Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Hurricane Leah

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Steph J said:

They could show the clip of Luann falling into the bushes every single episode and I would not complain.

Same here!!  The Countess (and self described expert on everyone else's behavior) taking a header into the bushes will never get old to me and often is easily the funniest part of any episode - including this one.    

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I felt bad for Tinsley at that moment. She made an effort to make peace with The Beast. She said she wanted the vitriol to end and tried to make amends, and Dorinda was like, "Weellllll, I don't knooww,..." 

And then defends Leah's lunatic behavior because she's a young single mother? WTF? Dorinda needed to give herself that speach about being judgemental. Projection much?

I know, seriously. The fact that Dorinda was like, "yeah, somehow it's still your fault that I'm a miserable person, Tinsley" is what was so infuriating to me. At some point, Tins was just to just walk away because there is no negotiating with an emotional vampire like Dorinda. 

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

UO / I like Elyse.

I like Elyse too, but I don't think she should've broached that subject with Leah since they barely know each other.  That's a delicate subject to just throw out there while shopping!  Even in the best circumstance, Leah isn't going to take that information very well.   I did love Elyse's impersonation of Dorinda.  She was spot on!

Who is ultimately responsible for what content gets aired with this show?   This franchise is quickly going down the toilet. Why are they so hell-bent on pushing the 'let's get batshit crazy drunk' narrative?  The show can be so good without all of that.  TPTB are ruining it!

Waving to geauxaway from one SEC fan to another! 🙂

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Jel said:

Hmm has my evil twin posted something somewhere about how she thinks any of that behavior is "fine", because I sure didn't say that.

Anything posted by Jel that reads bitchy -- evil twin. Also anything grammatically unsound or misspelled ;)

20 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

you have one t0o? 🙂

I should probably add "screwing up the multi-quote feature" to the evil twin, too

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I like Elyse too, but I don't think she should've broached that subject with Leah since they barely know each other.  That's a delicate subject to just throw out there while shopping!  Even in the best circumstance, Leah isn't going to take that information very well.   I did love Elyse's impersonation of Dorinda.  She was spot on!

Who is ultimately responsible for what content gets aired with this show?   This franchise is quickly going down the toilet. Why are they so hell-bent on pushing the 'let's get batshit crazy drunk' narrative?  The show can be so good without all of that.  TPTB are ruining it!

Waving to geauxaway from one SEC fan to another! 🙂

Heya!

I’m not gonna lie, if I’m in Elyse’s situation I’d be probably having the same thoughts in the matter.  Someone brings this girl on this trip and she flips the F out, I don’t care if I just met her today, I know I’m gonna be like oooooh boy, that girl is a mess and needs to simmer.  But no, I wouldn’t accuse her of anything deeper than that if I don’t know her personally.  But I sure as hell am gonna judge the F out of her behavior I witnessed firsthand.  No different than the hotel staff, shopkeeper and bar staff and patrons that were also subjected to Hurricane Leah.   

• Love 17
1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

I'd just put air quotes around "sober" and add "...in front of the cameras" to the end of your sentence....

Have you watched "What we do in the Shadows?" on Fx....it's a comedy that features just such a character!  

I haven't, but I will look for it. Sounds promising!

3 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Someone brings this girl on this trip and she flips the F out, I don’t care if I just met her today, I know I’m gonna be like oooooh boy, that girl is a mess and needs to simmer.

I think that most of us had the same thoughts!!  I sat there wondering what the hell I was watching.   It was truly bizarre.  If she does have mental issues, this show was not a good idea.  With all of the alcohol, it brings out the worst in these ladies. 

• Love 11

Much to my surprise, I've gained respect for Ramona this season. She gave Leah great advice on how to try to make amends with her mother (moot at this point, after viewing Leah's subsequent behavior -her mother knows her well). I was in awe last night when Ramona calmly took a BSC Leah aside and had her do breathing exercises to calm down. It worked, and it seemed she was able to have a conversation with her, even if she caved about the sister, but she never should have rescinded the approval.  

