Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Waiting with bated breath for the sunny day when Nanny Claire takes Harry to the park and escaped Jordon kidnaps them both. Or maybe just little cuz, to show Claire how revengeful Victor can be when someone allows harm to befall a member of his FAMBLY !!

Crappy way to depict OCD today. Lets just "talk" about Connor from now on, not make him do those dreadful scenes. 

Sally and Audra...finally they get together...fun times ahead in GC.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Why doesnt Tucker find a new hangout if he wants to avoid Ashley?  And would a rich youngish guy hang out at a place like that with a piano player playing 40s muzak?

Trevor is in his early 50's -- & with his sunken eyes & dark circles, he looks every second of it.  I wouldn't consider him youngish anymore & he certainly doesn't look it.  I thought maybe Tuck isn't supposed to be that age, but given 30-ish Devon is his son, & Bizarro-Ashley mocked Audra for having "daddy" issues, I'd say Tuck's (and Trevor's) days of being described as youngish are past.

Anyone notice how Tuck and Bizarro-Ashley and so many other GC'ers drink sooooo darn much, don't they?  And they drink alone.  Hmmmm.

When Sally said to A-hole Adam she doesn't have many (or any) friends, I thought, does Tuck have any friends?  Or Audra?  Or Bizarro-Ashley?

Btw, was Audra packing or unpacking?  And just where is she gonna go?  Big talk, hun, but your ops have dried up if ya ditch Tuck!  Better keep those black pumps with the 4 inch heels & your backless (& frontless?) outfits at the ready, girl, cuz you gotta compete with Bizarro-Ashley!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Is show no longer writing for:  Adam, Kyle, Diane, Sharon and Tucker?

Speaking of Sharon, the actress who plays the adult version of Faith was on last night's S.W.A.T. episode with its star, Shemar Moore (ex Malcolm Winters ). She played a prison escapee and was wild! She was cussing and stealing cars and shooting at the cops. It was hilarious. Sharon and Nick would be so embarrassed if their precious Faith broke bad like that, lol.

So any bets when Kyle is gonna marry Claire? 

Yep, I'm wondering who'll rush to the altar first, Claire & Kyle or Summer & Chance. Sally & Adam would be my dark horse bet.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

OR--Claire is really playing the Newmans and kidnaps the kid!

I don't think the Newmans care about Harrison because he is not Newman blood let alone "pure" Newman. Abby and Adam have always been second-class Newmans and Dylan McAvoy third-class. They won't care about Little Lord Fountleroy. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Claire will be his new Nanny

How is Michael going to swing this?  She's still a criminal and her release from the hospital has many conditions attached to it.  (i.e. her phone is monitored)  How is she going to nanny the hair child if she is pretty much on house arrest?  Is she going to pick him up after school and take him to all his fun activities or is Victoria going to chauffeur them around?

14 hours ago, MsMalin said:

No more awkward than all of the ex lovers working together and living in the Unathletic Club.

In the same Revolving Door room!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, boes said:

Did Lil' Hausenpheffer just give away Josh Griffin's next big storyline?

With the way parents ignore their kids in GC, I have long been expecting a storyline where Christian, Dom or Lil' Hausenpheffer go missing, but nobody notices for a week or two, with all the parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents assuming that he is with one of the others.  We will really need Chance and his whiteboard to keep track of who last saw the kiddo when and where. With Devon, Billy, Nate, Mamie & Lily arguing while filling their one-room office, they won't even miss their latest hire.

Edited by Denize
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 3/13/2024 at 10:09 PM, Peppermint said:

Banning all Hunters from my Soaps, Tylo & King, please.

Phyllis gives us a really good drunk. Less over-the-top as inebriated than her usual persona. She and Nick were fun together this week.

The point in leaving Jordan behind a flimsy door and not notifying the the GC police was...Oh, yeah, there are no more GC police, and the former one was busy diddling Nick's daughter. This leaves hope for more scenes with CZ..Hurrah !!

The writer JG is so lacking in creativity, that one day when Victor and Nick go to check on Auntie J, all they'll find is one of the fingers or toes that she self-amputated getting out of that cell. And BTW, did Victor have to make Nick his accomplice in not turning Jordan over to the authorities? Doesn't he pay his security enough for them to assist him with all his law-breaking tasks?

• Like 9
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

was Audra packing or unpacking?

