Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E02: Sweet Dreams Are Made of Dee

• Start Topic

Players compete in the thrilling “Airdrop Extraction” challenge. When Rogan falls for a new player, a jealous Dee seeks to stand in the way. With pressure building to help secure Tori a red skull, Jordan has a temper tantrum at the challenge.

Airs April 8, 2020.

Dee absolutely should have put herself into that elimination. It would have been a huge moment.  I get not wanting to lose to Jenn but still, she would have taken her as easily as Jenny did. Dumb! I like the twist of being able to put yourself in the elimination even if you're in the Tribunal. This way people won't start resorting to throw games in order to get voted in. 

Jenn was an idiot to listen to Wes and John about that letter but that was hilarious watching her speak to the group. I don't know why she didn't go off on them for getting played and instead focused all her hate on Dee. Dee or no Dee, she was obviously the weakest girl in the house and the one that get put in early as an easy out.

So sick of Jordan and Tori. Jordan shouldn't get pissed at Dee for not taking care of Tori because she "owes" them from the last challenge. He should be pissed at himself for not winning and securing Tori that spot. Shut up Jordan.

• Love 7

Have to give it to Ashley - her assessment of Dee allowing Jenny to earn her red skull was naive. Is Dee sleeping? Can see why she is seething w/ jealousy Jenn is hot. Proud Dee didn’t allow Jordan to control her tribunal but girl needed to earn that skull herself. 

Johnny and Wes f ing with Jenn was fun but is she really that ditzy? 😂 she seemed too prissy to be a legit challenger. Might break a nail or lose an extension. Does anyone have that much beautiful hair?!  She would’ve been better for like Big Brother. 

Fessy is a beast. I’ve been watching him and he is very athletic. Josh has definitely improved and looks stronger. Cory looks great too. Jordan is always great but we found a weakness tonight for sure. 

• Love 3

Honestly, between tonight's tribal council uh ... display on Survivor and Jenn's speech, penned by Wes and Bananas, I'm not sure which was more embarrassing.

That's quite the aura of entitlement coming from Jordan and Tori there. Dee isn't my favorite, and Jordan earned my respect last season with his competitive drive, but ... yikes. Not a good look for him or his fiancee.

I feel like "win an elimination to go to a final" should've injected another layer of strategy into the game, but with these Mensa candidates, it was like giving them a particularly difficult math problem. And math is hard, you guys.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Wes and Johnny messing with Jenn was them acting as part time producers but it made for hilarious television so I’m not mad about it. 

Dee should have gone in, but I do understand her not being mentally ready. 

I can’t help but admire Fessy’s performance so far. But I know nothing about him. What are the chances he’s not a total douche??

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

I can’t help but admire Fessy’s performance so far. But I know nothing about him. What are the chances he’s not a total douche??

Ymmv, and I got into several arguments on this topic during his BB season, but I think he's a total sweetheart. Not necessarily the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to strategy... more like the red crayon on February 15th .... but definitely not a douche. And I was strenuously in favor of the opposing alliance on that season.

I think he's an absolute beast, and I think (and hope, obviously) he'll go far on The Challenge. Swaggy C on the other hand...

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

What are they feeding these guys?  They were wolfing down those chips.

That challenge was no BS but it favored the teams with 2 guys over the teams with 2 girls.  Just so happened that Jenny was also on a team with two guys.

The relay was a good strategy but Jenny was carrying the boxes uphill!

Obviously big advantage going later in the helicopter.  

I don’t recall Jenn from TAR.  Oh well doubt she will be back.

That may have have been the easiest Red Skull opportunity this season.  There were rows of pots to swing over and Jenn was probably going to struggle with something requiring some strength.  Looks like she didn’t even manage to swing one over.

What’s it going to take for Dee to get that Rogan isn’t into her?  After last season when he tried to throw her in elimination, she should have wised up.  That wasn’t just about the game, it was a way for him to dump her.

