Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm a Texan by birth and have many "south by southwest" tastes, or at least exposure from an East Texas perspective. Salmon and grits is a new one on me though. Maybe I'll get curious enough to try it one day. 😶

Yeah, salmon is a pretty NW/Alaska thing. I'd be surprised to see it in the south. Grits? Absolutely.

• Love 6

Ashland you are 100% correct. Olive is all in on protecting Nostrils the Weasel. Lily is also 100% right that Nostrils the Weasel is Olive’s pawn. I thought that Lily was operating out of jealousy but now I’m quite sure it’s good common sense. 

Poor poor Devon he is sad and unable to sleep or eat. It’s hard to tell the difference, though, between a brooding Devon or a happy Devon.  Devon is worried about Bowie’s well being because millionaires can’t take as good care of Bowie as a billionaire.  Another comment from the peanut gallery with Lily’s encouragement for Devon to go after joint custody. More mugs of STFU are required.  

There are non so blind as those who will not see that joint custody will be disruptive. Maybe not know but in a few years Bowie will know that he comes from different cultures. Bowie will learn that he doesn’t share DNA with Chance 2.0 and he shares DNA with Abby but she didn’t give birth to him.  You never know how a child especially a teenager will react to that knowledge. 

Chance 2.0 is now a kept man.  He’s becoming nothing more than an anatomically correct blow up doll for her pleasure.  Chance 2.0 is becoming a fantastic father. He’s mastered getting Bowie in and out of his car seat which is even more important than changing a diaper 😉

Nostrils the Weasel blew himself up mainly because he took Lily seriously; but in blowing himself he is actually smelling his own farts in trying to make himself virtuous. Nostrils the Weasel is a legion in his own mind.  I didn’t see that coming with actually having a small moment of being virtuous with giving a Olive a tongue lashing.  Keep this up and I might have to drop the title of weasel from your name. 

Here we go again.  Another 🐂💩 storyline with Devon pursuing legal writes to be with Bowie.  HE HAS NONE, case closed but I’m sure that this fact will be ignored by TIIC.  Who the hell is Devon to pass judgment that Chance 2.0 is not a fit father?  I guess Devon now has a degree in psychology from the same box of Cracker Jax where Sharon got hers. One 15 minute late night conversation with Chance 2.0 and Devon gleaned that he’s an unfit father. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Just when we think the writers of this soap have insulted our collective intelligence as much as they possibly can, they expect us to buy that Devon can sue for custody, more visitation, etc. He had a 5 minute squirt into a cup. That’s the extent of his involvement in this child’s existence. Oh, yeah. He happened to be there to deliver the baby because a nut job locked Mariah in a room. Big whoop.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
On 1/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, SweePea59 said:

I was shocked to see Rey Rey smile. I think that's the first time I've ever seen that happen. I always tune out when he's on, not only is he dull but he sucks the life out of every scene he's in, (what little life there is). He must reallllllllly like Chance.

90% of Rey’s scenes involve someone else (usually Sharon, now Chelsea) telling him, a character with zero discernible charisma, how great he is. And often, none of the actors involved does a good job of selling it.

Can someone explain to me reallllyyyyy slowly how the nonsense coming out of NotBilly’s mouth was supposed to be construed as a victory over Adam? And then on top of that, the writers actually had Adam acting like he’d been bested, hence his lashing out at Sally. It’s like they wanted to get out of the storyline and declare NotBilly the winner, so they fast forwarded to a submoronic conclusion.

Add me to the group who’s actually more pissed at the jackasses co-signing Darvon’s jackassery than the idiot himself. (And must they have every black character supporting this nonsense?) The stones on this guy to think a judge will say a man boning the twin of his dead wife can provide a better environment to raise this baby in. AND HE’S NOT YOUR SON JACKASS!

Edited by nasir jones
ETA
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I can’t believe I’m saying this but go Butt Biscuit! So glad he told Victoria to stuff it.  
Devon is a selfish, annoying, self serving jerk. 

I finally realized that Richard Burgi was my crush years ago when  he played Glenn Harrington on As the World Turns. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I finally realized that Richard Burgi was my crush years ago when  he played Glenn Harrington on As the World Turns. 

