Type keyword(s) to search

Ariela and Biniyam: Haile Suspicious!

• Start Topic

so basically same situation as asuelo, got pregnant by the local dancer.  the unfortunate part is sweet faced Bini probably won't make it the the US, and Ari will eventually take her baby home to live in a safe environment.  poor kid will grow up with a dad who exists on FaceTime.

I'm sure her parents are livid. their daughter is an adult but creates problems that she can't manage on her own.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Did I miss something? I thought Ari and her family are all Jewish but it's been commented in the thread from last night's episode that her mom is Catholic.

Did i miss something in the episode?

She said her mother was Roman Catholic.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought you are Jewish if your mother is.  Maybe her mom or Ari converted?

That is true, traditionally. There are so many interfaith marriages in the US that I don't know how true it is now.  I guess she had a bat mitzvah.

If I heard correctly--not always the case-- she said her mother IS Roman Catholic.  So it sounds like the mother didn't convert, but we don't know whether her mother practices the faith.  Maybe the parents let the children choose, and Ari chose Jewish.  ]I did, however, get the feeling from earlier episodes that it was a close-knit observant Jewish family.  

Also from the previews of the show, it sounded to me as though all Ari needed to do was find a Christian wet nurse for her child so that the child could be Baptized, but I guess Ari must convert and be Baptized herself in order to participate in certain other Sacraments prior to the child's Baptism. 

I predict she moves back to New Jersey within a few months of the birth of this child, if not sooner.   Neither of them seem particularly bright.

\

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

That is true, traditionally. There are so many interfaith marriages in the US that I don't know how true it is now.  I guess she had a bat mitzvah.

If I heard correctly--not always the case-- she said her mother IS Roman Catholic.  So it sounds like the mother didn't convert, but we don't know whether her mother practices the faith.  Maybe the parents let the children choose, and Ari chose Jewish.  ]I did, however, get the feeling from earlier episodes that it was a close-knit observant Jewish family.  

Also from the previews of the show, it sounded to me as though all Ari needed to do was find a Christian wet nurse for her child so that the child could be Baptized, but I guess Ari must convert and be Baptized herself in order to participate in certain other Sacraments prior to the child's Baptism. 

I predict she moves back to New Jersey within a few months of the birth of this child, if not sooner.   Neither of them seem particularly bright.

So basically Ari/Bini have the same storyline as Libby/Andrei's part a. Libby had to get baptized so they can marry in the Orthodox faith and Elenore can be baptized.  

I can't see Ari bending to this concession especially since Bini has already one child who is probably being raised Christian in the States. 

Many of these 90-day couples are so mismatched.  Biniyam is clearly no prize, but what the heck does he find exciting or interesting about Ari?  I'm not very familiar with this couple, so maybe she was dynamic and fun before being slowed down by pregnancy?  She's not terribly attractive, either (neither is he).   And he claims not to want to come to the U.S.  So what am I missing here?

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Many of these 90-day couples are so mismatched.  Biniyam is clearly no prize, but what the heck does he find exciting or interesting about Ari?  I'm not very familiar with this couple, so maybe she was dynamic and fun before being slowed down by pregnancy?  She's not terribly attractive, either (neither is he).   And he claims not to want to come to the U.S.  So what am I missing here?

They both strike me as "I will do just enough to get by" kinda folks.  He is a mediocre dancer she is a free lance writer who also works for her dad (shades of Libby here.)

• Love 10

Ari did say her mom is Roman Catholic and dad is Jewish... I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but I kept saying ( and Mr Polli also said) something is off- they don't seem Jewish.  Also, I thought it was off that she is wearing a big Jewish Star while traveling in Ethiopia. Just seemed to be a bit of not good judgement.

What really got me was her sister named Kristen. Yes I know you can name a child anything but that and a few other comments just did not seem to add up. Actually although I was surprised when she said her mom is RC, I felt redeemed!. And yes in  Judaism  a child is considered Jewish if the mother is. A child born of a non Jewish mother would have to have a formal conversion to be considered Jewish. This is according to the strict interpretation of the religion. My guess is Ari marches to her own beat anyway and considers herself Jewish.  It only really matters to someone who is very religiously observant.

Edited by Polliwollidoodle
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Okay I’m not Jewish but isn’t there a Jewish version of hell?  Ari is against Christianity just because of hell?

No. No hell in the Jewish faith I was brought up in, anyway (Conservative, which is in the middle). Emphasis is on this life, not the afterlife. Now I consider myself maybe Reform, though very unobservant. (And by the way it is Reform, not Reformed.)

