Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Fully Charged

• Start Topic

Wendy and her husband, Eddie host a “Sip and See” for their baby girl, and extend an invitation to Eddie’s estranged parents. Ashley and Michael seek counseling for their issues, while Karen continues to fight for her marriage. After weeks without an apology from Monique, Candiace decides to take a legal next step, and the possibility of jail time for Monique leaves the rest of the ladies in shock.

Airs October 18, 2020.

• Useful 1

How does Candiace's Lexus NOT have bluetooth technology for her phone?  It really makes me nervous watching her drive while holding her phone knowing she is going to have to also tissue dab her tears.  This is probably not the thought / emotion she was going for...

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

How does Candiace's Lexus NOT have bluetooth technology for her phone?  It really makes me nervous watching her drive while holding her phone knowing she is going to have to also tissue dab her tears.  This is probably not the thought / emotion she was going for...

It’s also illegal in Maryland.  At least in Montgomery and PG counties.  And, DC.

Robyn, I know you live closer to Baltimore than DC, but, there are real jobs in both cities.  Maybe you should get one.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Eh, I hate that they have what is supposed to be a beautiful ceremony for Wendy's daughter, then they have to sit around after and get into dirty housewife shenanigans. 

Robyn: so the rice...

Gizelle (cuts her off): So Candiace..... *brings up the lawsuit*

• Love 6

That may be the most action Sandy Springs has ever seen.  It’s always been known basically as a Quaker settlement and for the Friends School and the  Quaker/ Friend Retirement Village.  Nice quiet little town.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 5

broke chris telling candiace to shut ha ass up had me ROLLING.

also karen is inserting herself into this situation in such a dramatic ass manner. she's still playing both sides. and ashley stated that she wasn't actually there for the altercation, therefore, she needs to shut the hell up and focus on her business arrangement ass marriage.

• Love 14

Finally figured out what was bothering me about this particular headpiece... If you are royalty - why do you need your title "written" on the headpiece/crown ?  

Queen Elizabeth has been around for 60+ years and  her crowns, don't say "queen". You know by looking at it .

image.thumb.png.b377ca70c175349d9b4e4e382866f8db.png

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

Ashley stays the worst.  She is, by far my least favorite housewife. 

She wasn't even there for the fight and I think she is definitely trying to push candaces buttons.  

I dont begrudge candace taking legal action....you can't just go around assaulting people who annoy you

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Was that Robyn or Tatiana dancing at the basketball game?

Tatiana.

Robyn is the head coach's wife (sort-of), who needs to take her seat and stop trying to be like the ladies who are young enough to be her daughter. 

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 5

I understood what Michael was saying to the therapist, despite it being dressed up in psychobabble bullshit:  he feels spoiled and like the center of attention going back to his childhood, so when shit doesn’t go his way, he takes his toys and goes home.  I mean, three cheers for admitting it (?), though I’m not sure how much changing he’s going to be doing at 60 years of age.  I’m glad it doesn’t seem like Ashley is expecting much.  

Any pity I may have had for Ashley dissipated when she bragged about being “married to a millionaire.”  Michael may, in fact, have over a million dollars worth of assets (as do many, many 60 year olds in the DMV), but I doubt he’s got much cash.  In other words, if Ashley went missing tomorrow and the ransom to get her back was a million bucks...Ashley would stay missing.   

I’m not really buying Karen’s storyline with Ray.  I don’t think it’s nearly as simple as Karen being busy and relatively young and Ray wanting more attention and having the needs of a retiree.  I think something is rotten in Denmark that they’re not talking about.  Maybe it’s more of an Ole Blue Eyes situation.  I don’t think Karen is too busy with La Dame.  It’s not that innocent.  We haven’t even seen her do anything with La Dame in forever.  That’s just the red herring they’re throwing out there for us.  People fall out of love for a lot of reasons.  A fragrance doesn’t tend to be one of them.  The inauthenticity is so boring to me.  

