Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 4: September 13, 2020-September 19, 2020

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, mertensia said:

I felt for Moira who has admitted she feels nothing for Aaron and wonders what is wrong with herself because of that. She needs to spend a year or two guy free.

Word. We've seen since the beginning all it takes is someone to say one nice thing to her and she's all in. Moira just comes off as naive (and a little bit dumb). Some single time finding herself would probably do her a world of good.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, weightyghost said:

I've started to watch an older season of the UK version and it's shockingly how much more real and less annoying those contestants are, even after only 5 episodes that I've watched. 

Carrington was an asshole for that move

I found it strange that they gasped that Calvin brought another girl.... after Moira chose someone else? Like did they want him to be alone and Moira to get both? 

Enjoy! The UK version is so much better. And not just because the contestants seem somewhat normal. The show itself is more interesting with more twists and changes to try and mix things up. I also feel like there’s more fan interaction in other versions. There’s more voting on favorite couples, but they also break down the fourth wall a bit more to reveal how the UK sees each contestant. 

I wish they would do more of that on this version. We’ve seen Big Mack flip out twice already because she’s inferred America doesn’t like her. Imagine what she would do to hear what someone on Twitter thinks of her? Or finding out “who’s most manipulative in the villa?” Rankings. 

Maybe Carrington is really well-endowed? Not sure why every girl wants him. At this point, for Kierstan at least, I really do think it’s a case of wanting what you can’t have. She’s probably never had a guy reject her the way Carrington did. Not saying she’s never been dumped, necessarily, but just not the way Carrington did it. He’s just not into her. He could clearly have her if he wanted, he just doesn’t. I still don’t see standing there alone as the “grand gesture” she does, but we’ve all done stupid things that we rationalize at the time. 

Sher is gorgeous but seems to have zero personality and can only speak in monotone. I thought it was BSB but we saw it with Justine, too. 

I had hoped Cely would have kept Johnny at a distance a bit longer until he started listening to her rather than just making it all about what he was going through. But, she probably senses the end of the season and that they need to make a push for the money. 

• Love 2

The minute Mackenzie saw Jalen talking to Kiersten she swept in and kissed Jalen.  I was waiting for her to keep draping herself over Jalen to show her possessiveness.  But Jalen got away and found Kiersten again.  He is more work than Conner was.  

My hope is that they bring more women in.  Conner can hook up with one.  Jalen can decide on Kiersten.  Then they do a recoupling and Mackenzie is left standing alone and sent home.  Who will she blame that on?

I found the conversation between Justine and Sher interesting.  I don't think Justine really liked what she heard.  Sher mentioned she still did like Caleb.  

I was surprised Cely didn't take the opportunity to quiz the new girls in the makeup room.  She must wonder what they thought of Mercades. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

The minute Mackenzie saw Jalen talking to Kiersten she swept in and kissed Jalen.  I was waiting for her to keep draping herself over Jalen to show her possessiveness.  But Jalen got away and found Kiersten again.  He is more work than Conner was.  

My hope is that they bring more women in.  Conner can hook up with one.  Jalen can decide on Kiersten.  Then they do a recoupling and Mackenzie is left standing alone and sent home.  Who will she blame that on?

I found the conversation between Justine and Sher interesting.  I don't think Justine really liked what she heard.  Sher mentioned she still did like Caleb.  

I was surprised Cely didn't take the opportunity to quiz the new girls in the makeup room.  She must wonder what they thought of Mercades. 

Connor should just go home. The boy is afraid of his shadow and I think he should just leave and seek therapy. He’s not ready to be in another relationship in the villa. Moira should probably leave, too, but I can’t help but think after last night’s meltdown the show has a “Prince Charming “ to come in at the last minute and swoop her off her feet. It won’t last, but these shows like the perception of happiness 

As for Mack, I want another fan vote of some kind. I’d like her to see America still hates her (not the guy she’s with.) It won’t change her worldview or anything, but it would be nice to see after all the times she dumped on Connor. I also hope Jalen recouples with Kierstan and Mack flips out, because I don’t know who’s left in the villa that is still willing to put up with her besides Moira. Maybe Aaron? The OG guys are done with her. The new girls watched the show and wanted Connor to move on, so they have no interest in her. Justine and Cely are probably over her petty nonsense. If Mack cuts off Kierstan that leaves her with just Moira in the villa. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

At this point, for Kierstan at least, I really do think it’s a case of wanting what you can’t have. She’s probably never had a guy reject her the way Carrington did. Not saying she’s never been dumped, necessarily, but just not the way Carrington did it. He’s just not into her. He could clearly have her if he wanted, he just doesn’t. I still don’t see standing there alone as the “grand gesture” she does, but we’ve all done stupid things that we rationalize at the time. 

