Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

That body language is so awkward!

Mm-hm.  Just taking notes on the mannerisms. Kate is an unwitting beard. I ain't got nothing else to say.

ETA: Kate though. Maybe this sticks out to me because I just edited a depo where a woman said like 733 times in 45 minutes (yes, I checked) but girlfriend, please stop. My god that word. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Mm-hm.  Just taking notes on the mannerisms. Kate is an unwitting beard. I ain't got nothing else to say.

ETA: Kate though. Maybe this sticks out to me because I just edited a depo where a woman said like 733 times in 45 minutes (yes, I checked) but girlfriend, please stop. My god that word. 

I'm confused. Is "stop" the word you mean? Or is it "girlfriend"?

Whatever. 

Does anyone here think Kate will give up on Luke by the end of tonight's episode?  (I wish I did, but I don't...)

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I'm confused. Is "stop" the word you mean? Or is it "girlfriend"?

Whatever. 

Does anyone here think Kate will give up on Luke by the end of tonight's episode?  (I wish I did, but I don't...)

Like. Kate said it a few times in this preview. Probably nervous from bringing up the subject with him. I’ve noticed that when people are nervous or are lying, they fall into their verbal tics. Like drives me crazy. But not as much as “you know what I’m saying.”

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Like. Kate said it a few times in this preview. Probably nervous from bringing up the subject with him. I’ve noticed that when people are nervous or are lying, they fall into their verbal tics. Like drives me crazy. But not as much as “you know what I’m saying.”

lol. I think almost all of us have filler words that we use waaay to often as we speak.

Like is one of mine, although I don't use it as much as I used to...

• Love 3
On 1/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, atomic said:

Dave is actually dating a woman named Shelli, who was a contestant on Big Brother a few seasons back.

47583736_225743558315977_585593236044952

Shelli? As a big brother fan I would never put these two together. Shelli had a brief romance on the show with a younger hot athletic guy. She was very competetive in nature and after the show seemed to stay out of drama and focus on her career.  She made cute jewelry at fair prices and I bought a pair of earrings and she included a nice autograph and note for my daughter's friend who liked her on BB. 

I don't see this working out.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

lol. I think almost all of us have filler words that we use waaay to often as we speak.

Like is one of mine, although I don't use it as much as I used to...

In Philly you might hear “nah’mean” (know what I mean). A LOT!!!

• Love 5
On 10.1.2019 at 10:51 PM, discoprincessthe2 said:

Yes, they've been together for a while. I'm so happy for her! And compared to Nick, that guy looks so handsome! Of course looks are not the only thing that matters, Sonia especially has so much more going on for her with her huge and loving heart in addition to her amazing features, but I thought I'd mention it because the difference between this man and Nick is so striking. 

• Love 2

When one of the sweet, sincere participants here is treated badly, I always console myself that they'll be swamped with suitors afterwards. Judging by how many of them remain unattached, I should maybe rethink that. In fact, on Second Chances, the flaws and red flags in David Norton and Vanessa Nelson were highlighted in a way they hadn't been on the show.

The pairings that have worked so far* seem to be the ones in which the man follows the "happy wife" adage and basically goes along to get along. Doug, Anthony, and Bobby are cut from the same cloth as far as putting their wives' desires first (and being entranced by their looks). I'd even include Jason Carrion in there even though, in the end, he and Cortney were both unwilling to budge on where to live.

* Excluding Jepthe and Shawniece because she's basically a baby mama to him.

• Love 5

The tease for next week has AJ throwing a tantrum about doing the dopey homework and Stephanie sees a red flag....

AJ's outburst to the field producer..."Homework is to be done at "home" and not on the honeymoon...."

The shouting at someone doing their job, and asking him to do his... showed the mean talking, quick tempered side of him...always not good to show too soon in a relationship arranged marriage....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The tease for next week has AJ throwing a tantrum about doing the dopey homework and Stephanie sees a red flag....

AJ's outburst to the field producer..."Homework is to be done at "home" and not on the honeymoon...."

The shouting at someone doing their job, and asking him to do his... showed the mean talking, quick tempered side of him...always not good to show too soon in a relationship arranged marriage....

Or, if really him & not scripted BS, a good thing - she sees this side of him early & is aware of a potential issue that could affect her decision making (if they don't offer enough $$ to stay together for a year or so...).

