Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Italian's Job

• Start Topic

Romance is in bloom on the crew’s first night out of the season, as Pete makes his move while Rob and Jess find themselves connecting on a deeper level. The second charter kicks off when guests with ties to the music industry arrive, but unforeseen circumstances immediately put the Wellington crew behind the eight ball. Meanwhile, Pete’s attitude forces Malia into a difficult confrontation, and tensions between Hannah and Lara take a surprising new turn.

Airs June 15, 2020.

I, sadly, think Lara is getting fired tonight. 

I say sadly because I'm currently watching season 2 and Hannah is the worst, therefore, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching someone equally as nasty as her, serve it back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Not holding my breath for this. Bravo has a way of teasing us and making us think that something is going to happen when it turns out nothing like what we thought was hapening  realy happened. 

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

Not holding my breath for this. Bravo has a way of teasing us and making us think that something is going to happen when it turns out nothing like what we thought was hapening  really happened. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 2

Man, Pete is a moron.  “My first job was with a Domino’s franchisee who was a woman and I thought if SHE could do it...”. Freaking backhanded compliment.

Pete and Lara together would be the worst.  No one on the boat would be able to get around the attitude.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Well, it’s official, I hate Rob. I hope Lara/Lana (Larna?) eats him alive. I heard that’s what units do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think you mean Pete. Rob is the model with the scruffy beard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

I think you mean Pete. Rob is the model with the scruffy beard

Too many generic male names!! You are totally correct, my apologies to Rob, who seems like a decent guy. It’s Pete who is the worst.

• Love 6

Pete cried? WTF?

So she left in the middle of the night but came back in the morning wearing different clothes? In any case, glad she's gone. How unprofessional to give them only an hour's notice. 

So who is the blast from Hannah's past that's replacing Lara? 

If i chartered a yacht and the captain docked it for the entire time, I'd be upset. There were plenty of other boats anchored in thar harbor, the weather didn't look that bad. They were still dining outside. 

• Love 13

I didn’t care for Lara at all, but Hannah was totally unprofessional gossiping about her with all of the others within easy earshot.  I think Lara realized this was going to be an uphill battle & she blew her ace card by being sarcastic in front of Sandy. I’m a bit ambivalent about Pete - he seems to be a sensitive guy and I honestly think the “sweetie” is just a bad habit  from an old school guy who doesn’t “get it”. Of course, I’m an older woman who came from a time when you just bit your tongue and eye rolled when someone said that - it wasn’t worth the confrontation. I kind of hope I’m not wrong to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 5

Lara just proved why she’s worked on over 40 yachts in the past few years. She’s highly unprofessional and has no regard for anyone but herself. She needed to take Pete with her on her way out. I’m guessing Malia addressed Pete about him calling her sweetheart either off camera or the scene was edited out. I could see Pete disregarding her requests because he seems to be a calmer version of Ashton. I’ll give Malia a pass on going to Captain Sandy, sometimes you just need reinforcement from someone higher up the chain of command who is a bit more forceful in their delivery. I’m thinking the second stew is either Brooke or Bugsy.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m a bit ambivalent about Pete - he seems to be a sensitive guy and I honestly think the “sweetie” is just a bad habit  

He’s 27 that hasn’t been acceptable for most of his life. Based on his IG he is a total douche. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He’s 27 that hasn’t been acceptable for most of his life. Based on his IG he is a total douche. 

Got a link?  I can always use a good laugh 🙂 

I'm 61.  This crap hasn't been acceptable for a big part of my life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I'm 56.  I have never liked "sweetie, darling, honey".  That and people who have to touch you when they talk to you.

In my 56 years, I've never had a problem, politely telling people IMMEDIATELY to not call me "sweetie, darling, honey" or touch me.

This is on Pete.  But Malia bears SOME responsibility to say something immediately.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Two seconds of solid Mallorcan musicians was soooo much better than a season of Georgia's "performances".

I have to admit, I was just a tiny bit scared when Kiko said he likes to play music. He's adorable and all, but I don't need to see another singing crew. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
(edited)

If Malia is the leader she claims to be (and Sandy thinks she is), she would have addressed the "sweetie" issue herself. Now she looks weak.

