Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E12: Pictures of You


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


Melissa, talking about Josh: "Is he dumb or something?" Uh... I can't, it's too easy. 

This episode held together way better than the last one. First of most importantly, because Dee wasn't center stage, so it was easier to work around her. But I think also because the editors had more time to work on this one. 

Lastly: byeeeeeee! 

  • Love 6
Link to comment

Dee making it hard for them. This episode she gets in the tribunal instead of being a background player so they have to work around all that. 

Just air the season guys. You are saying that you are airing the season as is. Air it as is. Move on from her afterwards. 

And get your house in order. There are a bunch of people you are going to have ban soon. Get on it.

Shut up Kyle and Josh. Scared game play unless it's convenient to look brave. I hope there is no purge and they just sack a bunch of people near the end.

  • Love 11
Link to comment
(edited)

Wow. What... an interesting episode.

1) Dee is making it impossible for MTV. Dee is in positions where it's near impossible not to show her. She wins the challenge and ends up on the tribunal and I thought "well, it's impossible to ignore her now. We have to see the tribunal scenes. How are they gonna handle that?" WELL... they handled it.

I'm sure we missed out on some good Dee drama after being back-stabbed.

2) Josh is... something. Josh has no strategy. What is he doing? He talks about what's good for his game, but he has no game.

3) Chris... bye.

4) What kind of bullshit elimination was that? Where are the hall brawls? The physical stuff?

5) I thought Kyle's political game was better this season. Kyle's a pretty likeable guy. What the fuck has he been doing this entire time?

6) Regarding Melissa... I was literally thinking earlier today that Melissa is a bit more mature this season. We haven't seen that firecracker that we've seen in her past seasons... until this episode.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 3
Link to comment
(edited)
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

Melissa, talking about Josh: "Is he dumb or something?" Uh... I can't, it's too easy. 

This episode held together way better than the last one. First of most importantly, because Dee wasn't center stage, so it was easier to work around her. But I think also because the editors had more time to work on this one. 

Lastly: byeeeeeee! 

I'm sure Dee was center-stage until they edited her out. I saw the original edit of last week's episode with the original trailer for this episode, and that trailer included Dee and Rogan having a conversation about voting her into elimination and Dee not having it. I imagine the Dee-Rogan drama was originally supposed to be center stage.

Those tribunal scenes were hilarious to me. They tried really to edit her out as much as possible. She's basically an extra. She's a background filler at this point. I guess it's a good thing Dee didn't sit in the center seat at tribunal.

56 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Wow. What... an interesting episode.

1) Dee is making it impossible for MTV. Dee is in positions where it's near impossible not to show her. She wins the challenge and ends up on the tribunal and I thought "well, it's impossible to ignore her now. We have to see the tribunal scenes. How are they gonna handle that?" WELL... they handled it.

I'm sure we missed out on some good Dee drama after being back-stabbed.

2) Josh is... something. Josh has no strategy. What is he doing? He talks about what's good for his game, but he has no game.

3) Chris... bye.

4) What kind of bullshit elimination was that? Where are the hall brawls? The physical stuff?

5) I thought Kyle's political game was better this season. Kyle's a pretty likeable guy. What the fuck has he been doing this entire time?

6) Regarding Melissa... I was literally thinking earlier today that Melissa is a but more mature this season. We haven't seen that firecracker that we've been in her past seasons... until this episode.

Forgive me... I forgot to add that Nelson is a fuckin' idiot!

Edited by AntFTW
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
Link to comment

Swaggy was useless. He brought no drama, except that he's Bailey-adjacent, he wasn't a great individual competitor, it was clear he was there because Bayleigh (who brings drama and is a decent competitor) wanted him there. But she seems quite capable of starting drama herself (see: the bloody mouth incident) without Swaggy.

And TJ's goodbye was brutal. "Hopefully, we'll see you in the future." Translation: "Don't wait by your phone."