I know that today is Sunday, because Monique’s behavior continues to sicken me anew.  Liking a tweet that says “Pow” in relation to her beat-down of Candiace?  Keep keeping on with the klass.  Countdown to Chris showing his wife the door and replacing her with a newer, more complacent version (and I’m not saying that I agree with Chris’s values, because I don’t, but the fact is, whether I like it or not, that Chris could replace Monique in a hot second if he wanted to).  Good luck to Monique in trying to replace Chris though.  She can look to Katie as the Ghost of Christmas Future.  

I thought it was a little trashy for Ashley to start breastfeeding at the table in front of Uncle Lump, but then Sheila said Dean was “barely out your cooch” and I thought everything was par for the course.  

Robyn is finally on time for something and this is how she gets rewarded!  Robyn and Karen’s pink was so much cuter than Gizelle’s pink.  Gizelle looked like a bridesmaid in a wedding where she was hated.  The stovepipe legs and the wig were on full blast.  Candiace looked like a bridesmaid in a wedding where the bride was lukewarm on her.  

Is Wendy’s mom taking the place of Dorothy as the eccentric mom?  I could live without someone filling that role, though I thought the celebration was sweet.  It seemed more authentic than some of those baby baptisms they used to show on Real Housewives of New Jersey, which seemed to be all about how much the parents could outdo each other.  

It’s not Candiace’s responsibility whether Monique goes to jail.  If Gizelle and the rest of them don’t like the penalty for second-degree assault, they can write to their Congressperson.  Candiace doesn’t have to weigh that before she marches down to the courthouse and tells them what happened, what was caught on film happening.  

It rubbed me a little bit the wrong way for Chris to get all up in Candiace’s face and tell her to “shut up.”  Yes, Candiace was being a little salty by saying Monique was paying Ashley, but can’t he say “quit it” or “Candiace, please hush”?  Candiace wasn’t really getting out of pocket. Ashley was giving back as good as she got.  If Chris gets this embarrassed, maybe he should steer clear of these events.  He is not brand new; he knows the price of admission.  That pettiness and drama that goes down puts food in his kids’ mouths and a nice roof over his head.

Karen going on and on about how she is in the hardest position ever, of anyone in the world, being stuck between two friends, can miss me.  Karen is not brand new to this game either.  She knows being caught in the middle is the sweet spot and your trip to longevity on this type of show, so the poor, trod-upon Karen story is boring me.  She is in her fifth season without ever having had very much of a storyline (what was her last storyline, Rayvin going off to college?) by egging on the drama, so she can forgive me if I don’t pity her position.  I was glad Robyn got Karen together with the quickness about that.  Robyn is another one who gets to skate without much of a storyline, year after year, but at least she seems to realize how fortunate she is, and she’s not bitching about it.  

Robyn has stealthily turned into my favorite one just for not being an asshole.  

• Love 19

Random thoughts: The contouring on Candiace’s face at the party was much too much. If Wendy’s husband has not had contact w/his mom, was sending the invite vía text really appropriate?  I think he should have called her. And yes, why doesn’t Candiace have Bluetooth in her car? I loved Ashley’s party dress, but I’m a sucker for anything purple/pink and sparkly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It’s also illegal in Maryland.  At least in Montgomery and PG counties.  And, DC.

As soon as you cross into Maryland they have a big sign saying Maryland is hands free.  Virginia is also hands free as of July 1.

1 minute ago, loveaux said:

also karen is inserting herself into this situation in such a dramatic ass manner. she's still playing both sides. and ashley stated that she wasn't actually there for the altercation, therefore, she needs to shut the hell up and focus on her business arrangement ass marriage.

When you ride the fence, you end up splitting your ass.  I think Karen wants to take Monique's side because she sees everyone ganging up on Monique and she doesn't want to be a part of that, BUT she knows Monique was dead wrong for beating up Candiace like that.   I don't think Karen wanted to participate in the gang-up on Candiace earlier in the season either.

9 minutes ago, loveaux said:

broke chris telling candiace to shut ha ass up had me ROLLING.

As he should have because he knows Candiace gets slick with her mouth and that's why she always finds herself in these predicaments.

11 minutes ago, loveaux said:

and ashley stated that she wasn't actually there for the altercation, therefore, she needs to shut the hell up and focus on her business arrangement ass marriage.

