Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 4: September 13, 2020-September 19, 2020

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Listen, I can understand Aaron settling for Mackenzie to stay on the show, but to give a heartfelt speech about choosing her?! Come on! No one fell for that! Did he not realize he had the option of going for someone else even if she were already chosen and hoping she’d agree to go with him over the other guy? Well, maybe he realized he didn’t have that leverage to swoop anyone away. But you know Mackenzie is already picking out wedding dresses because he’s “leading her on” by proclaiming his deep admiration of her. I guess good news is that he can just ignore her for a day and then let her “break up with him” in an attempt to get him to chase after her like Jalen did. Which, by the way, was masterful of Jalen to just be like, nope, I’m not falling prey to your machinations! Poor Connor still didn’t quite know how to avoid Mack’s clutches without Carrington and Moira physically pulling him away from her.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Did he not realize he had the option of going for someone else even if she were already chosen and hoping she’d agree to go with him over the other guy? Well, maybe he realized he didn’t have that leverage to swoop anyone away.

No once the coupling is made, its made.  You can only steal in the first episode.  That's why the picking order is always set by producers for maximum drama.   Aaron was always going to be the odd man out as the producers wanted Jalen/Calvin going up against each other over Kirsten and Connor having to choose from Moira/Mackenzie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Moira dressed up as Sandy from "Grease" for the recoupling ceremony.

I seriously have no idea who the fuck Faith is?

I'm reading this and thinking the same thing! Who is she and when did BSB dump her? Did I miss an episode??

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Listen, I can understand Aaron settling for Mackenzie to stay on the show, but to give a heartfelt speech about choosing her?! Come on! No one fell for that! Did he not realize he had the option of going for someone else even if she were already chosen and hoping she’d agree to go with him over the other guy? Well, maybe he realized he didn’t have that leverage to swoop anyone away. But you know Mackenzie is already picking out wedding dresses because he’s “leading her on” by proclaiming his deep admiration of her. I guess good news is that he can just ignore her for a day and then let her “break up with him” in an attempt to get him to chase after her like Jalen did. Which, by the way, was masterful of Jalen to just be like, nope, I’m not falling prey to your machinations! Poor Connor still didn’t quite know how to avoid Mack’s clutches without Carrington and Moira physically pulling him away from her.

I think the speech is a production mandated thing.

It really irrationally irritates me that in profile Mackenzie's lower lip sticks out.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Court said:

I'm reading this and thinking the same thing! Who is she and when did BSB dump her? Did I miss an episode??

I had to look her up, too. She was one of the girls at Casa Amor. The brunette pageant girl. BSB talked to her originally and then moved on to Sher. I’m not sure BSB dumped her, as they were never a couple and I’m not really sure if they did anything

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I had to look her up, too. She was one of the girls at Casa Amor. The brunette pageant girl. BSB talked to her originally and then moved on to Sher. I’m not sure BSB dumped her, as they were never a couple and I’m not really sure if they did anything

She was often in the background and not shown.  She did say in her interview, which was really interesting by the way, that part of the issue is that the conversations mainly only take place when the cameras are around.  So if they are filming at the villa, there is nothing going on at casa amor.  She said she had talked to him some over the first few days and then there was only one day left and it was too late to move on to someone else.  They might not have shown much of their conversations since he was with someone else in the end, is my guess.  

She also said it took a while to get the guys to even participate in the process, and that Carrington was the main one at first talking to them and being nice to them.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, alexa said:

She was often in the background and not shown.  She did say in her interview, which was really interesting by the way, that part of the issue is that the conversations mainly only take place when the cameras are around.  So if they are filming at the villa, there is nothing going on at casa amor.  She said she had talked to him some over the first few days and then there was only one day left and it was too late to move on to someone else.  They might not have shown much of their conversations since he was with someone else in the end, is my guess.  

She also said it took a while to get the guys to even participate in the process, and that Carrington was the main one at first talking to them and being nice to them.  

And that Caleb was by far the best and most interesting of the guys. She called out BSB as being really full of himself, which we’ve seen, but this was also coming from the woman who says she wanted to couple up with him and then he ditched her for Sher. Really interesting behind the scenes interview, though she definitely played the whole “I’m super real and down to earth but everyone else on the show is fake” card. So be careful in what you believe. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

And that Caleb was by far the best and most interesting of the guys. She called out BSB as being really full of himself, which we’ve seen, but this was also coming from the woman who says she wanted to couple up with him and then he ditched her for Sher. Really interesting behind the scenes interview, though she definitely played the whole “I’m super real and down to earth but everyone else on the show is fake” card. So be careful in what you believe. 

Given how these shows work, I feel like pretty much everything she said made sense.  I mean, you go into the show having no idea what is going on, you gamble, try to get to know someone, and it doesn't work out.  She said nice things about Mercades even, as she got to know her later--so I think she is just going on her gut feelings from the few days she was there.  I didn't think there was anything controversial in her interview or surprising.  And the fact that they didn't show her much at all tells me that she probably is down to earth--they tend to show the people that get more attention (such as Mercades) on shows like these--and ignore those that are less controversial.  I don't think her content was something that if you believe it, that it is overly concerning, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, alexa said:

Given how these shows work, I feel like pretty much everything she said made sense.  I mean, you go into the show having no idea what is going on, you gamble, try to get to know someone, and it doesn't work out.  She said nice things about Mercades even, as she got to know her later--so I think she is just going on her gut feelings from the few days she was there.  I didn't think there was anything controversial in her interview or surprising.  And the fact that they didn't show her much at all tells me that she probably is down to earth--they tend to show the people that get more attention (such as Mercades) on shows like these--and ignore those that are less controversial.  I don't think her content was something that if you believe it, that it is overly concerning, in my opinion. 

