Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Freaks And Greeks

• Start Topic

I enjoyed a chuckle at Sara grabbing Zari’s hand to determine if the book was worth reading. I agree that you should still read it Z. Books take you on adventures.

Hudson University, snerk.

They should have just made Nate a dudebro from the start and leave out the hemophilia. I admittedly don’t know much about the illness but surely alcohol is a bad idea? Nate’s hemophilia wasn’t cured until after his college years so he shouldn’t have been able to drink much less being able to drink with enough regularity that he could master shotgunning beer.

I love the television Greek system. No matter what show it’s forever Animal House wearing modern clothing and I’m here for it. The Theta house paddle almost killed me. 

The gods are always changing their minds in the myths so I adore Dion doing it here. Keep your information closely guarded against these guys Legends.

I love the sabotage plan. I love everyone playing a role and it culminating in beer pong. And my Sara using her new power plus her pre-assassin life to defeat Dion was perfect.

Everyone on tv plays beer pong with paddles but I’ve never seen it played that way in real life. We always just tossed ping pong balls into cups.

Deltas forever! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I like that the Deltas are sticking together.  Was hoping for a Where Are They Now montage.

Nate screws up, but still finds a way to help his family.  He's a damn Legend.

I like Lita, and that she's been accepted by the Legends, and that she accepts them.  She doesn't fit with the rich kids, but she does fit with the Legends.

And Dion had no chance to beat Sara.  He may be a God, but she partied with and was trained by Oliver Queen.  Dion's got nothing on his partying.

• Love 9

I know it was played for humor, but I gasped in horror at hemophiliac Nate falling off a ladder in the flashback. Dionysus was fun. I think my favorite part was “I’m a god. I gotta keep it whimsical,” followed by the frat boys chanting “Whimsy, whimsy.” I also appreciated him offering Lita energy drinks because their “all peers, no pressure.”

I’m liking Astra more and more. I think it’s 90% her not dressing like she just stepped out of the 80s. She really worked well with Charlie. 

I saw that Zari/Constantine moment. Dang it, they’re cute. Um, but Zari’s totally gonna be in mortal danger next week since she’s the only one who didn’t drink, right? I gotta say it did not occur to me they would all drink from the chalice.

Dad Mick is adorable. Aw, he went back in time to get the building named after himself. Him lighting up the kegs was funny.

Sara defeated a god. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

And Dion had no chance to beat Sara.  He may be a God, but she partied with and was trained by Oliver Queen.  Dion's got nothing on his partying.

Damn straight. Oliver taught Sara everything there is to know about partying and booze. I’ve also decided he taught her beer pong. Even without powers she would have won thanks to Oliver’s teachings. 

• Love 3

Yeah...they clearly retconned Nate's hemophilia because no way would he have joined a fraternity, or been allowed to with his condition. Which disappoints me because Nate's medical condition was actually a very interesting part of his character in season 2 and they have completely dismissed it. Plus, stereotypical bro-dude Nate? The interesting part of Nate was his geekiness. Grrr, show!

Otherwise, it WAS a fun episode. Dion was a very fun character. I would not hate to see him again.

The Sisterhood stuff was a lot of fun as well. The college stuff was fun to watch.

They, once again, managed to make me like a villain and make me sympathize with Astra. I felt for her when she said that she just wanted to fit in. And I like that she hasn't lost her, well, charm and her bite. She's a great addition to the Legends. She can bond with Mick over crimes that they've committed. And I'm very into her friendship with the women, such as Charlie. 

So, they're heavily implying that they plan to cure Sara once they use the Looms. I'm guessing they can actually do that, but I wonder, if they cure her blindness, that they let her keep her power. It could be fun to have Sara the Seer. 

I had to laugh at open everyone was about their secrets. From Astra talking about her time in Hell to Dion basically confessing that he was a God in front of all his fratbros, I...kind of enjoyed it. Get straight to the point! And, again, Dion was a great character. Maybe he can come back to chill with Charlie after all of this is over. He could help the Legends once in a while!

Dad Mick is working better than I thought he would. He keeps his gruff personality, but clearly loves Lita and wants to take care of her. That's a good dad, right there!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And, again, Dion was a great character. Maybe he can come back to chill with Charlie after all of this is over. He could help the Legends once in a while!

He was a gracious loser so I hope that means we’ll see him again. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah...they clearly retconned Nate's hemophilia because no way would he have joined a fraternity, or been allowed to with his condition. Which disappoints me because Nate's medical condition was actually a very interesting part of his character in season 2 and they have completely dismissed it. Plus, stereotypical bro-dude Nate? The interesting part of Nate was his geekiness. Grrr, show!

