Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 3: September 6, 2020-September 12, 2020

• Start Topic

Mackenzie being a brat after BSB, “Ok, it’s fine if you want to pie me but you don’t need to give a reason.”

Mackenzie being a brat after Johnny pies her without a reason, “but why?”

Seriously. She sucks the fun out of everything 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

It doesn’t look like they’re going to do this, but I always like when they split the women and men who are safe and ask the women to save a guy and the guys to save a woman. Guarantee  the guys would dump Mackenzie and give Connor a fresh start. 

But with this setup I think they’ll send Carrington and Kiersten home since they actually broke up. 

• Love 4

I'm loving that I have no idea how the processes work, never having seen the show before. A vast difference from BB and Survivor! 

Mackenzie immediately blaming Connor for her multiple pie-ing ("what did he te-e-e-ell them?!") is so beyond a lack of self-awareness that she actually gives Kanye West not getting the fishsticks joke a run for his money. 

Please, oh please, let the islanders get rid of Connor and Mackenzie. It's like taking Old Yeller out behind the house. Except that I cried about Old Yeller, while the prospect of C&M's possible mercy-killing makes me giggle maniacally. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

So far we’ve had Kaitlynn come and go without really being interested in anyone. Jeremiah took himself out when he wasn’t interested with anyone. Two couples are currently debating swapping partners (one guy of which has been the booby prize this whole season for every woman who couldn’t get her first choice). Another couple has no chemistry and was surprised they themselves weren’t voted least compatible. The “front runners”

😉😉😉 refer to themselves as a power couple and openly went through a run through of who’s their competition for the prize money. Then there’s Connor and Mackenzie. 

Not sure they can save this season. It’s surprising, you’d think COVID and quarantine would have made all these people extra horny, but nobody seems attracted to anybody and people are just going through the motions 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I liked some of the music selections, they were unexpected

Beautiful - Snoop Dogg & Pharrell
All Night Long - Lionel Richie (some dumb ass cover)
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia (some dumb ass cover).

Other than that, meh.  Aren't new people supposed to come?  No?

The audience likes Moira and Calvin, which I find so funny.  They're compatible?  LOL.  And Justine/!?!?!?!?  Justine really has the social media game down.

I think the guys go so gaga over Lauren because of her hip to waist ratio.  I read that somewhere, that straight men go crazy over that.  Sad but true.  She has the small waist and the hips go outward.  She has an unfairly cartoonish body.  (Trust me I don't believe in this crap and I think it's really sexist.  I think I heard it on RHONY or something.  Don't remember.)

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.27.08 AM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

“America” really blew it.  If it had any sense of drama or whimsy it would have saved Trey and Lauren.  But no.  It picked them giving the other couples an easy out because Lauren is “new.”  If “America” had put in Moria/Calvin we would have had a race for the money.  

Edited by call me ishmael
Repetition of flippancy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mertensia said:

And by the way, Mackenzie, Connor's so going to ghost you. 

No doubt in my mind... but he'll have good stories and life lessons to carry into his next relationship with someone with a better waist to hip ratio!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

We don't know which couple the three "saved" couples are going to throw a lifeline to.  Just a hypothesis, but, what if the saved couples also have to save one person from each of the remaining two unsaved couples, causing the two unsaved people to get dumped from the villa?  They did something like that last season, iirc.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

No doubt in my mind... but he'll have good stories and life lessons to carry into his next relationship with someone with a better waist to hip ratio!

Dear god, the idea of Connor trying to tell a story is pure agony. 

I think Kierstan and Carrington are gone. None of these couples are compatible, so at this point I think the remaining islanders start playing the game. Cely and Johnny are already counting the prize money, so I can see them trying to vote out their competition. 

Keep Tre and Lauren. There’s zero chance Tre wins and highly unlikely Lauren can meet someone new and sway America to vote for her. 

Mackenzie and Connor are completely toxic, but there are two things that should be completely obvious to the cast by now. A) they’re never going to break up and B) America hates them and will never vote for them to win. They’re like the Dallas Cowboys of Love Island, highly dysfunctional and get way too much attention for what they bring to the table but other teams don’t really mind because you know once the playoffs start they aren’t going anywhere. 