Speaking of Burgi years ago, anyone remember the Seinfeld episode with him?  I saw it the other day, and recognized his voice right away.  It took a second 'cause he was so young, but I realized it was him.  The episode was the one where "you gotta see the baby!" Burgi played the pediatrician that called the baby and Elaine "breathtaking."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:

Speaking of Burgi years ago, anyone remember the Seinfeld episode with him?  I saw it the other day, and recognized his voice right away.  It took a second 'cause he was so young, but I realized it was him.  The episode was the one where "you gotta see the baby!" Burgi played the pediatrician that called the baby and Elaine "breathtaking."

I remember the episode but can’t picture him but I will check it out.

• Love 2

Devon told Lily he asked Abby and Chance for visitation, but he actually asked for shared custody.  Bit of a difference there, sunshine.  If they were trying to totally trash Devon's character, this is the way to do it.  He's using what Chance confided to him as a weapon, AFTER he witnesses Chance making an effort to overcome those same feelings of self-doubt he confided to Devon.  I can't imagine any viewer being on Devon's side here.   Lily's always been an idiot, but I'm curious what Mariah's reaction will be when she finds out.  And what about Victor?  What a mess this all is.  

I have no idea what grits are.  I remember Granny used to make them for Jethro, but I didn't think they were a real thing people ate.  Do they go by any other name?

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Can someone explain to me reallllyyyyy slowly how the nonsense coming out of NotBilly’s mouth was supposed to be construed as a victory over Adam? And then on top of that, the writers actually had Adam acting like he’d been bested, hence his lashing out at Sally. It’s like they wanted to get out of the storyline and declare NotBilly the winner, so they fast forwarded to a submoronic conclusion.

^^^^^This!  My thoughts exactly, Nasir Jones.  ButtBiscuit roams the wilds of Genoa City, pretending to be a drunk, acting the fool, fighting with Lily and somehow all of what he acted out for show, if reported, would be grounds for libel because he was faking it?  He was still being verbally abusive, falling down, etc., none of that changes because it wasn't "real".  It all happened, it was real.  Not a chance he'd have a successful libel case since this was all premeditated to achieve an outcome.   Besides, what makes him think the public would give a rats ass about some late middle-aged trust fund doofus making a fool of himself, again?  There's not a person left on earth who would be shocked, if they even knew who he was.

Then his showdown with Victoria.  Victoria has a heart of ice when it comes to him but as far as I'm concerned, that's to be celebrated, not admonished.  So that was another lose for ButtBiscuit in my book.  I thought his narcissistic self-involvement reached new heights when he had the gall to castigate her for not trying to stop him because, according to him, all the people who "really" love him tried to stop him and his plan.  The same people he sneered at, walked out on and insulted.  And he's taunting Victoria because she wasn't one of them????  Whey the HELL should she be??  Best thing Vic's done in forever is to finally be free of this barnacle of a man.

As usual, ButtBiscuit is not only the center of his own story, he seems truly incapable of believing he's not the center of everyone else's story, too.  

If NuNoah wants to redeem himself from being such a smug self-centered putz then I suggest he park his car on ButtBiscuit's head the way his predecessor did. 

Did Show recently hire an escapee from a 19th century Amish colony to do the writing for Faith and Moses, because I can't think of anyone else who would think a cool Christmas present for a teenage boy would be a Grampa cardigan.  Is Faith getting him slippers and a pipe for Valentine's Day?  Those two are making Rey Rey look loose and cool.

I'm starting to recognize this Devon.  This is the same guy who cheated with his father's wife and got all huffy about it.  This is the same guy who acted all put out because his bio dad helped him get his hearing back.  This is the same guy who could barely give his bio mom the time of day and treated Katherine like crap.  And still managed to be dull while doing so. 

There's low key and then there's disengaged and I'm starting to wonder if he dislikes this turn in the tale as much as many viewers do.

I don't know if it's true, just a rumor out there that I read, that Jason Thompson has been increasingly unhappy with how his character of Billy Abbott has been written, and the storylines he's been given.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bryton feels the same way.  Both of them are getting tons of screentime but what they're playing hasn't done either of them any favors.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Devon told Lily he asked Abby and Chance for visitation, but he actually asked for shared custody.  Bit of a difference there, sunshine. 

Yeah, I couldn't believe he said that.  It's an actual lie, and makes it seem like Abby and Chance are denying him access when they're being completely open with said access.  

So his big moment is seeing Chance doing his best to bond with HIS (Chance's) son?  My God, what a pathetic, utterly selfish thing.  Maybe he should get his enablers Amanda/Nate/Lily to go fight this entire battle for him since he's let them tell him what to do so far.  