With the exception of the solid couples, I don't see how it behooves anyone to enter the villa single, or remain single, as in Kierstan's situation.    Yes, she made a statement, but who cares, least of all, Carrington.   Maybe I am missing part of the strategy . . . . 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Oh, definitely, that conversation with Sher did not go as Justine would have liked.  At least she armed herself with the knowledge that Sher may still try to make a play for Caleb.  Knowledge is power, right?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

With the exception of the solid couples, I don't see how it behooves anyone to enter the villa single, or remain single, as in Kierstan's situation.    Yes, she made a statement, but who cares, least of all, Carrington.   Maybe I am missing part of the strategy . . . . 

I guess... Kierstan thought that if she stood there single... Carrington would come back in a couple... but see her stand there alone... and declare... “Even though I chose to recouple, I’m taken aback by Kierstan’s loyalty. Maybe I misjudged her and I’d like to dump Laurel right now and recouple with Kierstan!”... I guess??? I really don’t know what Kierstan thought would happen. And I agree that she should have recoupled with somebody. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Lauren apparently found love at the airport as she left Las Vegas

I like Kierstan and I hope that Jalen ditches Mackenzie for her.

Justine was definitely nicer to Sher than I would've been.  Especially after Sher insinuated that Caleb might still be into her (by never telling her otherwise).  Hello, he didn't ask you to come back to the villa with him.  Doesn't that give you your answer?

Carrington's a dick. Laurel's too nice for him. 

So, Johnny came clean-ish.  If they were smart, they'd have a challenge based what happened during Casa Amor so Cely could be given more information on what really went down.  That's what they did on the UK version, they used faked tabloid headlines to spill all the tea. I'll be sad if she doesn't find out until after they leave the show. 

• Love 6

I thought the funniest part of this episode was during the recouping when Carrington sat down on the couch, he sort of instinctively put his arm around Mackenzie for some reason and she looked at him like "WTF?" and he pulled his arm way. I think I ran that back a few times, it was so strange.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Sher is gorgeous but seems to have zero personality and can only speak in monotone. I thought it was BSB but we saw it with Justine, too. 

She has an interesting low monotone way of speaking. I wonder if it's a reaction against the ubiquitous valley girl / vocal fry, in an effort to be taken more seriously. Like anti valley girl. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

She does have an oddly deep voice which is really funny when she's delivering these rapid fire speeches, but I think she's just guarded.  So far I like her.

2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I wish they would do more of that on this version. We’ve seen Big Mack flip out twice already because she’s inferred America doesn’t like her. Imagine what she would do to hear what someone on Twitter thinks of her? Or finding out “who’s most manipulative in the villa?” Rankings. 

Considering how many people have committed suicide from the UK version I don't like this idea at all!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Instagram models/influencers like Lauren and Kaitlyn (?) will have zero issue finding new men.  

i doubt any of them were having trouble finding men in the first place. That’s not why people go on this show.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I still don’t see standing there alone as the “grand gesture” she does, but we’ve all done stupid things that we rationalize at the time. 

Now, if she'd have been holding a boom box over her head that was playing Peter Gabriel? THAT would have been a grand gesture. Standing alone to try and lure a guy that you broke up with to boomerang back to you? Not so much.

• LOL 5

I guess I still like Carrington. Will have to see how he treats Laurel moving forward. Aside from the lame and obvious fake out, he was again clear with Kierstan that they will not work as a couple in the conversation the day after. I appreciate that he did not mislead her since he "broke up" with her. I like Kierstan too, so I want her to be happy and hope she can find someone who appreciates her. 