She was unpacking - - and does Tucker have a home of his own, because he seems to be living in Audra's single w/bath at GCAC.

1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Doesn't he pay his security enough for them to assist him with all his law-breaking tasks?

A professional security team wouldn't go along with Victor's hi-jinks.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

It occurred to me while watching yesterday's episode that every time someone's going up to a suite at the GCAC, it's on the right, so I made note of Audra's suite #, it's 567, to check it against Sally's suite #, because I wouldn't put it past the powers-that-be at Y&R to not have the smarts to give her a different suite #.

• LOL 10
(edited)

How is Michael going to swing this?  She's still a criminal and her release from the hospital has many conditions attached to it.  (i.e. her phone is monitored)  How is she going to nanny the hair child if she is pretty much on house arrest?  Is she going to pick him up after school and take him to all his fun activities or is Victoria going to chauffeur them around?

It'll probably be out of Michael's hands. Claire will get special dispensation because Kyle and Summer will go directly to a judge to vouch for her. An Abbott and a Newman united for a child's benefit cannot be denied in GC. But maybe Claire will have to wear an ankle monitor, ha ha.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I get that it's a soap thing to do tight close-ups, but I give MS & ED credit, they look great for their ages (almost 60 & over 60, respectively) -- they both look good even in the tightest close-ups. 

Can't say the same for the men their age.  Trevor/Tuck looks lousy in close-ups.  And when they pull in tight to Danny?  Sorry, but I always go -- EEK!  Oh, MD, what happened?

Sally is a dope, but then again she chooses to be around A-hole Adam.  Let's see what a friendship with slinky Audra will get her . . .

Did Claire ever get an answer when she asked if Vic was going to let Jordie go?  Guess it's perfectly legal for Vic & Nick to be kidnappers?  Ok then, great writing.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 3:53 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Anyone notice how Tuck and Bizarro-Ashley and so many other GC'ers drink sooooo darn much, don't they?  And they drink alone.  Hmmmm.

Just heard this yesterday, it's good!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=george thorogood i drink alone videos&FORM=VIRE0&mid=30531E23BFE54E28BD2630531E23BFE54E28BD26&view=detail&ru=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dgeorge thorogood i drink alone

Edited by Kimboweena
The link is important.
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Did Claire ever get an answer when she asked if Vic was going to let Jordie go? 

Any old-timers here reminded of the time Victor kept first wife Julia's lover in his basement?  Wonder if he's feeding Jordan rats. 😀

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, Js Nana said:

It occurred to me while watching yesterday's episode that every time someone's going up to a suite at the GCAC, it's on the right, so I made note of Audra's suite #, it's 567, to check it against Sally's suite #, because I wouldn't put it past the powers-that-be at Y&R to not have the smarts to give her a different suite #.

To me it looks like the suite is to the left at the top of the stairs, and across from the old elevators (the stairs do turn right half way up to the 1st floor).  I haven't paid close attention to the room numbers lately, but in the past they did change them (I've seen 4th, 5th, 7th).  The thing that gets me is that nobody is out of breath after hiking up all those stairs in their stilettos, and nobody takes the elevator (unless they take it to the floor below and only walk up one flight, fresh as a daisy, which might explain how they ascend so many floors nearly instantaneously).

Edited by Denize
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 3/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, Waldo13 said:

Claire and Harrison would bond and she will become Harrison’s nanny.  

I think Claire needs to go out in the world and make friends with people her own age.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Js Nana said:

This has been my ongoing OCD moment since they all moved from the same room in the Gargantuan Phoenix to the GCAC.  The set decorator is pretty good for this room-the lamps are changed out and the suite numbers (when you can see them) are right.  However, the potted palm (my nomination for Best Inanimate Object) is always there and those damn gold platters are outside every door.

41 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I think Claire needs to go out in the world and make friends with people her own age.

Which makes me wonder.  Didn't Jordan send her to school?  Claire would have friends there.  I can't believe Jordan wouldn't let her have any interaction with other people at all.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Lol at the show on claiming Sally/Adam as a once in a lifetime love/fate etc. They're like "Please ignore the year we pushed Nick/Sally, down your throats! And peddled them as the end all be all!" "Please ignore that interview that CH did saying Nick/Sally should have an unshakable bond" "Lol our bad" 🤓

Even if we ignored canon, MG & CH broke up IRL & the chemistry has evaporated. Now for me, it dissipated last year, a bit before or maybe after Sally's miscarriage. Today, I just think it's hard to miss the lack of chemistry they have compared to two years ago. It feels forced, not Nick/Sally levels of forced but it's up there.