  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
Link to comment

Josh is just so incredibly delusional. It’s like he’s saying things he thinks a veteran of The Challenge would say without having a single clue what he’s talking about. He doesn’t have an ally in Johnny, Johnny is just willing to ignore him and use him when it benefits Johnny. Nobody considers Josh a threat so it’s easier to just let him be delusional.

  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
Link to comment
(edited)

It looks like Dee knew she would fuck up royal several months in advance, so she decided to get in as much action as possible. Of course, BMP still ties their very best to edit her out. At one point, I thought they erased her from a shot of the Tribunal walking. Turns out she was just behind Fessy.

Josh continues to be shut out, and I'm great with that. He's a punk bitch. I got a laugh that the only guy that won the mission (Fessy) already had his Skull. While I get Kyle bitching about Aneesa struggling . . . he should still STFU. Aneesa's punishment was basically getting to feel what it would have been like to play Reverse Tug-Of-War with Beth. The horror. The horror.

Seriously, isn't Cory. Ryker and the baby mama already benefiting from being on an MTV show? I know Cory is a better option for a winner that a lot of the other bums, but I get turned off by people who use kids for motivation to win money. Still, though, I was good with him winning over Christopher. I'm guessing that if you need someone from Big Brother in the final, Fessy and Kaycee are acceptable. Apparently, Bayleigh has baggage. Josh is a punk bitch. The unborn child that Melissa doesn't know she's carrying is smarter than Josh.

Oh, and I'm guessing that there will be one more shot for Josh and Kyle to get a Skull. Still hoping Josh strikes out one way or the other.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Josh is just so incredibly delusional. It’s like he’s saying things he thinks a veteran of The Challenge would say without having a single clue what he’s talking about. He doesn’t have an ally in Johnny, Johnny is just willing to ignore him and use him when it benefits Johnny. Nobody considers Josh a threat so it’s easier to just let him be delusional.

Josh is extremely delusional. Josh thinks he's good at the game but he's not.

Josh has no allies other than Nany... maybe. Josh is of no use to anyone else. He has nothing to offer anyone else in the game. He has nothing to trade. But, we can argue that Josh is probably the perfect person to bring to a final. Unfortunately, Josh just isn't that good. He can be considered a layup in the final... but this is assuming that he can get past an elimination, which he has been terrible at in past seasons.

  • Love 5
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

It looks like Dee knew she would fuck up royal several months in advance, so she decided to get in as much action as possible. Of course, BMP still ties their very best to edit her out. At one point, I thought they erased her from a shot of the Tribunal walking. Turns out she was just behind Fessy.

Josh continues to be shut out, and I'm great with that. He's a punk bitch. I got a laugh that the only guy that won the mission (Fessy) already had his Skull. While I get Kyle bitching about Aneesa struggling . . . he should still STFU. Aneesa's punishment was basically getting to feel what it would have been like to play Reverse Tug-Of-War with Beth. The horror. The horror.

Seriously, isn't Cory. Ryker and the baby mama already benefiting from being on an MTV show? I know Cory is a better option for a winner that a lot of the other bums, but I get turned off by people who use kids for motivation to win money. Still, though, I was good with him winning over Christopher. I'm guessing that if you need someone from Big Brother in the final, Fessy and Kaycee are acceptable. Apparently, Bayleigh has baggage. Josh is a punk bitch. The unborn child that Melissa doesn't know she's carrying is smarter than Josh.

Oh, and I'm guessing that there will be one more shot for Josh and Kyle to get a Skull. Still hoping Josh strikes out one way or the other.

The thing I find amazing about the Dee edits is that when she's shown you can barely see her face.

When they have to show her, her face is not to the camera and we're looking at the back of her head; when they have to get a wide shot that includes her, it's shown for a second or it's a drone shot that's so far away that she just blends with every one else and you can't single her out.

Knowing that this isn't the normal edit that they planned and that they are purposefully avoiding her camera time just cracks me up. At least there isn't a shortage of work for them during the pandemic. LOL!

-

My feelings on Cory winning over Chris.... same

-

TJ said something to the effect of the guys not having much time left to get a red skull, so I took that as there's at least one other opportunity left to get a red skull.

