Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, tanyak said:

Plus her final conversation with Jordan (how did that character not get a last name?)

Well, her sister was Eve Howard, don't know if that was a married or maiden name. Eve's son, Cole, goes by Howard so maybe father's name.

I also love March Madness, so don't mind the show being off a couple of days for it.  

Edited to add:  According to The Young and the Restless Wiki page, Howard is Eve and Jordan's last name.  Cole was fathered by Eve's lover, Marvin Oakley, but was given Eve's last name of Howard.

Edited by Kimboweena
Found more info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
32 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:

Well, her sister was Eve Howard, don't know if that was a married or maiden name. Eve's son, Cole, goes by Howard so maybe father's name.

I also love March Madness, so don't mind the show being off a couple of days for it.  

Edited to add:  According to The Young and the Restless Wiki page, Howard is Eve and Jordan's last name.  Cole was fathered by Eve's lover, Marvin Oakley, but was given Eve's last name of Howard.

Thanks for that. I'm trying to remember if anyone ever said "Jordan Howard." The constant references to "Jordan" or even "that Jordan woman" always seemed odd, especially since folks keep saying "Eve Howard." 

• Like 9

Since there was no show on Thurs or Fri, I am going to take this opportunity to air a petty grievance of mine.

I think Devon's  name is spelled incorrectly and should be spelled as Devonne.   I live near a town in Pennsylvania named Devon and and have heard of other people with the name and it is pronounced as rhyming with Heaven.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, surfgirl said:

When dies March Madness end?

Not soon enough!

2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I think Devon's  name is spelled incorrectly and should be spelled as Devonne.   I live near a town in Pennsylvania named Devon and and have heard of other people with the name and it is pronounced as rhyming with Heaven.

Devon’s name is pronounced De Von with the emphasis on the second syllable. Deven or Devin would be pronounced like Heaven.

• Like 5
(edited)

Just looked up and listened to several sources on the pronunciation of Devon and it is as I said. And Devonne can be pronounced (approx) DEHVAAN

Its not earth shattering or anything but living in this area for 40+ years it bugs me to hear it pronounced the way they do on the show

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, tanyak said:

Thanks for that. I'm trying to remember if anyone ever said "Jordan Howard." The constant references to "Jordan" or even "that Jordan woman" always seemed odd, especially since folks keep saying "Eve Howard." 

I think they do that to differentiate from baby Eve.

Jordan is an odd name choice for a 60-70ish woman, anyway. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I would imagine the inconsistencies, in Eve’s/Claire’s dream, is due to incomplete information she got from Auntie Jordan. About her disdain for Adam, I believe that was bias fed to her by Victoria.  Eve/Claire had to know that her real name was Eve Howard but she accepted Auntie Jordan’s made up name of Claire Grace.  

Now that Eve/Claire is alive and well and Eve is her legal name, will the moneys with a keyboard now call her Eve instead of Claire?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

@MsMalin...about Pennsylvania pronunciation...Imagine my chagrin when I was in Versailles, PA and pronounced it Vare-sigh. Immediately was "corrected" by locals to the "proper" Ver-say-leees.      😵 

• LOL 9
19 hours ago, surfgirl said:

So we have no shows even on later in the day replay right now, correct? When dies March Madness end?

There was a Canadian show Friday so it will be back Monday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Peppermint said:

@MsMalin...about Pennsylvania pronunciation...Imagine my chagrin when I was in Versailles, PA and pronounced it Vare-sigh. Immediately was "corrected" by locals to the "proper" Ver-say-leees.      😵 

If you ever visit Pekin, Illinois, don't expect fine Chinese food, either.  It is a scenic drive from there to Cairo, Illinois, though the pyramids seem to be missing.

And JFK never said Ich bin ein Berliner in Berlin, Wisconsin.

Since there's an East Peru, Iowa, shouldn't there be a West Peru, too?

