Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I'd rather they be called out for having a diverse team than for not having one.  Maybe it will evolve into them opening their eyes and realizing there are beautiful, talented WOC who are just as worthy of being DCCs as blending blondes. 

Cut women who are talented to be diversified ..??? Something is wrong with this. It would be one thing if they had cut persons such as VK, Lisa, Savannah .  But to cut persons such as Hannah ? Seriously don’t even try to validate the decision. 

• Love 7

A casting Director from Netflix looking for people for a dating show has PM'd Kat, she made a comment on her last insta post. Does this mean we may be rid of Kat sooner than we expect?

If there isnt much going on this season she would be foolish not to take an opportunity to make her more famous when it's clearly what she wants, especially as the shit is really hitting the fan over her extra curricular activities.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Cut women who are talented to be diversified ..??? Something is wrong with this. It would be one thing if they had cut persons such as VK, Lisa, Savannah .  But to cut persons such as Hannah ? Seriously don’t even try to validate the decision. 

That's not what happened at all.  Go back and read what both Brennan and Hannah have said on SM.  They were cut for raising legitimate concerns about COVID.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

So is it safe to say that Meredith will be posting about her being released from the team tomorrow? lol

Even though I am not a fan of Meredith, I am intrigued and interested to see what she has to say about all of this. But I highly doubt we are going to get anything. We'll see...

• Love 5

Personally, does anyone think that Dementia Kelli (Thats what I will call her from now on, Dementia Kelli) is just repeating the "nasty way" she gave Melissa Rycroft for having mono and then favoritism to Cassie for having the exact same thing during camp, to Brennan? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Is Annabelle a WOC?

I don't think she considers herself to be a WOC, it is just her last name. Her fathers name is from the Caucasus area, so he is actually a real Caucasian.

I wonder whether Rachel Wyatt considers herself to be a WOC (mom is Japanese), or Kristin or Tess.

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I don't think she considers herself to be a WOC, it is just her last name. Her fathers name is from the Caucasus area, so he is actually a real Caucasian.

I wonder whether Rachel Wyatt considers herself to be a WOC (mom is Japanese), or Kristin or Tess.

I feel like Kristin probably does. She. Alanna and Lisa did a video for hispanic heritage month on instagram (although they could have been forced). What is Tess's background?

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

I feel like Kristin probably does. She. Alanna and Lisa did a video for hispanic heritage month on instagram (although they could have been forced). What is Tess's background?

Tess is Cajun!

As the horrible person I am, I was hoping desperately for a TC, disregarding the fact that it could jeopardize the health of all participants, and I was very happy when it took place. Eventhough horrible things happened during TC and Kelli showed herself once again to be a East Texas despot, I am again being a horrible person because I am actually excited to have a new team!

Brennan cut and I am excited for the new team and I can't wait to see them! Hannah tossed aside like a her efforts do not mean anything, and I am so fired up to see Alora Rose and Amanda dance together. Kat proven to be a rule breaker (I read homewrecker even, disregarding the players role in his own home wrecking), and I still want to see what she is up to! I am angry that Jalyn didn't get to dance on the SG but I want to see her again so I need to watch the show again. My good person has been taken hostage by my need to see the girls again.

I feel bad that looking at the names of the new DCC 2020-2021 feels so good. There are some great new girls on there and I must give it to Kelli: the team is definitely more glamorous! The beauty bar has been raised (not counting Daphne, who's looks are as exciting as her blog during TC) and I am all for it! Thinking about it, Amy's retirement automatically raised the beauty bar so the beauty bar is even higher!

Jada is going to be great. Her kicks are a dream. I am already #TeamJada

1. Alanna
  2. Alora Rose
  3. Amanda
  4. Amber
  5. Armani
  6. Ashlee
  7. Briana
  8. Caroline
  9. Chandi
  10. Cici
  11. Claire
  12. Dani
  13. Daphne
  14. Darian
  15. Elli
  16. Erin
  17. Gina
  18. Jada
  19. Jalyn
  20. Jessica
  21. Kat
  22. Kelcey
  23. Kristin
  24. Lexie
  25. Lisa
  26. Maddie
  27. Madeline
  28. Marissa
  29. McKenzie
  30. Rachel A
  31. Rachel W
  32. Savvy
  33. Sydney
  34. Taylor
  35. Tess
  36. Victoria

It is a horrible world out there, and I am part of it.

