Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/12/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, OnTime said:

Doesn't Cindy live in Arizona? or is she in NY with Meghan because of the baby?  If so, there is zero reason to go into the studio. Why make the staff go in?

Meghan was never going in and won't be going in with a baby.

Sorry, i did mean remotely.

• Love 2

When Joy told Cindy how nice it was to see a Republican put country over party she had to have been referring to Meghan.  And even if she wasn't I'm sure Meghan thought she was.  

I was never a fan of Cindy but when she was talking about how she had a pity party for herself after her husband died and watched too much Lifetime Television and gained the covid 15 lbs she sounded very genuine.  Her daughter is nothing like her.

And we found out from Joy that baby Liberty looks like her mom's side of the family.  So she must have seen a pic.

• Love 16

Whoopi, saying she hasn’t made up her mind is exactly what Amy Barrett said. Repeatedly. Unfortunately her body of work says otherwise. Dems aren’t buying it.

Whoopi is doing a lot of nonsensical babbling today. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

I agree with Sara regarding the Pelosi/Wolf interview. Pelosi, whether she's right or wrong (and I won't say my opinion due to it being OT) she didn't come off well in that interview. This was maybe the first time I've seen her properly challenged and she didn't handle herself well at all. Came off as snarky and angry. And she accused Wolf of being a Republican apologist because he quoted Ro Kanna...who is a Dem.

• Love 6
On 10/12/2020 at 11:57 PM, RealHousewife said:

Good! They're the two biggest assets of the show imo. I remember when Whoopi would get so snappy toward Sunny. 

Yes she was pretty mean to Sunny at times. Maybe having Meghan on the show these last few years has made Whoopi learn to appreciate Sunny's smarts.

• Love 10
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

I got a kick out of Joy's husband accidentally placing his arm in front of the camera!  It was an LOL moment & Joy just played along with it.

Omg I was laughing so hard. I thought is that a sock puppet lol too funny. Didn't Steve make some noise or talk to her a few weeks ago? I remember she had to tell him they were on 😄.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I agree with Sara regarding the Pelosi/Wolf interview. Pelosi, whether she's right or wrong (and I won't say my opinion due to it being OT) she didn't come off well in that interview. This was maybe the first time I've seen her properly challenged and she didn't handle herself well at all. Came off as snarky and angry. And she accused Wolf of being a Republican apologist because he quoted Ro Kanna...who is a Dem.

Pelosi was right, CNN always preface their questions at Democrats from the Republican perspective. You would have to watch the whole interview, he made it seem that Pelosi was being recalcitrant when she has worked her butt off to get a bill out to help the American people.  Wolf did not know what the hell he was talking about and she was right to call him out. Bernie used to call out CNN for the same thing.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 4
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Amy Coney Barret scares the hell out of me...

Sarah is absolutely right in that elections matter especially local ones and we are seeing the results of this via this supreme court nominee..

Probably the Stepford wife vibe...or her being similar to Amy Adams.

• Love 2

Sunny is right. Trump doesn't care about actually helping people suffering from the pandemic. He wants to send out checks with his name on them.  I know where I live when the first stimulus checks were sent out tattoo parlors were packed. Walmart was sold out of big screen TVs.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sunny is right. Trump doesn't care about actually helping people suffering from the pandemic. He wants to send out checks with his name on them.  I know where I live when the first stimulus checks were sent out tattoo parlors were packed. Walmart was sold out of big screen TVs.  

The stimulus bill is also supposed to help the states that are in need of cash from the federal governent to operate, some states are on the verge of declaring bankruptcy. If that happens, what will happen to our  hospitals, police departments, fire departments, social services to the people.  Small businesses are being wiped out and there are some states dealing with natural disasters in addition to the pandemic. People are losing their homes, evictions have started. So Wolf needs to shut his pie hole...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Probably the Stepford wife vibe...or her being similar to Amy Adams.

Someone told me they thought she looks like Amanda Knox..now that I’ve heard it, I kind of agree.  And I wish one of them had discussed the fact that she omitted of important info on her submission to the committee..essentially lied.  But I haven’t heard any of them address that.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 5

I am going to watch Whoopi's show The Con. She's the narrator. Hopefully she can spit her words out better when she is not live.

