Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E30: Power of Veto #12

• Start Topic

*laughs* Yes, this certainly represents the interest in the rest of this terrible season huh?

My only real comment goes out to Nicole... if you want to be the badass then you probably shouldn't have something like a PINK dress with adorable romping little kitty cats on it. Just sayin...

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Thank you, BB, for making Janelle’s comic fucking fabulous and putting Nicole in a cereal box.  Her reaction made this entire meaningless episode worthwhile.

Cody.  Kaysar is king and don’t you forget it.  You wouldn’t even be allowed to be court jester.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
46 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Guess people aren't that really excited about this episode

As I mentioned in the live feed thread, the show was so slow they spent several minutes showing Enzo making tea and Cody commenting on it. Other than that the show was mostly talking heads discussing how they hoped to win. 

For me the last straw was Nicole winning POV and knowing she would keep noms the same. I didn't turn the show off, I just emptied and refilled my dishwasher for the rest of the episode. (Rather than watch with one eye while I scrolled on my phone like I did before that.) 

I don't expect every episode to be Breaking Bad exciting, but this one was so dull and predictable it was painful. I'm now watching totally out of habit. I cannot think of a single exciting or unexpected thing that could possibly happen before the finale, unless it's in the jury house. 

Wow, I'm so negative tonight. Sorry. Covid is making me crabby. (Knowing it's out there. I don't have it.) 

On the bright side, watching the show is free. So yay. 

• Love 9

They probably should have had Hoover be the sole sponsor this season, although you "want" a Hoover to suck !

I guess it will be somewhat fulfilling to see Memphis get blindsided, if he really believes what he's saying about being so sure he's safe. And then maybe to see Nicole lose to Cody, because she deserves it-- the guy should have put up at least once and he was never even considered ! I don't think he'd lose against anyone that's left, really.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

I guess they'er not doing the hide-the-veto-in-the-house comp this year. I enjoy that more than this one.

I think the intentional house trashing that has nothing to do with the comp "tradition" has spiraled out of control and it's no longer safe to have the HG's do it. I know some interns that are very happy with that decision this year not having to put the entire place back together again. My opinion was always that they should say to the HG's "Be careful how you go about finding your vetos because you'll be the one that will have to live with it and/or clean it up afterwards."

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

*laughs* Yes, this certainly represents the interest in the rest of this terrible season huh?

My only real comment goes out to Nicole... if you want to be the badass then you probably shouldn't have something like a PINK dress with adorable romping little kitty cats on it. Just sayin...

You forgot to mention the white collar.  That dress would be adorable on any little girl under the age of 8.  

And Nicole wonders why she wasn't pictured as the sexy one in the comics. 

Add a lollipop, and Nicole's  halloween costume is "little girl." 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

You forgot to mention the white collar.  That dress would be adorable on any little girl under the age of 8.  

And Nicole wonders why she wasn't pictured as the sexy one in the comics. 

Add a lollipop, and Nicole's  halloween costume is "little girl." 

Exactly.  As I said in the Live Feeds Threads, I think Nicole is one of the worst dressed women I have ever seen.  It looked like she was wearing a little girl's nightgown during the veto ceremony.

The thing is, she is pretty and she did look very good in the dress when she made the nominations.

I find Nicole to be very lame (I was going to say corny but that is not right) as far as her personality goes.  That would be my most apt description of her.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

I guess they'er not doing the hide-the-veto-in-the-house comp this year. I enjoy that more than this one.

I suspect having the triple eviction basically X’ed out an entire week’s worth of substantial comps.

• Useful 1

And this, ladies and gents, is our All Star Final Five!

Enzo, who just learned how to operate a tea kettle at the tender age of 41.

Cody, who thinks that counting to 6 is hard. (Even harder in the air!)

Nicole, who is still suffering from a bad case of Janellousy and actually paid money for that dress.

Memphis, who hasn’t even considered that Tea Man may have spilled the tea (about the two F3s).

Christmas, who... is Christmas.

Yeah. Still rooting for Moolan for the win.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

I suspect having the triple eviction basically X’ed out an entire week’s worth of substantial comps.

Yeah, that probably would've been the "slip-n-slide" HOH & "hide the veto" week. 

I do wonder what alternatives would've been more exciting than the triple eviction. Without looking at the scheduling calendar, my thoughts gravitate toward an earlier double eviction, then a jury battle-back, then maybe another double eviction since they want this sped up.

• Love 2

I think Xmas is the one going this week. And I think Nicole knows and is happy about it. Last girl standing. Sure does seem like Cody was the chosen winner and everyone has been working to get him the W. No other reason for Nicole to not backdoor him this week. It is like they are all playing for 2nd as 1st was preordained from the jump.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 4

BG:  We have taken in 3 kittens of a feral mom from our backyard and are "fostering" them (probably won't be able to let them go, though); they are in a large cage in our laundry room until they have all their shots and get over ringworm, ugh.

