Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Ironically, the DCC instagram has Kristin doing a Merry Christmas sign language spot a few days ago. And then they do this hatchet job? I’d have more respect for them judging the dance than distorting the message. 

And Gina deserves better for her solo than to have a rookie doing a half screen with her. Fuck the editing this year.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Now Kristen barely made it last year?🤔 I thought it was Kat, Lily and Meredith. For a world class team, they sure do keep a lot of just so-so dancers🤷🏼‍♀️

Last year's class was very obviously split between a few fabulous dancers and a bunch of relatively weak dancers. Aside from those few standouts, it was a weak year and they had to keep some strugglers to meet that 36 mark. Why the hell they took 37 in such a weak year I will never understand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

I could have sworn I heard Kelli say that this was the most talented group she has ever seen last year😂

Of course it was, because her darling Victoria was part of that class and her talent outweighed everybody else's flaws! (Not bashing Victoria, just Kelli's blatant favoritism)

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I guess now I’m the one missing something. We already knew that Heather retired and moved back to AZ.

lol mte, is she even on the squad this year? i thought she retired at the end of last season

• Love 10
8 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Ok, I just watched Kristin's solo on her insta, and I'm getting legitimately emotional. She is so wonderful. She went WAY out of her way to do something devoted to racial injustice, when she didn't have to, for a group of people she knew wouldn't welcome or care for it. That was so brave of her. She knew she was on thin ice with these people (they never seemed to like her, and I'm sure she knows she "barely made the team"), and she did it anyway. She went out of her way to make an actual statement, and they edit it with some garbage track and make it seem like she's some wack job who has no idea how to dance to music. FUCK them. This is actually so amazing to me; I never expected a DCC to do anything like this. 

I know people will be upset with my opinion, but there's an old saying.....if you got a message, call Western Union.  Kristin is auditioning for a professional, competitive cheerleading team.  Arguably the best in the country.  I've had a lot of complaints about Kelli, Judy, et al in the past, but they were watching 42 or something dancers who each had composed a solo routine with the intention of being judged on it to make/stay on the team and possibly get into Show Group.  And they are supposed to recognize that one woman is using it to make a statement about racism?  Was that all Kristin wanted to do....make a statement?  Or was she also trying to deliver a top notch, quality dance performance that shows off her incredible talent?  Because that's what she was supposed to be doing.  That's what Charlotte, Melissa, Kitty and the others were judging her on, yet now those same people are being roasted for being insensitive and the show lambasted for editing. 

You're upset that Kristin got a bad edit?  I wonder how Vivian feels watching You Tube for the last 5 plus years and hearing K&J pretty much laughing at her for the original poem she wrote and read to them, or Chelsea, in Groundhog Day fashion, reliving her embarrassing dismissal from TC over and over.  I'm sure Victoria would love to crawl in a hole everytime CMT airs the episode where she got cut from the team and responded with tears mixed with non-waterproof mascara that created black rivulets all the way down her cheeks.  Ever think how frustrating and humiliating it must be for all the veterans who got cut in Training Camp over the last 10 years to know that particular painful moment in their lives is now available to any Pluto subscriber and there's nothing they can do about it?  Unfortunately, if you sign up to be on a reality show, this is the kind of thing that can happen to you.  They want ratings, and they aren't above making people look like idiots to do so.  I don't believe, like some, that Kelli or even Charlotte have any real say-so in the editing process.  They may have the title of Executive Producer, but from what I've read no one gets editing privileges except the owners of the show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Is there ONE place we can see everyone's full solo? Or can we put all of the Instagram snippets (if there is where the  solos links are coming from) in one place - like a thread of its own? It would be easier to follow that way...

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, sATL said:

Is there ONE place we can see everyone's full solo? Or can we put all of the Instagram snippets (if there is were the  solos links are coming from) in one place - like a thread of its own? It would be easier to follow that way...