I'm 50-50 on Jalen. On one hand I liked that he stood up to Mackenzie and told her he will continue doing what he wishes to. So he has a backbone and that's great. On the other hand, Mackenzie's fears were not unfounded because he was laying on thick with Kierstan and was trying to make a move on her. 

Moira is a hypocrite, that is all. She's not a good catch at all. I see Aaron bailing soon.

Just like how Mercades was mean-girling Laurel about Carrington, I felt Justine was doing it to Sher in their poolside talk too. The passive aggressiveness was strong in that conversation. But unlike Laurel, Sher refused to be intimidated and responded well. Good for her! 

Edited by waving feather
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, weightyghost said:

I've started to watch an older season of the UK version and it's shockingly how much more real and less annoying those contestants are, even after only 5 episodes that I've watched. 

Agreed, the personalities far exceed those of the American casts (mostly). I couldn't really watch the girl that won last season.  

The range of accents make it more interesting, too. And their beauty/makeup standards are SO different from ours. I would love for some of those girls to get makeovers.

7 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I'm 50-50 on Jalen. On one hand I liked that he stood up to Mackenzie and told her he will continue doing what he wishes to. So he has a backbone and that's great. On the other hand, Mackenzie's fears were not unfounded because he was laying on thick with Kierstan and was trying to make a move on her. 

I get what you're saying but what does Jalen owe Mack?  They are not betrothed.  We don't know if they have made any pledges to each other.  Even if they secretly pledged to be together until the end of the game to try and win the money, that would still allow for Jalen to be friendly, and even flirty, with other women.  

• Love 1

So glad I made popcorn before this episode. I know they couldn't show us the coupling decisions at Casa Amor so that it would be suspenseful to see whether or not the guys came back to the Villa with or without a new woman, but I feel cheated that I didn't get to see the look on Mercades face when no one picked her. As for the new guys, I'm sad that De'Andre, Mike, and Pat had to go. Mike seemed like a great guy, and Pat also seemed nice even though his face hurts my feelings. No idea about De'Andre because he only got 30 seconds total screen time, but I'd take that over having to listen to Carrington for any amount of time.

I was glad Johnny confessed immediately and was feeling okay about him right up until he tried to justify that Casa Amor was a "game" and so fell within the exceptions he and Cely had agreed on. Way to be a dick about it, Johnny.

With Johnny falling out of favor and Caleb saying about Mackenzie, "I think she's a manipulator and a liar," Caleb is officially my favorite, now and forever.

I found it strange that they gasped that Calvin brought another girl.... after Moira chose someone else? Like did they want him to be alone and Moira to get both?

It was funny watching Moira go from being incredibly happy with her new man (or, you know, Aaron) to having no feelings for him the moment she realized Calvin DGAF. Unrelated: When Moira was crying in the dressing room, she looked like a young Meryl Streep to me.

16 hours ago, CindyBee said:

And Mackenzie is going to love Connor and Jalen fighting over her but I wouldn't be surprised if Jalen makes a move on Sher.  Or Sher on Jalen.

Connor seems done with Mackenzie and Jalen is thisclose to being done. No matter what else happens, Mackenzie trying to guilt trip Jalen over talking to other people instead of walking behind her at all times holding her purse and him being all, "I'm sorry you feel that way but I feel good about myself," will probably be my favorite moment of the whole season. Jalen looks ready to move on to Kierstan, who seems like a head case in her own right, but several degrees below where Mackenzie is at. If they bring in some new women, Connor will probably stay for a bit whether he's into it or not, but how much fun would it be if he found a nice, sane, naturally pretty woman? That would be so great right up until Mackenzie tries to murder her.

15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And I totally see why Justine is such a favourite.  Well, my own reasoning is that she's beautiful and I love the way she cares for the people on the show.  I swear she was going to lose her mind when she found out Mack dumped Connor and Connor was coming back alone. 

I've been starting to like her the last couple of episodes, but only when she's with Cely. She still bugs me when she's talking to Caleb for some reason. I think it's because she comes off as really desperate with him? Though I was so happy for her when Caleb walked back in alone, like just strangely over-the-top happy for her. Then when she was telling Sher that Caleb wasn't interested in her, hoping Sher would say it was mutual, and Sher was like, "well, I think there still might be something there so I'm going to continue to explore that," it also made me happy that she wasn't able to steamroll over Sher, even though I don't think Sher actually cares about any of this. So now I don't know if I like Justine or not.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Unrelated: When Moira was crying in the dressing room, she looked like a young Meryl Streep to me.

