Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 3/30/2019 at 9:41 AM, aphroditewitch said:

They weren't a bad match so I don't blame the experts for this not working out because no one can predict how they are going to feel about their relationship four-five years into the future. 

I agree. Despite the divorce, I would still call them a successful match. I would also put Lily and Tom in there as well. I consider it successful if the couple legitimately stays together after the show. Both of those couples fell in love. I don’t blame the show because they didn’t work out down the road. That happens in real life all the time with people who weren’t married at first sight.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I didn’t watch any of this season. It came off as a train wreck from the very beginning. They just need to stop trying because they have how many successful marriages and how many divorces?

And in other news:

Mia Bally is engaged and doing another reality show.

Per her IG stories, she’s engaged and doing a reality show about her engagement. Good luck to the groom if it’s true.

?! He must not have watched the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

?! He must not have watched the show.

I initially thought it was an April Fool's Day joke, but someone else said she IS dating someone new. If true, he must not have watched the show. Is the divorce from Tristan even final? I know they just filed in what--September? 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I initially thought it was an April Fool's Day joke, but someone else said she IS dating someone new. If true, he must not have watched the show. Is the divorce from Tristan even final? I know they just filed in what--September? 

Or the guy is just like Mia. If the reality show part is true, then my guess is they are very similar people. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure how this show is any different than the Bachelor.  The premise is to work out some unorthodox pairings, whether by selection or computer program or whatever, and see if anything sticks.

Seems to me this series is in, what, its third or fourth year.  The Bachelor is in mid-twenties for its number of seasons, combining the series where either a guy or a gal is the 'lead'.  And how many legit marriages have there been in the multiple years it's been on?  I think we might just barely need a second hand for the number of fingers of successful marriages that have come from that.

What it says to me is that there are a whole lot of different ways to start and nurture a relationship, but none really beats good old fashion courtship, unless one is interested in a career in reality TV.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

I didn’t watch any of this season. It came off as a train wreck from the very beginning. They just need to stop trying because they have how many successful marriages and how many divorces?

And in other news:

Mia Bally is engaged and doing another reality show.

Per her IG stories, she’s engaged and doing a reality show about her engagement. Good luck to the groom if it’s true.

Maybe a reality show in her mind? 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, b2H said:

I'm not sure how this show is any different than the Bachelor.  The premise is to work out some unorthodox pairings, whether by selection or computer program or whatever, and see if anything sticks.

Seems to me this series is in, what, its third or fourth year.  The Bachelor is in mid-twenties for its number of seasons, combining the series where either a guy or a gal is the 'lead'.  And how many legit marriages have there been in the multiple years it's been on?  I think we might just barely need a second hand for the number of fingers of successful marriages that have come from that.

What it says to me is that there are a whole lot of different ways to start and nurture a relationship, but none really beats good old fashion courtship, unless one is interested in a career in reality TV.

This is the eighth season and the show premiered in 2014.

The big difference is that the Bachelor doesn't try to pretend there is any "matchmaking science" behind who they cast. But at the same time the producers behind the Bachelor have also been more upfront about their misogyny. Creator and Producer Mike Fleiss has even said that he doesn't want to cast any woman without a bikini ready body.  Former producer Elan Gale has a history of misogynistic behavior as well. 

MAFS is misogynist too but the producers haven't been so verbal about it. Instead we see the constant digs at women with careers having misgivings about men who don't seem to be career motivated. Of course both shows push the narrative about how women might end up alone. 

Honestly I'm not sure most people go on these shows hoping for a lasting relationship. I think most want to be on tv and getting a romantic relationship is an extra bonus. The show has created several lasting friendships and that started happening even before they started to introduce the cast during their season. The season 2 women didn't meet until after filming ended and are became good friends in the aftermath. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I've been reading all season that multiple people have seen these two together. I hope that AJ just received a crappy edit or that he went to anger management with some positive results. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I've been reading all season that multiple people have seen these two together. I hope that AJ just received a crappy edit or that he went to anger management with some positive results. 