• Love 9

Tonight was a disappointment. The only win Jen got was that her boot wasn't as embarrassing as the person voted out of Survivor tonight.

I'm an avowed fan of The Amazing Race. I went into this season wondering if Jen counted as a "real Racer," given that she only ran the single leg in TAR29. While I have to wonder whether she actually watched The Challenge, it was rough seeing Johnny and Wes "helping" her. Then she gives her speech, and those two are openly jerking each other off. And then Jenny basically humiliates her in Purgatory. Like I said, it was rough. And I figure there were a few interviews cut out where the veterans slagged TAR because of her (lack of) performance. I think a few former Racers might do well playing this game, but they're not young enough, nor would they considered to be attractive enough to cast.

I wanted to see what would have happened had Jen defeated Jenny. Then I get an image of the camera zooming on Jen's helmet, with the red skull (does Marvel know about this?) freshly slapped onto it. Off-camera: sex noises from Jen and Rogan.

I'm not liking Bergnana Wesnana. Even if two are aligned with the understanding that they'd gun for each other near the end, it makes Wes look like more of an asshole. And Wes hates Jordan, exposing another flaw of Wesnana: the most awesome hate triangle between Johnny, Jordan and Wes. Their chemistry would have you guessing what they would choke first: each other's throats or each other's chickens.

Not much else to add. The "red skull" twist will probably get really annoying soon, but it's making for decent storytelling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jenn is absolutely gorgeous, so I can see why Dee was intimidated by that. Rogan has shown her time and time again that he’s had his fun and is done with her, especially after she helped win him some money.  Jenn was obviously the weakest player, but I think Dee was legitimately shaken by the newer model. 

I knew she wouldn’t go into elimination against her though.  She said she’d be embarrassed to lose to her, but I’m not sure she was all that confident about Jenn’s (In)abilities. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, scrb said:

That challenge was no BS but it favored the teams with 2 guys over the teams with 2 girls.  Just so happened that Jenny was also on a team with two guys.

I thought the same thing. The top 3 teams were 2 guy/1 girl teams. The ones with 2 girls didn't stand a chance. 

• Useful 1

I never thought of Dee as a strategic player. I think she rode coattails last season to a win, but a win is a win.

We’re only at the second episode but Dee is not making great decisions at this point. She’s losing almost all of her political capital in this one episode.

Ashley hit the nail on the head. She gave, arguably, the strongest woman in the house the easiest elimination win. Jenny can still go into an elimination but no other woman is going to want to go against her. I can see every other woman in the house campaigning not to vote in Jenny. 

Also, Wes mentioned that he could see Jenny beating him and Dee in a final. I don’t know if this season will only have one winner, regardless of gender, as they did in seasons 31 and 33. I don’t recall if they mentioned it so I’ll have to go back and rewatch. However, if it’s the case that there’s only one winner, I think Dee just made a terrible game move.

• Love 3

Fessy was not a douche on BB.  He was very very VERY dumb at the game.  I felt badly for him most of the time, even when I was rooting for him.

He was a bit creepy too but kinda sorta got the girl in the end.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Didn't mind seeing Jordan lose, but I did think it was unfair for the team that finished first in part 1 had to go first in part 2.  The reward for "winning" part 1 should have been selecting the order of part 2...

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jenn is absolutely gorgeous, so I can see why Dee was intimidated by that. Rogan has shown her time and time again that he’s had his fun and is done with her, especially after she helped win him some money.  Jenn was obviously the weakest player, but I think Dee was legitimately shaken by the newer model. 

I knew she wouldn’t go into elimination against her though.  She said she’d be embarrassed to lose to her, but I’m not sure she was all that confident about Jenn’s (In)abilities. 

