Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 3: September 6, 2020-September 12, 2020

• Start Topic

To clarify for Mackenzie, Connor is “on” when he’s timid, submissive, afraid, and just agrees with her. He’s “off” when he’s relaxed and has his own thoughts. The conversation that has Mackenzie worried (about marriage) Connor was about as relaxed and not in his head that we’ve seen him this whole time. And that worries Mackenzie. Real healthy 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, alexa said:

Are they bringing in anyone else or is this it for this season?

10 new people are joining the show tomorrow night with the Casa Amor twist.

Nothing will ever top Georgia/Josh from season 4 of UK love island but I'm hoping for a similar reaction this time, especially if its Johnny walking in with someone new but he's probably thinking $$$$$ at this point so I doubt he makes a change.   My guess:

Cely/Johnny stay loyal 

Carrington-newbie

Kiersten--newbie

Up in air to what happens with Mackenzie/Connor, Calvin/Moira and Justine/Caleb;  need to see what the new people are like

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 5

Casa Amor looks prettier then LI so, I think that the girls should go there. I mean, there’s a waterfall.

Frustrated that Mackenzie and Connor are still there and Mackenzie blaming Connor for America(and Canada) not liking them.

Sorta looking forward to Mackenzie probably losing her damn mind about not getting to keep an eye on Connor. 

I wish that Lauren had stayed. At least she was honest and said what needed to be said.

At this point I only really care about what happens to Moira and Connor. 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I wanted them to save Tre/Lauren not because they're a good couple but they entertain me. 

The guys said it wasn't unanimous so I would have loved to see the breakdown of those votes. 

I would have sent Moira/BSB home. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

10 new people are joining the show tomorrow night with the Casa Amor twist.

Nothing will ever top Georgia/Josh from season 4 of UK love island but I'm hoping for a similar reaction this time, especially if its Johnny walking in with someone new but he's probably thinking $$$$$ at this point so I doubt he makes a change.   My guess:

Cely/Johnny stay loyal 

Carrington-newbie

Kiersten--newbie

Up in air to what happens with Mackenzie/Connor, Calvin/Moira and Justine/Caleb;  need to see what the new people are like

Agree. Really the only potential outcome that could be interesting is Connor picking someone new and Mackenzie not. I don’t think Cely and Johnny would break up (for the money) but even if they did I wouldn’t be too surprised or care. I’m just hoping everyone relaxes after they split up because nobody is feeling pressured to talk about how great everything is all the time. 

Why do we keep losing the interesting and level-headed women like Kaitlynn and Lauren but keep the boring ones like Moira or Kierstan. I know we need some around for drama but it's good to have a good mix. My least favorite is actually Cely right now. She's fake af.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I wish Moira and Connor had paired up originally. That would either have been the best or they would both be gone. She may be “beige,” but I voted for her and Calvin last week so that maybe third times the charm with her with Casa Amor. Hoping Mackenzie is too stressed over Connor’s a sense to do anything or the new guys know to stay away from the crazy. If the new people have been watching social media and/or the show while quarantined, it’d be interesting to see who tried to get with Justine since she’s front runner, it seems. 

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, alexa said:

Are they bringing in anyone else or is this it for this season?

I feel like this is an abbreviated season, maybe due to covid? They're already done bringing on new people, they've already sent a couple home ,and we're already on to Casa Amor.  Is the season finale next week??

Speaking of Casa Amor, casting is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Those were some homely looking peeps. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

Casa Amor looks prettier then LI so, I think that the girls should go there. I mean, there’s a waterfall.

Frustrated that Mackenzie and Connor are still there and Mackenzie blaming Connor for America(and Canada) not liking them.

Sorta looking forward to Mackenzie probably losing her damn mind about not getting to keep an eye on Connor. 

I wish that Lauren had stayed. At least she was honest and said what needed to be said.

I love that you think the girls should get the new "island" because I was coming on here to say the exact same thing! I guess I just really doubt the boys will appreciate and squeal over the beauty of the waterfall and what appears to be favorable lighting.

