Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 2/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, humbleopinion said:

Puke is awkward socially and his speed dating events must run themselves since he has zero empathy and he lacks any finesse in the art of conversation...

Hope his side business and income has dried up as Philly women see how he treats his wife on this basic cable show....

In a future episode Puke runs an event and Kate pathetically sits at home waiting for him... wishing he would have spent the month anniversary with her instead of working...what a passive simp....

Kate could have gone along and had fun at the speed dating party...making conversation with the desperate singletons....and checking out better dudes than her turd of a spouse....

If Kate were to tag along to (another) one (of) Luke's speed dating events, then Luke would have to explain that he didn't get this wife as the result of a speed dating event. He may feel that wouldn't look good for his business. 😏

On another note, I'm still cackling at the tweet upthread where someone was asking Luke via text message, "Why are you lying like that on national TV?" 😂

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/02/married-at-first-sight-jasmine-will-fight-gender-roles-sneak-peek/

I want to eat fried chicken, potato salad and bundt cake at Aunt Susie's....

Jasmine asks her aunt to define man of the house. Husband? Isn’t that the definition dictated by the traditional gender roles she wants so badly? 

She wants things to be just as she wants them. How could Will be “the man” if he’s supposed to listen to her? She’s so backwards and stupid. #FreeWill

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, humbleopinion said:

Puke is awkward socially and his speed dating events must run themselves since he has zero empathy and he lacks any finesse in the art of conversation...

Hope his side business and income has dried up as Philly women see how he treats his wife on this basic cable show....

In a future episode Puke runs an event and Kate pathetically sits at home waiting for him... wishing he would have spent the month anniversary with her instead of working...what a passive simp....

Kate could have gone along and had fun at the speed dating party...making conversation with the desperate singletons....and checking out better dudes than her turd of a spouse....

I wonder whether one of Kate's friends who had popped up last week was the friend who had already attended Luke's speed dating event. She'd be able to give a review.

It's also interesting we haven't seen her friend elaborate on recognizing him from the speed dating event either. (Not even, "Wow! Small world, Kate!") It was apparent she had recognized Luke before Kate had.

48 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/02/married-at-first-sight-jasmine-will-fight-gender-roles-sneak-peek/

I want to eat fried chicken, potato salad and bundt cake at Aunt Susie's....

That bundt cake looked good.

16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I'm sure he "doesn't regret it". Puke was on TV, and potentially attractive women (and/or men, or whatever) saw him on TV. His face is familiar to them --like, he's almost famous

That gives Puke a leg up (pun absolutely intended!) on the competition for eligible mates, and I bet it's been a reeally big boost for his speed dating "side hustle". I mean, women probably show up at those things just to interrogate Luke about the show.   

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Are we allowed to talk about the preview for next week? The “aftershow”? I was only able to see a tiny bit of the aftershow where Dr. Pepper had them ratings themselves as husbands or wives. Kate rated herself a 6.5. And I think Luke rated himself a 7.5? I’m not sure but the issue quickly became why Kate rated herself so low. 

Luke acted as if he had no idea why she’d do that to herself. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://okmagazine.com/videos/married-at-first-sight-kate-lukes-mom-marriage-wont-last-video/

Puke's mom says Kate looks sad...what is sadder is the tablecloth top Kate is wearing....why is she wearing napery?

Puke's mommy knows her son is a douche and inflicting his douchery on Kate....

I think mama is a douche, too.  These are not warm and fuzzy people.  

I liked that both Kristine and the Pepper were blunt about this jerk's personality. Grateful that Kate took off the rose colored glasses for a brief moment and saw what he's been doing.  I'll be really disappointed if she gets to the end and says she wants to stay married to this ass.  

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is Luke's mother in on the scam Luke is playing on poor Kate!  It's all like a bad dream!

I didn't take it that way at all. I took it as a very compassionately-worded warning to Kate that it's not going to work out for her with Luke. She actually asked Kate what her "least" expectation would be from the MAFS... and seemed pleased that Kate responded she would want to remain friends with him.

And then she asked Kate if she felt she had done all she could, and Kate said yes. --The mom seemed pleased by that, too, because presumably she understands that if you've done all you can, you're less likely to blame yourself for a bad result and get all caught up in guilt and self-loathing. 

