Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Hurricane Leah

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Luann must have suffered some memory loss due to her drinking. She said with such conviction that she “never” behaved as bad as Leah when drinking (cue to roll into the bushes footage).  However, that wasn’t the ONLY drunken antic for Lu.  It’s the one of the few filmed.  How about her whole arrest story?  Walking into the wrong hotel room with some rando from the bar?  Resisting arrest and assaulting a cop?  Running through the backyard in her nightgown, screeching for millions to buy a house? 

Hahaha!  Good times.   

Just reading this list (especially the bolded item) made me laugh out loud!   Luann was (is?)  a ridiculous and crazy drunk but generally fun.   That tantrum with Leah was not fun.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Leah is 37 years old with a child. Not some young girl like Luann and Dorinda were trying to imply. Her behavior was disturbing. When is bravo going to learn we enjoy catty and messy but not belligerent? I don’t want to see a mental breakdown on my screen. 

This!

I don't even understand why  Leah is screaming. She gets drunk and wants to just scream? 😄 is that fun ? LoL. Idk, I was bit drunk, maybe I missed something 😉😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Well, Ramona isn’t the only one whose family member got involved. Leah’s sister Sarah commented on Ramona’s Instagram, “Omg you are embarrassed by my sister @leahmob for entertaining you all at that boring dinner party? I was embarrassed when you pooped your pants the next night at dinner and were still prancing around trying to flirt with drunk married men with ‘soiled’ pants on. [Elyse Slaine] was my witness. But she was being a good friend and trying to distract me from your shit stained pants. And @averyinger please get your mom some depends.”

https://www.realitytea.com/2020/05/29/leah-mcsweeney-leah-slams-ramona-for-getting-avery-singer-involved-in-feud/

Can this whole situation go any lower?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Smart of someone - the venue? Ramona? producers? - to locate that spectacular dinner area as far from other people as possible. Maybe on the next vaca they can have dinner in a barnyard (no offense to farm animals).

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Good point from the recap on realitytea.com

Dorinda understands Leah – a kindred spirit in rage and retaliation. Leah, like Dorinda, loves to go hard, and they’re all fine and dandy until you piss them off. Yeah, the difference is that Leah isn’t mean. She’s ridiculous and outrageous and a lot of work to babysit, but she’s not mean. Dorinda is. Also, Leah isn’t bitter to her core, just the sole of her sneakers.

• Love 8
(edited)
59 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

That's right. The correct number is 50. But I bet you a soft pretzel if that question was asked at trivia, 95% of the field would say 52. I myself would probably say 52 thinking it was a trick question, I admit it 😬 The point I was trying to make was I knew what she meant, and I'm confident a lot of other viewers knew what she meant, so I thought it was silly thing to pile onto, folks calling her stupid and an idiot. It's not a hill to die on as far as housewives-isms are concerned. Now shrim shraw, that's another issue entirely 😄 

I think what she "meant" was "I'm drunk" and not really thinking much beyond that.  And no, I don't think most viewers believe that there are 52 states - I'd wager to guess that many Americans don't even realize that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory*. I don't even think Dorinda, when sober, would really think that. I think you really want to defend Dorinda because you like her but the fact is that she misspoke because she was once again drunk, not thinking "well, I must include Puerto Rico and DC when I mock Ramona's desire to not look foolish in Newport." 

* Also, FWIW, Puerto Rico isn't the only U.S. territory - Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Island are also territories, so even if galaxy brain Dorinda meant to include PR, she's still wrong on her math. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
39 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

50 states plus DC and Puerto Rico et al, which means ‘and others’.

Thank you.  I understand "et al" but must have missed it in your point.  Didn't see it.  Still not correct because a state isn't a territory so it isn't "et al."  My larger point is everybody knows we have 50 stars on the flag because we have 50 states.  You yourself said you'd guess 52.  Moving on.

I really want to hear everybody's thoughts about Leah not being rounded up and taken to the nearest ER.  That is the most provocative issue about this episode.