The "I don't know how Courtney Hope acts these scenes out" conundrum rolls on.

I haven't been a fan of Jason Thompson's portrayal of Billy, one bit.  I've never disliked the guy, but it just seems like he accentuates everything bad about this character (and there's a lot), but can't highlight any of the good.  That being said, I thought he did well showing he felt the weight of this go off him in those scenes with Lily.  

Elena's skin is unreal.  She glows, and it's getting ridiculously fabulous.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I have no idea what grits are.  I remember Granny used to make them for Jethro, but I didn't think they were a real thing people ate.  Do they go by any other name?

Grits are a porridge similar to cream of wheat or oatmeal but made from ground corn. Mostly more popular in southern states. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

I'm wondering if  Nate and Lily supporting Devon's custody suit doesn't have more to do with some ongoing guilt they both feel towards Devon - Nate for sleeping with Elena and Lily for her part in Hilary's death.  Lily has a history of being co-dependent with the people in her life and Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate loves to be loved and admired.  What better way to fill both needs by telling Devon what he wants to hear?

As for Amanda, I think she's just pretty dumb and a lousy lawyer to boot.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, boes said:

I'm starting to recognize this Devon.  This is the same guy who cheated with his father's wife and got all huffy about it.  This is the same guy who acted all put out because his bio dad helped him get his hearing back.  This is the same guy who could barely give his bio mom the time of day and treated Katherine like crap.  And still managed to be dull while doing so. 

Don't forget how he went after his aunt, penis-first, when he found out they weren't biologically related.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Elena's skin is unreal.  She glows, and it's getting ridiculously fabulous.  

Right? I wonder what products she uses? She should be doing ads or commercials or something.

I have no idea what grits are.  I remember Granny used to make them for Jethro, but I didn't think they were a real thing people ate. 

A reach all the way back to Beverly Hillbillies. Now that's some impressive

skyscrapers-shade.gif

Lol, I'm never going to be able to eat grits again without thinking about cement ponds.

• LOL 13
10 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Grits are a porridge similar to cream of wheat or oatmeal but made from ground corn. Mostly more popular in southern states. 

Are they the same as polenta?  (I wasn't making fun...I really didn't know what they were outside of the context of the Beverly Hillbillies.)

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Amanda is definitely no Michael Baldwin 😜

Amanda is drifting into Ambulance Chasing Lawyer territory. At least the actress who plays her sister seems to have some animation and life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Amanda is definitely no Michael Baldwin 😜

Lol Damn straight!!  

Also hello fellow Southerners! Shrimp and Grits is the true classic. Eating it with Salmon might be interesting but weird at the same time. I eat my grits with grape jelly and cheddar cheese lol  

19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, salmon is a pretty NW/Alaska thing. I'd be surprised to see it in the south.

Oh yeah we have plenty of (pink) Salmon! It's kind of expensive though. I'm from the Southeast, but I think alot of ours comes from South America, the most expensive Salmon here usually comes from Alaska or elsewhere on the West Coast though.

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Are they the same as polenta?  (I wasn't making fun...I really didn't know what they were outside of the context of the Beverly Hillbillies.)

Yep! They're both made from ground corn but grits are made with white corn (hominy) instead of yellow cornmeal. The texture is different, Polenta is more course and has more bite to it, whereas grits are softer.

Edited by Skarzero
  • Useful 9
  • Love 3

Lily, Lily, Lily, you were my last hope and then you just had to go and side with Devon. You’re dead to me now.

so Billy finally grew up and ended this ridiculous plan. Good for him.

can’t wait to see Devon’s plan blow up in his face. Spectacularly. Going up against the Newmans, Abbots and Chancellors? What could possibly go wrong with that? 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

I eat my grits with grape jelly and cheddar cheese lol  

Okay, now we're gonna have to fight. 😏 AFAIC grits should never, never, never be eaten with anything sweet. Save that nonsense for oatmeal. All y'all out there putting sugar, honey, syrup, cotton candy, skittles, whatever, on grits need to have your taste buds repossessed. Come at me, I'm not scurred. 🥳🥳🥳🥳

How bad is Y&R now that the biggest conversation going here is about food, based on Amanda's throwaway line from a throwaway episode? Good job Josh G! And your MWTs. 🙄

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, now we're gonna have to fight. 😏 AFAIC grits should never, never, never be eaten with anything sweet. Save that nonsense for oatmeal. All y'all out there putting sugar, honey, syrup, cotton candy, skittles, whatever, on grits need to have your taste buds repossessed. Come at me, I'm not scurred.