Hmm, I actually think Dee is more attractive, but everybody has different tastes. As for not volunteering for elimination, I totally understand.  Competitors always talk about the importance of being in the right head-space before an elimination. When Wes was thrown in at the last minute last season, he was blindsided and thus, unprepared. He lost. Dee had no idea about the twist of being able to pick herself for elimination, so she was also blindsided. I don't think I would have thrown myself in at the last second either. 

5 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Didn't mind seeing Jordan lose, but I did think it was unfair for the team that finished first in part 1 had to go first in part 2.  The reward for "winning" part 1 should have been selecting the order of part 2...

Yeah, I thought it was BS that the 1st place team didn't get any advantage. It would have been fair if the team in 1st place had more tries to hit the target. 1st place could get 9 tries, 2nd 8 tries, 3rd 7 tries. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Zima said:

Hmm, I actually think Dee is more attractive, but everybody has different tastes. As for not volunteering for elimination, I totally understand.  Competitors always talk about the importance of being in the right head-space before an elimination. When Wes was thrown in at the last minute last season, he was blindsided and thus, unprepared. He lost. Dee had no idea about the twist of being able to pick herself for elimination, so she was also blindsided. I don't think I would have thrown myself in at the last second either. 

Agreed. Dee is not my favorite but I was on her side during that. Like she said, anything can happen in an elimination. Looking at the elimination, she would have been able to beat Jenn, but she was not mentally prepared. I am not on her side with the ridiculous lusting after Rogan. After everything he did to her last season. Not a good look for Dee.

Jenn's speech made no sense. Saying "wouldn't you rather go against me in a final and lose?". Well yeah Jenn, that would mean that you would still have to go into an elimination and win in order to get to said final. I know that wasn't really the point because Wes and Johnny were messing with her and she probably didn't get it.

I had to laugh at the little scene of Bear crushing on Kailah, saying she ran by and winked at him.

• Love 2

Even more cringe than usual in this episode.

I can understand Dee not wanting to go in at the last minute, but it was still fun watching everyone trashing her after she'd been talking a big game. And the only time I liked Tori in this episode was where she was telling Dee to move the eff on. Rogan is her man / ex man? No. Not even close.

Jordan's death stare after he blew the competition was hilarious. He had no one to blame but himself, and he can't even bring himself to congratulate the winners? You're not 5 dude, grow up. 

Tori's entitlement definitely showed up tonight. Ugh.

Oh Jenn. So beautiful. So dim. I kind of felt bad for her though. No one except Dee really seemed to have a problem with her up until the speech, but yikes that was bad. The whole thing dimmed my liking of Wes a bit. She was a good sport, but I'm sure she was screaming at the TV last night. Unless she still didn't get it.

Watching Jenny, Fessy, and even Josh kind of beast through the competition was pretty impressive.

Poor Big T. She really wants to prove herself.

Nice of everyone to help Jenny get right to the finals.

• Love 3

You see these montages of them working out.

I wonder if they all work out all the time or only a couple of them are dedicated.

And some of the working out is just filmed and as soon as the cameras are off, they start wolfing down the chips again.

😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

Nice of everyone to help Jenny get right to the finals.

But she is not in the finals yet. She can get thrown in every single girls week. If I was a guy that is what I would do. Throw her in each week to either get her out or get rid of all the girls. If I was a girl I would throw in Jordan or Fessy and let them fight each week. You get rib of weak players but you take out some strong ones too.

Johnny was on TMZ yesterday talking about The Challenge. He was promoting the shit out of the show.

Edited by xfuse
On 4/10/2020 at 4:02 PM, xfuse said:

But she is not in the finals yet. She can get thrown in every single girls week. If I was a guy that is what I would do. Throw her in each week to either get her out or get rid of all the girls. If I was a girl I would throw in Jordan or Fessy and let them fight each week. You get rib of weak players but you take out some strong ones too.

Johnny was on TMZ yesterday talking about The Challenge. He was promoting the shit out of the show.

