Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 4: September 13, 2020-September 19, 2020

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I've started to watch an older season of the UK version and it's shockingly how much more real and less annoying those contestants are, even after only 5 episodes that I've watched. 

Carrington was an asshole for that move

I found it strange that they gasped that Calvin brought another girl.... after Moira chose someone else? Like did they want him to be alone and Moira to get both? 

Edited by weightyghost
  • Love 9

Sher looks miserable. Lol

Not really sure what Kierstan expected to happen. That relationship was clearly done. 

Not sure why the girls gave BSB the stink eye for coming in with Sher after Moira recouple. I’m not a fan of the guy but did they just want him single and alone?

Gotta admit. The guys looks are hilarious. Knowing what happened and what’s about to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I'm going to  miss the potential of Mercades of being in the main villa with Cely & Johnny.

And Mackenzie is going to love Connor and Jalen fighting over her but I wouldn't be surprised if Jalen makes a move on Sher.  Or Sher on Jalen.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

I don’t know how the OG guys can stand being around Mackenzie at this point. I don’t think any of them liked her to begin with, but they liked Connor so they were willing to put up with her. If I’m Caleb, Johnny, BSB, or Carrington I’m just freezing her out the rest of the time. It’s not like she brings anything to the table as a friend, anyway. 

• Love 11

Good for Cely on calling Johnny out on his lies at the recoupling.

Be interesting if she asks any of the guys and Sher/Laurel for more information.

Oh, he def left out the loooong kiss after the challenge was over on day 2.   Idiot.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I feel like the whole point of the season was justifying Justine’s inevitable win. After that recoupling with Caleb I feel like we should just declare them the winners and ban everyone else from our eyeballs for the next ten years. 

• Love 8

That’s actually a great show idea. The winners get money. Everybody else is banned from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TV, radio, podcasts...

2 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Can't decide if Caleb really is that nice of a guy or seeing the potential to win the money??!

What, why is Moira is having a meltdown!?!?

I think Caleb is a good dude. Plus, as we all noted, CA wasn’t all that tempting. Once things with Sher fell apart he probably just decided Justine was his best match. 

• Love 5

This has been one of the craziest episodes of a reality show I have seen ever.  They really dropped the bomb with this one.  LOL.  

Caleb is CRACKING ME UP being the psychologist to all of the guys.

And I totally see why Justine is such a favourite.  Well, my own reasoning is that she's beautiful and I love the way she cares for the people on the show.  I swear she was going to lose her mind when she found out Mack dumped Connor and Connor was coming back alone. 

• Love 4

Oh so... Moira is mad that Calvin didnt stay single so she could try for both of them because she didn't know what she wanted... and that is Calvin's fault... these woman are terrible. Love that Mackenize is still blaming Connor for the guys not liking her and understanding that her breaking up with him hurt her as well, despite macking on her new guy in front of him.

Caleb is that good I think - he's been tearing up a number of times, the guys seem to like him. I'd be fine with him and Justine winning. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

I wonder if Moira is freaking out cause Sher is sooooo different from her, in looks and personality!?!   Or did she think Calvin would stay "loyal"?  Or is she just crazy?

I’d vote for option C. She definitely has crazy eyes. You can’t trust a woman with crazy eyes. 

Haha. Mackenzie has Stage 5 clinger radar

• Love 3

Cely is the only one with a legitimate beef. Kierstan being upset her ex still wants to be her ex is bananas. And Moira saying it’s not fair she doesn’t get two guys to test drive until she figures out what she wants is bizarre. And then there’s whatever lie of the moment Mackenzie is throwing out there to manipulate people. 

God I hope Jalen starts going for Kierstan!!!

• Love 9

Yay, Jalen is my new favorite!   Hope he and Kiersten can take it to the next level.   

Time to let North America vote again and so we can send them out on some pointless date.  Well besides making Mackenzie's head explode.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

Yay, Jalen is my new favorite!   Hope he and Kiersten can take it to the next level.   