Except as of season 4 they hadn’t because his parents were still working with the hemophilia charity and discussed Nate being sick as a child. Unless it’s a Crisis thing. But they had also had his dad being a jerk about Nate not joining the army before that, when it made no sense because he had a medical condition that made that impossible. 

Legends writers, we love you. But we want crack storylines AND character continuity. It doesn’t have to be either/or.

• Love 5
(edited)

Heh, Hudson University.  That will never get old for me!

Greek God Dionysus has been spending his days as the head of a fraternity, using his powers and chalice to accumulate worshipers certainly fits, because you certainly can't find many other places that can rival a frat house when it comes to partying and debauchery.  Loved seeing Drew Ray Tanner a.k.a. Fangs from Riverdale in the role, and I wouldn't mind seeing "Dion" again.  Hey, even with the time-traveling antics, monsters, and magic powers, it still might not match the insanity that Fangs has to deal with in that crazy little town known as Riverdale!

Continue to enjoy how they are implementing Astra into the team, and how it isn't exactly a smooth one for everyone, but steps are being made.  It makes sense that she would especially butt heads with Charlie, due to them both not just being connected to the Fates in their own way, but Charlie being the one out of the group who really has no issues dishing it back out, and not trying to appease her.  Hope we get more of this relationship going forward.

Yeah, it does seem to like they're just forgetting about Nate having hemophilia, which is disappointing.  Nick Zano was fun during all of the frat-boy antics, but I think Nate the character shines more when they focus more on his geeky, historian side (see: his scenes with Lita.)

Sara beating the Greek God of Partying at beer pong; all while blind; was perfect!  I liked her mentioning she has experience with the game, which I'm guessing was a reference to her more party girl ways, before she joined the League (granted, I could be wrong, and Sara and Nyssa were totally throwing some ragers that were known throughout the League!  No wonder Ra's thought she wasn't good for his daughter!)

Dad Mick continues to be a blast.  Lita continues to be awesome as well.

The actresses who played the other Delta sisters were really good, I thought.  I wouldn't mind seeing them again either.

It was a small moment in the grand scheme of things, but Constantine letting them use his house for the mission simply because Zari asked him to, makes it totally clear he's crushing on her!

I'm going to guess something major is going to happen over Zari being the only one not to drink from the chalice. 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hey, even with the time-traveling antics, monsters, and magic powers, it still might not match the insanity that Fangs has to deal with in that crazy little town known as Riverdale!

And now I'm hoping the LOT team are Primetimer regulars, saw this, and started a new season 6 outline titled 'Challenge Accepted'.

8 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

It was a small moment in the grand scheme of things, but Constantine letting them use his house for the mission simply because Zari asked him to, makes it totally clear he's crushing on her!

Instead of doing my usual "But I don't WANNA ship!!!!!" I'm going to focus on how well they're laying it out. No matter the outcome the pieces are being placed expertly.

• Love 8

That cant be Hudson university, I saw not one dead body! Yeah, that was funny, I snickered. 

So you know how some doctors struggle with watching doctor shows because of how inaccurate it is? Well, thats me with TV Greek life. I was Greek in college, have worked in Greek life post grad, been involved in my Alumni chapters, so whenever TV or movies do anything involving Greek life, I just have to resist the urge to cry out "GREEK LIFE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY" at the top of my lungs, and to spare you all a very long winded rant about the portrayal of students involved in Greek Life (fraternities are all Animal House, Sororities are all Mean Girls) and just enjoy the wacky. Seriously though, YOU DONT RUSH JUST ONE SORORITY I MEAN REALLY I am shutting up. 

Dionyus hanging out as a hard partying frat boy (Greek god...Greek life...) was pretty great, and it was really cool to see Fangs from Riverdale popping up here! He was really fun character, and I would be happy to see him again. He was quite a gracious loser and seemed to part with the Legends on good terms, so I could see him coming back, maybe kicking back a few beers with Charlie. 

Astra is fitting in really well, she and Charlie worked really well off each other and I can see why they were both drawn to each other and butted heads. Charlie was much the same when she joined the Legends, a former seeming bad guy in an uneasy alliance with them, chafing under Sara's leadership and wanting to do things her own way, until she bonded with the team and saw how she could be herself while also being a part of the team and growing through having them in her life. 

