Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Fully Charged

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

3) I don't consider a butter knife a weapon, and I don't consider waving around or throwing a butter knife in someone's general direction a credible threat.  Unless Candace was gonna Country Crock a bitch to death I just don't see those as the same things.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, albarino said:

Isn't Wendy the smartest person in the room?

She has he most degrees.... 4, I 🤔 think, or maybe more.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, albarino said:

Well then, why did Wendy remove the knife?  When I'm eating socially with my friends, I never feel the need to remove a knife from them.  Isn't Wendy the smartest person in the room?

Simple, even if Candace didn't intentionally mean to stab anyone with the knife it could inadvertently cause harm.  I don't think it was a butter knife and the two women were leaning into each other.  Candace herself would admit, and viewers can see with their own two eyes that Candace talks with her hands....a lot.  She has often admitted that she talks with her hands, Monique mentioned it when she and Candace first met.  Candace does this both when she is happy and excited and mad and excited. 

I'm a butter fingers and I do not have the greatest dexterity.  When I was walking to my car once with some shopping bags hanging off of me and a canister of pepper spray in my hand with my finger on the button ready for someone who might want to rob me of my exciting NY&CO purchases.  Anyways, I'm digging around in my purse for my car keys, my finger is on the pepper spray button and bags are falling all over my shoulders.  I ended up pepper spraying my damn self by accident.  Point being that people can harm themselves and others with no actual intent to do so, but as a result of circumstance.

Things CAN happen incidentally and accidentally, so if I have a friend who is a "hand talker" and is punctuating her words and gesturing with her hands close to someone else with a sharp knife I could see taking the knife away as a cautionary measure to avoid an accident, even if that person had no intent to hurt the other person with the knife.  I haven't heard from Wendy that she ever thought Candace had an intent to stab or slash anyone at the winery and that is why she took the knife away. 

I also don't think that there is anything in Candace's past that would suggest that she was gonna stab someone with the knife.  I think people who point to the affair of the butter knife are making a wild stretch.  Candace talks shit, but I don't remember her EVER threatening to physically attack someone, not even in the show interviews.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm also not quite understanding why Candace who has 1) called some/most of these ladies everything but a child of god; 2) has proven herself to be someone who will not let an argument drop or an opportunity to go for the jugular (with everyone including her husband) go by; and who 3) has picked up weapons before (did we all forget both the knife that was thrown and the one Wendy took from her earlier this season?) has now become the one that everyone capes for. In the totality of all of Candace's bad behavior and all of Monique's bad behavior, I'd call them just about even. 

The reason many viewers/cast have been forced to "cape for Candiace" this season is because they are tired of being manipulated by Monique and her fans with their dishonest narratives and they are pushing back on it.  For example, the dishonest narrative that Candiace busted Monique with the wine glass, so Monique was forced to beat Candiace up, when that was clearly not the sequence of events.

Viewers are pushing back on Monique, her social media team and her fans trying to sell us Story A, when we saw with our own eyes Story B.  Viewers are pushing back on Monique & her fans' justifications of why Candiace NEEDED to be assaulted (nobody NEEDS to be assaulted).

It's all dishonest and fake and all boils down to Monique and her fans don't feel she should have to face any consequences for what she did.  That's why there's all this "But Candiace" and "We know it's wrong but Candiace" going on. When you put your hands on somebody and assault them, there are consequences to that.  You might get arrested.  You might get lose your job.  You might get suspended from school.  Your social group might shun you.  But there are consequences.  People want to say "well when you run your mouth there are consequences to that, too."  Yes.  Candiace got her consequences for running her mouth: she got beat up. Monique needs her consequences too.

At this point it's like the Emperor's New Clothes: The viewers have been so invested for a year in hearing Monique's narrative about the fight and how Candiace started the fight by busting Monique in the face with the wine glass that when viewers actually saw what really happened, they did not want to admit they had been played by Monique so they came up with all of these "But Candiace" justifications.

People resent being manipulated into seeing something they saw did not happen and they will push back on the manipulation and propoganda.  If that's "caping for Candiace," oh well.  It is what it is.  The gaslighting and manipulation is why people are disgusted with Monique, not necessarily the fight.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
On 10/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, sATL said:

Tatiana.

Robyn is the head coach's wife (sort-of), who needs to take her seat and stop trying to be like the ladies who are young enough to be her daughter. 

it looked like it was during warm ups.  I thought it was cute.  

• Love 13

Part of the reasoning I have heard for Candiace and others being so shocked by the fight is that many just weren't raised in an environment where throwing hands was an option. But, even in an upper middle class, Southern surface nice environment with cotillions and pageants, at the very least Candiace as she behaves on the show, would have been fed an Ex-Lax hot chocolate, had some humiliating rumor about her circulated in school and a Regina George would have eventually called her a racially motivated epitaph and made fun of her weave to her face. I have a very hard time believing this person has never had any extremely negative interactions with girls because of her mouth.

If she hasn't, that means she actually has more control over herself than she feigns on the show and just pushes too far to keep the only job I can tell actually pays her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 10/18/2020 at 8:46 PM, Bronzedog said:

Wendy, Robyn is on time because she’s not Nigerian nor is she in Nigeria.  It’s rude as hell to arrive late to your own event.

