get so close to Din repeatedly. I know some people are hoping Din never takes off his helmet, but I really wish we could see his face reactions sometimes. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Also, I might low key be shipping Ahsoka and Din. That second time through, whew, it got warm watching Ahsoka get so close to Din repeatedly.

If this was Cinemax, Chapter 14 would be 50 Shades Of Orange

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

I am actually surprised they’re showing zero flashbacks or giving more information to viewers who have not watched the animated shows. It reminds me of what the show-runner for Leverage, a heist show, used to talk about how they had to do flashbacks otherwise viewers would miss the heist completely. I’m guessing they want to run a lean show with only showing what they want to show. Technically you both have the viewpoint of Din as you’re watching.

I watched the show again and I really love the wordless scenes between Ahsoka and Grogu. I wonder how well he can talk and if we’ll hear him speak more to Din now that he’s talked with Ahsoka. Or if he’ll try to reach out to Din using the Force.

Also, I might low key be shipping Ahsoka and Din. That second time through, whew, it got warm watching Ahsoka get so close to Din repeatedly. I know some people are hoping Din never takes off his helmet, but I really wish we could see his face reactions sometimes. 

Granted that I'm a person who's watched Rebels if not Clone Wars, but we don't need flashbacks.  We get to know what Din knows.  And for all the giddy excitement of OMG Bo-Katan!  OMFG Ahsoka!, Bo-Katan and Ahsoka essentially have the same roles as Dr. Mandible from episode 1 and Frog Lady/Frog Dude from episode 2-3 - to send Din on to the next stage of his quest.

Sure it's obvious that both Bo-Katan and Ahsoka are pursuing their own quests, but for the moment, those quests aren't part of the story of The Mandalorian.  They might (and probably will) become part of that story, but not right now.  You know that Bo-Katan is looking for the "Darksaber" and you can reasonably assume the Darksaber is the thing Gideon used to cut his way out of his wrecked TIE in the previous season finale. 

You know Ahsoka is looking for somebody named Grand Admiral Thrawn and was willing to take on a whole city guard to find a clue to where this being is, so finding this Thrawn person is clearly very important to her.  If you watched Rebels you can probably guess why, but for the purposes of The Mandalorian, the why behind that is irrelevant because we're not following Ahsoka's quest, we're following Din's.

And yes, there was some clear if subtle flirty vibes coming from Ahsoka.  That "I like firsts" and then the smiles at the "laser sword" line.  Clearly Dads are kind of sexy to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

What an episode! Ahsoka in live action! Light Sabers! Thawn name drop! Baby Yoda has a backstory and a name! Loth Cats

Its really cool seeing Ahsoka in live action, and its in general really cool seeing the show get more into Star Wars lore, dipping into the Clone Wars and Rebels and stuff like that, while also keeping things pretty accessible to people that aren't familiar with those series. If I had no idea who Ahsoka was and what her backstory was, I think I could still basically understand her deal more or less, and I thought that Rosario Dawson was a really great fit. I don't think that she will be showing up for awhile (she could overwhelm the story) or even again, but I could easily see her stopping by again, or even getting her own live action series. They seemed to be putting in a sequel hook with her looking for Thawn, so I can see them following up with her more. 

So Baby Yoda has a name, and its...Grogu? That's going to take some getting used to, it just doesent roll off the tip of the tongue like Baby Yoda, and its definitely not as cute, but I suppose I will get used to it. I'm still calling him Baby Yoda for now though. He was apparently at the temple since Anakin went all mass murder (again) but was saved, and has been trying to hide ever since, poor Baby. No wonder he isnt in an hurry to leave his dad, he's probably the first person to really care for him in fifty years after seeing all of that. I am curious about the Jedi who saved him, who was it, and what happened to them? Grogu/Baby was in fine form this week, he was extra cute psychically chatting with Ahsoka and doing tricks with Din, who was just the proudest dad in the whole galaxy when Baby did the force flying on the pebble. He was like a parent talking his kid up to a college recruiter, it was so sweet. He sounded so happy!