Also, there is no way Tucker is Audra's great love. And on Ally's worse day shouldn't be compared to it. I know TSJ & ZS work well off each other but it's beginning to drag. Especially since JG couldn't decide if Audra was using him or not. I kinda wish she was. Tucker is suffering from the writing, and it's really starting to show. Now it's getting hard to care about him one way or the other. Audra would be better off without him, and I say this as someone who's pretty meh on her at best. 

I will admit I'm intrigued by Sally/Audra friendship. I wonder if Audra will ever go after Adam now that she's befriended Sally? They don't seem to like one another (please god let it stay that way) so hopefully not. But it would very soapy for Audra to ruin the only friendship she has, by betraying her friend down the line. 

Heather is really planning on showing her face around CW like nothing is wrong? And then her & Daniel are gonna put the onus on Lily to be "the bigger person" and not make things awkward(because sure this is all her fault) yeah hell no.....where's that lunatic Daisy? She's got some work to do. And by work, I mean terrorizing Daniel & Heather. Fuck those people. 

Hell no to Kyle & Claire. That might actually be the worse pairing idea yet....they have negative chemistry. Of all the Abbott/Newman pairings  this one is the biggest dud. I don't think Claire is a catch at this time in her life, but whatever good qualities she might have are still too good for Kyle. I do think her being Harrison's nanny is cool. Not cool because her quickie, convenient redemption arc makes logical or legal sense. But cool because they're both cut from the same unnecessary, rectonned soap kid cloth. I look forward to fast forwarding them both! 

Ashley's rectonned alter ego has yet to have a name but I nominate the naming her Accurate for the way she described Abby. 😁 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Is there such a thing as Soap Opera Rapid Trauma Adjustment (SORTA)? How can Claire be "well" after a lifetime of being brainwashed, while Conner's OCD has him still tugging on his hoodie strings? I am sorry, but if Claire becomes Hairyson's nanny, I will be noping out on watching it. It was one thing for me to hear abstractly about Claire's dysfunctional upbringing. To watch a vulnerable child put in the care of a woman whom I perceive as still profoundly mentally ill, will be triggering to me, and IMO, I suspect for a lot of other viewers as well.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Does "Claire" ever become animated?  Not laughing/having a good time animated; but moving her face animated.  Showing facial expressions animated.  I know her character is written sort-of that way; but if "writers" are thinking of a love interest for her?  Let's put a pin in that for awhile.

It seems like just about every day has become Groundhog Day.  Same actors are are given an actual story. The rest of the cast, the entire cast, merely spins in their orbit. Everyday - same scenery/living quarters, etc. No male is permitted to be strong and manly except Victor and Nick.  (not successful, by the way)...is it just me?

Edited by Kemper
grammar
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

It seems like just about every day has become Groundhog Day.  Same actors are are given an actual story. The rest of the cast, the entire cast, merely spins in their orbit. Everyday - same scenery/living quarters, etc. No male is permitted to be strong and manly except Victor and Nick.  (not successful, by the way)...is it just me?

It's not just you.  That's why it's become so hard to post about the episodes.  Every episode is so similar to the others, just the same discussion/argument/whatever every damn day.  

Even the asshole characters like ButtBiscuit and Phyllis and Victor and Nick are doing reruns.

• Like 10
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, MollyB said:

I can't believe Jordan wouldn't let her have any interaction with other people at all.

If I'm remembering past episodes correctly, Auntie Jordan controlled Claire's access to other people.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Is there such a thing as Soap Opera Rapid Trauma Adjustment (SORTA)?

Yes, there is - it's right up there with Soap opera rapid aging syndrome (SORAS), divorces that are filed one day and finalized a week later and transitioning from one romantic partner to another in 10 seconds flat.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I wish someone at CBS had the courage to burn that black leather jacket.  I know that whenever that appears, it's Benny Hill level of slapstick in store.

• LOL 9

Love how Connor’s therapy session becomes a conversation among the adults, completely leaving him out. Until it’s time to say ‘we want to put you in a group home.’ Then they involve him, but only because they’ve already decided and are trying to convince him. At least Adam is putting the brakes on and saying they’ll discuss it as a family and make a decision. I mean, is there any reason the kid can’t just go home and get help there while living with one of his parents? 