That said, I think the whole "sweetie" thing has been orchestrated by production to push their 24/7 female leadership narrative this season.

Also, Malia always refers to the guys on her team as "boys". She doesn't have any credibility regarding "sweetie".

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Added last sentence
  • Love 13

Was there a single moment of Pete tonight that wasn't cringe-inducing? So much second-hand embarrassment, it was painful

Also, Sandy is always ready for her close-up, Mr. DeMille.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Watching WWHL now with Malia & Captain Sandy & I guess it seems my impression of him was incorrect.He was described as the worst in almost every category by both Sandy & Malia. Guess I’m not a good judge of character at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rhetorica said:

Yes! She was so crazy! I hope she's not returning.

Sandy said it was someone Hannah had worked with which would mean it’s not Rocky.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Pete cried? WTF?

So she left in the middle of the night but came back in the morning wearing different clothes? In any case, glad she's gone. How unprofessional to give them only an hour's notice. 

Probably she wanted to leave earlier and production was trying to talk her into staying or at least do the departure morning scene.

They would want to milk Hanna and Lara being at each other's throats for a couple of episodes.

By the end of the night all of the crew were against her singing about throwing her off on the shuttle bus back to the yacht.  She would have been miserable if she stayed and money and being on TV apparently didn't do it for her.

Pete cried and not only did he not know her last name, he was calling her Lana until they all went out.

Mallorca is really beautiful but Palma is right by the major airport.  Not sure it would be great places to anchor but the northern coast, especially the NE corner, have these dramatic cliffs rising from the ocean.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Pete cried? WTF?

So who is the blast from Hannah's past that's replacing Lara? 

If i chartered a yacht and the captain docked it for the entire time, I'd be upset. There were plenty of other boats anchored in thar harbor, the weather didn't look that bad. They were still dining outside. 

I know there was mention about the guests wanting to do a picnic at a location maybe that was part of the reason for docking.  The episode seemed pretty erratic.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Watching WWHL now with Malia & Captain Sandy & I guess it seems my impression of him was incorrect.He was described as the worst in almost every category by both Sandy & Malia. Guess I’m not a good judge of character at all.

There’s nothing wrong with giving someone a second chance.

Edited by endure
  • Love 2

Oh Pete, sweetheart/unit, why are you crying over some soulless woman whose last name (nor first name) you don't even know? LOL. Is this a side effect from steroids? Entitlement? His face and his body just don't match. He looks like a walking version of one of those mix-and-match flip books that kids have. 

Rob Zombie's eyes seem to get smaller and farther apart every week. 

bodyflipbook-main.jpg

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I've been trying to work out who he reminded me of and during his Lara grief tonight it came to me- Jason Isaacs. A poor man's, bargain basement version of Jason Isaacs. 

I'm not loving the deck crew. It seems like the lesson production learned from the toxic, misogynistic douche  bro season of Below Deck was to....hire a new cast of the same thing. Great work, Bravo.

On the plus side I appreciated Jess getting a plug in for the best book I have ever read, 'The Secret History'. Buy it and read it. It's phenomenal.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Iris987 said:

On the plus side I appreciated Jess getting a plug in for the best book I have ever read, 'The Secret History'. Buy it and read it. It's phenomenal

I’m a dork - last night when she was talking about the book I thought it sounded cool, so I rewound it and paused so I can get the name of the author and order it.

Glad Lara is gone, but demanding that Sandy come out to meet her was so inappropriate.  Sandy should have been like, no bitch I have a job to do, come onboard if you want to talk.  Who the hell is she?

***Have we ever had a season of BD or any spinoff where the crew stayed the same for the whole season?

side note:  I think 3rd deckhand (Alex?) is kinda cute.  But I have a weakness for bearded guys with a chubby face.  And he seems nice (so far)

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m a dork - last night when she was talking about the book I thought it sounded cool, so I rewound it and paused so I can get the name of the author and order it.

Ha! The first thing I thought of when she read that was 'what idiot wrote that blurb?' I mean, it's technically correct but it's so much more than that. You'll love it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

While watching Pete get so emotional over "Lana" leaving, I wondered if part/all  of his response might be misdirected grief about his dad's terminal illness. 