IMO Ashley made an arrangement with Monique to come for Candiace to discredit her.  Ashley wasn't there to witness anything so how could Ashley emphatically tell the table what happened? Ashley is getting the story from Monique and the others at the table shut her down.

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

so because she had a baby it made you cheat? it made you feel not loved? are you high  Oh hell no

Whatever and however people want to handle their relationship after cheating is their business.  However, in my opinion, cheating is a sign of selfishness and how the cheater responds to being busted can tell a lot about the core of their personality.  If Michael was busted and said "I am sorry, I was selfish, I take responsibility, I cheated because I wanted to," then maybe you have something to work with.  But Michael said:

• The baby has changed everything
  • My dad treated me bad so that's why I do the things I do
  • I have emotional issues so I do things I'm not supposed to

No, sir! The only true thing you said was you do things you're not supposed to.  Michael signed up for a freaky carefree wife.  I think Ashley being around women who didn't have to bring extra people in bed or do "things" plus becoming a mother and getting older, she wants something that Michael simply didn't sign up for.

26 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I dont begrudge candace taking legal action....you can't just go around assaulting people who annoy you

I don't know that I would've pressed charges because I would've tried to slice Monique's face with some broken glass if she had put her hands on me and that would've been that.  I think pressing charges keeps the situation going; I don't think you can come back from pressing charges. However, if Monique & her social media street team hadn't gone around taunting Candiace about getting her ass beat, I don't think Candiace would've pressed charges.

Just now, Momager said:

If Wendy’s husband has not had contact w/his mom, was sending the invite vía text really appropriate?  I think he should have called her.

She probably wouldn't have answered anyway. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I understood what Michael was saying to the therapist, despite it being dressed up in psychobabble bullshit:  he feels spoiled and like the center of attention going back to his childhood, so when shit doesn’t go his way, he takes his toys and goes home.  I mean, three cheers for admitting it (?), though I’m not sure how much changing he’s going to be doing at 60 years of age.  I’m glad it doesn’t seem like Ashley is expecting much.  

Any pity I may have had for Ashley dissipated when she bragged about being “married to a millionaire.”  Michael may, in fact, have over a million dollars worth of assets (as do many, many 60 year olds in the DMV), but I doubt he’s got much cash.  In other words, if Ashley went missing tomorrow and the ransom to get her back was a million bucks...Ashley would stay missing.   

I’m not really buying Karen’s storyline with Ray.  I don’t think it’s nearly as simple as Karen being busy and relatively young and Ray wanting more attention and having the needs of a retiree.  I think something is rotten in Denmark that they’re not talking about.  Maybe it’s more of an Ole Blue Eyes situation.  I don’t think Karen is too busy with La Dame.  It’s not that innocent.  We haven’t even seen her do anything with La Dame in forever.  That’s just the red herring they’re throwing out there for us.  People fall out of love for a lot of reasons.  A fragrance doesn’t tend to be one of them.  The inauthenticity is so boring to me.  

I know that today is Sunday, because Monique’s behavior continues to sicken me anew.  Liking a tweet that says “Pow” in relation to her beat-down of Candiace?  Keep keeping on with the klass.  Countdown to Chris showing his wife the door and replacing her with a newer, more complacent version (and I’m not saying that I agree with Chris’s values, because I don’t, but the fact is, whether I like it or not, that Chris could replace Monique in a hot second if he wanted to).  Good luck to Monique in trying to replace Chris though.  She can look to Katie as the Ghost of Christmas Future.  

I thought it was a little trashy for Ashley to start breastfeeding at the table in front of Uncle Lump, but then Sheila said Dean was “barely out your cooch” and I thought everything was par for the course.  

Robyn is finally on time for something and this is how she gets rewarded!  Robyn and Karen’s pink was so much cuter than Gizelle’s pink.  Gizelle looked like a bridesmaid in a wedding where she was hated.  The stovepipe legs and the wig were on full blast.  Candiace looked like a bridesmaid in a wedding where the bride was lukewarm on her.  

Is Wendy’s mom taking the place of Dorothy as the eccentric mom?  I could live without someone filling that role, though I thought the celebration was sweet.  It seemed more authentic than some of those baby baptisms they used to show on Real Housewives of New Jersey, which seemed to be all about how much the parents could outdo each other.  

