Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E33: Power of Veto #13

• Start Topic

It appears to have been a snake draft and those fucknuts took Kaysar last.  Assholes.

Does Christmas not know how to count?  Why doesn’t she get that being nominated at this time DOES NOT MATTER?  Big baby.  She is so sour I can see why she’s always alone in a room.

Nicole’s machine gun sneezes were still funny even without the overly dramatic music.  But why was she chopping vegetables like that?  It was driving me nuts that she is too short and the counter is too tall.

• LOL 3

Can I say this Veto completely makes my point about Survivor puzzles? Puzzles do not (or should not) require any physical ability, they are solely a mental challenge. It's an even playing field insofar as it assumes everyone has a working brain.

But nobody was going to beat Cody in that challenge unless Cody tripped up mentally (and if he did, he could correct himself more easily) because Cody was faster than Enzo, Christmas or Nicole. Adding a physical element meant Cody automatically had an advantage. In a Survivor-type puzzle, that would've been eliminated.

I mean, this season has sucked outright, but it also feels like there have been more physical comps this year. Where's the "guess the number" Veto? Or the "spell something" one? Is it space restrictions? Pandemic laziness? Or maybe this season wouldn't have been one big jock-fest if so many Vetos weren't "who was the fastest at doing this physical task?"

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Oh. Deer. Gahd.

Hello boredom my old friend, I've come to talk to you again because a veto Cody is winning makes me think I should just be sleeping.

37 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

He's wearing ankle socks with his shoes, yo.

Fixed that for you... yo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Welcome to the unofficial end of season.

Once Nicole lost that was it. Game, set and match. Cody will win. Christmas was the last gasp of a dying season to alter that outcome but it didn't happen.

Meanwhile I literally said to myself "Why am I watching this?" during the Comic Battle. And then I remembered, "To pass time until AMAZING RACE STARTS" (P.S. Anyone who watches BB and does not stick around for TAR should turn in their reality show fan card)

The way they reacted during the battle made me hate everyone of them even more and I didn't think that was possible. Could someone please tell Enzo and Cody those battles weren't really happening?

Anyway as said the season is done.

porky pig.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

But nobody was going to beat Cody in that challenge unless Cody tripped up mentally (and if he did, he could correct himself more easily) because Cody was faster than Enzo, Christmas or Nicole. Adding a physical element meant Cody automatically had an advantage. In a Survivor-type puzzle, that would've been eliminated.

I was watching Cody's legs and they were sooooooooooooooo fast.  Nicole's tiny little legs could not compete.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Could someone please tell Enzo and Cody those battles weren't really happening?

Yeah I guess they thought 'fans LOVE the BB Comics, let's make a GAME out of them! They'll eat it up!' And then someone in production said 'great idea, have it for us by lunch.' And we see how it turned out. Like the rest of the season, just wasted potential. For example Day headbutts people?? Why??

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah I guess they thought 'fans LOVE the BB Comics, let's make a GAME out of them! They'll eat it up!' And then someone in production said 'great idea, have it for us by lunch.' And we see how it turned out. Like the rest of the season, just wasted potential.

Such a golden opportunity, missed.  What Production should’ve done was give the HGs a Rock’em Sock’em Robots set with slip-on cutout heads of the BBComics characters, announce the pair-ups on the LR screen, and let the HGs duke it out.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

And with that, the last slim chance to have anything interesting happen this season has come to an end. 

I’ve only not fast-forwarded through maybe ten minutes of the past two episodes, I think that means I’m done with this season. I just really do not care who wins (cough Cody), it’s become so boring and predictable. 

• Love 4

How long was that comics book challenge?? Is it done yet? Someone please wake me when it’s over, because I can... not... zzzzzzz. 

And hamster wheels, too! How fun. Someone please send lunch to the sequestered production team, so they can stop foraging in the mushroom patch by the back door.

Plus, eyebrow waxing!! Wow. This is WAY too much excitement for one show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I forgot to mention Christmas crying over "betraying her friendship" with Memphis by not picking his character in the game. She is unraveling and should be a serious consideration to keep around because of it. 

Yo, it's that fist yo, it's too powerful.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 7

I could tell that Cody quickly got the hang of a specific motion that stopped the wheel (he turned his body toward the camera and did a sort a quick but subtle side to side shift that stopped it dead) and I think that pretty much sealed it for him.   Ugh.

The only other thing I got was that the cartoon hamsters on their shirts were really cute--but for two shirts the hamster color/hue/shade matched the shirt pretty well and for the others not, and it bothered me.  Yes, this is what I am reduced to.  

Oh, and that one blanket (white with yellow-brown bits) looks like a sheet of matzoh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Can I say this Veto completely makes my point about Survivor puzzles? Puzzles do not (or should not) require any physical ability, they are solely a mental challenge. It's an even playing field insofar as it assumes everyone has a working brain.

I mean, this season has sucked outright, but it also feels like there have been more physical comps this year. Where's the "guess the number" Veto? Or the "spell something" one? Is it space restrictions? Pandemic laziness? Or maybe this season wouldn't have been one big jock-fest if so many Vetos weren't "who was the fastest at doing this physical task?"