Robyn was almost 2 hours early.. she got the time wrong for the event. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The reason many viewers/cast have been forced to "cape for Candiace" this season is because they are tired of being manipulated by Monique and her fans with their dishonest narratives and they are pushing back on it.  For example, the dishonest narrative that Candiace busted Monique with the wine glass, so Monique was forced to beat Candiace up, when that was clearly not the sequence of events...

People resent being manipulated into seeing something they saw did not happen and they will push back on the manipulation and propoganda.  If that's "caping for Candiace," oh well.  It is what it is.  The gaslighting and manipulation is why people are disgusted with Monique, not necessarily the fight.

I'll just add that in my view, believing that Monique was in the wrong and Monique should be held accountable is not "caping for Candiace," and it's really telling that there are those who see it that way. Candiace can be vicious, unpleasant, and isn't someone I would want to be too close to. And she was still the victim of an assault by Monique. And she's still not responsible for Monique's behavior.  It's not "caping" for anyone to recognize that a victim is a victim and a perpetrator is a perpetrator. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

it looked like it was during warm ups.  I thought it was cute.  

I did too!  LOL, trying those fly girl moves!

4 hours ago, byrd said:

Robyn was almost 2 hours early.. she got the time wrong for the event. 

LOL, Robyn arrived at the time on the invitation.  Whether or not she got the time wrong is entirely debatable and dependent on if she has been to any other Nigerian affairs.  I know in my culture, if you arrive at the time on the invitation, you'll be helping to set up the room.  We generally start about half an hour to forty five minutes late, so we aren't as egregious.  The time someone tells you its going to start it pretty much a loose suggestion, or a time when you should be leaving the house.  I have a family member, who almost always arrives when I'm ready to leave.  

• Love 5

I think Monique is incredibly lucky that Candiace is so unlikeable that the public opinion is even split on what's clearly a black and white issue. I'm not gonna lie, I was also influenced by Monique's social media campaign last year. I figured, based on past behavior, that Candiace could incite violence in Ghandi.  But now, having seen the footage, we can see Monique was counting on just that- Candiace's unpopularity to justify her unwarranted and repeated attacks on Candiace (I couldn't believe my eyes when she ran back). 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

My UO, or maybe not.

I think a lot of people like Monique, not because of who she is, I mean we really don't know her, but because of what she represents.  She is a Black American woman married to a Black American man, who has young children and lives in a nice home.  Not too many people like Monique and her family on reality TV if you look at shows like Basketball Wives and the various incarnations of Black Ink Crew.

And then you have Candiace, who has been very nasty ever since she came on the show, she called Ashley a bed wench when Ashley was pregnant.  (Someone should school Candiace about what that word means.)

Now, I feel Monique was wrong for the violence, but I can get why people cape for her.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

I think Monique is incredibly lucky that Candiace is so unlikeable that the public opinion is even split on what's clearly a black and white issue. I'm not gonna lie, I was also influenced by Monique's social media campaign last year. I figured, based on past behavior, that Candiace could incite violence in Ghandi.  But now, having seen the footage, we can see Monique was counting on just that- Candiace's unpopularity to justify her unwarranted and repeated attacks on Candiace (I couldn't believe my eyes when she ran back). 

I still think Monique strategically chose her victim, and for all the reasons you said.  

It just strikes me that Monique managed to "walk away" from tall, athletic Robyn, who is well liked by the cast and is generally inoffensive.  And Robyn taunted Monique far more than Candace did.  However, when it was short, petite, skinny, unlikable and despised Candace, suddenly Monique "blacked out"  and physically attacked her?  I just don't buy it.  

I think back on how many times this season Monique has tried to get Candace to engage with her.  From the dinner after Candace's party to the lakehouse situation and it probably would have been the same had Candace gone on that podcast.  

In that light, it starts to look like Monique just chose the easiest victim and then baited and waited for her opportunity.  And if thats true, that level of strategic premeditation is scary.  

• Love 9

I’ll admit before I saw the fight I thought it was Candiaces fault because of Moniques social media. But it’s obvious Monique was in the wrong. Also Monique went crazy and actually snuck away to go get Candiace. Like what if there was no one to stop her. That part was so fucked up.

I don’t even like Michael but it’s obv why he cheated. He married Ashley to have a fun freaky wife and now she’s switched it and is having babies and wanting a traditional marriage. That’s not what Michael signed up for and Ashley knew that but she wanted the financial security. Not sure why Michael keeps impregnating her but that’s another story.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I still think Monique strategically chose her victim, and for all the reasons you said.  

It just strikes me that Monique managed to "walk away" from tall, athletic Robyn, who is well liked by the cast and is generally inoffensive.  And Robyn taunted Monique far more than Candace did.  However, when it was short, petite, skinny, unlikable and despised Candace, suddenly Monique "blacked out"  and physically attacked her?  I just don't buy it.  

I think back on how many times this season Monique has tried to get Candace to engage with her.  From the dinner after Candace's party to the lakehouse situation and it probably would have been the same had Candace gone on that podcast.  

In that light, it starts to look like Monique just chose the easiest victim and then baited and waited for her opportunity.  And if thats true, that level of strategic premeditation is scary.  