So has Nate's hemophilia been retconned by Crisis or something, because I feel like if he fell off a ladder when he had hemophilia, he would have been all kinds of dead. I usually prefer geeky professor Nate, but college bro Nate had his moments. I really like that he and Micks daughter have such a nice bond. The stuff with Mick was really good too, even in a C plot, with Mick feeling self contious about his criminal background and that Lita might be embarrassed by him in a college setting, but she just wants him around. 

Your damn straight Sara can beat a god in beer pong! She not only trained with the league of assassins, but she used to party with Oliver Queen! She is a true master in the art of beer pong! 

Oh yeah, I saw that Zari/Constantine stuff. Oh I saw that. As much as I question everyone on this team pretty much hooking up with everyone...they're really cute!

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So you know how some doctors struggle with watching doctor shows because of how inaccurate it is? Well, thats me with TV Greek life. I was Greek in college, have worked in Greek life post grad, been involved in my Alumni chapters, so whenever TV or movies do anything involving Greek life, I just have to resist the urge to cry out "GREEK LIFE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY" at the top of my lungs, and to spare you all a very long winded rant about the portrayal of students involved in Greek Life (fraternities are all Animal House, Sororities are all Mean Girls) and just enjoy the wacky. Seriously though, YOU DONT RUSH JUST ONE SORORITY I MEAN REALLY I am shutting up. 

I'm the opposite. The less television Greek life has in common with real Greek life the happier I am. Normally this kind of thing does bother me but I think it's because they go so over the top that I can't help but enjoy it. It also means we didn't hear any of the songs and those things still give me nightmares. I do think it would have been hilarious seeing Astra and Charlie have to meet the other participating chapters just to get to Theta but the show either didn't know the Recruitment rules or didn't have time.

I did like that one frat guy who said "it's 2020 we don't do that anymore" when Nate was begging him to paddle his ass.

• Love 5
(edited)

This week: the lady Legends form a sorority in a scheme to wrest the Chalice of Dionysus from "Dion" himself, who is basically Hudson U's Van Wilder. Weird, but weird apparently keeps me more invested in this show than anything else in the Arrowverse.

2 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I know it was played for humor, but I gasped in horror at hemophiliac Nate falling off a ladder in the flashback.

Gideon, can you explain this?

Unknown. The best theory I have is that the "Crisis" that rewrote history made Nate into a "normal" person.

Wait . . .how can a retcon eliminate hemophilia?

Barry Allen meddled in his own history, and suddenly John and Lyla's daughter was replaced by a boy. Then after Crisis, they wound up with twins.

So you're saying I should-

Lean into the insanity? That would be the most advisable course of action.

That aside, the stereotypical Greek-themed episode allowed Nate to bro out, and that was before Dion put the whammy on him. Once again: I get how Nate can grate with viewers, but he's strangely endearing, even when he's cheating while taking a paddling no one really wanted to give him.

Nice idea with the instant sorority plot, and it gave a spotlight to the girls that lost out on pledging because Astra and Charlie had to snipe. And yeah, those two made up . . . but it didn't feel forced. The Legends won through the power of friendship and sisterhood. Also, because Sara somehow "Dead Zoned" Dion and trashed him at Beer Pong. But let's be honest . . . she probably didn't need that ability to beat him. Dion would have able to nail a few cups, but he still would have lost.

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Hudson University, snerk.

I'm not getting the joke.

ETA: Beebo GIF! I like that the show still slip him in from time to time, but it doesn't feel like flogging at all. You might not even have wondered how Zardashian got Beebo doing the "Come Get Some" gesture.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

That cant be Hudson university, I saw not one dead body! Yeah, that was funny, I snickered. 

My mind went straight to L&O too, but then someone mentioned that Hudson is actually in the comics and Martin Stein was a student there. So I’m disappointed we didn’t get a reference to that.

I really enjoyed the episode, so I didn’t even realize there was no time travel until after the episode was done. I don’t want this to become an ongoing thing, but I didn’t mind taking a break from the usual because the episode was really enjoyable. Tonight Charlie got to give the “I hated it when I first joined the Legends but they grow on you” speech to Astra. Paring up Charlie and Astra worked well since they clashed, but Charlie still seemed to understand where Astra was coming from.

I can’t believe it but Mick’s storyline is one of my favorites this season. I love that he got his name on the building and cared about doing better for Lita. 

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like they’re setting up Ava to take Sara’s place, if CL ever decides she wants to leave. Ava is practically a co-captain now. And where was Constantine this episode? He had that flirty moment with Zari then disappeared. Has the budget shrunk so much that every episode one Legend is going to go missing like Ralph or Nia?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm not getting the joke.

