Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/13/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Bob Saget is never comic relief.

Thankfully for me the show crapped out, as our PM has come on to give his daily address and as boring as that is, at least it spared me from Saget who I NEVER, EVER find the slightest bit funny.

• Love 11

Saget was on CNN a few weeks ago making " a joke" that he made a face mask out of a pair of his underwear ... and that next time he would use a clean pair instead.  I mean, really.  How old is this guy?  Telling low brow jokes that only a 7 year old might snicker at. 

• Love 5

The View has the worst of the worst as guests on this show.  Bob Saget, Lindsay Graham, Newt Gingrinch, Jason Biggs, Kim Kardashian--fuck it all-why do we watch this mess? If I see one more fucking millionaire skyping from their mansions talk about how hard it is, I am going to lose it.

• Love 15

"Is there a focus he should be focusing on right now"? - Whoopie

Meghan says that the only thing she's "100% sure of" is that Biden's pick has to be a "deeply serious person".  Who the heck, among any of the choices he has, isn't a deeply serious person?

Oh, ffs!  "Criseses" again.  Please, somebody, correct her.  (Just shows you how much people who should care about her don't, since they let her continually display her ignorance, which in this instance could so easily be corrected.  And doesn't she have a dictionary on her nightstand?  Or was that a thesaurus?) 

Warren didn't say she wanted to be vp or that she would consider being vp.  She said she would accept if asked.

Oh, dear, here I go agreeing with Meghan again.  It's one thing to be assertive, and lobby for a job in your place of work, or elsewhere.  It's a whole other thing to say, in front of the entire country, that you want a job.  That's putting Joe on the spot.  He even said on this show that he didn't want to name who was on his short list so that people aren't disappointed if they (or their preferred choice) aren't selected.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Meghan says that the only thing she's "100% sure of" is that Biden's pick has to be a "deeply serious person".  Who the heck, among any of the choices he has, isn't a deeply serious person?

Oh, ffs!  "Criseses" again.  Please, somebody, correct her.  (Just shows you how much people who should care about her don't, since they let her continually display her ignorance, which in this instance could so easily be corrected.  And doesn't she have a dictionary on her nightstand?  Or was that a thesaurus?) 

Regarding her nightstand, was it some guest’s book she said was on the nightstand?  Along with Dolly P’s pic. Along with a copy of the Constitution.

Regarding “serious person” for VP, she’s seen what happens when the candidate isn’t serious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I’ve decided I’m not mentally up to watching today I hate Saget. I don’t want to delve into it too much but with MeeAgain’s  comment about the need of some serious VP candidate, because like I read why do Democrat's need someone who walks on water when they just pick their nose and put a red hat on it. Wish joy would say that.  

2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Wow. Watching Megsly’s seemingly disembodied head Bob around was surreal. 

Now you’re making me want to tune in.  

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

I changed the channel when Saget came on.   Then I forgot to go back.

You must watch watch what you missed, then.  Leslie Jordan was hilarious.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I changed the channel when Saget came on.   Then I forgot to go back.

I did, too. He's another 'boring' go-to-guest when they need to fill time, just like Biggs. Makes me want them to bring back Mario Cantone for the 'go-to-guy, like they used to do.

• Love 8
On 4/17/2020 at 12:41 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

The View has the worst of the worst as guests on this show.  Bob Saget, Lindsay Graham, Newt Gingrinch, Jason Biggs, Kim Kardashian--fuck it all-why do we watch this mess? If I see one more fucking millionaire skyping from their mansions talk about how hard it is, I am going to lose it.

Boy! They really pulled out all the D-Listers on their list this week didn't they?!

20 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Makes me want them to bring back Mario Cantone for the 'go-to-guy, like they used to do.

Gawd no!!! That guy gave me a headache! These people who only operate at one setting - maniacal - are to much to take right now.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Gawd no!!! That guy gave me a headache! These people who only operate at one setting - maniacal - are to much to take right now.