Then you have Kierstan. I know I bagged on her from the start, but she’s actually been relatively cool and fun on this show. And seems more natural on camera. She’s the best looking girl there and she just got dumped (and handled it pretty well). I could see a good looking guy coming in a picking her for a redemption story. She could become America’s sweetheart of the show. If Cely and Justine were smart they’d see she’s their biggest threat to win and they’d convince everyone else to vote her and Carrington off. 

• Love 6

I also find it really strange how asexual and/or platonic many of these people and couples have been... particularly on the guys sides. Calvin, Connor, Jeremiah, now Caleb too...all surprisingly prude for young contestants going on a televised dating show. The Calvin not even wanting to kiss Moira thing is particularly weird to me, like what's the big deal dude?? And Conor all giggly and infantile when a girl that he's ostensibly been attracted to wants to blow him? Bizarre. Maybe it's an editing issue at times. Like how we go from Kierstan and Carr seemingly happy in the shower to the next scene basically breaking up. With no real explanation from a Carrington talking head.

As for Lauren objectively I'd agree she's the most attractive woman in the house, not sure who else comes close (maybe Kierstan but her body is admittedly artificial). The men being attracted to Lauren for her h-to-w ratio, amongst other qualities, is not sexist lol. Just like a woman being attracted to a guy's broad shoulders, sense of humor, or yes even their wealth is not sexist. It's just gender-specific measures of sexual market value that have literally been desirable for most of homo sapiens' existence. You can thank these powerful forces of sexual selection for human traits like intelligence, creativity, and, badonkadonks.

Would love to see them send Mac and Connor home for being the worst, but I doubt they will. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mertensia said:

I think they might send Mack and Connor home because you can see they are done with Mack and her whiny self-centeredness. If they don't, she is clearly #1 on the chopping block.

Who knows, but typically producers like to keep the irritant around for a while.  I don't know if the producers can skew the decision of the contestants, ie: with regard to tonight's decision of which couple is going to be saved.

• Love 3

I tend to agree. Mackenzie irritates me, but her dramatics have been just about the only thing interesting this season. From confronting James to breaking down over Connor going on one date to being pissed over being hit in the face with pies -- some of it may be irrational but at least it isn't as dull as the rest of the cast. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Then you have Kierstan. I know I bagged on her from the start, but she’s actually been relatively cool and fun on this show. And seems more natural on camera. She’s the best looking girl there and she just got dumped (and handled it pretty well). I could see a good looking guy coming in a picking her for a redemption story. She could become America’s sweetheart of the show. If Cely and Justine were smart they’d see she’s their biggest threat to win and they’d convince everyone else to vote her and Carrington off. 

I thought it was weird that so many men wanted to throw pie in her face.  Some weird anger there?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

As for Lauren objectively I'd agree she's the most attractive woman in the house, not sure who else comes close (maybe Kierstan but her body is admittedly artificial). The men being attracted to Lauren for her h-to-w ratio, amongst other qualities, is not sexist lol.

Parts of Lauren are artificial too, and personally I disagree.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I don't think there is a chance they'll get rid of Mac and Conner. They love him too much and I feel like there hasn't been enough talk about 'the game' to warrant getting rid of them for the money and too much talk of ~finding love that they believe they are trying. 

I think they'll get rid of Tre and Lauren because I don't think the girls like Lauren (and are scared of her) and like Kiersten more ultimately. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am so tired of Mackenzie and her need to constantly talk to Connor about "where they are," so I can only imagine how he feels. She's clearly crazy if she thinks that he was completely in awe of her sexual prowess (even though she toned it down "to 10%" LOL). I've never seen anyone NOT want to get a blowjob as much as Connor didn't want one. He was more excited by the going to the bathroom. I'm surprised that during the Kiss, Marry, Pie game he didn't run back to the hideaway and ask the bidet to marry him.

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I also find it really strange how asexual and/or platonic many of these people and couples have been... particularly on the guys sides. Calvin, Connor, Jeremiah, now Caleb too...all surprisingly prude for young contestants going on a televised dating show.

This too. Carrington seemed really uncomfortable in the shower. He looked directly into the camera at one point, so I thought that might be the reason, but given that he broke up with Kierstan the next day, it was probably just due to him losing interest in her. The Caleb/Justine scene was weird too. She's been going on since the beginning about how she always moves slowly but is now wanting to know why she's so much more affectionate with Caleb than he is with her. I don't know how those two ended up together, but it's looking more and more like Caleb is just being polite. Then there's Moira and Calvin who are so boring that everything goes beige when they come on screen. I couldn't tell you one thing about them as a couple.