I'd LOVE to see that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

to all of who know about the dance moves/skills - 

Marisa did a move towards the end of what was shown of her solo, where she got up from the floor, on the front of her foot/toes. What is that move / skill/ technique called ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Misrepresenting performances and using editing to support their storylines and justify their bad decisions in disgusting. I hope there is major backlash from vets after this season...more ladies need to speak up. It’s clear the entire DCC organization does nothing to promote female empowerment or a healthy work environment for women. 

Yes! And stop calling it a bubble! If the women did not quarantine for 14 days with their own bathroom and bedroom, wear masks around others, and socially distance before entering a training camp, they did not create a bubble. There was time for the virus to incubate in someone. Add to training camp the obvious times where there was not strict social distancing or masking and the one day audition  members, and it was definitely not safe. 

For Hannah, if we’re just going by editing, give her a pass for school. She doesn’t have time to put in extra hours for practice like other team members do with her finals and projects in the two weeks she was there. Some could argue that other people did full time jobs, but at least with those, if you’ve been in them long enough, you could get less sleep to practice and go on autopilot with them. This is newer material that requires more sleep, and it’s masters level material. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

I guess now I’m the one missing something. We already knew that Heather retired and moved back to AZ.

lol mte, is she even on the squad this year? i thought she retired at the end of last season

Yeah, I think she's just listing good things that happened to her in 2020, which included having completed 4 years with DCC (retired spring 2020):

image.thumb.png.1ccc40e381b3aebdd36bd450f57e86c6.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Wahoodancer said:

Yes! And stop calling it a bubble! If the women did not quarantine for 14 days with their own bathroom and bedroom, wear masks around others, and socially distance before entering a training camp, they did not create a bubble. There was time for the virus to incubate in someone. Add to training camp the obvious times where there was not strict social distancing or masking and the one day audition  members, and it was definitely not safe. 

For Hannah, if we’re just going by editing, give her a pass for school. She doesn’t have time to put in extra hours for practice like other team members do with her finals and projects in the two weeks she was there. Some could argue that other people did full time jobs, but at least with those, if you’ve been in them long enough, you could get less sleep to practice and go on autopilot with them. This is newer material that requires more sleep, and it’s masters level material. 

Good point about Hannah busy with school. Goes back to my mystery question as to what did the vets do with their time .. who are the other Vets that are in school ?

Yes some did work full time jobs at home, but statistically, from an unemployment rate viewpoint, I would think some vets would have been laid off, or had more time on their hands , due to the shutdown. So they had time to create and polish routines.  Also at their level of dancing, it is possible they knew of of a small studio location where they could go dance and train.  Yes - ABC studio couldn't hold classes for children, but they could open up at 5 AM for a private solo client. And many studios did transition to online/zoom sessions.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

How long must the rookies keep quiet , if the made the team ?

When can the vets announce they are retiring ? 

Kinda a heard secret to keep quiet as I imagine they told quite a few people they were trying out in the 1st place (parents , siblings, cousins, boyfriends, former teachers, cheer/dance mates, personal trainers, etc).. so all of these people are supposed to not say anything or one just keeps avoiding the question/answer..

{just trying to think of how many family secrets of good news were kept in my own family...}

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

"In television, an executive producer may often be the writer, creator or lead in the series. An executive producer will be on the project of a television series or film from start to finish. They are in charge of multiple aspects of the projects including casting and hiring, writing, editing, financial decisions and scheduling." (Source: https://careertrend.com/what-does-an-executive-producer-do-13709780.html )EP's have a great deal of power.

Full disclosure: I refuse to purchase this season of DCC: MTT. I get my information from this board, and clips from here, IG, etc.

Having seen Kristen's performance to her original music and the clip of her audition (with ill fitting music), I personally would have like to have seen her do more. However, she was given more than a bad edit, it was a very deceptive edit. In using their choice of music (which was the equivalent of using jive music to a waltz), of course she wasn't hitting poses or moves on specific beats. When seeing it with the original music, she did put emphasis type moves where they belonged. The words of Kanye West made the theme of her dance obvious. We were not allowed to see/hear it as it was intended to be seen/heard in any way shape or form. 

