Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Chelsea really seemed desperate for attention. Is Billy not worshipping her enough? Whatever, it was interesting to me how unconcerned Connor's psychologist was about Chelsea.

Those smug Newman women. AFAIC what they were doing, visiting Jordan in her makeshift dungeon to taunt her, was petty and unnecessary. Two wrongs don't make a right, ladies.

How much do I hope this is CZ's final tour de force as Jordan? THIS MUCH. She was killing today but the staging had a "Are you not entertained?!" vibe to me. This ain't the Roman coliseum, JG.

Victoria, Jordan may be a monster but she spoke a lot of truth. Claire could very well be a time bomb who will eventually wreak havoc on the Newmans from her trusted spot within the family. Time will tell.

I see what Chelsea was up to. She wanted the doctor to absolve her of any blame for Connor's mental troubles. Even if such a thing were possible, I'm not sure what it would accomplish beyond soothing Chelsea's ego.

Victor, you adult Newmans giving Claire the benefit of the doubt is one thing, but allowing her free rein to interact alone with children like Harrison is another. Maybe Grandpa Jack needs to have a little chat with Victor.

Oh well, Jordan unaliving herself would certainly tie up all the loose ends. But yeah, where did she have the vial of poison hidden? Seems to me Victor would've had her and the room searched for any thing that could be used as a weapon.

I hope sure Jordan is faking her death like Phyllis did. But geez, holy recycled plot point, Batman. 🙄

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Actor playing Connor is doing a great job fidgeting and fussing while he is conversing in his scenes.   

I agree the young actor is doing a great job portraying the OCD behaviors, I just don't think Connor has OCD. I suspect Connor's done a ton of research on the web and watched online videos so he could deftly imitate someone who has OCD. It's getting him a lot of attention from Chelsea and Adam, and he may successfully avoid being sent to yet another place away from them. Of course, I'm prepared for my suspicions to be completely wrong. Because this flipping show, amirite?

He didn't throw a chair or break a glass, that was Ashley's memory enhancing what happened.  They did fight, a glass was knocked over and it was unpleasant, but not as obviously threatening as Ashley remembered.  

What I don't get is how that triggered Ashley to splinter into multiple personalities. It would not have been the first time she's had a loud argument with someone, not even with Tucker. I think there must be something else that's happened to her which hasn't been revealed to the audience yet.

Re Shirley Temples, when I used to have them as a kid in a bar which served underaged people non-alcoholic drinks before the evening hours, they were made with 7-Up or Sprite. I had no idea until now they were supposed to have ginger ale. 🤔

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

So Harrison hasn’t been really happy since Kyle and Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ broke up. I guess Harrison is over his real mother, Tara, not being in his life.  

Technically Victor is guilty of kidnapping Auntie Jordan and now so are Nikki, Victoria, and Claire.  I knew it was not a good idea to confront Auntie Jordan because she’s the one confronting them. Auntie Jordan is deranged and is an expert at deflecting. So did Auntie Jordan take poison or is she taking a page out of BlueFang’s🕷️ playbook and is faking her own death 🤔?  To be or not to be?  Is Auntie Jordan going to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to be allowed to rise up and create havoc once again.  I’m not even going to ask how Auntie Jordan was able to get the poison. 

Enough of the PSA about OCD. It’s time to move on. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

@Denize ...beat me to the punch, LOL. "An old fambly tradition." Are Phyllis and Sharon going to be invited to the event ?? Bodies are heavy y'know.

Jordan is too sly and vindictive to actually "unalive herself". With her extensive knowledge of poisons her potion was likely something to slow her heart & respiration enough to fool a Newman into carrying her someplace outside the cell & leaving her unattended long enough for her to walk away. 

Color her pissed when she finds herself all muddy under the Easter Lilies, having to break another nail digging herself out. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 14

Hopefully this is a Romeo and Juliet rip off. The poison doesn't kill her but they all think it did and they all kill themselves rather than go to prison.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

Go's I hope Jordan is fucking dead already. I loathe the actor, her material is terrible and it's like force feeding me campiness which I don't want in my soaps. Just give me some decent story lines ffs.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

I know I'm not supposed to notice this but, damn, Jordie's hair, makeup & nails were perfection.  Maybe her nails were supposed to be broken, but they looked great from a distance -- and a beautiful red shade.  Her outfit was just soooo tastefully chic.  And she was throwing on some gorgeous looking heels.  Hellhole?  Really?   Vic seems to be providing her with all the benefits of her very own salon & boutique.  Sounds nice to me.  Will it be forever, Vic?