Cely and Johnny are the only functioning couple. They actually seem to like and have fun with each other, although it mostly seems to involve grooming.

Pretty sure Mackenzie and Connor are safe because no one wants either one of them so they're not a threat to anyone left. Tre's not a threat either, but Justine seems to be harboring a grudge, even though she was the jerk in that couple. Moira and Justine might be worried about Kierstan but they're definitely leery of Lauren, mainly because all the men (even Johnny) are always looking at her the way dogs look when they hear the can opener. Personally I don't get it in terms of her looks, but personality-wise, she seems like the most normal/least annoying. No idea about Carrington. My guess is that Tre and Lauren go, but if it were Kierstan and Carrington, I wouldn't be completely surprised.

Love the narrator so much. Tre is snoring away and narrator says something like, "Lauren, if you need someplace quiet to sleep, you can slide into my DMs."

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I wonder if Mackenzie purposefully gets more injections in her bottom lip than her upper lip because it makes her look perpetually pouty and upset?

Her having Connor grab BSB to force an apology for pieing her in a game was ridiculous. I really wish one of the guys would stand up to her the way she stood up to James. It’s gone from them caring about how she treats James to her dragging down the whole house, and I’m surprised they keep kowtowing to her every breakdown. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Love the narrator so much. Tre is snoring away and narrator says something like, "Lauren, if you need someplace quiet to sleep, you can slide into my DMs."

LOL.  I didn't get that joke until you typed it out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if the 3 at risk couples will be able to talk to the 3 safe couples. If they were able to let them know about the impending switcheroo, that could affect their decision.

As far as Lauren’s charm, I don’t think it has anything to do with body ratios. The girl is just sex on a stick 24/7. The other girls have some degree of wholesomeness. Lauren does not.

Edited by Amy Beth
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

When Mackensie was regaling the other "girls" with stories of her (minimal) "moves," and Conor's lack of experience, I found myself wondering--did she give Conor his first bj?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I am so tired of Mackenzie and her need to constantly talk to Connor about "where they are," so I can only imagine how he feels.

She’s exhausting. She needs so much emotional feeding. Connor is not equip. But who would be? 

Lauren exudes a sexuality that the rest (except maybe Kiersten to a degree) just don’t. I believe the kids call it DTF. It’s cultivated for sure. Her body helps but it’s not the only thing. You could exude that without her body and you could have her body and not give off that vibe. 

That said, she claps really weird. Like a seal, weird. What is UP with that? And I don’t think her Spice Girl look with the giant white sneakers and knot horns does her any favors. 

This crew needs a shake up. And based on Saturday’s clip show I want to see more games they’re not showing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

When Mackensie was regaling the other "girls" with stories of her (minimal) "moves," and Conor's lack of experience, I found myself wondering--did she give Conor his first bj?  

How I read that whole thing is that he didn't want to go to the hideaway with her (when it was announced and she stood up to go, she had to pull him out of his seat) and once they were there, he didn't want to have sex. When they were in bed and she was heading south of the border and he was acting all squirrely and laughing, she was starting to get mad and asked him what was going on, so either he told her he was, I don't know, a virgin, or she just assumed that he was inexperienced. I doubt that he's never had a bj or is particularly inexperienced (he's young but not that young), but I think he'd say anything to avoid having an honest conversation with Mackenzie about how she's scaring the shit out of him.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I'm amazed that nobody lost their eyelashes with the pies in the face...

And I still have Carrington pegged as a virgin but there's room on that bus for Connor too given the way he acted. Mack was SO wanting to go all the way what with the outfit and the dragging her fingers over his chest on the way to downtown, but Connor ruined her moment saying she was tickling him... I doubt they did much more than kiss after that, leading her to decry his sexual experience level to all the "girls".

• Love 3

See, I think they had to have done something because no way would Mackenzie have been in that good a mood the next morning if all they did was kiss. If there wasn't something more than what happens every night in the group bedroom, she would have been on the warpath.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Please send Mackenzie and Connor home. That relationship is toxic and the only reason that there’s still a relationship is that Connor doesn’t want to seem like a bad guy. Mackenzie is trying SO HARD to keep that guy.

