Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/23/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 23 – Steve Martin and Harry Bliss (Authors, “A Wealth of Pigeons: A Cartoon Collection”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 24 – The Political View with Former National Security Advisor John Bolton; Katheryn Winnick (ABC’s “Big Sky”)

Wednesday, Nov. 25 – Joe Scarborough (Author, “Saving Freedom”) and Mika Brzezinski (Co-hosts, “Morning Joe”); a performance by Garth Brooks

Thursday, Nov. 26 – (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 11/13/2020) Whoopi’s birthday celebration; Billy Crystal (“Standing Up, Falling Down”); Whoopi’s Favorite Things; a surprise Happy Birthday performance from Stevie Wonder

Friday, Nov. 27 – (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 11/10/2020) Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Jon Ossoff; Emmanuel Acho (Author, “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man”)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Haleth, when you said “Bolton again”, my first thought was “I haven’t seen Michael Bolton in a long time!”

I remember my Mom being one of his many fans in the 90's and tortured my ears with his cassettes in the car. I would be like "ew" and would have said "meh" if I knew that term back then. I don't find him quite as unenjoyable as I used to. This song has always and will always make me laugh my ass off though.

• LOL 1

I'm looking forward to Joe Scarborough and Mika. I never liked them or their show, but I started watching them in August, and really liked what they were doing leading up to the election. Too bad MeAgain won't be there to battle with them.

As for John Bolton, I wonder if he is going to greet Sunny with 'Nice to meet you' again, and she will have to correct him...again. That was classic (and I'm still trying to find it on-line). Yet of all the political guests - why him ?

For the two repeats, they have chosen those two wrecks that they just broadcast ? Why ?

As for Monday...you know how excited I am for 'View Your Deal' !!!!! I can't wait to invest in more janky leg warmers and questionable facial creams, as well as overpriced truffle sauce! Oooh-wee, "I know the drill" and I've opened up yet another new credit card just for this !

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

You'd have to tie me to a chair & put toothpicks in my eyelids to sit through Whoopi's Birthday celebration again.  No offense to either Billy Crystal or that guy they told us was Stevie Wonder, but their segments were all kinds of awkward. 

Whoopi's probably happy though because she gets another bite at the apple to peddle her wares.

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Now I want to hear John Bolton sing that. ^

Now that is too funny.  And also equally horrifying.  Thank you for the chuckle that image in my head has given me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

I remember my Mom being one of his many fans in the 90's and tortured my ears with his cassettes in the car. I would be like "ew" and would have said "meh" if I knew that term back then. I don't find him quite as unenjoyable as I used to. This song has always and will always make me laugh my ass off though.

Another fun song he's in is this one. One of my favourites from Lonely Island.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well, my holiday shopping is almost done ! 3D sports ornaments, sock-slippers, a grill cleaning paddle (who wouldn't want to unwrap that on Christmas morning, right after they unwrap a new box of sponges to do the dishes???)...thank you so much Greta for sharing these items, all at 50% off or more ! Who needs thoughtful gifts this Christmas when we have you as our personal gift shopper ?

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

sock-slippers

Pudus are fantastic, really soft and cozy. I have a couple pairs and yes, have given them (socks and mittens) as gifts. I can’t tell you how the other VYD items are though. 😊

33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Pudus are fantastic, really soft and cozy. I have a couple pairs and yes, have given them (socks and mittens) as gifts. I can’t tell you how the other VYD items are though. 😊

The deals showed up on FB for me early those really look nice . my feet get freezing so I sleep in socks. Although I’m not overweight ( well maybe the COVID 19 )are they tight around ankles calf area? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

The deals showed up on FB for me early those really look nice . my feet get freezing so I sleep in socks. Although I’m not overweight ( well maybe the COVID 19 )are they tight around ankles calf area? 

Nope. Not tight. 

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny hit the Botox over the weekend. She can’t move her face. 

I came to post this, not only that I hate her makeup and hair. I wish she would lose that look, she is too pretty for that..  I think she would be stunning with minimal makeup and her natural hair...

• Love 6

Whoopi introduced one of the hot topics (whether the media should cover Trump after Jan 21) and referenced that Joy tweeted about this over the weekend and asked her thoughts about it. Joy either didn't hear the question, or had her whole shtick planned to precede the answer to the question about her tweet. Anyway, she never responded to Whoopi's actual question. Then Whoopi read what was on the prompter as a question to the next person, but that question now made no sense and you could see her realize this in mid-speak. Then Ana was speaking. Joy must have realized that she forgot to talk about what she tweeted because she raised her hand a couple of times and looked like she was going to speak, but never got a chance. Ana mentioned the tweet and then discussed that topic. And then we see Joy being satisfied that it was brought up by Ana so she didn't bother to interrupt.