Does anyone know what exactly happened with Cantone and 'The View'? He's been missing for a few seasons now - I think since MM joined the show. I wonder if she had anything to do with it, or the new producer Candi Carter ?  I never found him that funny - small doses of him went a long way, and in most cases he over-stayed his welcome.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2020 at 12:41 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

I wonder if it's hard to book guests these days. I mean, the topic of every conversation will be COVID 19, no doubt. I'm wondering if different celebs are afraid to voice their opinions and concerns, since no matter what they say they will be ridiculed all over social media ?

And by the looks of what transpired over the past week at FOX, I don't think they will be welcoming Dr. OZ or Dr. Phil back anytime soon.  I doubt they'll even bring them up in Hot Topics going forward - which they should, since they had both of them on their show very recently. I think they owe it to their viewers. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:
On 4/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, ThePurpleArcher said:

Makes me want them to bring back Mario Cantone for the 'go-to-guy, like they used to do.

Hmmm...guess I'm in the minority.  I agree that he's over-the-top (not my usual preference) and that he goes on too long, but he's very talented, quick-witted, and very entertaining. Here's a recent Cantone Tweet:

image.png.a31d9e42f583b3092891300b17ea4d14.pngOprah, it's your call.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I wonder if it's hard to book guests these days. I mean, the topic of every conversation will be COVID 19, no doubt. I'm wondering if different celebs are afraid to voice their opinions and concerns, since no matter what they say they will be ridiculed all over social media ?

And by the looks of what transpired over the past week at FOX, I don't think they will be welcoming Dr. OZ or Dr. Phil back anytime soon.  I doubt they'll even bring them up in Hot Topics going forward - which they should, since they had both of them on their show very recently. I think they owe it to their viewers. 

Ellen Pompeo is due to be on Friday and she made her opinion about the tv doctors very public. But I won't be surprised if the show doesn't acknowledgement what they said. And when the heat dies down they will probably have them back on as guests.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Does anyone know what exactly happened with Cantone and 'The View'?

He's definitely not on as much as he used to be, but he was on for Joy's birthday last year -

5 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

And by the looks of what transpired over the past week at FOX, I don't think they will be welcoming Dr. OZ or Dr. Phil back anytime soon. 

Let's hope. 

And isn't it funny how they were both a "hot topic" in the news this past week, but you wouldn't know it if you were watching this show's "hot topics".  I hope it's not because they're afraid of burning any bridges.  I could actually see the show angling to have one or both of them on for their "clarifications" and "apologies".   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, Haleth said:

Regarding her nightstand, was it some guest’s book she said was on the nightstand?  Along with Dolly P’s pic. Along with a copy of the Constitution.

Regarding “serious person” for VP, she’s seen what happens when the candidate isn’t serious. 

Was it that rag book somebody wrote 'bout the View, last summer.?

27 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Was it that rag book somebody wrote 'bout the View, last summer.?

Sorry, should have read closer.  Thought we were playing 'find the book and have a drink! The board game lol

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, Tammee said:

What happ with the esteemed doctors Oz and Phil?  I havent seen any news. thanks

They made some ill advised comments on Fox. Any more said is off topic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/17/2020 at 1:13 PM, lusinia said:

Warren didn't say she wanted to be vp or that she would consider being vp.  She said she would accept if asked.

Thank you!   I hate the way it's being discussed, as if Warren is "gunning for the job,"  when she was asked, specifically, by Rachel Maddow -  would she take the job if offered?  Yeah, she'd be an idiot to say no.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Tammee said:

What happ with the esteemed doctors Oz and Phil?  I havent seen any news. thanks

You can Google what was said, although there was plenty of detailed coverage on PRIMETIMER's homepage for the past week. 

Speaking of which, I noticed Dr. Ashton has not been on over the past few weeks, either. In March, it seemed like she was a weekly guest. 

• Love 2