 

Also, I'm waiting for that point in time to come where there's no one left without a red skull, where only there's only people with red skulls to choose from. This game has been too peaceful and diplomatic thus far... letting people go in to get their red skulls and giving favors by voting people in. This nice diplomacy shit has got to go. I want guerilla war in the Challenge house.

  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Dee making it hard for them. This episode she gets in the tribunal instead of being a background player so they have to work around all that. 

Just air the season guys. You are saying that you are airing the season as is. Air it as is. Move on from her afterwards. 

And get your house in order. There are a bunch of people you are going to have ban soon. Get on it.

Shut up Kyle and Josh. Scared game play unless it's convenient to look brave. I hope there is no purge and they just sack a bunch of people near the end.

Exactly, I mean look she made a terrible joke but it is not like she's David Duke or some racist scumbag like that.   Just show the season as is and then after it is over, cut ties with her.  Part of me wants to see her win the season now just because I would love to see them try to edit their way out of that.

Are people that shook over her being shown on TV? 

I mean Munroe Bergdorf made some very racist comments and I don't care when she pops up somewhere.  I just think she is a scumbag and that is that.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

5) I thought Kyle's political game was better this season. Kyle's a pretty likeable guy. What the fuck has he been doing this entire time?

6) Regarding Melissa... I was literally thinking earlier today that Melissa is a bit more mature this season. We haven't seen that firecracker that we've seen in her past seasons... until this episode.

 

I did not like Kyle at first but he has grown on me and I now find him to be one of the more likeable people on the show.

I loved seeing Melissa go off on Josh.  Because...well it's Josh. 

55 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Josh is just so incredibly delusional. It’s like he’s saying things he thinks a veteran of The Challenge would say without having a single clue what he’s talking about. He doesn’t have an ally in Johnny, Johnny is just willing to ignore him and use him when it benefits Johnny. Nobody considers Josh a threat so it’s easier to just let him be delusional.

When Melissa called him a snake he did the exact same thing that Paul did on Big Brother when he was called a snake.  I guess it is true even then Josh could not come up with something original.

  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
Link to comment

BY THE WAY... Am I the only one that thinks Melissa can read me bedtime stories?

Her voice is perfect for narrating fairy tales. I can imagine her reading 3 little pigs or something, and me slowly drifting away into a peaceful slumber. LOL!

  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Before I go to bed: how funny was it for BMP to give us "The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring? Basically, it's about how neighborhood kids failed to live up to their potential. That's, like, 90 percent of the field of Challenge veterans.

Thinking what other songs could have been used . . . "She's Got Issues," "Why Don't You Get a Job?" and "Self Esteem." I like that last one. "The more you suffer / The more it shows you really cares" really speaks to me as a lyric.

  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm sure Dee was center-stage until they edited her out. I saw the original edit of last week's episode with the original trailer for this episode, and that trailer included Dee and Rogan having a conversation about voting her into elimination and Dee not having it. I imagine the Dee-Rogan drama was originally supposed to be center stage.

The episode description also referenced a plotline revolving around Dee’s betrayal and vengeance, which was obviously cut.  Tons of filler instead....made for a boring episode.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I liked the elimination.  Swagger had length or reach advantage but didn’t get good rhythm going to swing effectively.  He had a lead but Cory caught up and passed him as he got the hang of it better.

Hall battles or pole wrestling are the least imaginative and unlevel eliminations.  Both guys had a shot with this. Cory’s ankle injury didn’t come into play and it was a competitive elimination match.

Regular challenge not much strategy involved.

More chips eating.  They must have cut the catering budget way back for the prize money. Or maybe TJ’s rides on the tank.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

The Dee scrubbing was stupid. Just don't invite her back. All that drama last week, no follow through this week. Boring. Josh can't carry the hysterics all on his own. He's more whiney than anything. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

The scrubbing of Dee is cracking me up.  I wasn’t looking at the TV when they showed the teams so in watching the challenge I had no idea she was even in it.