Of course Kyle wants to hire Claire without knowing anything about her besides she’s Victoria’s daughter. That’s good enough for him! At least Summer is using the two brain cells she has to do some research.

ashley or whoever she is, is not particularly subtle. pretty sure JG wrote Vicki’s DID on OLTL so he should know how it works. Your alters shouldn’t be throwing up big red flags every time they interact with someone. OTOH, the sooner this thing ends, the better.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Apparently the Newman's don't believe in the criminal justice system.

They take the law into their own hands and not one of them seems to think they are not above the law. Aren't they obstructing the n police search? They are meting out their own punishment. They all really sicken me, Nikki and Victor most of all.

They literally commit murder and bury the truth because they are above everyone else and trials are not their thing.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Wait, wait, wait…the new story they are selling us is Claire has been looking for her birth parents for years and was determined to find them like a normal adoptee and not that she was brainwashed my an insane person determined to kill them? 

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Meh, Connor. If I saw a kid doing what he was with his hoodie strings I'd think more that he was on the spectrum than he had OCD. Connor's behavior doesn't seem genuine to me.

Claire was coming across a bit overeager with Harrison, and Summer was less than impressed. Kyle was rather chill about it though. Hmm.

From a distance, I think Dr. Alcott (of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois) could be Ashley's body double.

Of course Billy picked up on Ashley's alternate personality right away, even if he didn't quite figure out the mental illness part. But gosh, he's so darned insightful.  🙄🙄🙄

Oy, Nikki is the one who maybe needs psychological help. IMO confronting Jordan in that makeshift prison cell sounds like a spectacularly bad idea. Jordan is too wily.

Adam not being able to understand what a chronic condition is didn't make sense to me. Given who his daddy is, he should understand how some aspects of who people are can't be changed or removed, but only managed.

And then Ashley's mousy and persnickety alter took over. Good job, Billy. You triggered your sis into shifting personalities.

OMG, I cannot with Nikki's boots. Are those mukluks? Someone must've forgotten to pay the heat bill at the ranch because otherwise I don't understand why she was wearing them inside the house.

Whatever, Connor. AFAIC your mommy and daddy should ship you off to a boarding school in Siberia. You're a spoiled brat who wants the world to revolve around you. 😈

Wow, Chelsea, way to make Connor's issues a challenge you have to top by forefronting your own longstanding emotional problems. Can't have your kid stealing the spotlight, right? 😒

Nikki. Four of you Newmans plus Cole have been no match for Jordan and have only been able to contain her finally by luck. She will never stop coming for you. Listen to Victor and stay away from that evil psycho!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5

Conner's problem, I'm sorry to say I zipped right thru.  Don't care.

Don't the Newmans realize they are ya know, GUILTY OF KIDNAPPING/FALSE RESTRAINT which is, as I believe, against the law?

Where the fuck is Diane?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I must commend the monkeys with a keyboard for doing actual research on OCD. The question I have is that Connor wanted to go to this school in the first place but now he’s not functioning at the school. What happened to Connor for him to change from a perceived “normal boy” to become OCD.  Could it be undue stress or environmental?  

I believe Claire relates to young children because she never really has a childhood and now realizes how much she misses the company of young children.  

is Ashley drinking ginger ale with a cherry in it through a straw her signature delusion self as we had Nostrils chewing gum?  

I don’t think that Nikki, Victoria, and Claire confronting Auntie Jordan is going to work out in a positive light. I’m glad security will be tagging along but I don’t think Victor’s security members are not the best. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Today's Show began sometime in the latter days of the nineteenth century or the first decade of the twentieth, apparently, since it began with Victor's wife, and then his daughter and granddaughter literally begging him to allow them to do something.  Something they presumably aren't allowed to do without the permission of their lord and master Papa Monster.

Ah yes, those golden days when Da Wimmens were confined to their corsets and kitchens and REAL MEN like Victor guided their widdle minds so they didn't hurt themselves.  If only Nikki had learned how to cook like a REAL woman she could have poisoned his controlling ass by now.

By the by, every time Victor sits himself down in his favorite chair in his throne room, I'm reminded of Poppie from Seinfeld....

It would explain so much.