Absolutely. Another evidence showing premeditation is when she said to the producer that she had it coming for a year. Her entire calm demeanor during that fight scared me. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Marley said:

I’ll admit before I saw the fight I thought it was Candiaces fault because of Moniques social media. But it’s obvious Monique was in the wrong. Also Monique went crazy and actually snuck away to go get Candiace. Like what if there was no one to stop her. That part was so fucked up.

I don’t even like Michael but it’s obv why he cheated. He married Ashley to have a fun freaky wife and now she’s switched it and is having babies and wanting a traditional marriage. That’s not what Michael signed up for and Ashley knew that but she wanted the financial security. Not sure why Michael keeps impregnating her but that’s another story.

Re: Michael-The guys on watch what crappens podcast pointed out how many times Michael blamed the baby in that "therapy session".

I love the accents they do for both Michael and the baby "wah wah".. 😂 Anyway,their storyline is so old. Michael has been grabbing asses since season 1! Now that Ashley has secured the bag with child support x2, divorce bells are ringing. I had to agree with Candiace when she said "Not for long" regarding their marriage. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think a lot of people like Monique, not because of who she is, I mean we really don't know her, but because of what she represents.  She is a Black American woman married to a Black American man, who has young children and lives in a nice home.

I'll take it a step further: she is a brown skinned Black American woman who is married to a rich Black American man.  She is not a light bright like Gizelle, Robyn or Karen or biracial like Ashley or married to a white man like Candiace.  This show got a lot of flak when it first came on because 5/6ths of the cast was either light skinned or biracial and many didn't feel the RHOP cast was a true reflection of what Black American women looked like.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And then you have Candiace, who has been very nasty ever since she came on the show, she called Ashley a bed wench when Ashley was pregnant.  (Someone should school Candiace about what that word means.)

If Candiace was using bedwench as meaning a low status (black) female who gives herself sexually to a high status (white) man for privileges, then she was using it correctly in reference to Ashley.  White Chris is a low status male; there's no privileges that come with being with him.

If Candiace was using bedwench meaning any black woman who has sex with a white man, then pot meet kettle.  She's wrong either way.

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

It just strikes me that Monique managed to "walk away" from tall, athletic Robyn, who is well liked by the cast and is generally inoffensive.

Because Robyn would've beat her ass.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

BRAVO was pretty much forced to show the fight in its entirety because of all the lies & spin that had come from Monique's social media.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

My UO, or maybe not.

I think a lot of people like Monique, not because of who she is, I mean we really don't know her, but because of what she represents.  She is a Black American woman married to a Black American man, who has young children and lives in a nice home.  Not too many people like Monique and her family on reality TV if you look at shows like Basketball Wives and the various incarnations of Black Ink Crew.

Now, I feel Monique was wrong for the violence, but I can get why people cape for her.  

First of all I have never watched this franchise consistently but I generally like what I see from Monique. I like the way she carries herself and she seems to be a good host. Candiace on the other hand makes me recoil due to the sharp tongue and bratty behavior.

I don't follow social media so I had no knowledge what either party was saying on the platform. 

I'm not clutching my pearls over the fight but I am very happy the outcome wasn't worse. Monique could have snatched Candiace baldheaded and Candiace could have slit Monique from the rooter to the tooter with that broken glass.

Monique made a fool of herself bickering with Candiance for no good reasons at least 3 times this season. Well Gizelle told us the reason, but Monique chose not to confront Charisse and if she was going to bicker with Candiance she should have at least done a Caroline Manzo and yelled "you know what you did". As much as I don't like Candiace, she was mature and apologetic when trying to diffuse the situations with Monique.

• Love 4

The fact that Charisse was at Wendy's party and sitting at the table, but Bravo edited her out completely. Makes me wonder what she contributed to the conversation. Like the whole cast is there sitting at the table, and they are trying to say see, Charisse fits right here. I personally would not be here for her returning to the show. That has nothing to do with the altercation and the rumors. I  say this as someone who liked Charisse in season 1. The direction of the show has seemed to change, and she doesn't fit with it. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

The fact that Charisse was at Wendy's party and sitting at the table, but Bravo edited her out completely. Makes me wonder what she contributed to the conversation. Like the whole cast is there sitting at the table, and they are trying to say see, Charisse fits right here. I personally would not be here for her returning to the show. That has nothing to do with the altercation and the rumors. I  say this as someone who liked Charisse in season 1. The direction of the show has seemed to change, and she doesn't fit with it. 

I was never a Charisse fan.  When she was genuine, I think she was great, but so often I felt like she was putting on some sort of front.  I'd LOVE for her to come to the reunion to give clarity to the whole Monique rumor.  Did Gigi just come to her to spill the tea and get revenge or did she really think that Monique was putting her marriage in jeopardy and was trying anyway she could think of to help?

• Love 2

I actually would like to see Charrisse back, even if just as a Friend of the Housewives, because all of the drama from this season stems from her falling out with Monique around Season 3.  Charrisse felt Monique was a friend, only to learn Monique was just using her for her connects.  Why did Monique allegedly do this? How did Charrisse find out? Charrisse was/is friends with the original cast and is obviously still attending their events.  IMO the cast needs another 40+ lady, not another under 40 lady. Charrisse knows/has history with most of the cast, is attending their events anyway and is the root cause of all the drama this season.  Put her back on.