It’s not Candiace’s responsibility whether Monique goes to jail.  If Gizelle and the rest of them don’t like the penalty for second-degree assault, they can write to their Congressperson.  Candiace doesn’t have to weigh that before she marches down to the courthouse and tells them what happened, what was caught on film happening.  

It rubbed me a little bit the wrong way for Chris to get all up in Candiace’s face and tell her to “shut up.”  Yes, Candiace was being a little salty by saying Monique was paying Ashley, but can’t he say “quit it” or “Candiace, please hush”?  Candiace wasn’t really getting out of pocket. Ashley was giving back as good as she got.  If Chris gets this embarrassed, maybe he should steer clear of these events.  He is not brand new; he knows the price of admission.  That pettiness and drama that goes down puts food in his kids’ mouths and a nice roof over his head.

Karen going on and on about how she is in the hardest position ever, of anyone in the world, being stuck between two friends, can miss me.  Karen is not brand new to this game either.  She knows being caught in the middle is the sweet spot and your trip to longevity on this type of show, so the poor, trod-upon Karen story is boring me.  She is in her fifth season without ever having had very much of a storyline (what was her last storyline, Rayvin going off to college?) by egging on the drama, so she can forgive me if I don’t pity her position.  I was glad Robyn got Karen together with the quickness about that.  Robyn is another one who gets to skate without much of a storyline, year after year, but at least she seems to realize how fortunate she is, and she’s not bitching about it.  

Robyn has stealthily turned into my favorite one just for not being an asshole.  

Uncle lump is really the beyonce of the group.  

LOL @ michaels "wealth"  I've always been suspicious.  A 60 something millionaire with a cash bar at a party for his young, trophy wife? 

Its the little things you notice. 

You "bought" your wife a Porsche but couldn't pay for the bar?  

It wouldn't surprise me if that Porsche is under a long term lease and paid for as a corporate expense.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Momager said:

Random thoughts: The contouring on Candiace’s face at the party was much too much. If Wendy’s husband has not had contact w/his mom, was sending the invite vía text really appropriate?  I think he should have called her. And yes, why doesn’t Candiace have Bluetooth in her car? I loved Ashley’s party dress, but I’m a sucker for anything purple/pink and sparkly.

LOL, ashleys dress look like an interpretation of pink.  

On a superficial note, Ashley looks poorly put together. 

I know she just had Dean but Wendy just had kam and I think Wendy's looks are always cohesive and coherent.  

I thought Ashley had a stylist?  But that high bun with that dress was a no for me.  And with hairs straggling out?  

She doesn't look like she is married ro a millionaire or a man without enough to afford a mirror.  

I was watching the last episode tonight's and her red top, jeans and leather jacket were also a big miss to me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Wendy's mom looked like she was using Fenty: The Casket Series 490 as her foundation

Robyn looked like she had on a Gordon Gartrelle special at Juan's game

Candiace's friend Cliff was serving Hasidic/Amish realness.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Finally figured out what was bothering me about this particular headpiece... If you are royalty - why do you need your title "written" on the headpiece/crown ?  

Queen Elizabeth has been around for 60+ years and  her crowns, don't say "queen". You know by looking at it .

image.thumb.png.b377ca70c175349d9b4e4e382866f8db.png

Wendy's mother needs to move in with Candyass' mother and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Why is Edward is estranged from his family? I must have missed it!

His family doesn't like Wendy's family.

Just now, Axie said:

I wonder how long White Chris is going to put up with Candyass.  I realize she has money, but, I'd rather work 2 jobs than deal with her.

He knew what her mouth was like before he married her so if he's acting shocked and appalled, that's on him.  I think he was trying to hush Candiace up because he could see Ashley was trying to bait her into an argument and another argument with a different cast member wouldn't be a good look for Candiace's case.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

Why is Edward is estranged from his family? I must have missed it!

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

His family doesn't like Wendy's family.

Part of me want to call bullsh*t on this.

from ( source ) - "Wendy has been married for nine years. She and her Nigerian husband, attorney Edward Osefo met as teenagers, were friends for several years before making it official after graduating college, and have been together ever since..."