There was already too much Dee, so I don’t mind confusing narratives if it means less of her.

Josh - say something stupid IRL please.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

 

There are few people to really root for. There are idiots like Josh and then non-players who sit around doing nothing and then whine about needing a red skull despite making no effort to get one.

I also can't feel sympathy for the Corey's of the world. When he was being all sad about being away from his kid, I just found myself thinking "get a job." Don't like this job? get another? you chose this "job." So I just can't get all worked up for you.  

  • Love 6
Link to comment

(edited)

My faaaavorite moment from last night was when Josh was all, wow it sure is different on this side of the table. He said it so proudly! I really think he thinks it was an accomplishment and sign of great game play that he hasn't been put into an elimination yet, despite the fact that not going into an elimination means he definitely can't make it to the final. This is the first season ever when people are campaigning and volunteering to go in and Josh genuinely thinks it's a reflection of his great game play that he hasn't been put in. Melissa is right. Josh is dumb. 

Edited by Treehugger9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
Link to comment
10 hours ago, AntFTW said:

5) I thought Kyle's political game was better this season. Kyle's a pretty likeable guy. What the fuck has he been doing this entire time?

I’m so confused by what Kyle was doing. I guess he wanted to stay as long as possible and then panicked when he realized he was running out of road? The edge came out this week when he didn’t get what he wanted. The way he was speaking to Aneesa was a bit creepy, with a joking tone but clearly completely serious. Corey has been doing these shows a long time and has a history with a lot of the cast. Kyle shouldn’t have been so surprised that they had Corey’s back over his. 

8 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Nobody considers Josh a threat so it’s easier to just let him be delusional.

Ha! So well put. 
 

Quote

He doesn’t have an ally in Johnny, Johnny is just willing to ignore him and use him when it benefits Johnny

I think Josh and Morgan are friends, and Bayleigh and Morgan definitely are. I don’t think Wes is the only one who had a quiet understanding with Bayleigh and Chris this season. Which is not to say Johnny wouldn’t throw any of these people straight under a bus if he had to. But he hasn’t had to.

Quote
 
7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Exactly, I mean look she made a terrible joke but it is not like she's David Duke or some racist scumbag like that.   Just show the season as is and then after it is over, cut ties with her.  Part of me wants to see her win the season now just because I would love to see them try to edit their way out of that.

I have to say, while I fully support MTV’s declaration that they won’t hire Dee again, there’s something really uncomfortable about seeing her basically being erased from this season. You would think she had murdered someone or truly caused physical harm. Don’t get me wrong; what she said was incredibly inflammatory and problematic and she should have consequences. It was a very bad mistake and I’m glad it was acknowledged and dealt with. But this seems a bit excessive. That said, I already didn’t like her before this happened so I certainly don’t miss seeing her attention-seeking drama. 

 

5 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I also can't feel sympathy for the Corey's of the world. When he was being all sad about being away from his kid, I just found myself thinking "get a job." Don't like this job? get another? you chose this "job." So I just can't get all worked up for you.  

But he has accidentally impregnated two women! Surely this qualifies him for special treatment. 

  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
Link to comment

I want to point out that while Melissa was yelling at Josh, Kyle called Josh a floater. The ultimate floater, arguably the best floater this game has ever seen, called Josh a floater. That cracks me up!

  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
Link to comment
7 hours ago, pythonite said:

The Dee scrubbing was stupid. Just don't invite her back. All that drama last week, no follow through this week. Boring. Josh can't carry the hysterics all on his own. He's more whiney than anything. 

That's what I was thinking, that they cut out Dee and gave us more Josh.

That's almost as offensive as her tweet!

  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

Corey has been doing these shows a long time and has a history with a lot of the cast. Kyle shouldn’t have been so surprised that they had Corey’s back over his. 

I mean, does Kyle not know that Aneesa and Cory were together together?  Like I get it didn’t end all that well, but she’s known Cory a fuck of a lot longer than she has known Kyle.

  • Love 5
Link to comment
(edited)
44 minutes ago, scrb said:

That's what I was thinking, that they cut out Dee and gave us more Josh.