Someone on another forum brought up the interesting point that Monique may have been especially insulted by Gizelle's "So you don't have a home?" comment because she had been homeless living in her pickup truck and may have thought Gizelle had been shading her about being homeless (although how would Gizelle know that?).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I was never a Charisse fan.  When she was genuine, I think she was great, but so often I felt like she was putting on some sort of front.  I'd LOVE for her to come to the reunion to give clarity to the whole Monique rumor.  Did Gigi just come to her to spill the tea and get revenge or did she really think that Monique was putting her marriage in jeopardy and was trying anyway she could think of to help?

My thought is that it was revenge.  Didn't Monique stand by Charisse when Charisse was bent on getting back at Gizelle? I wouldn't want to come back on the show to be tied up in something so nasty. If Charisse was really that mad at Monique and wanted to get on camera so she could spread rumors, that makes me really sad. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Monique chose not to confront Charisse and if she was going to bicker with Candiance she should have at least done a Caroline Manzo and yelled "you know what you did".

Lol, great point, as well as great recall to a classic throwback.  You win the internet today.

B6589451-960C-400B-9339-9993D51F31BE.gif.4732dec66cee073b7302497c91e4316f.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

My thought is that it was revenge.  Didn't Monique stand by Charisse when Charisse was bent on getting back at Gizelle? I wouldn't want to come back on the show to be tied up in something so nasty. If Charisse was really that mad at Monique and wanted to get on camera so she could spread rumors, that makes me really sad. 

I don't really wonder about Charisse's motivation, but Gigi's.  

It sounds like Gigi went to Monique and told her that her trainer relationship was inappropriate and Monique told her to buzz off.  Her husband went to Chris but nothing happened (I assume Monique told Chris it was all lies).  It sounds like after THAT, Gigi went to Charisse.  I think the personal trainer was actually Charisse's personal trainer, so I wonder if Gigi went to Charisse out of malice, or if she was just trying to figure out if the trainer would sleep with Monique or not.  

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't really wonder about Charisse's motivation, but Gigi's.  

It sounds like Gigi went to Monique and told her that her trainer relationship was inappropriate and Monique told her to buzz off.  Her husband went to Chris but nothing happened (I assume Monique told Chris it was all lies).  It sounds like after THAT, Gigi went to Charisse.  I think the personal trainer was actually Charisse's personal trainer, so I wonder if Gigi went to Charisse out of malice, or if she was just trying to figure out if the trainer would sleep with Monique or not.  

Yep, when I said motivation, I meant Gigi's motivation. 

I wonder about the motivation of the group, according to Candiace, plotting about how to get something on the show. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Yep, when I said motivation, I meant Gigi's motivation. 

I wonder about the motivation of the group, according to Candiace, plotting about how to get something on the show. 

I think its easy to say that it was revenge, but why did she go to someone who wasn't even on the show?  Charisse is barely on camera this season, if I wanted to get the revenge rolling, I would have reached out to Gizelle.  She dislikes Monique as much as Charisse.  The group motivation may have just been a Gizelle led effort to take her shot the same way Monique took hers.  

If Monique had any intelligence or savvy, she could have taken all the power out of the rumor by addressing it head on and controlling the narrative.  Instead, she let Gizelle, social media and the producers control the narrative.  As someone said "you can't get sprayed with the tea you spill"  or something like that.  I really think it could have been an interesting conversation.  or very telenovela.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think its easy to say that it was revenge, but why did she go to someone who wasn't even on the show?  Charisse is barely on camera this season, if I wanted to get the revenge rolling, I would have reached out to Gizelle.  She dislikes Monique as much as Charisse.  The group motivation may have just been a Gizelle led effort to take her shot the same way Monique took hers.  

Maybe it was mutually beneficial, Charisse saw it as her ticket back on to the show. Hypothetically speaking, if Charisse received the information, then went to Gizelle, and Gizelle said hey girl if you come to filming and spill this tea, they will see this as a huge drama storyline and they will have no choice but to bring you back on. Of all the ladies, Monique and Charisse were the closest, so it may have been easy for Gigi to approach Charisse as opposed to Gizelle, especially if Gigi and Charisse hung around each other at one of Monqiue's parties/events. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Maybe it was mutually beneficial, Charisse saw it as her ticket back on to the show. Hypothetically speaking, if Charisse received the information, then went to Gizelle, and Gizelle said hey girl if you come to filming and spill this tea, they will see this as a huge drama storyline and they will have no choice but to bring you back on. Of all the ladies, Monique and Charisse were the closest, so it may have been easy for Gigi to approach Charisse as opposed to Gizelle, especially if Gigi and Charisse hung around each other at one of Monqiue's parties/events. 

Charrisse is the catalyst for all of this drama and while I think her presence is needed to fill in the gaps, the producers really didn't need Charrisse to introduce the rumors because they got Gizelle to introduce the rumors in her THs.  I don't think the cast needed to sit down and plot how to bring the rumors on the show because just like Gizelle asked Candiace about her nose job out of the blue, Gizelle could've asked Monique about the trainer out of the blue.