Hudson University is the go to college on Law and Order. So much crime goes down there on the various L&O franchises, it’s amazing parents let their kids go there still...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

Hudson University is the go to college on Law and Order.

Ah. I thought there was a pun I was missing. I'm pretty sure Dick Grayson went to Hudson.

Gotta love Astra trying to go with the direct route and the Molotov Cocktail. If it works in Hell . . .

• Love 3

Of course Dionysus ended up as a perpetual student and lead party animal of a major fraternity even as all the other gods of Olympus faded away. I don't know why that idea never occurred to me, but kudos to the writers for their cleverness!

I actually liked him as the "Big Bad" of the episode. Such a refreshing change: we get a villain who has an understandable and not excessively lofty agenda ("I just want to keep the party going!"); said agenda naturally is at odds with the Legends'- at least on its face; and the only possible solution is to outdo him at his own game and be the baddest partygoers around. No fighting necessary!

I kind of hope the writers find a way to bring Dion back again; I think he fits in with this crew, whether as antagonist or ally.

All in all, a pretty fun episode, and everyone managed to get in on the act to some extent (with the exception of Constantine, who frankly should have been in his element here, but has gotten quite a bit of airtime in prior episodes, so I'm okay with him being mostly absent).

• Love 8
9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Everyone on tv plays beer pong with paddles but I’ve never seen it played that way in real life. We always just tossed ping pong balls into cups.

They were using Dartmouth rules.  Paddles were part of the game as originally invented at Dartmouth, according to legend.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Lots of Sara with very little Constantine make for an excellent episode.

Frat boys chanting WHIM-SY! WHIM-SY! WHIM-SY! was probably my favorite moment of the episode, but the operation — to sabotage Dionysus’ party — was great fun too.

• Love 2

Sara's superpower is really cheap to do. It's just a Whoosh sound, which they probably already have and didn't have to create from scratch, lol.

Sara's really taking to this blindness thing really well. Good to know her powers work on gods. They really show her blindness this episode too, with Charlie pulling Sara back to her mark in the sorority video, Sara facing away from the pledges after her speech to them, Nate pushing her into the hug at the end, etc. But I'm hoping Sara can see again by the end of the season, because I don't want her to sit out missions that require them to be out in the field while putting Ava in charge. I need more Captain Lance, not less.

They're really putting a lot of hope on the Loom solving all their problems - Astra's mom, Behrad, Sara's sight. Why do I get the feeling that not all their problems can be solved magically by the Loom?

Dion was a reasonable "villain" this episode, and was a really good sport. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

• Love 6

Dionysus as a Frat boy works. He was fun, I wouldn't mind seeing him again. Nate's pretty much been a dude bro since he got his powers. Which is too bad, I like him as a geeky professor better. 

Sara was the ultimate party girl that became a highly skilled assassin. She didn't need to use her powers to beat Dion at Beer Pong. I'm going with she only used them to see where his cups were. Although you'd think that Dion would wonder how a blind girl could beat him and not think she might have some advantage since she hangs around Clotho. 

Are the Legends just going to be redeeming their former enemies by befriending them and having them join the team? They did that with Nora, and now Astra.  

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Are the Legends just going to be redeeming their former enemies by befriending them and having them join the team? They did that with Nora, and now Astra.  

They’re following Ray “I Made Friends with Vandal Savage in Hell” Palmer’s example.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Arguably also Mick (aka, Chronos).

But, hey, if it means they can get Matt Letscher back on the show, I'm down with it.

• Love 3

I don't have much else to add besides what others have said - loved seeing more Sara this week especially getting to be a badass and a leader, like the slow integration of Astra into the team, didn't miss Constantine or magic at all, 10 seconds of Gary was enough, and continuing to enjoy Zari 2.0 and Charlie. Also really enjoying Mick and his relationship with Lita. I like Lita as a recurring character during "dad weekends."

17 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

They should have just made Nate a dudebro from the start and leave out the hemophilia.

15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I get how Nate can grate with viewers, but he's strangely endearing, even when he's cheating while taking a paddling no one really wanted to give him.

Nate is endearing when they're not forcing him into the "Hunky Romantic Lead" role. He works as a steeled-up dudebro, he works as a geeky professor, but he doesn't work at all as some irresistible romeo that everyone falls for. I wish they'd let him just be a dudebro and bring in someone new and sort of nerdy (nerdy as in geeky and smart, not nerdy as in Gary) but whatever. I'll take it as long as that stop forcing Nate into an unearned and unconvincing epic love every season, especially when he only loves people because they look like someone he used to have a relationship with (Charlie who looks like Amaya, Zari 2.0 who looks like Zari).