I actually thought Christmas had a decent shot at it when I first saw the competition, and I’m surprised that she did so poorly. I definitely thought Nicole would have issues given her smaller size. 

However, I completely agree with there being too many physical competitions this year....in general, I feel like BB has been trending that way for awhile, and I don’t care for it. 

• Love 4

See, I don't have anything against All Star seasons specifically. In some respects I like them, because I don't have to expend any mental energy remembering which face goes with which name and figuring people out. This one, however, sucks ass. I'm sure part of it was having a few of their first choice returners sidelined by the rona, either actually or tangentially by not wanting to leave family right now. But dang. If they do this again they have to figure out a way to make people not communicate with anyone else at all whether they have been asked or not. Maybe tell them they are the only one invited to actually play the role of Big Brother in person, and if they tell anyone at all, the invitation is rescinded, and they will have to pay the production expenses of having the show personalize stuff for their role. Something. Anything.

I was talking with an equally bored coworker who is my BBBuddy, and we thought they would have to theme it - Heroes v. Villains, or Second Chances (people who were among the first three out, or at least pre-jury boots,) people who were among the top 5 who never got to F2, Old School v New School. Combine that with structural changes to the game like bringing back luxury comps and food comps, and above all, stop announcing the vote total. Then we might have something worth watching. Oh, and boot Grodner and Kass.

I don't even care which one goes tonight, just as long as this crapfest is that much closer to being over.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

If they do this again they have to figure out a way to make people not communicate with anyone else at all whether they have been asked or not. Maybe tell them they are the only one invited to actually play the role of Big Brother in person, and if they tell anyone at all, the invitation is rescinded, and they will have to pay the production expenses of having the show personalize stuff for their role. Something. Anything.

I'm pretty sure they are already told they're not allowed to tell anyone they're on or talk to anyone about the game before it begins. It's almost certainly even in their contract. But people (on here, on Survivor, on every show lol) always do and they always will. It's the main reason why I usually end up hating any season with returning players.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Again, I'm new to BB.  How do all of the castmates know the days so well?  Is there some gigantic calendar and they X out every day as it comes?   How do they know something is day 34 or whatever.  Especially Cody who doesn't even know basic words of his first language. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Again, I'm new to BB.  How do all of the castmates know the days so well?  Is there some gigantic calendar and they X out every day as it comes?   How do they know something is day 34 or whatever.  Especially Cody who doesn't even know basic words of his first language. 

They have this every year, so they know if they get near the end they'll need to remember the chronology.  Every night they probably repeat to themselves what happened on each day up to that point.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And they aren't allowed pens and pencils to write anything down. So its all memorizing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess the only question left is whether Cody will take Nicole or Enzo to the F2. That's it. Otherwise, it's been one long-ass, boring, predictable season of watching Cody march to the win. And I don't know that there are gobs of fans out there who wanted to watch a whole season of Cody marching to an easy win starting from Day 1. 

• Love 5

if I saw one more scene of Christmas crying I would have thrown something at my TV.  there is nothing of interest in this show and deserves to be put out of it's misery.  although, I'm not a Cody fan and it's not his fault everyone bowed to him through out the season, but he has won a lot and kept himself off the block.  So of all of them, I'd say he should win.

• Love 2

As people have said time and again; this isn't a competition it's a coronation. That's the root problem. As for the future "refreshing" the way they cast players is the answer. Get diversity in age, in ethnicity, in life experience, and in personality. Also restructure what you can. The veto isn't "working" so scrap it. Make triple noms commmonplace. Etc.

• Love 11

Cody deserves the win.  None of these so called Super Players really tried to get him out back when they could.  Pathetic game play.  And bor---ing. I'm so disappointed in one of my must watch summer/fall shows!

34 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

My memory is crap, I would be still running on that damn wheel.

🤣 I'm the same way!  I'd be running right along with you praying someone would hurry up and win so I could get off the wheel🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

Such a golden opportunity, missed.  What Production should’ve done was give the HGs a Rock’em Sock’em Robots set with slip-on cutout heads of the BBComics characters, announce the pair-ups on the LR screen, and let the HGs duke it out.

Complete and utter waste of potential, but this is modern BB, so I don't know what else to expect.

My immediate thought was what if TPTB had simply done an online poll for viewers - "who do you think would win the BATTLE OF THE BB COMICS?" - and use those results to determine the winners in each match-up. Of course it would basically be a popularity contest, but that's the point. Let the whole thing play out as it did, but at the very end, let the HGs in on the methodology. And let them rack their little pea-brains, trying to remember the victor in each match-up, piecing together the ranking of what America (and Canada?) thinks of these jabronies. Let them stew on that for this last snoozefest of a week!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

, I'm not a Cody fan and it's not his fault everyone bowed to him through out the season, but he has won a lot and kept himself off the block.

Enzo should have put him on the block, that was just sheer stupidity.

34 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Complete and utter waste of potential, but this is modern BB, so I don't know what else to expect.