If Monique was smart, she would've confronted Charrisse on camera to tell her she doesn't appreciate her spreading rumors about her and that she's always been faithful to her husband.  Instead she ran around trying to manage and control and now everything is out of control.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

This is part of what makes me question the Gigi revenge motive.  Like why go to Monique's maybe friend Charisse with this piping hot tea?  Why not hit up Gizelle?  But, like you said, maybe Gigi did and Gizelle directed her to Charisse to get her back on the show?  I just know if it were me, and I wanted revenge, I'll spill the tea to your mortal enemy Gizelle who can do with it what she wants.  

I just feel like there is maybe a possibility that Gigi really wanted to know if her friend's marriage was threatened by this personal trainer, since Charisse was the one who referred him to Monique (or at least thats how I read it).  And frankly, if what Charisse says is true and the trainer sleeps with all his clients than he might be a threat to Monique's marriage and fidelity.  Only to say that it all sounds horrible, but there is a way where Gigi might not be a horrible human being.  This is why I need Charisse and Gigi at this reunion.  Make it happen Andy!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

If Monique had any intelligence or savvy, she could have taken all the power out of the rumor by addressing it head on and controlling the narrative.  Instead, she let Gizelle, social media and the producers control the narrative.  As someone said "you can't get sprayed with the tea you spill"  or something like that.  I really think it could have been an interesting conversation.  or very telenovela.  

THIS.

Monique was so popular that there were a million ways to address all this foolishness where she would come out smelling like a rose.  

First, no one really believes the cheating rumors after seeing the general strength of her marriage.

Second, her baby is the spitting image of her husband, so there was that (unless her trainer is Big Chris's twin).

Thirdly, the viewers do not like Charisse. Charisse started out the franchise as the most well connected woman on the show and she still could not retain her place. Charisse came off like someone who got everything in life through her husband's fame/connections but thought she was the one really doing something.

Monique got all her privileges through her husband's accomplishments, as well but viewers were won over by her warmth and beauty.

Instead, she ends up attacking the tiniest and most annoying member of the cast. I am really disappointed in Monique's stupidity as well as her actions. It was like watching Wonder Woman beating up a toddler wearing a wig

As a side note...please do not believe Michael's bullshit regarding his sweet little baby. 😞

I have posted some video on the media thread that showed he was grabbing men's butts way back in the first season...years before any babies were even born. He is a predator that is savvy enough to make himself look like the victim when needed.

• Love 4

At the same time, Gizelle only talked about the rumor in her talking head and never on camera  or in a group setting when Monique was there. She had the opportunity and didn't. Is that because she wanted Charisse to be able to do it? Also she only talked about the trainer. She didn't say (or they didn't air) the baby rumor. She only alluded to it on WWHL when she said that she was with the real father of her baby. 

The story is that production didn't want to touch the rumors, so if Gizelle didn't talk about it, it MIGHT not have reached so many people, and if Candiace didn't get on IG live and spill the plot tea, it would have been even more contained in their circle. I still maintain that Monique was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Don't talk about it, sounds like you have something to hide. Do talk about it, you are trying to hard to cover it up. The power of suggestion. It's out there, so people who want it to be true will think it is true. 

• Love 5

I thought what Candace said to Ashley was rude, but not really disproportionate given the situation. Ashley was having a very strong opinion about something she didn’t even see that was a pretty serious incident. This is the Ashley I hate. The one who is such a little bitch about things that have nothing to do with her! She does this all the time too, Like when she spent a season going after Robyn’s relationship with Juan.  I understand it’s the entire job of a Real Housewife to have loud opinions about things no one in their right mind would get into, but Ashley can never read the room (the audience) about when she’s just looking stupid or annoying. She goes in all the damn time and once she starts going in she won’t stop. I know they all do this from time to time but Ashley does it ALL THE TIME. Plus her stances on issues are generally pretty transparently self serving. Like this, she’s mad at Candace so she’s taking Monique’s side. She doesn’t even have a point. It’s just anti-Candace/pro-Monique.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I thought what Candace said to Ashley was rude, but not really disproportionate given the situation.

I actually don't think it was rude.  It would've been rude if this happened:

Candiace: I guess you have to beg for a check from Monique since Michael won't give you any money.

Ashley: Why would I need a check? My husband's a millionnaire!

Candiace did not bring up Michael, Ashley did to shut Candiace up.  Ashley did that with Wendy, too.  Nobody was talking about Michael, nobody was thinking about him so Ashley can't bring him up then cry about pot shots being taken about him.

29 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Like this, she’s mad at Candace so she’s taking Monique’s side. She doesn’t even have a point. It’s just anti-Candace/pro-Monique.

Ashley's point is she saw how 3 of the cast members banded together to not film with Monique over at Karen's house.  The only reason Karen is not aligning with the GEB + Wendy against Monique is she doesn't care for the GEB + Wendy and Karen doesn't want to be part of a gang up on any one castmember.  Karen didn't join the mob against Candiace earlier in the season and she doesn't want to join the mob against Monique now.

Although Karen states she's neutral, she leans more towards Candiace than Monique because if Monique had beat her up like that she knows she would've filed charges on Monique (as she stated at the farm).  So that's another person potentially on the "Bye Monique" train.