• Just how well or not well do you know someone's extended family - esp. when one is busy working and raising their immediate family. I just did a flashback of all of the families that a person see on occasion when I was growing up - like in church.  At best you might know a person's first name, the appx block they lived on,  and perhaps where they worked.
  • they met as teenagers - so that does that say - it's ok to hang out as teeny-boppers, but not walk down the aisle? Did the beef start way back then? "Speak now ... or forever hold your peace".
  • It sounds like Edward and Wendy both did it the traditional way that should make a parent happy - completed their schooling independently and then married. Not much for a parent to still beef about - kids are grown. Maybe Edward is seeking approval from someone who isn't capable of giving it.
  • It's been 9 years... 3 grand kids later... surely the parents have figured out by now that life is too short and precious to keep beefing over something
  • Edward had his parent's number in his phone - who keeps numbers of people you barely speak to , or won't speak back. I thought he had siblings, so he if wanted to check in on mommy, call a sibling
  • Siblings- now everyone is grown-up with their own, probably glass houses, to keep in order. Who just has the time to worry about mommy doesn't get along with this siblings mother-in-law. Hell, they probably don't have the time to be overally concerned if Moms is mad at them for attending an baby event w/o her permission or consent (i.e. might have 99 problems - and Momma isn't 1.... ) .
  • Mommy just might be one of those people who doesn't get along well with too many people. or want new people in her circle. Guess what - they don't have to be friends. Edward shouldn't have expected anyone to pass invites.
  • Granted is a lovely thing to keep traditions going from the birth country. But the kids were raised (and it sounds like Edward was born) in America.  Maybe take a minute to find out what the custom is here - when your adult-child marry someone whose family doesn't have the right background or economic status, working the case up to the supreme court. Good luck with the verdict !
Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Allegedly Wendy and her family are of a "low caste" (like the untouchables) and Eddie's family is higher in status.  It was cool for them to date and hang out but marry? Never.  Eddie chose to marry Wendy over his family's objections so his parents decided to shun him and his siblings followed.  That's one version of the story I heard.

I think it's more likely that Wendy and/or her mother offended Eddie's mother during the wedding process and Eddie's mother was like "Do not marry her," he refused so she shunned him and the rest of the family followed.  He said 2 of his siblings had been texting him but it sounds like a case of "If momma don't like you, I don't like you."

• Useful 5
9 hours ago, Axie said:

I wonder how long White Chris is going to put up with Candyass.  I realize she has money, but, I'd rather work 2 jobs than deal with her.

I felt for Candiace when Chris told her to shut up - he could have been kinder about it - but it must be exhausting to be there every time she gets into it with someone, both in the moment and during the emotional aftermath.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8

stop trying to be like the ladies who are young enough to be her daughter.

Robyn was taunting the cheerleaders. She's competitive with young pretty women around Juan.

Broke Chris has always done this "hush now" thing to Candiace. That's his self-appointed role in order to be relevant to the cameras. Even-Broker-Chris can't leave her if his restaurant has fallen on very hard times during the pandemic.

Karen is desperately trying to rewrite history and reclaim her tatty grand dame role. Ray ain't havin' it. Her businesses aren't doing squat and if the show were to disappear she'd be hard up for cash. I assume Ray collects Social Security and a pension/retirement payment.

Ashley keeps trying to get a naked boob into camera range and so far production hasn't cooperated.

ETA: I can't take Candiace's victimhood seriously when she has been violent, waving knives around. But maybe the arrest will tell Monique to get control of her temper.

Was Wendy carrying the baby in her arms in the limo instead of restrained safely in a car seat?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I don't know that I would've pressed charges because I would've tried to slice Monique's face with some broken glass if she had put her hands on me and that would've been that.  I think pressing charges keeps the situation going; I don't think you can come back from pressing charges. However, if Monique & her social media street team hadn't gone around taunting Candiace about getting her ass beat, I don't think Candiace would've pressed charges.

That was my feeling, too. Monique's continuous taunting and complete inability to take any responsibility pushed Candiace to a place where it felt like pressing charges were her only recourse. If Monique had expressed any remorse, either directly or indirectly, I wonder if Candiace would have done so? 