So one of Ashley's alters is a preteen girl who wanted to get all jiggy with her "bro" ButtBiscuit?  She did everything but order a chocolate shake at Society and ask who ButtBiscuit was taking to the sock hop for the Big Dance.  In true ButtBiscuit behavior, in spite of recognizing that something was seriously off with sister Ashley, he tap danced his skinny ass outta there so he could go toss spit balls at Devon rather than help her.  Though, to be fair, getting help from ButtBiscuit would be like going to Jiffy Lube for your colonoscopy.  

The less said about Connor, Chelz and Adam and the OCD storyline, the better.  The less filmed and broadcast about said storyline, even better.  I, for one, will never be able to look at a hoodie the same way again.

I hope Nikki, Victoria and Claire swing by and pick up Lil'Hausenpheffer on their way to see Jordan, since it seems to me the kid is gonna be meeting her soon enough anyway.  The storyline signs aren't exactly subtle.

Show, sometimes you make me feel like 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

What happened to Connor for him to change from a perceived “normal boy” to become OCD.  Could it be undue stress or environmental?  

What is most surprising is that he is not catatonic with the family he was born into. I'd want to shut off the world if I were him.

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

is Ashley drinking ginger ale with a cherry in it through a straw her signature delusion self as we had Nostrils chewing gum?  

Is that a Shirley Temple? Maybe that is her alter name.

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Is that a Shirley Temple?

A Shirley Temple is ginger ale and grenadine with a squeeze of lemon or lime topped with a maraschino cherry - if I had grenadine, ginger ale, a lemon or a lime, maraschino cherries and drinking straws on hand, I'd make myself one right now.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

You know, I thought -- wow, Chelsea is really handling this Connor stuff pretty well.  She's being a good & supportive & caring & comforting mother.  I shoulda known better.  Cuz this is MCE -- who ALWAYS annoyed the piss outta me on AMC, for what felt like 800 years.  So yeah, MCE can only play a character who's whiny, thoughtless & cares about herself first, & if she has to care about someone else, she predictably falls apart.  Way to live up to my shitty expectation of you Chelsea/MCE!

That therapist was so cold & clinical & boring, I'd be pulling on my hoodie too.  And what was up with Chelsea & Adam talking about Connor right in front of him, but in a whisper?  Could they be so stupid & thoughtless to not realize he could hear them?  Oh what am I saying -- this is Chelsea & Adam.

So we've seen slutty Ashley & now teen Ashley.  What stupid stereotype are we gonna get for the next personality?  How about lesbian Ashley?  Maybe she can bring some life to Mariah's boring storyline.

Not to probe this too deeply, but I'm curious -- so did Tuck actually scream at Ashley & throw the chair over in the Paris cafe or was that the dream of one of Ashley's 8 million personalities?

Still not getting where they're going with the Jordie storyline.  You catch a crook, you call the police, the crook is arrested & the legal system takes over.  Ah, but that's not the way it is in Victor Newman's world, eh? 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Not to probe this too deeply, but I'm curious -- so did Tuck actually scream at Ashley & throw the chair over in the Paris cafe or was that the dream of one of Ashley's 8 million personalities?

He didn't throw a chair or break a glass, that was Ashley's memory enhancing what happened.  They did fight, a glass was knocked over and it was unpleasant, but not as obviously threatening as Ashley remembered.  

That was how the staff remembered it, a staff who Tracy interviewed and believed.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I can get why Connor is OCD, and making repetitive movements with his hoodies, it's  the only stable factor in his life that he or I can isolate. Chelsea blowing smoke about he's the "mostest" of the most, they're gonna get through this as a family, only to dispatch him off with Adam,  so she can have her breakdown du jour. Connor knows his Mom is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs. Then Adam with his foot in his mouth, "I know how you feel," which anyone would immediately know can't be true. Nikki going on about Auntie Jordan reminded me of exactly how Nikki used to "nose up" when she used talk to, and about Diane. Claire "of the flat affect" is IMO a device to make the actress either appear younger, or act out the impression that her lifelong brainwashing isn't  resolved enough, for any emotional reactions to kick in yet. The whole babysitting gig while she figures out what she wants to "do" for a career is ridiculous. Doesn't she need figure out who she wants to "be" first?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 3/17/2024 at 10:36 AM, Kimboweena said:

Any old-timers here reminded of the time Victor kept first wife Julia's lover in his basement?  Wonder if he's feeding Jordan rats. 😀

Sure do!  Show was riveting then!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Actor playing Connor is doing a great job fidgeting and fussing while he is conversing in his scenes.  