Oh stop hating Joi! The savory cheese balances out the sweet of the jelly or the savory grits themselves! Expand your mind, expand your taste buds! Don't knock it till you try it! Idk about that other stuff though, grape jelly is about as far as I take it. Anybody putting skittles or cotton candy on their grits is dangerous and needs to be put on some kind of watchlist 😂

The only thing oatmeal needs to go with is cinnamon/sugar and fresh fruit tbh

45 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How bad is Y&R now that the biggest conversation going here is about food, based on Amanda's throwaway line from a throwaway episode? Good job Josh G! And your MWTs. 🙄

I know right! But now that I'm thinking about it, I would love it if someone threw a pot of hot grits into Devon and Amanda's face. Bonus points if Abby and/or Chance did it.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I had grits once when I was a kid. They were awful. They are hominy which is like giant white corn but has no flavor. I felt like I was eating horse food, animal feed, not human food. They are cooked to the consistency of lumpy oatmeal. I have a friend from the south who loves grits and she tells me that it's all about what you load them up with. Obviously to give them some flavor and make them palatable. 

I did enjoy Traci and Lily having a conversation. It makes sense for them to have a closeness, they both lost Colleen, Lily lost her mom and Traci lost her daughter. I am sorry to hear about PB having that terrible eye issue, but it is nice that they were able to rewrite Jack's lines for Traci and use her. I always love Traci being on the show. Traci and Lily need to be in each other's orbits more frequently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 1/6/2022 at 2:04 PM, gingerella said:

EVERYone paired with Darvon quickly becomes a visual sedative. He's a career killer IMO. Horrible actor. Horrible character.

It's his voice. Heaven help me, but ever since the actor came into adulthood, his voice has this nasal drone quality to it that drives me up the wall. I know, it's a personal pet peeve, but it cracks my husband up because he has actually seen me mute the TV when Davon's talking.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Why does Rodan the Petty’s greetings always sound very phony to me?  Maybe because her mood is mostly dour and a smile seems very out of place. 

OMG!  Rexx Ruggs must have closed. Natey Nate Nate and Elena are buying a rug online. Hold it a second, did Elena say they were buying a rug for the bathroom?  I guess that a more elegant bath mat.  

Excuse me but doesn’t Nostrils have a lot more soul sucking anger towards Adam to the point of giving him an alternate personality than Adam has towards Nostrils?  Even Victor’s anger towards Nostrils is not soul sucking.  First of all Victor doesn’t have a soul and second Victor just views Nostrils as a loathsome human being or should I say less than zero.  Either way, I think that Adam’s priority was protecting Ashland. Nostrils had to be brought down to do so. The acquisition of ChanceCom was the end result. 

The dress Chelsea was wearing must be one of her designs. It’s fuggly to the nth degree.  Every time Chloe touts Chelsea as a fantastic talent designer and puts her at the same level as Sally I just want to 🤮🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

The dress Chelsea was wearing must be one of her designs. It’s fuggly to the nth degree.  Every time Chloe touts Chelsea as a fantastic talent designer and puts her at the same level as Sally I just want to 🤮🤮

Wasn't it awful? The color, the cut, the "style",  it was an unflattering mess.

• Love 17

Billy just continues to make me sick...He invites his sister over so he can apologize to her and within 30 seconds, he’s reverted to his prickly, miserable self and turns on her....I am annoyed with Lily about Devon, but in this case Lily was right to stick up for Traci and to calm the whole thing down....

Also I really do hate to bash a child actor and usually I love the kids but this Connor has got to go....Such an unappealing pale looking child with a terrible haircut who thinks he’s smarter than his parents .... I’m glad that Adam continues to shoot him down about them all living together

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 18

Also I really do hate to bash a child actor and usually I love the kids but this Connor has got to go....Such an unappealing pale looking child with a terrible haircut who thinks he’s smarter than his parents .... I’m glad that Adam continues to shoot him down about them all living together

I think he's interesting looking although his whiny recalcitrance did bug me today.

• Love 10

I am waiting for the custody courtroom scene, and the expression on the mediator/judge's face, when Devon testifies that he felt Chance couldn't parent properly after he confided to him (as his friend) difficulties in transitioning post serving his country on a mission that resulted in the deaths of all of his team!! I would give Devon custody of a snake after that!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Imani is still a shameless flirt with Nate. Tee. Elena don't play that though. Hee.

