Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Just now, ByTor said:

Jenna wasn't cut for fraternizing, so the only thing I could think is that maybe Holly's was more about being underage in a bar?

I understood it to be that she was out drinking in a bar with players. So underage drinking and fraternizing in public for everyone to see. That is different from a rumor about what you might be doing in private.

• Love 7

I’m still depressed about Hannah and Brennan’s cuts, my heart aches for these ladies 💔

But I’m also so fucking mad and K and J! (I have a feeling Kelli was behind this more so than Judy) I might need to bring this up in my counseling appointment later today all this negative energy and rage can’t be healthy 🤦🏾‍♀️

• Love 11
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hannah--one of the FB pages said her cut was due to weight gain.  There are a couple of DCC "fan" pages and I'm not sure which one said it.

Not shooting the messenger here thanks for posting it, but weight gain seriously? Have we not seen videos of her on her IG she looked amazing but I guess the only one who deserves the respect to lose any extra weight if Victoria. If they use weight gain for the reason I better see a double chin & a honey boo boo belly!

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

I’m not super invested in any of the ladies, but even I am shocked about the vets being cut while others who are far weaker dancers (Kat, VK mainly) stay. I mean, am I really supposed to believe that they outdanced those girls? I don’t even dislike Kat or VK but it’s baffling to me. Especially Brennan. If she was performing poorly, she should have been cut some slack. The symptoms of COVID-19 have been known to linger for weeks and even months after you have it and certainly would affect her ability to dance as normal. If there were concerns, why let her back to training camp at all?

For VK, probably the usual nepotism. It stopped bothering me a long time ago because nepotism is just a fact of life. One would hope she would be doing everything in her power to prove herself, but I guess I would expend the energy either if I knew I didn’t have to do much to stay on the team. It is what it is.

For Kat, while I hate to say this, I suspect she was kept due to diversity. The allegations about her sleeping around...meh. Not something I would personally do, but it’s her life. It’s happened before and it will happen again regardless of any anti-fraternization policy. It’s a misogynistic rule that fails to hold the players responsible for anything that happens and punishes women for being desirable. Maybe whoever she is allegedly sleeping with can get her some better wigs.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Jenna wasn't cut for fraternizing, so the only thing I could think is that maybe Holly's was more about being underage in a bar?

While I have no proof of this, I don’t think Holly’s punishment (Or subsequently Jenna’s) was actually about anything other than the player who Holly was supposedly seeing. That same player was involved in a very high profile NFL investigation that year and was in the news quite a bit. If she had been out in public with some no name, random player, I question if any of that would’ve been anywhere near as big of an issue. 

This is also why I thunk the non-frat policy is silly. If embarrassment or controversy is really what they’re concerned about (and I think that’s what it is), there are other ways to address that in the contract. They clearly don’t actually care about cheerleaders dating players (nor should they, IMO), so just get rid of that rule. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

So basically DCC coaches and staff don’t care about fraternizing with players? Good to know. They should do perfectly fine with some of their new girls then. Seeing as how one of the new girls screws players too. They should just axe the rule Altogether if they don’t care about how it paints the DCC image. One of the teams I danced for didn’t play about this sort of thing AT ALL. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hannah--one of the FB pages said her cut was due to weight gain.  There are a couple of DCC "fan" pages and I'm not sure which one said it.

Kelcey definitely has a softer stomach this year. 🙄  She had plenty of time to get that straightened out!  She should of been cut if TPTB want to cut people for their weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

Yes! It's amazing to me that Kat, a mediocre dancer at best by DCC standards, gets a free pass, while Holly P., who IMHO, was one the best dancers DCC has had, is racked over the coals for the same infraction of the rules. Don't get me wrong ~ I like Kat, but rules are rules regardless of how archaic they might be to some. TPTB, IMHO, owe Holly P. a HUGE apology if they let the situation with Kat fly under the radar. Just my 2 cents.

I thought I had posted this last night but maybe changed my mind...