That's almost as offensive as her tweet!

Eh. As much Dee as we'd been getting, spreading the love out was nice. Josh has always gotten coverage even when Dee hogged time, but now we actually got to see Fessy and even a non-yelling version of Nelson. In other words, people when they weren't being screaming divas. I generally prefer that.

It always feels to me that people pile on Josh, but he doesn't do anything the others don't, and sometimes his reads are right on. When Melissa yelled at Josh that her problem with him was that she hated snakes, he pointed out she was connected to the biggest snake. We could quibble about biggest, but his point stands. In a previous episode he commented to Wes that disparaging people was one of the things Wes always did as a form of attack.

Josh's biggest problem is his emotional play. People know how to take advantage of him since he reacts emotionally. Given time, he actually can calm down and think things through and has decent instincts as to what the best move is. It's just that he needs time to get to that point. (Also: editing. Who knows what we aren't seeing? I imagine the interview scene that was recut to be somewhat tense with Fessy was originally a nasty set-to with Dee.)

Melissa. *sigh* Melissa isn't going to yell at Bananas because she knows he'll eat her alive, so she's focusing on Josh. Meanwhile, she's too scared to go in despite having multiple chances to do so, but people not bending over backwards for her makes them bad people *eyeroll*. 

Going back to the Dee scrubbing... I have mixed emotions on this. Generally I don't like this being done to players, but honestly purple edits happen all the time. We just don't know about it. I don't feel bad for Dee because she did something very publically and a company she was associated with decided it made for bad PR. They have the right to cut ties and re-edit their product to remove her. I don't like it, but if I'm going to be angered by such a move, it's going to be over something like Purple Kelly from Survivor.

Edited by simplyme
clarity
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Am I missing something, or does the ep title not tie back to anything? I think it's probably part of the Dee Excision - she's yelling at Rogan, and tells him she has "pictures of you" taped to the door of her locker? 

  • Useful 1
Link to comment
(edited)

Well, we now know some of the people are betting on a purge that will allow them a last chance at getting a red skull. But I bet a purge will only happen once all of the contestants without a red skull are gone. And it looks like it won’t even be necessary just to give everyone a chance at a red skull. If there is another men’s elimination, it seems like they’ll just allow Kyle to face Josh. Which means no man would be left without a red skull.  
 

Nany,Melissa, and Bayleigh are the women left with potentially two more female eliminations. So it looks like nobody will be cut without a chance at getting a red skull. Which is disappointing. 
 

 

Edited by ImpinAintEasy
  • Love 2
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Am I missing something, or does the ep title not tie back to anything? I think it's probably part of the Dee Excision - she's yelling at Rogan, and tells him she has "pictures of you" taped to the door of her locker? 


Cory had pictures of his daughter that he was looking at. 

  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
(edited)
41 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Melissa. *sigh* Melissa isn't going to yell at Bananas because she knows he'll eat her alive, so she's focusing on Josh. Meanwhile, she's too scared to go in despite having multiple chances to do so, but people not bending over backwards for her makes them bad people *eyeroll*.

I know we're only seeing a part of what's going on. From what we see, it seems like Johnny doesn't give as much attention to Melissa that Josh does.

Josh, overall, seems to talk more than Johnny. Johnny doesn't seem give as much material or ammunition for Melissa to comment on.

Josh goes in for a hug and Melissa's like get the fuck away from me, you fucking liar.

Josh coming into a room saying he wants a red skull. That entices Melissa to say I'm glad you don't have a red skull or any other flippant comment about not having a red skull. Whereas Johnny just sits back and listens.

During the house vote, Johnny just says "My vote is for Kyle." There's not much room for comment there. Josh SWEARS ON HIS FAMILY'S LIFE THAT HE LOVES KYLE  BUT WILL VOTE FOR CORY... and Melissa's like swearing on your family doesn't mean shit, you liar. Josh brings more material to the table for comment.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 7
Link to comment
2 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:


Cory had pictures of his daughter that he was looking at. 