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Just looked up and listened to several sources on the pronunciation of Devon and it is as I said. And Devonne can be pronounced (approx) DEHVAAN

Its not earth shattering or anything but living in this area for 40+ years it bugs me to hear it pronounced the way they do on the show

Girl, I get it. The Devon Horse Show, right? It's Deh-vin. Ditto Devon England. That said, I'd propose the MET, formerly known as Josh, should just change his name to Doucheon, fir obvious reasons.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

You should here how people go ballistic over the pronunciation of Lancaster. 

Of course the area I live in pronounces water as wooder  and coffee as cawfee.

In my profession before I retired I talked to people all over the US (and the world). Nobody would get angrier than the people from Nevada when you said Nev-ah-dah  rather than Nev-add-ah 

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I can always tell PA people by the way they say “Lancaster”. Grew up there…funny the things that stick with you. Of course my pronunciation always gives me away too.  Yup..still say  gotta get a drink of wooder, too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, MsMalin said:

To be honest, I usually pronounce "Devon" as "you pompous ass" when I'm watching the show.  My pronounciations of "Victor" and "Nick" and "Phyllis" are along similar lines.  ButtBiscuit gets off easy.

• Fire 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Since there was no show on Thurs or Fri, I am going to take this opportunity to air a petty grievance of mine.

Couldn't help myself! 

Grievances.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just saw that the part of Hairyson has been slightly SORASed  and recast. If they are bothering to do that I assume his storyline is going to be more front and center. And I'm also assuming Murderer In Training will be his nanny

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I can take or leave March Madness but with that said, for me it was something to get more upset about when soaps were good or even just midly decent. Nowadays? To be completely honest....it's refreshing to be able to take 2 day break from awful, contrived writing without falling behind nearly a week on episodes.

Found this on twitter(still a cesspool but this was funny) and to think it was posted before her dream episode lol

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

Murderer In Training

Lol, that's for sure. Grandma Nikki will take Claire under her wing. She'll teach her new granddaughter how to kill people and pretty much get away with it, because Newman. Nikki the Newman Family Enforcer has to retire eventually and then Claire can step into the position. 🤠

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2024 at 5:32 PM, MsMalin said:

I wish they would do a stand alone week regarding What If Victor Had Never Been Born.

Victoria's father would be Kevin Bancroft, Nick's would be Jack Abbott, Abby's would be a crew member on Ashley's cruise ship, and Adam would be an outsider. Poor Adam is an outsider either way.

They did a Christmas Carol version of Victor's life several years ago, but it was sappy and he was still alive at the end.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Anybody else out there thrilled with the concept of Danny and Cricket being out of town for months?  Thought so.

Could have done without that “seduction”(?) scene. Makes me wonder if the Danny actor has ever actually seduced somebody in real life.

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

I don't like Michelle Stafford's acting but how humiliating is that - your character reduced to trying to listen thru doors while your nemesis and her creaky Lothario have some morning fun and then pulling the fire alarm? The whole episode was cringe.

• Like 17
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Could have done without that “seduction”(?) scene. Makes me wonder if the Danny actor has ever actually seduced somebody in real life.

giphy.gif

What makes you think that?

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Nothing bonds a family like almost killing someone. 😳

daniel, YOU may not have intended to hurt Lily, but Heather would have gladly stepped right over her to get to you. She pretty much did just that, on absentia. I’m surprised (and a bit disappointed) that Lily didn’t accidentally on purpose spill her coffee all over the bitch. 

chrisitne in a mini skirt…is she 16? I mean she’s got a killer body but geez. I did kind of like that she didn’t take Phyllis’ bait and instead just walked away when she got the text from Danny. But I can’t for the life of me understand what she sees in that man. And his whole ‘the real rock n roll experience is going coach and staying in flea bag motels’ was beyond stupid. If he’s as big a star as he’s supposed to be, he hasn’t done either of those things in forever. I hope there are cameras in the GCAC halls.  Pretty sure pulling a fire alarm when there’s no fire is a crime. Even in GC.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 3/23/2024 at 9:26 AM, MsMalin said:

I live near a town in Pennsylvania named Devon and and have heard of other people with the name and it is pronounced as rhyming with Heaven.