I did wonder if she drew upon her coping skills from childhood to know how to effectively approach Leah. 

Wasn't Leah suggested by Bethenny? not surprised.

• Love 16
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So I was trying to put together the Leah/Pita Chip timeline in my head. Am I right that: she went out with him, sent him nudes (which he then meant to send to a friend but accidentally texted them back to Leah), she went out with him and they had a clothing on heavy petting session but they hadn't had sex yet, and then he ghosted her so she called him gay?

I thought I had some dramatic hookups back in the day but daaaamn. 

She is emotionally stunted ..... And going on a national television show and showing how crazy you actually are then bragging you were trying to hide your crazy long enough to basically trick him into dating you and getting pissed cause it didn't work and blaming it on him is all kinds of psycho run don't walk away  behavior

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

On another note, Sonja does seem different to me this season. Maybe it's the hormones she was talking about, and her own approach to The Change. Her behavior is a different kind of drunk and bizarre. There are very few organic scenes with Sonja; it's just her acting like a buffoon and inserting herself into the story line. We at least got the packing scene with the intern 😉 

My heart was in my throat when Leah went after Sonja's lightship basket; if it is authentic and made by a basket maker with real whalebone (and not a cheesy Farnum) they are quite valuable. In classic Sonja fashion, she referred to it as her "shrim shraw" when in fact it appeared to be a carved decoration on the top and not an etched drawing which is what scrimshaw is. Either way it was such a pretty piece and so apropos 🙂 I miss the old Sonja and her old style, not this strange Sonja who just chimes in and piles onto whatever is happening in the scene. Thank god Leah didn't chuck the basket. 

I couldn't take the running around the table. Leah throwing her leg up on the table and humping it like she did at Ramona's appears to be her go-to move. 

I thought the back and forth with Ramona and allowing/not allowing Leah's sister to join was stupid. It was so deliberate and she *had to know that wouldn't end well. That was like throwing gasoline on a campfire that was already burning. Why though.       cough

Also, the people in the darkness watching everything unfold 😄 I too had secondhand embarrassment for all of the hospitality folks in this episode, from the driver to the servers to the bellhops. I wish we had a compilation of the facial expressions.

Next week it looks like they go to Clarke Cooke House and the ravioli fight is in The Candy Store section of the restaurant. I loooooove Clarke Cooke. They make a fabulous martini, olives on the side because, displacement.

One more thing, why is everyone making such a stink about Dorinda saying 51 other states? If you fact check it, which I did thank you, the United States is 50 states plus DC and Puerto Rico et al. So while DC and Puerto Rico are respectively a district and a territory, what's the big deal? People refer to the number 52 (and in Dorinda's context, 52-1 meaning Rhode Island) all the time. It just seems like a really silly thing to nitpick, all things considered.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

And now Leah is going after Ramona’s daughter on Instagram because Avery dared to say that she found this episode embarrassing. It was embarrassing. And the subsequent tantrums by Leah and dorinda on social media are even more embarrassing. *sigh*

Avery needs to remember how embarrassing her own mother has been over the years before she starts in on someone else.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu thought the lobster bib was a shirt.

I needed a good laugh so desperately today and you came through. 

Reading the excerpt from Leah above was incredibly sad to read. What she described seems like a play by play of what we all just watched. 

I would imagine Bravo tries to vet out the cast and one of our dear posters found this so it wasn’t hidden in some unknown archive. So they also read that and said - yep- let’s hire her.   Fucking disgusting. 

Tinsleys eye makeup is so bad. And this is from someone who never notices such things but she’s so pretty and they are so dark and ridiculous. 

I wanted to end this on a funny upbeat part of the show but can’t recall one and sure as hell will not so a rewatch to do so. With that- Lu thought the lobster bib was a shirt. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Tinsleys eye makeup is so bad. And this is from someone who never notices such things but she’s so pretty and they are so dark and ridiculous. 