I was wondering who she looks like in that exact scene, too!  Moira has this weird, generically pretty All Actresses face!  It's crazy making.

I agree, I like Sher's assertiveness too.  I still like Justine, so far, and I don't see any issue with her trying to get to the bottom of Sher's motivations, but I still like them both.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Carrington was an asshole for that move

My initial thought too, but why would he want to be so incredibly hurtful?  Maybe it was the producers who told Carrington to come down the stairs seemingly alone, only to then wait for Laurel to descend.   Given the circumstances, it was even more heartless and not a moment Carrington should be proud of.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

My initial thought too, but why would he want to be so incredibly hurtful?  Maybe it was the producers who told Carrington to come down the stairs seemingly alone, only to then wait for Laurel to descend.   Given the circumstances, it was even more heartless and not a moment Carrington should be proud of.

Yeah, it was so over the top mean I had assumed that the producers had to be behind it.  It was soooo bad.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, it was so over the top mean I had assumed that the producers had to be behind it.  It was soooo bad.

Yeah, producers. It’s not just Kierstan, that’s a pretty rude move to walk down first and then “beckon” Laurel to come down after. That was the show. 

I wish Lauren, Kaitlynn, and Rachel were around if for no other reason than to give the other women actual, helpful advice. No, Moira, Mackenzie’s problem isn’t a low love bucket or that she gives too much in a relationship. And no, Mackenzie, Carrington isn’t intimidated by Kierstan’s looks and that’s why he’s not into her. I like how the guys are pretty direct and honest with each other (BSB calling out Carrington for his speech and the guys trying to talk sense into Connor and Johnny). I wish the girls were more direct and honest with each other. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Yeah, but Carrington doesn't want to date a hot bartender or some hot party girl.  He wants a woman who will only be into him.  He's hoping Laurel is like that.  Isn't that the case?  So maybe there is truth to what Moira is saying, and it's a nice thing to say.  

2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, but Carrington doesn't want to date a hot bartender or some hot party girl.  He wants a woman who will only be into him.  He's hoping Laurel is like that.  Isn't that the case?  So maybe there is truth to what Moira is saying, and it's a nice thing to say.  

What did Moira say?

6 hours ago, Jadzia said:

I thought the funniest part of this episode was during the recouping when Carrington sat down on the couch, he sort of instinctively put his arm around Mackenzie for some reason and she looked at him like "WTF?" and he pulled his arm way. I think I ran that back a few times, it was so strange.

I noticed that too.  I think his testosterone tripled when he was set free of his "three week marriage" in Casa Amor.

I thought I would have more to say since so much happened this episode, but somehow I Just feel *shrug*. But maybe that’s just the week + of smoke cutting oxygen to my brain. 

Few thoughts:

I still don’t see much chemistry between Justine and Caleb but they seem like decent enough people. The level-headed therapists. 

Mack needs too much emotional feeding. She’s exhausting. 

I almost clapped when BSB called Carrington out on his speech at the recoupling. Not that I thought his speech was shocking, but it was “low key” paternalistic and condescending. And he didn’t need to play along with the producers with the delayed staircase move. Maybe he didn’t realize,  they could’ve hid it from them by spacing it out between Calvin and him. But since it was Calvin calling him out I’m inclined to believe he was in on it. Carrington plays dumb/ignorant  when it serves him and that’s a trait I really dislike. Add it to the list with that guy. 

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

was wondering who she looks like in that exact scene, too!  Moira has this weird, generically pretty All Actresses face!  It's crazy making.

I looked at her model work and while she leans more “catalog” and advertising vs high fashion she has a pretty diverse portfolio of looks with makeup and styling. Generic white woman wholesomeness. And yes I judge but at least she’s a real working model, not an IG model like most reality folks (ahem Mackenzie) She isn’t the smartest, but I do feel for her in her aha moment that all the guys kinda suck. 

Edited by Refresh
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

So, I forgot about football last night and only recorded half of the episode. Watched the other half today.

