Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Hurricane Leah

• Start Topic

On 5/30/2020 at 10:08 PM, TzuShih said:

Bravo has taken a vulnerable  woman with a pre-teen daughter and made her a "star" in her very own real-life disaster. 

Drinks are plentiful and encouraged, cars are provided for the drunken ride home.. no worries there. Get them drunk and let’s all laugh at the shitstorm.

Except it’s no longer funny is it?

• Love 11

What’s very strange to me is that Dorinda has been getting drunk, obnoxious, mean and disgusting for awhile now, and nobody on Bravo is doing anything about it.  Nobody is saying anything.  Instead, they kiss and hug her.  When she falls down a flight of stairs and cracks her head open, will they then feel bad that they all didn’t do or say anything?  Or did they?, but let her continue.  The woman is not funny or likable anymore.  She is a detriment to the show and hard to watch.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

When she falls down a flight of stairs and cracks her head open, will they then feel bad that they all didn’t do or say anything?

Given how many times they have shown LuAnn’s drunken falls, probably just show it a lot and Dorinda will make merch out of it.

• Love 1

Holy Smokes .. I just saw Leah on Patti Stanger’s Matchmaker from 10 years ago.  She told the same story of her life .. the arrest, etc.  Patti picked her for a match.  Season 4, Ep. 7.  Of the Matchmaker.  She got fixed up with a nice Jewish guy, but I guess it didn’t work out.  So, she was already in the Bravo family I guess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Holy Smokes .. I just saw Leah on Patti Stanger’s Matchmaker from 10 years ago.  She told the same story of her life .. the arrest, etc.  Patti picked her for a match.  Season 4, Ep. 7.  Of the Matchmaker.  She got fixed up with a nice Jewish guy, but I guess it didn’t work out.  So, she was already in the Bravo family I guess.

They are doing a marathon of Housewives who have been on the show (before, during or after). Sonja and Jill’s episodes are also airing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

They are doing a marathon of Housewives who have been on the show (before, during or after). Sonja and Jill’s episodes are also airing.

Yes .. I am watching in between cooking, cleaning, etc.  I got shocked when I saw Leah.  Also, Jill was and is still a pain in the ass. 

On 5/28/2020 at 9:05 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Poor Tinsley can’t catch a break with these people. Well after COVIDs over, I’m certainly bringing my own pillow everywhere I travel, so she was onto something! 

I bring my husbands pillow where ever we go. Because if he doesn't get a good nights sleep, I don't get a good nights sleep... But seriously, it has traveled to a few countries and many states.

I agree she is onto something. it's her germs on the pillow. I feel like whenever Tinsley travels she is usually sick and has no voice. 

When you think of all the people who have drooled on that pillow before you. I might be bringing my own sheets. 🤣

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

When you think of all the people who have drooled on that pillow before you. I might be bringing my own sheets.

Taking it to another level, I heard that the sales of RVs are up now.  People don't want to stay in hotel rooms at all! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Taking it to another level, I heard that the sales of RVs are up now.  People don't want to stay in hotel rooms at all! 

My community is the top producer of RVs, and yes, business is very strong right now.  Back to nature, you bring your own bed, bath, kitchen with you, and you're as socially distant as you care to be.  It's awesome.  #Ad  🙂

gorving

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Are hotels or motels even open yet.  I’m dying to take a ride somewhere overnight.  We are in New York, and other neighboring states don’t even want us yet.  No haircuts or pedicures here also.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I bring my husbands pillow where ever we go. Because if he doesn't get a good nights sleep, I don't get a good nights sleep... But seriously, it has traveled to a few countries and many states.

I agree she is onto something. it's her germs on the pillow. I feel like whenever Tinsley travels she is usually sick and has no voice. 

When you think of all the people who have drooled on that pillow before you. I might be bringing my own sheets. 🤣

Ever since LuAnn shit 2 beds in Cartagena, I get neurotic staying in any strange beds.  I would imagine that US hotels have protocols in regard to the handling of bodily Fluids.