It is.  She would look so much better toned down.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Wow they've taken my favorite Housewives show and turned it into a bunch of screaming drunks.  Nothing entertaining at all. Bravo why do you have to keep doing this?

This has always been my favorite franchise and now I am not so sure I will enjoy it anymore. I have started rewatching earlier seasons, and the difference is like night and day. There was always the fighting in earlier seasons (I'm only on the beginning of S3) but they aren't all drinking ALL.THE.TIME. Sure they still drank, but it was nothing like this...How has it come to this? I guess since we keep watching, Bravo thinks we like it, but it's just not enjoyable to see grown ass women act worse than the dumbasses on Summer House. Of course my FOMO will keep me watching the rest of this season, but I am not sure after this one. 

• Love 9
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Avery needs to remember how embarrassing her own mother has been over the years before she starts in on someone else.  

Well arnt they "sisters" now what with Leah calling Ramona Mommy and putting her in that weird mother role?  I really think she is mentally unhinged and the alcohol just exacerbates that..  🙂

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

I just can't with these ladies.  

Tinsley should have stayed behind.  No way would I go with them if they were already verbally beating me up before I had even set foot in the van.

The van driver was everything with his expressions.  He needs to be in every episode.

Everyone in this group, save Elyse, appears to be an alcoholic.  Lu is a recovering alcoholic.  I don't care what they say.  Leah, you were a drunk asshole.  That's not just "being you."  That's why your mother was upset you'd begun drinking again.  Because you lose control, you're an asshole and then you can't remember anything the next day.  You may not be doing it in front of your daughter but you are doing it on film that your daughter (and her friends) can watch.  

Every time Dorinda starts to become the slightest bit likable, she turns around and is an asshole again.  Which I guess spares me the energy of thinking I might actually like her.

I hate to take Ramona's side about nearly anything but if that had been my dinner that Leah disrupted and then attempted to rip apart during her drunken antics, I'd be pissed.  

Lu needs to get Leah and Dorinda, for starters, into her AA program.  

Not sure how much more of RHONY I want to watch.  I started watching for the real estate p*rn and seeing New York.  Watching alcoholics drinking themselves into a stupor isn't my idea of fun.  

• Love 5

I admit it, that dinner scene with Leah running around and being crazy (and I agree, it seemed like she might have been playing it up a bit), Luanne calling people back to the table and Tinsley and Dorinda having their quiet conversation (where Tinsley once again hopefully goes up to Dorinda with her tail wagging only to get smacked on the nose again) was hilarious to me. It's like a buffet of your standard dishes of any housewife show all going on at once.

Also I thought Elyse's impression of Dorinda was surprisingly good!

• Love 10

This season is a dud. Each week is over the top drunken antics where they are screaming at each other. I have to turn on closed captioning to decipher what their arguing about. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, she says her daughter is only 12, but didn't she say that she started getting into substances at the age of 13-ish? I mean, I am sure her daughter is much more stable than Leah herself is, but I don't think that Elyse is wrong in pointing out what a bad example Leah is for her daughter right now. 

I just feel like I can laugh at LuAnn falling in the bushes.

I can just roll my eyes when I hear Dorinda start to go south.

But Leah getting wasted is just ugly.

• Love 21
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Okay - I haven't gotten through all of the posts yet, but that place is absolutely frickin' gorgeous!!!  

I looked up the rooms they are staying in, and for mid-October (off season for Newport), the rates start at around $950.00/per night!!  

My husband  asked me to marry him in the parking lot of Castle Hill, looking iut at Point Judith 45 years ago ir more....off season, of course.    Lol.  If  recall correctly, and I believe  I do, a couple married there outside in the garden a few years ago.  There were pictures of them on the local newscasts.    So lovely.  They went on a cruise for their honeymoon and he went overboard.  Tv movie made.  Still seems questionable  what happened.  So sad.  I loved seeing favorite spots last night and wonderful memories for us

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I take my pillow with me, so I don't know why these witches were giving her problems over it. 