Holly was underage in the bars, messing around with a very well known player with a party boy reputation, lied to their faces about it AND had a shitty attitude when called out on it.  And while it seems most of us think she was fired off camera, the show told us she resigned voluntarily.  She either got let go or didn't like being told what to do and quit.  Yes, she's a great dancer, but she didn't have any leadership roles in the organization and was a right snot when things weren't going her way.  And while they do need great dancers on the field and in performances, they also need strong ambassadors.  She's not as strong at that side of the house, which IMO, was just a maturity thing.  She grew up a big fish in a small town, and is learning a lot as she's going through her early 20's now.

Jenna was caught messing around with a player too, but it doesn't seem like she was punished until the Holly thing happened.  Keeping things on the DL seems to be more of leadership's concern, and they only whip out the contract to point it out when they have to do so.  To me, that means take out the NEVER and replace with disclose/discreet/mindyourbusiness, but for whatever reason they haven't done so.  So for whatever reason, Paige was fine and Kat and Sydney might be too.  Not like there's a ton of rhyme or reason with these things, especially if Sydney had a pre-existing relationship.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Just to clarify, Holly wasn't cut -- she quit because she's a spoiled, entitled child who didn't like that she got scolded after being caught in a lie.

That's what I think. As much as she could dance, she really came off as incredibly entitled and spoiled. Like people have told her how great she is her whole life. "I put myself up here...." said it all.

Just now, ByTor said:

LOL

image.png.863c4b4bdb324e595888643c60bf416a.png

Damn I wish I would have said that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL

image.png.863c4b4bdb324e595888643c60bf416a.png

To whoever replied with this, thank you! I literally typed a very similar response to Kat and deleted it three times! I figured i didn't want to taint Brennan's post...

• Love 16
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

I thought I had posted this last night but maybe changed my mind...

Holly was underage in the bars, messing around with a very well known player with a party boy reputation, lied to their faces about it AND had a shitty attitude when called out on it.  And while it seems most of us think she was fired off camera, the show told us she resigned voluntarily.  She either got let go or didn't like being told what to do and quit.  Yes, she's a great dancer, but she didn't have any leadership roles in the organization and was a right snot when things weren't going her way.  And while they do need great dancers on the field and in performances, they also need strong ambassadors.  She's not as strong at that side of the house, which IMO, was just a maturity thing.  She grew up a big fish in a small town, and is learning a lot as she's going through her early 20's now.

Jenna was caught messing around with a player too, but it doesn't seem like she was punished until the Holly thing happened.  Keeping things on the DL seems to be more of leadership's concern, and they only whip out the contract to point it out when they have to do so.  To me, that means take out the NEVER and replace with disclose/discreet/mindyourbusiness, but for whatever reason they haven't done so.  So for whatever reason, Paige was fine and Kat and Sydney might be too.  Not like there's a ton of rhyme or reason with these things, especially if Sydney had a pre-existing relationship.

“Pre-existing” Sydney left one dance team for another. She was sleeping with a player after making the team there ...that player was cut and sent to Dallas. Is it making sense now? Not to mention, she’s dealing with someone who is still very much involved with another woman. She knows this. She is just hoping he’ll finally give her a shot at a title so she won’t look stupid for trying to follow him to Dallas. I’m sure they’ll select her anyway because she has experience on a pro team, but their rules are just pointless if they don’t apply to all. 

• Love 9

Brennan sincerely breaks my heart ❤️ It’s time for Kelli to retire or let go. She no longer knows the definition of ambassador or role model. She thinks to highly of herself and allows mediocre to stay and let classy go. Do you really believe that Kat and VK are better role models than Brennan, with all the mental health issues in the world Hannah would be a great ambassador. It’s time for the Cowboys organization to revamp the leadership of DCC. She herself is not a great ambassador.  I will not watch the show this year my heart will be unable to watch these cuts. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, TB12 said:

To whoever replied with this, thank you! I literally typed a very similar response to Kat and deleted it three times! I figured i didn't want to taint Brennan's post...

Cat's out of the bag now.

Has anyone said anything on Kelly's instagram or whatever those other things are?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, lemonbus230 said:

Kat shouldn’t even be in TC. She should have been cut months ago. But another example of TPTB looking past rule breaking for certain women and not others.