I thought that was kind of odd, he had all these prints he was looking at and they kept showing him going through them.

Isn't it more typical for people to carry pictures in their phones?

They were about the size of the old 3x5 prints you'd get if you got film processed and made into prints.

Maybe they printed out the photos and gave them to Cory for him to go through so they can film him doing so.

I kind of rolled my eyes at Cory talking repeatedly about how he has to get a red skull or go home because he's at the Challenge for so many people back home.

Yeah it's a big Challenge trope now, how they're extra motivated for the kids.

Cory doesn't live with the daughter and her mother does he?  So he's still kind of living the single life?  Though it's probably not as easy now as it was when he first appeared on the Challenge for him to spend weeks on the show -- can't be easy for anyone in a relationship to be away for weeks.

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

22 minutes ago, scrb said:

I thought that was kind of odd, he had all these prints he was looking at and they kept showing him going through them.

Isn't it more typical for people to carry pictures in their phones?

They were about the size of the old 3x5 prints you'd get if you got film processed and made into prints.

 

 

I thought the same thing. I'm old (old enough to remember dropping off film and getting double prints so I could easily mail the good ones to eager grandparents) and I don't have a pile of photos to go through of my kids

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Jillibean said:

You would think she had murdered someone or truly caused physical harm.

MTV's reaction to the Dee debacle reminds me for all the world of "Megan Wants a Millionaire" and "I Love Money 3"

  • Love 2
Link to comment
53 minutes ago, scrb said:

I thought that was kind of odd, he had all these prints he was looking at and they kept showing him going through them.

Isn't it more typical for people to carry pictures in their phones?

I imagine that since Cory isn't new to the Challenge house, he knows he won't have access to a phone and limited access to web calls, therefore, he should bring physical photos. Kailah had physical photos of her and her current ex-boyfriend.

53 minutes ago, scrb said:

Cory doesn't live with the daughter and her mother does he?  So he's still kind of living the single life?  Though it's probably not as easy now as it was when he first appeared on the Challenge for him to spend weeks on the show -- can't be easy for anyone in a relationship to be away for weeks. 

I assume he's shacked up with the new baby mama.

 

30 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

MTV's reaction to the Dee debacle reminds me for all the world of "Megan Wants a Millionaire" and "I Love Money 3"

I would pay to watch I Love Money 3... TO THIS DAY! I loved that trash back in the day.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

They don't let them bring phones?

Why?

On a show like JS or RW, they used to put all calls on the air.  But now, why would it matter?

They let them do FaceTime calls but I guess that's only for the air.

 

 

Link to comment
(edited)
7 minutes ago, scrb said:

They don't let them bring phones?

Why?

On a show like JS or RW, they used to put all calls on the air.  But now, why would it matter?

They let them do FaceTime calls but I guess that's only for the air.

 

 

They let them have access to something like a house phone, but no personal cell phones. Thee cast basically sees nothing from the outside world; no TV; no phones; no printed media.

On the more recent seasons of Real World, they've let them have cell phones.

Edited by AntFTW
Link to comment

Yeah JS has them looking at phones all the time.

They were using some social media to drive some of the story lines.

Are they worried about the challengers posting pics of the house or of the events or giving out results?

Because obviously they can make it a rule that such violations would be grounds for immediate elimination.

 

Though it would be much easier for some of the people to just keep to themselves with phones.  I don't think MTV would care about people socializing or not.  It's more they want them to interact and have drama, confrontations and so on.

If they're allowed to just keep themselves entertained with devices, there might be less of a chance for these interactions which lead to "good TV."

Link to comment

23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I swear I will be so mad if Kaycee does something stupid with Nany.

Back off, Nany.  Use your head, Kaycee.

I agree, but I just checked her Instagram. She's scrubbed it of the gf, back to April 24th. Sad.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, scrb said:

I thought that was kind of odd, he had all these prints he was looking at and they kept showing him going through them.

Isn't it more typical for people to carry pictures in their phones?

They were about the size of the old 3x5 prints you'd get if you got film processed and made into prints.