The fact that several CURRENT DCC commented on or liked Kristen's practice video when they normally are too afraid to say anything but "Yes Ma'am" to TPTB, speaks volumes. I'm sure this season hasn't been a lot of fun for the rookies not being allowed to announce they made the team til after the season has ended and the veterans for not having many opportunities to perform. Add in losing 4 of their team mates through cuts,  perhaps many of them have decided to hang it up after this season and are upset enough to speak out regardless of the consequences. Everyone has a breaking point, and some of these gals seem to have reached it.

Yes, I think some of her accents could have been harder. But it was still technically proficient and well choreographed to the music. The edit made it look much worse. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

I know people will be upset with my opinion, but there's an old saying.....if you got a message, call Western Union.  Kristin is auditioning for a professional, competitive cheerleading team.  Arguably the best in the country.  I've had a lot of complaints about Kelli, Judy, et al in the past, but they were watching 42 or something dancers who each had composed a solo routine with the intention of being judged on it to make/stay on the team and possibly get into Show Group.  And they are supposed to recognize that one woman is using it to make a statement about racism?  Was that all Kristin wanted to do....make a statement?  Or was she also trying to deliver a top notch, quality dance performance that shows off her incredible talent?  Because that's what she was supposed to be doing.  That's what Charlotte, Melissa, Kitty and the others were judging her on, yet now those same people are being roasted for being insensitive and the show lambasted for editing. 

You're upset that Kristin got a bad edit?  I wonder how Vivian feels watching You Tube for the last 5 plus years and hearing K&J pretty much laughing at her for the original poem she wrote and read to them, or Chelsea, in Groundhog Day fashion, reliving her embarrassing dismissal from TC over and over.  I'm sure Victoria would love to crawl in a hole everytime CMT airs the episode where she got cut from the team and responded with tears mixed with non-waterproof mascara that created black rivulets all the way down her cheeks.  Ever think how frustrating and humiliating it must be for all the veterans who got cut in Training Camp over the last 10 years to know that particular painful moment in their lives is now available to any Pluto subscriber and there's nothing they can do about it?  Unfortunately, if you sign up to be on a reality show, this is the kind of thing that can happen to you.  They want ratings, and they aren't above making people look like idiots to do so.  I don't believe, like some, that Kelli or even Charlotte have any real say-so in the editing process.  They may have the title of Executive Producer, but from what I've read no one gets editing privileges except the owners of the show.  

I think more people are upset with the horseshit edit than Kristen making a statement.  They went on and on about how awful it was but she still made the squad. So basically they said ‘Who’s solo can we mercilessly rip for ratings/drama?’  We’ve still not seen any reason for Brennan and Lily’s cuts. Can we please just see dancing?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I don't think making a statement on racism is 'unprofessional.'

Agreed - look how many Fortune 500 companies made statements this year! Shoot, my own CEO not only made recorded statements to our entire org but he also took the opportunity to declare Juneteenth a company-wide holiday. Disregarding and blatantly ignoring human rights is unprofessional. 

Not to mention the ENTIRE NFL org rebranded to support BLM with special messaging in the end zones, allowing players to wear apparel and display messaging on their helmets, etc. And what about MBMC? That's literally the TPTB encouraging the team to support causes. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
12 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I’m sure this will be unpopular but Kristin’s solo she posted is horrible. Just because someone WANTS to speak out against social justice (And most of us do!) and chooses a particular “song” to play, does not make a dance performance good. Kudos to Kristin for what she tried to do… some of her dance moves were good.  But no one can say that she did the song justice. The judges reaction on the show was live and immediate after they saw it with the correct music. No conspiracies to taint Kristin...It just wasn’t good.  This is supposed to be Show Group auditions, not a social justice performance art gathering.  Also, like EVERY other dance on the show, they can’t use the actual music she used because of that artist’s licensing prohibiting them to do so, so CMT has to pick something else.  What other music would you have chosen to go with such a strange solo??

