Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/12/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

When Jimmy Kimmel was talking about Who Wants to Be a Millionaire he said they are having a lot of front line workers as guests and said these people have a chance to win 6 times what they take home in a year.  Did I  hear him correctly?  I don't know too many front line workers that make $166,000 a year.

13 hours ago, bannana said:

Also, Sunny and Joy were at Ana's wedding, I think? Or was that Don Lemon's? Or both. 😁

Whoopi of late has been saying that she values what Sunny has to say, and today she said something like it's not great to start the show without Joy (when she was delayed), and Joy thanked her for that.

I think Whoopi's near death scare has made her more appreciative of the good and smart people in her life.

I love the Joy and Steve broadcasting mishaps. I live for this stuff! I loved when Joy said something about how we have no idea what goes on at her house just before the show is about to broadcast.

I've wondered whether Whoopi actually had co vid at the time and nobody knew about it.  The way co vid can be taken as the flu or other resp illness.  And the way it can go into pneumonia.  I'm sure she's wondered herself.

17 hours ago, carrps said:

I really enjoyed all Stephen Colbert's family members filling in as his crew, when he was working from home.

I think Cindy McCain has relaxed somewhat since her husband's death. I can't forget him calling her the c word...in public.

Whoa when did that happen?  Why did he do that?  She must be very forgiving.  How did MM react to that?  She does not seem to me to be very forgiving.  I guess it depends on the sitch.

• Love 2

Ugh SHUT UP SARAH.

I didn't watch either town hall because I didn't need to. But I did hear about that Trump campaign official mocking Biden's by comparing it to Mister Rogers. Like that was a bad thing. Ugh...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Whoa when did that happen?  Why did he do that?  She must be very forgiving.  How did MM react to that?  She does not seem to me to be very forgiving.  I guess it depends on the sitch.

I honestly don't remember. I'm pretty sure it was in a political situation. With enough people around that it was not discreet at all.

41 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It figures that Sara thought trump did ok at the townhall. 

To be fair to Sarah, as Joy and Ana both said on the show, the bar has been lowered for him and we have been conditioned to accept what was previously unacceptable.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11

Did we know before she told us today that Ana was quarantining after being exposed to covid?

So Sara gives props for Trump for not being as bad as he was in the first debate? I guess when you are looking for any silver lining you will find something.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I like Sara because she does try to find the silver lining in things..and it's why she's likable.  I would hang out with her in person as opposed to the other panelists that seem bitter and angry all the time.

You need a Sara Haines person on the panel to balance out the other people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did we know before she told us today that Ana was quarantining after being exposed to covid?

Not that i was aware of

So Sara gives props for Trump for not being as bad as he was in the first debate? I guess when you are looking for any silver lining you will find something.  The eternal optimist (good not bad)

17 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

If not the end of next week for her birthday, then definitely the week after (last week of October) to be ready for election coverage. She didn't suffer on for this show for the past three seasons just to miss the Presidential election ! NO way! Do you know how hard it is to be a republican on that show ? Of course we do - she reminds us every chance she gets.

Here's my dream, and if we all focus on it, maybe it can happen. 🤣  she comes back, shows off baby.  Even if just in pix.  Tells how it all went, labor etc.  Ok now its lunch time.  More anecdotes abt life since delivery. That should cover up til the day lol.  Ok MY hope is that when she has to actually to do some work, the separation from dau will be a killer.  Maybe enough so that she decides to start working from home again, and from then its just a slow matter of time.  There isn't anything big after inauguration so maybe that's when she'll make the big move of being Mommy full time.  Or maybe the occasional correspondent to keep her foot in the door.  Ok Everybody!  That's the Dream, now make it happen!!

Edited by ForumLou
Snip
  • Love 7

When they were discussing the "cute" comment he made to Savannah, they mischaracterized it. It's actually worse than the way Joy was describing it. She said he was calling her cute, to manipulate her.

Actually he was being condescending and rude to her.  I hate that the hosts cannot get something right when just an average viewer can. Joy said she watched the debate so I don't know how she misconstrued it. Here's the exchange from the debate they  were talking about:

“I don’t know about QAnon, you tell me all about it and let’s waste the whole show,” said the president.