Welp, Lauren & Tre go home, the exact opposite of what I'd hoped for (hey there, 2020, I see you! *finger guns*). But y'all were right about Casa Amor, so that's something to look forward to. I hope they all get to mingle with each other in their respective compounds rather than immediately coupling up. I want maximum potential for drama. Dance, monkeys, dance!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Even for self-centered people, there's almost no group dynamic or interplay (that we see...Justine and Connor are best friends? huh?). 

I wish we could see that dynamic.

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

To clarify for Mackenzie, Connor is “on” when he’s timid, submissive, afraid, and just agrees with her. He’s “off” when he’s relaxed and has his own thoughts. The conversation that has Mackenzie worried (about marriage) Connor was about as relaxed and not in his head that we’ve seen him this whole time. And that worries Mackenzie. Real healthy 

When Connor says that he could not be more different than Mack, it's like wow, Buddy, no shit.  This guy actually has a sense of humour and likes to continually lighten every conversation with a joke and Mack is all dark sides and already bringing up when his deadline is for marriage and kids.  Good lord, what a disaster.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Speaking of Casa Amor, casting is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Those were some homely looking peeps. 

Some of the guys looked really bad, like one actually made me recoil.  It doesn't seem fair.  They know a lot of their audience is straight women.  Come on now.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

YES. I will always miss Georgia talking about being "loyal" 24/7. One of the many reasons that Original Flavor Love Island is the best.

I knew it was coming but UGH. I will miss Lauren. She's right that she was always honest with people they just didn't bother to listen to what she was saying...LADIES. I'd love to see who voted against Lauren on the guys side because all the boys seemed to be all over her perfect hip ratio. We all knew Tre was a goner - Justine was leading that campaign - but Carrington? If the girls really thought Carrington had a future in there they would have kept Lauren since he was ready to get a UK passport stamp. Once again, we lose a level-headed and cool lady. BRING ON the Casa Amor drama. 

Yes, Mackenzie, North America (I didn't forget you, Canada!) is trying to tell you something. We're saying, "put down the bunny and step away from the boiling water." Look Connor has his issues, and I want to shake him, but I also remember how poor a communicator I was in my early-to-mid 20s I wasn't really confident enough to express my feelings and tell a boy what I needed (because I didn't even know). I feel sorry for him, but I also want to shake him. That's another reason I'm sad to see Lauren go. I don't know how interested she was in Connor but she seemed to provide an outlet for him to talk and be himself. Lauren also tried to encourage him to be honest. It might not have done any good had she stayed but Connor clearly needed someone else who could call out his toxic coupling because the other girls certainly aren't going to call Mackenzie on her cray cray.  

Can someone explain Justine's popularity on social to me? I feel like I'm missing something here. 

Calvin and Caleb are human narcolepsy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So basically Mackenzie doesn't like Connor when he is being himself. Got it. She only likes her version of Connor, the puppet.

This is the first time I've found Carrington attractive, when he was talking to Kiersten at the end. They are very natural as friends or more than. Never would have guessed the one guy I was grossed out by in the beginning would be the only guy I would find attractive right now. Now I kind of get why Kiersten was a bit obsessed with him.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

So basically Mackenzie doesn't like Connor when he is being himself. Got it. She only likes her version of Connor, the puppet.

This is the first time I've found Carrington attractive, when he was talking to Kiersten at the end. They are very natural as friends or more than. Never would have guessed the one guy I was grossed out by in the beginning would be the only guy I would find attractive right now. Now I kind of get why Kiersten was a bit obsessed with him.

I too find Carrington attractive after not doing so at first.  He is going to very popular in Casa Amor as the girls will know he's single and will be an easy get into the main villa for a chance at more screen time.     And even though I didn't like Tre all that much, bad timing for him to miss out on the Casa Amor fun.  