At any rate, while I was watching the DVR'ed ep, my husband came running through and said "is one of the kittens screeching?"  (one got her paw stuck once and so we are alert to odd kitten noises). 

I was baffled for a minute and then said "Oh.  A teakettle was whistling on the TV."

Most excitement of the whole episode.  

But I'm glad to know it's macho to heat water with a kettle.  (Also, I don't think Cody should be criticizing his fellow New Jerseyaniteian for not knowing something).

Comics:  David's "David and Goliath:"  yes, I suppose he grew in stature from first to making it to jury; but though I'm not a Biblical scholar I know that David slew Goliath, from which I take the lesson that David was his own undoing, and other than Memphis' irrational dislike of him, I think he pretty much was!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed the constant strategizing we saw and heard last night.  We're down to a limited number of contestants, and a limited number of possible outcomes, and each player is running through all the scenarios, either with each other or alone, and trying to work out the best possible solution based on imperfect information.  I love it!  

Plus, we got the comic book competition, which is always fun.  These final episodes are going to be really tricky, and I'm hoping for some twists and turns along the way.  Who's the best player this season?  I think it's still up in the air (although Cody seems to be playing the best game up till now).

Edited by Gregg247
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I really enjoyed the constant strategizing we saw and heard last night.  We're down to a limited number of contestants, and a limited number of possible outcomes, and each player is running through all the scenarios, either with each other or alone, and trying to work out the best possible solution based on imperfect information.  I love it!  

Plus, we got the comic book competition, which is always fun.  These final episodes are going to be really tricky, and I'm hoping for some twists and turns along the way.  Who's the best player this season?  I think it's still up in the air (although Cody seems to be playing the best game up till now).

I don't know. Seems more like fake talk with Xmas and Memphis. Like Enzo and Nicole just know that Cody can't be voted out and will go to the end. They just placate Xmas and Memphis. And it really is dumb to not seriously play out the options because Cody WILL beat any of them. So its dumb to keep him. No way will either of them beat him in the final 3 part HOH either so this was THE week to cut him (Cody). Then he mentioned his GF's cancer. Think this was a fixed season. Charity season for Cody. JMO!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And this, ladies and gents, is our All Star Final Five!

Enzo, who just learned how to operate a tea kettle at the tender age of 41.

Cody, who thinks that counting to 6 is hard. (Even harder in the air!)

Nicole, who is still suffering from a bad case of Janellousy and actually paid money for that dress.

Memphis, who hasn’t even considered that Tea Man may have spilled the tea (about the two F3s).

Christmas, who... is Christmas.

Yeah. Still rooting for Moolan for the win.

I was like, did Cody really just say counting to 6 is hard?!  Wow. That's embarrasing. 

Boring episode. I'm losing interest. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

I also thought that during the episode.   A memory competition is fine, but we've have had several of them.  I like having a hide and/or find competition or twist.  If it creates a mess they can obviously get the HGs to clean it up.  None of the audience clean it up so it shouldn't matter to them.  I don't know why producers allowed HGs to throw drink and food around in the past anyway. 

5 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Christmas had a good idea, but of course Enzo isn't trying to win the game so she was wasting her words on him.  It would be better not to let second place get so much money, it would encourage more to play to win.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Speaking of Enzo, doesn't he realize that wearing that stupid hat with the hole in the top just focuses everyone on his bald spot?

I was thinking the exact same thing!  

While I think Nicole is smarter than she seems, she made a big mistake not taking out Cody when she could.  it would give her something to brag about to jury.  otherwise, even if she makes it to final two, they will give the money to someone who hasn't won before.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I also thought that during the episode.   A memory competition is fine, but we've have had several of them.  I like having a hide and/or find competition or twist.  If it creates a mess they can obviously get the HGs to clean it up.  None of the audience clean it up so it shouldn't matter to them.  I don't know why producers allowed HGs to throw drink and food around in the past anyway. 

The HGs do clean it all up themselves.

They don't send interns or Production staff in to do it. When Scottie dumped the milk in the hallway and bathroom in BB20, he was the one on his hands and knees cleaning it up. One of the best feed moments every season are when the person controlling the feeds turns them on almost immediately after they get back in the house from that comp and they're faced with all the destruction that happened and we get to see it. There's tears sometimes, there's a lot of grumbling and swearing, at least one person pissed that their clothes or stuff is thrown all over one of the bedrooms, and it fills that schadenfreude void inside my soul. The bonus drama that comes with the comp is fun. Like, Jackson disappeared into the HoH room (possibly to have sex with Holly) after the comp and refused to help clean in BB21. In BB20, Angela had hidden her Veto card in tinfoil in the oven and then dumped a can of coffee all over it (?) in order to hide it and when she didn't clean out all the coffee, the oven almost or actually did catch on fire. Also in BB20, Aunt Sam was piiiised that her precious Kloset of Krafting Fun had been rifled through and she was missing a hanger. In BB16 when it was the jury members who hid the cards and destroyed the house, Derrick actually showed emotion (anger) that Zach had flung Froot Loops all over the living room while dancing on the table and Derrick had to clean it up. 

