Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 12/28/2021 at 5:16 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I hope Jack is getting together with a former lover in NYC for NYE

Not a former lover, but isn't Tara-ra-boom-d-a in NYC? Is she in prison yet, or still on trial?  Though, I doubt Jack would ever consider a relationship with her.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kimboweena said:

Not a former lover, but isn't Tara-ra-boom-d-a in NYC? Is she in prison yet, or still on trial?  Though, I doubt Jack would ever consider a relationship with her.

Tara was arrested and sent away in one episode. I think tptb wanted to get rid of her as she didn’t land with viewers.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

TPTB really out here having most of Genoa City powdering/kissing Chelsea's ass aren't they? Abby pissed me off when she essentially said she'd browbeat anyone that would dare hold Chelsea to account for her actions. Rey can be chummy with Chelsea all he wants to but, he better shut his ass up about Adam from here on out. 

Lily you were so close to making sense, what she doesn't realize is that, like Victoria, Buttbisuit can't be trusted either. Even as she just witnessed it with her own eyes but she won't believe it. 

Victoria is an eternal disappointment. She's haughty & faithless as fuck. Even if she's fed up with her father and brothers enough to fuck them over(I don't see how when she's cut from the same cloth, she can't complain about them anymore than they can about her) siding with the embodiment of pissbaby is not the way to do it. Fuck her and I hope this blows up in her frosty face too. 

I was spiritually, physically, and mentally cringing at NotBilly's whining today. ChanceComm is just the latest of his screw ups. Brash & Sassy, Jabot, and ChanceComm and now he thinks he entitled to ruin Newman Media too? OMFG and he calls himself a victim when he wrote a day late and dollar short expose about Adam that sent Faith into a downward spiral that ended with her almost getting killed. She's a minor and was a victim but since her last name is Newman, Nostrils here could give a fuck. This is reputation he wants to save? No one gives a damn to begin with much more interesting people in GC than you shithead. If anyone does care to know, then they already know that in general, you fucking suck. Also, his attempted emotional manipulation of Victoria was truly disgusting, she doesn't owe you a motherfucking thing Billy. No one does. You were a garbage husband, you are a garbage father/son/brother/boyfriend/uncle/uncle-in-law/brother-in-law/son-in-law. And you are even trash garbage. You get exactly what you put into the world. I'm gonna take a moment to sincerely apologize to all the trash/garbage around the world. I'm so sorry, I compared you to Billy Buttbiscuit Abbott. I hope the trash/garbage can forgive me for comparing them to this waste of space😢

He wants Adam and Victor to admit they were wrong, maybe he should admit he was wrong for trying to kill Adam twice and getting another man killed in the process, his deplorable revenge fling with Summer, and for leaving Delia alone in a car at night. Since he wants to play Mr. Morality. Go hard or go home Buttbiscuit. And by home I mean a landfill (sorry again). 

Josh Griffith and co. need to take their mouths off of Billy's dick and write about characters we can actually root for. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Love 22
49 minutes ago, Skarzero said:

I was spiritually, physically, and mentally cringing at NotBilly's whining today. ChanceComm is just the latest of his screw ups. Brash & Sassy, Jabot, and ChanceComm and now he thinks he entitled to ruin Newman Media too? OMFG and he calls himself a victim when he wrote a day late and dollar short expose about Adam that sent Faith into a downward spiral that ended with her almost getting killed. She's a minor and was a victim but since her last name is Newman, Nostrils here could give a fuck. This is reputation he wants to save? No one gives a damn to begin with much more interesting people in GC than you shithead. If anyone does care to know, then they already know that in general, you fucking suck. Also, his attempted emotional manipulation of Victoria was truly disgusting, she doesn't owe you a motherfucking thing Billy. No one does. You were a garbage husband, you are a garbage father/son/brother/boyfriend/uncle/uncle-in-law/brother-in-law/son-in-law. And you are even trash garbage. You get exactly what you put into the world. I'm gonna take a moment to sincerely apologize to all the trash/garbage around the world. I'm so sorry, I compared you to Billy Buttbiscuit Abbott. I hope the trash/garbage can forgive me for comparing them to this waste of space😢

He wants Adam and Victor to admit they were wrong, maybe he should admit he was wrong for trying to kill Adam twice and getting another man killed in the process, his deplorable revenge fling with Summer, and for leaving Delia alone in a car at night. Since he wants to play Mr. Morality. Go hard or go home Buttbiscuit. And by home I mean a landfill (sorry again). 