• Love 1

I just watched a bit of I guess last week's episode.........the one where Leah is absolutely falling apart and embarrassing herself and anyone with a brain. Doesn't she have a child? How could they do this and show this ??????? Seriously, they should never have had her anyway but once she displayed that behavior she should have been gone. I thought it was an act, and I was trying to understand how someone could do that. Then after reading some of  the comments, it seems it's not an act? That is really frightening and sad. AND IRRESPONSIBLE to have her and indulge her.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 7:04 PM, absolutelyido said:

There was nothing enjoyable about this episode. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I hope Leah isn't back next season. 

There was one thing I found really enjoyable.  Just before Leah and her sister went to the bar, Leah, all full of herself as usual, boasted to the camera "obviously this guy is going to take one look at me and my sister and forget that those women are even sitting there". 

And as soon as they come over, the guy immediately shuts down both Leah and her sister and jets out of there -- I think I replayed that one at least 5 times it was so damn funny!!  Not as fabulous as you imagined, eh girls?

Also, Elyse's imitation of Dorinda was epic!!  

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 5/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, Lemons said:

Bipolar has genetic components to it and it usually shows up in the teen years.  A kid can go from an angel at 12 to out of control at 14.   Why would Leah get so upset about just discussing it. 

Because she doesn't want to think of her daughter behaving the same way she does.  Because then she'll be Leah's problem child as she was her own mother's problem child.  And Leah doesn't even want to THINK about how seriously that shit would change her carefree life.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 1:31 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Then Leah knew that Ramona, really, really didn't want Leah's sister there, but she pushed and threw a literal, on the ground, kicking and screaming temper tantrum to get her way. She's psycho.

For all the good it did.  Leah, Ms. Full of Herself, thought "this is a sweet gig, maybe I can get my sister in on all the goodies too".  I think it was poetic justice that after she rammed her sister down everyone throats, they both complained they didn't even have a good time.  Next time Leah wants to ask sis along, I bet the answer will be no!  Clearly the sister has no influence over her so why bother?

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
On 5/29/2020 at 11:25 AM, sasha206 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/rhonys-leah-mcsweeney-claps-back-at-ramona-singers-daughter/

I would not be surprised if Avery gets ushered in.  Ramona is aging out.  I wouldn't be surprised (and I'd love) if the daughters of became members of the cast!  The mom's could be "friends of."  Keep it in the family! Let's get Hannah, Sonja's daughter, Avery on the show!

Can you imagine the stories they could tell on their mothers?  Excellent idea!!

• Love 3
On 5/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, BrownBear2012 said:

Dorinda is a jerk. Enough with all her blubbering over her deceased husband. I don't want to sound cruel but he's been gone for long time already and she seems to name drop him an awful lot like she's trying to prove that she was once married to a very important person. We get it...we've all lost people we love but at some point you need to accept it and move on with your life. She's stuck. No one wants to hear where she and Richard went, or what restaurants they ate at, or hotels they stayed at, or parties they attended. We get it...you had a charmed life. Now it's time to move on to the next chapter and reinvent yourself. Get your self together...take some classes, get into therapy, quit drinking, meet new people and enjoy the life you have now. Picking on a younger woman and creating unnecessary drama with someone who can't defend herself properly makes you look really bad Dorinda...you look like a bully and a bitch. I think if Richard were to come back to life and see the Dorinda that exists now he would be disgusted, disappointed and shocked. 

I so agree with you that Richard would probably be repulsed seeing the way Dorinda is blaming all her faults on his death.  And NOW she's sniveling about John too which I guess is to be expected since at this point she was with John longer than she was with Richard.

• Love 4
On 5/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, howiveaddict said:

Count me in on one who likes Elyse. She seems to be the voice of reason on this show.  Loved her imitation.

I would love to have Betheny reacting to Leah's tantrum.  I have never seen an adult act like that in my life.  '

Off topic, but I couldn't believe Anderson Cooper and Satan Andy both didn't know Florida was in two time zones.  Especially Anderson since he is a news reporter.  And he graduated from Yale.