• Love 14

Dorinda's behavior with Bethenny at the meeting with the donors for the hurricane relief still stands out the most to me. She was totally drunk and didn't have any control and she was meeting with people she didn't know and people who were trying to get work done. If she can have that meeting drunk she's beyond just a social drinker. But she was very much the beta in that argument because she couldn't go up against Bethenny. But with Tinsdale and everyone else she thinks she's the alpha. She's really just an ass.

And Leah was doing a lot of acting or acting out along with drinking so much. That was planned behavior once she was told she couldn't bring her sister. Not discounting she maybe be experiencing a hypomanic episode, they can still plan misbehavior.

• Love 17

Dorinda was trying to be fairly nice on this trip.  Maybe she was told to STFU.  She’s still a know it all tho, or thinks she is.  She still butts in to correct everyone with her old sayings which I don’t know what the hell they mean.  “I served it up warm”.  Whatever that means in Medley lingo.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, albarino said:

Thank you.  I understand "et al" but must have missed it in your point.  Didn't see it.  Still not correct because a state isn't a territory so it isn't "et al."  My larger point is everybody knows we have 50 stars on the flag because we have 50 states.  You yourself said you'd guess 52.  Moving on.

I really want to hear everybody's thoughts about Leah not being rounded up and taken to the nearest ER.  That is the most provocative issue about this episode.

Because we don’t know if it was real or for the camera.  If it’s real, put Leah and Dorinda in the wagon too.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe she will go to rehab instead of filming, fingers crossed.  

How about Dorinda too.  She’s past due.  I can’t even look at her anymore, especially on the talking heads.  Who picked her for that?  They must have been intoxicated too.

• Love 7
(edited)

Somewhere I read that Leah is Bethenny’s friend - and when B decided to leave, Bravo fixed her up with Tinsley. Wonder if Leah thought she wouldn’t go back to her old ways because B would be there for support.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 2
41 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Dorinda's behavior with Bethenny at the meeting with the donors for the hurricane relief still stands out the most to me. She was totally drunk and didn't have any control and she was meeting with people she didn't know and people who were trying to get work done. If she can have that meeting drunk she's beyond just a social drinker. But she was very much the beta in that argument because she couldn't go up against Bethenny. But with Tinsdale and everyone else she thinks she's the alpha. She's really just an ass.

People in Haiti were going to college...blah blah blah blah Richard Richard Richard Richard.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/episode-6/videos/what-the-f-are-you-doing

• Love 5
9 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I’m sure Bravo won’t agree with me, but I would love to see an episode where these woman have a dinner or a mini vacation where only ONE glass of wine (or cocktail) is served at each meal, and no extra booze is supplied. I am curious how these people would interact without being lubricated by copious amounts of alcohol.  My theory is, they would discover they really have nothing in common other than getting blitzed and can’t related to one another as true friends do in the real world. 

I don’t find Tinsley’s pillow to be an issue.  I think her dependency on 5lbs of fake lashes is more concerning.

Dorinda needs deep therapy to deal with the death of her husband.  He is gone and never coming back.  To keep dragging the weight of his death and absence around is unhealthy.  Keep the memories, treasure his spirit, and how you felt as a couple.  Bring that happy, positive energy to your present life.  Wallowing in depression and reminiscing over what you had 7-8-9 years ago is grounding you in emotional cement.

Luann must have suffered some memory loss due to her drinking. She said with such conviction that she “never” behaved as bad as Leah when drinking (cue to roll into the bushes footage).  However, that wasn’t the ONLY drunken antic for Lu.  It’s the one of the few filmed.  How about her whole arrest story?  Walking into the wrong hotel room with some rando from the bar?  Resisting arrest and assaulting a cop?  Running through the backyard in her nightgown, screeching for millions to buy a house? 

Elyse is trying sooooo hard to get that apple, huh?  She has some Jill Zarin- level of thirst going on!

Thank God Sonja wasn’t the focus this week.  As uncomfortable as it was to see Leah’s behavior, I was thankful I didn’t have to hear about the yacht, the toaster, her ex, her pussy.  