Yes, but they're not allowed to have their phones. They only get 10 minutes each week to video chat on a production supplied line.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Yes, but they're not allowed to have their phones. They only get 10 minutes each week to video chat on a production supplied line.

Then they must get decent money each week  they stay or something.

Because out of the 3 dozen who show up each season, realistically only a half dozen to a dozen of them are real contenders to win the grand prize.

The other 20 people must know this, must not have especially high expectations.  So if you're going to live in a dorm for weeks, put up with all the drama and the BS, like being cut off from family and friends, there better be some compensation.

Just some paltry odds of winning a million isn't going to cut it.

 

 

Link to comment
On 6/18/2020 at 1:05 AM, AntFTW said:

BY THE WAY... Am I the only one that thinks Melissa can read me bedtime stories?

Her voice is perfect for narrating fairy tales. I can imagine her reading 3 little pigs or something, and me slowly drifting away into a peaceful slumber. LOL!

Melissa can do whatever she wants to me anytime she wants...oh wait uh...yeah she has a really nice sounding accent.  Seriously though I love British women's accents.  I even like Jenny's more cockney accent. 

14 hours ago, mojoween said:

I mean, does Kyle not know that Aneesa and Cory were together together?  Like I get it didn’t end all that well, but she’s known Cory a fuck of a lot longer than she has known Kyle.

I completely forgot about the fact that they had a relationship.  Then I was watching old episodes of the show on Pluto and it was from when they were getting together and I was like, "Damn I completely forgot about that." 

On a side not I hate that Pluto is only showing Battle of the Seasons and the seasons directly after that.  I was really hoping to see some of the older seasons.  I want to see some Puck seasons dammnit! 

12 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I know we're only seeing a part of what's going on. From what we see, it seems like Johnny doesn't give as much attention to Melissa that Josh does.

Josh, overall, seems to talk more than Johnny. Johnny doesn't seem give as much material or ammunition for Melissa to comment on.

Josh goes in for a hug and Melissa's like get the fuck away from me, you fucking liar.

Josh coming into a room saying he wants a red skull. That entices Melissa to say I'm glad you don't have a red skull or any other flippant comment about not having a red skull. Whereas Johnny just sits back and listens.

During the house vote, Johnny just says "My vote is for Kyle." There's not much room for comment there. Josh SWEARS ON HIS FAMILY'S LIFE THAT HE LOVES KYLE  BUT WILL VOTE FOR CORY... and Melissa's like swearing on your family doesn't mean shit, you liar. Josh brings more material to the table for comment.

That's the thing with Josh, I think he wants to be liked by everyone and he cannot understand why people do not like him.

9 hours ago, TresGatos said:

MTV's reaction to the Dee debacle reminds me for all the world of "Megan Wants a Millionaire" and "I Love Money 3"

I mean Dee didn't kill anyone, but I get your point.   I used to love the I Love Money shows. 

I remember back then I said on another site that I frequent that I wanted Craig Jackson to take over from TJ as host of the Challenge because Craig had an actual personality and treated the show as a joke.  Well someone on the board got pissed at me for saying that and he and I got into a two day debate over it.  Yes I actually went back and fourth with someone over how sucky a host TJ was.  Which is funny because now I like him because he has shown more of a personality.

  • LOL 2
Link to comment

21 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

If there is another men’s elimination, it seems like they’ll just allow Kyle to face Josh. Which means no man would be left without a red skull.  

If they were smart, which they are not, they would put Rogan or someone super strong against Josh to eliminate him (or conversely get out a strong competitor and leave in a relatively weak one) and leave Kyle without a red skull altogether meaning 2 men out basically at the same time. Which, if the men were smart, they should have been doing all along. Make it so there's only 2 or 3 left to "run TJ's Final." 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, scrb said:

Then they must get decent money each week  they stay or something.

Because out of the 3 dozen who show up each season, realistically only a half dozen to a dozen of them are real contenders to win the grand prize.