I get that they’ve been in quarantine but, do you really want your family to watch you potentially having sex on tv. Maybe I’m a prude but I would be aware of that. 

I haven’t watched a lot of episodes of LI UK so, I don’t know a lot about Casa Amor. But, it sounds interesting and maybe might weed a couple of people out. 

• Love 5

On one hand, I want Mackenzie and her emotional baggage off my TV -- I'm pretty sure it exceeded the carry-on weight limit by 1000 lbs -- but the mean side of me wants nothing more than to continue to vote against her so she can cry about America hating her. I also desperately want Connor to go to Casa Amor and find someone else to bring back so all the collagen in Mackenzie's lips explode Scanners-style. I wonder if the producers are on Connor watch because he's just one episode away of being the victim in his very own Lifetime for Battered Women movie.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

How I read that whole thing is that he didn't want to go to the hideaway with her (when it was announced and she stood up to go, she had to pull him out of his seat) and once they were there, he didn't want to have sex. When they were in bed and she was heading south of the border and he was acting all squirrely and laughing, she was starting to get mad and asked him what was going on, so either he told her he was, I don't know, a virgin, or she just assumed that he was inexperienced. I doubt that he's never had a bj or is particularly inexperienced (he's young but not that young), but I think he'd say anything to avoid having an honest conversation with Mackenzie about how she's scaring the shit out of him.

I just couldn’t even watch this part.  I fast forwarded through their scenes once I heard the beginning of their discussion.  I am glad I did now.  How awkward, and why don’t they have privacy for this?  Oh that’s right ..it is TV.  Lol

I find myself hoping more and more than Tre and Lauren get to stick around. I don't think Tre has any shot at "love" or whatnot, but he gives some of the best (talking) head on this show and I will miss his narration. Lauren is not the "prettiest", but there is definitely something about her that is sexy, confident, and charismatic. I'm a straight female, and I also think she's the only "girl" in the house with whom I could imagine holding a vaguely intelligent conversation. There's something about the rest of the them that feels so darn vapid. (Whoever described Moira and Calvin as "beige" - perfection!)

Cely and Johnny's relationship is cute, though now that fishcakes pointed out that it mainly involves grooming, I totally feel like Jane Goodall.

And while I don't really want to see actual banging, I am vaguely disappointed by the lack of chemistry or at least sexually-charged shenanigans. I really thought this would be a guilty bed-hopping pleasure cruise, and instead it's like watching the senior citizen prom in the Sunset Room. Please get some DTF guys in there so the girls can get their freak on. Didn't a few join in with Moira when she said how horny she's feeling?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I find myself hoping more and more than Tre and Lauren get to stick around. I don't think Tre has any shot at "love" or whatnot, but he gives some of the best (talking) head on this show and I will miss his narration. Lauren is not the "prettiest", but there is definitely something about her that is sexy, confident, and charismatic. I'm a straight female, and I also think she's the only "girl" in the house with whom I could imagine holding a vaguely intelligent conversation. There's something about the rest of the them that feels so darn vapid. (Whoever described Moira and Calvin as "beige" - perfection!)

Cely and Johnny's relationship is cute, though now that fishcakes pointed out that it mainly involves grooming, I totally feel like Jane Goodall.

And while I don't really want to see actual banging, I am vaguely disappointed by the lack of chemistry or at least sexually-charged shenanigans. I really thought this would be a guilty bed-hopping pleasure cruise, and instead it's like watching the senior citizen prom in the Sunset Room. Please get some DTF guys in there so the girls can get their freak on. Didn't a few join in with Moira when she said how horny she's feeling?