As for Leah, that was disturbing and sad.  She seems to have been pushed into a slump over whoever “Pita Pocket” is and his no show date.  It shows me for all her tough girl attitude, Leah is a pretty fragile person with self esteem issues. Alcohol (or drugs) is not ever gonna help.  I wonder if her daughter’s father ends up using this footage to keep the daughter away from Leah, even short term?

Finally, I attended a wedding at Castle Hill a few years ago.  Absolutely stunning. One of the most gorgeous places I’ve visited.  I live 2 hours away from Newport, and we go on day trips often to shop, or tour the mansions. I had second hand embarrassment for every single store owner, hotel guest, waitstaff, tourist, squirrel and seashell who had to witness one minute of these women. For all their pretenses of class and etiquette, there is not one of them who knows how to behave in public.  

100% agree about Newport.  Especially in the Fall as opposed to the "Season" and they do Christmas up right also, as I recall.   

While Lu has issues without a doubt with her drinking, the majority of her really bad behavior, IMO, happened off season or on her own.  What was she thinking getting married to that serial cheater, by the way.  I always had a soft soft for Lu because she has a certain amount of class the others seem to lack.  And dresses appropriately for her age ---  plus always looks great.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

People in Haiti were going to college...blah blah blah blah Richard Richard Richard Richard.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/episode-6/videos/what-the-f-are-you-doing

Holy hell, I'd forgotten that scene.      She's slurring her words to the extent they needed to subtitle her.   Betheny summed it up perfectly when the next day she told Dorinda, "I cut you slack because you're a drunk. "   And even then, long before Blue Stone Manor flooded,  Dorinda used the excuse that she had "a lot going on in my life right now."   Loved Bethenny saying, "Who doesn't?".  Bethenny who was in the middle of a custody battle and divorce with a crazy vindictive man.  

I know it's unpopular but I miss Bethenny. 

• Love 20
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Holy hell, I'd forgotten that scene.      She's slurring her words to the extent they needed to subtitle her.   Betheny summed it up perfectly when the next day she told Dorinda, "I cut you slack because you're a drunk. "   And even then, long before Blue Stone Manor flooded,  Dorinda used the excuse that she had "a lot going on in my life right now."   Loved Bethenny saying, "Who doesn't?".  Bethenny who was in the middle of a custody battle and divorce with a crazy vindictive man.  

I know it's unpopular but I miss Bethenny. 

That scene made me miss Beth! I loved her her first go around and didn't like her as much when she came back.  But she could be wickedly funny! And Beth was so great in that episode.

And that scene really says it all about Dorinda.  And my God, to me her disbelief that people are going to college in Haiti seems as racist as when she handed the only black man in the restaurant his jacket like he's the help.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think you really want to defend Dorinda because you like her but the fact is that she misspoke.

All of us have misspoken at one point or another, and I said in an earlier post, I don't think 52 states is a hill to die on, yet she's been called stupid and an idiot. I don't think I defend her. I've said several times in various posts that her behavior is wrong and that I sympathize for what she's going through and what her apparent problems are, but it still doesn't excuse her behavior. 

I think she gets piled upon because people just want to hate her for a bunch of scripted bullsh*t. And I think the intense hateful reactions are pretty hypocritical because what is said online is a hundred times worse than anything we've seen on this lovely over-produced reality show. I don't believe in fighting hate with hate. I just don't. Doesn't excuse the way we've seen her behave. I'm just not going to hate her for it. I also think a lot of it is fake, including what we see on social. It's all part of the deal.

And I also think that what we've seen on RHoNY is a walk in the park compared to what real life bullying looks like, so enough! (Taylor Armstrong) with the melodrama. I've been through it worse than any of you can possibly conceive of, and I've been in therapy for it most of my adult life. I will never get over it. What we've seen between Dorinda and Tinsley is literally nuhhhhh-thing.