Ashley doesn't like Candiace and she probably discussed with Monique behind the scenes that if Monique has to go, then Candiace should have to go too.   My theory is that from this episode on, Ashley is going to try to bait Candiace into another butter knife/winery situation to show the rest of the cast (and production) it's not Monique that should be iced out...it's Candiace.  That's why Ashley was so insistent Candiace started the fight (until being told by the people who were there that she didn't).

It was the cast's original plan to get rid of Candiace anyway ...that's why Monique teamed up with the GEB in the first place and if Ashley & Monique are such good friends, Ashley knew that.

• Love 2
On 10/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, RealReality said:

I get why folks are on Monique side because she is a pretty, black mother married to a black men of respect and wealth. The optics of that are something we, as folks of color, have been robbed of seeing on tv for a long time. But I don't let that cloud my  judgement. I grew up in the hood. I get how chicks like Candace and Gizelle, wealthier or middle class girls, who will pick at the hood girl, hoping she will snap. I snapped once, threw a chair at a bish. I never felt lower. I let that dumb chick get me so riled up, I risked all the priveleges ,I risked my kid ( I had one at the time), just so I could feel good at throwing a chair at a bish who said and did some low shit. The difference was, unlike Monique, I sobered up quick, knowing I was a single, working mother and this girl could ruin any progress I had made. That was life changing and life affirming. Now if I am drunk on tequilla and Dorinda is yelling in my face without Clip being the yelling, Karen and Eddie Judge are not sitting somewhere nearby munching the shah spread style snacks, then yeah a chair maybe be thrown. Kidding I swear!

My point is Monique is wrong. She's too old to be this immature. And she also chose her target. Like Miss Evelyn Lozada, of BasketBall Wives. She's a stealth bully. She will only attack and be physical with chick who are smaller or who aren't fighters, but they are always the ones folks don't like. A true person who is "triggered" is "TRIGGERED", by anyone who gets their trigger going. 

Dorinda is far worse than any of these women on almost any of the franchises with her violent, abusive yowling and hands in people's faces, the next offender is Miss Felon Teresa G Goon Gorga, so if anyone uses this franchise to judge how violent women of color are, they can take several seats. I hate that excuse for stereotyping folks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 10/19/2020 at 6:27 PM, LaurelleJ said:

Maybe someone can also say why Candiace filed charges in Montgomery County, where Monique and the rest of Potomac live, but not in Prince Georges County, where Candiace lives?

I'm not familiar with the area, but is that the county where the assault happened?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

I get why folks are on Monique side because she is a pretty, black mother married to a black men of respect and wealth. The optics of that are something we, as folks of color, have been robbed of seeing on tv for a long time. But I don't let that cloud my  judgement. I grew up in the hood. I get how chicks like Candace and Gizelle, wealthier or middle class girls, who will pick at the hood girl, hoping she will snap. I snapped once, threw a chair at a bish. I never felt lower. I let that dumb chick get me so riled up, I risked all the priveleges ,I risked my kid ( I had one at the time), just so I could feel good at throwing a chair at a bish who said and did some low shit. The difference was, unlike Monique, I sobered up quick, knowing I was a single, working mother and this girl could ruin any progress I had made. That was life changing and life affirming. Now if I am drunk on tequilla and Dorinda is yelling in my face without Clip being the yelling, Karen and Eddie Judge are not sitting somewhere nearby munching the shah spread style snacks, then yeah a chair maybe be thrown. Kidding I swear!

My point is Monique is wrong. She's too old to be this immature. And she also chose her target. Like Miss Evelyn Lozada, of BasketBall Wives. She's a stealth bully. She will only attack and be physical with chick who are smaller or who aren't fighters, but they are always the ones folks don't like. A true person who is "triggered" is "TRIGGERED", by anyone who gets their trigger going. 

Dorinda is far worse than any of these women on almost any of the franchises with her violent, abusive yowling and hands in people's faces, the next offender is Miss Felon Teresa G Goon Gorga, so if anyone uses this franchise to judge how violent women of color are, they can take several seats. I hate that excuse for stereotyping folks. 

Love this post.  Monique took the bait and lost it.  It's a good thing that she's on a reality show, because if this has been somewhere else,  the police could have been called and it could have gotten ugly.  

• Love 2

Gigi's recording

The quality is not the greatest and there is some stupid music in the background.

Mostly, what you would expect.

Gigi was also a good friend of Chris's ex (Hazel?). Monique was Chris's personal assistant for many years and did not have a place to go (according to Gigi). Gigi and Monique looked up Chris's personal wealth before she started dating him.

Gigi claims to love Monique but wanted to protect Chris.

4 hours ago, qtpye said:

Gigi was also a good friend of Chris's ex (Hazel?). Monique was Chris's personal assistant for many years and did not have a place to go (according to Gigi). Gigi and Monique looked up Chris's personal wealth before she started dating him.

"Hazel" is Monique.

Gigi said Monique was homeless and living in her vehicle and this was confirmed when they re-ran the episode where Monique was talking to the pastor and he mentioned about her being homeless. (That's probably the real reason why she was so offended when Gizelle said "You don't have a home?")

Chris had a longtime girlfriend at the time so I'm not sure if there was any overlap between Chris' original girlfriend and Monique.  I do know Chris and Monique dated for 10 years before he married her.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

"Hazel" is Monique.