I'd be very surprised if they split up - actually, I think that's the only outcome of the four couples that would truly surprise me. Stephanie wants to be married too badly to let this go, and AJ is never! Eating! Alone! Again! 

I could see the other three couples going either way. Jasmine and Will and Kate and Luke SHOULD divorce, but I could see them sticking it out. I think Luke wants to appear like a good dude on TV and Kate is ... kind of a mess, and I could see her trying to convince herself that this is worth staying in.

Kristine seems like she's on the fence - I think Keith will want to stay, but I could see Kristine going either way.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'd be very surprised if they split up - actually, I think that's the only outcome of the four couples that would truly surprise me. Stephanie wants to be married too badly to let this go, and AJ is never! Eating! Alone! Again! 

I could see the other three couples going either way. Jasmine and Will and Kate and Luke SHOULD divorce, but I could see them sticking it out. I think Luke wants to appear like a good dude on TV and Kate is ... kind of a mess, and I could see her trying to convince herself that this is worth staying in.

Kristine seems like she's on the fence - I think Keith will want to stay, but I could see Kristine going either way.

While I agree that Stephanie wants to be married, I don't feel she would stay with AJ  for too long if his behavior is that bad. She has ended past relationships because those boyfriends cheated, I don't think she is willing to put up with being unhappy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

While I agree that Stephanie wants to be married, I don't feel she would stay with AJ  for too long if his behavior is that bad. She has ended past relationships because those boyfriends cheated, I don't think she is willing to put up with being unhappy. 

Then again, she may think that as long as he doesn't cheat, it'll be okay...  if kids aren't the main motivation she'll be able to think clearer in making her decision at some point in the future.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Lets say AJ behavior is 50% filming stress and 50% him in real life. Steph seems to have a full life, working out, job that she has to travel for sometimes, friends and family, AJ has his business. It is not like they are going to spend 24/7 together. She might be okay with him being fussy once in a while or tell him to blow off his steam when she is at work. They might find a way to make it work that way? I also do not think Steph will make a real commitment, like having a child or buying a home with him until she is 100% sure. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Did anyone else see the clip for this week's decision day where Pastor Cal says something like, "I always fight for marriage. But, in this case, I do not." I am sure it is taken out of context, but maybe when Kate and Luke say they will stay married, as we have speculated, he actually tries to talk them out of it?

When I saw that clip, I thought it was probably a couple other than Luke and Kate because that would be the obvious one that we'd think he was speaking to. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Then again, she may think that as long as he doesn't cheat, it'll be okay...  if kids aren't the main motivation she'll be able to think clearer in making her decision at some point in the future.

Or like I wrote in the post comparing the show to the Bachelor, MAFS likes to play into the tired trope of women being afraid to be alone.  The show has never been above making women look desperate.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Or like I wrote in the post comparing the show to the Bachelor, MAFS likes to play into the tired trope of women being afraid to be alone.  The show has never been above making women look desperate.

I don't watch the Bachelor; have actually never seen it. But yes this has absolutely been the case with MAFS. I would hope it's not true for her, or even Kate.

• Love 2
Just now, gonecrackers said:

I don't watch the Bachelor; have actually never seen it. But yes this has absolutely been the case with MAFS. I would hope it's not true for her, or even Kate.

I don't watch the Bachelor either but I have read some social commentary about it and it seems bad.

• Love 1

Yes, Steph seems to have a busy, full life, as mentioned above. But, if she wants to share it with AJ and he does not want to participate in any of the things she does (watching football, working out), I just hope that she is strong enough to continue doing them for HERself and not caving to give him what he wants just to keep the peace, at her own expense. 

As far as the Pastor Cal clip, what other couple would he be trying to talk out of staying together? The fact that any of them accept what a mess they made with Kate and Luke would be surprising enough and I can't imagine what other couple he would not want to encourage to stay married.