Edited by Pau84
typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Not trying to validate anything.  I just don't believe that anyone got cut because somebody else is black.  The squad needs to be more diverse.  Period.  No reason they can't field a talented squad with both WOC and as many Hannas as they can find.  It doesn't have to be either or.

Agree.  But don’t cut a Hannah if others are not as good or cut those who are less talented regardless of diversity 

Edited by forumborum
Misspelled
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Even though I am not a fan of Meredith, I am intrigued and interested to see what she has to say about all of this. But I highly doubt we are going to get anything. We'll see...

I think Meredith will not comment on anything because none of the comments about her cut have shown outrage or sadness. They pretty much all have been men. Oh well, or worse yet, yeah this was expected. She is probably more depressed by people's reactions to her cut than the actual cut. ☹

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Agree.  But don’t cut a Hannah if others are not as good or cut those who are less talented regardless of diversity 

Hannah was cut because she voiced concerns about workplace safety due to COVID, period.   And to suggest the WOC are less talented but make the team because they are black is unfair.  From what I'm hearing the rookie WOC's have strong dance backgrounds and deserve to make the team.  The only one who is questionable is Sydney due to character issues, not her race.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Tess is Cajun!

As the horrible person I am, I was hoping desperately for a TC, disregarding the fact that it could jeopardize the health of all participants, and I was very happy when it took place. Eventhough horrible things happened during TC and Kelli showed herself once again to be a East Texas despot, I am again being a horrible person because I am actually excited to have a new team!

Brennan cut and I am excited for the new team and I can't wait to see them! Hannah tossed aside like a her efforts do not mean anything, and I am so fired up to see Alora Rose and Amanda dance together. Kat proven to be a rule breaker (I read homewrecker even, disregarding the players role in his own home wrecking), and I still want to see what she is up to! I am angry that Jalyn didn't get to dance on the SG but I want to see her again so I need to watch the show again. My good person has been taken hostage by my need to see the girls again.

I feel bad that looking at the names of the new DCC 2020-2021 feels so good. There are some great new girls on there and I must give it to Kelli: the team is definitely more glamorous! The beauty bar has been raised (not counting Daphne, who's looks are as exciting as her blog during TC) and I am all for it! Thinking about it, Amy's retirement automatically raised the beauty bar so the beauty bar is even higher!

1. Alanna
  2. Alora Rose
  3. Amanda
  4. Amber
  5. Armani
  6. Ashlee
  7. Briana
  8. Caroline
  9. Chandi
  10. Cici
  11. Claire
  12. Dani
  13. Daphne
  14. Darian
  15. Elli
  16. Erin
  17. Gina
  18. Jada
  19. Jalyn
  20. Jessica
  21. Kat
  22. Kelcey
  23. Kristin
  24. Lexie
  25. Lisa
  26. Maddie
  27. Madeline
  28. Marissa
  29. McKenzie
  30. Rachel A
  31. Rachel W
  32. Savvy
  33. Sydney
  34. Taylor
  35. Tess
  36. Victoria

I wish I could muster your enthusiasm. I hurt for Lily, Hannah, Brennan, and even Meredith. I have no clue who these new gals are and I guess I will only get to know them through what is said on the boards as I have no intention of giving TPTB my support/ through viewership of MTT. Heaven knows they won't doing many appearances and aside from perhaps a random snippet of them on the touchdown decks, we won't be seeing them on game days. (Full disclosure, I'm a Ravens fan so that lessens the chance of my seeing more than one or two of their games on tv).