So what were those 3 trying to accomplish?  Dumb.  Jordie will rise up & knock 'em out silly.  So where are the writers getting inspiration for this dopey shit?  Hogan's Heroes?  Or maybe the Three Stooges?

Oh Chelsea, want some cheese with that whine?  She doesn't wanna make it about herself -- except she's making it about herself.  Uh, and when doesn't she do that?  And when doesn't she whine & cry?  Make her go away, show . . . please?

Idk, if I quickly tuned out of what that therapist was saying, I can only imagine how a teen would tune her out.  Fail therapist, fail.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Aunt Jordan is going to be turned over to the authorities?  When, exactly?

Or do vigilantes get the Amazon Prime treatment when holding a fugitive and they're just waiting to receive the return receipt?

GC Justice has sadly declined since the days of Paulie Tightpockets delivering justice at any time with neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, or impossibly tight denims interfering in his appointed rounds.  Oh Paulie, we miss you and the weekly wig changes.

Nikki was in full sour pickle face today and son Dickolas wasn't far behind.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Hopefully this is a Romeo and Juliet rip off. The poison doesn't kill her but they all think it did and they all kill themselves rather than go to prison.

Too bad you're not writing this show.  Then maybe Victor could walk out of the shower (a la Bobby Ewing) and we learn the last year (at least) has all been a dream.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Oh, come on, show. Claire's dream sequence? GTFOH. At this point, I'll be happy to have this stupidity preempted for the basketball tournament. 
Dumb, dumber, dumbest and laziest writing ever.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I hope sure Jordan is faking her death like Phyllis did.

I see another burned up ambulance in our future.  My only hope is Jordan doesn't get out in time.  I don't think I can take another round of Jordan out there stalking them and interfering with Nikki's Sobriety. (And I may be alone here, but I really don't like the actress, either).  I don't see Jordan as the type of psycho that would kill herself, though, so here we go with the old trip-to-the-hospital switcheroo.  Maybe NOW the authorities will be called to arrest the felon?

18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

he may successfully avoid being sent to yet another place away from them.

except he was the one who sent himself to another place to get away from them.  And I agree, he's research savvy.  He found that particular school that he felt would meet his needs.  Wonder what he's up to now?

19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think there must be something else that's happened to her which hasn't been revealed to the audience yet.

Maybe spending all that time with Nikki and Phylth to bring down Diane has had its affect on her.  Or she misses the other two witches and had to create her own.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bunnyto4 said:

Oh, come on, show. Claire's dream sequence? GTFOH. At this point, I'll be happy to have this stupidity preempted for the basketball tournament. 
Dumb, dumber, dumbest and laziest writing ever.

I turned the show off so fast once I realized it was a Claire dream sequence episode. Who the heck cares about this newbie enough to want to watch an entire fake episode about her? I have better things to do with my time, but would like to watch Eileen Davidson reveal more personalities. This wasted day ticked me off.

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

That dream sequence was something. It shows how much Claire/Eve needs to learn about her family. Summer and Abby being besties? 

But I guess Eve being around means Nick and Sharon never split because Cassie never dies. Also, Cole and Vickie are married, so none of her other children exists. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

That dream was…something. I’m not quite sure what, but it was definitely something. So Eve is just the most fun, most talented, most EVERYTHING in the whole wide world! Summer and Abby are valley girls, they all went off to Cabo together where Eve naturally was the life of the party. and to top it all off, Adam is the GCAC manager because Eve turned him into the authorities for something. 

Pity Aunt Jordan didn’t just kill her. 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10

Nick trying to be funny was painful.  Truly painful.

So J. Eddie is a shitty actor in dreams too?  Mmm. OK.

Me?  I woulda had Adam dragging around a ball & chains -- or something truly humiliating.  But I guess being a server in GC would qualify?

Sorry, but the Jordon-is-just-so-terrifying crap -- cue scary music -- is getting really tiresome.  Yawn.

Time to bring out more Ashley personalities.  I'm still hoping for lesbian Ashley cuz Mariah puts me to sleep.  