I like Ashley more than many here, and I can understand her wanting to stick up for the women who has been more of a friend to her against the woman who has been decidedly aggressive towards her, but she was wrong to offer an opinion about what happened since she wasn't there to witness it. I think that Candiace was in the wrong for suggesting that Monique is paying Ashley (that's a silly accusation) to defend her and for saying that she won't be married to Michael for long.  But Candiace did dial it back and I appreciated the fact that Ashley recognized the warning that Candiace was giving her about Monique's behavior.

Karen doesn't seem to understand that this isn't the kind of situation you can stay neutral in. If the argument had not escalated into a physical altercation, then yes, she could say, "well, both acted badly and both were in the wrong." But when it gets to a point where one actor is SO clearly, egregiously wrong, you have to throw neutrality out the window. Because by saying "well, I can see the situation from both sides," what you're really saying is "I am choosing the side of the abusive person over the abused."

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Axie said:

Thank you! And I was okay with Ashley saying she's already married to a millionaire in response To Candace's insinuating that she's being paid to be Monique's mouthpiece. And what did stupid Candyass do? "Not for long." She just can't shut the fuck up, which is why Broke Chris has to tell her to be quiet. She always has to get in a deep dig. That's why everyone wants to smack her, although they won't. 

Ashley said she could hear the yelling from the bathroom and they showed a clip of her wondering what the hell was going on. Her mother is so crude.

I was about to ask when Michael had a cash bar, but now I vaguely can envision the scene but don't recall what the event was.

I didn't understand the wardrobe changes at Wendy's party, but I guess it may be a cultural thing. Her long nails around that baby scare me. 

• Love 14

Michael is in his 60's. How long is he gonna blame daddy for his lying, cheating behavior? That's a very bad look, Michael. Oh, and yeah, Ashley is giving all her attention to the baby, things have changed, blah, blah, so hey, let's have another baby! That will solve all your problems. 

11 hours ago, Axie said:

You mean her momma has money. I'm glad he told her to shut up. Not that it would ever do her any good. The beatdown Monique gave her was wrong, wrong, wrong but Candyass is milking the attention she's getting from it. She's the star of the season! 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

That was my feeling, too. Monique's continuous taunting and complete inability to take any responsibility pushed Candiace to a place where it felt like pressing charges were her only recourse. If Monique had expressed any remorse, either directly or indirectly, I wonder if Candiace would have done so? 

I don't think Candiace would have pressed charges if Monique had come to the meeting with the other cast members and expressed even a smidgen of remorse AND not been on social media high fiving people cheering her on for beating Candiace's ass.

35 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

and I can understand her wanting to stick up for the women who has been more of a friend to her against the woman who has been decidedly aggressive towards her, but she was wrong to offer an opinion about what happened since she wasn't there to witness it.

I'm not sure if Candiace actually apologized to Ashley for all the roach/bedwench comments on Twitter but they had reached a sort of detente.  So for me, for Ashley to then be all like "Candiace you were at fault for the fight" when she wasn't even there to witness what happened tells me Ashley didn't really care what actually happened, she didn't like Candiace, she didn't like what Candiace said to her and she was glad Monique beat Candiace's ass.  Ashley issued the standard boilerplate "It's wrong to put your hands on somebody" speech but she was glad Monique beat Candiace's ass.  When Candiace told the group the law needs to do what the law needs to do and Monique needs to catch those consequences, you could actually see wheels turning in Ashley's head as to how she was going to "get" Candiace.

Which I'm not mad at Ashley about because you can't talk to me any old kind of way and think I'm just supposed to forgive & forget & tra la la with you.  That's not how it works. I've gotten reckless with my mouth and people refuse to have anything more to do with me, which is fine.   It is what is is. You can't verbally or physically abuse people and not expect any consequences.

The problem with Monique/Candiace situation is Candiace got consequences for running her mouth but people don't want Monique to suffer ANY consequences because they don't like Candiace and they feel Candiace got what she deserved and that's what people are pushing back on.

59 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think that Candiace was in the wrong for suggesting that Monique is paying Ashley (that's a silly accusation) to defend her and for saying that she won't be married to Michael for long. 

