Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Paraphrasing, Joy, laughing, said 'You're always right, Meghan, and I'm always wrong'.

Yep she said laughing I forget how right you are all the time. 
MeeAgain  is a bitch. You just don’t talk that way to a supposed friend and coworker. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

MeeAgain  is a bitch. You just don’t talk that way to a supposed friend and coworker. 

And one who is literally twice her age.  Does anyone follow Cindy McCain's Twitter account?  If I were her mother (well, first off, she would never, ever speak that way to anyone) I would be SO embarrassed.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

I was curious about this, so I looked on Amazon, but I got sidetracked when I came across a children's picture book that Meghan wrote in 2008 called (surprise, surprise) My Dad, John McCain (it looks like it's out of print). 

Many available on eBay starting at $3.52 ( buy 2, get one free)...and others within that range.  An "autographed copy" is there for $60.00 ... and here's the autograph. 

.image.png.75f6382132f5014f3a69204fd32ccf12.png 

• LOL 5
18 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I predict she will be back on the show w/in 48 hours of delivery.

FMLA allows 12wks of maternity leave, so Meghan gets TEN TIMES that, right?    EPMT Entitled Princess Maternity Leave.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

FMLA allows 12wks of maternity leave, so Meghan gets TEN TIMES that, right?    EPMT Entitled Princess Maternity Leave.

You’re just trying to perk us up and us give hope. I appreciate it. Anytime you can have something to look forward is a positive. Weeks and weeks of MeeAgain free of The View. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Why does MM keep trying to filet these powerful, SMART women with a butcher knife?

Is this her butcher knife?image.thumb.png.533b4a3a330ed3abc6619cc2ce4303a2.png

Edited by Kayz Opinion
tried to eliminate some space; didn't work.
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this, did you guys notice the pain expression on Whoopie's face when she announced that Barbara Fedida got fired for her racist statements.. 

Memories....memories...    Just TEN short years and TEN short days ago:  "Whoopi Goldberg Defends Mel Gibson on 'The View' ... 'I don't like what he did here, but I know Mel and I know he's not a racist,' Goldberg said on 'The View' on Monday. 'He may be a bonehead. I can't sit and say that he's a racist, having spent time with him in my house with my kids.' " 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I know she said something, but Whoopi went to commercial so she really didn't have a chance to reply.  That must be the new direction from the producer-- if Meghan and Joy start to get into it, go to commercial.

And yet they seem to like the publicity it gets them. 

• Love 4
On 7/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, deirdra said:

The average worker gets half a day for the funeral.  More than that comes out of your vacation days or sick days.  Unless you are MM with a falling-over-backward-for-you employer like ABC.

Yeah I had to go to work the day after my dad died.  Meegan doesn't know how the real world lives. 

I loved the interview with Mary Trump.  I am reading the book and she actually makes him a little sympathetic because his parents were awful.  It isn't just a bash book.  But of course McCain  would know that had she read it.  I want the deets on the disappearance from the interview!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Meghan has been a rude host every single day this week. She’s just awful lately, not that she just started being awful. She’s ramped up her snappiness, WPM that she speaks and scowl face factor. 

I wonder if the pregnancy is putting strain on her marriage.  There's something off about her being so irritable and angry at this stage of pregnancy.  It's common for women to "hunker down"  and be totally focused on getting ready for the baby, blocking out other concerns.  It's not like she has a demanding job or any other responsibilities.   I know everybody is different, but someone who works less than 10 hours per week,  with no financial concerns or other children, I would expect to be in a more blissful state, totally focused on the baby.  

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I wonder if the pregnancy is putting strain on her marriage.  There's something off about her being so irritable and angry at this stage of pregnancy.  It's common for women to "hunker down"  and be totally focused on getting ready for the baby, blocking out other concerns.  It's not like she has a demanding job or any other responsibilities.   I know everybody is different, but someone who works less than 10 hours per week,  with no financial concerns or other children, I would expect to be in a more blissful state, totally focused on the baby.  

I think Megan is having a baby because it is expected of her to have children as a pro-life conservative woman.. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

It's nothing new, but I never get over how rude she is. How does Meghan have friends?

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this, did you guys notice the pain expression on Whoopie's face when she announced that Barbara Fedida got fired for her racist statements.. 

I thought it was because Whoopi couldn't read the teleprompter again. Her expression looked more 'confused' than 'pained' to me.

What's funny is, usually they have Sunny do all these announcements - were they afraid Sunny was going to ad-lib something at the end?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

And one who is literally twice her age.  Does anyone follow Cindy McCain's Twitter account?  If I were her mother (well, first off, she would never, ever speak that way to anyone) I would be SO embarrassed.

Exactly. Meghan has no respect for her elders. I'd also like to think my child would never speak that way to anyone. And yes, if I were Cindy McCain I would be mortified. I wonder if she watches the show and what she thinks. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

It's called nesting.  It's that stage of pregnancy when you start getting everything ready for the baby.  But of course Meghan probably has people to do that for her.  