Eh, I’m actually feeling a bit of schaudenfraude that some of the women are sexually frustrated. I feel like if the roles were reversed and the guys were all horny and the women didn’t feel a connection people would be calling the men out for being shallow or only thinking with their pants. I like that some of these women are in unfamiliar circumstances where they can’t just wear a tiny bikini and get the guys to do their bidding. It also seems interesting that the guys want to wait and keep talking about getting to an emotional level, whereas a lot of the women are hung up on a physical connection. And if you want a guy who’s DTF you can always bring back James, lol. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Co-sign this! I was fairly indifferent to Tre in the beginning but I appreciate his perspective on all the drama and shenanigans. I also like Lauren -- I don't think she's the prettiest either, maybe if she stopped doing that weird thing with her eye pencil she'd look a bit better -- but she has a good energy. She's smart, understands the game, and, like Tre, her observations tend to be spot on and she's supportive. Those two aren't a good love match, but as a friend / game match, I'm here for Tre / Lauren and I'm really bummed that they're likely getting the boot. This season actually has some good people in it, like Kaitlynn, but they're too smart and level-headed to stay apparently.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Co-sign this! I was fairly indifferent to Tre in the beginning but I appreciate his perspective on all the drama and shenanigans. I also like Lauren -- I don't think she's the prettiest either, maybe if she stopped doing that weird thing with her eye pencil she'd look a bit better -- but she has a good energy. She's smart, understands the game, and, like Tre, her observations tend to be spot on and she's supportive. Those two aren't a good love match, but as a friend / game match, I'm here for Tre / Lauren and I'm really bummed that they're likely getting the boot. This season actually has some good people in it, like Kaitlynn, but they're too smart and level-headed to stay apparently.

Tre and Lauren are only in the bottom because Twitter loves Justine and are pissed that he tried to kick her off (also he had a colorist tweet disparaging dark-skinned women). I feel bad for Lauren because she has actual insight and talks to everyone about their problems with empathy, whereas everyone else just sits around crying and pouting that their guy might not like them (Kierstan, Moira, Mackenzie) or gloating about how well it's going (Cely, Justine, Mackenzie based on her mood). Even for self-centered people, there's almost no group dynamic or interplay (that we see...Justine and Connor are best friends? huh?). It's nice to see someone interested in what the others are doing, despite her own agenda. Lauren doesn't deserve to leave just because Tre tried to spite Justine or because Twitter cancelled Tre.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Tre and Lauren are only in the bottom because Twitter loves Justine and are pissed that he tried to kick her off (also he had a colorist tweet disparaging dark-skinned women). I feel bad for Lauren because she has actual insight and talks to everyone about their problems with empathy, whereas everyone else just sits around crying and pouting that their guy might not like them (Kierstan, Moira, Mackenzie) or gloating about how well it's going (Cely, Justine, Mackenzie based on her mood). Even for self-centered people, there's almost no group dynamic or interplay (that we see...Justine and Connor are best friends? huh?). It's nice to see someone interested in what the others are doing, despite her own agenda. Lauren doesn't deserve to leave just because Tre tried to spite Justine or because Twitter cancelled Tre.

I’m still baffled how Justine is the most popular one on this show, and this idea that she’s the victim in all of this. It seems pretty clear that she’s been going back-and-forth with all the guys and girls and they’ve given her way more thought and consideration than she’s given them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I wonder if Mackenzie purposefully gets more injections in her bottom lip than her upper lip because it makes her look perpetually pouty and upset?

It makes her look like a chinless wonder and throws the balance of her whole face off.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

I get that they’ve been in quarantine but, do you really want your family to watch you potentially having sex on tv. Maybe I’m a prude but I would be aware of that.

3 hours ago, alexa said:

I just couldn’t even watch this part.  I fast forwarded through their scenes once I heard the beginning of their discussion.  I am glad I did now.  How awkward, and why don’t they have privacy for this?  Oh that’s right ..it is TV.  Lol

I'm pretty prudish myself, so I watch a lot of these scenes peeking through my fingers like it's a horror movie. Last year, there was an episode fairly late in the season where at least two couples were having sex in the group bedroom at the same time, and in the morning when they woke up, the guys in the adjacent beds looked at each other and laughed. It was distressing to me as a person who still likes to think we're living in a society.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

After all that... they gave us the most boring outcome possible.  Even when this show goes out of its way to make things interesting this cast screws it up. 

Yes!  They really are sucking the life out of this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

Mackenzie still managed to find a way to blame Connor for America not liking her, eh? 

Somebody needs to explain to her what, “taking things with a grain of salt” means. 

But did Connor imply that he wanted to keep Lauren? Then he told Kierstan he wanted her to find happiness there? Hopefully he gets called out when this is all over and everyone gets a chance to hear all the different things he’s been saying to different people. 

• Love 4