I think this was actually the most tedious, annoying episode I've ever seen of MAFS.

• Love 1

The audience is impatiently waiting for Kate to drop kick Puke out of their AirBnB....especially when confronted with the film clips, others’ impressions of how terrible and cruel Puke treats her but she has no limit on the humiliation she will take from her awful spouse.

Their segments have me grinding my teeth...have to put in my mouth guard to prevent bruxing......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Are we allowed to talk about the preview for next week? The “aftershow”? I was only able to see a tiny bit of the aftershow where Dr. Pepper had them ratings themselves as husbands or wives. Kate rated herself a 6.5. And I think Luke rated himself a 7.5? I’m not sure but the issue quickly became why Kate rated herself so low. 

Luke acted as if he had no idea why she’d do that to herself. 

I didn't see that but I did see the preview of Luke smirking while again claiming that Kate drinks so much but then she countered with how he had been so wasted the other night he couldn't come home.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

I didn't see that but I did see the preview of Luke smirking while again claiming that Kate drinks so much but then she countered with how he had been so wasted the other night he couldn't come home.  

Wait ‘til you see it. I thought at first they were rating their marriages but apparently it was themselves individually. I didn’t see what Will, AJ or Stephanie said. I only heard Jasmine say she knew she was doing okay but had room for improvement. Didn’t see her number. 

Keith rated himself an 8 and Kristine a 8.9. Lol

Then the disaster of Luke and Kate were last. Luke for real pretended not to know why she rated herself so low. He said he didn’t know why she thought so lowly of herself (I’m paraphrasing his words). Then they showed a clip of them at home and they were on the couch talking about it and she said something about how she said 6.5 because she’s doing her best but not seeing any improvement in the marriage. And then said, “It’s okay if I’m if just not doing it for you.” And his response was something like, “Don’t do that.” Said with his head tilted in fake empathy. 

The whole exercise/conversation was so...I can’t wait for y’all to see it. There’ll be no redemption arc for Luke.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I'm sure he "doesn't regret it". Puke was on TV, and potentially attractive women (and/or men, or whatever) saw him on TV. His face is familiar to them --like, he's almost famous

That gives Puke a leg up (pun absolutely intended!) on the competition for eligible mates, and I bet it's been a reeally big boost for his speed dating "side hustle". I mean, women probably show up at those things just to interrogate Luke about the show.   

Luke, as seen on Married at First Sight! (His own bride barely recognized him at the altar though.) 

6 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Wait ‘til you see it. I thought at first they were rating their marriages but apparently it was themselves individually. I didn’t see what Will, AJ or Stephanie said. I only heard Jasmine say she knew she was doing okay but had room for improvement. Didn’t see her number. 

Then the disaster of Luke and Kate were last. Luke for real pretended not to know why she rated herself so low. He said he didn’t know why she thought so lowly of herself (I’m paraphrasing his words). Then they showed a clip of them at home and they were on the couch talking about it and she said something about how she said 6.5 because she’s doing her best but not seeing any improvement in the marriage. And then said, “It’s okay if I’m if just not doing it for you.” And his response was something like, “Don’t do that.” Said with his head tilted in fake empathy. 

The whole exercise/conversation was so...I can’t wait for y’all to see it. There’ll be no redemption arc for Luke.

Keith apparently graded himself on a curve. LOL

That description of Luke and Kate...wow. 

Did they have the spouses rate themselves in other seasons (excluding Happily Ever After)?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Let's set the table for those who didn't see the First Look last night after another overdone wedding...this one was on a baseball field in a ballroom tent with 30 chandeliers.....

Pepper hosted  a couples' dinner with the infamous note cards as just desserts....pun intended.

She asked each spouse to RATE THEMSELVES AS A SPOUSE on a ten point scale....

Poor Poor Pitiful Kate rated herself a 6.5...this forced Puke to show some feigned sympathy towards her....the eye rolling of the others was edited out....

Puke gave himself a 7.5 because he peeked at Kate's card and he had to give himself a higher score, natch......