Josh Griffith and co. need to take their mouths off of Billy's dick and write about character's we can actually root for. 

Your whole post is a thing of truth and beauty but the highlighted section is perfection!

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Valmarmar said:

I feel lost. Can someone tell me who Christian's bio parents are?  I know I was watching then, but maybe just half - watching !!!   Thanks !!!!

Christian's bio-parents are Sage - deceased, and Adam.   Sage conceived the kid after a one night stand with Adam while she was married to Nick.  Serial hijinks, dead babies, stolen babies, switched babies, crazed Sharon and a terminal car wreck later, Christian ended up with Nick who thought the kid was his biologically.  Adam made some attempts on his resurrection to claim the kid but it was all half-hearted and gave up any claims to the boy because Nick is "the world's greatest DOD".

Since then, Connor locked him in the garage and since nobody noticed, he's been living in the walls ever since.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Could Mariah and Tessa be more glowing when they are talking about starting a family with Sharon.  They both realize adoption is their best course of action. Today it’s much easier for same sex couples to adopt because society and laws are behind same sex couples but let’s see what monkey wrenches TIIC throw in their path. 

They're acting like they're just going to go to the baby store, (as soon as they get the apartment over the coffee shop), and bring one home that day.

Didn't Mariah live in that apt already a long time ago? I keep thinking she did for awhile.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Now Chelsea wants Adam back so she's bullshitting him about the apartment? She is so toxic. If this is going to be some Chels/Adam/Sally triangle - yuck - then Chelsea has ruined the Sally/Adam pairing. Sally and Adam are the only good thing going on on this show. It's such a shame it's all so lousy now. When I saw Kevin today I was thinking that he's very under-used. Then I thought, no it's better that they don't write for him because they'll just make him and whatever his story is into a boring stupid mess. And this is the guy who saw people with chipmunk heads. (Gloria was the best chipmunk head.) But you know they would write things worse now. The show is just awful now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think Chance would like to take Devon up on his offer but doesn’t want to tell Abby. 
Chloe has her hands full trying to keep two of her friends from Adam.

I could be wrong, but i dont feel C is bonding with  Dom at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Not sure why Chelsea thinks Adam would want to spend NYE alone with her. He's already told her they are 🎶never, ever, ever, getting back together🎶.

Elena, Nate, and Devon are all well-off people and don't need to be schlepping moving boxes around when they could pay others to do it. Others who aren't rolling in dough and could use the work. Pshht. 😐

Loved the way Chance rolled his eyes at Abby. Even he's getting lowkey exasperated with the way she expects everyone follow her rules and just play the role she's designated for them.

It's a fearful day in neighborhood when Chloe is the voice of reason. Meanwhile, does Adam have a third leg (🍆) or is it just that he's a wealthy Newman bachelor? Meh, so are Noah and Nick and they're not exactly relationship prizes either.

IMO noseypants Lauren needs to mind her own beeswax. Jack is capable of handling his romantic life without her help. He might not appreciate her presumption otherwise, despite their being longtime friends. 😒

Adam's mental alarms should've gone off the moment he knew Connor wasn't there at the penthouse and Chelsea started doing her gaspy talking. 😱

Kevin shading Adam was rich given his own history. Yo chipmunk boy, remember that time you statutorily raped Lily and gave her an STD? How about you concentrate on the grace that's been bestowed upon you after all your sins and shut up. 🤨

Good grief, Chelsea. Stop acting like you're the first person who ever had a marriage break up. You've been divorced or widowed multiple times so get over yourself with your crocodile tears. If you need a man so badly, your ex Nick is free again. So's his son. 😏

Lawyer up, Abby. Even if Devon doesn't have a sound legal argument wrt Dominic, you made this mess and gave him an opening. AFAIC you need to fix it.