Time to let North America vote again and so we can send them out on some pointless date.  Well besides making Mackenzie's head explode.

The look on Mackenzie’s face when he didn’t just agree with her and give her what she asked for. Lol. Like a 2-year-old being told no. 

I also love that he’ll be straight up and honest with her. He doesn’t even need to go on the date, if he wants to go for Kierstan he’ll just do it in front of her. And, honestly, I’m not sure why anyone who’s watched the show would pick Big Mack over Kierstan. 

What I don’t understand is why Aaron seems confused about things. He liked both Moira and Kierstan in the villa until Moira called dibs. Seems like he should also pursue things with her. 

2 minutes ago, Amy Beth said:

Mack was this close to some self-awareness, but of course Moira helped steer her in the wrong direction.

Yeah, what was that? Her expression said she knew exactly what the problem was, but then she just became her enabler? Sometimes your friends are your worst critics, because they won’t criticize you. 

• Love 5

C&K

So I guess after all that speculation, Kierstan really is that obsessed with Carrington.  I don't get it.  I think she's too good for him.   (I guess Jalen agrees).

I don't understand what Carrington is doing. Stop telling Kierstan you love her?  It's so manipulative.  And then he tells everyone on the island that it was never going to work with her.  

C&M&J

Mack's Torture Project moves from Connor to Jalen.

Connor is so beautiful siiiiiiiiiiIIIIIGiigigghghghghghghhghg.

Moira is really good at being diplomatic, when Jalen was obviously trying to trap her into siding with him.

Is everyone else having fun seeing somebody (Jalen) show a backbone with Mack?

Jalen's shocking assertiveness and self-confidence was kind of breathtaking.  LOL. 
Jalen:  "No, I'm fine with everything I'm doing and I really like myself." 
Mack:  😲

I still don't really understand what happened with Mack and Connor.  Why did Mack decide to bail?  It's honestly confusing.  I'm glad she did because maybe one day Connor can find happiness, but it all just kind of happened out of nowhere.

THE REST

I like that so many guys (I guess except Carrington?) are so good at being forthright and voicing their feelings.  They're very "touchy feely" especially the new guys, and I mean that in a good way.

I hate how Aaron always wears that headband and now Cely has started.  Not my style.  LOL.

Two songs I really really really like were used tonight, "Someone You Love" by Lewis Capaldi and "Say So" by Doja Cat.  I really recommend both. "Dangerous Woman" by Ariana Grande was also used.

14 hours ago, weightyghost said:

I am shocked that after all the tonguing Mercades did, she didn't make into the villa. 

Weird that the show would not give us the satisfaction of seeing her being dumped?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

So I went to watch my recording and it didn't start until 30 minutes in. I had the end of Big Brother, ugh. I need a recap!

Also, after watching the end of the Saturday recap, I realized the was some dude named Mike there too. Jalen and Aaron are the ones that seemed to get all the attention. 

I don't know why Kierstan didn't just pick one of the new guys. 

Edited by Court
3 minutes ago, Court said:

So I went to watch my recording and it didn't start until 30 minutes in. I had the end of Big Brother, ugh. I need a recap!

Moira recoupled with Aaron, really excitedly, without doing the big prepared speech thing.  Arielle was caught off guard.
Then Arielle brought in BSB, who had Sher on his arm.  All the original women were shocked.

Justine opted to go alone, to be with Caleb.  Caleb came down the stairs alone to be with Justine.

Kiersten opted to go alone, to be with Carrington.  Carrington came down the stairs alone, but then beckoned Laurel to join him. 

Cely opted to go alone, to be with Johnny.  Johnny came back to join Cely.  It was pretty romantic.

Mack made a big speech about how great her time with Connor was, but then said that she was really growing with somebody new and had to end things with Connor.  She coupled with Jalen.  Connor came back alone, with Gus, Mack's stuffed monkey toy, or whatever.  Mack was totally shocked and seemed to feel badly.  Justine looked like she was going to throw up.