Dance can be more than just the steps. It's about portraying emotion, feeling and often a message. Sure, it wasn't filled with perfect precision or technique (she's only in the studio and I know she has better technique than that) but it goes beyond that. I loved that she went bold for this one and am very annoyed (but not surprised) at the edit. 

• Love 19

I really liked seeing the solos and all the dancing but wish we could see even more.  Happy to see Chandi get SG and Kitty back🙌. I agree with the choices for SG.  All of the girls they picked are really good.  I am just noticing this year that ppl that normally standout, the talent seems more even.  I can see a lot of the rookies making SG next year depending on who moves on.  I am amazed how awesome the rookies are!  Even with the talent present, I believe SG should consist more of veterans like this season.  Would like to know more about Jalyn.  Also, not sure why the reaction to Kristin’s performance.   Maybe because the panel is older and don’t appreciate that style.  Everyone knows the lyrical routines and Maddie’s hip hop are enthusiastically welcome. I have 😶 

• Love 7

If they didn’t like her solo or didn’t get it that’s fine and for people who didn’t like it that’s fine too but for them to completely edit it to some kind of “she messed up the timing” and I get the copyrights issues but they usually add in a song that’s somewhat familiar to what they were dancing to so for them to purposely choose a song to fit that “timing” narrative is what’s disgusting. 

I’m a dancer and if someone was putting me in a light saying I had bad technique and tell me my timing was off when I wasn’t. I would be pissed off. I hope Kristin’s response motivated Brennan and Hannah to speak up and tell their side when the show is over. 

• Love 24

Given the history of what is considered important to be a DCC I don't think I would have chosen that solo or song either, but that was Kristen's choice and she apparently has no regrets.  That's fine also.  It just wasn't a "safe" thing to do as an audition piece for DCC.

But I don't understand either why it was okay for Jay to ask a TCC what she think of the "wall" being built during a panel interview.  Maybe he was just trying to find out if she knew what it was.

What was Kristen's "boot cause" or whatever you call it.  Didn't it relate to being deaf?  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 5

DCCxMemes (@dccxmemes) • Instagram photos and videos

Kristin's solo to Baby Shark lol.    She is really getting a lot of attention in a good way.  I am sure Kelli and Charlotte are fuming. 

Not sure why this video didn't show up on here but it is worth going and watching it.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

DCCxMemes (@dccxmemes) • Instagram photos and videos

Kristin's solo to Baby Shark lol.    She is really getting a lot of attention in a good way.  I am sure Kelli and Charlotte are fuming. 

Not sure why this video didn't show up on here but it is worth going and watching it.  

Tbh it fits baby shark better than the music TBTB chose 🤣

Edited by INKWTWH
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, INKWTWH said:

So I haven't seen the most recent episode but in the last one, I was specifically looking out for Hannah dancing. There were quite a few clips of her dancing with her group (loved this) and apart from the one stumble they featured, she was her powerful self. Like Kat was doing really well and I thought they looked comparable. And they were both sooooo much more noticeable than Tess, which I'm sure surprises exactly no one. 

Also when Jalyn's group turned around to begin their dance, she was the first one I noticed. Not SG material, my ass.

Honestly who cares abt show group this year they aren’t doing any shows 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Haven't read any of the comments from last night yet but my God still SHOVING Veruca down our throat, it was sickening, "oh look at Veruca at point, I wouldn't want to dance next to Veruca, oh Veruca..." I haven't been this annoyed with her in a long time but nothing has changed with TPTB, i'm so disgusted just let the sleeping dog lie we get it there's never been or never will be a better cheerleader in all of DCC history its maddening... 