Connor walking into the villa with Gus hurt my heart. I knew that it was going to happen but, I still felt bad. I felt bad for the other villa guys too because they already knew Connor’s decision but, couldn’t say anything.

Kierstan and Connor could be cute.

The saying “It’s not you, it’s me” came to mind about Mackenzie in this episode. She’s doing the same thing with Jalen that she did with Connor. Mackenzie is a clingy girl who pouts when the attention isn’t on her at all times. I’m glad that Jalen is mingling with all the people in the Villa. 

Poor Moira. I still love and am rooting for you!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

Poor Moira. I still love and am rooting for you!

I almost wish Moira would self-evict as I'm worried about her moping around and crying.   Hopefully she's out of her funk soon though not alot of time left for her to find her happily ever after. 

The way she came on so strong has me think that Mercedes suffers from touch hunger. Touch hunger causes a bizarre form of depression where:

"As they grow still older, they may, often out of sheer desperation, fumble into a relationship, putting all their physical needs into the hands of just one other ill-equipped person."

(from Psychology Today.)

I just think that, like, Sher's version of sexual confidence is more healthy.

Edited by Whodunnit
Sher
  • Love 1

The only reason that Jalen would bring this issue up again today , after Mackenzie said that she was now happy and felt totally better, is to blow shit up and get in a big fight so that they could break up.  I'm not blaming him, but that seemed pretty transparent to me.

Jalen telling Mack when he saw her in her relationship with Connor, he'd "run away" from her.  But that's her?  Why did you get in a couple with her knowing how she is?  You know?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Moira is bonkers. After having a meltdown she seemed so nonchalant talking to Aaron, even though that’s the exact conversation she wanted to have. Supposedly. 

Nothing new to say about Mackenzie at this point. I noticed she wasn’t part of the group when Caleb and Justine came back and don’t really see her when they pan to group shots. 

Why is Connor still there?

• Love 1

I think it's so funny that this show completely ignores Laurel.

Also, Kierstan called her "Lauren" last night and Carringon and the snarky commentator didn't even say anything about it or correct her.  L O L

I can't help but wonder (Carrie Bradshaw voice) what would have happened if somebody actually brought Skankola back to this place.

Song:  Kelis, "Milkshake"!

If any of you are like me, you're going to want to fastforward the food challenge.  DIS. GUST. ING.

3 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

While I appreciate everyone's loyalty to Connor, Johnny has some nerve talking about how Mack betrayed Connor after his CA antics.

You're right.  He's not the island psychologist.  Everyone knows that's Caleb.  Johnny has nowhere to speak from.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Whoever keeps putting these food challenges on TV needs to be committed. They’ve been a staple since Fear Factor and I don’t know anyone who likes them. Is there some Nielsen rating that shows people tune in for this stuff???

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

OH MY GOD THESE GUYS HATE MACKENZIE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WHAAAAAAAT Connor is a grown man. !!  Stop telling him what to do !

What happened?

Moira told Mack if she got back with Connor it would be cute. Ugh. We were done with them and now it looks like they’ll go at it again 😱

This is such an exhausting storyline. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I am still queasy from that food challenge.  Blech!  

Trust me, one of the top 10 things I hate is gratuitous disgustingness on television or movies.  I have this theory that almost every movie has a vomit scene.  How intelligent are these writers?  NOT VERY. I'D SAY.  Shock value is just not intelligent or valuable to me.  My lis of movies with a vomit scene is at 200 so far -- but I've found other lists that are at 1000!

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Moira told Mack if she got back with Connor it would be cute. Ugh. We were done with them and now it looks like they’ll go at it again

While yes that is terrible advice, if Mac has a meltdown anyone dares to not agree with her, I'd just say whatever and agree with whatever she says too just so I could get away and not deal with her BUT WHAT ABOUT ME?!?

• Love 5

NO NO NO! No more Irish law firm! Don’t do it Connor! Don’t do it!

Aw...Mackenzie made an ooops when picking Jalen. Everyone saw that coming but her. Mackenzie is too clingy and needy to be on this show. 

I’m kinda hoping that a smoking hot girl will come to the villa and be totally into Connor.

I’m glad Justine is happy.

I watched that gross challenge last year so, this year it was a good time to check out the news on my iPad.

• Love 5