It seems pretty obvious that Baby and Din can never be parted, both because the show will never want to give up the priceless dynamic between Din and Baby, as their bond is the heart of the show (and are the only regular characters) and I just don't think that Din or Baby will want to leave each other. Even when Din thought he was going to leave Baby with Ahsoka, he was clearly terribly sad, and as Baby thinks of him as a father, no way will he want to leave Daddy Din, them staying together seems inevitable no matter how much Din tries to find him somewhere else to live. He probably doesent think that a bounty hunter life is a very safe or healthy environment for a kid, and that someone as powerful as the baby needs someone to help them hone their powers, which I get, but the baby is clearly happier with him, I think they can make it work. 

I guess Ahsoka still has a lot of baggage from Anakin, still selling the old Jedi company line about how having attachments outside the Jedi always leads to the dark side, that whole thing was just such a mess, and ended up basically leading to their downfall. If they just taught young force users how to manage their emotions in a healthy way instead of repressing their natural desire to love people and grow close to them, maybe things would have gone differently. Of course, Anakin was a very different case, it takes a lot more than repression and trauma to totally flip out and murder tons of people and help to enslave the universe, the problem with Anakin wasnt that he loved people, its that his love for people gave him serious tunnel vision to the point that he prioritized the people he loved over anyone and anything else, which led to a lot of his worst acts and going full dark side in a desperate attempt to save his wife, as well as his big redemption, which was saving his son, not really about the greater good of the universe. Most people can certainly manage to love people without murdering kids in a hairbrained scheme to stop some kind of dream prophesy to save your nearest and dearest, the problems with Anakin were WAY bigger than him having connections to non Jedi, even without Palpatine pulling the strings and the dark side pulling at his emotions. It sure didnt help though, and the Jedi's whole weird emotionless monk thing and their inability to teach their own people, especially their most powerful, how to handle their powers and their emotions basically set Anakin down that path. Really, that should be even more of a reason for someone to train the baby, even if he does have a connection to Din already and has been scared and hurt before. Just letting their powers fizzle might be fine for other force users who are already too emotional for Jedi's, but its clear that baby is already super powerful and those powers aint going away. We already saw him using dark side powers when he force chocked Cara when he thought she was hurting Din, he really needs to get some handle on his powers and how to use them, even if its just a Parents Guide To Your Force Sensitive Child pamphlet given to Din by a passing Jedi. 

The episode looked really great, the cinematography was really interesting and the setting was very atmospheric. Very Tombstone by way of Kurosawa, which certainly makes sense as both westerns and Kurosawa were big influences on George Lucas in the first place. Lots of great guest stars this week as well, the woman playing Elsbeth was especially good, she was elegant but also very imposing. 

• Love 13

I wish she just said that, or said she didn't want to train him because she has her own path to follow. It would have been better than that shit about attachment and fear which reminded me too much about that shit from episode 1 which is part of the reason why I kind of hate original Yoda.

Agreed.

It also would have been good to give more insight into what Ahsoka's relationship with the Force and the Jedi Order is at this point in time. I understand the show didn't want to go too far into Ahsoka's history with Anakin or the Order, but why was she portrayed as a straightforward Jedi? Why did she make a statement that seemed to be supporting the Jedi philosophy about attachment and emotion that was shown in the prequel? Wouldn't it have been simpler to have her say she couldn't train Grogu because she had left the Jedi Order and was walking her own path now? 

I also do wonder why Ahsoka didn't mention Luke. She has to know about him even if she doesn't know about Leia. Why would she just leave him to figure everything out about the old Jedi order and the Force on his own? 

They don't need to show backstories on Bo Katan or Ahsoka, they are just people Mando met on his journey like the frog lady. It's just that some fans do know more about them and anyone can learn more if they want by watching the animated shows. But no one has too, we are not following their stories, we are following Din and Grogu's story. 

29 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

the woman playing Elsbeth was especially good, she was elegant but also very imposing. 

The woman playing Elsbeth is Bruce Lee's goddaughter and the daughter of his martial arts partner. 