I don't think Candiace was wrong for that and here's why:

1) Ashley was not there to witness any of the fight, but she emphatically told the table what happened to cause the fight, to where even Robyn & Gizelle were like "You weren't even there so how would you know?" It is not unreasonable to think Ashley could have leaked it to the blogs on Monique's behalf, which is what Candiace's "she paying you too?" comment was about.  Of course Ashley doesn't need to be paid by Monique; quite frankly, Ashley would do that for free.

2) To the second point, Ashley for the second time this season weaponized her husband's income to put down another cast member.  Ashley herself told the group if Michael cheated again she was through.  Michael shows no inclination to stop cheating & embarrasses her every season so Candiace wasn't entirely wrong to wonder how long that marriage will last.

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I appreciated the fact that Ashley recognized the warning that Candiace was giving her about Monique's behavior.

No she didn't because in the previews for the next episode she is running to tell Monique that Karen said she told Candiace to press charges.  That's not exactly what Karen said.  Karen said she told Candiace if she felt that strongly about it, go ahead and press charges.  IMO that was more of a "I'm tired of hearing about this crap; if you're going to do it, go ahead and do it and stop whining to me about it."

Karen is on Team Monique only because Gizelle is the ringleader in ganging up on Monique and Karen doesn't want to join the gang (she didn't join the gang when they were coming for Candiace).  However, Monique had come after Karen or Rayvin like that, Karen would've been the first one dialing 911 and pressing charges.

I don't think Karen can remain neutral if Monique continues to refuse to accept responsibility or show any remorse.  That doesn't mean she needs to join Candiace/GEB/Wendy in icing Monique out, though.  The most Karen should say to Monique is "you were wrong and these women don't want to associate with you anymore, but I will associate with you." 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I felt for Candiace when Chris told her to shut up - he could have been kinder about it - but it must be exhausting to be there every time she gets into it with someone, both in the moment and during the emotional aftermath.

He seems to be performing his role as muzzle/purse holder very diligently. Aside from Eddie, he was the only husband there and I think it was to try to keep his mouthy wife in check.

I am not hating Ashley this year, but I loathe Monique so her taking her side is an issue for me, and she should not have had anything to say about an event she did not actually witness, even if she could hear screaming elevated voices in the washroom.

• Love 10

Candiace is within her rights to press charges and she has no say it what Monique was charged with or the potential jail time those charges carry.  I didn't like the ladies (kinda) shaming her for for that.  I don't even like Candiance and don't want to defend her at all.  

• Love 12

I thought it was sort of odd that  both Dorothy and white chris were there.  But in retrospect, I wonder if they weren't there to support candace in case ashley or Karen pulled a move and  invited monique  as their "plus one"

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, lizajane said:

He seems to be performing his role as muzzle/purse holder very diligently. Aside from Eddie, he was the only husband there and I think it was to try to keep his mouthy wife in check.

Candiace and Chris need a code to use - like “It’s not worth it” or something like that - so he can remind her not to provoke and still sound supportive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I don't think Candiace would have pressed charges if Monique had come to the meeting with the other cast members and expressed even a smidgen of remorse AND not been on social media high fiving people cheering her on for beating Candiace's ass.

I'm not sure if Candiace actually apologized to Ashley for all the roach/bedwench comments on Twitter but they had reached a sort of detente.  So for me, for Ashley to then be all like "Candiace you were at fault for the fight" when she wasn't even there to witness what happened tells me Ashley didn't really care what actually happened, she didn't like Candiace, she didn't like what Candiace said to her and she was glad Monique beat Candiace's ass.  Ashley issued the standard boilerplate "It's wrong to put your hands on somebody" speech but she was glad Monique beat Candiace's ass.  When Candiace told the group the law needs to do what the law needs to do and Monique needs to catch those consequences, you could actually see wheels turning in Ashley's head as to how she was going to "get" Candiace.

Which I'm not mad at Ashley about because you can't talk to me any old kind of way and think I'm just supposed to forgive & forget & tra la la with you.  That's not how it works. I've gotten reckless with my mouth and people refuse to have anything more to do with me, which is fine.   It is what is is. You can't verbally or physically abuse people and not expect any consequences.