Oh FFS, who asked for another shirtless Billy scene? Who? Gah, I think the least JT could do is get a spray tan when he has to show his bare chest and arms. That pale, clammy skin looked sickly to me.

Adam must be a glutton for punishment if he's willing to pay to have Chelsea in his face all day. Connor is just a convenient excuse for her. But in what universe does Sally think it's her job to guard Adam's office? I wish they could find a better storyline for her.

Loved Lily's boots.

Now Billy has to go to Chicago to meet with Jill? He can't just call her or videochat? Hmm, he might be up to something he doesn't want Lily to know about.

Dafuq was going on with Chloe's hair? 😱

Phyllis sued by an unhappy customer. Yawn. Yet again she plays the self-righteous victim who emerges victorious from the flames like a...uh, glovebox participle.

Ehhh, Traci. Billy is your brother, not your son. You're just like Ashley, always siding with the Newmans against your own family. 🤨

Ditto comments upthread, that was a nice moment between Lily and Traci. Their Colleen connection is one bit of history the show hasn't retconned in an unfortunate way.

Nate, the way to shut up the hospital gossips is to marry Elena, or at least get engaged and set a wedding date. A boss shacking up with their subordinate is generally going to be problematic at work so stop trying act brand new.

Nevermind the dress, I have no words for Chelsea's coat. I do have an acronym though: WTAF? Who would design such a monstrosity?

Yeah, I think either Billy is up to another scheme or the writers are getting ready to kill him off in a snowy plane crash into Lake Michigan. 😉

Re the previews, I've been a fan of Michael letting his hair go white/gray but IMO the beard is giving him a Santa Claus vibe. 'Tis not the season. 😼

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I think either Billy is up to another scheme or the writers are getting ready to kill him off in a snowy plane crash into Lake Michigan. 😉 

Joimiaroxeu, are you toying with me with that crash scenario?  That's my dream ButtBiscuit storyline.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why does Rodan the Petty’s greetings always sound very phony to me?  Maybe because her mood is mostly dour and a smile seems very out of place.

Her big fake smile always seems to be delivered with her cheeks, eyes, nose & forehead making a wincing expression. Very incongruous. It is hard to tell if she is happy, mad or crazy at any given moment.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 1/6/2022 at 10:23 PM, boes said:

Best thing Vic's done in forever is to finally be free of this barnacle of a man.

I would make love to this sentence if I could. I’m beginning to think that there’s something seriously wrong with Lily. (Well, that’s not true… I’ve known for a long time.) No person in their right mind would want to sleep with or be in the general vicinity of NotBilly.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:09 AM, JNavarro said:

The "I don't know how Courtney Hope acts these scenes out" conundrum rolls on.  

As my mom always says, “A job is a job”. I’m sure this beats playing best friend #2 in whatever Hallmark movie is being filmed in cold ass Canada today. But Sally Spectra reminds me of George McFly walking down the hallway in high school with the “KICK ME” sign on his back. It’s tiring.

This is the same Connor that they sent to a boarding school? Sure.

Edited by nasir jones
The father’s name was GEORGE not Marty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Her big fake smile always seems to be delivered with her cheeks, eyes, nose & forehead making a wincing expression. Very incongruous. It is hard to tell if she is happy, mad or crazy at any given moment.

You can never go wrong using "crazy" and "Phyllis" in the same sentence.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Whoever (or whomever?) taught that kid to act should be punished because that child's acting is a crime.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

How can Amanda sit there and listen to that rat in the ugly chartreuse colored shirt talk about running someone down in her car? I need Sharon to nudge her down some stairs again and put her in a coma again. 

How DARE Butt Biscuit make Traci cry? She has been nothing but good to him.

• Love 18

Babynapper Amanda thinks Abby/Chance are scum for allowing Devon to visit their son whenever he wants, but it's hilarious that friend Phyllis brags about running someone down in a blind rage.  

• Love 17

That was a horrible Friday episode. My allergy symptoms are more pleasant than this. 

The actor playing Connor was very off-putting. It might get better if someone took him aside and gave the youngster some pointers. But until then...yikes... 

UGH to Phylthy and Amanda, just when I think I couldn't hate them anymore than I already do. Phylthy makes light of running Christine over with her car! And Bitchmanda finds it funny and is ok with it! But she thinks Darvon has a right to backstab Abby and Chance and take their son because he refuses to get out of his selfish feelings. They can both rot in hell. 