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

its in general really cool seeing the show get more into Star Wars lore, dipping into the Clone Wars and Rebels and stuff like that, while also keeping things pretty accessible to people that aren't familiar with those series.

For me I am starting to worry that they are leaning too much into connections to previous Star Wars stuff. I am not sure why every Star Wars movie/show has to have connections and links to previous stories and characters. We are only 5 episodes into this season and three have had pretty major links to previously known characters. It should be a huge galaxy so I think I would rather have some new and separate stories. Or are we going to meet R2 next week, or when Mando goes to the Jedi temple is the ghost of Yoda going to show up?

• Love 3
On 11/28/2020 at 3:12 PM, Lemuria said:

"Yeah, we all really wish we could have real lightsabers but the truth is, by 5 minutes after we got them, we would have cut off both of our feet!"

Honestly, when Ahsoka ignited her lightsabers right over her discarded cloak I was very disappointed the cloak didn’t go up in flames.

19 hours ago, Meushell said:

I want to know how Din is going to carry that spear around without looking ridiculous, especially when he has his jet pack on too.

I’m constantly annoyed at how he sometimes doesn’t have that long disintegration rifle on him and sometimes he has. Anyways, he could probably rig the spear to sit right alongside the rifle.

7 hours ago, Lemuria said:

(Another clue was "Mara Jade," a fan fiction name if there every was one and one that did not comport with the usual names in the Lucas universe.  Lucas, BTW, is virulent in his hatred of that character). 

I don’t particularly see how it’s less Star Wars-y than “Morgan Elspeth”, and in any case George Lucas once in all seriousness suggested “Darth Icky” and “Darth Insanius” for villains for a SW game so let’s not get too attached to Lucas-style naming schemes.

btw, I get why people say Mando and the kid should be inseparable, but let’s say Mando lives to be 90. Grogu will only be, effectively, a kindergartener or so by that point.

Edited by arc
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2020 at 7:01 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm a little confused by this. I can't tell if you're saying Kylo was in the Zahn books (he wasn't) or that there are other characters in the sequel that were from the EU.

No, I was referring to Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Personally I wish they'd never created Kylo Ren. I'd have preferred Jacen and Jaina.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

For me I am starting to worry that they are leaning too much into connections to previous Star Wars stuff. I am not sure why every Star Wars movie/show has to have connections and links to previous stories and characters. We are only 5 episodes into this season and three have had pretty major links to previously known characters.

I understand your point but those three episodes also link to Din and Grogu’s backstory. I think this is a instance where the fan reaction is making it appear these specific characters are more important than they actual are to this show. Now it all depends if the show takes those details and focuses on how they apply to Din and Grogu or continue to bring in more connections. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Pleasantly surprised that the one helpful townsfolk didn't die.  I thought for sure it was heading in that direction.

I kept thinking something was going to happen to him because I recognized him from something. After googling I realized it was from The Imagineering Story. He was a Disney Imagineer. Last year he became a Disney Legend alongside Jon Favreau. In his acceptance speech he joked about wanting Disney to make an kung fu architect movie because his mother wanted him to become a movie star. So cool. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Kenadi O said:

No, I was referring to Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Personally I wish they'd never created Kylo Ren. I'd have preferred Jacen and Jaina.

Thank You for the Clarification.

I agree, when I originally heard about TFA I actually assumed we were getting Jacen and Jaina.

I stopped reading the books a little after Kyp Durron was introduced. At the time it was just Haven, Jaina and, little Aniken...apparently the books went very dark with the Solo/Skywalker children after I stopped reading. However, even that story would have been better than what we got with Kylo Ren and, Rey

• Love 2

I keep wondering the longer this drags out if The Mandalorian doesn't just refer to Din but to Grogu as well. There doesn't seem to be a place for Grogu to be a Jedi in the story. If he was still around why didn't Luke or Leia find him at some point? Or Rey? I think during the Last Jedi Grogu is on Mandalore with Bo-Katan and Din. He is training to be Mandalorian and is meant to lead Mandalore some day. I know the Armorer said he was too frail but Yoda kicked plenty of ass in the prequels. What he lacks in height he can make up for in force powers.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