16 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Instead of doing my usual "But I don't WANNA ship!!!!!" I'm going to focus on how well they're laying it out. No matter the outcome the pieces are being placed expertly.

THIS! I don't particularly like the idea of Constantine/Zari 2.0 but should they go down the route of a relationship there, it won't be unbelievable or out of nowhere. There's a slow steady build towards it if they do it, and I appreciate that.

• Love 6

I didn't really care for the overall plot of this episode... but the best part was that it looks like Astra might be sticking around long term.  Sarah playing beer pong was awesome too.

Ava's role was diminished, Gary was pretty much nonexistent.  Both good things.  

• Love 4

Really enjoyed this one. Nice use of fraternity and sorority TV tropes and of course , Dion was a fun guest character and a good sport. I hope he does come back next season.

Astra slowly coming around to the Legends, got great scenes with Charlie and the Deltas so of course Lachesis would cash in on her debt.

The show is having a blast with Sara's new powers and they're a lot of fun to watch as well.

Lita has gotten better and I liked her scenes with Mick and Nate and I liked that she had a role in the main plot too.

The episode really went to town with Nate's frat boy ways too.

Zari not drinking from the cup can't end well. Not sure about her and Constantine though. Chemistry is there but writing a bit forced, 8/10

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, darkestboy said:

Zari not drinking from the cup can't end well.

What was it she said when she passed on it? I couldn’t catch it.

It’s kind of baffling to me how they can add some new characters to the team and I’m like yes, please, more of them (Behrad, Astra), and then others are just such a misfire (Mona). 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

What was it she said when she passed on it? I couldn’t catch it.

Super haram. Haram means forbidden in Muslim law.

• Useful 2
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

I didn't really care for the overall plot of this episode... but the best part was that it looks like Astra might be sticking around long term

I agree, I was meh for most of the episode and I don't see what Astra would add to the Legends if they made her permanent.

I think the only things I chuckled at were when Ava tried to activate her ear comm while wearing the moose mascot suit and Zari and the recruit texting back and forth, because Beebo.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't see what Astra would add to the Legends if they made her permanent

I always think back to the original crew and how Jax/Sara/Snart/Mick all had varying degrees of not wanting to be there at the start. No one was an outright antagonist, but they all (especially Snart/Mick) had their own less than Boy Scout-y agendas for why they'd tag along - even if eventually they bought into the team/family aspect. I see this with Astra too, she's kind of an unwilling Legend, and it's fun to have someone on board who's not all "hip hip hooray family and doing good!" 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shantown said:

I always think back to the original crew and how Jax/Sara/Snart/Mick all had varying degrees of not wanting to be there at the start. No one was an outright antagonist, but they all (especially Snart/Mick) had their own less than Boy Scout-y agendas for why they'd tag along - even if eventually they bought into the team/family aspect. I see this with Astra too, she's kind of an unwilling Legend, and it's fun to have someone on board who's not all "hip hip hooray family and doing good!"

No dispute there. But Jax was half of Firestorm, Sara ex assassin, Snart/Mick freeze/heat guns, hell even the semi newer members Charlie shapeshifts, Zari airbender, Constantine has Magic as does his  pointless apprentice Gary, even more pointless Mona even turned into a wolf, and I guess Ava can fight besides call Sara babe all the time, but what does Astra bring if she is made permanent? The only thing she has shown is high mounts of snark because she clawed her way to the top in Hell. It just doesn't seem long term imho. I mean if I lost Ray and Nora so we get Astra, I'd not be a happy camper.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

what does Astra bring if she is made permanent? The only thing she has shown is high mounts of snark because she clawed her way to the top in Hell. It just doesn't seem long term imho.

Well they've really gotten away from showing any of the powers (super or weapon) anyway, so if she turns out to be a strategist or researcher or have the invisible abilities of a Fate or something it would be about what we see anyone else doing. I'm not saying she's gotta be on board til the series finale, but sticking around for a season until she finds purpose or gets her mom back or finds a time period to settle in could be a good arc.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, Sakura12 said:

Clearly they’re following the Twilight Sparkle playbook- you either die a villain, or live long enough to become a bestie.

• LOL 1

I rewatched this episode and there is this the legends are rule followers now. Not even because time travel has to have rules or chaos. Ava has brought the Time Bureau rule following as the go to for legends! 