30 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

As far as the Pastor Cal clip, what other couple would he be trying to talk out of staying together? The fact that any of them accept what a mess they made with Kate and Luke would be surprising enough and I can't imagine what other couple he would not want to encourage to stay married.

I don't think he is trying to talk a couple out of staying together. I took his comment as agreeing with the reasons why a couple is splitting. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I don't think he is trying to talk a couple out of staying together. I took his comment as agreeing with the reasons why a couple is splitting. 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said too above.

11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think the kind of annoying behavior AJ exhibits is the kind of stuff that wears on a person but it takes a lot of time before they reach their breaking point with it.  And Stephanie seems to really want to look beyond it so it may take a few years before she reaches a crisis point with it.  And maybe if the gods are good AJ may grow up a little bit in the meantime too.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Well, if AJ received a crappy edit, then let's consider...😉

16 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Lets say AJ behavior is 50% filming stress and 50% him in real life. Steph seems to have a full life, working out, job that she has to travel for sometimes, friends and family, AJ has his business. It is not like they are going to spend 24/7 together. She might be okay with him being fussy once in a while or tell him to blow off his steam when she is at work. They might find a way to make it work that way? I also do not think Steph will make a real commitment, like having a child or buying a home with him until she is 100% sure. 

They're definitely not going to spend 24/7 together. Steph's going to have her space when she goes to the gym, probably when she takes trips for work...

She may turn out to be the AJ whisperer. We'll see.

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Didn't Pastor Cal lobby hard for Will and Jasmine to be included on the show as the fourth couple? I think what he says ("I think you're missing a lot") is being said to them.

I wonder if AJ will give Stephanie shit the first time she misses dinner and he has to eat alone. He's so odd.

• Love 3

Hmmm... I just can't see Will agreeing to staying married. Maybe, just to see what things are like w/o filming, but it seems like he's sleeping his way through the weeks waiting for this to end. I think Jasmine will want to keep going, but then again she's starting to catch on he's not into her, so maybe she'll let go.

With Kate & Luke I see either an agreement, or Luke wanting to stay together just for show & Kate finally pulling the plug.

Either way, I'm glad it's just an hour tonight. My cut off for reality TV annoyance is 10pm.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

A group picture from the reunion leaked weeks ago and was posted on Reddit. Kate and Luke were the only couple not standing next to each other. 

Oh, yes. I think MAFS Fan had also tweeted this (spoiler) earlier in the season. 

• Useful 1

I can't with the MAFS Fan account on Instagram and twitter. They are far too obsessed with Cortney and Jason.  I'm ok with gathering info from what is posted on social media, but she has started contacting people connected with them so that she can spill tea about their split and I feel that is crossing a line. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2019 at 2:49 PM, configdotsys said:

I think this is all a lot of what Judge Judy calls "puffing." I am just not buying that Keith has nursing or medical school in his future. I think he completed a certificate program to be a dialysis technician and may be pursuing other areas (radiology tech, etc.) that pay more money or perhaps have hours that work better with his new married status-- if they stay married.

I'm with you. He's always struck me as a slacker. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

IF true.  I have doubts, but we will see how it plays out.

The thing that gives me pause is the hot mike part. There was already a hot mike situation during season 2 when Scary Ryan, threatened to kill Jessica. Would the same show get something that explosive from a hot mike during the reunion episode in particular? I don't know.  But something that both Luke and Ryan have in common is that both were very arrogant and thought that no one would pick up on how they were abusive creeps. Arrogance can lead to a hot mike reveal, see Robert Durst. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Some interesting gossip over on Reddit. Very interesting if it is true. 

Someone over on the Reddit sub (r/MarriedatFirstSight) tried to put the kebosh on any speculation that Luke (or AJ) was gay in the beginning of the season, so I'm not surprised that the post was deleted from the sub.