And for the person that asked why Justine is so popular twitter,  I think it goes back to night one when she stepped forward for Jeremiah, was denied and that got her lots of sympathy and its kinda grown from there.   If the Casa guys do know how popular she is, she might get a full on press from one or more of them. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

If I was a betting man:

Kierstan and Carrington pick new people because they broke up 

Cely and Johnny stay together. Johnny cockblocks himself almost immediately and all we get from either is Johnny telling the viewers how deep his relationship with Cely is and Cely constantly telling people how cool, relaxed, and not worried she is. 

Moira and BSB. Nobody really cares. They could stay together, pick new people or one could screw the other over. Neither is winning this thing. I guess some people still want Moira to find happiness, but at this point she should be looking past this show for that. 

Mackenzie spends the whole time freaking out about Casa Amor and the new girls make a beeline for Connor. We’re led to believe he’ll dump Mackenzie but ultimately he’ll pick her. One, I don’t think he has the balls. Two, I think he and Mackenzie have normalized their dysfunction to the point where it’s become familiar and comfortable. At this point Connor probably expects any minor thing to set Mackenzie off, and she’ll pull him aside to pout and berate him. In the conversation about marriage Connor actually seemed relaxed, like this is just his life now. They keep talking about how every relationship struggles, but usually not constantly at the beginning. The beginning should be nothing but fun, and any red flags are meant to nip the relationship in the bud before either is too invested. 

I think the big “shocker” will be Caleb dumping Justine. Justine will then take on the jilted lover role. But it won’t really matter, because it seems like Justine could be partnered with a chair at the end of this and she’d still win.

Unless there’s someone in Casa Amor who’s SUPER charming, odds are that these ten people will decide who America votes for, and I don’t see any surprise pick upsetting Justine (regardless of who her partner is). Cely and Johnny will be depicted as the front runners, but it’s pretty unusual for one couple to just coast through the competition and win everything. Especially a pair like Cely and Johnny who aren’t all that interesting. 

But I was wrong about the last voting ceremony so I could be wrong. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, snarts said:

10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Some of the guys looked really bad, like one actually made me recoil.  It doesn't seem fair.  They know a lot of their audience is straight women.  Come on now.

THANK YOU. What the hell. Shouldn't the Casa Amor people be extra, super, omg hot? What's the point if they're not??

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm guessing the slim pickins among new contestants had a lot to do with who was willing to go into quarantine for weeks prior to being thrust into the Hades-like Vegas rooftop heat.  Sounds like a ton of no-fun to me.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I'm guessing the slim pickins among new contestants had a lot to do with who was willing to go into quarantine for weeks prior to being thrust into the Hades-like Vegas rooftop heat.  Sounds like a ton of no-fun to me.

I wonder if there were even more people in quarantine to begin with, but then left when they weren’t picked to be on the show early. As you said, no fun spending weeks in quarantine for two days of filming at the end of the season when the odds aren’t in your favor of staying. Then producers are stuck because they don’t have time to bring new people in. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

think the big “shocker” will be Caleb dumping Justine. Justine will then take on the jilted lover role. But it won’t really matter, because it seems like Justine could be partnered with a chair at the end of this and she’d still win.

Just curious, I have thoughts on this but it relates to UK season 5.  Even though that was shown a year ago, I don't want to ruin it for anyone.   Should I spoiler tag!?!?

20 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Just curious, I have thoughts on this but it relates to UK season 5.  Even though that was shown a year ago, I don't want to ruin it for anyone.   Should I spoiler tag!?!?

I would think that would be ok, but I never know the rules on these boards 🤷‍♂️

Okay, just to be safe, I'll spoiler tag my inane thoughts on Justine's twitter popularity, Casa Amor & UK season 5.

Spoiler

Justine's story could go exactly like Amber's did, if Caleb recouples with a girl from Casa Amor in that her twitter popularity could get her a big win, if the producers find a cute Irish guy in the last week (okay Gregg was there for 10 days) like they did for Amber and twitter fans go all in for their "wronged" girl.   