From the previews, looks like sweetie-pie Diane has been vanquished & the real viper Diane is back in town.  Good luck being married to that, Jackie boy.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Should I even bother watching today's Claire's stand alone episode? JFC, a newbie gets her own episode? These writers stink on ice.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Claire.  Put her on the back burner for awhile - she is exhausting (meaning I am tired of her)  and needs to be part of the scenery.  Like maybe 80% of the cast has been. Spice up a story involving someone not Nick, Victor, Nicki, Victoria, even Ashley.  

I have a lot on my plate right now and would so welcome sitting down with a cup of tea (or lunch) and enjoy a mindless soap with a great story or two. I realized that my posts have been negative recently so I may just need a break.  Maybe the plots will improve. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 9
On 3/19/2024 at 5:30 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

petty and unnecessary

If they wanted to rub it in her face, all they had to do was to open the door, stand there and gloat at her, and then slam the door in her face - the sound of her screams would have been satisfaction enough.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Should I even bother watching today's Claire's stand alone episode? JFC, a newbie gets her own episode? These writers stink on ice.

I watched the whole episode. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. I kind of liked how utterly ridiculous it was. Especially how Claire imagined Summer and Abby as even more vapid than they're usually portrayed. It was nice to see Cassie & Mariah together. I was annoyed that even in a dream sequence Adam was still treated like crap by the family. I did like his aside to Claire and hopefully she will think about what he said.

As for the preview, I'm just waiting for the Lily/Heather meet up. I hope the Drucilla in her comes out!

• Like 10
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What I don't get is how that triggered Ashley to splinter into multiple personalities.

Because the Y&R gods decided it was time to introduce an Ashley storyline and "The Three Faces of Ashley" was the one they thought would capture viewership.

4 minutes ago, pvandal said:

I'm just waiting for the Lily/Heather meet up.

I'm hoping the scene ends with Lily walking past Daniel as if he isn't there.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Am I the only one who wonders if the three Newman witches let Jordan die - did I miss some scene that answered that question - poor old nana is at a loss, so, please, someone clue me in.

• Like 4
  • Wink 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I know I'm not supposed to notice this but, damn, Jordie's hair, makeup & nails were perfection. 

Even a psychopath can be fashionable.

Elsewhere someone has asked if Nick and Sharon stayed together, how did Summer exist? I know it was just a dream. Or maybe Phyllis found another baboon/neanderthal to mate with. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Only thing worth watching is the preview showing Lily snarling at that smug bitch Heather -- and Heather with a look on her smug mug, realizing that Lily is in a position to screw her over but good.  Screw the bitch over, Lily -- and while you're at it, smash a shit-pie right in that fucking waste-of-space Daniel's stupid mug!

Man, I was getting so sick of watching Diane be all sweet & considerate.  Never bought it for a second.  About time the real snake Diane came out to bite the heads off everyone near her . . .

Vic & Nik getting all cuddly-wuddly with Claire (or should we be calling her Eve now?) was making me really nauseous.  Was also distracted by that Facts of Life school uniform on Claire/Eve -- um, WTF???

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Nikki put one of her furry boots on the sofa. Who knows what ickiness was on the soles given where she, Victoria, and Claire just came back from. Ew.

Tee hee, the Princess of Wales must've done the Photoshop job on the Newmans' family portrait which was modified to include Eve/Claire. Come at me, BRF.

Unlike Claire, I had a hard time imagining Abby, Summer, and Eve as a Newman girl squad.

Good grief, now Jordan is haunting Claire's dreams. I'm ready to put a hit out on that broad, even if she is a ghost. Yo, Phyllis, I might have some light work for you. 🤨

IMO DreamCole was way more animated than his "real life" version. The coke must've been 100% pure in Claire's dreamland. Not cut with powdered melatonin. 😏

DreamAdam. Ehhh. Did he not still have a Harvard MBA in Claire's imaginary world?

Wait, both DreamCassie AND DreamMariah? Yay, double paycheck for CG.

Hey, DreamSharon! But she and DreamNick were still married? I dunno.

Eve was a championship rider. Because of course she was. And she was Victor's chess partner. Guess she replaced Faith as his favorite.

I thought DreamAdam gave Eve some real talk about their likely fates in the Newman family. Too bad she didn't want to hear it.

Enjoy your fantasy world, Claire. Because sooner or later, back in the "real" one you're probably going to FAFO. Those Newmans can turn on a dime, even against one of their own.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

an, I was getting so sick of watching Diane be all sweet & considerate.  Never bought it for a second.  About time the real snake Diane came out to bite the heads off everyone near he

Yep, I've been waiting for that for MONTHS.  Good to have you back where you belong, sweetie.

