Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/13/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Apr. 13 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 3/24/2020) – Sara Haines (co-host “GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke”) guest co-hosts; 2020 presidential candidate and former vice president Joe Biden

Tuesday, Apr. 14 – ABC News Political and Legal Contributor Chris Christie; Cookie Monster (“Sesame Street: Elmo’s Playdate”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, Apr. 15 — Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Apr. 16 — Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Apr. 17 — Bob Saget; Leslie Jordan

• Love 4

At least Cookie Monster is fun. I won't be able to see anything live, but it's nice seeing them still push out View your Deals. I'll be honest, if they had View your Deal twice a week I'd be happy only if it meant that we'd get less commercials.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why are they rebroadcasting a show from only a couple weeks ago?

I had the same question.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why are they rebroadcasting a show from only a couple weeks ago?

Hmmm the only thing i can think is that it was originally preempted and not the whole country got the show.  I looked up the orig ep and it said Sara, with Katy Perry, Lyke and Lionel.  I dont remember that so i guess it will be new to me lol

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:38 AM, MeThinkMeNot said:

At least Cookie Monster is fun.

I'd prefer he was ABC's news contributor over Chris Christie.

I'd give this week up as a wash, but I'm very excited to see the Leslie Jordan interview. Too bad it had to be while the pandemic is going on.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I’m going to be really surprised if they don’t bring Sara back next season.  If they do, maybe big Meg will be on maternity leave for awhile so Sara won’t have to deal with her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Axie said:

I’m going to be really surprised if they don’t bring Sara back next season.  If they do, maybe big Meg will be on maternity leave for awhile so Sara won’t have to deal with her.

If they do, by then Sara will be climbing the walls from being in the house for months with the kids, etc., and she will have no time or patience for Missy's histrionics.   Let the games begin.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

If they do, by then Sara will be climbing the walls from being in the house for months with the kids, etc., and she will have no time or patience for Missy's histrionics.   Let the games begin.

Im hoping MM will be so begot with motherhood that she wont come back after maternity.  That she will just stay gone.  She can stay on the list of fill in hosts, and Sara can come back permanently.  Who knows, this maybe just the first kid.  She might feel the pressure to have a sibling right away, and feel preoccupied than full time host duties.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Im hoping MM will be so begot with motherhood that she wont come back after maternity.  That she will just stay gone.  She can stay on the list of fill in hosts, and Sara can come back permanently.  Who knows, this maybe just the first kid.  She might feel the pressure to have a sibling right away, and feel preoccupied than full time host duties.

Never going to happen. She doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. The nanny is going to raise her kids.

• Love 14

I thought this was the week that they were originally taking off as vacation, and Joy was scheduled to go to Italy this week ? Did they cancel plans for vacation week, and decide to come back live this week ? 

One thing I don't miss is when they used to go to Florida to broadcast from Disney this week in April. Those shows were just horrible. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I was thinking about this recently.  Having three kids is probably why Sara seems to let any guff from Meghan just roll off her back. 

She took her maternity leave for her second child about two months after Meghan got there.  She was gone for about two and a half months, but then only stayed with the show for another 4 1/2 months.

For the last 9+ months she's had to deal with three kids, 4 years old and under.  Sara's been in training; she's got lots of experience now dealing with immature, unreasonable human beings, maybe even more than one at a time.  Now, for her, dealing with Meghan is a piece of cake.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Never going to happen. She doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. The nanny is going to raise her kids.

That's why I was so surprised she even got knocked up. Perhaps it was just one of those nights.....the bourbon was smooth and so was Ben.

• LOL 7

The old Meghan is back.

And interrupting.  Joy barely got a word out, and here comes Meghan, who had just finished talking, blah, blah, blah, blah, both sides, kabuki theater (twice). 

Someone must have sat her down and told her that she had been straying lately, and that she needed to burnish her conservative credentials.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

"As a life long Conservative...." and there it is. And is it just me, crazed from too much at home time, or was she not defending Trump's appalling rudeness at that press conference? If so, is that because she sees herself in him? I mean, just imagine how unbearable she'd be in a room full of reporters?

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Except Megabitch and her ridiculous ginormous glasses.

Maybe that's how she got preggers - she was doing the sexy librarian thing with Ben. Or pretending she was a scientist. 

Dr. F's backpedaling was a MASSIVE disappointment. I know he did it to appease the Obese Orange One but I really thought he had more stones. And sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Nutty's Word of the Day:   Kabuki Theater

I could have sworn I heard her say 'Fallopian' when she meant 'Dystopian'

She went to college, right?  She just pronounced the plural of crisis as crisisies.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Dr. F's backpedaling was a MASSIVE disappointment. I know he did it to appease the Obese Orange One but I really thought he had more stones. And sense.

It reminded me of the POW videos in the late 60s, from North Vietnam. I believe Fauci was blinking to pereceptive viewers in Morse Code; "HELP!" 

• Love 15

Meghan saying that it's a media creation that Dr. Fauci is on thin ice is exactly what the White House said yesterday, conveniently ignoring the fact that the president retweeted someone who used the hashtag "firefauci".