On a side note...Jazzy's right boob sat on the table...The waiter brought it a place setting...Jas needs to keep her gals tucked in....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Luke is so vile. I wanted to scream at the tv last night when Dr. Pepper was finally acknowledging that he was scum. Those things should have been said to his face. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Poor Poor Pitiful Kate rated herself a 6.5...this forced Puke to show some feigned sympathy towards her....the eye rolling of the others' was edited out...

5 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke is so vile. I wanted to scream at the tv last night when Dr. Pepper was finally acknowledging that he was scum. Those things should have been said to his face. 

That’s the thing. Kate looked so so sad and Luke was acting as if he was genuinely confused about her rating. I honestly thought she was about to start crying. And this jackass was sitting there like, nooo. You’re doing great. Why do you feel that way about yourself

It was soooo fake. Almost like another form of gaslighting. 

• Love 5

I wonder if Kristine and Dr Pepper went to hard on Puke on the Unfiltered BECAUSE Kate said fuck it and left? Even Kate didn’t play nice and make excuses. We know there is more to come that would push a “regular” woman (ie not under contract) to blow up, turn the table over, and throw shoes at him. We have time! (Fingers, toes, eyes crossed)

• Love 4
On 2/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, humbleopinion said:

Luke has such a smug mug that I want to punch him. I joke about people having a punchable face but I honestly feel like I want to punch him. In the picture linked above his face makes me grit my teeth and my skin crawl. What a puke. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I didn't take it that way at all. I took it as a very compassionately-worded warning to Kate that it's not going to work out for her with Luke. She actually asked Kate what her "least" expectation would be from the MAFS... and seemed pleased that Kate responded she would want to remain friends with him.

And then she asked Kate if she felt she had done all she could, and Kate said yes. --The mom seemed pleased by that, too, because presumably she understands that if you've done all you can, you're less likely to blame yourself for a bad result and get all caught up in guilt and self-loathing. 

I think this was actually the most tedious, annoying episode I've ever seen of MAFS.

I disagree.  It was to me like mom knew Luke going in didn't want to be married to Kate or anybody else.  She was sympathetic to Kate over what never was going to be no matter how hard any bride tried with Luke!

I'm beginning to believe the rumors that Luke might be gay and mom knows it!

• Love 3

Puke's Ke$ha inspired Mom doing her fake best to insert herself into his mockery....the rotten apple doesn't fall far from the flimflam tree.....

On a side note: Puke's mom kept her low hanging fruit inside her shirt at lunch and  her gals didn't get dragged through the main course.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kate addressed the drinking accusations and the accusations that she pressured Luke in an interview. She admits to drinking more than normal but never says how much it was.  I tend to think if it was as extreme as Luke tried to claim, the producers would have had way more footage to use against her. She also makes clear that Luke was being dishonest in saying that she pressured him to do anything intimate. She is careful in her word choice but makes it clear that she felt that Luke was attacking her and it was not something she was ok with. She obviously can't say that they have split up but the way she says things heavily imply that they have. I also wonder if she decided to start her lingerie business with her friend because she worried about Luke's attacks affecting her career. 

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/02/19/exclusive-married-at-first-sight-star-kate-sisk-talks-about-her-husband-luke-cuccurullos-treatment-of-her-i-felt-bullied/

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 6

Kate could have heavily implied non verbally that she is free of Puke by being happy, cheerful, bubbly wearing flattering clothes in all her interviews since the filming ended...

Portray herself as confident, excited for her new business, animated... the opposite of her Poor Poor Pitiful Kate Persona.

Mia tried to redeem herself after filming through her unlocked SM but the audience lost interest and moved on.....

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Kate could have heavily implied non verbally that she is free of Puke by being happy, cheerful, bubbly wearing flattering clothes in all her interviews since the filming ended...

Portray herself as confident, excited for her new business, animated... the opposite of her Poor Poor Pitiful Kate Persona.

Mia tried to redeem herself after filming through her unlocked SM but the audience lost interest and moved on.....

Unfiltered films not long after filming wraps and before they have the chance to see themselves on tv.   

