Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

My older brother, who has spent most of my life either abusing me or ignoring me, decided this year that since our father’s death in 2019 and the COVID-19 situation, he ought to be...oh, I don’t know...brotherly?  He paid me to make him masks...overpaid me, in fact.  When I told him I didn’t want to get out to the PO (between severe arthritis and the pandemic, the idea is less than appealing), he ordered me a printer, paper, and extra ink.  He also sent me money for Christmas, a very generous amount.

Part of me resents it, because I know it’s more about him making himself feel magnanimous than about me in any way.   But what the hell...I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth!  So it’s awkward, but I’m just going to take the money and run.  All bets are off in 2020.

I like your attitude, it's healthy!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

My passport renewal was sent in October 2, still don’t have it back. Good thing I don’t have plans to travel out of the US. 

I renewed mine last year, and I forgot (this is only my first renewal) that they return the expired one, but they send that by regular snail mail.   The new passport arrived pretty quickly once they sent it, but it was at least a week for the expired one to show up.  

So Jovi's wallet is about to be trashed by Miss High Maintenance isn't it? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

My sister told me I could only spend $25 on gifts for her, my brother in law, and my furry nephew. I'm still looking for a job and it's been tough with a bad economy and Covid.

In my gift from them, she got the usual Taz and Grinch ornaments. 

One of my gifts was a pair of earrings she ordered for herself and didn't like, so maybe I might like them.

She also returned two of the gift cards I gave her last year saying she didn't use them at all. Uh, keep them. You can give me the same gift card but not tell me.

She also enclosed a gift card so I can get a takeout meal for my upcoming birthday later this week. I don't feel like takeout so it won't happen this week. 

And then she enclosed two cheques - one apparently to pay for the new tires for my car and another to spend as I wish - i.e. put it toward food and such.

I spent most of the day crying, feeling it very hurtful. I know some is the Covid isolation. But, just get me a perfume rollerball and treat me like a normal person instead of what I felt was a failure. She hasn't called, I haven't called her.

Sorry about this. Happy birthday! 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Another vacation hookup. These have always ended so well...

At least they dated for three years after the initial vacation? That's one positive, I guess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Oh God the Martones...because we Italian Americans need more stereotypical representation on reality TV...

wouldnt Customs/Immigration notice the French chick’s passport showed Europe then Mexico?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8