I do too! I'm very allergic to feather filled pillows so I bring mine. If I'm traveling by plane I bring a smaller pillow that fits in my suitcase and put it on top of the hotel pillow. Chastising Tinsley for this was nasty and mean spirited...especailly from Sonja, her supposed friend....Giggling and mocking Tinsley, calling her a baby that probably brings her binky and bottle. Meanwhile Sonja couldn't stop stuffing her face with lobster and other fatty foods while washing it down with large goblets of alcohol. She is the embodiment of a bloated bag of crap.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, escape said:

It explains why her mother won't talk to her.  There's a pattern of self-destructive behavior.  Leah is over rated.  Her schtick is getting old very quickly. There's something about her that comes off fake.  She seems to be performing for the cameras.

I agree to an extent.  No one is that good an actress on these shows to not be really as  drunk as Leah was.  I think I will just have to come here for snark if this continues

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I admit it, that dinner scene with Leah running around and being crazy (and I agree, it seemed like she might have been playing it up a bit), Luanne calling people back to the table and Tinsley and Dorinda having their quiet conversation (where Tinsley once again hopefully goes up to Dorinda with her tail wagging only to get smacked on the nose again) was hilarious to me. It's like a buffet of your standard dishes of any housewife show all going on at once.

Also I thought Elyse's impression of Dorinda was surprisingly good!

I agree with you.  I thought she was definitely playing up the drunk act.  Not that she wasn't, but I do believe she's coming in as that gangsta persona.  She knows she's the youngster on a show where the women are aging out of it.

I seriously wonder if Avery, despite being smart and college educated, is going to be the next generation and will be on the show as a cast member.  B/c this beef between her and Leah on instagram seems like they are gearing up for a new castmember.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree with you.  I thought she was definitely playing up the drunk act.  Not that she wasn't, but I do believe she's coming in as that gangsta persona.  She knows she's the youngster on a show where the women are aging out of it.

I seriously wonder if Avery, despite being smart and college educated, is going to be the next generation and will be on the show as a cast member.  B/c this beef between her and Leah on instagram seems like they are gearing up for a new castmember.

Beef between Leah and Avery??

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I just can't with these ladies.  

Tinsley should have stayed behind.  No way would I go with them if they were already verbally beating me up before I had even set foot in the van.

The van driver was everything with his expressions.  He needs to be in every episode.

Everyone in this group, save Elyse, appears to be an alcoholic.  Lu is a recovering alcoholic.  I don't care what they say.  Leah, you were a drunk asshole.  That's not just "being you."  That's why your mother was upset you'd begun drinking again.  Because you lose control, you're an asshole and then you can't remember anything the next day.  You may not be doing it in front of your daughter but you are doing it on film that your daughter (and her friends) can watch.  

Every time Dorinda starts to become the slightest bit likable, she turns around and is an asshole again.  Which I guess spares me the energy of thinking I might actually like her.

I hate to take Ramona's side about nearly anything but if that had been my dinner that Leah disrupted and then attempted to rip apart during her drunken antics, I'd be pissed.  

Lu needs to get Leah and Dorinda, for starters, into her AA program.  

Not sure how much more of RHONY I want to watch.  I started watching for the real estate p*rn and seeing New York.  Watching alcoholics drinking themselves into a stupor isn't my idea of fun.  

THIS! Every week it's another trip to an exclusive resort or another equally nice restaurant or gathering place that gets ruined by some of the women who have to drink to excess. How many more places are we going to see this season where Sonja, Leah, Dorinda or even Ramona have to trash or embarrass themselves with their drunken behavior that includes screaming, cursing, destroying property, sexually harassing wait staff or other employees...clearly, a few of these women DO have an alcohol problem. Dorinda is a drunk, Sonja is a drunk and LuAnn is a recovering drunk. Leah drinks and blacks out...that is by definition someone who has an alcohol issue. She is belligerent and crazy when she drinks. She needs help and she should be concerned about her young daughter seeing this on replay. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Beef between Leah and Avery??