Gigi said Monique was homeless and living in her vehicle and this was confirmed when they re-ran the episode where Monique was talking to the pastor and he mentioned about her being homeless. (That's probably the real reason why she was so offended when Gizelle said "You don't have a home?")

Chris had a longtime girlfriend at the time so I'm not sure if there was any overlap between Chris' original girlfriend and Monique.  I do know Chris and Monique dated for 10 years before he married her.

Good to know...is it her nickname?

The whole thing was underwhelming. It was stupid for Monique to get so worked up over that to the point she tried to beat someone down.

I think most people realize that Monique is a bit of an "around the way" girl. It probably makes her more endearing to her fanbase, so there was nothing to be embarrassed by Gigi calling out about how little she had before she married Chris. Also, she got a little out of pocket at a club...if her and her husband had worked it out...no one else really cares (its not like she is going around grabbing men's asses like Michael).

She probably thinks she's "keepin it real". The problem is that rich women fight with subterfuge and mean girl tactics and that is how you survive in that world. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Good to know...is it her nickname?

The whole thing was underwhelming. It was stupid for Monique to get so worked up over that to the point she tried to beat someone down.

I think most people realize that Monique is a bit of an "around the way" girl. It probably makes her more endearing to her fanbase, so there was nothing to be embarrassed by Gigi calling out about how little she had before she married Chris. Also, she got a little out of pocket at a club...if her and her husband had worked it out...no one else really cares (its not like she is going around grabbing men's asses like Michael).

She probably thinks she's "keepin it real". The problem is that rich women fight with subterfuge and mean girl tactics and that is how you survive in that world. 

I have a lot of friends that watch Atlanta, but not too many who watch Potomac, because the first season kind of turned them off, they felt the women were too uppity and pretentious. I agree that I think this is why people seem to like Monique. I remember during her spades party, specifically when she said that "you don't want to see me in spades" that I thought wow, she's pretty real, and very similar to people that I know. That's why I in dog gravitated towards her too. I felt the same about Robyn during season 1. Hazel was like her rap/stage name, right?

It's unfortunate that the family is getting so much bad press with these rumors. All the kids are super adorable. I am a fan of the podcast and I really enjoy Chris Samuels on there, he seems pretty down to earth and cool. He's actually pretty funny. As far as husbands go, the Potomac husbands are some of my favroites. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think most people realize that Monique is a bit of an "around the way" girl. It probably makes her more endearing to her fanbase

That's why it was dumb for Monique to fall out with Charrisse, because Charrisse is also a bit of a "around the way girl" from Jersey with her own little rap persona (Cha Cha).  She could have shown Monique how to navigate people like Gizelle and Candiace to her benefit.  There's always going to be a Gizelle or a Candiace looking down on Monique, feeling she's a hoodrat and some of those women will say it to Monique's face.  Is she going to beat them up too? I'm pretty sure Charrisse has had to deal with women looking down on her throughout the years.  Did we see or hear of Charrisse trying to physically beat Monique up for their falling out, chasing her around a barn to tell her she will kill her? No.  Charrisse popped open a bottle from the champagne room she had to pack up and socially beat Monique up by closing up all the social doors to Monique.

"Hazel" is Monique's rap nickname.

• Love 4
On 10/23/2020 at 6:03 AM, LaurelleJ said:

At the same time, Gizelle only talked about the rumor in her talking head and never on camera  or in a group setting when Monique was there. She had the opportunity and didn't. Is that because she wanted Charisse to be able to do it? Also she only talked about the trainer. She didn't say (or they didn't air) the baby rumor. She only alluded to it on WWHL when she said that she was with the real father of her baby. 

The story is that production didn't want to touch the rumors, so if Gizelle didn't talk about it, it MIGHT not have reached so many people, and if Candiace didn't get on IG live and spill the plot tea, it would have been even more contained in their circle. I still maintain that Monique was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Don't talk about it, sounds like you have something to hide. Do talk about it, you are trying to hard to cover it up. The power of suggestion. It's out there, so people who want it to be true will think it is true. 

I don't see why production wouldn't want to touch the rumor.  Didn't they ask Monique about it on camera and she refused to talk about it?  I think Gizelle directly said in her interview that the rumor was that the baby was the trainer's and not Chris's.  And if production didn't want to touch the rumor, they didn't have to air any footage of Gizelle referencing it at all, they have hours and hours of interviews with the women so they chose that clip specifically.  

For Gizelle's purposes its pretty smart not to bring up the rumor at dinner.  Giving Monique a platform to deny the rumors doesn't serve Gizelle at all.  Gizelle's interests are best served by just letting the rumor go unanswered.  Why would she want Monique to deny it on camera?  She is happy to just let people believe that Monique had an affair with her trainer and a subsequent child.  She didn't even have to say it directly, but was able to say it was a rumor that was out there.  

MONIQUE'S best interests were served by addressing the rumors and controlling the narrative and she failed to do so.  Instead, Gizelle and Charisse have controlled the narrative. 

Monique had so many opportunities and so many avenues to go with.  She could have admitted that she and her trainer were close and she may not have set the appropriate boundaries.  She could have discussed it with the pastor and his wife at her counseling sessions.  That would have taken all the air out of the video of Monique at the club with the trainer and all the rumors.  I think that would have been far more interesting than this picture of perfection and essential oils that Monique is trying to put out there.  But I don't find perfect people interesting at all.  