My immediate thought was what if TPTB had simply done an online poll for viewers - "who do you think would win the BATTLE OF THE BB COMICS?" - and use those results to determine the winners in each match-up. Of course it would basically be a popularity contest, but that's the point. Let the whole thing play out as it did, but at the very end, let the HGs in on the methodology. And let them rack their little pea-brains, trying to remember the victor in each match-up, piecing together the ranking of what America (and Canada?) thinks of these jabronies. Let them stew on that for this last snoozefest of a week!

I considered that idea, but thought it might make it more predictable (at least to us).  As it was random it was completely unknown who would win.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

I was thinking that they could have set it up with each character having different strengths & weaknesses, given them hit points and had them roll giant dice D&D style.  Each HG could take turns deciding which character from another team they wanted to challenge.  At least maybe that way they wouldn't have ended up with the last battle being Nicole vs Nicole.  Your way sounds more fun for the audience tho!

I would feel bad for Christmas if she had shown a single ounce of empathy when the rest of the HGs were voted out instead of being such a witch about it.  She (like Cody and Nicole) just comes across like a major poor sport.

• Love 6

I forgot to mention Christmas crying over "betraying her friendship" with Memphis by not picking his character in the game. She is unraveling and should be a serious consideration to keep around because of it. 

She's as delusional as the rest of them if she thinks she had Memphis on her side. Memphis wanted a F2 with Cody, like everyone else.

Enzo should have put him on the block, that was just sheer stupidity.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how dumb Enzo is. He's determined to be in the F2 with Cody, just like everyone else. Do they all think they can beat Cody? Why? Even the people in the jury so far are drooling over what a magnificent game Cody played. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Get diversity in age, in ethnicity, in life experience, and in personality. Also restructure what you can. The veto isn't "working" so scrap it. Make triple noms commmonplace. Etc.

Agree with all of this, especially the first part. The early seasons, which HAD this type of casting, were so much better for it. Unfortunately, this is not just a BB trend. Survivor, Amazing Race... all the reality shows I watch have moved away from a “regular people” standard of casting to a tendency to cast models and young athletic types. I don’t understand why, since most of the fans seem to hate it.

As for the veto... yeah, it’s broken. To go through the whole process, only to have (almost) everyone decline to use it because they’re afraid of offending the HoH, is pointless and boring. Maybe they should try a blind veto, where the HoH makes noms in secret, then the rest of the HGs are divided into 2 groups, with each group competing to win a veto comp for an unknown nominee. The winners of the comps would then decide to use the veto or not, based on who they thought the nominees might be. It would be funny if someone won, decided not to use the veto, and it turned out they were the nominee!

I don’t know, I’m just spitballing. But you’re right, something needs to be done. Kind of crazy to think Dr. Will made it through a whole season, and several nominations, with no veto at all. Maybe they just need to try that again, and sub the whole veto comp for a more fun luxury comp. Just not another animated comics comp, because that was painful.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

As people have said time and again; this isn't a competition it's a coronation. That's the root problem. As for the future "refreshing" the way they cast players is the answer. Get diversity in age, in ethnicity, in life experience, and in personality. Also restructure what you can. The veto isn't "working" so scrap it. Make triple noms commmonplace. Etc.

Yes, the veto adds nothing to the game right now, because they're this groupthink that they HAVE to do what the HoH wants.  The HoH never wants them to veto the choices, and then they're supposed to vote to out the HoH's "target".  I hate it. 

TO do any future AllStars - my idea is this -  forbid anyone chosen from talking to each other.  Ask them ahead of time to sign a contract agreeing that if they DO contact anyone, they agree to forfeit their winnings.   Add in a few "plants" - BB houseguests who are NOT going to be on the season, but agree to "snitch" on anyone who tries to contact them about it.  Leak the names, and see who contacts whom. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

TO do any future AllStars - my idea is this -  forbid anyone chosen from talking to each other.  Ask them ahead of time to sign a contract agreeing that if they DO contact anyone, they agree to forfeit their winnings.  

Again, I'm fairly sure this stuff is all already a thing and it simply does not matter, they still talk to each other. Or, in some cases, they don't need to talk to each other because they already know each other/are friends in real life anyway so they're obviously just going to work together.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Again, I'm fairly sure this stuff is all already a thing and it simply does not matter, they still talk to each other. Or, in some cases, they don't need to talk to each other because they already know each other/are friends in real life anyway so they're obviously just going to work together.

In that case, my dream scenario is, Cody wins, then is told, "sorry,  we found out you were talking to other BB Allstars before the competition,  after you were warned not to, so no money for you."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I'm more of a Battling Tops fan myself.  My neighbor back in the 70s had Rock'em Sock'em Robots.   It was used much it was getting harder and harder to shove the heads back down.  They kept popping back up.

Aw, dude, I’d have nuked you in Battle Tops - I was my neighborhood champion.  😎

Speaking of which, remember Super Tops - the ones with the internal inertia gyro you revved up by running the big fat plastic tip across the floor about 50 times? Loved those suckers.

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Where the heck is Doctor Will?  Did he get evicted?

He faked a positive COVID test to get the hell outta Dodge.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1