Re the preview, what are the odds that while Chelsea is shrieking at Adam about Sally, Red 2.0 will be lurking and smirking right outside his office? I'll take Sure Things for $500, GhostAlex. 😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 9

I dread a probable custody battle; I dread more Abby, Devon and Chance.  Actually, Chance is the only one I am not sick to death of.  I dread Chelsea and her brand of crazy. I dread Billy winning.  I dread Victoria being a smug, conceited bitch.  I dread Chloe repeating how terrible Adam is.  Constantly. I dread Sally over-emoting. And her smugness. I dread Nicki and her smugness about Adam; she has killed more people than he has...hasn't she? I dread Lily being an enabler.  And being the most under-qualified CEO on this show.  Now THAT is saying something.  

I dread seeing Devon every time that I see Devon; I dread seeing Phyllis on my screen and her probable upcoming romance with Jack; I dread Jack with his chirpy baritone, being friend to all; I dread seeing Adam still being a pariah.  I dread seeing Noah anytime I see him. The actor is very good- looking so how about Show find him an appropriate love interest.  Sally and Lily and Amanda come to mind.  Although now I don't think Lily deserves a love interest of any kind; she needs to be put in "couples' purgatory" for awhile.

That's about it; forgive if I have left anyone out. Lauren's terrible taste in hair and fashion..forgot that one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Abby Abby Abby, you owe a heck of a lot more to Mariah than Devon. Mariah was pregnant for nine months and Devon’s real involvement was about 1 minute.  Would Abby be so amendable if Mariah wanted shared custody?  Abby seems that Bowie was actually like getting a new toy. After a while it gets boring and wouldn’t be all that unhappy letting someone else play with it.  Well color me surprised. Abby actually grew a backbone and stood up to Devon. Kudos Abby kudos.  

Now I understand why Rodan the Petty and Lauren the Entitled are such good friends because they are both vindictive bitches.  

Chloe I got news for you. Chelsea is far from being a good catch. Chelsea’s venom  is lethal just ask Rey.  Sharon is now in Chelsea’s rear view mirror and her obsession has turned to Sally. Chelsea’s therapy really didn’t work. You know Chelsea’s obsession would be much better a few months ago when she couldn’t speak. Even her acting was better when she was just able to sit in the chair. 

What’s worse today than Chloe and Chelsea?  It’s Chloe and Kevin or maybe Rodan the Petty and Lauren the Entitled. 

HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTH NEW YEAR!

• Love 15

Watching Lily's reactions to Billy and Victoria's 'negotiations' in her own living room had be laughing so hard. Did you notice that Billy was fine with working for Victoria at Newman Media instead of with you at Chancelor Industries, Lily?  Did you notice that when Victor put her heel on Billy's neck, he pivoted his plan from 'truth and justice' to just sticking it to Adam and Victor?

You man has no spine or morals, Lily. He isn't misunderstood or have noble intentions. He just showed you who he is - take heed and proceed at your own risk.

Ironic that Chloe is all in a tizzy about Chelsea letting Adam back into her head when Chloe is doing the same damn thing being so preoccupied with who Adam is dating, what Sally is doing, and managing Chelsea to focus on work and not Adam when they work for Adam! And the fact she and Kevin could talk about Adam and his crimes and judge him without ANY self-awareness was laughable. They all belong in prison several times over.

But with Kevin appearing I gotta ask - is there a reason why hacker extraordinaire Kevin couldn't have investigated the alleged hacking at ChanceComm by Newman Media? Kevin hates Adam and would totally be down to help Billy take him out. Add in that he forever owes Lily for the crap he pulled on her and I'm baffled why they didn't at least play this card; it would at least show Billy tried to do find proof of the crime before resorting to his current plan of entrapment and actually put Chloe in the middle as she tries to protect her business at Newman Media even as she'd love for Adam to go down in flames.