Johnny indicated to Cely that they needed to speak later.

• Useful 1

What song was playing while Johnny was walking in during the decoupling? 

Carrington's look when Johnny said all he did was think about Cely. It said everything. Actually, his and Johnny's facial expression at Mack were everything too. The OG guys need to shun her. 

How is that the most attractive new guys didn't get any attention at all? 

Jalen is not attractive but he does have a great smile. I like his personality. 

• Love 4

Didn’t Johnny and the guys say if they went back to the villa and Big Mack had recoupled that they were going to tell her to her face she was a hypocrite? Surprised that didn’t happen. I know a lot of stuff happened that first night back, and Connor may have told them not to do it. Still, it would have been nice for somebody to call her out. And she just can’t get out of her own way. She seems dead set on ruining things with Jalen and going even more mental. 

• Love 3
Just now, Stan39 said:

Didn’t Johnny and the guys say if they went back to the villa and Big Mack had recoupled that they were going to tell her to her face she was a hypocrite? Surprised that didn’t happen. I know a lot of stuff happened that first night back, and Connor may have told them not to do it. Still, it would have been nice for somebody to call her out. And she just can’t get out of her own way. She seems dead set on ruining things with Jalen and going even more mental. 

They did! Why is she so shocked he came back alone???

• Love 1

Jalen and MacKenzie look like they could be related from some camera angles.

During the recouping I kept thinking that Cely and Justine should forget these stupid "boys" and just choose each other. I like their friendship.

• Love 3

My response to Mack would be a short and to the point. "Here's your bear, bitch."

I was so happy to see the dazed look on her face when Jalen refused to supplicate himself at her feet awaiting her next instructions on how to act. Also we got to the root of the issue here, Mack has a "love tank" that empties out like a colander and needs constant refilling or things go south.

I hope Jalen does strike things up with Kiersten, they are obviously more compatible than he and Mackenzie are.

I'd like to point out that Johnny did, in fact, go with the "but she meant nothing to me!" approach. Get used to that one Cely. Or better yet, leave while you still have your dignity (and haven't watched the footage of him and Merkadeese play tonsil hockey when you get home).

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 8

Okay so I've only watched through the recouping but I have some thoughts:

Moira & Aaron - this is about as exciting as a stale bag of marshmallows. Wow, handstands are what made you want to couple up? Wow. I have no words. That's like me saying, the way that someone slowly puts together a jigsaw puzzle turns me on. (I would never say that because I haven't given up the will to live).

Calvin & Sher - Not surprised. Also do not care. Carry on charisma-free coupling. 

Keirstan - standing solo in her serious business emo turtleneck. Yikes, girl. We knew this was going to happen. Did she not see the uncomfortable look in his eyes during their shower shenanigans? He's just not into your soaping technique. 

Carrington and smush face Laurel - kind of a dick move appearing to come in alone and then beckoning Southern Shrill down the stairs. I am pleasantly surprised that he didn't fall for Mercades stripper siren song. 

Justine & Caleb - predictable. These two have all the chemistry of spackle, so don't really care.

Johnny and Celi - again not surprised (these two are in it to win it). We'll see how cool she is when she hears about Johnny's foray into the Red Shoe Diaries with Mercades. 

Mackenzie and Jalen - well we knew that the Irish Law Firm was dissolving after we saw Mackenzie interviewing her newest associate with her tongue. Jalen seems pretty well-adjusted so we'll see if this is good or bad gameplay on his part. I still loathe Mackenzie, and cannot wait to keep trolling her on behalf of America. 

Connor - not shocked that he'd be standing out there alone (can he at least get custody of the bear)? I'm glad he's single because that boy has some major issues and needs to get out of his toxic situation with Mackenzie. I don't have a lot of hope for his future on the rooftop but at least he can leave without getting his bunny boiled. He needs a LOT of therapy and I hope that he gets it (no snark). 