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Yes, I'm sure we'll learn more details about that next week. 

For whatever it's worth, though, I'd be very annoyed at being asked to do "homework" during my honeymoon! Why can't they wait until the couples get home?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Yes, I'm sure we'll learn more details about that next week. 

For whatever it's worth, though, I'd be very annoyed at being asked to do "homework" during my honeymoon! Why can't they wait until the couples get home?

Wasn’t his outburst about not eating in a long time then gets up and brings something to eat ,or am I imagining that. Some people do get hangry. 

• Love 3

You are confusing the scenario of the upcoming season where they are at home, he is mad, wants to go out to eat, doesn't want to discuss it anymore on camera so he gets off the couch and out of the shot.

The tease for next week has AJ in a hammock still in Costa Rica arguing with the field producer about doing couples homework...

• Love 4

Couples’ homework is what “ the experts” assigns the cast to get to know their spouse, to facilitate communication, to forge a deeper relationship while being filmed.

The homework tries to get the cast to reveal what they think about sticky subjects you usually talk about after months dating... not the first week.

One example was...where was the most unusual place you had sex?

Another example was...when do you feel sexiest?

Yes, most are about sex...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Couples’ homework is what “ the experts” assigns the cast to get to know their spouse, to facilitate communication, to forge a deeper relationship while being filmed.

The homework tries to get the cast to reveal what they think about sticky subjects you usually talk about after months dating not the first week.

One example was...where was the most unusual place you had sex?

Another example was...when do you feel sexiest?

Yes, most are about sex...

Yes, and since these "couples" are just barely beginning to get to know each other (and still on their 'honeymoon') it's easy for me to see why some of them may feel very uncomfortable with "telling all" to international TV cameras about their sexual/romantic relationship! 

[Puke is the exception. Regardless of the subject, he always seems eager to talk about himself... while casting shade on Kate.]

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/married-at-first-sight-star-luke-cuccurullo-reveals-the-real-reason-why-he-didnt-want-kiss-kate-sisk-25218.php

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/married-at-first-sight-star-luke-cuccurullo-i-wasnt-cool-with-kissing-kate-sisk-i-wasnt-feeling-it-25208.php

Puke wasn't feeling a spark but was feeling his insides dying and a growing revulsion bubbling up....

Understandably, there is a lot of pressure to film the show but Puke's lack of honesty and candor except to rudely mistreat Kate is unacceptable.

Am curious if Blondie got a field report from Kate's crew and saw the raw footage shot of Puke mistreating Kate verbally...and will step in...

MAFS production should have learned their lessons from the way Sam treated Neil and Nick's behavior towards Sonia.

• Love 6
On 1/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, palmaire said:

The pairings that have worked so far* seem to be the ones in which the man follows the "happy wife" adage and basically goes along to get along. Doug, Anthony, and Bobby are cut from the same cloth as far as putting their wives' desires first (and being entranced by their looks). I'd even include Jason Carrion in there even though, in the end, he and Cortney were both unwilling to budge on where to live.

* Excluding Jepthe and Shawniece because she's basically a baby mama to him.

I’d have to agree with this. Those 3 guys were the ones who seemed the most willing to do stuff for their wives. 

• Love 4
On 1/19/2019 at 11:00 AM, humbleopinion said:

Sux. That's *way* worse than Shawniece and Jephte! 

Now I don't even want to watch the rest of the season...  but I probably will, at least on TEVO

[My bad. That's what I get for reading the title, getting PO'd, typing a couple of lines and walking away...!]

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
Correction
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

The only thing I take away from that picture is that he's hairy.  

I take away one more thing, based on comparison between the way he looked when/right after he married Kate, and the way he looked in the "Unfiltereds":  It appears that Luke is one of the few (supposedly "straight") men out there who use hair extensions. 

...And I only say that because, if it's a rug, it's a very expensive one.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Rug/no rug.  Straight/gay.  I really don't care, and I actually don't hate Luke, I'm just meh on him and Kate in general.

The only couple I'm kind of pulling for is Stephanie/AJ.  

Hate is a strong word. 

I like Stephanie/AJ too. Yes, AJ kind of reminds me of the guy who "turns into his dad" on those commercials... but so what? They seem happy with each other, and that's what really matters.

• Love 2