Just a case of Potaito-Potahto, Tomaito-Tomahto.

4 hours ago, tessaray said:

creaky Lothario

Perfect description.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Makes me wonder if the Danny actor has ever actually seduced somebody in real life.

He's married to the daughter of James Best who played Roscoe P. Coltrain on The Dukes of Hazzard. Maybe he's better than Roscoe. 

• Angry 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)

Nikki slept in the guest room and locked Victor out. Wow. And Victor and his manly man ego were hella pissed. Whee!

Heather, what part of "Leave me alone!" did you not understand? Geez, the freaking arrogance of this chick. Heather was basically rubbing Lily's nose in Daniel's betrayal and her victory in "stealing" him back.

Why are Christine and Danny still here? Christine doesn't have a job keeping her in GC so I don't get what the hold up is. How can we miss them (🙄) if they won't leave already!

Interesting trench coat on Phyllis today. Maybe a size too large? Meanwhile, Christine was showing a lot of leg in her mini pencil skirt. She did quite a strut as she walked away from Phyllis in the dining room.

Oh, okay, Nikki did call 9-1-1 for allegedly poisoned Jordan instead of just letting her die in that basement cell. Ehh.

Daniel out here trying to act brand new. Boy, on what planet would you not expect to get fired? The woman you literally f*cked over is your boss and her brother owns half the company that pays your salary.

Lily went in and set the place on fire, baby! It wasn't Dru-level nasty but it delivered Lily's type of "seriously?" message. Heather, if you had any sense you would've given Lily a wide berth.

I'm not inclined to feel sorry for Phyllis but I didn't enjoy watching her act so pathetic. Eavesdropping at the door while Chris and Danny were getting busy in his room. Why?

Good grief, I don't think Heather and Daniel can share even one working brain cell between them. AFAIC they both need to STFU about how bad Lily should feel.

Lily was already backing away from going nuclear on Heather and Daniel. Sigh. If Heather is such a great attorney she can easily find another job. And if Daniel is such a creative genius he can develop another gaming company. Tell them to hit the bricks, Lily!

Look, JG, we got it. You're setting Jordan up to be YR's recurring villain like whatsherface over on B&B. We really didn't need to watch Nikki and Victor spend half an episode arguing about her. Of course Victor will be proven right wrt Jordan.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
proofreading, how does it work?
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

James Best

James Best was a favorite actor of mine - he was a first cousin, on his mother's side, of the Everly Brothers (Don and Phil), and acted in The Killer Shrews (1959), which is one of the cheesiest horror pictures ever produced, but he still gave the role his best, and played a closeted gay character in Ode to Billy Joe (1976), an inventive take on the song by Bobby Gentry which was directed by Max Baer, Jr. who played Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eavesdropping at the door while Chris and Danny were getting busy in his room. Why?

It is sad to see a character who is old enough for AARP membership behave like a love-crazed 18-year-old.

• Like 9
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

James Best was also very good in a few episodes of Twilight Zone (one was about a witch and a love spell, scared me a lot as a kid--was written by Earl Hamner of the Waltons fame) and some episodes of Andy Griffith.  He was sort of a go-to actor when a young southern fellow was needed on the old shows. 

I was also cringing at the Phyllis scenes.  Is JG gonna put her back with Nick as a consolation (booby) prize??

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 3/23/2024 at 9:26 AM, MsMalin said:

I think Devon's  name is spelled incorrectly and should be spelled as Devonne. 

Or it could be spelled DeVon, because that's how it's pronounced.