That Claire dream was just as embarrassing as Diane's wedding dream.  And I was cringing in secondhand embarrassment on that one.  

'

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

if Nick and Sharon stayed together, how did Summer exist

Yep. Summer was only conceived because Nick couldn't handle his grief over Cassie's death. Since there was no mention of her mommy, did the dream version of Summer spring fully-formed from Nick's head? 😱 I was going to suggest maybe she turned out to be Jack's kid after all but the existence of Kyle makes that impossible. Gah.

just waiting for the Lily/Heather meet up. I hope the Drucilla in her comes out!

OMG, that would be perfect. AFAIC Heather has been begging for the type of verbal beatdown only Dru could deliver.

looks like sweetie-pie Diane has been vanquished & the real viper Diane is back in town.

What's surprising to me is how willing Diane is to antagonize Kyle. Jack has led her believe he'll always back her even over their son but maybe she's about to overplay her hand. Jackie better wake up.

Cole and Vickie are married, so none of her other children exists. 

Would that include Reed? I know he's been both SORASed and deSORASed, and I can't remember if his father J.T. was before or after Cole.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Kemper said:

Too bad you're not writing this show.  Then maybe Victor could walk out of the shower (a la Bobby Ewing) and we learn the last year (at least) has all been a dream.  

I posted a while back that all of this could be the hallucinations of an aged Victor, while he is sitting on a bench with an aide (Nick), who is waiting to return him to the asylum after a day trip to town. As for watching Claire's dream "today," I spared myself the nightmare. It would have advanced her storyline a lot more if JG could have been arsed to have shown us some of the time she lived with Jordan prior to coming to GC to commence their revenge plot against the Newmans. I can only assume this writer thought nothing of wasting the audience's time again today.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

That dream scene at the GCAC was absolutely over the top but that’s how Claire, aka Eve Howard, sees it in her mind thinking how it could have been.  Well Claire, if you’re going to dream, dream big.  

Cassie and Mariah together through the modern concept of editing and technology. 

What’s next for Claire.  Does Claire still have a dark side quoth the Adam nevermore. 

Today Claire/Eve (Hayley Erin) gave us a master class in acting.  Claire/Eve’s encounter with Auntie Jordan as a breath of fresh air to the ensemble who was stinking up the breakfast club.  I have to say that BlueFang🕷️ should learn from Auntie Jordan on how to be delusional and unbalanced without being over animated. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Me at dinner last night telling my husband why I wasn't going to watch the dream episode: "Its not even real. Why watch it?"

My son: "ummm, you do know that none of the show is real don't you?"

😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 19

Thursday Nitpick:

• The 'how did Summer get here?' question has been asked already but I don't want to watch the episode again to hear if she ever called DreamSharon "mom".
  • Hairyson is brought to the breakfast (because he loves Claire so much) but does not remain.  He was whisked off to see his little chum Bobby (?) at another part of the dining room and did not return.  Is he going to be sleeping over at his friend's house a lot?
  • Nikki's hair looked good, styled well and flattering.  Why can't she wear it like that all the time?
  • Jordan was reminding me way too much of 'I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille'.  I assume this was her final appearance and for the Emmy reel. 
  • Was very pissed that we really didn't see what happened with Jordan.  Is she still laying there on her death cot?  Have the authorities been notified?  Is she really, truly dead?  All we got was the three witches in Sad mode walking into the raunch.  So are they sad she died or sad she didn't?  
  • Like 12
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2024 at 5:59 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

What I don't get is how that triggered Ashley to splinter into multiple personalities. It would not have been the first time she's had a loud argument with someone, not even with Tucker. I think there must be something else that's happened to her which hasn't been revealed to the audience yet.

I'm convinced Josh Griffith changed his mind at the last minute like he always does. Tucker went from trolling Ashley when she went to Paris, tracking her to "avoid" her, to being sick of her presence almost overnight. Now he'll probably be thrown under the villain bus again for Nate/Audra this time. Or perhaps JG really thinks months of Tucker/Ashley going back & forth about who said/did what with stupid flashbacks thrown in was good foreshadowing for Ashley's disease. 50/50 chance knowing him. 

the young actor is doing a great job portraying the OCD behaviors, I just don't think Connor has OCD. I suspect Connor's done a ton of research on the web and watched online videos so he could deftly imitate someone who has OCD. It's getting him a lot of attention from Chelsea and Adam, and he may successfully avoid being sent to yet another place away from them. Of course, I'm prepared for my suspicions to be completely wrong. Because this flipping show, amirite?