He might have graduated Yale, but we may never know what kind of grades he made while he was there.  One thing I am sure of is he didn't get accepted on his own merit alone, being the son of Gloria Vanderbilt.

• Love 2
On 6/4/2020 at 4:12 PM, Silver Bells said:

Are hotels or motels even open yet.  I’m dying to take a ride somewhere overnight.  We are in New York, and other neighboring states don’t even want us yet.  No haircuts or pedicures here also.

My son and daughter in law live in Southeast Texas and the hotel he works at never did close, and DIL is in the pizza business and she never stopped either.  Here in California we're starting to have openings of restaurants and haircuts this week (have my appt. on Tuesday - my hair is so gray and long I can't stand looking in the mirror).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

He might have graduated Yale, but we may never know what kind of grades he made while he was there.  One thing I am sure of is he didn't get accepted on his own merit alone, being the son of Gloria Vanderbilt.

I didn't know Florida was in two time zones and I graduated cum laude and was in the Navy, though on the western pacific side - so I had the opportunity to know and was a helsman 

So, ya know, you can be smart and still not know everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

openings of restaurants and haircuts this week (have my appt. on Tuesday - my hair is so gray and long I can't stand looking in the mirror).

OMG, me too, 1:30 EST June 9 cannot come soon enough. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I graduated cum spitter and love to wear navy, and I knew FL had two time zones.  In the interest of full disclosure, my daughter and two grandchildren reside there, representing both time zones, so it pays to be aware in my case.

So you've been to the docks I see. 

• LOL 6
(edited)

Does anyone else think Leah's sister is wearing a wig?  I usually have an eye for things like that, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it just does not look right to my eye.  IDK, the bangs look way too thick to be natural, the color looks too dark for her eyebrows and complexion, and the way it hangs on the sides of her head looks the tiniest bit off to me.  Leah's hair, on the other hand, looks completely natural to me (maybe some extensions but it does look like it's mostly her real hair).

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Does anyone else think Leah's sister is wearing a wig?  I usually have an eye for things like that, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it just does not look right to my eye.  IDK, the bangs look way too thick to be natural, the color looks too dark for her eyebrows and complexion, and the way it hangs on the sides of her head looks the tiniest bit off to me.  Leah's hair, on the other hand, looks completely natural to me (maybe some extensions but it does look like it's mostly her real hair).

Maybe it was a disguise 😆

No seriously though I see what you see but I think it might just be that it’s all one color with no highlights. There isn’t any depth to it so it looks kind of wiggy.

• Love 3
On 5/29/2020 at 1:48 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Tonight was so disturbing and uncomfortable that I'm about to utter my unthinkable: I miss Bethenny.

Right?  How could anyone say she was worse than Leah and Dorinda?  At least we got a few laughs from her.  There was nothing to laugh about yet .. I’m waiting.

• Love 4
On 6/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG, me too, 1:30 EST June 9 cannot come soon enough. 

I’ve heard nothing about pedicures.  Will the salons open soon?  I tried to paint my own toes .. bad job.

• Love 1
On 5/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, SweetieDarling said:

The other ladies have never been purposely destructive. Ramona tore down some lights (and plaster) at Blue Stone Manor, Lu broke some branches in a shrub, Sonja broke a tooth trying to rip off a man's shirt, but I don't recall any of them actively looking for things to destroy like Leah does. She ripped out and threw lit tiki torches like javelins, there was broken glass around the pool at Ramona's, she was looking at those curtains last night like she was trying to figure out how to rip the material free, or take the whole structure down. She's psycho.

Leah behaved like the baboons reacting to Damien in The Omen.  

I hope she's a "one and done."  The entire country appears to be full of lunacy at the moment.  I don't need Bravo shoving this out-of-control maniac down my throat.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Skimmed through all the posts, and I didn't see anything about the guy in the restaurant. I thought the way he spoke to Leah and her sister was yucky.

Leah and her sister share a resemblance. Both have beautiful blue eyes and high cheekbones. 

• Like 1