I found Hannah surprisingly enjoyable twice this episode... ( As a rule I think she's truly vile.)

The first time was her stunned expression when finding out Pete was a father. Gobsmacked.

The second was when she realized she had left the poor musicians below deck for much longer than she had intended.. Her line was something like "Everything is going great except that I totally forgot about two humans waiting in the galley." 

(Perhaps it says a lot about the way that I view Hannah. When she shows any sense of self awareness or sense of humor about herself I find it noteworthy.)

Ending on a shallow note; Roy Orbison Jr would do me as a viewer a great service if he wore a shirt to meals. That was much more up close and personal boobage than I was prepared for.

Edited by elsie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, dosodog said:

So.  For 4 years, Hannah has used "sweetie, honey, darling" and it's just now a problem with professionalism? Conrad even told her how much he hated it and how condescending it was. 

So if Pete (rightfully so) and the rest of the guys get called on the carpet for it, then why does a woman get away with it?  It's just as condescending.

I dont get it.  

I don't think it's the same thing at all. Hannah uses those words as terms of affection, and with Conrad, it was during a personal conversation about their fucked up, personal relationship. Pete is being a passive-aggressive, condescending asshat when he calls Malia sweetie and sweetheart, and didn't she already tell him to stop?

That being said, I think it would have been a better move if Malia had given him some sort of warning if he did that again, like losing his spot as lead deckhand, instead of the way Sandy handled it.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Too many generic male names!! You are totally correct, my apologies to Rob, who seems like a decent guy. It’s Pete who is the worst.

an aside; but my daughter is a software engineer who works with a whole team of guys with generic names; I have a heck of a time remembering who's her boss, who's the idiot, who's the good co-worker LOL. Matt, Mark, Mike.... One guy has a lovely hippy name (was brought up on a commune LOL) and he's the only one I can easily remember.

11 hours ago, dosodog said:

So.  For 4 years, Hannah has used "sweetie, honey, darling" and it's just now a problem with professionalism? Conrad even told her how much he hated it and how condescending it was. 

I think in some cases (maybe not here) she does that in the same way southerners use "bless her heart." That is, it's not meant to be nice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jsage said:

Meanwhile, Sandy, of her own volition, called Malia to the bridge and questioned her about the crew. Malia mentioned them calling her sweetheart and Sandy immediately swooped in, called the guys to the bridge and threatened their jobs if they say sweetie or sweetheart ever again. Which, as you mentioned, made Malia look weak for not talking to them herself. Malia also now looks like a tattletale.

Exactly.  Malia didn't go in there to complain about it, it just came up in the course of their conversation.  The best boss I ever had, I felt very comfortable complaining to her about others in our department and outside it - because she would always ask me if I wanted her to do anything about it or if I wanted to handle it.  Or if I was just venting!  I have adopted that with people who have reported to me since then - are you venting?  Do you want me to do something about this? 90% of the time the answer was no, don't do anything or say anything.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, elsie said:

Ending on a shallow note; Roy Orbison Jr would do me as a viewer a great service if he wore a shirt to meals. That was much more up close and personal boobage than I was prepared for.

Speaking of man boobs, I legit almost laugh-choked when I saw that pic of Pete with his shirt half on, pushing his moobs out from underneath the shirt. Dude has more cleavage than me. “Wow Unit, that is such a turn on!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I don't think it's the same thing at all. Hannah uses those words as terms of affection, and with Conrad, it was during a personal conversation about their fucked up, personal relationship. Pete is being a passive-aggressive, condescending asshat when he calls Malia sweetie and sweetheart, and didn't she already tell him to stop?

That being said, I think it would have been a better move if Malia had given him some sort of warning if he did that again, like losing his spot as lead deckhand, instead of the way Sandy handled it.

Hannah uses those words to demean people.

Last night, she called Lara "honey" at one point.  And I'm pretty sure it wasn't said with affection.

She often uses "honey, sweetie" when she is irritated with someone she supervises.  Not with affection. 

As far as the reset went.  Did Hannah even try?  I dont consider venting about a co worker, loud enough to hear you, at a relaxed dinner.  

I know the consensus is Jenna is the worst chief stew ever.  But I'm a party of one who thinks Hannah is worse.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 6