Each girl is planning their elimination and how they can get their red skull against a person they think they can beat. When a girl is in the tribunal, they probably won't nominate Jenny if they plan on going in for themselves to get the red skull. The girls around the house will campaign to go against the person they perceive as the weakest, which all the cast members seemed to agree that isn't Jenny. Therefore, it's very possible that Jenny could coast to a final. Overall, either the woman (or women) in the Tribunal will campaign the house to vote in the weakest girl to put themselves in, or girls in the house will campaign to throw the weakest girl in and campaign the Tribunal to throw them in against the weakest girl (as both Jenny and Tori did).

Additionally, it's very possible that many of the guys would want to run a final with Jenny so they may want to keep her out of the elimination as well.

If the house votes in a "strong girl" (with or without a red skull), I can see the Tribunal throwing in Jenny.

For the guys, it's trickier because I don't have much of a read on a lot of them. I have no doubt they want to go against the "lay ups." I can see Jay being put into elimination again. I think they view him as one of the weakest guys (which I believe is why he was thrown in the first time, other than being a rookie). Kyle, CT, Johnny, and Wes would rather go up against a "weak" guy. Bear has a big ego. He may think he can beat Wes in an elimination again. He may be willing to go in against Wes, a person Bear may not believe is the weakest player out of the bunch.

-

-

-

The dynamic of the Tribunal is more interesting to me now because throwing someone into an elimination is now a favor (as Cory felt he owed to Jenny). Instead of wheeling and dealing among the house or an alliance throwing someone in that they don't like, the Tribunal members have more incentive make deals among each other. If two guys are in the Tribunal and it's a guys' elimination week, they make a deal between each other to let one of them go into an elimination (assuming the house nominates someone they feel they can beat) in exchange for a later favor... and the same for the women... and that's all a gamble in the end of the day because that person may not be around to return that future favor.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, jsm1125 said:

Oh how I would love to see Jenny, Laurel, Evelyn and Emily Schrom face off against each other in an elimination!

Emily is one that I would love to see back in the Challenge house. She is one of my favorites.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2

Well, that elimination was shit. I really hope we don't run in to much more of these useless episodes. 

Jenny celebrating like she actually did something is fucking laughable and Dee is so damn petty and clingy as fuck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I have no doubt they want to go against the "lay ups." I can see Jay being put into elimination again. I think they view him as one of the weakest guys (which I believe is why he was thrown in the first time, other than being a rookie).

Yeah, from the guys' perspective, why wouldn't you throw Jay in there again? People not only want to go into elimination not only against someone you can beat, but so you eliminate as few allies as possible. The red skull seems to have made elimination "King of the Mountain" in a way. Jay has a red skull, he's "king of the mountain." The object is to knock him off, and take his red skull for yourself.

It makes the girls look ridiculous, because the guys weren't aware of this twist, while the girls were. And yet, the girls chose not to throw in two rookies. They can't play "Queen of the Mountain" with Jenny. They have to wait until someone wants to take her on to get rid of her.

But again, that's advanced math, and these aren't the brightest bulbs.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, Eolivet said:

It makes the girls look ridiculous, because the guys weren't aware of this twist, while the girls were. And yet, the girls chose not to throw in two rookies. They can't play "Queen of the Mountain" with Jenny. They have to wait until someone wants to take her on to get rid of her.

I don't follow any of these people in the off-season if they're in other shows, interviews, social media or whatever it is that they do.

I'm extremely curious at how the Dee-Jenny thing happened. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that Dee is losing all of her political capital. The part where Dee basically admits that she said Tori, Jordan and Dee are at the top of each other's lists but "we didn't shake on it" and that her and Tori didn't work together until the final. These have to be the sorriest excuses I've ever heard.

I thought Tori had a great rebuttal in that Dee also didn't work with Jenny AT ALL. The alliance that Dee was in, the Paul and Cara alliance, voted Jenny into elimination twice when they obtained Tribunal power.