The whole thing was a shitshow, but the part that cracked me up was stoned Whoopi being confused after Joy's response not being to her question. But she could not think on her feet.

Edited by bannana
cause shitshow needs to be spelled correctly!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

For the Canadian peeps here, I highly recommend the T-Max Heat Thermal socks from Mark's.  Hubby and I buy 2 pairs each every winter and wear them inside as our slippers. 

Those are good.  I also like PolarFeet - leather bottoms w/fleece uppers. Socks wear out too fast on rough-hewn floors. Socks with rubber dots on the bottom are still socks, not slippers, to me.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I came to post this, not only that I hate her makeup and hair. I wish she would lose that look, she is too pretty for that..  I think she would be stunning with minimal makeup and her natural hair...

Sunny was a lot less glam when she used to appear on CNN.  And she looked great!  Doesn't need all the the extra junk she puts on her face now. 

• Love 3

Joy talked about Claire mccaskill explaining why no one is speaking up and mentioned fear that trump will tell supporters not to vote in GA.  She was prescient...today a trump lawyer did just that.  Glad joy brought that up.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Sunny was a lot less glam when she used to appear on CNN.  And she looked great!  Doesn't need all the the extra junk she puts on her face now. 

And what was that huge white dot at the inside corner of her left eye and no dot next to her right eye?  Did she or her artiste get distracted and double up on one eye?  And no, it doesn't make your eyes look bigger or brighter or whatever it is supposed to do. Or was it intentional so that people would focus on the dot, not the botox?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And what was that huge white dot at the inside corner of her left eye and no dot next to her right eye?  Did she or her artiste get distracted and double up on one eye?  And no, it doesn't make your eyes look bigger or brighter or whatever it is supposed to do. Or was it intentional so that people would focus on the dot, not the botox?

I hate to seem like I am picking on Sunny but did she have a nose job, her nose looks thinner, it is starting to look very Michael Jacksonish. It bothers me when Black women in the media and Hollywood alter their noses to look more European and less African..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Why does Whoopi have to tell us to go to the bathroom as she's cutting to a break?! It's so awkward and tacky. Worse yet, I think Steve Martin thought she was was sending HIM to the bathroom 😵.

I'm sure the advertisers spending hundreds of thousands of dollars for a 30 second commercial on their show are very appreciative of Whoopi telling viewers to go to the bathroom, and miss the commercials. Spot on Whoopi! That's one sure way for ABC to lose revenue.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Have to disagree with those against office romances.  My husband and I met at our work.  We were new attorneys in NYC who arrived within 6 months of each other and the director had us share an office.  Ended up living in the same apartment building too.  Married over 46 years now.  Though I will admit that if they go bad, it can be terrible.  

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Rainyhawk said:

Have to disagree with those against office romances.  My husband and I met at our work.  We were new attorneys in NYC who arrived within 6 months of each other and the director had us share an office.  Ended up living in the same apartment building too.  Married over 46 years now.  Though I will admit that if they go bad, it can be terrible.  

What a beautiful story! You can meet somebody anywhere and it can go bad. You take a leap of faith and hope it works out..

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Though I will admit that if they go bad, it can be terrible.  

Even if it doesn't go bad, it can ruin the morale of everyone else in the office as they see or imagine someone being favoured.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't even attempt to understand Sunny's hair anymore. Even when they were in the studio, it was massive extensions.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get the appeal of fake hair attached to your head.  Most of them don't even look natural. That being said, it is a billion dollar business!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 10

4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I don't even attempt to understand Sunny's hair anymore. Even when they were in the studio, it was massive extensions.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get the appeal of fake hair attached to your head.  Most of them don't even look natural. That being said it a billion dollar business!

I don't know how the wearers can stand it!!  I have an elastic holding back my very thick but short hair in a ponytail right now and it is driving me crazy.  I cannot stand the weight of it and the pulling and tugging feeling. 