• Love 3
On 2/19/2019 at 12:58 PM, humbleopinion said:

This article gives me slightly more hope about Jasmine and Will. If they both own homes that are far apart and are used to certain routines like both like hanging out with friends on the weekend, I can see being thrown in a random airbnb a stressful issue. Unlike Keith and Kristine who are lucky to have a free place to stay for 8 weeks instead of bunking with the parents or grandma. I can't imagine that Jasmine and Will don't go back and check on their homes , still have to do some upkeep and have a hard time with jobs and filming and get to know each other. I now 100% think they will say together and at least give it a try in the real world without the cameras for awhile. Do I think they are a great match no, but I also do not think Jamie and Doug are and they are still together.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

The article says Luke felt pressured to have sex so does that mean they did?? I’d regret that FOREVER if I was Kate. Ugh. 

That's the accusation Kate was defending herself against, apparently. 

Luke bought Kate 3 bottles of wine, then complained to the producers that she was drinking them and he thought she had a "drinking problem". But Kate and the 'experts' caught him in that lie and called BS. 

I'm guessing the whole "pressed for sex" complaint is the same... Man and wife are lying in bed, cuddling. He has no shirt on and she's in nightwear. She stares into his eyes, smiling (and yes, probably hoping to see attraction instead of repulsion on his face). I'm sure that's why 'Poor Luke' feels he's being "pressured to have sex".

...If he didn't want a wife, he shouldn't have signed up for MAFS!  

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

The article says Luke felt pressured to have sex so does that mean they did?? I’d regret that FOREVER if I was Kate. Ugh. 

I feel like if they had, at least at the weeks of marriage that have aired so far, Kate would have said something about it because she has been pretty candid about things when doing her confessionals with the producer. So probably not.

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I feel like if they had, at least at the weeks of marriage that have aired so far, Kate would have said something about it because she has been pretty candid about things when doing her confessionals with the producer. So probably not.

For her sake, I’d hope not but I wonder why the word used was sex and not kissing or intimacy. Maybe it’s just how it was written. 

I wonder what else Luke has done/said to her and if we’ll ever know all of it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

That's the accusation Kate was defending herself against, apparently. 

Luke bought Kate 3 bottles of wine, then complained to the producers that she was drinking them and he thought she had a "drinking problem". But Kate and the 'experts' caught him in that lie and called BS. 

I'm guessing the whole "pressed for sex" complaint is the same... Man and wife are lying in bed, cuddling. He has no shirt on and she's in nightwear. She stares into his eyes, smiling (and yes, probably hoping to see attraction instead of repulsion on his face). I'm sure that's why 'Poor Luke' feels he's being "pressured to have sex".

...If he didn't want a wife, he shouldn't have signed up for MAFS!  

12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Hmmm...during the Chicago season we didn't see the producers or the experts mention anything about Danielle complaining about Cody pressuring her for sex, even though he made comments about not getting any quite frequently. Claiming that your (stranger) spouse is pressuring you to have sex is a serious accusation. 

49 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

For her sake, I’d hope not but I wonder why the word used was sex and not kissing or intimacy. Maybe it’s just how it was written. 

I wonder what else Luke has done/said to her and if we’ll ever know all of it. 

Maybe an anonymous source close to the situation can spill the beans...like someone told on Molly/Jon situation (without mentioning names) before the infamous footage from the second honeymoon had aired. 

• Love 2

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-spoilers-kate-sisk-luke-reaching-breaking-point/

Puke is the absolute worst...he is the microbial scum under the stuff under the bottom of the barrel...no offense to actual microbial scum....

His simpering whimpering to Kate...You know this bothers me...I am trying so much.....the editing is done with a dull machete...the producers are very heavy handed...get ready to be as manipulated as Kate....

• Love 2

I hate the way Luke looks at Kate so condescendingly.  It’s like he thinks he’s a 9 and she’s a 4 and that it should be obvious to her that he’s way out of her league so he doesn’t need to try to be the least bit pleasant.  What he doesn’t get is that looks wise he is a 4 and personality wise he’s a 1.  He’s one of the biggest dipshits this show has ever had - and that is no small feat.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-spoilers-kate-sisk-luke-reaching-breaking-point/

Puke is the absolute worst...he is the microbial scum under the stuff under the bottom of the barrel...no offense to actual microbial scum....