I keep wondering the longer this drags out if The Mandalorian doesn't just refer to Din but to Grogu as well. There doesn't seem to be a place for Grogu to be a Jedi in the story. If he was still around why didn't Luke or Leia find him at some point? Or Rey? I think during the Last Jedi Grogu is on Mandalore with Bo-Katan and Din. He is training to be Mandalorian and is meant to lead Mandalore some day. I know the Armorer said he was too frail but Yoda kicked plenty of ass in the prequels. What he lacks in height he can make up for in force powers.

Based on his current age Grogu would still be a  very young child during the sequel trilogy. 

12 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

However, even that story would have been better than what we got with Kylo Ren and, Rey

Hiring J.J. Abrams is the best way to kill a franchise. Cinematic Star Trek is dead... Mission Impossible is increasingly ridiculous

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2020 at 8:29 PM, tennisgurl said:

The episode looked really great, the cinematography was really interesting and the setting was very atmospheric.

I am unsure if you like "behind the scenes" type of information when it comes to shows like this. If you do I would recommend Disney Gallery The Mandalorian. I think you would enjoy how they are actually doing a lot of this. I was blown away by how they are actually filming this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

So they are implying this meeting between Din and Ahsoka was before she met up with Sabine? That's too bad I wanted to see Din's reaction to what Sabine did to her Mandalorian armor. Lol 

I wanted to see the reverse-Sabine seeing Din’s plain armor and/or stealing a piece of it to paint it.

• Love 2

Never seen Rebels so I didn't know much if anything at all about Ahsoka Tano.  But I thought she was great.  I'm hoping we see more Jedi in this series.  

On 11/27/2020 at 11:48 PM, Zuleikha said:

I loved the actress who played Elspeth. She had such a powerful presence. I hope she's still alive because I'd love to see her again. Also, I want to see more fight scenes with her.

To me, she kind of resembled Old Leia.  They didn't really explain anything about her.  Did she have Jedi or Sith training?  How else could she have fought a Jedi so well?  But I actually didn't care for her and hope she is gone.  I'm assuming they aren't going back to this world again.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:12 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

I didn't even recognize Michael Biehn.

I ashamed to say I didn't either, and I was a huge fan of Corporal Hicks.  I remember thinking it completely sucked that they made up some excuse about his destroyed life support pod so they didn't have to bring him back for the third movie.

• Love 3
On 11/30/2020 at 6:34 PM, Dani said:

I understand your point but those three episodes also link to Din and Grogu’s backstory. I think this is a instance where the fan reaction is making it appear these specific characters are more important than they actual are to this show. Now it all depends if the show takes those details and focuses on how they apply to Din and Grogu or continue to bring in more connections. 

They link to the characters back story but they also link to characters already established.While in Season 1 we got great new characters like Kuiil and IG-11. I really hope that they can keep the focus on the shows characters and not try to make it some kind of Rebels spin off or something. Yoda being friends with Chewie was stupid and I don't want something similar here where it is revealed that Mando was a previous owner of BB-8 just because BB-8 is popular.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Yoda being friends with Chewie was stupid and I don't want something similar here where it is revealed that Mando was a previous owner of BB-8 just because BB-8 is popular.

Anakin & Padme actually had triplets...but Kenobi named the one without any midichlorians Din and dumped him on a freighter.... 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I don't think that Tython (I'm not sure of the spelling) will be reached until near the end of the series.  I'm basing that on how I read the choice that will be presented to Grogu.  I've seen reactions on YouTube where various people suggest that the choice will be whether to go light or dark with the Force.  But Ahsoka suggested, when she said she couldn't/wouldn't train him, that is might be better to just let his connection to the Force fade.

So I think the choice Grogu will face on Tython is to choose whether he wishes to walk the path of a Force user or the path of a Mandalorian.  And I think that this choice would be left to the end.

Of course, I have a terrible track record, so...😄

• Love 1