Unlike Meredith though, hasn't Kat come into her own and actually got the choreograph down?    Don't quote me, but that's what I've gathered from some of the discussions in this forum and with a few others. (?)

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Not shooting the messenger here thanks for posting it, but weight gain seriously? Have we not seen videos of her on her IG she looked amazing but I guess the only one who deserves the respect to lose any extra weight if Victoria. If they use weight gain for the reason I better see a double chin & a honey boo boo belly!

This is the post I read on the FB page:  "I was never a Brennan fan so I am not surprised there and someone said in another forum that Hannah wasn't 100% performance related but weight and attitude may have played a part. Hoping not."

Now I did not say that.  I loved Brennan and always rooted for her.

Maybe VK could get them to change their minds....

Edited by parrotfeathers
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

At the very least they should go to the local news stations and papers and let it be known that the DCC cut someone for having COVID.  They would run with that story -- I bet it would even get picked up nationally.

That’s actually a very interesting proposition, and I’d really love to see this happen. The only concern I could see with this is stations not wanting to step on the organization’s toes without a lot of solid evidence. Do you think there’s enough there for someone to take to a journalist in Dallas? The Cowboys do ultimately have the right to release anyone they want and they can probably put an easy spin on it. If there’s not a lot of evidence or story there, it could fall flat pretty quickly, and I worry that some of the women could get in trouble if they are found out. 
The truth is the truth, though, and I certainly don’t think Brennan was rightfully cut by any means. I am still heartbroken for her. I hate to see the abuse of power in this organization. It desperately needs to be checked. I think it may just be worth a shot. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't understand that either -- maybe they think she's litigious and are thus scared of holding her accountable?  But that just means that future girls who are held accountable can sue for differential treatment.

@SmpIsimon - do you have any inside scoop on the alleged Kat situation?

Okay, make believe time. Now, I'm not a dancer, never was. I am going on what makes me go, "OMG!" when I see these women dance. So, agree or disagree with me, I welcome the input. 

Kelli and Charlotte are no more. Why? Any reason you want to come up with. I don't really have a problem with Judy. I think she has to kowtow to K & C, and really doesn't have as much pull in the choice department. Anyway, heads roll, and only the best dancers/ambassadors of the remaining veterans are kept. Here's my list:

Alanna

Amber

Amanda

Ashlee

Briana

Caroline

Chandi

Gina

Jalyn

Kristin

Maddie

Rachel

Rachel W.

Taylor J.

Edited by Muckypup61
punctuation
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

That’s actually a very interesting proposition, and I’d really love to see this happen. The only concern I could see with this is stations not wanting to step on the organization’s toes without a lot of solid evidence. Do you think there’s enough there for someone to take to a journalist in Dallas? The Cowboys do ultimately have the right to release anyone they want and they can probably put an easy spin on it. If there’s not a lot of evidence or story there, it could fall flat pretty quickly, and I worry that some of the women could get in trouble if they are found out. 
The truth is the truth, though, and I certainly don’t think Brennan was rightfully cut by any means. I am still heartbroken for her. I hate to see the abuse of power in this organization. It desperately needs to be checked. I think it may just be worth a shot. 

Those are good points.  But Erica's lawsuit got a LOT of attention, so those news outlets seem willing to run with it.  I think she could put together a pretty good lawsuit though that would probably get them to settle (they did in Erica's case).  I mean they fired her for a health condition and yet we have television footage of past contestants being kept around to allow them time to heal.  Even if she didn't win, the publicity would be devastating.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

She looked pretty damn good in the VetVlog video she was in. If they're cutting people due to weight again, let's not forget how they kept Deanna Sanchez, Kandi Harris, Erica Jenkins, Meredith Oden, Jordan Baum, Meagan Sharp, The Milkshake Queen etc... They've had """"heavier"""" cheerleaders before. Hannah sounds like a sacrificial lamb.

yeitolfh8ymp9yqojrcr.thumb.jpg.6d17396e22837b5da5a323971d9a9953.jpgvlcsnap-2020-08-20-11h06m42s653.jpg.2cc7839b98dc95a3961a1220ced336a6.jpg

thicc 🤑

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

Charlotte Jones was quoted in another interview saying the cheerleaders will dance on the touchdown decks this season.