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/rhonys-leah-mcsweeney-claps-back-at-ramona-singers-daughter/

I would not be surprised if Avery gets ushered in.  Ramona is aging out.  I wouldn't be surprised (and I'd love) if the daughters of became members of the cast!  The mom's could be "friends of."  Keep it in the family! Let's get Hannah, Sonja's daughter, Avery on the show!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I can’t tell you how many pillows I have had to ship back to people who accidentally leave them behind. Lol 

I want to come stay, we could talk non-stop about tv and I would take my pillow home with me, no need to mail it back! 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Lots of luck Tins .. you blew it.  Now go kiss her ass again, you fool.  Dorinda is not your friend.

Damn, Tins was begging Dorinda to hug her and Dorinda being the bitch that she is would not do it! Have some self respect, Tins.

What I want to see is Leah and Dorinda both get equally drunk and go at each other! Who's gonna win that one? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Now I want to visit Newport. It looked lovely.

As always, these women are in this amazing place, this beautiful setting, that dinner looked gorgeous and it was just wasted on them. What a shame.

Leah definitely has some mental issues and it was frightening to watch. I dated someone with bipolar and this really brought it all back. It’s both disturbing and frightening to watch someone spin like that up close. And the next day with her whole “I am who I am” was also familiar to me as after my ex would drink (when he wasn’t supposed to) and have a break like that this was his excuse too “it’s just me, deal with it”. Needless to say it didnt last, it’s exhausting to have that in your life (someone who has an illness that doesn’t manage it and then just expects everyone around them to constantly deal with it).

This show is becoming tedious.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I know, seriously. The fact that Dorinda was like, "yeah, somehow it's still your fault that I'm a miserable person, Tinsley" is what was so infuriating to me. At some point, Tins was just to just walk away because there is no negotiating with an emotional vampire like Dorinda. 

Dorinda is a jerk. Enough with all her blubbering over her deceased husband. I don't want to sound cruel but he's been gone for long time already and she seems to name drop him an awful lot like she's trying to prove that she was once married to a very important person. We get it...we've all lost people we love but at some point you need to accept it and move on with your life. She's stuck. No one wants to hear where she and Richard went, or what restaurants they ate at, or hotels they stayed at, or parties they attended. We get it...you had a charmed life. Now it's time to move on to the next chapter and reinvent yourself. Get your self together...take some classes, get into therapy, quit drinking, meet new people and enjoy the life you have now. Picking on a younger woman and creating unnecessary drama with someone who can't defend herself properly makes you look really bad Dorinda...you look like a bully and a bitch. I think if Richard were to come back to life and see the Dorinda that exists now he would be disgusted, disappointed and shocked. 

• Love 18

Well I think everyone has covered it all. I am team Leah was playing it up for the cameras. She wasn’t going to stop until she got her own way and that is sad. It sets up a bad pattern. My way or destruction. She could care less if she ruins it for everyone else. I felt so badly for the staff. I don’t think that is the kind of place where they expect guests to lose all decorum and begin to destroy things. I think I recall her throwing an empty glass at the beginning of her tantrum. When that didn’t get the reaction she wanted she just kept dialing it up a notch. I think even Leah was having second thoughts about tearing down the curtains. She paused. Not only won’t Ramona want her sister, she won’t want to invite Leah after this and her Hamptons behavior. Leah is a hot mess. 
   I did get a snicker seeing Sonja wearing her Morgan (crest) slipper shoes. She so misses having old money. She might go Grey Gardens on us, but who with? My vote is for Dorinda. They can live in their past together. 

• Love 13
(edited)
20 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

That’s it!  I no longer have respect or feel sorry for Tinsley.  She bowed down to Dorinda and made a fool of herself.  She has no guts or respect for herself after Dorinda made mince meat out of her.  Lots of luck Tins .. you blew it.  Now go kiss her ass again, you fool.  Dorinda is not your friend.