• Love 13

I heard the vets who were cut were much stronger than some of the rookies who made it, but Kelli was hellbent on being able to claim (given the current racial unrest) that this is the most diverse team ever. She probably thinks it'll make for great publicity. I also believe they also thought dancing wasn’t as important this year given that the girls won’t be on the field. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I heard the vets who were cut were much stronger than some of the rookies who made it, but Kelli was hellbent on being able to claim (given the current racial unrest) that this is the most diverse team ever. I also believe they also thought dancing wasn’t as important this year given that the girls won’t be on the field. 

That makes me really sad. Dancing should always be important even in a year when they may not perform as much. How do you call yourself a world class organization if you don't hire the best of the best. I think they have really lost their way. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Tess is Cajun!

1. Alanna
  2. Alora Rose
  3. Amanda
  4. Amber
  5. Armani
  6. Ashlee
  7. Briana
  8. Caroline
  9. Chandi
  10. Cici
  11. Claire
  12. Dani
  13. Daphne
  14. Darian
  15. Elli
  16. Erin
  17. Gina
  18. Jada
  19. Jalyn
  20. Jessica
  21. Kat
  22. Kelcey
  23. Kristin
  24. Lexie
  25. Lisa
  26. Maddie
  27. Madeline
  28. Marissa
  29. McKenzie
  30. Rachel A
  31. Rachel W
  32. Savvy
  33. Sydney
  34. Taylor
  35. Tess
  36. Victoria

Thanks for expressing exactly how I feel.  This season gives new meaning to guilty pleasure.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I heard the vets who were cut were much stronger than some of the rookies who made it, but Kelli was hellbent on being able to claim (given the current racial unrest) that this is the most diverse team ever. She probably thinks it'll make for great publicity. I also believe they also thought dancing wasn’t as important this year given that the girls won’t be on the field. 

If that's true then Kelli was going to keep the WOC anyway and Hannah and Brennan were cut for non-talent reasons.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, jlc said:

No, I think Kelli has lost her loyalty. She is no longer wanting world class dancers, wholesome women, outstanding ambassadors for the team. She wants to go to CMT Afterparties and hang out with Kelly Pickler and Raelyn. She wants to be friends with Entertainment Tonight and other Hollywood shows. She wants people to hire her for Birthday wishes and happy anniversary posts. She wants to be bigger than the team. This woman has destroyed the credibility of the team to maintain her ego. 

You have hit the nail on the head.  EXACTLY!  That's why it's time for her to go (past time, actually).  Kelli, it should be about the time -- not YOU!

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Is it the most diverse team of the MTT/CMT era? I’m sure Kelli did want more diversity. The team needed it, and the last 3 vets who got cut (before this latest round) at auditions were all WOC. Nonetheless, I can’t help but side-eye the suggestion (not referring to any one specific post) that because they took a more diverse squad, talent must have been overlooked for diversity, Hannah/Brennan, etc must have been cut for the black girls. I say this as someone who is a big fan of Hannah and Brennan and as someone who has been posting about Kelli’s poor management for years.

Also, unless Lily and Meredith improved tenfold over the last year, I find it hard to believe that they are much stronger in dance than the rookies who made it. Comparable, sure. But much stronger? I very much doubt that. Meredith is probably the weakest DCC-style dancer that made the team in years.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is it the most diverse team of the MTT/CMT era? I’m sure Kelli did want more diversity. The team needed it, and the last 3 vets who got cut (before this latest round) at auditions were all WOC. Nonetheless, I can’t help but side-eye the suggestion (not referring to any one specific post) that because they took a more diverse squad, talent must have been overlooked for diversity, Hannah/Brennan, etc must have been cut for the black girls. I say this as someone who is a big fan of Hannah and Brennan and as someone who has been posting about Kelli’s poor management for years.

Also, unless Lily and Meredith improved tenfold over the last year, I find it hard to believe that they are much stronger in dance than the rookies who made it. Comparable, sure. But much stronger? I very much doubt that. Meredith is probably the weakest DCC-style dancer that made the team in years.

Fair points.