Something to keep in mind over the next few days as we see what Caleb does at Casa Amor.  He came in pretty early so probably doesn't know how popular and vocal Justine's fans are but he does know from this last vote that America (and Canada) find them compatible so that might keep him loyal. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, snarts said:

12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Mostly they were more homely (and I think I know which guy made you recoil, @Ms Blue Jay, that would be the one who made me go "EEP!"), but as they were flashing through the women, I got the feeling that they were bringing in five bizarro versions of the women who are already there. Bizzaros Cely, Moira, and Kierstan are similar but less attractive, but Bizarro Mackenzie and Bizarro Justine are the non-fug versions. I actually think Mackenzie and Justine could be pretty but they've structured things to make themselves hideous, Mackenzie with her lip injections and Justine with her Walgreen's extensions.

11 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Calvin and Caleb are human narcolepsy.

Yeah, after their egotistical introductions, they turned out to be as boring as everyone else. Calvin seemed like a fraud to me from the beginning, but I'm surprised at how much of a nothing Caleb turned out to be.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, snarts said:

With this casting, were I to be going to Casa Amore I'd walk in to the pool area and when the 'tempters' are revealed I'd be all "Oh HELL no... where's my bag?" Because these better be some charming mf'ers to compensate, guys especially.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I'm surprised at how much of a nothing Caleb turned out to be.

Caleb could be missing from an episode and I wouldn't have noticed. That's how little impact he makes in general. Nice guy; boring TV.

Regarding the talk about how the men are more prudish and reserved compared to the ladies... I don't think it's that they are prudes but they just aren't into to these girls. Even a peck on the lips seems too much for them most days. Calvin only started smooching Moira after he learnt they are among America's favorite couples. 

I hope Casa Amore folks have better personalities than this lot. A good personality goes a long way when everyone is fit. Kierstan is the prettiest girl there and she truly is gorgeous even without make up but the men there are not really chasing after her aside from the initial intrigue.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I actually think Mackenzie and Justine could be pretty but they've structured things to make themselves hideous, Mackenzie with her lip injections and Justine with her Walgreen's extensions.

I think Mackenzie also wears those weird cartoonish contact lenses.  They make your eyes look unreal.  I have a couple of friends who wore them every single day in their 20s.

Is this her when she was young, in the third picture?  It's the same first and last name attached to it - Mackenzie Dipman.

Mackenzie-Dipman.jpg

images.jpeg

unnamed.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, CindyBee said:

Shame that one of the couple's is going to miss casa amor, which starts tomorrow night. So hopefully Mackenzie and Connor are saved as I have to see her deal with him being away for a few days.

Hey Cindybee.  Long time no talk.

Late to the party because I have to catch up on this show on the demand.  I love, love ,love snarky commentator ( bachelor franchise take note).  A lot of his snarks are spot on.  I don’t listen to a lot of current music, so I enjoy the the the music being incorporated into the drama!!  ( thank you to whoever posts the songs and artists on this board).

what is with Cnnor’s Flat affect ?  Maybe he is really shy.  I would rather have him paired with Moira.  I think Jonny and cely are quite cute.  

Bring on Casa 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Is this her when she was young, in the third picture?  It's the same first and last name attached to it - Mackenzie Dipman.

That looks like her. Her appearance is disturbingly Lolita-like. She's so tiny and has a babyish face; the blow-up doll lips actually make things much worse. If she had any sense, she'd be trying to be less sex kittenish, rather than embracing it. I don't know; I feel bad for her, but at the same time, she annoys me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

Late to the party because I have to catch up on this show on the demand.  I love, love ,love snarky commentator ( bachelor franchise take note).  A lot of his snarks are spot on.  I don’t listen to a lot of current music, so I enjoy the the the music being incorporated into the drama!!  ( thank you to whoever posts the songs and artists on this board)

This site is great; people upload every single song that's played (usually) - especially if you're patient enough to wait a few days or even a week after each episode.  Just don't read the episode's page before you see the episode to avoid spoilers.  You can also register to ask song questions.

https://www.tunefind.com/show/love-island-us/season-2

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I respect Lauren for giving them a piece of her mind on the way out, haha. What a waste of her time - everyone drools over her and talks shit about dumping their partner but no one makes a move, then she gets picked by a dude who wants her as a trophy but isn't actually into her, then gets booted 10 mins after the guy she actually likes decides to go for it because she had the misfortune of being paired with a guy who wasn't into her - who wasn't even her choice!