I wonder if they will still dance if fans can't attend.  The teams that are prohibiting fans is growing, and the number of fans teams are allowing is going down.  The Ravens announced that they are reducing the number from 14,000 to 7,500.  It doesn't look like things are going to improve between now and opening week, so I'd expect a similar trend.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I asked the husband to rate. He said 4 or 5. I'm like, if THAT'S a 4 or a 5 to this guy, what does this MF rate ME?!!? 

He's a pretty tough grader! She's not a 10, but she does have a Sophie Turner thing going on, and her booty is ridiculous.  You're obviously not married to Cosmo Kramer: Assman.

He's probably like me and judges women on tv different than he does "real life" women.  I'll comment to my wife about how a dancer isn't that attractive, but if I was walking by them on the street, I'd be this guy.

image.thumb.png.ffaacd4c08d76222c2df8d9dcfd89df9.png

Edited by vivianspoetry
Added Meme
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LazySuzanne said:

Agreed. Was hoping I’d wake up and it’d all be a bad dream. Wish we could start a petition to get her back on the squad. Although I’m sure she’s rather flip them the bird at this point....

How’s the saying go...flip them the bird behind their backs...because Brennan obviously has manners

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bjo1969 said:

Yes! It's amazing to me that Kat, a mediocre dancer at best by DCC standards, gets a free pass, while Holly P., who IMHO, was one the best dancers DCC has had, is racked over the coals for the same infraction of the rules. Don't get me wrong ~ I like Kat, but rules are rules regardless of how archaic they might be to some. TPTB, IMHO, owe Holly P. a HUGE apology if they let the situation with Kat fly under the radar. Just my 2 cents.

Holly got a free pass in season 11.  They knew about her and Jenna then and looked a blind eye 

I’ve known about the cuts for a day now and still just as annoyed as when I found out. 

First of all, I met Lily last year and spent a decent amount of time with her. She’s obviously beautiful and fit, but she’s also an amazing ambassador! She’s so humble, kind and treats every person with love and respect. This sucks. I’m most disappointed about this because she was an actual angel to be around! 

The Hannah cut.. actually what? I refuse to believe that it could be solely weight related. If it was, it certainly can’t be like the pounds VK gained and was given time and special privileges to correct. I am beyond words. I love her!

And Brennan. I just don’t understand. For so many reasons this is confusing and you all know that Brennan of all people, with the determination and grit we’ve seen from her to just make the team, would not flaunt getting COVID TWICE as an excuse by any means. I know she worked as hard as anyone else to earn her spot back and that’s what annoys me. 

I’m interested to see how everything plays out, but also don’t want to give the show any more fuel in thinking this is the bs people actually want to see? 

I miss the DCC. I miss MTT. I don’t know what circus crap they’ve been trying to pass as such over the last few years. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, forumborum said:

Holly got a free pass in season 11.  They knew about her and Jenna then and looked a blind eye 

Sorry didn’t finish .  She was only held accountable once there became a situation , otherwise she would have been allowed to continue.  You will see same with Kat .

• Love 1

I liked Lily and Meredith a lot. 

Meredith was so beautiful she took my breath away. She seemed polite and self-aware. Lily seemed to be anxious and my heart went out to her.

Boo. 

Edited by Duffer
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

He's a keeper! 🤣

No, I SAID the tooth size thing in an attempt which would be objected to in a court of law as being a "leading question". The dum dum just laughed. He's fired.

6 minutes ago, itsweird said:

I just asked my husband.  He rated Hannah a 7 and Victoria a 9.  Oooof.  Who did I marry?  😣

I think we're getting into extremely dangerous territory with the spousal consultations here. There are some thing I do NOT want to know about my mate. Graphic sexual history, if he has a "one that got away", and his numerical rating of my favorite against my least favorite DCC.

Edited by SamShmam
  • LOL 20
7 minutes ago, itsweird said:

I just showed their most recent full body cameo photo. 

Eh that’s not fair. VK was photoshopped and that one is probably the only photo out there with her mouth somewhat closed. Hardly a representative photo!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6