• Love 5

Even if Kelli HAD wanted a more diverse team, there were enough talented WOC that she could have chosen them (and Claire W) to fill in the spots left by the retiring vets.  She didn't need to cut ANY of the vets.  Even if she HAD to cut vets, there were plenty of vets who could have been cut before Brennan and Hannah and people would have just shrugged their shoulders and said "Oh well.  They were some of the weaker girls on the squad."  Kelli wanted DRAMA.  She wanted RATINGS.  She really didn't have a GOOD reason to cut any of the solid veterans until she decided Brennan "didn't look well enough to perform through a game" or whatever faux health concern she used to cut Brennan despite keeping other girls in the past for illness or injury.  She also cut Hannah for daring to question the so-called "safety protocols" during the Training Camp.  How DARE someone actually question that Kelli doesn't have the health or safety of the girls (or anyone else) in mind?  Yes, the snark and sarcasm are strong in me this morning.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

A casting Director from Netflix looking for people for a dating show has PM'd Kat, she made a comment on her last insta post. Does this mean we may be rid of Kat sooner than we expect?

If there isnt much going on this season she would be foolish not to take an opportunity to make her more famous when it's clearly what she wants, especially as the shit is really hitting the fan over her extra curricular activities.

Wait what???  Was this in a story that expired?  Because I'm not seeing anything in a regular post

44 minutes ago, jlc said:

No, I think Kelli has lost her loyalty. She is no longer wanting world class dancers, wholesome women, outstanding ambassadors for the team. She wants to go to CMT Afterparties and hang out with Kelly Pickler and Raelyn. She wants to be friends with Entertainment Tonight and other Hollywood shows. She wants people to hire her for Birthday wishes and happy anniversary posts. She wants to be bigger than the team. This woman has destroyed the credibility of the team to maintain her ego. 

Can I love your post 1,000 times?  I've always maintained that Kelli changed since she started hanging out with Chris Harrison (host of the Bachelor/Bachelorette).  She wants MTT to be like the Bachelor TV show.....the "most dramatic season ever".....even if it is at the expense of supremely talented dancers.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Kelli Finglass has been harshly degrading ladies for years. The difference now is social media went nuts and now I’m expecting full on damage control. This board is nothing, though. No one cares what we think. 😊😬 

Agreed.  Someone said that her only reaction to the fan outrage over these cuts was to chuckle and say "they'll get over it."

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Would the fact that Hannah and Brennan’s posts still up mean TPTB have no grounds to take it down?  I would have assumed by now both posts would have gone *poof* but I am now thinking at this point the girls might have legal representation. 

Edited by JerseyGirl
Typos
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

I wish I was tech savvy enough to download the scence when Meagan Flaherty went off on Kelli in the office being cut from training camp. God rest her soul she wasn't a great dancer but in light of what's happened the past few days seeing Kelli's shocked eyes wondering if Meagan was going to climb across the desk at her is just what I need to see this morning!!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

I noticed this picture taken in March when they received pinkie rings. 

This was Group 4 last year, what the hell happened in this group that this year there were 4 vet cuts and 2 vet retirees. 

97ADBB2F-9E56-4D81-BF28-A818DC42BF83.jpeg

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 2

From Lily:

image.png.acf60abd2919b6bd8dc488bc808fa5fc.png

2 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

This was Group 4 last year, what the hell happened in this group that this year there were 4 vet cuts and 2 vet retirees. 

Molly is the only retiree there, it's the OTHER Taylor who retired.  But still, 4 cut and 1 retiree isn't so great either.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I noticed this picture taken in March when they received pinkie rings. 

VK spent more time with these girls and thus had more things to share with TPTB . . .

• Useful 14
  • Love 2

But seriously, how are they going to spin the Hannah cut for the show? 😂 Because from the wording of her Instagram post, it sounds like someone ended up testing positive for COVID, thus making them do the end of training camp virtually, thus PROVING that Hannah was correct to question the “safety” protocols! I meannnnn 😂 I guess realistically they’ll just totally edit her out. 