And I just realized that Sara hasn't talked to Astra or Zari 2.0 She had a bit of conversation with Charlie but it's still just AVA that she has all her (very limited) flesh-outness with. They try to flesh out AVA but she's still mainly just the traits that Rip programed into her.  I was thinking that the writers thought giving AvaLance "cute" moments was meant to make Sara fans happy which was annoying enough, but I've now learned that those moments are usually actor touches. The writers don't provide much.

There is only 3 episodes to go and I don't care about Astra (and I did when she was just in John's nightmares). I like Zari but that is again all actress. Charlie has finally got some nuance which I do like but she's really the only one. With Astra having a touch. Imo.

15 minutes ago, tarotx said:

And I just realized that Sara hasn't talked to Astra or Zari 2.0 She had a bit of conversation with Charlie but it's still just AVA that she has all her (very limited) flesh-outness with. They try to flesh out AVA but she's still mainly just the traits that Rip programed into her. 

This is an on-going problem with the way they write Sara. She rarely has any significant one-on-one scenes with her team mates. If there is, it's usually a one-time thing. I think Sara and Ray only really interacted in S2 premiere, and both Brandon and Caity have commented on how little they interacted, which is strange because they both came from Arrow and Sara helped save Ray! And people that she eventually did get close to are either dead or left the ship. So now, most of her scenes are with Ava.

OTOH, we have seen Ava bond with Zari 2.0, Mick, Lita, and even Astra. Last season, it was Nora.

Sara not having very few meaningful interactions with her team is the main reason it feels more like Ava is taking her job rather them sharing it. Sara barely talks to anyone but Ava. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Sara bonded with Zari 1.0, Amaya, Constantine, Stein and Jax and early on Cold, Rory and Kendra. It wasn't until Ava became a full on love interest and now the main character of the couple, that Sara has has been reduced. It has never been about screen time for me but quality screen time and Sara had that in the Crossover and first episode of the season. Nothing since. Not ever a truly emotional goodbye with Ray. Not even when she became blind. She felt she was going to kill her teammates and they believed she was going crazy. So really the last 2 seasons and some of the later part of season 3. It has been about pushing Ava's growth. Plus the more Legends loses characters they feel less and less like a Family. College roommates is what they feel like in season 5. This episode is fitting. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

I only felt like Sara bonded with Stein, Kendra, Jax and Snart. And maybe Rip. As for the others, she has like one good conversation with them and then never interacts with them again outside of missions or team meetings. Just like Behrad. Or the weekly historical figures she used to bond with in S2. But the people I felt she bonded with have been gone since S2 or S3. So in that sense, yes, ever since Ava became the love interest, that's all Sara has.

No wonder Caity was not as excited about her super power as she was during SDCC last year. It's kind of boring and no one cares. I'm sure CL was expecting at least a cool storyline from it. But she doesn't even get that. 

On 5/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Jediknight said:

It also helped that she was able to get a read on him by establishing physical contact with him when they shook hands. That's how she was able to defeat him. She had foreseen how the entire game would play out because she knew where he would send the ball every time he hit it to her. It's impossible to put one over on someone who can literally predict your next move even before you do.

• Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Jediknight said:

I like that the Deltas are sticking together.  Was hoping for a Where Are They Now montage.

Which wouldn't make sense, since the episode took place in the present. The sorority is still new, and still comprised of its charter members.

But that does make me wonder how adults who are all 30-something (even Charlie looks about that age) were able to pass themselves off as college-age kids.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:43 PM, tennisgurl said:

I just thought that was hysterical but then had to explain to my husband why it was so funny. If only he watched more TV Or followed pop culture....

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I just thought that was hysterical but then had to explain to my husband why it was so funny. If only he watched more TV Or followed pop culture....

OK, I guess I also have to ask what the joke is because the only thing I associate Hudson University with, is it being where Dick Grayson went for one semester after growing up and leaving Wayne Manor in the comics at the dawn of the Bronze Age.

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

OK, I guess I also have to ask what the joke is because the only thing I associate Hudson University with, is it being where Dick Grayson went for one semester after growing up and leaving Wayne Manor in the comics at the dawn of the Bronze Age.

Hudson is the fictional university in all the Law & Order shows. Massive body count that has led viewers to (jokingly) wonder how they still have students. 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Hudson is the fictional university in all the Law & Order shows. Massive body count that has led viewers to (jokingly) wonder how they still have students. 

So... You're saying they might have been better off if Robin had stuck around? 😉

Thanks!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1