Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E27: Power of Veto #11

• Start Topic

There's nothing funnier than Arbor Day boasting about being a comp beast RAAAWR!!1! and then losing to every single person who posted a time that wasn't a time-out. Unless you're talking about Enzo trying to hide his secret balding shame with various head coverings and instead, choosing the wrong one for the Veto comp so that his bald head was like a shining hairless beacon going back and forth. 

Fingers crossed for ON MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY (eve), part deux tomorrow. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7

“I’m a comp BEAST”.

Are you?  Are you really?  Shut up, you suck.

I never liked him before, but I am really starting to dislike Enzo a whole lot.  I cannot stand listening to him speak.

• Love 12

No way the idiot who didn't know Carolinian was a thing won that veto. Nope. Not on his own. I call BS. 

Um, Memphis, yep you sure would have been the replacement nom. 100%. You are bottom of that whatever alliance, dude. So start swimming cause your time is coming.

• Love 4

One of my pet peeves has always been people who watch a show then post, "Meh. Boring." Tonight I'm my own pet peeve. 

This is the most bored I've ever been by an episode. Is it the houguests? The distractions I'm dealing with? The painkillers I'm taking after getting my wisdom tooth pulled? (You'd think they would make the show LESS boring, but no.) 

I don't care who gets evicted. I don't care who wins. Okay, maybe it's the painkillers. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

That "comp beast" comment HAD to have been production-fed in order to cause the viewing audience to choke on their food. 👏 nicely played, production. Mission accomplished 👏.

Thankfully, they soon after provided a shot of shirtless Cody strutting down the hall. Dani and I appreciate it.

When Nicole is the smart one in the room...

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I'm sorry, maskless photos at a sports game no less, with no social distancing, is a really bad look for a show that claims to be all enlightened with its bubble and its "please put on your mask when exiting." And fans at a sports game, given all the positive cases in both baseball and football leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I don't care if I'm taking it too seriously, I'm tired of joking about it. 210,000 people are dead.

• Love 4

Watching this show used to be fun, now it just makes me cranky.  I suppose I could not watch, but I'd still be annoyed that I didn't have my show to watch, lol. 

Christmas pontificating about being a comp beast?  Irritating.  Tyler whining about Angela?  Irritating.  Cody planning world domination when he's barely had to lift a finger to progress in the game?  Irritating and Insulting.  Enzo yo'ing about his immense prowess for Big Brother playing?  Laughable and Irritating.  Nicole existing and still ragging on Janelle?  Punchable.  I guess Memphis wasn't shown too much because I don't have a current complaint, but he still sucks as a human being.

SEND THEM ALL HOME NOW.  END THE PAIN.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

How these people can not see that Cody is cake-walking his way to the final, I just don't know. Or they can see it but don't care ? There really is never any talk even about Cody being a nom. Not serious anyway. I guess win you win everything or one of you minions wins, the ones who are letting you skate, your name wouldn't come up. Enzo thinks he manipulating everything- boy is he in for a surprise. Pretty much all his alliance mates are playing him, letting him think he's got it going on. And even the lies he's telling Tyler, does he think Tyler won't see all that with the jury tapes ? It sounds like he thinks he won't ever find out. Not that it will matter, even if Enzo makes the final 2, he won't get any votes, least of all Tyler's.

Speaking of Tyler-- is that the worst he's ever done in a comp ? I know his mind isn't right this season, but he's not dumb and usually does pretty good on these type of comps. I didn't expect him to win this one, but I sure didn't think he'd time out on it, either ! That stunned me, to be honest.

I really don't want to see Cody win, but he's been in such control all season ( mainly because half the house let him be !), that if he wins, I can't say he doesn't deserve it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Enzo trying to hide his secret balding shame with various head coverings and instead, choosing the wrong one for the Veto comp so that his bald head was like a shining hairless beacon going back and forth. 

My husband said the head wrap looked like a foreskin. “He looks like a big running dick!” To be fair, that sentence could apply to pretty much all of them.

• LOL 20
2 hours ago, leocadia said:

Watching this show used to be fun, now it just makes me cranky.  I suppose I could not watch, but I'd still be annoyed that I didn't have my show to watch, lol. 

Agreed, and bravo to the rest of your post.

I'm way past bored at this point. I just scoff "predictable" at my teevee and roll my eyes once again.

Enzo, yo, dude you are everyone's +1 at the bottom of their alliance. You are setting up nothing but looking like a fool yo. Just accept the balding, it happens. Unless you're springing for hair restoration some time soon you need to let it go and stop hiding it as that's just making it worse yo.