Hilariously, I really don't think many people think the Monique cheating rumor is true, and the only person who is really giving the rumor life is Monique by her own behavior.  You're gonna beat up a girl who gave out a phone number but you're gonna run away from the woman who actually spread rumors about you?  Its odd. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/23/2020 at 8:59 AM, lamujerdecente said:

A million times this.  

I have never been physically violent with anyone, but I have lost my temper and snapped on people.  The release of anger and the adrenaline feel good in the moment but I always feel bad, because its a loss of control.  I should have control over myself, and when I snap on someone it feels like I'm not in control of my behavior.  Even if someone is acting shitty, I should be able to control myself and not stoop so low.  

I also totally agree with you on the "trigger" statement.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't see why production wouldn't want to touch the rumor.  Didn't they ask Monique about it on camera and she refused to talk about it?  I think Gizelle directly said in her interview that the rumor was that the baby was the trainer's and not Chris's.  And if production didn't want to touch the rumor, they didn't have to air any footage of Gizelle referencing it at all, they have hours and hours of interviews with the women so they chose that clip specifically.  

For Gizelle's purposes its pretty smart not to bring up the rumor at dinner.  Giving Monique a platform to deny the rumors doesn't serve Gizelle at all.  Gizelle's interests are best served by just letting the rumor go unanswered.  Why would she want Monique to deny it on camera?  She is happy to just let people believe that Monique had an affair with her trainer and a subsequent child.  She didn't even have to say it directly, but was able to say it was a rumor that was out there.  

MONIQUE'S best interests were served by addressing the rumors and controlling the narrative and she failed to do so.  Instead, Gizelle and Charisse have controlled the narrative. 

Monique had so many opportunities and so many avenues to go with.  She could have admitted that she and her trainer were close and she may not have set the appropriate boundaries.  She could have discussed it with the pastor and his wife at her counseling sessions.  That would have taken all the air out of the video of Monique at the club with the trainer and all the rumors.  I think that would have been far more interesting than this picture of perfection and essential oils that Monique is trying to put out there.  But I don't find perfect people interesting at all.  

Hilariously, I really don't think many people think the Monique cheating rumor is true, and the only person who is really giving the rumor life is Monique by her own behavior.  You're gonna beat up a girl who gave out a phone number but you're gonna run away from the woman who actually spread rumors about you?  Its odd. 

Both Gizelle and Monique were asked about the rumors in their interviews. Monique said that she didn't want to discuss them because they were so nasty. They cut to Gizelle and she said that Monique was too close to her trainer. Neither mentioned the rumor about the child not being her husband's baby. that part did not come out until Candiace went on live and said something about the plot to bring that rumor on the show. Gizelle alluded to that on WWHL when she said she was with the "real" father of her baby. Monique has said that the rumors altogether were nasty, which is that she had an abortion instead of a miscarriage, that she committed adultery, and that her baby was not her husband's baby. Production just let the cheating rumors go, but I think it would have been pretty sick if they let all that air. 

On 10/20/2020 at 9:43 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I've completely checked out of this season, as it's become all about this fight and IMO a narrative of Candiace vs. Monique, where a person has to be one or the other and I'm neither. Bottom line for me is Monique was dead wrong for striking first and allowing herself to get to that place. And she's doing herself no favors still trying to control the narrative. It is what it is - take your L and move on and let it go. 

That said, Candiace is so fucking unpleasant to me that I cannot find it in myself to feel bad for her or empathize with her, even while acknowledging that yes, Monique was wrong. And she's the only one in the cast that's like this for me. Gizelle is a messy instigator but dammit, Gizelle cracks me the hell up a lot of the times with her shade and snark. Karen and her delusions of grandeur are also entertaining, even Robin and her tired ass narrative with Juan is more palatable to me than Candiace. 

It's the smug attitude, the zero to sixty the second someone says anything she doesn't agree with, the spoiled princess bullshit. I just can't with her. When Candiace had her therapy session after the fight, she talked about how many people were essentially mocking and laughing at her and making fun of her being attacked and acting like she deserved it.

And while I'm the first to always say that social media is a toxic as fuck cesspool that most would do well to limit their time on as much as possible, I did think that maybe that should have made Candiace have some moment of self-reflection. Ask herself why so many, without any specifics of what went down, immediately assumed that she deserved it and were cheering on her "finally getting hers".

Like why would so many people feel that way. It's because she's fucking unpleasant and incredibly grating. And no, for the millionth time, that doesn't mean Monique was right in her actions. But sorry, not sorry, it's why I can't be on Candiace's side and why I'm frankly over this storyline. I'll check back in when they go on the big season trip. 

ALL OF THIS.

• Love 2
On 10/24/2020 at 6:23 PM, LaurelleJ said:

As far as husbands go, the Potomac husbands are some of my favroites. 

I would be open to seeing one or two episodes with just the husbands.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, nb360 said:

I would be open to seeing one or two episodes with just the husbands.

Do you watch real housewives of Atlanta? I remember one season after the reunion, the men (Greg, Apollo, Todd, and Peter) got together to shoot the breeze and talk all things housewives. It was a moment! I loved it. 

• Love 2