Gawd, Mackenzie can't help herself. Don't tell people how to feel. He can feel what he wants, and you can feel like the trash monster you are.

I really, really hope that Johnny makes good on his promise to go off on Mackenzie because we need some fireworks. 

Okay, I'll be back with more thoughts after hour two. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Court said:

What song was playing while Johnny was walking in during the decoupling? 

Seems like the list was added to Tunefind.

https://www.tunefind.com/show/love-island-us/season-2/100763

I downloaded the app "Shazam" onto my phone, it's an amazing app that listens to songs and tells you the title.  It probably works 80% of the time.  For me, it's been life changing.  LOL.  I would do it for you, but I've deleted the episode.

Oh, also wanted to mention, I said how Sher reminds me of Brenda from Survivor Nicaragua.  Her whole no-nonsense attitude with Calvin about Moira is TOTALLY how Brenda would respond, as well. Pretty funny.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Back for part two of my thoughts on tonight's episode. I clearly have a LOT to say about this mess.

I like that Connor has such supportive group of guy friends but dude get your head out of your ass. Another poster mentioned it, but I don't think any of the guys like Mackenzie either. They should just blow her manipulative ass off. 

Also, shut up, Mackenzie. I have zero tolerance for people that play the victim. Yeah, you're right, breaking up is the best for the both of you, but don't kid yourself about the role that you played in the toxic mess that was your phony relationship. Why was she so upset about the guys being unfair to Jalen? Did I miss a mean girl snubbing?

I feel badly for Kierstan. I thought she was a total game-player so I was surprised that she liked Carrington that much.His appeal continues to baffle me.  BUT, they broke up and he was pretty clear they wanted different things. Grand gestures work in rom-coms not in cheap ass reality shows. 

Way to downplay things, Johnny! You are aware that Celi is gonna find out what really happened, right? This is reality TV and you're on camera, bro. That makeout session in front of everyone looked like an audition for a softcore film (I'm sure that's why Mercades was right at home). I do like that Celi said "don't put that all on her." Mercades may have been aggressive but Johnny acted like he was on spring break with her. I hate when guys pull that shit. You're not powerless, you just let your dick think for you. 

I will never understand how people get so invested in "relationships" in these reality shows. It's not cheating because this isn't the real world, and you're not dating. You're essentially swapping Covid germs and undercover handjobs for cash money.

Wait, is Moira crying because she realized that Aaron has a stupid chipmunk face? I don't even know what to say other than maybe get Moira a cookie and a nap.

Does Sher even want to be there with Calvin? She just seems over it. 

Aaron's headband cracks me up. It's so 1980s, "I like Kara-TAY!"

Can we all take a minute to imagine what would happen if we'd been able to keep Kaitlynn, Lauren and Rachel - interesting, level-headed women who knew what they wanted. It's 2020, the year we can't have nice things. 

Oooh Jalen not wanting to nail his balls to the wall for Mackenzie's insatiable need for soul-crushing control is going to be fun to watch. I'll bet imaginary money he couples up next with Kierstan or a new girl. 

Are Caleb and Jalen going to have competing therapy practices? People that should not practice therapy, Moira. Ol' confused cry baby is only enabling Mackenzie's leaky love tank analogy and staggering lack of self-awareness.

I wonder if Colin Robinson from What We Do In the Shadows is available to be on this show? I think he'd be a great match for fellow emotional vampire Mackenzie. 

Wait, are Celi and Johnny "making up" all over the girls dressing room? People apply their eye makeup in there!. I hope there is a clean up crew with a working blacklight to clean up after them or Pink Eye breakouts are going to be a concern. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Man, the guys just haaaaaate Mackenzie. I wonder what we don't see that has created that festering ball of hatred. Jalen is way too stable to last long with her.

I felt for Moira who has admitted she feels nothing for Aaron and wonders what is wrong with herself because of that. She needs to spend a year or two guy free.

• Love 3