• LOL 6

Honestly I can't hate Cody. People don't target Cody because he's too much of a threat in comps and wins too often to backdoor him. He's made friends with the right people and wins when he needs too. That's all I can ask for with a big brother player.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I'm sorry, maskless photos at a sports game no less, with no social distancing, is a really bad look for a show that claims to be all enlightened with its bubble and its "please put on your mask when exiting." And fans at a sports game, given all the positive cases in both baseball and football leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I don't care if I'm taking it too seriously, I'm tired of joking about it. 210,000 people are dead.

Wait, you know they weren’t actually at a game, or anywhere but the same house they’ve been in since they started.  Those are just fun photos they created for the power of veto challenge.  Believe me no one takes covid more seriously than I do, and I pray they Rest In Peace, but this is not that

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It was a photoshopped photo. It wasn't real and it wasn't promoting/making light of anything.

Yeah, it kind of was. We all want to pretend it's all "back to normal," and there are sports teams as we speak that are allowing thousands of fans at games. I know I'm in the minority and I don't care if it's photoshopped, if you want to make a big deal about modeling public health interventions (like "please put on your masks and stand six feet away from me"), you find a different way to do this Veto, I'm sorry.

Unmasked close gatherings of groups at sports games is happening now because people think it's fine, and this simply reinforces how normal it is. It was a bad look, and done in bad taste, that's my opinion. 210,000 people are dead, and some from doing exactly what was modeled in this Veto.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I don’t feel badly for Tyler or Christmas. You have to win to stay! 

Well, I kinda feel bad for Tyler. He's doing his part and winning to keep them safe. But then he can't play for HOH and it's up to Ms CompBeast to win and well, y'know the rest. 

I was shocked...SHOCKED...that he timed out of the veto comp.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

Yeah, it kind of was. We all want to pretend it's all "back to normal," and there are sports teams as we speak that are allowing thousands of fans at games. I know I'm in the minority and I don't care if it's photoshopped, if you want to make a big deal about modeling public health interventions (like "please put on your masks and stand six feet away from me"), you find a different way to do this Veto, I'm sorry.

Unmasked close gatherings of groups at sports games is happening now because people think it's fine, and this simply reinforces how normal it is. It was a bad look, and done in bad taste, that's my opinion. 210,000 people are dead, and some from doing exactly what was modeled in this Veto.

We all have our things I guess.

I'm not getting angry about pictures being created reflecting a different time than we are in now. It's not promoting or making light of anything. I don't see the need to put masks on people in fake photos. If it were a real photo taken in a stadium with real people post pandemic I would be all up in arms. None of that was happening. At the very least, we can create photos of human beings in a better world. I don't see anything wrong with that. To each their own.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

We all have our things I guess.

I'm not getting angry about pictures being created reflecting a different time than we are in now. It's not promoting or making light of anything. I don't see the need to put masks on people in fake photos. If it were a real photo taken in a stadium with real people post pandemic I would be all up in arms. None of that was happening. At the very least, we can create photos of human beings in a better world. I don't see anything wrong with that. To each their own.

I'll say this and then I'll stop: people are not taking the pandemic seriously. People are engaging in behavior like this as we speak. The show is talking out of both sides of their mouths by normalizing it, and then being all "put on your mask and social distance." They can't have it both ways.

There are plenty of people in this country who think this behavior is fine, and it makes the show look like a bunch of hypocrites to show this and then talk about public health and masks and "protect Julie Chen."

It's like advertising: most ads aren't designed so you immediately go out and buy the product. They're designed so you remember the product, so the next time you're shopping, you might buy it. The show is normalizing unmasked fans at a sporting event, when right now, there are people who think unmasked fans at a sporting event is okay. Is Big Brother going to make people go to a sporting event unmasked? No, but seeing those photos, it starts to look more "normal." A "better world," right?

And for people on the fence about public health interventions, seeing dangerous behavior modeled on a nationally televised show during a pandemic as "normal" ... maybe the next time they see it on TV, they're not as appalled. So, during a pandemic that's killed 210,000 people, the show can come up with a less risky idea for a Veto. Especially if we all have to stay 6 feet away from Julie Chen and wear our masks.

(Okay, I'm done now, I promise. If the news has taught us anything this past week, it's that even outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people aren't safe. Stay safe, I want to keep talking to you all on this wonderful board!)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Eolivet said:

if you want to make a big deal about modeling public health interventions (like "please put on your masks and stand six feet away from me"), you find a different way to do this Veto, I'm sorry.