Booooyyy Abby was PISSED with Devon's request. So much so that she didn't get a wink of sleep and as soon as they crossed paths again she pulled him outside to have it out with him over his motives. Of course Abby's concern was that Devon has issue with *HER* parenting which shows her continued self-involvement rather than focusing on the fact that regardless of the hurdles she and/or Chance have with Dominick a) ALL first time parents have to learn and adjust and grow into parents and b) their adjustment period is none of Devon's business or concern. Unless he found Dominick left alone in his stroller outside in the park on a freezing night or with an inebriated Chance, Dominick is not his child to monitor and she really shouldn't be concerned with his judgements on her or Chance's parenting.

Rey, Mia was too good for you - and I say this after her accidentally nearly killing Lola.  Man, how are you gonna flirt with the woman who this past year only saw you as a means to an end to get revenge on her husband and your wife and thought so little of your life that she POISONED you and put you in the hospital? Rey, check out Chelsea's rap sheet prior to her years with Adam and you'll see she can be quite cunning, devious, and calculating on her own to get what she wants and Adam didn't *make* her do anything. This woman beaned your WIFE on the hand with a coffeepot and left her for dead at Crimson Lights with nary an Adam in sight and you smile and simper at her and talk about wanting to be a dad? I cannot wait until she sticks a knife in your ribs when it suits her. And if you're dumb enough to eventually date her, you thought Adam was a pain in your ass before? He'll be all up in you butt with you trying to step-father his son. Ugh.

Going back to Devon talking with Lily re her surrogacy experience, oddly I think Adam's experience with Christian could apply here too. Adam (oddly to me) gave up his son for Sage and Nick to raise and was pretty much cool with Nick raising him with the minor blip upon his return a few years ago when he wanted to get to claim him.  Granted it wasn't a surrogacy situation but it was a situation where the biological father gave up his son for what he believed (or they had Adam say) was the better situation for the child at the time. Honestly, I think Adam would've claimed his kid Chelsea be damned given his issues with Victor and Chelsea could either get on board with his having another kid (making her the Nikki to his Victor, LOL) or not.  I never understood why TPTB made Adam Christian's father rather than Nick since they dumped him with Nick anyway. But I digress, Adam discussing his POV with Devon in letting Christian go and the complicated feelings and regrets that he has with him ultimately dropping his feelings to do what's best for Christian/the child seems like a good conversation for them to have.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Chloe is not Chelsea :)
  • Love 17
45 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Did you notice that Billy was fine with working for Victoria at Newman Media instead of with you at Chancelor Industries, Lily?

Big YEP to that!

46 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

is there a reason why hacker extraordinaire Kevin couldn't have investigated the alleged hacking at ChanceComm by Newman Media?

Great idea! Would like to have seen that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

But with Kevin appearing I gotta ask - is there a reason why hacker extraordinaire Kevin couldn't have investigated the alleged hacking at ChanceComm by Newman Media? Kevin hates Adam and would totally be down to help Billy take him out. Add in that he forever owes Lily for the crap he pulled on her and I'm baffled why they didn't at least play this card; it would at least show Billy tried to do find proof of the crime before resorting to his current plan of entrapment and actually put Chloe in the middle as she tries to protect her business at Newman Media even as she'd love for Adam to go down in flames.

Not only this, but Kevin should have been involved when Chloe was helping Chelsea with her nefarious scheme poisoning Rey Rey, being paralyzed, etc. The writing is so flimsy. There is a rich cast with a rich history and complexities and inclusions are easy here.

PS Tobinalbers - love your whole post!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I missed today’s show. Can anyone give me a quick update? Thanks!

It goes without saying that you didn't miss much, but here it goes... Chelsea was planning to invite Adam over for NYE fireworks, but Chloe inadvertently let it slip that Adam may have other plans with Sally.  Chelsea had a hissy fit and insisted Adam come talk to her so she could work some con on him and keep him away from Sally.   And Chloe is going to try to convince Adam to stay away from both Chelsea and Sally, since neither of them will heed her warnings to stay away from him.

