Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/12/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 12 – Whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright (Former Director of Biomedical Advanced Research Development Authority) & Alex Gibney (Director, “Totally Under Control”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 13 – Cindy McCain guest co-hosts; The Political View with Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer

Wednesday, Oct. 14 – Aaron Sorkin (“The Trial of the Chicago 7”)

Thursday, Oct. 15 – Jimmy Kimmel (ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”)

Friday, Oct. 16 – Mark Cuban (ABC’s “Shark Tank”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I know for sure I will be FF'ing Mark Cuban's interview on Friday. Don't like him, and I don't need to hear anything he says.

Looking forward to Tuesday's show. I wonder if they will let Cindy know what a bully her daughter is ?  LOL!

The very BEST part of the schedule for this week coming up ? You guessed it - VIEW YOUR DEAL ! I can not wait to find out where I can buy the very best slipper-socks, sunglasses, and jars of organic honey made in trees by Keebler elves. So looking forward to this segment on Monday !

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 7

Dear Sara, appointing SCOTUS justices is part of the checks and balances, the only remedy the exec branch has to keep the SC from holding exclusive power. You yourself said you didn’t like it leaning too far one way. Adding justices will alleviate this. You can’t have it both ways.

eta:  It’s moot unless Dems take the senate. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Dear Sara, appointing SCOTUS justices is part of the balance of power, the only remedy the exec branch has to keep the SC from holding exclusive power. You yourself said you didn’t like it leaning too far one way. Adding justices will alleviate this. You can’t have it both ways. 

Sometimes it's better to just not say anything.  I think Sara thinks she has to add something to every conversation.

• Love 7

I understand Sunny and Anna are institutionalists but we are no longer living in times of fairness and equality. Joy playing that tape of Mitch McConnell smiling and smirking over what  he has done to the judiciary said it all for me.. 

Ana is right the media going gaga over Joe Biden possibly expanding the supreme court is a distraction and as she also said, as President he cannot do anything unilaterally.  Only Congress has the power to expand the courts.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3
  • Love 21

Oh Sara!  This is not the right show for you and you're not right for this show. It's not working!! 

Do they ever watch the show back again to listen to what they said? Everyone else can just talk.

Sara reads off a script and twists herself around as she does it!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I understand Sunny and Anna are institutionalists but we are no longer living in times of fairness and equality. Joy playing that tape of Mitch McConnell smiling and smirking over what  he has done to the judiciary said it all for me.. 

Ana is right the media going gaga over Joe Biden possibly expanding the supreme court is a distraction and as she also said, as President he cannot do anything unilaterally.  Only Congress has the power to expand the courts.  

I understand what Sunny is saying but this no longer works as the republicans have already been stacking the courts (see lower courts) and turning the SC into a political toy.  She should recognize these are different times and may require different solutions.  Sara seemed to want it both ways...court should be balanced....court shouldn’t be increased to make it balanced.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I wonder if this week's schedule will be pre-empted for the SC hearings going on in Congress ?

Its been on and off here. Thankfully not showing it 24/7. That may change though. Hope not

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, TheView said:

Tuesday should be interesting. 

Oh gawd i just had a thought.  (that alone is funny lol) but what if MM takes that time to show off the new baby.  Either remotely  or a short visit to the studio with the new baby.   She can show her to Mom and her cohosts she loves so much

• LOL 1

I don't think Cindy will be there tomorrow. Just heard the news her mother-in-law Roberta passed away at 108 .

It would be nice if she could make it, and perhaps talk some sense into Sara. I just can't follow her 'logic' sometimes - today was definitely one of those days.

• Love 1

This "moderating" is like junior high.  

• Teacher:   Throws out a question...
  • asks each student in turn for an opinion.   
  • Students have been primed and are prepared.
  • No give and take.  No conversations.
  • It's the best the teacher can do.
  • WE DESERVE BETTER!
Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, UpTooLate said:

I get that "stacking the court" isn't a great thing, especially for traditionalists like Sunny, and I tend to like order and tradition myself. BUT -- don't add two new Justices. Add 10, add 15. The founders didn't put a finite number in the Constitution FOR A REASON.

I never want to see this country's freedoms rest on the frail shoulders of one tiny, very old woman who has fought multiple cancers. It was not fair to put that on RBG. Put more Justices in place and make the court less driven by the beliefs of just a few people. 

If Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed as the ninth Associate Justice, adding only two judges wouldn't do the Dems any good anyway.  They need at least four to tip the Court in their favor, for a total of 13.

With the addition of ACB, the Court would be off-balanced with 6 Conservatives and 3 Liberals.  If Biden adds 2, the Court still leans Conservative at 6 - 5.  He would have to add four to make a 7 - 6 Liberal lean.

Who knows what the optimum number of Justices is the right one?  We've never had experience with more than nine at a time.  At what point does the number become cumbersome?  As a Liberal, I'd have no problem with raising to 13 once the Dems are in control (JMO).

• Love 5

I liked that Ana brought up the fact that Republicans are using Amy Coney Barrett's religion as a way of making her a victim, when there are Democrats who are Catholic and it doesn't matter. Meghan kept using this to attack Sara, so I appreciated that Ana made a point to say that this wasn't something we should acknowledge. There's no religious persecution happening here.

She did lose me when she brought up being who didn't vote for Hillary or people who voted Green as a dig for the reason why we have Trump, when at the end of the day the system is extremely flawed. You can't blame third party voters when the electoral college, gerrymandering & voter suppression happen. I wish people would bring this up more often instead of blaming non voters or third party voters.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Oh gawd i just had a thought.  (that alone is funny lol) but what if MM takes that time to show off the new baby.  Either remotely  or a short visit to the studio with the new baby.   She can show her to Mom and her cohosts she loves so much

Doesn't Cindy live in Arizona? or is she in NY with Meghan because of the baby?  If so, there is zero reason to go into the studio. Why make the staff go in?