10 minutes ago, Tippi said:

James Best was also very good in a few episodes of Twilight Zone

What was the one where everyone's assembled at the church for his character's funeral and he sits up out of the coffin, still alive.

• Like 5
On 3/23/2024 at 3:39 PM, Peppermint said:

Imagine my chagrin when I was in Versailles, PA and pronounced it Vare-sigh. Immediately was "corrected" by locals to the "proper" Ver-say-leees.

I live in Massachusetts, where there is a city named Quincy, the customary pronunciation of which is "Quinzy," while the village of Quincy in Ohio is pronounced as it's spelled.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

whatsherface over on B&B.

Didn't Princess Steffi kill her off?

• Like 4
  • Wink 1

Devon, you’re a hypocritical penis dead.  Who the fuck are you to talk to Daniel about a relationship with Lily or anyone else since the way you treated Amanda and Elena in the past.  

BlueFang🕷️ is like herpes which always shows up at the most inopportune moments.  Christine, first class?  I thought she would only be pulling Danny’s leg but she was serious. 

And the beat goes on. Auntie Jordan is still alive and kicking and in all probability was channeling her inner BlueFang🕷️. Auntie Jordan bought the toxin from “Miracle Max” so now she can raid the castle or should I say reek more havoc on the Newmans. 

BlueFang🕷️ trips the fire alarm and leaves a spot of blood on the handle. Do you think that the GCPD will even investigate the false alarm let alone find out it was BlueFang🕷️who pulled the alarm?  Fat chance!  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, tessaray said:

Lothario have some morning fun and then pulling the fire alarm? The whole episode was cringe.

Wait. WHAT? I missed that totally.  But that's so Bluetooth {who has reformed or she would have actually set the place on fire}.

I agree, this epi was indeed cringe worthy except Lilli who was on fire {also she had a great hair cut}.

Devon, get off your fucking high horse. Who are YOU, of all people, getting all high and mighty about Daniel/Lilli/Heather?  Does the name Chancesome still sound familiar, you lying, cheating scumbag.

So  Jordan still lives? Selfless Vikki called the emts and Victer gets all huffy.  Dude, do you want to get your wife in a lot of hot water just because she didn't consult you. GTFOH. 

Danny being seductive?  Kinda of an oxymoron, no?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

if Daniel is such a creative genius he can develop another gaming company.

Did Chancellor-Winters merge with Daniel's company, or did they acquire it - if it was a merger, then Daniel would have to be bought out of his share in the company; but if it was an acquisition, they can give him his walking papers - - either way, what would happen to Phyllis if Daniel got the boot?

• Like 1
  • Useful 11

Just had a quick thought.  If Bluetooth pulled the alarm:  isn't that illegal and wouldn't the AC have cameras in the hallway and ISN'T IT LILLEGAL to do so?  Wouldn't this violate her probation and send her to prison for a while?

Yeah, and I want a pony.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 7

I really wanted Lily to lay Heather out in lavender on today's show, and how wonderful if she'd thrown in an "Eat shit and die, you M----r F----r" for Daniel as she passed him on her way out - - but she really did get in a zinger with Heather when she said - I paraphrase - "You saw that he was the man you wanted him to be and you went for him."

21 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Yeah, and I want a pony.

A pony and Phyllis behind bars - we can always dream, can't we?

25 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Leominster.........Lemstir.......

Some pronounce it LEO-minster, but her in Massachusetts, we pronounce it Leminster.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Devon, you’re a hypocritical penis dead

32 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Devon, get off your fucking high horse.

A while back, I started calling him "Dicky Devon."  If it were to catch on here, we could just call him DD. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
On 3/24/2024 at 7:32 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

She'll teach her new granddaughter how to kill people and pretty much get away with it, because Newman.

The whole thing about Claire being happy to get to know her family, the Newmans - what about her father?