40 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think Megan is having a baby because it is expected of her to have children as a pro-life conservative woman.. 

I've thought this too.  She went from "I probably don't want to ever have kids" to being pregnant twice within a year.  And when she was pregnant last year it was very shortly before that when she said she didn't want kids.  

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

About the AOC and Yoho thing, Kevin McCarthy accepted his apology. How generous of him.

Meg, AOC is more powerful than Pelosi?  Maybe only in the minds of Reps. And she resorts to the old song 1) dismissing a criticism of someone in her tribe and 2) making it about herself.

After her monologue about powerful woman being bullied she immediately tries to bully Joy.

Now to see how rude Meg will be to Amy McGrath. 

Meghan hates being criticized by anyone, man or woman, and likes to think any any criticism she receives is because she's a woman who's oh so strong (or a conservative). But she strikes me as misogynistic. She seems more hostile toward females and more pleasant and forgiving when it comes to men. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

But she strikes me as misogynistic. She seems more hostile toward females and more pleasant and forgiving when it comes to men. 

For whatever reason I think she thinks men liking her or agreeing with her is more validating than women agreeing with her. Probably daddy issues. She doesn't seem to  have a close relationship with her mother.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Sunny calling out the right for making AOC and the squad the boogeyman is funny just to see Meghan's reaction. She was squirming a bit and probably had Ilhan Omar flashbacks.

And immediately said no one is trying otherize AOC because they are scared. Sunny never said they were scared. I'd love to know what Meghan thinks the GOP  have been doing. Making the "squad" the others making them the boogeyman. Dehumanizes them. Meghan herself has done it.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan hates being criticized by anyone, man or woman, and likes to think any any criticism she receives is because she's a woman who's oh so strong (or a conservative). But she strikes me as misogynistic. She seems more hostile toward females and more pleasant and forgiving when it comes to men

Whoopie is the same regarding powerful men, she will defend them while shaming the women, really disgusting and vile.. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie is the same regarding powerful men, she will defend them while shaming the women, really disgusting and vile.. 

You're right. It's terrible. And this show is supposed to be for women. 

7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

For whatever reason I think she thinks men liking her or agreeing with her is more validating than women agreeing with her. Probably daddy issues. She doesn't seem to  have a close relationship with her mother.

Yeah, she doesn't talk about her mother much at all. I'd say it's because her mother wasn't in politics like her dad so not as much reason to bring her up, but according to Meghan's own logic, her mother has been in politics most of her life. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

She is just never NOT angry. What a miserable way to live.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

You're right. It's terrible. And this show is supposed to be for women. 

Yeah, she doesn't talk about her mother much at all. I'd say it's because her mother wasn't in politics like her dad so not as much reason to bring her up, but according to Meghan's own logic, her mother has been in politics most of her life. 

If SNL ever does another sketch about the view, I wish someone would scream "you are not in politics!" 😄

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I did crack up at Meghan saying teach me your ways to Raven since no one at The View has a bad thing to say about her. It reminded me of when she asked Dolly Parton how she's so beloved. Uhh they're nice women Meghan. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
36 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

She is just never NOT angry.

Meghan mistakenly equates anger with toughness.  She also thinks it makes her look tough when she glares at someone with contempt while spitting out questions.  And the more she squints, the tougher she is.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I did crack up at Meghan saying teach me your ways to Raven since no one at The View has a bad thing to say about her. It reminded me of when she asked Dolly Parton how she's so beloved. Uhh they're nice women Meghan. 

Even mentioning it, is mean girl behavior. It looks like Meghan is paying a compliment to Raven but it's really telling ALL the ex cohosts they get shit talked. And of course the question is really about Meghan not Raven 😄.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's called nesting.  It's that stage of pregnancy when you start getting everything ready for the baby.  But of course Meghan probably has people to do that for her.  

But... but... does she have a crib?

• LOL 10
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

LOL I'm sure I'd be concerned if I were pregnant during this scary time too, but there's always an upside, at least I like to think so. Most expecting women and new moms are at the house much of the time anyway. For folks who are single and want to be out meeting other singles, drinking, partying, etc, it's harder in a way to be self isolating. We don't have a baby to focus on and look forward to. An expectant mother is supposed to be taking it easy and not be as active and doing a lot of what Meghan used to do. Same thing with a new mother who's going to be tired, breastfeeding, etc. I know many women who recently gave birth, and they're all just thrilled to be at home with their babies without feeling obligated to do as much as they used to and not have to deal with a bunch of visitors. I honestly wish I could have started a family at this time when you can't do much. But Meghan is so focused on the crib and not getting the attention most expecting women would. She's so wealthy, you know she can have a store all to herself to buy a crib in person if she really wanted to. Many people with wealth and notoriety do this, get a store to shut down just for them for a bit. And you know Meghan "my father" McCain is not too humble to use her name. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4

Meghan, the supposed political expert, is suggesting that Amy McGrath count on in-state money (in Kentucky of all places) to win an election against swampy dark money Mitch McConnell??! She must think we are fools!