Did Joy get to ask a question of Aaron Sorkin? It seemed like Sara got two and Joy got none but maybe I missed it. I thought that was an interesting interview.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

I am going to watch Whoopi's show The Con. She's the narrator. Hopefully she can spit her words out better when she is not live.

Did Joy get to ask a question of Aaron Sorkin? It seemed like Sara got two and Joy got none but maybe I missed it. I thought that was an interesting interview.

It was i liked it.  Isn't Whoops new show, basically the same as the one Sunny did a while back.  She was .basically narrating it also and investigating it again.  Not a big deal, those kind of shows are popular.

4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I got a kick out of Joy's husband accidentally placing his arm in front of the camera!  It was an LOL moment & Joy just played along with it.

Hahah he's so funny!  And she hehe.  When all is said and done, and we are out of this crisis and back in the studio, or even not doesn't matter.  They should have a Best Co Vid Asst 2020 contest.  All the sig others that got a crash course in tech support in diff categories.  Someone can craft an award and sash.  They deserve it!  The unsung heroes!

4 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Yes she was pretty mean to Sunny at times. Maybe having Meghan on the show these last few years has made Whoopi learn to appreciate Sunny's smarts.

....and Sunny's  maturity, and positivity, and sense of humor, her chickens, etc etc etc. 3 guesses who i dont mean lol

5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Amy Coney Barret scares the hell out of me...

Sarah is absolutely right in that elections matter especially local ones and we are seeing the results of this via this supreme court nominee..

Same here.  I am so worried to death about the ACA. I'm sorry if this is OT but I have a question out of ignorance i really need to ask.  I'm sorry ahead of time.  Ok here...now that POTUS is recovered, doesn't he now belong to that dreaded group, i am also in... the People With Preexisting conditions...bahbahbaahaah.  i say yes. No?

Ok abt todays show..i liked it too.  I enjoyed Sorkin, which surprised me becz Im not a big fan of his shows.  And then the passing of Conchetta Ferrall.  😥  a great character actress and she was in everything hehe

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Ok here...now that POTUS is recovered, doesn't he now belong to that dreaded group, i am also in... the People With Preexisting conditions...bahbahbaahaah.  i say yes. No?

Yup. 

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Aaron Sorkin is 59 yrs. old. How did he not know who the Chicago 7 were?  I'm 52 and was a toddler when the trial happened and I have known about them for years.

My little brother is 59 and certainly knows who they were.  I wondered if that was Borat in the promo and looked it up.  Yes, Sasha Baron Cohen plays Abbie Hoffman.  Had Sorkin never heard of Abbie Hoffman???  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

My little brother is 59 and certainly knows who they were.  I wondered if that was Borat in the promo and looked it up.  Yes, Sasha Baron Cohen plays Abbie Hoffman.  Had Sorkin never heard of Abbie Hoffman???  

OMG, that's who that was!  He was awesome in that clip.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Aaron Sorkin is 59 yrs. old. How did he not know who the Chicago 7 were?  I'm 52 and was a toddler when the trial happened and I have known about them for years.

Yes, I’m 61 and Canadian and knew all about that. I remember all the Vietnam demonstrations and all the American stuff (also a crisis in Canada of home grown FLQ terrorists in Quebec).  We lived near the Washington state border and Canadians have always been tuned in! My parents were also very interested......oh yeah....we also had draft dodgers who had come up so we’re aware of them too.  My Minnesota born great grandma didn’t like that!

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:18 AM, Axie said:

I'm not sure how Meghan escaped inheriting her mother or father's like ability factor.  She doesn't seem to be like either one of them.

Maybe it's sort of like that myth about how two ugly people equal a beautiful child or two beautiful people equal an ugly child. In this case, two halfway nice and/or likable people gave birth to a monster. Meghan practically has anti-charisma.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:54 AM, TheView said:

It was a refreshing show today 

It's been great all week. I haven't really commented because there was nothing to say except what a fun show. I've enjoyed having Ana on so much, Whitmer's visit, even Cindy McCain was alright. I laughed so hard when Steve accidentally edged into view of Joy's camera yesterday. I seriously thought a maid was dusting or something, lol.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I'm so disappointed in NBC.  I watch MSNBC all the time. I agree with Ana  they are totally giving in to him.

All you need to do is read Ronan Farrow's book to know what kind of people run NBC.

