Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/13/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Whoopie is so 'funny' when she does her Valley Girl imitation - too bad she didn't do a Latina imitation while AOC was being interviewed this morning. I'm sure AOC and Sunny would have laughed hysterically over that if she did ! 

Why would she?  Not really the same thing.  A valley girl is not any particular race or ethnicity.  I've heard women of multiple races speak with that same accent.   While some may find the valley girl/vocal fry voice to be annoying, it is not the equivalent of mocking someone's ethnicity.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt that they prob lost her feed. 

But at the very end of the show Whoopie made a point of saying that they had no camera or feed problems of any kind today.  Was that shade?  Did she mean it tongue-in-cheek? 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

WOW!  Meghan McCain's sudden disappearance for the AOC interview didn't go un-noticed by the media!!! LOL!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/shes-a-complete-coward-meghan-mccain-abruptly-disappears-from-the-view-during-interview-with-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/

I love this tweet from that story. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Blerd_Life/status/1250452643497066497

"Punk ass bitch" 😂🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, lusinia said:

But at the very end of the show Whoopie made a point of saying that they had no camera or feed problems of any kind today.  Was that shade?  Did she mean it tongue-in-cheek? 

Oh, did she?  I didn’t watch the last couple minutes. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

The View has a history of excluding MM in certain interviews.  Especially if the topic has to due with social inequity or race.  

Which Meghan tries to get away with dismissing as "identity politics." At least she did until Stacey Abrams shut that down. It's galling to hear Meghan chant  "identity politics" and "virtue signalling" to real problems of race in this country.  Especially from someone whose sole claim to her professional identity and virtue is Being John McCain's Daughter.

And! If someone (usually Sunny) brings up race and politics, Meghan acts like the wounded party! "Not all Conservatives are racist! How dare you try to paint me with that brush! That's a low blow! My father!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Which Meghan tries to get away with dismissing as "identity politics." At least she did until Stacey Abrams shut that down. It's galling to hear Meghan chant  "identity politics" and "virtue signalling" to real problems of race in this country.  Especially from someone whose sole claim to her professional identity and virtue is Being John McCain's Daughter.

Meghan's whole life is identity politics.  She votes according to her beliefs. How is that any different than a black person or a gay person or a woman voting their beliefs? Who we are influences our beliefs.  At least I can articulate why I am the way I am. Can Meghan do the same?

• Love 19

After MeAgain tried to sound all sorts of empathetic during the Birx interview regarding people of color contracting COVID at such a high rate, I find it beyond strange that she didn't take part in the AOC interview considering one neighborhood in AOC's district has the highest number of positive tests of any zip code in the country. Wonder what the real story is behind her absence.  I, for one, am not buying a technical issue.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

If Meghan chose to absent herself from the interview, I'm wondering if it was because in the last couple of weeks she has shown a seemingly more sympathetic side when talking about the outsize impact this virus is having on communities of color, and has been very vocal about her negative feelings towards this administration, and yet yesterday she was back in full swing, trying to prove her conservative credentials, with "both-sides", "press bad", not a good thing to say about anybody.  

Even Meghan knows how horrible it would've looked if she had been tough on AOC and, considering the circumstances, she may not have even wanted to be, but she would also know that her tribe wouldn't like that one bit, and since she was so obviously trying to get back in their good graces yesterday, she sat this one out.

Maybe the producers didn't want to take a chance that she might be rude and thoughtless, so they made the call.  Either way, it was a breath of fresh air, and I'm grateful.  More of this, please. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I was glad Joy got to respond last today. Since nobody gets to respond back to anything to avoid technical issues / inability to hear, McCain shouldn't get to go last all the time. I tuned out during AOC's interview, but I had noticed that she wasn't there.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, After7Only said:

Why would she?  Not really the same thing.  A valley girl is not any particular race or ethnicity.  I've heard women of multiple races speak with that same accent.   While some may find the valley girl/vocal fry voice to be annoying, it is not the equivalent of mocking someone's ethnicity.

Imitating the way anyone speaks - or any one group of people speak - just for a cheap laugh is beyond annoying; it's offensive. It would be the same way if Whoopi mocked a person or group of people on the way they dress, the way they wear their hair, where they choose to live, etc. 

Yet if she feels the need to pick on one group of people to offend, why not do it to every group ? 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Imitating the way anyone speaks - or any one group of people speak - just for a cheap laugh is beyond annoying; it's offensive. It would be the same way if Whoopi mocked a person or group of people on the way they dress, the way they wear their hair, where they choose to live, etc. 

Yet if she feels the need to pick on one group of people to offend, why not do it to every group ? 

Because a Whoopi “mocking” a general group of young people by using an accent is not the same as mocking an accent of 2 specific people based only on their ethnicity.  Especially since neither speak with a Latina accent.    Context is important.  And it’s dilutes the seriousness of racism and xenophobia when we equate the two.   

People use British  accents for humor purposes all the time  I doubt very few find it offensive.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Megs' word of the day:  Existential 

And her audio was totally messed up and I couldn't hear anything she said.   Can I please have this every day?