Big Brother has made it clear that they do NOT care or they would make Julie wear a mask when interviewing.  The optics are already bad with this show.

Making one person who has quarantined wear a mask while they sit with Julie, BUT NOT HAVING JULIE WEAR ONE, is the dumbest thing ever.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yo, bro, like what are you talking about bro, like for real

8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Bro, that's what I'm sayin', yo. It is what it is. That's it, yo. That's it. 

Y’all keep that shit up, and I’m breaking out the pointy sticks.

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Yo. I got you, bro. 

No problem here bro, you know how it is bro, and what I'm about yo, it is what it is, you know, that's it, pointy sticks, and whatnot, do what you gotta do, bro, I'm out, yo, like I'm out.

• LOL 5
40 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Y’all keep that shit up, and I’m breaking out the pointy sticks.

Pointy sticks! That’s what I’m sayin yo! Bust out the pointy sticks already! Enough!! Right? That’s all I’m sayin! For real man though, that’s it! Pointy sticks yo, we got this.

• LOL 5
26 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Honestly, it's fun to be Enzo.

Right?! That’s what I’m sayin! 

Just now, Nashville said:

Yeah, every brain needs to be shut off and take a vacation from thought every now and then....

That’s it, yo.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Yo. I got you, bro. 

55 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Pointy sticks! That’s what I’m sayin yo! Bust out the pointy sticks already! Enough!! Right? That’s all I’m sayin! For real man though, that’s it! Pointy sticks yo, we got this.

3 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Right?! That’s what I’m sayin! 

That’s it, yo.

Y’all just a bunch of yo-yos.

• LOL 3

I can't be mad at or about Cody at this point. Sure, he came into the game in a good position, with everyone wanting to work with him, but he's done enough winning comps and has played decent socially. Nicole can GTFO, though. She hasn't done anything and is horrified that people want her out of the house. I hate it when the players are so insulted that other people are trying to win for themselves.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, springbarb said:

I can't be mad at or about Cody at this point. Sure, he came into the game in a good position, with everyone wanting to work with him, 

I didn't watch Cody's past season, or 99% of BB past seasons, so why is this?  Why does everyone want to work with him?  Is it because he's hot?  LOL.  Is that IT?!

• LOL 1

They all feel sorry for him because he threw away a half mil the last time he played (seriously, he totally did.  If I am remembering correctly, he won the final HOH and chose who to bring to the final two with him.  If he had chosen Victoria? Veronica? he would have won in a walk.  Instead he brought his ride or die and lost).

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, mojoween said:

They all feel sorry for him because he threw away a half mil the last time he played (seriously, he totally did.  If I am remembering correctly, he won the final HOH and chose who to bring to the final two with him.  If he had chosen Victoria? Veronica? he would have won in a walk.  Instead he brought his ride or die and lost).

Victoria, she of the "carried away by ravens" story. My phone tried to change that to Raven's, which would be even more hilarious. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I didn't watch Cody's past season, or 99% of BB past seasons, so why is this?  Why does everyone want to work with him?  Is it because he's hot?  LOL.  Is that IT?!

There's some speculation that Derrick (who went to the final two with Cody) helped set him up. Even without that, he and Nicole had played together before. Plus, he's young and athletic, so is probably going to do well at comps and is nice enough. Why wouldn't you want to work with that guy? Him scoring the first HOH put him in a good position, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

You guys I literally cannot even with the entire lot of you right now.

Dis-GUS-ting.

(It's amazing how easy it is to switch from Enzo to Rockstar.)

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Well, rumour is that if either Derrick or Cody had taken Veronica Virgina Vuvuzela Victoria to F2, the jury would have given Victoria the win out of spite. Whether that would have ended up being true, I don't know. I think it was Frankie or maybe Caleb that told them before he left that Victoria will walk away with half a million and they will work the jury to make sure that happens. A bitter jury voted against Dan because they didn't want to give him a second win despite earning it and instead gave it to a bottle of ketchup Ian. Paul lost in back to back seasons by one vote while wearing the same shirt. Anything is possible. 

Okay they only had that one data point out of two but I still like to mention the asshole cult leader losing whenever I can. It sparks joy.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I mean, they clearly just photoshopped their heads onto random bodies. That’s a really strange thing for you to be bothered by.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

I mean, they clearly just photoshopped their heads onto random bodies. 

No, those were the HGs heads on the correct HGs bodies. I could tell because of that scar or discolouration that Janelle has on her collarbone. Those were all pre-season promo pics that were taken at their individual Air BnBs. It was the hot dogs, beers, and mustard splats were badly Photoshopped. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1