The media especially tv has become just awful.  They are trying to compete with online media and social media which is all about clicks and likes.  It is horrifying to watch because any truth is being lost among a seas of lies and misinformation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Maybe it's sort of like that myth about how two ugly people equals a beautiful child or two beautiful people equals an ugly child. In this case, two halfway nice and/or likable people equals a monster. Meghan practically has anti-charisma

Also brings up the whole nature vs nurture argument.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wonder why Sunny's feed hasn't looked as bright as the other ladies lately. Sunny is looking so shiny on my TV.

Edit: I think they fix it during the commercials, she isn't shiny anymore and it's brighter.

Edited by falltime
25 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

All you need to do is read Ronan Farrow's book to know what kind of people run NBC.

The media especially tv has become just awful.  They are trying to compete with online media and social media which is all about clicks and likes.  It is horrifying to watch because any truth is being lost among a seas of lies and misinformation.

The media has not learned from the error of their ways. It is very interesting to listen to foreign news about the USA.  You really get a nonpartisan perspective about things.. I miss Al-Jazeera TV...

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Someone told me they thought she looks like Amanda Knox..now that I’ve heard it, I kind of agree.  And I wish one of them had discussed the fact that she omitted of important info on her submission to the committee..essentially lied.  But I haven’t heard any of them address that.  

I thought she had a certain look too and now that you put a face to it (A Knox) that is definitely the image I saw too.  I lose patience when they skim an important topic but with all the commercials and the background of the panel I know I am expecting too much.

• Love 2

Oh Sara, stop reading from a script!  

Whoopi asks her a question and her answer is so rehearsed. Then Whoopi asks Joy a question and her answer is normal and she is talking to the panel.

I'm waiting for Sara to give the answer before Whoopi asks her a question!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yeah, I get it. I think because I love Nicole Wallace's show and she won't even show clips of you know who's lies because she says it's like  putting false info out there. I think she said she watches the rallies so we dont have to 😄. I feel let down by MSNBC but yeah it's a business .

Sunny was right if it had not been NBC it would have been another network and  I know this. I'm just used to avoiding Fox,  now, I'll be avoiding MSNBC tonight. 

I thought Ana's explanition about Latin men and Trump was pretty spot on. Of course  everyone is different, but I have a few male family members that like Trump and think he's funny and will vote for him interesting thing is  they are single and  misogynist. That might be more important than Latin. I also have plenty male family members who are Democrats (not super liberal,  like me 🙂) and will be happily be voting for Biden they can't stand Trump.  Idk if latin men are more misogynist than white or black men but I think hating women helps you enjoy Trump🤷🏽‍♀️

*I'm Mexican-American. 

Eta: sorry I sometimes think faster than I type and dont notice that I left something out lol. What I wanted to say about Ana assessment on latin men. Yes she was correct that my whole  life I heard that real men don't cry and emotions are very difficult for the men I knew growing up. So Biden's empathy and emotions I can see being awkward for some latin men. But like I said everyone's diffrent. I stand by my misogyny Trumps emotions with some men 😄😉

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Thank you Whoopie for saying what some of us have been thinking regarding a certain person's Covid diagnosis..

YES YES YES. I've been doubtful from the start. And it prob wouldn't be hard to convince those closest to you, that they also were sick 'you look a little pale', are you feeling achy?, you have a headache?'  It doesn't take much to plant the seed, even with the normal symptoms that could fit a thousand other things.  P.s. if he even wanted to go farther, he could have gotten anybody's already positive stick test, and then convince the wife that its true.  His 'personal doctor' over saw everything.  It would be easy to pull off a hoax.  I'm ashamed to think that way, but I'm not an idiot either.  Anyway the abv is only my opinion. I'm pretty sure this is on topic as both Whoopi and Joy talked about it.  PPS.  Just wanted to say i love the sister-hood with W and J.  They are there to keep each others back and they both do it.  Like today with Whoop trying to rein Joy in and not let her go too far off the deep end.  She's going to have to do that a lot in the coming days/weeks/month

• Love 11

I forgot to mention earlier that i also was a fan of Cindy McCain.  She was poised, professional, pleasant, and dare i say...funny.  they tell guys if you want to see your wife in the future, look towards the mom.  Weeeeeeeell not in this case lol.  Maybe the opposite if we are in retrograde. I think she was making a case for fill in spots if they are shorthanded.  I wonder if she would run for her husbands seat, ala Sonny Bono.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m just now starting to watch on my DVR and Ana looks beautiful. I follow her on FB and she is so lovely.  I know she’s gone out to have her hair colored but I’m thinking Joys daughter is probably doing hers which looks good too.  That’s it now for superficial observations.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

I forgot to mention earlier that i also was a fan of Cindy McCain.  She was poised, professional, pleasant, and dare i say...funny.  they tell guys if you want to see your wife in the future, look towards the mom.  Weeeeeeeell not in this case lol.  Maybe the opposite if we are in retrograde. I think she was making a case for fill in spots if they are shorthanded.  I wonder if she would run for her husbands seat, ala Sonny Bono.