Meghan was never going in and won't be going in with a baby.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4

What was good about today's ep was the discussion about the documentary (which I guess no one will see cause it is on Apple TV) about how the administration abdicated all responsibility and it led to so many deaths and infections.

Sunny was great in her questioning, as was Joy.

I have noticed that lately Whoopi gives a lot of props to Sunny and to Joy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

What was good about today's ep was the discussion about the documentary (which I guess no one will see cause it is on Apple TV) about how the administration abdicated all responsibility and it led to so many deaths and infections.

Good! They're the two biggest assets of the show imo. I remember when Whoopi would get so snappy toward Sunny. 

• Love 13

Cindy McCain is everything Meghan isn't. She's so right, it's not even about party anymore. 

My girl Big Gretch is in the house! She's so awesome. And she's right too: those guys were terrorists pure plain and simple.

Sunny, why are you dignifying the whole "her restrictions were too harsh" by asking her such?! Jesus fucking Christ, our cases are spiking up in Michigan and those assholes, instead of working with her, are just undermining her whenever they can. And for all the lip service some Congressman in Michigan gave about not condoning violence blah blah blah, they STILL went to an Anti-Whitmer rally at the Capitol later that day. 

Loved her laugh when Joy brought up how Trump claimed she should "thank" him for the FBI protecting her. 

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Cindy McCain is everything Meghan isn't. She's so right, it's not even about party anymore. 

She needs to have a talk with her daughter about that.  For all her "my father" talk her mother seems to be someone to be admired.

• Love 22

On Monday, Ana tells us that Republicans are using ACB's religion as a talking point to make her look like a victim. This was something Meghan said multiple times before mat leave.

On Tuesday, Cindy tells us that getting Trump out is more important and doesn't try to justify why Republicans are still holding water for him. Something Meghan was unable to do throughout her time on the View.

None of this makes Meghan look good, so I'd imagine ABC will get someone who peddles for Trump to guest co-host next week as a means to make Meghan look better in comparison.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Axie said:

I'm not sure how Meghan escaped inheriting her mother or father's like ability factor.  She doesn't seem to be like either one of them.

There a few theories about this.  

One she started hanging around the wrong people.

Two she is just a selfish spoiled privileged brat.

Three both one and two.

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, bannana said:

If you're talking about Totally Under Control I understood it was on HBO Max

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I may be the lone dissenter, but I wasn't too impressed with Cindy McCain today. Her personality has much to be desired - she comes across as very icy, and very phony.

She had the same demeanor when they were talking about her deceased mother-in-law and her new grandbaby.  She had the plastered smile on her face for both conversations, and offered light, happy 'filler' talk. It seemed like she didn't have much interest in the new grandchild. She carried that threw for the rest of the show, as well.

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong, but that was my impression of her guesting on the show today.

I also noticed they broke for commercial a little over 8 minutes into the first segment today, according to my DVR when I FF the commercials. 8 minutes - and that's including the 90 minute intro of what was coming up, and each host's intro. So they really spoke for 6 minutes or so, before going to commercial. Now there's a way to lose an audience - not enough time to keep them engaged. 

• Love 3

Whoopi lecturing people is very tiresome but normally inoffensive. Today she told Trumpers to go talk to their neighbours in order to find out how the Covid has affected them or their loved ones.

Seriously? She thinks this is a good idea?

stupid youtube GIF

Even Sara knew it was stupid and interjected that they should wear a mask to do so. And Whoopi said their neighbours would be wearing masks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Whoopi said Ka-MAL-a 3 times one day last week and never corrected herself.

I wish, when "moderating" that Whoopi would name who she is talking to and asking a question of at the beginning of her rambling comments rather that at the end. It is part of what causes others to jump in because they assume she is addressing them.

Cindy's lack of expression is probably due to Botox and she probably hasn't seen her first granddaughter yet. Joy thinks Lib looks like a McCain, but she may look more like a Hensley (Cindy's side of the family).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hey, did anyone notice that Cindy pronounced Kamala's name incorrectly the first time she said it?  She said Ka MAL a. The second time she said it correctly.

Yeah, she pronounced it correctly after Sunny said the name (and stressed the pronunciation) twice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:
43 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hey, did anyone notice that Cindy pronounced Kamala's name incorrectly the first time she said it?  She said Ka MAL a. The second time she said it correctly.

Yeah, she pronounced it correctly after Sunny said the name (and stressed the pronunciation) twice. 

It was so obvious when Sunny did that.

Her lovefest for Kamala comes out strong when people pronounce the name wrong but Cindy should have gotten it right the first time.

Remember how Sunny was glowing that she and Kamala were in the same sorority?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There a few theories about this.  

One she started hanging around the wrong people.

Two she is just a selfish spoiled privileged brat.

Three both one and two.

She got married?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, bannana said:

With the heavy laden host panel today i noticed Sunny didn't get to say anything until the ep was almost over.  But i noticed it becz she was an adult about it, no screaming hissy fits, no faces, no eye strain from lookin shifty,  no under the breath comments.  She just sat quietly watching the show and was ready when they finally got to her.  I love me some more Whit.  She really rocks it.  Michigan is in good hands with her, its just unfortunate she has no backup support or leadership.  I hope she sticks around though.  I think she will.  BIG PROPS to the people of Georgia for your dedicated voting, the lines wrapping around the block in the hot sun. I Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!  💞 Much Love

• Love 14