I also hate how extension wearers wear it like a set of head curtains, with it draped down either side of their face and all down the front of them onto their shirts.  I am so over that look.  Is it ever going to be over?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Sunny has said that she sleeps in full makeup and hubby has never seen her without.  Does she also sleep in her extensions and only allow Manny to look but not touch?  The Veronica Lake tresses remind me of that Wayans brothers movie White Chicks and the long side-curtains drag down the face of anyone over 20. 

I cannot stand anything pulling on my hair and the sight of extension-wearers scratching their heads makes me cringe at the thought of bugs or nits in there.

• Love 6

I really enjoyed Ana's metaphorical "SNAP OUT OF IT!" Slap to Whoopi and Sunny today. Seriously, they should listen to Ana, who came from Nicaragua.

And it's reallllyyyyy rich, how Whoopi and Sunny talk about disinformation being spread, when there have been times, THIS show and some of the hosts themselves do the same thing. So ramp it down, you Chicken Littles.

Steve Martin is always such a delight and I loved those cartoons!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Why does Whoopi have to tell us to go to the bathroom as she's cutting to a break?! It's so awkward and tacky. Worse yet, I think Steve Martin thought she was was sending HIM to the bathroom 😵.

I think it was Steve in the background starting to say he had to go to the bathroom. Then Whoopi over spoke him with her spiel and said the bathroom thing.  I'm not sure if she heard him before cutting him off, or just  tried.  Shrug dunno.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really enjoyed Ana's metaphorical "SNAP OUT OF IT!" Slap to Whoopi and Sunny today. Seriously, they should listen to Ana, who came from Nicaragua.

And it's reallllyyyyy rich, how Whoopi and Sunny talk about disinformation being spread, when there have been times, THIS show and some of the hosts themselves do the same thing. So ramp it down, you Chicken Littles.

Steve Martin is always such a delight and I loved those cartoons!

Missed it. Why did Ana tell them to snap out of it?

12 minutes ago, rcc said:

Missed it. Why did Ana tell them to snap out of it?

Whoopi and Sunny were going on about how a coup would happen and being all pessimistic. Sunny was a bit screechy about how alllll this disinformation is spreading in the states and the world.

Ana told them to stop being pessimistic and that Biden was going to be sworn in on January 20, and that was fact. This is all paraphrasing on my part.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Even if it doesn't go bad, it can ruin the morale of everyone else in the office as they see or imagine someone being favoured.

We were equals...we were both just new staff attorneys so there wasn’t any kind of subordinate and boss thing going on.  So no opportunity for favoritism.  I agree that that can affect an entire staff,but we weren’t in that position.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get the appeal of fake hair attached to your head.  Most of them don't even look natural. That being said it a billion dollar business!

I've thought about getting them. I just love long hair! It's so pretty and feminine to me. I've seen lots that look natural. I think it depends on the extension type and maybe skill of the person who attached them? 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I read Sunny's book a couple weeks ago and it included a lot of pics from when she was younger.  IMO she has never wore  her hair in a flattering way. She is a beautiful woman and I think she just likes her hair the way she likes her hair. 

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't help but think if Barbara Walters was still here there would be a lot less of that happening.

13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whoopi and Sunny were going on about how a coup would happen and being all pessimistic. Sunny was a bit screechy about how alllll this disinformation is spreading in the states and the world.

Ana told them to stop being pessimistic and that Biden was going to be sworn in on January 20, and that was fact. This is all paraphrasing on my part.

While I can understand the fear that Trump will try to pull a rabbit out of a hat at the last minute I have to agree with Ana. Biden will be sworn in on January 20th.   Sunny was all doom and gloom yesterday and honestly it was unpleasant to watch and listen to her.  Someone here mentioned she seems depressed and I think so too.  Perhaps she needs an antidepressant.  

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

While I can understand the fear that Trump will try to pull a rabbit out of a hat at the last minute I have to agree with Ana. Biden will be sworn in on January 20th.   Sunny was all doom and gloom yesterday and honestly it was unpleasant to watch and listen to her.  Someone here mentioned she seems depressed and I think so too.  Perhaps she needs an antidepressant.  

If she does so does half the country and a good chunk of the world.  The last few weeks have been incredibly stressful for a lot of people.  I think Sunny is just expressing what many are thinking.  That doesn't, of course, mean she's accurately predicting an end game here but it's her "view" and it's one shared by a fair number of others.

• Love 8

I want Ana to put out a Christmas album. 🤣
Shut up, Bolton. You had your chance to speak out and chose to take the money instead. (Sic ‘em, Ana.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17