Can I just say I crack up whenever I read BSB? I love y'all! I think he's leaning into Moira out of boredom, but will bolt as soon as he has new options. Also....I like his freckles. He's cute. Sue me.

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

it seems like Justine could be partnered with a chair at the end of this and she’d still win. 

This made me laugh! I actually think Caleb seems pretty into Justine to the point where they could rival Cely/Johnny, but folks on this show are nothing if not fickle, so we'll see.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The thing about BSB is, and I've watched it twice now, when Moira returned from the first date with him and everyone descended on her for the lowdown, didn't she lead with something like "he's in fitness.... which is funny..." I guess because James is a personal trainer. Do we know that BSB has been straight-up about his occupation or did he imply he does something else for a living? Because if the latter, it's even more hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

What’s everybody’s “best case scenarios” for how this turns out? Either just through Casa Amor or who ends up winning this thing?

I'm messy so I want a bunch of new couples to form over the next few days.   But I have a feeling some, especially the three that were voted "compatible' by America (and Canada) will stay put.  The ultimate for me would be Connor/new girl and Mackenzie all alone.  I also find Cely's claim that she and Johnny are a "power couple" to be annoying as hell so would love for Johnny's head to turn too.

I do worry for the Justine fans on twitter if she stays loyal and Caleb doesn't as they are taking this way too seriously for a reality TV show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

That looks like her. Her appearance is disturbingly Lolita-like. She's so tiny and has a babyish face; the blow-up doll lips actually make things much worse. If she had any sense, she'd be trying to be less sex kittenish, rather than embracing it. I don't know; I feel bad for her, but at the same time, she annoys me.

I don’t get the look either.  The 3rd photo in those pictures up a few responses  - she is a beauty - not so much anymore, the eyes, lashes, hair, boobs that are too big for her tiny frame ...yuck.  

im old - lol ....why do these young girls constantly play with their hair ??  Constant petting it - so weird. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I can't stand Cely.  Her being "on" all the freaking time is coming off really, really fake.  Can't wait to see what happens with Johnny and the Casa Amor ladies.

So far, the most to switch besides Kiersten is Moira.  

• Love 3

This is the guy that we all recoiled at right?  I'm sorry.  I feel mean.

recoil.jpg

I actually thought all of the women (from the preview at least) looked goodlooking except for that one brunette.  (Faith.  Sorry.... just not my type.)

This woman reminded me of Brenda from Survivor S21, @fishcakes will appreciate my reference.  And that's high praise.

women.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is the guy that we all recoiled at right?  I'm sorry.  I feel mean.

recoil.jpg

I actually thought all of the women (from the preview at least) looked goodlooking except for that one brunette.  

This woman reminded me of Brenda from Survivor S21, @fishcakes will appreciate my reference.  And that's high praise.

women.jpg

Neck beard! Why?!?! Why just shave the sides of your neck but not the throat part!!!?!?!

Cher (spelling?) looks cute. None of the rest of the girls seem that cute, and they’re coming on pretty strong which I don’t think will work here. 

Surprised any guy is talking to Mackenzie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

At least the new guys bring some diversity with Pat being Syrian/Lebanese and Mike being Filipino.  

And what a turn it would be if Mackenzie goes with Jalen and Connor comes back with just the teddy bear.

Of the new girls, I"m hoping someone ends up with Sher.

32 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

At least the new guys bring some diversity with Pat being Syrian/Lebanese and Mike being Filipino.  

It's not like the black guys are not bringing diversity?  It's great to see so many black men on this show. 

I'm not sure of Jalen's background but he's gorgeous.  

I would totally be the most attracted to Johnny too, so I get where these women are coming from.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's not like the black guys are not bringing diversity?  It's great to see so many black men on this show. 

I'm not sure of Jalen's background but he's gorgeous.  

I meant additional diversity with having a middle eastern and asian guy.

• Love 1