Good times. Good times. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

It occurred to me when I watched the show tonight, given last night was the last real opportunity for game play at the Veto, that this scared rabbit/huge alliance game play deprived me of one of my absolute favorite parts of Big Brother: the backdoor nomination.

A backdoor was always shocking and dramatic, and a big freaking move, and the one thing this show had over Survivor. It used to be how they took out comp beasts, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. But it always added this kernel of excitement, the idea of the Veto being used "just because" and the target switching at "the last minute."

If I never, ever hear "I wanna win Veto so I can keep noms the same," it will be too soon. It sucked all the joy out of what should be the most exciting part of Big Brother and turned it into the same stale, predictable garbage the nomination ceremony is.

Get rid of Veto, or make it a freaking immunity necklace, if you're not going to use the backdoor, and save us the mind-numbing "I have decided ... not to use the power of Veto (again, some more)" ad nauseum, every. single. week. It's gotten so you can literally skip the last 20 minutes of the Veto episode, and that never used to be the case.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Eolivet said:

A backdoor was always shocking and dramatic, and a big freaking move, and the one thing this show had over Survivor. It used to be how they took out comp beasts, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. But it always added this kernel of excitement, the idea of the Veto being used "just because" and the target switching at "the last minute."

The one thing I don't like about that is how someone may not get to play in a competition at all and yet still be evicted if they had been the previous HoH.

It's been obvious for a long while that the Veto has been a problem, from the non-use of it to the randomness of who gets picked.

One way to create more gameplay would be to have a competition that puts up a third nominee.  Three nominees makes things more interesting, if it's just two it's often a simple choice and most of the house never feels in danger.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

If I never, ever hear "I wanna win Veto so I can keep noms the same," it will be too soon. It sucked all the joy out of what should be the most exciting part of Big Brother and turned it into the same stale, predictable garbage the nomination ceremony is.

Get rid of Veto, or make it a freaking immunity necklace, if you're not going to use the backdoor, and save us the mind-numbing "I have decided ... not to use the power of Veto (again, some more)" ad nauseum, every. single. week. It's gotten so you can literally skip the last 20 minutes of the Veto episode, and that never used to be the case.

I agree.  Using the veto is seen as some sort of disloyalty to the HoH, who must be obeyed at all times.  The PoV  makes the whole thing interesting and competitive, and that's what is missing lately, but especially in this season. 

• Love 3

The only real interest in the HoH room for the audience is the screen where they can spy on where others are in the house, but that's very rarely made part of the storyline.  And the whole 'who wants to see my HoH room' has always been funny because there's never much change in the room from one week to the next.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

The only real interest in the HoH room for the audience is the screen where they can spy on where others are in the house, but that's very rarely made part of the storyline.  And the whole 'who wants to see my HoH room' has always been funny because there's never much change in the room from one week to the next.

They have not included any of the “who wants to see my HOH room?!” reveals with the pictures, letters, and HGs discussing and looking through the HOHs goodies on the live feeds or the actual show. I don’t know if it is Covid related, but I really miss that segment on the show. It was fun, gave you insight in to the HG who won HOH and their outside relationships and degree of emotion they felt seeing pictures and reading letters. It was always telling who was excited to see pictures and happy for the HOH to hear their letter or got emotional for them or got happy for them for their goodies and who was pretend happy and a bit jealous, like “you got all that! I didn’t get that! Thanks BB!!” (Dani voice). It was also a glimpse in to true feelings of closeness and comfortability among which HGs who were willing to stay and chat a bit about the HOH’s excitement and family and who was not in to putting up the effort of the front if they were feeling awkward, unsure, insecure, or straight up “I’m over it” contempt and made a cursory sweep of the room and immediately left.

A lot of social insight outside of formal alliances about the social ease and grace of how HGs who are not aligned choose to act in those situations and I miss that part of the game both on the feeds and the televised show. That is what this game is really about! Yes you win comps when you need power and it builds a resume of people you evicted, yet it is not always smart to win comps if you are not in danger as this then makes you a target and someone to watch.

The competitions are exciting and fun and you have to win sometimes to get power to make a move if you are in danger, yet the real work is in the sliding with ease among relationships and using your particular social strengths to maneuver through, within, and past the others. That part is different for everyone as everyone has different social strengths and physical and athletic skills contribute to social admiration, yet other qualities matter too and the best players adapt to the mood of “the house” and to pinpointing some of the ego and emotional needs of the others and offering that to them in ways that creates strong individual relationships which lead to trust and sometimes sharing of info and loyalty (sometimes with a trusted relationships outside your main alliance). After the formation of The Committee, we saw many outside additional alliances this season, yet many were very large and not based on common ground, trust and loyalty, so at least 1 person in the group didn’t trust it. 

Edited by Luckylondon