Seriously, in this episode, Dorinda was really perfectly fine and quite reserved save for an awkward moment with Tins when Leah was slashing and burning Ramona's dinner party, but here we have six pages that are half Leah is crazy and half I hate Dorinda the drunk. I mean Dorinda and Tinsley even hugged and kissed hello rather warmly, which was quite nice considering what we've seen in previous episodes. It just doesn't make any sense to me, and Dorinda will never win anything in this court of public opinion, even when she has a good show. And neither will I for that matter 😜 If anyone in the cast was that shattered by on-screen shenanigans, they can grow a set and walk. They don't have to be there if they don't want to be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Tinsley's pillowcase was surprisingly white for someone who sleeps with a TON of make-up on.  It was also perfectly pressed.  Must be nice having daily maid service!

Can't wait for Andy to bring up all of Luann's 2-faced conversations at the reunion.  

I don't think Leah was really all that drunk.  Her eyes were pretty open and she wasn't slurring.  I have a feeling a lot of her behavior was staged.  The hotel likely would have intervened when she started trying to wreck things.  Also, it seemed like Bravo added in the ripping sound when Leah went to the drapery.  When looking closely, she barely touched it, but sounded like she was destroying it.

Sonja gave me super creepy molester vibes after Leah got all touchy touchy with her.  I could see Sonja taking advantage of someone who was incapacitated.

Dorinda thinks she's the HBIC now that Bethenny is gone.  She also thinks she's clever, although her exorcist face was pretty funny.

Elyse will never get an apple.  You can tell she is thinking what we are all thinking while watching this go down.  She's over it already.

For these women always bringing up how "sophisticated" and "upper crust" they all are, none of them act like it, especially while traveling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

All of us have misspoken at one point or another, and I said in an earlier post, I don't think 52 states is a hill to die on, yet she's been called stupid and an idiot. I don't think I defend her. I've said several times in various posts that her behavior is wrong and that I sympathize for what she's going through and what her apparent problems are, but it still doesn't excuse her behavior. 

I think she gets piled upon because people just want to hate her for a bunch of scripted bullsh*t. And I think the intense hateful reactions are pretty hypocritical because what is said online is a hundred times worse than anything we've seen on this lovely over-produced reality show. I don't believe in fighting hate with hate. I just don't. Doesn't excuse the way we've seen her behave. I'm just not going to hate her for it. I also think a lot of it is fake, including what we see on social. It's all part of the deal.

And I also think that what we've seen on RHoNY is a walk in the park compared to what real life bullying looks like, so enough! (Taylor Armstrong) with the melodrama. I've been through it worse than any of you can possibly conceive of, and I've been in therapy for it most of my adult life. I will never get over it. What we've seen between Dorinda and Tinsley is literally nuhhhhh-thing.

Seriously, in this episode, Dorinda was really perfectly fine and quite reserved save for an awkward moment with Tins when Leah was slashing and burning Ramona's dinner party, but here we have six pages that are half Leah is crazy and half I hate Dorinda the drunk. I mean Dorinda and Tinsley even hugged and kissed hello rather warmly, which was quite nice considering what we've seen in previous episodes. It just doesn't make any sense to me, and Dorinda will never win anything in this court of public opinion, even when she has a good show. And neither will I for that matter 😜 If anyone in the cast was that shattered by on-screen shenanigans, they can grow a set and walk. They don't have to be there if they don't want to be.

Not gonna lie, as much as I'm appalled by Dorinda and some of her antics, I would miss her if she left the show.  She is def. one of those  people that when she's not antagonistic/drunk, she can be very likable.  And she makes damn good reality TV.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Was she drunk at Ramona's party? If not her behavior seemed to be almost as egregious as when she's drunk. Lately there isn't much difference in her behavior drunk or sober.

• Love 7

I have no dog in this fight.  I like to think I’m a neutral arbiter, though I tend to be harder on fan favorites.  But I’m extremely critical of everyone.  There is no Housewife who gets even a mini-pass from me on this franchise right now.  When there’s a pile-on, I usually enjoy being the devil’s advocate for the underdog.  Last season, for me that was Luann, but I still said when she was horrible.  This season I find Ramona the most likable, but she has been so horrible in the past that if she has to take a few licks this season that she doesn’t deserve, so be it.