Mr Trump then again asked why she did not ask Mr Biden about Antifa, and she told him that she was talking to him not the former vice president.

“Ha ha, so cute,” said the president frostily.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

IN all fairness (probably to Joy mostly), there are many of us who are angry and bitter right now.  I totally understand Joy's anger--she sounds like me much of the time, but without profanity!  : )

Thank you for saying that, there are a lot of us who feel like Joy, the only difference is that Joy is on television everyday to express herself. Not to mention, Joy lived through the turbulent 60's and has seen progress come out of that and to see that progress  being undone has to be heartbreaking for Joy.. I also think she is thinking of her beloved grandson and the type of world he will inherit when she is no longer here.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Sara gives props for Trump for not being as bad as he was in the first debate?

Well Sara, Trump wasn't in a debate last night!

Leave it to her to miss the point yet again just like she did with his taxes!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Here's my dream, and if we all focus on it, maybe it can happen. 🤣  she comes back, shows off baby.  Even if just in pix.  Tells how it all went, labor etc.  Ok now its lunch time.  More anecdotes abt life since delivery. That should cover up til the day lol.  Ok MY hope is that when she has to actually to do some work, the separation from dau will be a killer.  Maybe enough so that she decides to start working from home again, and from then its just a slow matter of time.  There isn't anything big after inauguration so maybe that's when she'll make the big move of being Mommy full time.  Or maybe the occasional correspondent to keep her foot in the door.  Ok Everybody!  That's the Dream, now make it happen!!

Since Meghan was talking publicly about her nipples, in a month or so Joy should start asking her how her sex life is going to get Meghan to leave for good.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

For years I've been wondering where in the world can I find Eco-friendly light bulbs and children's dinnerware sets ?  I mean, seriously having sleepless nights !

Well, today my sleepless nights are over ! Thank you so much VYD! And at 50% off for the next 24 hours ? Can life get better than this ?

BTW, I guess Meghan is going to get 5 of those Eco-friendly children's dinnerware when she gets back to the show ? LOL

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Since Meghan was talking publicly about her nipples, in a month or so Joy should start asking her how her sex life is going to get Meghan to leave for good.

I remember once Joy made a faking it joke "we're not talking about your sex life," and Meghan was all sourpuss about it. SE Cupp talked about how Meghan's a screamer though, and she was a better sport about that. I don't think Meghan is as shy and proper as she pretends to be. If the raunch is coming from a liberal, she clutches her pearls. If it's coming from the right, then Meghan makes it clear she's not a regular conservative, she's a cool conservative. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

Hahah love it  😎

21 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

IN all fairness (probably to Joy mostly), there are many of us who are angry and bitter right now.  I totally understand Joy's anger--she sounds like me much of the time, but without profanity!  : )

yep yep yep.  I know i do. I noticed something while reading the posts.  Funny we all watched that townhall and not JBs.  The trainwreck notion was true.  Thats why i was watching lol.  When they would take the questions they would say who the person voted for in 2016 and where theyre leaning to in this election and so many of them said JB.  That gave me a lil hope.  I was impressed with Savannah.  She kept her cool and was professional.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Hahah love it  😎

yep yep yep.  I know i do. I noticed something while reading the posts.  Funny we all watched that townhall and not JBs.  The trainwreck notion was true.  Thats why i was watching lol.  When they would take the questions they would say who the person voted for in 2016 and where theyre leaning to in this election and so many of them said JB.  That gave me a lil hope.  I was impressed with Savannah.  She kept her cool and was professional.

I agree ... I didn't think her back-bone was that stiff, but she really stood up to him.  Kadoos (TM Ramona Singer) to Savannah!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I noticed something while reading the posts.  Funny we all watched that townhall and not JBs.  The trainwreck notion was true.  

I watched Biden’s. Only saw clips of Trumps. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I watched Biden’s. Only saw clips of Trumps. 

I was so hoping Sara Haines would have ended the NBC town hall with "Trump Your Deal", and offer exclusive MAGA merchandise at just 50% off! I guess I'm just too excited with VYD these days.

• LOL 5