Meanwhile, I love Twitter. Here is a selection of tweets. 😉

Did Luke's mom know something Kate (and the rest of us) didn't know? 🤔

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Someone over on that Reddit sub tried to put the kebosh on any speculation that Luke (or AJ) was gay in the beginning of the season, so I'm not surprised that the post was deleted from the sub.

Meanwhile, I love Twitter. Here is a selection of tweets. 😉

Did Luke's mom know something Kate (and the rest of us) didn't know? 🤔

There are two reddit subs for MAFS. The MAFS_TV one is decidedly the better of the two. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Hmmm...Could this be the receipts to which Kate was alluding? 🤔

That just means you are with the other person while posting. My sister and niece often post they are with me when we go out to eat or somewhere else.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

That just means you are with the other person while posting. My sister and niece often post they are with me when we go out to eat or somewhere else.

The rest of the picture says  "in a relationship with Luke [last name]" though. I know on FB one can tag oneself as being with (as in hanging out with) other FB users, but how does that translate to being "in a relationship with..."? 🤔

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Sorry, I can’t see anything at the bottom of that post on my phone. Still think Luke is just messing with people and/or being a pretentious jerk.

Probs but I still think he’s gay and/or has some issues with sex. Very strange that he would ask her for sex (according to her) and then run off to be alone afterwards. That’s not normal. Not necessarily gay but not normal in any case. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Sorry, I can’t see anything at the bottom of that post on my phone. Still think Luke is just messing with people and/or being a pretentious jerk.

It is from several years ago though. So whatever it is predates his experience with MAFS.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Probs but I still think he’s gay and/or has some issues with sex. Very strange that he would ask her for sex (according to her) and then run off to be alone afterwards. That’s not normal. Not necessarily gay but not normal in any case. 

You, me and a couple of others have not let go of the belief that Luke is either gay or bisexual since the beginning of the season.  After 60 years and practically growing up in Greenwich Village, my gaydar is bulletproof.  Just sayin'.  I agree that his behavior is not necessarily gay, but I still tend to think he is either a little bit gay or full on gay anyway.  And even if so, his behavior with Kate would still not be normal and no reflection on his gayness whatsoever.  He is just a really fucked up example of a person who might happen to be gay.  Because after all, a well adjusted gay person would never go on this show in the first place for selfish reasons and put a poor woman through this kind of abuse.  A well adjusted bisexual person also wouldn't go on the show if they only found exotic looking women attractive - too risky that you wouldn't find the woman attractive.  Unless Luke insisted that he be matched with one and the experts didn't listen.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Dialysis tech is not a slacker job. It's hard work and an honest living.

I have had kidney issues and I agree Dialysis tech is a tough job, I would say the hardest part can be emotional since you see the same people week after week , sometimes for years for hours at a time and then some pass away. It is a very under paid job. It is an honest living but sadly in a major city it is barely a livable wage. However with a year more training a nurse can easily make a good wage and even work in the same area (Dialysis).  If Keith could just finish that nursing degree.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This!

8 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I have had kidney issues and I agree Dialysis tech is a tough job, I would say the hardest part can be emotional since you see the same people week after week , sometimes for years for hours at a time and then some pass away. It is a very under paid job. However with a year more training a nurse can easily make a good wage and even work in the same area (Dialysis).  If Keith could just finish that nursing degree.

I, too, have wondered how Keith didn't get further in medicine and was still living with Grandma. My guess: he probably spent years wasting his life and/or trying to make sense of his dad and why he didn't really have one. That situation is toxic, and getting that Dialysis Tech job was probably a major achievement for him, regardless of the salary and the hours.

Keith does have goals, however, and with a woman like Krystine by his side (if she stays) he could achieve reasonable ones.

Wanting to be a Dr. probably isn't reasonable, especially since he wants kids... Doctors end up in debt up to their ears before they even have an M.D.!!  ...But there are paths in pretty much every big city that make it possible for hard-working students to get nursing degrees, and even advanced nursing degrees, while working a full-time job

It just isn't easy.

• Love 4