I don’t feel the need to protect Ramona and I definitely don’t feel the need to protect Tinsley.  I do not like Tinsley.  I barely respect her.  Falling on the floor for Scott—whether real or fake—was pathetic.  I don’t care about her pillow, but the way she screeched for getting a tiara that probably cost Ramona $1.99 from the party store annoyed me.  I would like to see her off the show, I’ve made no bones about that.  

Having said allll that, and as a victim of overthinking (you should see how dumb I sometimes can be on the $400 Jeopardy! questions), Dorinda holds herself up as this woman of the world.  She is pompous.  I think she thinks she’s better than other people in intelligence, and she’s demonstrating that she’s not, and I think that’s worth calling out.  Last week she said something about the Turkish bath reminded her of “Hamas.”  

This week she said that Ramona would embarrass herself “in Newport” and “the other 51 states.”  So, not only was she implying that Newport was a state, which is contrary to the image she likes to portray, but she implied there were 52 states.  I mean, that’s rough to defend for a woman who thinks she’s intellectually superior to a lot of other people, and I think she would jump on someone for saying that if she realized it in time.  Unless they were a member of her protected class, like Leah, who is just a struggling young mom who doesn’t have to even be able to count to 50 (or 51 or 52), because she is too busy and stressed to have to do anything other than get wasted.   

When a Housewife comes on and has a reputation for being dumb or dim, I don’t jump on every mistake.  Some things just have to slide.  I don’t consider this one of them.  I was just watching an old episode of Real Housewives of DC and one of the Housewives and her daughter seemed to think they were very intellectual and superior (not unlike Dorinda) and they had a conversation about how “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” were guaranteed by the Constitution.  At the time this first aired, I remember pointing it out on TWOP that I wanted to know what provision of the Constitution that was, or I made some other bitchy comment.  When a Real Housewife of Atlanta says her husband did a “360” when she means “180” I comment on it.  Same when someone said “PIN number.”  I just have to wonder what’s going through people’s head sometimes.  It’s all part of the snark to me.  

The more someone likes to cultivate an image, the more likely I am to point out the parts of their character that are counter to that image.  I’m not sure if that’s just human nature, or if it makes me a bitch, but that’s how I do.  it’s like these Housewives who say they have perfect marriages—I’m more inclined to point out the flaws in their marriages.  Or if they say they never fight with their friends, I am going to nitpick anytime they get in a tiff.  I am still more shocked hearing Luann curse than the other ladies, because she went over four seasons not saying one curse word because she was the conceited countess for so long.  

So maybe it’s my limitation that I hold onto things and let them stick in my craw, but this was the second week in a row Professor Dorinda said something dumb and I think it deserves to be called out.  It’s like I said about Leah earlier in the season—once is perhaps deserving of a mulligan, but twice (especially in two consecutive episodes) is a pattern, and when behavior becomes a pattern, it becomes cumulative and more than the sum of its parts.  You know how they say not to count another person’s money?  I’m always counting all their money, and I’m always counting and cataloguing their mistakes, especially when they act holier than thou.  

I do feel that if Tinsley had said it, I would feel just as annoyed as if Dorinda said it, and I would have been just as quick to point it out.  Tinsley often annoys me.  I’m not sure if I’ve been clear about that.  😎

• Love 11
8 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Those shops are right on the waterfront.  It’s not a big area.   You go up a hill from that area (right past the church where JFK and Jackie were married) and you end up on Bellevue where the mansions are located.  The farm where Jackie spent her summers is off the loop of Ocean Drive and is absolutely gorgeous.  Leno bought an enormous home off of Ocean Drive.

I remember touring the home "Hammersmith Farm" which was Jackie Kennedy's summer home for many years.  I believe it belonged to her stepfather?   Anyway, the thing I loved most about it was the way it was decorated with beautiful flowers and   one bedroom, for example, was all done with white and pink, with a bed tray  on the bed for effect.  The colors and prints were things people could actually buy someplace, not heavy velvet and gold leaf,  like most of the mansions.   Like real people could live there and enjoy it.