I guess everyone’s level of awareness of their OCD behaviours is different for everyone.  My 10 year old stepson had to touch things 3 times and did this with objects on a table and touching the strap on his hockey helmet while playing.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I guess everyone’s level of awareness of their OCD behaviours is different for everyone.

My guess is that a lot of us have what you might call a touch of OCD without it being at the level of ruling our lives.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

I know some folks find it boring, but I'm liking the Connor storyline. I agree the young actor is doing a nice job. I also understand Chelsea's freakout. And Chelsea and Adam disagreeing on how to handle it is also pretty common. While not close to the same thing, when our son was diagnosed with ADHD, our pediatrician told me that in his experience, moms asks for the advice and seem faster to move on treatment options (medicines, therapies) than dads, who think you can talk through anything and this issue will take care of itself. 

That said, I agree with a previous comment on the doctor. She's super clinical and while nice, doesn't seem to really have any emotion. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Show was riveting then!

But not so riveting when it's 30+ years later and they introduce the same storylines with the same characters because that audience attrition has added more newbies to the viewership.

Just now, Js Nana said:

because that audience attrition

Should be: "because they think that audience attrition"

• Like 5

One way to tell if Auntie Jordan really did take poison would be to hold her mouth and nostrils shut and see if she starts fighting to breathe -it also occurs to me that the Newman's will have a lot to answer for if they call in the cops right now, like how is it that Jordan ended up locked in a room in a basement and where did the poison come from, which leads me to believe that they'll let her die and then bury the body; of course they'll have to do something about that security guard standing guard outside the room, but that should be easy to figure out for a bunch like the Newmans.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, tanyak said:

agree with a previous comment on the doctor. She's super clinical and while nice, doesn't seem to really have any emotion. 

Which might be fine for the parents but she’s supposed to be helping a CHILD. I highly doubt she’s a child psychologist. 

I did have to laugh at Chelsea asking her how Connor can be in such pain and Chelsea not know it. Maybe because you sent the kid away to boarding school and barely gave him a second thought? If he was home, you’re more likely to have noticed the changes. You might not have thought much about it, but you would have seen it.  I understand Adam caving to Connor’s request to come home, and Chelsea is being unreasonable expecting the kid to make a decision right this very second, but Adam really should have at least given her a heads up about it. Lord knows they have the money to keep him home and ensure he gets the proper care. Maybe tell him they can try that first, but they’re not taking the residential program off the table. Sadly I’m pretty sure Billy is going to get involved now, which is only going to fuck things up more.

So Dummer now knows the whole truth about Claire. But until grandpire told her, she was all gung ho on hiring Claire to be hairyson’s nanny. Which begs the question, why would she hire her COUSIN ago work for her as a nanny? Wanting to work with children does not equate to being a babysitter. Maybe she wants to go back to school and become a therapist. Maybe she wants to be a teacher. I kind of think it’s beneath a Newman to work as a nanny. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Way to go Chelsea, making your son's therapy all about yourself.  Stellar mom.

Jordan is NOT poisoned. But the acting was soooo bad I wish she were!

--Slap me silly I  agreed with Dummer today.  I would NOT trust my child with someone whose background was still, too me at least, is a little murky.

And because it cannot be said often enough SHUT OP CHELSEA.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

One way to tell if Auntie Jordan really did take poison would be to hold her mouth and nostrils shut and see if she starts fighting to breathe -it also occurs to me that the Newman's will have a lot to answer for if they call in the cops right now, like how is it that Jordan ended up locked in a room in a basement and where did the poison come from, which leads me to believe that they'll let her die and then bury the body; of course they'll have to do something about that security guard standing guard outside the room, but that should be easy to figure out for a bunch like the Newmans.

Victoria & Nikki probably want to indoctrinate Claire in the Newman women's method of burying people they hate whether they are dead or alive, like JT.  Chancellor Park is probably refreshing their gardens for Spring & Summer right about now. The digging will be easy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)

Speaking of OCD, I am ready to wash my hands of this show. God was it was boring today.  Practically the entire episode talking about ocd. 😴

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

Nick’s eye roll when Summer asked why Claire wasn’t in prison was hilarious. She was actually pretty smart and cautious regarding welcoming Claire as a nanny. Good on you for firing up that one brain cell. 
I wonder where Jordan was storing that vial? And I’m predicting she has built up an immunity to the poison or she has an antidote.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2