Abby and Chance discussed Devon's request for shared custody without really coming to any decision, but Abby was clearly annoyed.  They decided to clear their heads and take the baby out for a walk when they ran into Devon at Crimson Lights.  Abby took Devon aside and let him have it.  I'm not exactly sure what reaction Devon was expecting when he made the request.

Phyllis will be spending NYE with Lauren and Michael and Chloe and Kevin, which sounds like a delightful evening.  She did send Jack a text wishing him a happy new year.   

I'm not as classy as Phyllis, so no text message from me, but I do wish all of you a happy, healthy 2022!  And my best wishes for a happy birthweek to our brilliantly twisted friend @boes!   

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 18

Is there a more worthless character than Chelsea?  She's not a nice person, or even arguably interesting (ala the Victors of the world).  She's not funny.   

She's just nuts.  Worse than Phyllis, IMO.  Because MS's Phyllis is such an absolute whackjob I can at least just laugh at her.  Chelsea is UGH. 

Yeah, dumb on you Abby for accepting your friend's weird "offer" to be the splooge donor, and she's still approaching this whole thing from a selfish perspective.  But all that said, I totally get why she and Chance would be freaked out at this whole situation.  

Devon is so completely self-unaware.  You have to know this kind of request is going to turn into a confrontation in an instant, and I think he gave away the game with his pissy reaction there at the end.  If you start asking for shared freaking custody, they're not going to want you around the kid, and they're gonna be right.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

I forgot in my long post to mention the point in Abby and Devon's conversation that had me wanting to clock him was when he put up his hands as if in surrender and said something along the lines of 'I never would've asked if I knew you and Chance would get so defensive...'

Defensive? Are you kidding me, Devon?

That he chose to use a word to make it seem like Abby's reaction was out of proportion or inappropriate was insulting.

Sir, you asked to have shared custody of a child not even six months old with his parents because you realize now that you aren't so happy with giving up your firstborn child and want to break the contract that you agreed to and signed.  Any parent would be pissed off beyond belief at the sperm donor's audacity; Abby's not being defensive, she's scared and confused and hurt that someone she thought was her friend, who OFFERED to help, and totally on board with the agreement discussed by and agreed to by both parties and is now backtracking and threatening the very fragile family she was just able to put back together after her in utero baby and his surrogate were kidnapped by her ex-husband and her current husband nearly being blown to smithereens and then MIA and presumed dead. This woman is fighting to keep it and her husband and their family together and finally thought they were at least through the worst of it since she had her child and husband safely at home and then you come tip toeing in with your selfish request wrapped in 'I'm just thinking of what's best for Dominick' to upset that delicate balance?

Check yourself, my friend. You know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot you'd have told Abby/Chance to go to hell in that first conversation no if's, and's, or but's. Chance and Abby were both amazingly gracious in that conversation and Abby was the right amount of pissed off when she finally called you out on your crap.  If you want a child so badly now then discuss your options with Amanda or find yourself your own surrogate.

Honestly, I wish the show had just had Elena end up pregnant earlier this year when she and Devon had their 'closure' and she went hopping back to Nate inside of a few days.  That was some organic drama they could've milked with Devon either ending up with his own bio kid through Elena or if the child ended up being Nate's that it makes sense why his baby rabies is so intense that he gloms onto Domnick so hard.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I forgot in my long post to mention the point in Abby and Devon's conversation that had me wanting to clock him was when he put up his hands as if in surrender and said something along the lines of 'I never would've asked if I knew you and Chance would get so defensive...'

Defensive? Are you kidding me, Devon?

That he chose to use a word to make it seem like Abby's reaction was out of proportion or inappropriate was insulting.

Sir, you asked to have shared custody of a child not even six months old with his parents because you realize now that you aren't so happy with giving up your firstborn child and want to break the contract that you agreed to and signed.  Any parent would be pissed off beyond belief at the sperm donor's audacity; Abby's not being defensive, she's scared and confused and hurt that someone she thought was her friend, who OFFERED to help, and totally on board with the agreement discussed by and agreed to by both parties and is now backtracking and threatening the very fragile family she was just able to put back together after her in utero baby and his surrogate were kidnapped by her ex-husband and her current husband nearly being blown to smithereens and then MIA and presumed dead. This woman is fighting to keep it and her husband and their family together and finally thought they were at least through the worst of it since she had her child and husband safely at home and then you come tip toeing in with your selfish request wrapped in 'I'm just thinking of what's best for Dominick' to upset that delicate balance?