I enjoyed her as well.  She has a nice Biden ad--should have shown it.  So unlike her daughter.  Mark kelly is running for John McCain's old seat now.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

I also enjoyed Cindy McCain. Maybe because she smiled and chuckled along with other ladies unlike her daughters who seems annoyed to be on the show. I will say I think CM came off better this time on TheView. I remember seeing her on years ago with JM and she came across very stepford wife, little cold. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m just now starting to watch on my DVR and Ana looks beautiful. I follow her on FB and she is so lovely.

I love it when she is on the show.  All the names are announced and I hear Meghan McCain and kinda feel sick and then they say Ana and I feel better.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I've been enjoying the show these past couple of weeks.  The ladies (as MeAgain likes to call them) seem so much more relaxed, particularly Whoopi.  Whoopi may not admit it, but it seems to me she is always waiting for the other shoe to drop when MeAgain is part of the show.  It's like walking on eggshells, you don't know what's going to set her off.  I think there is a true friendship between Whoopi and Joy and I think it bugs Meg.  Of course, Ana is just delightful and adds so much more than Mama MeAgain could ever offer.

Not looking forward to MeAgain's return which I have a feeling is coming sooner rather than later.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Hahah he's so funny!  And she hehe.  When all is said and done, and we are out of this crisis and back in the studio, or even not doesn't matter.  They should have a Best Co Vid Asst 2020 contest.  All the sig others that got a crash course in tech support in diff categories.  Someone can craft an award and sash.  They deserve it!  The unsung heroes!

I really enjoyed all Stephen Colbert's family members filling in as his crew, when he was working from home.

I think Cindy McCain has relaxed somewhat since her husband's death. I can't forget him calling her the c word...in public.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, carrps said:

I really enjoyed all Stephen Colbert's family members filling in as his crew, when he was working from home.

I think Cindy McCain has relaxed somewhat since her husband's death. I can't forget him calling her the c word...in public.

I know! I figure if your partner has a bad enough temper to call you a c*** in public, there is no telling what happens in private. She does look more relaxed and I enjoyed the show when she was there.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I've been enjoying the show these past couple of weeks.  The ladies (as MeAgain likes to call them) seem so much more relaxed, particularly Whoopi.  Whoopi may not admit it, but it seems to me she is always waiting for the other shoe to drop when MeAgain is part of the show.  It's like walking on eggshells, you don't know what's going to set her off.  I think there is a true friendship between Whoopi and Joy and I think it bugs Meg.  Of course, Ana is just delightful and adds so much more than Mama MeAgain could ever offer.

Not looking forward to MeAgain's return which I have a feeling is coming sooner rather than later.

Also, Sunny and Joy were at Ana's wedding, I think? Or was that Don Lemon's? Or both. 😁

Whoopi of late has been saying that she values what Sunny has to say, and today she said something like it's not great to start the show without Joy (when she was delayed), and Joy thanked her for that.

I think Whoopi's near death scare has made her more appreciative of the good and smart people in her life.

I love the Joy and Steve broadcasting mishaps. I live for this stuff! I loved when Joy said something about how we have no idea what goes on at her house just before the show is about to broadcast.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

If not the end of next week for her birthday, then definitely the week after (last week of October) to be ready for election coverage. She didn't suffer on for this show for the past three seasons just to miss the Presidential election ! NO way! Do you know how hard it is to be a republican on that show ? Of course we do - she reminds us every chance she gets.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

If not the end of next week for her birthday, then definitely the week after (last week of October) to be ready for election coverage. She didn't suffer on for this show for the past three seasons just to miss the Presidential election ! NO way! Do you know how hard it is to be a republican on that show ? Of course we do - she reminds us every chance she gets.

Edited by Bronzedog
Not worth posting.