Edited by judylo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 8/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, CouchTater said:

maybe that's just a  line.  like a gold digger who says she isn't interested in the old man's money.  I think he'd love to make it back to the US, especially since his other child lives there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, judylo said:

No. No hell in the Jewish faith I was brought up in, anyway (Conservative, which is in the middle). Emphasis is on this life, not the afterlife. Now I consider myself maybe Reform, though very unobservant. (And by the way it is Reform, not Reformed.)

Thank you for the post.  It seems like Ari is getting real with the fact that her pampered life is about to over.  Nice home, nice job, running water, etc, and now she is very far from home.......and pregnant.  To a so so dancer, who although seems sweet, does not seem like a go getter.

• Love 9

As I understand it, Ariela's mom was married and had three children. They were Roman Catholic. She, a nurse, met Ariela's dad, a doctor, divorced her husband and married him. He is Jewish and I think, but don't know why I think this, he is Reform, and that is why Ariela is Jewish from birth. 

Somewhere, maybe during the show, she said she experienced both religions and felt Jewish fit her better. Her half-siblings were raised Roman Catholic but if it's been said what they practice now, I don't know it. I have a hell of a time paying attention to her storyline.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2020 at 6:35 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

Ari did say her mom is Roman Catholic and dad is Jewish... I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but I kept saying ( and Mr Polli also said) something is off- they don't seem Jewish.  Also, I thought it was off that she is wearing a big Jewish Star while traveling in Ethiopia. Just seemed to be a bit of not good judgement.

What really got me was her sister named Kristen. Yes I know you can name a child anything but that and a few other comments just did not seem to add up. Actually although I was surprised when she said her mom is RC, I felt redeemed!. And yes in  Judaism  a child is considered Jewish if the mother is. A child born of a non Jewish mother would have to have a formal conversion to be considered Jewish. This is according to the strict interpretation of the religion. My guess is Ari marches to her own beat anyway and considers herself Jewish.  It only really matters to someone who is very religiously observant.

When I saw that enormous Jewish star on Areola’s neck, I wondered what was going on there. Most Jews I know (I’m Jewish) rarely wear any kind of religious jewelry, certainly not a billboard size Star of David. Perhaps that is different in Israel where Jews are in the majority? I don’t know. 

If anyone needs a better understanding of a woman’s old school conversion to Judaism, think back to Charlotte’s conversion in Sex and the City. 

• Useful 4
On 8/18/2020 at 3:35 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

Also, I thought it was off that she is wearing a big Jewish Star while traveling in Ethiopia. Just seemed to be a bit of not good judgement.

Actually, there are Jews in Ethiopia, they're said to be one of the original tribes I think. You can read about it if you search on Wiki.

• Love 8

Yes, there are Jews left in Ethiopia (though many have also been airlifted to Israel). They have a long history in Ethiopia  and are absolutely Jewish. My point though is that Ethiopia is not a great place to be Jewish, so if I found myself there,as a Jew, I would be eager to seek out other Jewish people, but I would not wear a large star of David.

• Love 5

I can believe that.  The last one took the intercession of two Congressional offices,   Then when he says the other wife left and took their son, they were in the U.S. when they married, and no mention of them going back to Ethiopia, but there have been allegations he overstayed his visa, ,and my guess he was booted.   

I suspect Bini will never be in the U.S., and I'm fine with that.   If Ari wants to make a family, she can live in Ethiopia.      My guess is she'll be right back in New Jersey one of these days, and Bini won't be playing butt bongo here.     

If I had a custody issue with someone, then I wouldn't take a kid to visit in their country.    Who says the kid will be allowed to come back to the U.S.?   Also, I just because U.S. law says one thing about divorce, or custody, means nothing when you go to another country.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Someone said he overstayed his visa so I think when that occurs you have to wait like seven years to reapply.

Edit: It’s either three years or ten years depending on how long you overstayed.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1

I don't know...regarding the whole visitation scenario:  I think we can all agree there is a lot of he said/she said that goes on.  I wish these fools would think about these things before bringing a baby into the world.  "Gee, we live 3000 miles apart and who know if you can come live in the USA, let's go ahead and see what happens!!"

2 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

maybe he could do his butt bongo dance on a cruise ship.  

I have been on a few cruises, the dancers are WAY more talented!!!  Nice suggestion, though, lol!!