The problem with Monique/Candiace situation is Candiace got consequences for running her mouth but people don't want Monique to suffer ANY consequences because they don't like Candiace and they feel Candiace got what she deserved and that's what people are pushing back on.

I don't think Candiace was wrong for that and here's why:

1) Ashley was not there to witness any of the fight, but she emphatically told the table what happened to cause the fight, to where even Robyn & Gizelle were like "You weren't even there so how would you know?" It is not unreasonable to think Ashley could have leaked it to the blogs on Monique's behalf, which is what Candiace's "she paying you too?" comment was about.  Of course Ashley doesn't need to be paid by Monique; quite frankly, Ashley would do that for free.

2) To the second point, Ashley for the second time this season weaponized her husband's income to put down another cast member.  Ashley herself told the group if Michael cheated again she was through.  Michael shows no inclination to stop cheating & embarrasses her every season so Candiace wasn't entirely wrong to wonder how long that marriage will last.

No she didn't because in the previews for the next episode she is running to tell Monique that Karen said she told Candiace to press charges.  That's not exactly what Karen said.  Karen said she told Candiace if she felt that strongly about it, go ahead and press charges.  IMO that was more of a "I'm tired of hearing about this crap; if you're going to do it, go ahead and do it and stop whining to me about it."

Karen is on Team Monique only because Gizelle is the ringleader in ganging up on Monique and Karen doesn't want to join the gang (she didn't join the gang when they were coming for Candiace).  However, Monique had come after Karen or Rayvin like that, Karen would've been the first one dialing 911 and pressing charges.

I don't think Karen can remain neutral if Monique continues to refuse to accept responsibility or show any remorse.  That doesn't mean she needs to join Candiace/GEB/Wendy in icing Monique out, though.  The most Karen should say to Monique is "you were wrong and these women don't want to associate with you anymore, but I will associate with you." 

Ashley is a snake and monique is foolish to trust her. 

Right now, Monique  only has Karen and Ashley on her side.  

Of the two, Karen is the only one who is trustworthy and might help Monique in any substantive  way.  

Ashley running back to tell Monique that Karen would press charges seems designed to alienate Monique from the o ly other person she has on her side.

At that point, Ashley can simply dispose of Monique and the basement footage that is hanging over her head.   

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, loveaux said:

chile have y’all seen monique’s instagram post?

LOL, so five days later monique wasn't remorseful and didn't even know why she should apologize but two days later she realized she should apologize and then she spent the next year bragging about the actions she "apologized" for?  LOL.

Weird!  But clearly the narrative is not working as well as monique wanted.  Ha ha. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, loveaux said:

chile have y’all seen monique’s instagram post?

She's nuts. She just said two weeks ago on WWHL that if she was "fired [from the show], she might as well finish Candiace off". She said it with such conviction as if she was still in the moment. She's not sorry. In the words of Ken Todd, "Goodbye Monique." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Maybe Ray is just annoyed with those ugly wigs Karen keep wearing.  I would hate to be married to her too, she comes across as being very full of herself, in a way she's just like Gizelle.  😁

Seriously, I think Karen needs to understand that she married a man 20 years her senior and now she has to deal with that fact.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Monique's lawyer also claimed in a statement that Candiace attacked Monique FIRST so her attorney has no credibility.

Even if Candiace does want money, Monique put herself in a situation to give Candiace money.  Isn't that reason Monique wouldn't fight Robyn, because she claimed Robyn was broke and would love to sue Monique to get some money?

My attitude is if you put your hands on me and I have to sue you, you need to open your checkbook and run me my money.  Maybe the loss of some $$$ from your bank account will help you remember not to put your hands on people in the future.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Monique's lawyer also claimed in a statement that Candiace attacked Monique FIRST so her attorney has no credibility.

Here's the thing.   Even if that was true, why did Monique run out of that quiet room, down the stairs, outside and had to be restrained from fighting Candiace some more.  AND she said on WWHL that she wanted to "finish Candiace off," because Candiace said Monique was fired.  

And then Bravo shows the social media posts, proving Monique was participating in bullying Candiace.  And I don't even like Candiace!

Shut up Monique.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 20