• Like 5
  • Useful 5

So, DeVon says Heather is Lucy's mother.  Wrong, Heather is Lucy's father's longtime girlfriend whom he can't marry because his marriage to Lucy's mother, the long-lost Daisy Carter, was never dissolved, although it seems like Daisy's been untraceable long enough for Daniel to be able to have her legally declared dead, leaving him free to marry Heather - so why hasn't he?

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

So, DeVon says Heather is Lucy's mother.  Wrong, Heather is Lucy's father's longtime girlfriend whom he can't marry because his marriage to Lucy's mother, the long-lost Daisy Carter, was never dissolved, although it seems like Daisy's been untraceable long enough for Daniel to be able to have her legally declared dead, leaving him free to marry Heather - so why hasn't he?

My head just exploded.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 5

Were Heather and Daniel still too under the influence of their post coital glow to appreciate that (if they had the slightest sense of decency and propriety) they would have tendered their resignations at CW? "Don't want to hurt Lily," would include them appreciating that flashing their lying gobs in front of Lily  everyday at work would also be hurtful. No, these entitled twats expect that in addition to dealing with their betrayal, Lily should decide about the continuation of their employment too. That's calling adding insult to injury, IMO. If the police know who made the 911 call, why has not one Newman been busted yet for obstruction of justice, for Jordan being locked in that cell while Victor reveled in another one of his sadistic revenge fantasies?

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

Did Chancellor-Winters merge with Daniel's company, or did they acquire it - if it was a merger, then Daniel would have to be bought out of his share in the company; but if it was an acquisition, they can give him his walking papers - - either way, what would happen to Phyllis if Daniel got the boot?

They acquired the rights to the game. Daniel signed a contract. It was never a company, just a product. I believe CW gave Daniel the green light to hire a staff to continue development.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Devon, get off your fucking high horse. Who are YOU, of all people, getting all high and mighty about Daniel/Lilli/Heather?  Does the name Chancesome still sound familiar, you lying, cheating scumbag.

I'm willing to give Devon mostly a pass on this one. He wasn't admonishing Daniel for cheating on Lily with Heather, he was telling Daniel to leave Lily alone now that he has what he supposedly wants with Heather and Lucy.

Yeah, Lily is a growna$$ woman who can take care of herself but sentimentality may be a weakness of hers. IMO Daniel would not be above trying to return to Lily if he and Heather break up yet again.

I think Devon was doing his brotherly thing and warning Daniel against doing that and basically disregarding the way he hurt and betrayed Lily. Devon surely understands the whole "wanting my family to be together" excuse since that's what he and Abby did after they had Dominic.

Now, regarding people supposedly spelling and pronouncing their own names wrong, yeah no, that's not a thing in the US. In this country people can spell or pronounce their own names however they want. If they don't like the name they were given at birth, there are legal ways they can change it. No one in GC seems to have a problem with Devon's name or how he pronounces it. and he seems to be fine with it too.

Meanwhile, why does Traci's name not end in a "y"? Why is Nikki's name spelled with two "k"'s instead of a "ck"? Why does Victor have a German accent when he's not German? I'll take "Things to Make My Brain Hurt" for $500, Alex.☺️

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 3/20/2024 at 8:33 AM, Kemper said:

Too bad you're not writing this show.  Then maybe Victor could walk out of the shower (a la Bobby Ewing) and we learn the last year (at least) has all been a dream.  

Or do the Five Years Later thing, which I have actively wanted for about twenty years. Don’t even try figuring out the math of that.

Hmmm. I went down a rabbit hole with the mention of Michael Damian being married to James Best’s daughter. Whoa. I think there is some kind of Calvin and Hobbs transmorgifyer machine at YR because it led me to MD’s insta and cool, he is rather hot hunky in real life. Also very busy musically. And with films. And being all over France traveling. 
I have the just released Irish Wish (might be more words in title) with Lindsey Lohan on my Netflix list to watch and guess who has a song on it? Michael Damian. The movie is supposed to be pretty good.

Seriously, he looks good in real life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2