• Love 19
10 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'm sorry, but I don't like Amy McGrath.

I have to say, I wasn't impressed with her at all. They threw some easy questions at her, and all she did was spit out her 'talking points' from her campaign mailers. She needs to brush up on her interview skills if she expects to win over McConnell (which should be a piece of cake). She comes across as very inexperienced to run for the office she's seeking. I hope she hires a team to polish up her skills.

• Love 1

Having Raven on today reminded VIEW-ers how bad the show was just a few years ago. She was one of the worst cohosts on that show - and that's saying something.

I'll never forget when she told the panel she was 'a little married' (to her former girlfriend, I believe) when they were discussing marriage. That's like saying you're ' a little pregnant' when discussing pregnancies.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I thought it was because Whoopi couldn't read the teleprompter again. Her expression looked more 'confused' than 'pained' to me.

What's funny is, usually they have Sunny do all these announcements - were they afraid Sunny was going to ad-lib something at the end?

All of this is exactly what I thought. 

Whoopi's expression: look at her struggling to read it just right. 

The fact that Sunny didn't read it: i guess they didn't want her to add a "and rightfully so!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

one of the very few positive aspects of their zoom format is that, should a major meltdown a la rosie/elizabeth occur, they will not have to have a pre-arranged (courtesy of bill geddie) split screen.

and whoopi's laughing, sighing and wildly gesticulating with every statement/question is really getting on my last nerve.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

The show definitely needs an overhaul before it starts next season.  It has really grown 'tired' and has shown it's age (IMO). As I said earlier this week - it needs a new opening, a new song, a new voice-over in the beginning and commercial breaks.  It needs better technology, it needs better moderation.  I'm not saying it's time to make changes to the cast , it just needs direction. It's  not 'working'  in its current state for the past few months.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The show definitely needs an overhaul before it starts next season.  It has really grown 'tired' and has shown it's age (IMO). 

I agree, but doubt TPTB will change anything before the election since they think their formula and ratings are fine.

• Love 3
On 7/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

The show definitely needs an overhaul before it starts next season.  It has really grown 'tired' and has shown it's age (IMO). As I said earlier this week - it needs a new opening, a new song, a new voice-over in the beginning and commercial breaks.  It needs better technology, it needs better moderation.  I'm not saying it's time to make changes to the cast , it just needs direction. It's  not 'working'  in its current state for the past few months.

They need to get back in the studio.  They could make it work.  Other shows are slowly coming back.  MM can stay home as she's compromised. Same with Whoopi and Joy.  Hmmmmm.... dam.  Not many hosts left.  You're  up Sunny!  Its all up to you!  We can have a chicken corner where they can roam.  An egg laying area?  Country arts and crafts. Who needs VYD lol

P.s. r.i.p. Regis

On 7/24/2020 at 3:03 PM, Haleth said:

Hey if reeds were good enough for Moses.....

Heh j/k coworker always says that

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Not many hosts left.  You're  up Sunny!  Its all up to you!  We can have a chicken corner where they can roam.  An egg laying area?  Country arts and crafts.

I never watch a show until the end anymore. I usually fast-forward through guests.  This would be the last straw (get it?).  I'd be happy to watch Chicken Corner, egg-laying, and crafts...but not with the one remaining host suggested.  I'm in Joy's age group, so that might explain me.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:03 PM, suomi said:
On 7/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

A million copies sold the first day!

In addition to the 950,000 advance copies? Wowzer.

OOPS!  Nope, per Forbes:  "The publisher of Mary L. Trump’s “harrowing” tell-all about her uncle, President Donald Trump, said Thursday it sold nearly one million copies by the day of the book’s release."   But...1.3 million were sold in the first week.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, lusinia said:

Meghan, taxpayers don't pay for the president's food.  

THANK YOU! Furthermore, it was a birthday party for Mary's aunts (Donald's sisters), held at the White House. From what I recall from the book, Maryanne Trump Barry invited her and that's why Mary went. 

And hell, if a relative I hated were elected President, I'd probably take the chance to go to a party at the White House, because, Hell, it's the White House. And also, some shit would probably go down and that would be fun to see.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Yes it's not like Mary Trump rehashed the Donald/Ivana/Marla affair.

That was an impressive aspect of the book. Mary did not talk about any of the salacious stories that captivated the NY tabloids back in the day. Her minimal mention of Marla was that she was friendly and easy to talk to (they are close in age). She told a couple of anecdotes about how Ivana and Donald gave really shitty gift (and were re-gifters!), but considering all the material she had, she did not go for the jugular at all.

Meghan's gotcha moment was another epic fail. Once again, she was utterly unprofessional and made this book all about herself. Her self-centeredness is pathological at this point. She and The View should be embarrassed.

• Love 12