Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Italian's Job

• Start Topic

(edited)
On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 1:41 PM, heavysnaxx said:

Exactly.

The more relevant distinction between Hannah and Pete is that Pete feels entitled to address his superior, Malia, this way. If the difference still isn't clear, try imagining Pete addressing another superior this way. Like Captain Lee.

IIRC, Hannah has never done the equivalent to her superior, Sandy.

I should have made that distinction too, that at work it isn't appropriate, especially to a superior. I wouldn't talk down to someone either at work. I had an older female work colleague who would call me things like sweetie, but not at work, but when we'd hang out after work. Totally okay with me because she knew when it was okay.

I don't remember Hannah ever saying that to Captain Sandy. I admit I would be thinking of words but not saying them.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, heavysnaxx said:

Exactly.

The more relevant distinction between Hannah and Pete is that Pete feels entitled to address his superior, Malia, this way. If the difference still isn't clear, try imagining Pete addressing another superior this way. Like Captain Lee.

IIRC, Hannah has never done the equivalent to her superior, Sandy.

Isn’t Bugsy Pete’s superior? She has 2 stripes to his one. At the end of her first charter he tells her about “c*ck bouncing stews” that were fun on his other job experience? He decides he is not going to make it easy for her, like he did with Lara, he will “actually make her work for it” What world do we live in where a 28 year old man says that to his SUPERIOR officer at his brand new job on camera without ANY shame or sense that is wrong AT ALL?!! GTFOH and go call Lara, Pete. No one is interested in you. Lara can’t get along since primary school. Go fuck off together. Get him off TV. 

14 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Isn’t Bugsy Pete’s superior? She has 2 stripes to his one. At the end of her first charter he tells her about “c*ck bouncing stews” that were fun on his other job experience? He decides he is not going to make it easy for her, like he did with Lara, he will “actually make her work for it” What world do we live in where a 28 year old man says that to his SUPERIOR officer at his brand new job on camera without ANY shame or sense that is wrong AT ALL?!! GTFOH and go call Lara, Pete. No one is interested in you. Lara can’t get along since primary school. Go fuck off together. Get him off TV. 

Leaving aside the issue of propriety, is that an aphrodisiac among twentysomethings, to brag about one's exploits, as a way to entice another young woman he's trying to conquer?

On 6/15/2020 at 10:11 PM, TexasGal said:

I don’t understand how Sandy can think that her having the ”sweetheart” conversation with the deck guys is going to earn Malia any respect from them.  First of all, it looks like Malia went and tattled on them.  Second, Malia needed to handle that herself.  It’s not like she tried and they ignored her.  We didn’t see her say a word to them about finding that inappropriate.

I agree.  Not only did she look foolish, when she basically repeated what Sandy said right after, she said it so meekly.

Of course, it's a shame that she ever had to deal with that.  But she really seems way too meek for that position.  Some people just aren't meant to be a boss.

19 hours ago, scrb said:

Leaving aside the issue of propriety, is that an aphrodisiac among twentysomethings, to brag about one's exploits, as a way to entice another young woman he's trying to conquer?

In my experience, that would be a definite no. However, I am no longer in that age demographic, nor was I ever in the “we tolerate disgusting behavior like it is normal” social circles. I cringe to think that even could be socially tolerated among people under 30. I would no longer even notice that Pete exists after hearing his mouth and telling him to knock it off hard and fast. Alex and Rob seem to give him a lot of distance. They got his number too and don’t want to be associated with him.

• Love 2