Connor acting out and behaving this way for attention would be too good to be true. It'd be better than what we're getting for sure. I like the kid enough and the actor is good, so I think he could pull it off. But we're likely stuck with the OCD storyline. Funny enough even though I just criticized him for it, if JG wanted to change his mind halfway through a story this would be a good one to do it to. Which is why he won't 🙃.

While Connor chose to leave for the school, Chelsea being self-absored & dropping "Johnny is your brother" bomb on him then trying to kill herself, surely influenced that choice. She knows this but still wants to feel better about it. Throwing Adam under the bus by projecting her failures onto him is a way to do that. Chelsea is one of Griffith's favorite pets so she won't be held accountable for being a trash, undependable parent. Which just makes this plot even more insufferable. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Whoever decided that Claire needed a dream episode to herself should be put under psychiatric evaluation. 

Claire definitely has the full of herself part of being a Newman down already. How does her presence prevent Cassie from dying? Claire would've been much younger than Cassie at the time & probably wouldn't have been aware that Cassie was grounded for lying to Nick & Sharon. She would've been home asleep with her parents by the time Cassie went to the party with Daniel that fateful night. Thus still tried to drive him home after he got drunk & had the same accident, and so on.

Even if she did live, then Summer is out unless she accurately gathered that Nick is a dog that would end up cheating on Sharon anyway. Which is the only feasible thing about her dream, so I'll give her that one. But then Nick would have 5 or 6(if he adopted Mariah) onscreen children. Noah, Cassie, Summer, Faith, & Christian. If Jordan isn't dead maybe she can thin the herd of Newman offspring by killing Claire & one or two of Nick's offspring. 

And does she really think that she's so awesome that Abby & Summer can get along because she asked them nicely? We all know JG loves propping boring newbies & Newmans not named Adam, and Claire is both so I don't see her learning anything the hard way because that wouldn't appropriate for a spawn of Victoria's.

On the very off chance that Claire is ever ostracized by the Newmans, Adam is the last person that should give a fuck. Considering how she acted towards him having legitimate concerns about her. What happened to understanding that redemption could takes time Claire? If the Newman's ever give her their ass to kiss, Adam should just be like "I told ya so bitch!" and keep walking. 

21 hours ago, tanyak said:

Also, Cole and Vickie are married, so none of her other children exists. 

Yep, unless Victora cheated on Cole with J.T and Billy. Which given how wooden Cole is, wouldn't surprise or even bother me. But in truth, Claire is just like her mother. She doesn't give a damn about her younger siblings(beyond what they can do for her), and wants to be the exalted/main child.

Nice dream Claire. You managed to make the Newmans look weirder & more classless than they usually do. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Claire COULD have had an alternative "fantasy" reunion dream.  It didn't have to be that sunshine and lollipops My Little Pony extravaganza, complete with a drop-in from the Wicked Witch of Overwrought Expressions, Aunt Jordan.

She could have come to Genoa City to find her family and instead of this fantasy, she could have found

Grampa Victor has lost all his money and now spends his days at the bus station wearing a sandwich board that says "The End is Near, yougotthat?" on one side, and "Haveanicedaynow, Jagabbott!" on the other.  She's warned not to get too close or he starts jabbering about some goddam orphanage or other.

Grandma Nikki has returned to her roots and works at a refashioned Fenmore's, now called Lauren's Badda Bing Dairy Queens, still pole dancing, but now, with an actual Pole....

giphy.gif

The tips aren't as good, no time to talk.

Claire finds out that Mommy Vic has spent her life searching everywhere for her, literally everywhere until one day, she followed a tip she thought might lead her directly to Claire, but

giphy.gif

instead, she got lost inside Billy Abbott's nostrils, never to be seen again.

All is not lost, however, no indeedy NOT.  A bluetoothed crone with a gassy giggle and no sense of personal space tells her she can find her uncle Nick, alive and well, and dancing for circus peanuts in Chancellor Park.  "Just follow the odor, Claire, it will lead you right to him."  Claire, hopeful at last, turns to leave but the crone leans in, too close as usual, and repeats, "whatever you do, little girl, whatever you do, don't pull his finger, DON'T pull his finger!", cackling as she hops away.

Yes, Claire, you're home with the Newmans, at long last.