I didn’t mean to suggest what she said was controversial or anything, just to take it with a grain of salt. It’s her view of the show and I imagine each person will have his/her slightly different view. That’s all. Still thought it was an interesting interview. Wish there were more of them!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I didn’t mean to suggest what she said was controversial or anything, just to take it with a grain of salt. It’s her view of the show and I imagine each person will have his/her slightly different view. That’s all. Still thought it was an interesting interview. Wish there were more of them!

Agreed.  It is interesting hearing the inside scoop.  I had hoped there were more also.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

They did kiss at least once, but we didn't see it. Caleb and Calvin were talking by the pool and Caleb said he saw them kissing under the waterfall and something like, "looking good!" But Calvin said it looked better than it was and that there was no spark between the two of them. That was the conversation where Caleb encouraged Calvin to get to know Sher, since although Caleb had been sharing a bed with her, he was planning on going back to Justine.

The only other thing I remember about Faith was that early on she said she had the best hair of all the girls so she was going to go after (Carrington? Calvin?) because he had the best hair of all the boys. So she seemed like a real deep thinker.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Calvin is a player and the smoothest one of the lot because you wouldn't have guessed he is one until after some time. 

I'm glad Aaron said those nice things about Mackenzie during the recoupling speech. He didn't have to but it was nice of him to do it after Mackenzie's ego has taken a hit. Goodness, I still have a soft spot for Mackenzie even though she's such a whiny brat.

Carrington has been making the episodes with his one liners. "Do you guys want to play charades?"

• Love 3

At this point, what are people hoping for? I think Mackenzie drama is done or at least neutralized, seems like most couples are in good places and about as well matched as to be expected. I don’t see the new guys doing much damage, except maybe try for Sher or Kierstan. Moira is too shell shocked to try ANOTHER guy, Justine and Cely see dollar signs, and Mackenzie is radioactive. 

Glad that the Irish law firm is over but, now we have to watch Mackenzie give dagger eyes at Moira.

I voted for Justine and Caleb.

I feel bad for Aaron because he seems like a nice guy and I feel like he deserves to be there but, I think that America(and Canada) are through with Mackenzie. I would be very surprised if they didn’t get booted out of Villa tonight.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

Calvin is a player and the smoothest one of the lot because you wouldn't have guessed he is one until after some time. 

Oh? My impression from the beginning was that he didn't have a sincere bone in his body. He has a cute smile but he learned at some point that it made girls melt and he now deploys it constantly and inappropriately. It's not only transparently fake, it's annoying.

• Love 4

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I think Mackenzie drama is done or at least neutralized, 

"Oh ye have such little faith Stan, the proverbial leopard changeth not its spots"   LOL

depositphotos_27381837-stock-illustratio

Edited by aqusdealer
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

"Oh ye have such little faith Stan, the proverbial leopard changeth not its spots"   LOL

depositphotos_27381837-stock-illustratio

Oh, I have no doubt she’s still the same miserable wreck I just don’t know who she’ll have to spar with now that everybody is over her and just trying to avoid her. It’s like the old proverb, “If a manipulative liar cries fake tears in the villa but there’s no one around to care, does it really matter?”

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Oh, I have no doubt she’s still the same miserable wreck I just don’t know who she’ll have to spar with now that everybody is over her and just trying to avoid her. It’s like the old proverb, “If a manipulative liar cries fake tears in the villa but there’s no one around to care, does it really matter?”

LOL.  The new "boys" will be fair game, yes?

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

At this point, what are people hoping for?

Thanks for asking! Since the air quality in Vegas has been bad the last few days I hope they acknowledge that and have an intellectual debate about climate change, how it will inevitably effect their generation and spend the afternoon writing letters to their elected representatives and the energy CEOs. 🌎☮️

Knowing that won't happen...

I don't think any of these new guys are lookers. There's Not Leo Dicaprio, Not Clark Kent and The Sky Is the Limit tattoo guy with the pube beard who doesn't even seem to have an Instagram. (Dude, reality TV uR doing it Wrong). 

I hope Moira and Connor go on a date. And Mackenzie needs to be put out of her misery and leave the Villa, so she can get a jump start on some intensive therapy. But the show loves her drama so I doubt they'll allow that, and if it happens it won't be on a Thursday night. I have a feeling that Jalen and Sher will be out. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, weightyghost said:

Good.... lord. Not everything is about you. Not everything is so mean and so hurtful. Anytime someone tries to explain the other side, she just cries. I don't understand how she can have fans let alone friends

Her fans are easy to explain. She most likely built up a following on Instagram with bikini pics. She doesn’t have to talk or interact with people on that. Nobody knows what her personality was before this and now they just blindly follow her. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Amy Beth said:

Everyone but the producers is happy. Now they have to get the true Mercades story to Cely. Can’t have happy couples.

They asked for everyone's thoughts on Twitter yesterday so i'm hoping the twitter challenge is coming.  If they want to, they can really savage Johnny.

Be interesting to see what these three new guys blab

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Really digging Justine and Caleb. Love their conversation about Michael B Jordan and Rihanna. I thought that was cute and real and I wish they’d show more moments like that instead of some of these generic talks people have. 

Edited by Stan39
Autocorrect
  • Love 7

I feel sorry for Moira’s future husband. 

“I don’t know. I’m having feelings for that other guy. I think we should end things.”
“The waiter?“

“He was really nice. And asked me good questions and complimented me.”

”Yeah. He asked for your order, smiled, and is doing his job.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Y'all are cracking me up.

So glad Mackenzie is gone.

It's early, but I agree that Kierstan traded up.

I'm loving that Not!Johnny and Caleb are stirring shit up. Cely deserves to learn the truth, and I hope it happens soon, but I doubt it because the show is gonna milk this for all the drama possible.

• Like 1
  • Love 3