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Well, darn. No Uncle Lindsey for me today. The View is preempted for the funeral of a police officer killed last week. 😢

I've noticed in my area and for Xfinity subscribers, that this shitshow is repeated from 1:30ish a.m. to 2:30ish a.m. So those that are preempted in the DC/MD/VA, can watch it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Is it just me, or do McCain’s eyes barely ever look at the camera? She looks as if she’s reading a script verbatim when she’s speaking, as if it’s propped up to the side of the camera. She’s always relied on blue cards more than the other co-hosts, but now from home she can just read a script her hubby wrote for her, lol. Joy looked down when she was reading quotes from Pirro and Ingraham, but otherwise the other three ladies are always looking at the camera, not reading their opinion to the audience.

Now she's trying to counter Joy's excellent statements with CULTURE WAR CLASH! CULTURE WAR CLASH! She's as bad as the people Joy quoted when it comes to endangering people with misinformation.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17

"Existential" once again.  Twice again.

I just minutes ago read about Michael Che paying one month's rent for the 160 apartments in his grandmother's building.  What a nice thing for him to do.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

Switch gears?!  They were talking about China.

November?  Nobody was talking about this in November.

Here we go again.  Conservatives are sooo concerned that people might be getting too much money from the government.  Instead of saying that, why not acknowledge that wages are too low for so many people, and that's why their stimulus check is higher than their paycheck.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 11

Having a vaccine around the corner in November won't do us any good on election day.

It's been good to see Joy in much better spirits this week.  She's happy to have a routine again, I think.

I have missed Sara, though.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Now she's trying to counter Joy's excellent statements with CULTURE WAR CLASH! CULTURE WAR CLASH! She's as bad as the people Joy quoted when it comes to endangering people with misinformation.

Oh, so she's gone from Tribal to Culture now? Look at my face. Color me Shocked. NOT.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

If y'all that are dehydrated, take a sip of water everytime the word China is said. You'll be hydrated in no time. Don't do this with alcohol, I don't want y'all to get alcohol poisoning.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Sunny hates Lindsey Graham.  Her contempt for him is palatable.

Move over Sunny.

You don't want to hear what I was shrieking at my TV. It was a level of profanity that even shocked ME!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Move over Sunny.

You don't want to hear what I was shrieking at my TV. It was a level of profanity that even shocked ME!!!

I turned him off before he started.  You know what he will say so why listen. I would have been screaming too!  Trying to zen more!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Sunny hates Lindsey Graham.  Her contempt for him is palatable.

Heh yea she was pretty awesome.  She had a point counter point for every dam thing he said.  Whoopi was the other one that spoke wonders by actions, not by mouth.  None of the pleasantries to LG.  Was just a level down from outright rudeness.  I chuckled.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, lusinia said:

"Existential" once again.  Twice again.

I just minutes ago read about Michael Che paying one month's rent for the 160 apartments in his grandmother's building.  What a nice thing for him to do.

That was.  I was touched 

• Love 8
On 4/15/2020 at 2:39 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

Didn't she make herself scarce during a previous AOC appearance? Either way, I don't buy technical issues. It's too big a coincidence.

Is that what they said, tech issues?  I did notice her audio was fading in and out, and choppy etc. So yeah i would probably believe that, this time lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Well, darn. No Uncle Lindsey for me today. The View is preempted for the funeral of a police officer killed last week. 😢

Same, so tragic, such a young woman who sounds like an amazing police officer & all around Beloved person...better than Lindsey any day. 

• Love 6

I really must say that Whoopi's complete lack of social graces is appalling (except for when she's talking to someone she thinks may give her a gig)!!!

The same goes for Missy, except for when she talking to/about someone on "her team".

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Is that what they said, tech issues?  I did notice her audio was fading in and out, and choppy etc. So yeah i would probably believe that, this time lol

She was burying her mic in her bulky sweater when she leaned forward.  Just sayin'!

• Love 8

I'm guessing that after Ben got wind of Missy's confession to watching an AOC live-stream, she got a series of blue note cards with lots of exclamation points. Big change from her this week.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know what Meg is doing with her mic but half the time it’s hard to hear what she is saying. I prefer “wah wah wah” over her usual bloviating. 

It’s probably wrapped in a flag and buried under a copy of the Constitution

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Whenever they focus on McCain's camera, it's like you can hear a blowdryer running down the hall or something. Technical difficulties! She might need to be off for a week to figure out what's happening... ;)

I agree with Sunny, Kamala is likely the best choice for Biden's VP (among some other names). But Stacey Abrams is very intelligent and well-spoken, her past appearances on The View alone made that incredibly obvious.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree with Sunny, Kamala is likely the best choice for Biden's VP (among some other names). But Stacey Abrams is very intelligent and well-spoken, her past appearances on The View alone made that incredibly obvious.

I don't want to go off topic but when choosing a running mate you not only look at the candidate but also what that candidate can bring to your ticket. Abrams could put Georgia in play.

• Love 8