20 hours ago, nasir jones said:

I’m beginning to think that there’s something seriously wrong with Lily. (Well, that’s not true… I’ve known for a long time.) No person in their right mind would want to sleep with or be in the general vicinity of NotBilly.

Preach! The way Nostrils got shitty with Traci over nothing, should've been a red flag to Lily. She shouldn't have had to diffuse anything, if Billy was really trying to apologize. But she's been ignoring all the other red flags from the start, so it doesn't even matter at this point. 

I wish Courtney Hope could find better work, because Sally should quit Newman fashion. She is never gonna win or be at peace with Chelsea and her attack dog in her face, over the pettiest shit. Chole has made it clear, not in so many words, that she will always take Chelsea's side even when she's dead wrong. And Adam can't seem to do much without about being further bastardized. Hopefully CH is offered something really promising in the next few months and leave this shit show, because the writers are clearly not going to stop shitting on Sally's character. 

NotBilly is so desperate to avoid accountability he contradicts himself. He reprimands Traci for treating him like a child, she then tells him that she knows he's an adult (he isn't tho) Which is why she holds him accountable, then he turns around says that it's not that black and white. In this case yeah it is fuckwit, you just accused her of thinking less of you and treating you like a child, make up your stupid fucking mind. It just goes to show that the writers are even contradicting what they wrote a week ago to prop up their Golden Abbott Boy. Cos Traci didn't even really tell Victoria to back off, just that she would be responsible if anything bad happened to her brother. I'm glad she changed her tune with Billy yesterday, and good on her for calling him out further for trying to use Jack's feud with Victor as an excuse to be a dick. Plus, Jack and Victor had legitimate reasons to be at each other throats. (or at least it was written better back then so it appeared that way). Billy just keeps starting shit he can't finish, ruining himself and others along the way. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Looks like Burgi is out! Guess Ashland will disappear, get arrested, or die in the next few weeks. Maybe Tara cut a deal with the feds to get a lighter sentence?

Or he could go to the Grey Poupon and have a spa day, get a make-over and look like some other guy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 1/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Imani is still a shameless flirt with Nate. Tee. Elena don't play that though. Hee.

Have the writers kept Imani around for comic relief?  🤣  IF so, it's working because she definitely brought the laughs - oh wait - the SET UP for the laughs in this episode.  

Imani's drooling about the color of Nate's shirt opened the door for Elena to smoothly - ever so smoothly - shift the topic of shirt color to decorating colors for the home she shares with Nate!!!  When the person you're talking to (ie Imani) looks as if she is having a root canal, you know you have hit your mark.   Brava Elena!!  

This is the THIRD time that Elena has bested Imani in a one-on-one - and the best.

BTW, for anyone who might be seeing some chemistry between Nate and Imani - CORRECTION TIME!  The dynamic energy in these scenes is between the two women, Elena and Imani, with Nate mostly as a bystander. 

Nate sure does look pretty, but it seems that the dull mode can apply to both Hamilton-Hastings cousins at times. 

• Love 18

I like Imani better than Amanda. I was okay with Amanda but talking Devoid into going after baby Dominic was very low. Her choice of friend is extremely questionable too. Anyone that likes spending time with Phyllis has got to have some mental deficiencies.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
40 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I like Imani better than Amanda. I was okay with Amanda but talking Devoid into going after baby Dominic was very low. Her choice of friend is extremely questionable too. Anyone that likes spending time with Phyllis has got to have some mental deficiencies.

I've thought that Amanda has received very "protected" writing during most of her time in Genoa City.  The Little Orphan Amanda theme has been heavily played to make her vulnerable and sympathetic to the general audience.  She was kept completely free of direct blame in the contrived cheating story which ended Devon and Elena's relationship and paved a very easy path to her dead sister's home and widower husband. 

But this last week, that protective armor sure was removed and she was fully exposed as mostly a d*mn fool and a bit of strident witch in the way she angrily pushed Devon to sue.  And then laughing about Phyllis running someone over with a car???  Amanda, really???

Can't say I'm an Imani fan yet, though.   She does bring some laughs; however, so far, she is too one-note and over-the-top for me to know if I will like her.  I need to see layers and depth eventually.  Playing for shock and giggles is fun for a while, but not indefinitely.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 1/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, TVForever said:

It's infuriating, but that's just Traci. Don't forget, she manages to be kind/gracious to Victor, who carries Colleen's heart in his chest, AFTER he was the one indirectly (or directly, depending on who you ask) responsible for her death!