My very favorite thing was a living room with a grand piano, where famous people played and had an lovely view of the water.....additionally, the glass opened the entire width of the area onto a terrace that you could walk out onto with your cocktail or whatever.  I highly recommend a trip to the area for history, beautiful views and great food.  Note:  I believe that Hammersmith was sold privately and no longer available for tours.  The other mansions are  open though during the season

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

She [Tinsley] went to Columbia and played tennis there...she's not just a sugar coated cupcake. Honestly, I'll take her any day over the witches of the Upper East Side. She has a good heart and at least tries to mend fences. The scene where she feigned surprise when Scott came to visit was probably scripted and rehearsed. Come on...this show is heavily scripted except for the alcohol feuled spats and antics. 

I hope that surprise collapse was scripted because I  was honestly embarrassed for her thinking it was a genuine reaction.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I said I'd guess 52 thinking it was a trick question. But the bottom line is everybody hates Dorinda, therefore she gets no passes.

She called the baths Hamas last week and this week it’s 52 states, she doesn’t get a pass because she is a moron who tries to act like she is knowledgeable and worldly because her dead husband was but be it wet brain or that she has always been dumb she says stupid shit all the time.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, albarino said:

I'm amazed that these women were not thoroughly disgusted at Leah's behavior and not sitting around the table the next day talking about how something needs to be done about her. All of these high society bitches were ok with that? You would at least think they were all jealous and wanted to ice her out because she took away all of their camera time and she is rapidly becoming the center of attention.  Yet, they snicker, gossip and backstab Tinsley because she has a high pitched voice, cries and likes to carry her own pillow with her when she travels. I'm losing my patience with these old hags and the new young hag. 

• Love 16
(edited)
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm amazed that these women were not thoroughly disgusted at Leah's behavior and not sitting around the table the next day talking about how something needs to be done about her. All of these high society bitches were ok with that? You would at least think they were all jealous and wanted to ice her out because she took away all of their camera time and she is rapidly becoming the center of attention.  Yet, they snicker, gossip and backstab Tinsley because she has a high pitched voice, cries and likes to carry her own pillow with her when she travels. I'm losing my patience with these old hags and the new young hag. 

Well to be fair, Leah acts like she could cut a bitch where Tinsley...she might squeal but there would be no lasting harm. So self-preservation reigns supreme.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Leah was a damn mess. It was like a toddler out of control. Why does she go for property damage. Its not her stuff. 

Of course Dorinda would defend her. 

I love how the girls roll their eyes when Ramona pulls the childhood card. 

What is the point of Elyse. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Okay, well, I heartily disagree that Dorinda was "perfectly fine" but sure, I will give you reserved because she wasn't screaming abuse at Tinsley drunkenly at the top of her lungs.  And I never claimed she was stupid - just drunk. Which she herself admits happens to her many times. 

I am very comfortable with my stance on Dorinda and her narcissistic behavior and I wish you god speed in your championing of her character. 

• Love 17
(edited)
8 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Okay, well, I heartily disagree that Dorinda was "perfectly fine" but sure, I will give you reserved because she wasn't screaming abuse at Tinsley drunkenly at the top of her lungs.  And I never claimed she was stupid - just drunk. Which she herself admits happens to her many times. 

I am very comfortable with my stance on Dorinda and her narcissistic behavior and I wish you god speed in your championing of her character. 

I never said you did. 

ETA: Also all I have ever said is I don’t hate her. I don’t believe that is championing her character. Sure she does things that I don’t particularly like but I don’t have to hate her in order to validate that. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

That's right. The correct number is 50. But I bet you a soft pretzel if that question was asked at trivia, 95% of the field would say 52. I myself would probably say 52 thinking it was a trick question, I admit it 😬 The point I was trying to make was I knew what she meant, and I'm confident a lot of other viewers knew what she meant, so I thought it was silly thing to pile onto, folks calling her stupid and an idiot. It's not a hill to die on as far as housewives-isms are concerned. Now shrim shraw, that's another issue entirely 😄 

3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Can't agree that 95% of people who are asked how many states are in the Us would answer 52. No way. I would wager that anyone past 3rd. grade US history knows that there are 50 states.  You know 50 stars on the flag. Have you ever hear the little song "Fifty nifty United States from 13 original colonies"?  Dorinda is not stupid or an idiot and I don't hate her but she is a drunk and who know what is going on in her mind.