Tinsley has never had any self-respect that I could see: exhibit A would be the way she "collapsed" on the floor when Scott came to her door as a surprise.   Good grief.   She reminds me of girls I knew in college 30 years ago who were only there for the parties and a MRS degree except most of those women grew up by the time they were 30 much less 42.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
spelling counts
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Elyse is trying sooooo hard to get that apple, huh?  She has some Jill Zarin- level of thirst going on!

I don't see that at all.  If anything, she probably didn't get the apple because she is too reserved.  Production clearly favors the type of shit show presented by Dorinda or Leah these days.

12 hours ago, gingerella said:

This isn’t entertainment. Watching Dorinda and Leah drown in alcohol when they both should n in-patient setting is not entertainment. Neither is Sonja deluded antics, also in need of in-patient therapy. 

I agree. It is enough for me when the Housewives are simply self-absorbed, petty, deluded assholes hitting up the local restaurants and shops with the occasional overnight trips thrown in. It goes into something altogether different when there appears to be behaviors in need of serious therapy and counseling. 

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Ramona tore down some lights (and plaster) and Blue Stone Manor, Lu broke some branches in a shrub, Sonja broke a tooth trying to rip off a man's shirt, but I don't recall any of them actively looking for things to destroy like Leah does.

From what I remember it's not like Ramona tore the wired in electrical fixtures from the wall.  She took pulled down the the portable lights that had been fixed to the wall for filming and apparently the tape used tore off some of the paint and she claimed to have had it repaired.  I don't think anyone on this franchise has exhibited any behaviors equaling the frenzy we've seen so far from Leah.  

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Tinsley has never had any self-respect that I could see: exhibit A would be the way she "collapsed" on the floor when Scott came to her door as a surprise.   Good grief.   She reminds me of girls I knew in college 30 years ago who where only there for the parties and MRS degree except most of those women grew up by the time they were 30 much less 42.  

She went to Columbia and played tennis there...she's not just a sugar coated cupcake. Honestly, I'll take her any day over the witches of the Upper East Side. She has a good heart and at least tries to mend fences. The scene where she feigned surprise when Scott came to visit was probably scripted and rehearsed. Come on...this show is heavily scripted except for the alcohol feuled spats and antics. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I don’t find Tinsley’s pillow to be an issue.  I think her dependency on 5lbs of fake lashes is more concerning.

😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Apparently she sees nothing wrong with it according to her tweets 

Remember what Leah said about getting drunk because she felt so bad about showing her dark side to the guy she was dating - now, a la Dorinda, she’s desperately spinning something that covers up additional regrets.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Finally, I attended a wedding at Castle Hill a few years ago.  Absolutely stunning. One of the most gorgeous places I’ve visited.  I live 2 hours away from Newport, and we go on day trips often to shop, or tour the mansions. I had second hand embarrassment for every single store owner, hotel guest, waitstaff, tourist, squirrel and seashell who had to witness one minute of these women. For all their pretenses of class and etiquette, there is not one of them who knows how to behave in public.  

😂😂😂

I am so thankful to have found this discussion forum. On most of the other places where I go on the Internet to read about the housewives shows, including Instagram and Twitter, probably more than half of the viewers find all of this extremely entertaining and funny. That includes Sonya’s behavior as well as Leah’s, etc. The one topic that has universal agreement recently is that Dorinda’s behavior is horrific and atrocious and cruel.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

On another note, Sonja does seem different to me this season. Maybe it's the hormones she was talking about, and her own approach to The Change. Her behavior is a different kind of drunk and bizarre. There are very few organic scenes with Sonja; it's just her acting like a buffoon and inserting herself into the story line. We at least got the packing scene with the intern 😉 

My heart was in my throat when Leah went after Sonja's lightship basket; if it is authentic and made by a basket maker with real whalebone (and not a cheesy Farnum) they are quite valuable. In classic Sonja fashion, she referred to it as her "shrim shraw" when in fact it appeared to be a carved decoration on the top and not an etched drawing which is what scrimshaw is. Either way it was such a pretty piece and so apropos 🙂 I miss the old Sonja and her old style, not this strange Sonja who just chimes in and piles onto whatever is happening in the scene. Thank god Leah didn't chuck the basket. 