Dee is in a much weaker position because I think people are more willing to go against Dee over Jenny. Dee isn't safe unless she's good at the politics, and she doesn't have the benefit of getting the same "charity red skull" that Jenny got.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2020 at 12:16 AM, IndyMischa said:

Ymmv, and I got into several arguments on this topic during his BB season, but I think he's a total sweetheart. Not necessarily the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to strategy... more like the red crayon on February 15th .... but definitely not a douche. And I was strenuously in favor of the opposing alliance on that season.

I think he's an absolute beast, and I think (and hope, obviously) he'll go far on The Challenge. Swaggy C on the other hand...

Yeah I never really felt that he was a douche either.  In fact out of the people who were in his alliance I would say he was the second most likable.  For me Haleigh was the most likable.

Plus unlike Chris and Bayleigh he did not try to scam a guy with cancer.

I wonder if people know how much of a beast Kaycee is at challenges.  I'm sure Josh does and everyone from her BB season does.  But I wonder if the rest of the cast views her as a lay-up.  If they do, they do it at their own peril.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:07 AM, scrb said:

I don’t recall Jenn from TAR.  Oh well doubt she will be back.

Same here, then again I really do not recall many people from the recent TAR seasons.  Which is odd because I remember people from older ones just fine.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:04 AM, Zima said:

Hmm, I actually think Dee is more attractive, but everybody has different tastes.

I find Dee very attractive, the accent helps a lot as well. 

Edited by BK1978
Just fixing a typo
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder if people know how much of a beast Kaycee is at challenges.  I sure Josh does and everyone from her BB season does.  But I wonder if the rest of the cast views her as a lay-up.  If they do, they do it at their own peril.

You know, Kaycee could actually last quite awhile, maybe even the whole time. She is very low-key and people of all types seem to end up liking her plus, yea, she is likely to be very competitive in comps. I could see her going into an elimination soon just because she's a rookie and then people getting scared after they see how good she is. And all the while, she likely won't get a single confessional lol. She hasn't had one yet, has she?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah I never really felt that he was a douche either.  In fact out of the people who were in his alliance I would say he was the second most likable.  For me Haleigh was the most likable.

Plus unlike Chris and Bayleigh he did not try to scam a guy with cancer.

A billion percent this!! 

12 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder if people know how much of a beast Kaycee is at challenges.  I sure Josh does and everyone from her BB season does.  But I wonder if the rest of the cast views her as a lay-up.  If they do, they do it at their own peril.

I kind of hope they do see her as a lay-up. It will be even more entertaining when they throw her in the proving ground expecting an easy win for a favorite vet, and Kaycee stomps her like a bug. 

• Love 3

I would love to see Rockstar on this show.  I know there is no chance of hell in this happening, but my goodness would that be hilarious.  She thought dealing with Brett on her daughter's birthday was bad.  I would love to see how she handles some of the people in this game. 

• LOL 1

I am just not digging this season.  It's the same problem a lot of other people are having - the aesthetic and the timing of it.  Normally, I almost resent the beautiful places and homes these idiots stay, and if the world were normal, I would probably enjoy watching these assholes be stuck underground in dismal surroundings.  But right now?  No.  I've been watching past seasons on MTV Hits, and seeing them out by the pool is what my soul needs.  They went on a booze cruise in an episode I watched recently, and I honestly teared up.  I wish this place was some place sunny and warm with a big giant pool and all these morons would run around in swimsuits and just let me soak it all in.  It's the wrong time for a bunker season (not blaming MTV, how the heck could they have known?  I'd rather have a bunker season than no season, but damn, could the timing have been worse?

Watching again because it’s on before last night’s ep I was not able to DVR and I’m annoyed with Jordan and Tori all over again.

Jordan - “*We* won her that final...”

Build a bridge and get ALL the fuck over yourselves.  Tori didn’t even FINISH.  Also are you saying you are better than CT and Rogan?  Fuck outta here.

• Love 5