His simpering whimpering to Kate...You know this bothers me...I am trying so much.....the editing is done with a dull machete...the producers are very heavy handed...get ready to be as manipulated as Kate....

He said, “it bothers me...that you drink so much.” That’s why her response was about him being wasted. He’s a hypocrite. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

I hate the way Luke looks at Kate so condescendingly.  It’s like he thinks he’s a 9 and she’s a 4 and that it should be obvious to her that he’s way out of her league so he doesn’t need to try to be the least bit pleasant.  What he doesn’t get is that looks wise he is a 4 and personality wise he’s a 1.  He’s one of the biggest dipshits this show has ever had - and that is no small feat.

44 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

He said, “it bothers me...that you drink so much.” That’s why her response was about him being wasted. He’s a hypocrite. 

I can sympathize with someone being matched up with someone they are not attracted to, but the way Luke has tried to paint Kate as having some horrible drinking problem to justify his own horrible behavior is one of the most repulsive things I have ever seen on reality tv.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I wonder whether it's about Dr. Jessica and Jon.

I saw this too. My guess is maybe the Dodds had their baby.

Luke is using the drinking too much thing as an excuse for his behavior. I honestly think he just went on this show to promote his business and become a social media star.

• Love 4

If Puke's business model  and SM claim to fame  was to be hated on Twitterland for being a douche, seen mistreating his wife by speaking ill of her (accusing her of being an alcoholic) behind her back to the production crew and producers,  filmed fueling her over drinking by buying her 3 bottles wine as a gift, and by insulting her in the most personal and hurtful way...saying her kiss repulsed him and made him feel dead inside...then he nailed it...

Good job, Puke....what an asshat.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

If Puke's business model  and SM claim to fame  was to be hated on Twitterland for being a douche, seen mistreating his wife by speaking ill of her (accusing her of being an alcoholic) behind her back to the production crew and producers,  filmed fueling her over drinking by buying her 3 bottles wine as a gift, and by insulting her in the most personal and hurtful way...saying her kiss repulsed him and made him feel dead inside...then he nailed it...

Good job, Puke....what an asshat.

Totally agree! If he is doing this to promote himself he is completely delusional if he thinks his behavior on this show is going to do him any favors. He is a disgusting human being, and that seems to be what EVERYONE thinks. I have not seen a single person either on these forums or social media that is taking his side even a little. It's ironic that he was the one to use the words "repulsed and dead inside" because it seems to be the reaction most have towards him........

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

If he [Luke is] doing this to promote himself he is completely delusional if he thinks his behavior on this show is going to do him any favors. He is a disgusting human being, and that seems to be what EVERYONE thinks. I have not seen a single person either on these forums or social media that is taking his side even a little. It's ironic that he was the one to use the words "repulsed and dead inside" because it seems to be the reaction most have towards him........

Puke is a 'hipster' geek and doesn't understand that. He sees Kate as a representation of the Blonde, Blue-eyed, Brainless "girl next door" type who only wants to be a traditional housewife. 

I despise Puke, myself, but I understand this. He wants to be with a non-caucasian, non-traditional woman who has nothing but contempt for women like Kate.

• Love 1

Puke is a 'hipster' geek and doesn't understand that. He sees Kate as a representation of the Blonde, Blue-eyed, Brainless "girl next door" type who only wants to be a traditional housewife. 

he is completely delusional if he thinks his behavior on this show is going to do him any favors. He is a disgusting human being, and that seems to be what EVERYONE thinks. I have not seen a single person either on these forums or social media that is taking his side even a little.

I don't really understand how much time there is between when the series is filmed and when it airs. But it's entirely possible that Luke thought he would come off as a sympathetic, long-suffering guy just looking for love while they were filming. That alone would make him delusional but it's not like he had real-time feedback from viewers while they were filming (I don't think).

but I understand this. He wants to be with a non-caucasian, non-traditional woman who has nothing but contempt for women like Kate.

I can understand Luke not being attracted to Kate but I don't understand contempt for her or her "type." She seems perfectly nice and polite. She is gainfully employed (as far as we know) and before this show, was able to support herself, maintain a social life and pursue hobbies she found interesting. What's to be contemptuous of?

• Love 7