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

Can't agree that 95% of people who are asked how many states are in the Us would answer 52. No way. I would wager that anyone past 3rd. grade US history knows that there are 50 states.  You know 50 stars on the flag. Have you ever heard the little song "Fifty nifty United States from 13 original colonies"?  Dorinda is not stupid or an idiot and I don't hate her but she is a drunk and who know what is going on in her mind.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

This season is a dud. Each week is over the top drunken antics where they are screaming at each other. I have to turn on closed captioning to decipher what their arguing about. 🤷‍♀️

Even the closed caption has trouble keeping up!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I agree with you.  I thought she was definitely playing up the drunk act.  Not that she wasn't, but I do believe she's coming in as that gangsta persona.  She knows she's the youngster on a show where the women are aging out of it.

I seriously wonder if Avery, despite being smart and college educated, is going to be the next generation and will be on the show as a cast member.  B/c this beef between her and Leah on instagram seems like they are gearing up for a new castmember.

I doubt Avery would do that.   She has always been the "adult" in the family and a lovely child IMO.   Putting up with her parents, especially her mother, had to be a trial, which she always seemed to handle well.   Glad she went to college and was as normal as she could be.  Cannot see her throwing it all away now.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Can't agree that 95% of people who are asked how many states are in the Us would answer 52.

Well, then candidate Barack Obama told a crowd in Oregon that he'd been to 57 states, with one more left to go, so there's that!!  It is surprising that a U.S. citizen doesn't know there are 50 states.  Didn't we learn that back in 1st grade?  Even so, I can overlook that with Dorinda because she has far more egregious faults in regards to her treatment of Tinsley.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And Leah was doing a lot of acting or acting out along with drinking so much. That was planned behavior once she was told she couldn't bring her sister. Not discounting she maybe be experiencing a hypomanic episode, they can still plan misbehavior.

I thought more than once that Leah wasn't drunk at all and acting it up.  I thought I saw fake crying too but I could be wrong. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m sorry @Keywestclubkid. Being bullied as a young person sucks rocks 😢

It’s all good .. just saying one persons bullying shouldn’t diminish anyone else’s.....bullying comes in all forms and a lot of it starts out with what Dorinda is doing she is a classic example of what a bully does. 

• Love 23
(edited)
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Having said allll that, and as a victim of overthinking (you should see how dumb I sometimes can be on the $400 Jeopardy! questions), Dorinda holds herself up as this woman of the world.  She is pompous.  I think she thinks she’s better than other people in intelligence, and she’s demonstrating that she’s not, and I think that’s worth calling out.  Last week she said something about the Turkish bath reminded her of “Hamas.”  

I thought it was funny a few weeks ago when Dorinda, woman of the world, could not understand Jacques' accent during his stand up routine. I am far from a woman of the world, and had no problem understanding him. You would think that someone as well traveled as Dorinda would have developed an ear for accents. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s all good .. just saying one persons bullying shouldn’t diminish anyone else’s.....bullying comes in all forms and a lot of it starts out with what Dorinda is doing she is a classic example of what a bully does. 

As much as I hated seeing Tinsley apologize to Dorinda, she did say that she can't stand to have friction with another person.  Maybe she was just trying to appease the bully so that she'd leave her alone.  I've seen that kind of behavior back in junior high where someone would do whatever the bully wanted just so they'd leave them alone.  I'm also wondering if Dorinda's rants at Tinsley are a trigger for her in regards to the abuse she suffered several years ago.  This might be why she goes into "screeching" mode.  I don't think she really knows how to fight back verbally with Dorinda, and she knows she has the upper hand in the whole thing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

As much as I hated seeing Tinsley apologize to Dorinda, she did say that she can't stand to have friction with another person.  Maybe she was just trying to appease the bully so that she'd leave her alone.  I've seen that kind of behavior back in junior high where someone would do whatever the bully wanted just so they'd leave them alone.  I'm also wondering if Dorinda's rants at Tinsley are a trigger for her in regards to the abuse she suffered several years ago.  This might be why she goes into "screeching" mode.  I don't think she really knows how to fight back verbally with Dorinda, and she knows she has the upper hand in the whole thing. 