The more I think about it the more I think the real winner of this training camp was Taylor J for not having to participate in the DCC bubble. Good for her. (But also serves to prove that Hannah was correct in that decisions were made that compromised safety just for ratings)

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

This was Group 4 last year

If I were Taylor J, I would be sooo happy I elected to do the 1-day audition option or else I would be thinking it could have been me too.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

Would the fact that Hannah and Brennan’s posts still up mean TPTB have no grounds to take it down?  I would have assumed by now both posts would have gone *poof* but I am now thinking at this point the girls might have legal representation. 

I have a feeling that right now there are conversations between attorneys for the DCC and attorneys for the girls.

• Love 23

I wonder how the other girls are feeling right now. I’d like to believe that I would have enough personal conviction in my beliefs to quit at this point. I get that it might not be that easy for some and that it’s their dream and sisterhood and everything, but I truly don’t think I could continue to work for an organization that actively compromised my health and safety for reality tv. Not that there weren’t other valid reasons to quit before (like the organization being racist) I’m just wondering if any of the girls are having second thoughts at this point.

Edited by bunny
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, bunny said:

But seriously, how are they going to spin the Hannah cut for the show? 😂 Because from the wording of her Instagram post, it sounds like someone ended up testing positive for COVID, thus making them do the end of training camp virtually, thus PROVING that Hannah was correct to question the “safety” protocols! I meannnnn 😂 I guess realistically they’ll just totally edit her out. 

The more I think about it the more I think the real winner of this training camp was Taylor J for not having to participate in the DCC bubble. Good for her. (But also serves to prove that Hannah was correct in that decisions were made that compromised safety just for ratings)

I wonder if they'll do what they did with Erika a few years ago and just edit her out entirely.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Not trying to validate anything.  I just don't believe that anyone got cut because somebody else is black.  The squad needs to be more diverse.  Period.  No reason they can't field a talented squad with both WOC and as many Hannas as they can find.  It doesn't have to be either or.

I totally agree. In many cases, a big reason a vet is cut is because she's fallen out of favor with TPTB.  To some extent I believe that this year there was a more conscious attempt to include WOC; but I don't think the new WOC rookies are any less talented than some vets on the team. It's not about dance ability or being a good ambassador. It's about how much DCC kool-aid you drink, and how much "yes ma'am-ing" you do. Kelli acts like dictator who doesn't want anyone on the team that she can't control. We have all seen how she rewards her favorites, and punishes those who aren't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, bunny said:

I'd been thinking about the bubble breach too and was thinking for a couple of days it could have been Kashara leaving to go to a former dcc's bachelorette party and returning. Or even Taylor J's one day audition, unless she didn't have contact with anyone or anything in the bubble technically it breached it.

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, TxBex said:

I totally agree. In many cases, a big reason a vet is cut is because she's fallen out of favor with TPTB.  To some extent I believe that this year there was a more conscious attempt to include WOC; but I don't think the new WOC rookies are any less talented than some vets on the team. It's not about dance ability or being a good ambassador. It's about how much DCC kool-aid you drink, and how much "yes ma'am-ing" you do. Kelli acts like dictator who doesn't want anyone on the team that she can't control. We have all seen how she rewards her favorites, and punishes those who aren't.

I've always thought this. I think she knows before auditions which vets she is cutting, and is based on something they did to displease her during the season. The deliberations over said vet at auditions are just for the show. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

I'd been thinking about the bubble breach too and was thinking for a couple of days it could have been Kashara leaving to go to a former dcc's bachelorette party and returning. Or even Taylor J's one day audition, unless she didn't have contact with anyone or anything in the bubble technically it breached it.

Kashara never returned to the bubble she did the last podcast from her home 

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, bunny said:

They probably won't show her cut like they did with Erica and a few other rookie TCCs who were cut in previous years.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 3
Just now, MrsEVH said:

They probably won't show her cut like they did with Erica and a few other rookie TCCs who were cut 

But what about Brennan?  It would be difficult to show one vet cut and blow off another.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Kashara never returned to the bubble she did the last podcast from her home 

Haha the last ones the only  one I hadn't got to watch yet. I'm actually really glad, I didn't like the idea of Kashara potentially being somewhat at fault.

• Love 3