Edited to add:  There is footage of the upcoming episode where Ari is laid out on the delivery table, crying, saying "I'm not ready!"  Sorry to sound cold, but again.....did this not occur this could happen?  Look, you dug the guy with the dreads on vacation, but now you are with short haired, not a very good dancer, living in a place with very few perks.  Count your losses and go home.  I would have been outta there when I saw his places he had chosed for us to live.  Sorry, but I like my refridgeration, clean running water and a toilet that flushes.  If she were 18 I wold have a but more empathy but she is 28, 29 and the child of a doctor and a nurse.  Me thinks older brother and sister are standouts in their fields and Ari felt overlooked:  "Mom and Dad will pay attention to me NOW!"  Could be wrong, though.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have been on a few cruises, the dancers are WAY more talented!!!

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y!!!!  And they have to do it on a moving deck!!!!

(And I've been more than "a few" cruises on multiple cruise lines.)

• Love 5

The former babysitter said that  the stepsiblings were cruel to Ari, which may be part of why she was a cutter in her teens.  Maybe they resented the child of the woman who broke up their mother’s marriage if there was an affair involved.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y!!!!  And they have to do it on a moving deck!!!!

(And I've been more than "a few" cruises on multiple cruise lines.)

Side note:  We were supposed to go on a cruse first in JUne, then August.  So glad the Florida Port Authority shut her down.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't know...regarding the whole visitation scenario:  I think we can all agree there is a lot of he said/she said that goes on.  I wish these fools would think about these things before bringing a baby into the world.  "Gee, we live 3000 miles apart and who know if you can come live in the USA, let's go ahead and see what happens!!"

I have been on a few cruises, the dancers are WAY more talented!!!  Nice suggestion, though, lol!!

Edited to add:  There is footage of the upcoming episode where Ari is laid out on the delivery table, crying, saying "I'm not ready!"  Sorry to sound cold, but again.....did this not occur this could happen?  Look, you dug the guy with the dreads on vacation, but now you are with short haired, not a very good dancer, living in a place with very few perks.  Count your losses and go home.  I would have been outta there when I saw his places he had chosed for us to live.  Sorry, but I like my refridgeration, clean running water and a toilet that flushes.  If she were 18 I wold have a but more empathy but she is 28, 29 and the child of a doctor and a nurse.  Me thinks older brother and sister are standouts in their fields and Ari felt overlooked:  "Mom and Dad will pay attention to me NOW!"  Could be wrong, though.

As shallow as it sounds, seeing him with short hair seems to be when she decided she was no longer attracted to him, and unfortunately, that was as deep as the relationship went - physical attraction. I don't think they have anything in common, like, nothing. They just say, I love you, I love you, but what do they talk about? I feel like she did the rich-girl-slumming-it thing while it was cool, but now she is facing becoming a permanent member of that society and realizes she took it too far. I do like her mother, though, for what it's worth.

• Love 14
On 8/26/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Side note:  We were supposed to go on a cruse first in JUne, then August.  So glad the Florida Port Authority shut her down.

Ours was March 21...We had our medallions, everything was ready to go. It was cancelled just days before we were to sail..  I was so bummed but totally understood....we have one booked this March...highly unlikely we will be able to go and then November 2021, and April 2022...hoping we can resume cruising by then!!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, endure said:

Here’s  a preview of the second half of the season starting in Oct

Boy, it looks really good!

• Love 1

Re : the preview I never thought Ari would stay to give birth there. I thought she would go home.  A C section ! UGH

I am a little worried about her in general. The cutting as a teen, she seems very depressed, low tempo and a bit unable to fly from the nest. Didn't she drag herself to work late for her dad's dr office and she lived upstairs?

• Love 2

Ariela posted a few photos of Ethiopia. She mentioned in a different post, I think it was a different post, but it was somewhere that she was trying to load more photos but having difficulty. So, this only has a few:

• Love 4

Ok. So. This is Ariella's mother! She was a horse trainer and the daughter of a horse trainer who suffered barn fires, a bankruptcy (Nini Chysler Plymouth) his string of race horses being poisoned by bad feed among other things. This article says his daughter Janice took over, horses owned by her husband, Ari's dad.  Janice has seen some stuff if she was a horse trainer at Phila Park working on the backside! This article is dated 1999. If Ariella is 28 ish, she was growing up there too. 

https://archive.centraljersey.com/2000/06/22/nini-keeps-family-tradition-alive/

Fined for competing horse failing a drug test: espn.com/horse/news/2001/0622/1217710.html

There's more incl a Racing Commission docket # against her but I can't find it online. FBI skills slackin' in pandemic lol

Some financial stuff out there about Janice and the dr too. I feel like Ari lived a life growing up. Interesting.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I read through a reputable source that Binyan's visa was denied three times to come to the USA.

Denied three times? Did a cock crow after the third one? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1