I couldn't take the running around the table. Leah throwing her leg up on the table and humping it like she did at Ramona's appears to be her go-to move. 

I thought the back and forth with Ramona and allowing/not allowing Leah's sister to join was stupid. It was so deliberate and she *had to know that wouldn't end well. That was like throwing gasoline on a campfire that was already burning. Why though.       cough

Also, the people in the darkness watching everything unfold 😄 I too had secondhand embarrassment for all of the hospitality folks in this episode, from the driver to the servers to the bellhops. I wish we had a compilation of the facial expressions.

Next week it looks like they go to Clarke Cooke House and the ravioli fight is in The Candy Store section of the restaurant. I loooooove Clarke Cooke. They make a fabulous martini, olives on the side because, displacement.

One more thing, why is everyone making such a stink about Dorinda saying 51 other states? If you fact check it, which I did thank you, the United States is 50 states plus DC and Puerto Rico et al. So while DC and Puerto Rico are respectively a district and a territory, what's the big deal? People refer to the number 52 (and in Dorinda's context, 52-1 meaning Rhode Island) all the time. It just seems like a really silly thing to nitpick, all things considered.

Don't want to nitpick this 52 state thing but there are not 52 states in the US. There are 50. I have never heard anyone say 52 states because they are confused and think that DC and Puerto Rico are states when they are not. The flag has 50 stars not 52. Dorinda should know better but she was probably either drunk or hung over.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Have you watched "What we do in the Shadows?" on Fx....it's a comedy that features just such a character!  

My very favorite TV show! I don’t have a favorite character because I love each of them

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

Don't want to nitpick this 52 state thing but there are not 52 states in the US. There are 50. I have never heard anyone say 52 states because they are confused and think that DC and Puerto Rico are states when they are not. The flag has 50 stars not 52. Dorinda should know better but she was probably either drunk or hung over.  

That's right. The correct number is 50. But I bet you a soft pretzel if that question was asked at trivia, 95% of the field would say 52. I myself would probably say 52 thinking it was a trick question, I admit it 😬 The point I was trying to make was I knew what she meant, and I'm confident a lot of other viewers knew what she meant, so I thought it was silly thing to pile onto, folks calling her stupid and an idiot. It's not a hill to die on as far as housewives-isms are concerned. Now shrim shraw, that's another issue entirely 😄 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

You realize we have more territories than PR.  Guam, American Samoa and the US Virgin Islands come to mind. I believe Dorinda deserves a big stink about that slip up.  Wasn't her husband in charge of all of them at one time or another.  🙂

I'm upset with Bravo over Leah's behavior. We've seen Scary Island and we've seen Leah melt down at Ramona's house.  At some point in time, they need to reel her in and take her home/get help/take her to an ER or whatever. It stops being entertaining.

Could you imagine being at that nice dinner setting?  I think I'd go up the wait staff and ask to be set up somewhere else away from all of the antics.  I'm not sure I could have eaten in the midst of all of it.  Crazy.

I'm not very familiar with the Northeast so I appreciate people's thoughts about Newport.  If we can ever travel again, I would like to see it.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

On another note, Sonja does seem different to me this season. Maybe it's the hormones she was talking about, and her own approach to The Change. Her behavior is a different kind of drunk and bizarre. There are very few organic scenes with Sonja; it's just her acting like a buffoon and inserting herself into the story line.

Yes, a buffoon!! I’ve been searching for a word to describe her ridiculous behavior and that is the one I was looking for. Even her manner of speaking changes when she is playing the buffoon. She clearly thinks she is very funny and this is her shtick. Unfortunately there are way too many people on her social media accounts telling her that she is the queen of the show and is so very funny and entertaining. I personally can’t take much more of it.

• Love 5