At least that's what I saw.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Next time, on The Young and the Crazy:

Harrison dreams that he is actually a Newman. Grampy Newman buys him a McDonald's and hires Tessa to run it for him.

Claire, now Co-Co-Co CEO at Newman screws up a major deal  and  Grampy Victor fires her . She runs to Mommy for comfort but Mommy is seducing the new intern and doesn't care. 

Turns out Mamie is the love child of Victor's father so she will be the new head of marketing with Adam as her assistant.

Eve had a twin brother, Steve! He is plotting revenge on the Newmans. But first, he will get a job as Nicki's assistant.  

Ariya's birth mother is Victor's  granddaughter, we're not sure how, but trust us. Victor buys her  a pony and while trying to jump a fence she is injured. Mariah and Tessa get their revenge by hiring Jordan to burn down Tara ( the ranch, not Harrison's mother who has had plastic surgery and will soon be his new nanny.) Diane finds herself strangely attracted to Mr. Doubtfire.

Edited by Unathletic Club
add
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 15
23 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

maybe Phyllis found another baboon/neanderthal to mate with

. . . and the baby looked so much like him that Nick bought it when Phyllis told him he was the daddy.

• LOL 7

made with 7-Up or Sprite

7-Up and Sprite use artificial lemon and lime flavoring - if you use ginger ale, you can add squirts of fresh lemon and lime, and I like my Shirley Temples made that way.

• Like 4
On 3/19/2024 at 9:13 PM, MsMalin said:

The poison doesn't kill her but they all think it did and they all kill themselves rather than go to prison.

LAUGH OUT LOUD, MsMALIN, LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!

3 hours ago, Unathletic Club said:

Diane finds herself strangely attracted to Mr. Doubtfire.

Speaking of Diane, the previews of next week's show had a bit with Kyle being very, very, very unhappy with having mommy as his boss.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Shirley Temples

Recipe:

1 ounce (2 tablespoons) grenadine

½ ounce (1 tablespoon) lime juice or lemon juice or 1/4 ounce each lemon and lime

5 ounces (2/3 cup) ginger ale

cocktail cherry for garnish

NOTE: Add a shot of Vodka to make a Dirty Shirley

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Because basketball is so very, VERY important.

Unfortunately it's probably way more profitable to CBS than the two soap operas are. I've been surprised at how much time CBS Sports is being increasingly given on the broadcast daytime schedule.

Turns out Mamie is the love child of Victor's father so she will be the new head of marketing with Adam as her assistant.

KMN if anything even remotely close to this ever happens. Mamie would start trying to claim NE belongs to the Winters family. 🙄

And does she really think that she's so awesome that Abby & Summer can get along because she asked them nicely?

That part. Claire came across as full of herself to me and somehow I don't think that was the show's intent. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I wish they would do a stand alone week regarding What If Victor Had Never Been Born.

Even in an episode with Victor not existing, I bet they’d still feature too much Victor. 

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Because basketball is so very, VERY important.

Actually, it seems to be. Middle Daughter works in a government building very close to where one of today's games was played. The garage where many of the gov't workers park each day was overrun by attendees early in the morning so the government building shut down and everyone was allowed to work from home. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2

To my everlasting dismay, March Madness is extremely profitable to CBS. When they canceled the tournament because of Covid 4 years ago, they lost $90 MILLION in ad revenue. So unfortunately we will never be done with it 😫

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 4

*small voice* I actually enjoyed the Claire/Eve dream sequence. Nice to see so many characters interacting together. I also thought the actress that plays Summer was having a lot of fun being OTT with the material.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, AManfred said:

*small voice* I actually enjoyed the Claire/Eve dream sequence. Nice to see so many characters interacting together. I also thought the actress that plays Summer was having a lot of fun being OTT with the material.

I didn't hate it. lol Given that it's based on Claire's very limited knowledge of the inner workings of the family, it totally makes sense that she thinks it's one big happy extended family. And she grew up being told that she wasn't wanted, so all the adoration and praise proves she was very much wanted (at least in her mind).

Plus her final conversation with Jordan (how did that character not get a last name?) proved that she really and truly isn't playing the Newmans. I mostly thought that, but wasn't 100% certain. 

Finally, we LOVE college basketball in this house. My college team won yesterday and I'll need to figure out how to keep up with our game tomorrow because our 14-year-old has his own basketball tournament. I see and hear a lot of bouncing balls this time of year. lol 

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1