"Criseses" once again.  Amazing what a Columbia education doesn't buy you.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

Of course McCain defended Trump sideways again by attacking the media and trying to paint them out to be acting the same way he is. And of course she talked more than everyone else, seriously STFU. It’s so obvious she doesn’t give a crap about the consequences of all this.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yup. She’s defending trump and blaming the press for people being afraid. 

Someone must have had a talking to.

12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Amazing what a Columbia education doesn't buy you.

Proof money cannot buy you an education. It can only pay for your degree.

5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It’s so obvious she doesn’t give a crap about the consequences of all this.

She will be protected from the consequences of this unless she or someone she cares about gets sick.  Her financial situation won't get worse. She won't lose her job.  The worse thing that will happen to her is her roots won't get done. Which with her being pregnant she shouldn't be having her hair colored anyways.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The worse thing that will happen to her is her roots won't get done.

Yeah but once those pregnancy hormones kick in, look out Ben!! And I'd hide those guns if I were you!

And her feeble attempt to even try to put the press on Trump's level of rudeness was laughable at best. 

• Love 9

The press is always combative, with anyone, if they're being stonewalled.

So I guess conservatives are saying any inconvenient facts should be ignored in regard to this administration.  I'm not sure what they think we should be talking about, then, since the president thinks he's handled, and is handling, everything perfectly. 

Why would Meghan bring up a statistic that only takes into account workers under 45 who are out of work?  Was that the only one she could find?  She didn't need it for the question she asked. 

She thinks citing statistics makes her sound smart, the same reason she wants people to think she has a big vocabulary so she says words she doesn't even understand.  She thinks it serves her purposes.  I would love it if someone would show her how foolish she actually sounds by pointing out all her incorrectly said or used words.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Meggie's isolation is definitely getting to her.   Just wait till you add a squalling, colicky infant into the mix.   While you are sleep deprived.  With raging hormones.  And why am I smiling..........😈

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan saying that it's a media creation that Dr. Fauci is on thin ice is exactly what the White House said yesterday, conveniently ignoring the fact that the president retweeted someone who used the hashtag "firefauci".

"Criseses" once again.  Amazing what a Columbia education doesn't buy you.

For someone who makes her living talking with words, she doesn’t have the best grasp of them!

2 hours ago, lusinia said:

The press is always combative, with anyone, if they're being stonewalled.

So I guess conservatives are saying any inconvenient facts should be ignored in regard to this administration.  I'm not sure what they think we should be talking about, then, since the president thinks he's handled, and is handling, everything perfectly. 

Why would Meghan bring up a statistic that only takes into account workers under 45 who are out of work?  Was that the only one she could find?  She didn't need it for the question she asked. 

She thinks citing statistics makes her sound smart, the same reason she wants people to think she has a big vocabulary so she says words she doesn't even understand.  She thinks it serves her purposes.  I would love it if someone would show her how foolish she actually sounds by pointing out all her incorrectly said or used words.

Christie seems to agree with Meghan...blaming the press who are trying to do their job. They aren’t the problem, Chris.  

• Love 20
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

so she says words she doesn't even understand.  

Or can't pronounce! 

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Meggie's isolation is definitely getting to her.   Just wait till you add a squalling, colicky infant into the mix.   While you are sleep deprived.  With raging hormones.  And why am I smiling..........😈

I am not only smiling but will soon move into hysterical laughter. 

The weight gain should be interesting. She's so short and all boobs as it is!

• Love 5

MeAgain's head was bobbing a lot today.  Is this  a new thing or is it just when she is remote?

The Christie interview was a waste of time and they had him for three segments.  This show is seriously tanking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Christie seems to agree with Meghan...blaming the press who are trying to do their job. They aren’t the problem, Chris.  

Of course Chris would hate on the press considering his corruption surrounding brigdegate and all of the other shady things that he did in New Jersey during his tumultuous tenure as governor that the press reported on relentlessly.  

Don't forget he had the lowest approval rating as a sitting governor during his final months in office.. He was bellicose mendacious shameless defensive and had no qualms going after the press, doesn't that sound familiar? Whoopie who is a resident of New Jersey was always dragging him on the show every chance she got.. Her disdain made me smile.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

For someone who makes her living talking with words, she doesn’t have the best grasp of them!

I doubt Meghan was a good student.  She probably did the least amount of work as needed. She grew up knowing she could go to any college she wanted. She didn't have to work for it. Even the jobs she has had as an adult weren't related to her degree of art history.  She has been hired at her jobs because of who her dad is.  She sought the spotlight. It didn't come looking for her.

• Love 15

If there’s no press conference interruption tomorrow, as there is again today, I think I’ll watch Lindsey Graham, just to see Sunny’s, Joy’s and Whoopie’s reaction to him.  We know Meggy will be kissing Uncle Lindsey’s ass.

• Love 11

How did we luck out with having Meghan absent from the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez interview?  That was a nice, unexpected, change of pace.

Either Meghan left early, or that was taped beforehand..    

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, lusinia said:

How did we luck out with having Meghan absent from the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez interview?  That was a nice, unexpected, change of pace.

Either Meghan left early, or that was taped beforehand..    

There's no way this was not on purpose.  All the smack MM has talked about AOC the only way she was not part of this interview is that either AOC requested it or the powers that be purposely excluded her.

The View has a history of excluding MM in certain interviews.  Especially if the topic has to due with social inequity or race.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8