Check yourself, my friend. You know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot you'd have told Abby/Chance to go to hell in that first conversation no if's, and's, or but's. Chance and Abby were both amazingly gracious in that conversation and Abby was the right amount of pissed off when she finally called you out on your crap.  If you want a child so badly now then discuss your options with Amanda or find yourself your own surrogate.

Brilliant post, TobinAlbers !  I'm choosing to believe that Devon's complete lack of understanding of how tone-deaf and offensive his entitlement to Dominic is just that - being a bonehead - and not some sort of supreme passive-aggressive behavior.  So far, he's gotten Amanda and Nate to do the heavy lifting in justifying his obsession and gotten shirty with Abby because she wasn't gushing over how great he's being to want to play Daddy with her kid.  And it's her kid, not his.  

What burns me the most about this storyline is, other than him signing on to be the donor, that if there's anyone in Genoa City who should be celebrating family based on love and not biology, it should be him.  He idolized Neil - when he wasn't sleeping with Neil's wife - and gave Tucker a shoulder colder than a Wisconsin blizzard.  He's very close with his adoptive sister and cousin, who he shares no "blood" with, while having little to nothing to do with the bio-relatives he has through Katherine, or his bio mom or dad.  Any issues he does have with his own upbringing aren't things he should try to fix through a relationship with Dominic.

Besides, this overarching argument seems to be Dominic's well-being, something Devon has romanticized beyond reason.  The kid is well cared for, loved, cosseted, fed, picked up, cuddled, loved, etc.  I call b.s. on a kid that young having a special relationship with anyone unless that person is breast feeding him and that's not happening.

Abby's "Baby Chancellor" team or whatever she called it was idiotic but he signed on like everyone else did.  Time for him to figure out another way to fill his days.  And beyond time for Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate to shut it.

I also call foul on what Abby said about Devon being on to Stitch right away.  Not true.  Mariah had qualms about Stitch practically immediately and it was Devon who told her she was wrong and Stitch was a-okay.

I've never disliked Gaspy McBreathless very much, mostly because I felt she and her character got the shaft on AMC when she thrown under the bus repeatedly to prop up Cameron Mathison and his character.  I know, I know, different show and different times but that's how my lunacy leans at times.  I'm done with all that.  Time is UP, Chelz.  Her swanning around town, everyone acting like they missed her cheerful face when she's at least at Kevin-level of awful in her crimes is bullshit.  At this point I don't think even Adam deserves to be stuck with her.

Also, Sally.  I like her.  Show ruined Lola, Show is shoving Phyllis back towards Jack, Nick is inexplicably on screen far too much and ButtBiscuit is eating the show like sentient battery acid AGAIN.  Chelz is one moronic moobster too far.  

Begone, and take Connor,  that little Dobbie wanna be with you.

giphy.gif

Go on, git!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

Happy New Year's to all! If Phyllis had enough insight or integrity to make s resolution,  she might start by considering that both Nick and Jack's families detest her, and resolve to start anew in a relationship not ladden with such baggage. Possibly in Milan....

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Happy New Year's to all! If Phyllis had enough insight or integrity to make s resolution,  she might start by considering that both Nick and Jack's families detest her, and resolve to start anew in a relationship not ladden with such baggage. Possibly in Milan....

Phyllis becoming self aware?

image.png.8d56bc9bcf892435c0566cdc4d76591b.png

• LOL 17

No show today so I’ll share what I’d like to see happen in 2022:

Phyllis disappears on New Years Eve and is never heard from again. The Grand Phoenix closes. Devon and Lily revitalize the Athletic Club.