• Love 16

Does anyone else feel completely disconnected from this group of rookies? Most years I enjoy all the focus being on the new girls and getting to know them, picking favorites, etc - but this year I truly couldn't care about any of them (save for Armani - she's a star). I'd much rather follow the story lines of last year's rookies as they progress through their second season. 

• Love 24
36 minutes ago, INKWTWH said:

I'm still salty about last year. And I'll probs still be salty about it next year. For example: does anyone else remember LSU Kat who didn't make it into training camp despite being amazing in her audition? Because I do. 

I feel the same way about UCLA Katy, Daphne's friend? I thought she was amazing, but they said she looked soft or something like it. Actually they said this... (Thanks to Fandom 😄)

That’s Katy. – K/ I like her. – Charm/ But compared to Ashley next to her, in terms of a power blonde, you get the same look with no fluff. – K/ Right, but Katy is a great dancer. – J   

Can you imagine being the girl they said had "fluff"? 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Not sure  when VKs quarantine was meant to start / end and I am not even sure what the specific rules are...

The rules seem to change to fit the situation.  Which is truly heinous.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

It’s true. Victoria hasn’t danced at the last two games. Kelli was not at the second to last game.

But VK although didn’t dance we know she was there, I posted the pic of her in her my cause my boots at the stadium so she must’ve hid in the locker room.

Interestingly Judy responded to a comment from DCC_Insider on insta I’ll try and post the screen shot but it shouts at me the file is too big 😂😅

Just now, KellyKapowski said:

Judy's response to the Kristin situation. I don't know if this has been posted on here, but I just saw this on the Shade & Sun FB group. 

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 12.45.02 PM.png

Ahh yeah that was me. Thanks was just trying to upload this on here 😂

11 hours ago, kalibean said:

Edited my post for clarity! She’s hanging up her poms and moving back to Arizona. Four years of long distance is a lot, so extra good on her and her bf for sticking it out. (And their dog is adorable too!)

Thought heather had already retired? She retired same time as Amy, Bridget etc their season technically ends just before try outs which was 2020 so that’s why she’s put about retiring from DCC for 2020

2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I wonder if there would have been too much of a royalty fee to pay to Kanye, since she danced to his song?

maybe, but surprisingly this season i've heard a lotttt of super popular music. dua lipa, harry styles, doja cat, for some examples. they could've at least picked something closer to the style she was doing smh

• Love 9

I loved that they are featuring Caroline more this year, she is an amazing dancer. I really hope she gets point some day!

The video on dccxmeme’s Insta showing Kristen with Baby Shark music is hilarious (and I always wonder if someone who posts or reads here does that account - they seem to know all the inside stuff posted about on here). I thought Kristen’s routine was fine to the real song (not amazing, not bad) but the edit was ridiculous and I can see why she was so offended since she had such a strong message about why she did it and they reduced her to doing weird motions to bad music on the show. Kudos to her for speaking out, she is a strong courageous woman. 

Let’s see - loved Ashley last night too! She is fun to watch on the hip hop dances (I like her style better than Maddie). Chandi did look sexy, I think she is doing great. 

I thought VK does dance well and looks great but if she was made point some day over Amanda, I just would not get it. Amanda is amazing, one of my favorites in years. She seems so mature and professional and would be a great spokesperson on top of an amazing dancer. She has that “It” factor! 

I am very impressed with almost all the rookies. They really are amazing. I wasn’t sure what to think about Marissa at first based on the Tik Tok stuff but I have enjoyed watching her dance and liked her interviews as well. I wish we got to know the girls better, I feel like I know all of them less than normal. Jada’s kicks were amazing last night, they always want perfect kicks from a tall person and she certainly fits that plus has a very unique and pretty look. 

The two rookies I don’t really get - Sydney and Alora Rose. I feel like we haven’t seen enough to justify them making the team over Hannah and Brennan. 

Meredith should never made the team based on what they have shown so I think her cut was more than justified. She does seem like a sweet person though, I felt bad for her. She is very pretty even without makeup.

• Love 19