It also wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Tinsley is continuing behavior that she got used to having to appease an alcoholic father.

• Useful 5
  • Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

100% a lot of battered spouses do this. They will apologize to keep the peace they take the blame so it will just stop they just get so mentally beat down that any way to stop the barrage and onslaught of venom they will take. Every time Dorinda has seen Tinsly she has thrown out something even in passing ... you are nothing you are a whore you are below me you are a child all this said to break her down 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Scograd said:

Tinsley's pillowcase was surprisingly white for someone who sleeps with a TON of make-up on.  It was also perfectly pressed.  Must be nice having daily maid service!

Can't wait for Andy to bring up all of Luann's 2-faced conversations at the reunion.  

I don't think Leah was really all that drunk.  Her eyes were pretty open and she wasn't slurring.  I have a feeling a lot of her behavior was staged.  The hotel likely would have intervened when she started trying to wreck things.  Also, it seemed like Bravo added in the ripping sound when Leah went to the drapery.  When looking closely, she barely touched it, but sounded like she was destroying it.

Sonja gave me super creepy molester vibes after Leah got all touchy touchy with her.  I could see Sonja taking advantage of someone who was incapacitated.

Dorinda thinks she's the HBIC now that Bethenny is gone.  She also thinks she's clever, although her exorcist face was pretty funny.

Elyse will never get an apple.  You can tell she is thinking what we are all thinking while watching this go down.  She's over it already.

For these women always bringing up how "sophisticated" and "upper crust" they all are, none of them act like it, especially while traveling.

They all came from nothing.  A nurse, a hostess, a realtor, Ramoaner was poor before marrying, Bethenny was dirt poor until she worked hard then became a business woman.  Most got money thru marriage, but now act like royalty, except Tinsley, who’s a socialite.  I don’t get  their thinking they are upper crust.  BTW, they filmed last October.  Why hasn’t the Countess had any cabaret dates, or has she?  They usually show at least one.

• Useful 2
51 minutes ago, oceanview said:

I doubt Avery would do that.   She has always been the "adult" in the family and a lovely child IMO.   Putting up with her parents, especially her mother, had to be a trial, which she always seemed to handle well.   Glad she went to college and was as normal as she could be.  Cannot see her throwing it all away now.

Avery might have been a lovely child, who knows. That doesn’t mean she’s hasn’t grown up to be just like her mother. 

• Love 6
(edited)
37 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I understand that Tinsley couldn’t take friction with Dorinda as it’s uncomfortable, but Geeze, why couldn’t Dorinda apologize to Tinsley.  Tinsley took the high road, Dorinda wouldn’t budge.  Is Dorinda going to go thru life doing the same thing? Plus keep getting away with it?  I didn’t like all of them hugging and kissing Dorinda after what she did.  No one consoled Tins, except LuAnn.  Ramona is the worst, hugging and kissing her because she put on the waterworks.  Maybe Ramona is the next target.  Is she going to take it?  Dorinda was vile at the farm.  No excuse.  Just how many incidents has Dorinda had in the last couple of years?  Too many.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Has a gay child growing up in the south with a super religious family I can say I have experienced my fair share of bullying and can honestly say no matter what form or how bad it gets ( and it was bad trust me) I Can say 100% from my point of view  Dorinda is a bully ... she might not be physically abusing Tinsly but she is sure has hell  mentally abusing her 

There are all kinds of bullies for sure.  Sorry  you had to be  one of the targets.  You seem like a nice person and pretty funny sometimes.   You have handled it well, I guess?

• Love 6