Agreed. They have really great chemistry, and Show seems to make it clear that Adam likes her and thinks of her than he wants to, but yeah, Sally is coming off as WAY TOO THIRSTY, when she doesn't need to. They like each other, let the slow build happen on it's own. 

Yeah, Show is clearly chem-testing Chelsea with Rey and Noah. I definitely see the Rey thing happening at some point, especially as Nicholas has declared his "newfound (for the 87th time)" appreciation for his family, including Sharon. When he said that, I could only think, "Uh-oh". Nick's feeling lonely, he'll want to glom onto Sharon, she won't be able to draw any boundaries around her marriage (again), Rey's going to feel all jealous and butt-hurt (again), and he'll start turning to Chelsea for comfort and validation. Etc, etc...

It's a Southern thing! 😋 I love some salmon and grits!

Aside from Sally being thirsty, does she use lip fillers? If she doesn’t, I apologize, but her mouth is spot on trout like. Why do some turn out that way? Unfortunate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/7/2022 at 6:54 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh FFS, who asked for another shirtless Billy scene? Who? Gah, I think the least JT could do is get a spray tan when he has to show his bare chest and arms. That pale, clammy skin looked sickly to me.

Making every one avoid white fish

Adam must be a glutton for punishment if he's willing to pay to have Chelsea in his face all day. Connor is just a convenient excuse for her. But in what universe does Sally think it's her job to guard Adam's office? I wish they could find a better storyline for her.

Loved Lily's boots.

Now Billy has to go to Chicago to meet with Jill? He can't just call her or videochat? Hmm, he might be up to something he doesn't want Lily to know about.

Dafuq was going on with Chloe's hair? 😱

Phyllis sued by an unhappy customer. Yawn. Yet again she plays the self-righteous victim who emerges victorious from the flames like a...uh, glovebox participle.

Ehhh, Traci. Billy is your brother, not your son. You're just like Ashley, always siding with the Newmans against your own family. 🤨

Ditto comments upthread, that was a nice moment between Lily and Traci. Their Colleen connection is one bit of history the show hasn't retconned in an unfortunate way.

Nate, the way to shut up the hospital gossips is to marry Elena, or at least get engaged and set a wedding date. A boss shacking up with their subordinate is generally going to be problematic at

Yeah, I think either Billy is up to another scheme or the writers are getting ready to kill him off in a snowy plane crash into Lake Michigan.

your keyboard to the producers ears

the previews, I've been a fan of Michael letting his hair go white/gray but IMO the beard is giving him a Santa Claus vibe. 'Tis not the season. 😼

when he sees his wife's wardrobe he goes HoHoHOE!

On 1/7/2022 at 10:10 PM, SweePea59 said:

Whoever (or whomever?) taught that kid to act should be punished because that child's acting is a crime.

The Nickelodeon Richie Petrie school of acting

19 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

The whole stupid 'baby' story with Devon is so they can DNA little Dombowie and figure he's a stich in time. Nah that might be good enough to make me actually watch the show instead of hitting delete all and watching youtube videos on how to make bread with elmers glue and redit stories about how my crazy ex stole my car and is now spending my inheritance shacking up with my sister AND and my mom!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Same. I thought Amanda was decent, her forced friendship with Phyllis not withstanding, but thanks to Devoid (lol good one!), I still found her kind of boring at times. Not quite as boring as Elena or Nate, but still. And I kind of resented that the TIIC created her instead of just resurrecting Hilary as MM seemed to have more fun/passion playing Hilary. Either way Amanda was relatively okay and I was just going to keep passively ignoring her, and Devon until the writers came up with this dumb as shit baby SL. 

But as much as a clusterfuck that SL is, three characters I could give a shit about at this point being in a C grade love triangle just might take the cake. 

That’s terrible news that Burgi is leaving. I’m guessing Billy will cheat on Lily with Victoria down the road.

What's really fucked up is that I read this, and my first thought was "poor Victoria" and I don't even like Victoria! But I guess that's just how much Lily and Billy piss me off these days. But for real, imagine being with Ashland only to go back to, mediocre Buttbiscuit because TIIC don't know what else the fuck to do with your character? Here's hoping TPTB just recasts Ashland. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11