The other 20 people must know this, must not have especially high expectations.  So if you're going to live in a dorm for weeks, put up with all the drama and the BS, like being cut off from family and friends, there better be some compensation.

Just some paltry odds of winning a million isn't going to cut it.

They do it because it's a paid vacation, they don't wanna get real jobs, and they get exposure which leads to fans which leads to paid IG posts lol.

8 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Then I was watching old episodes of the show on Pluto and it was from when they were getting together and I was like, "Damn I completely forgot about that." 

On a side not I hate that Pluto is only showing Battle of the Seasons and the seasons directly after that.  I was really hoping to see some of the older seasons.  I want to see some Puck seasons dammnit!

When do they show The Challenge on Pluto? Ever since you first mentioned watching it on there I've been periodically checking and it's never on lol. I couldn't find it on the 'on demand' section either.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

During the Melissa/Josh fight, they showed a quick shot of Johnny and Nany cracking up which made me laugh. I also laughed when Nelson and Swaggy made Rogan think his name was up there. Probably because he was afraid Dee would want her revenge but we have to pretend Dee doesn't exist. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/17/2020 at 10:53 PM, AntFTW said:

Those tribunal scenes were hilarious to me. They tried really to edit her out as much as possible. She's basically an extra. She's a background filler at this point. I guess it's a good thing Dee didn't sit in the center seat at tribunal.

The tribunal edits were extra ridiculous, especially as it looked like they increased the percentage within the view window to cut off Dee sitting at the end of the table. Lol!

On 6/17/2020 at 11:44 PM, Eolivet said:

Swaggy was useless. He brought no drama, except that he's Bailey-adjacent, he wasn't a great individual competitor, it was clear he was there because Bayleigh (who brings drama and is a decent competitor) wanted him there. But she seems quite capable of starting drama herself (see: the bloody mouth incident) without Swaggy.

And TJ's goodbye was brutal. "Hopefully, we'll see you in the future." Translation: "Don't wait by your phone."

Looks like Swaggy's fauxtographic memory didn't activate to help him in this giant memory game....

On 6/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, RedbirdNelly said:

I also can't feel sympathy for the Corey's of the world. When he was being all sad about being away from his kid, I just found myself thinking "get a job." Don't like this job? get another? you chose this "job." So I just can't get all worked up for you.  

This is one of my Challege pet peaves - people claiming they deserve to win or to go to a final because they have a kid or family.  GTFOH.  I didn't like it when Tony did and I still can't stand it now with Corey.  No one owes you a damn thing because you don't know how to wear a condom.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, mojoween said:

I swear I will be so mad if Kaycee does something stupid with Nany.

Back off, Nany.  Use your head, Kaycee.

Nany looking at Kaycee:

tumblr_nb8uq28gvt1tjpaueo1_500.gif?w=396

But also me looking at Fessy dragging shit, while grunting, across that field....

  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
Link to comment
On 6/17/2020 at 10:47 PM, angelamh66 said:

Josh is just so incredibly delusional. It’s like he’s saying things he thinks a veteran of The Challenge would say without having a single clue what he’s talking about. He doesn’t have an ally in Johnny, Johnny is just willing to ignore him and use him when it benefits Johnny. Nobody considers Josh a threat so it’s easier to just let him be delusional.

I have second hand embarrassment for him. I felt the same way watching him on Big Brother. He only won that show because people hated his competition more than him, but he thinks he did something amazing. 

On 6/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, mojoween said:

I swear I will be so mad if Kaycee does something stupid with Nany.

Back off, Nany.  Use your head, Kaycee.

This show will ruin her and I am mad about it. She was so low key on BB. She was competitive, kind, and an all around really good winner, playing politics without being mean. I hate that sh is on this show. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They do it because it's a paid vacation, they don't wanna get real jobs, and they get exposure which leads to fans which leads to paid IG posts lol.

When do they show The Challenge on Pluto? Ever since you first mentioned watching it on there I've been periodically checking and it's never on lol. I couldn't find it on the 'on demand' section either.

The challenge is literally always on pluto. It has its own channel.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...