Devon strikes legally for joint custody of Dominic. Abby tries to force Amanda to get pregnant and give Devon his own baby. She drugs them both and gets Stitch to perform IVF on her.  

Victor finds out what Billy is up to and pays all the local bartender to spike Billy’s apple juices with a tasteless vodka. In no time Billy is gambling and boozing. Jack checks him into rehab and after 3 months Billy emerges looking and acting like a new man. 

Amandas sister returns and Nate develops feelings for her.

Adam and Sally have a whirlwind romance and have the wedding of the year. Chelsea sinks into a depression and Rey comforts her in bed. Sharon reunites with Nick and throws Rey and Chelsea a thank you bash.

Victorias kids escape from boarding school and torture Victoria. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Amandas sister returns and Nate develops feelings for her.

Funny you should mention that.  I'm watching Monday's US show and Amanda has overplucked her eyebrows and looks just like Hilary (not Imani) LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Victor finds out what Billy is up to and pays all the local bartender to spike Billy’s apple juices with a tasteless vodka. In no time Billy is gambling and boozing. Jack checks him into rehab and after 3 months Billy emerges looking and acting like a new man. 

This is brilliant!  And I can see Victor doing this...please, writers...make this happen.  Simply simply brilliant.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Chelsea in that red lipstick wasn't working for me. I couldn't figure out what vibe she was going for. It'll take more than crimson lips to pull a guy who keeps saying he's really most sincerely done with her.

I liked Sharon's NYE dress though I wish she'd gone with a darker color. Abby, however, looked to me like she got dressed in the dark and had no idea what she was putting on.

IMO Ray looked suave and debonair in his tux but has he lost weight? His arms seemed a lot smaller to me.

Loved Amanda's hair. Then there were the eyebrows. I'll just leave my thoughts on them unsaid. 😕

So what was in the Society's signature NYE cocktail? Looked like a mimosa.

At Chancellor Mansion they'd already taken down the Christmas decorations but at Adam's penthouse the tree and things were still up. Huh?

Chelsea, if Connor looks at you and Adam and sees love he's delusional. All I see are desperation and pity.

Devon and Amanda went to the Groping Pinwheel for NYE. Ehhhh. Why not the GCAC? Whatever, apparently Phyllis already banished the Christmas stuff at her hotel too.

Did Chance cook Abby a frozen TV dinner or did he order a meal freshly delivered? Must be hard to be so rich that eating is almost an afterthought. 🙄

I'm thinking maybe Chance should go back to work instead of sitting around agonizing about his failures in life. Then perhaps Abby would stop talking to him like he's a kid.

Society was empty except for Rey and Sharon (and the piped in crowd noises 😏). Didn't look like a party to me unless it was too early for the festivities to have started.

Caviar and smoked salmon, Sally? Did you forget the oysters? Trying too hard, hon. And I don't know about that "cold, sterile office" thing because surely you've heard of couch sex. It's all the rage in GC right now. 😒

Loves me some cake but there is no way I'm eating a slice that's been sitting in a freezer for a year. Yuck. 🤢

2022 in GC. Let's go!

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
On 12/31/2021 at 12:56 AM, TobinAlbers said:

Honestly, I wish the show had just had Elena end up pregnant earlier this year when she and Devon had their 'closure' and she went hopping back to Nate inside of a few days.  That was some organic drama they could've milked with Devon either ending up with his own bio kid through Elena or if the child ended up being Nate's that it makes sense why his baby rabies is so intense that he gloms onto Domnick so hard.

I am so near the YR exit door that I don't have often the enthusiasm to post.  However, this reference to the "who's the daddy story" that could and should have been piqued my interest.  I remember the promo which opened February last year and included only Devon, Elena and Nate.  This promo promised more of the kind of emotional drama these three had already shown they could deliver in the cheating, breakup story.  And, of course, Amanda would have been involved, too.  But what happened instead?  By the third week in February, Devon was offering his sperm to Abby.  And soon after Amanda was acting as if Devon had left the cap off the toothpaste instead of having slept - twice - with Elena, a woman for whom he still had professed feelings.  Soon after, Elena declared she was no longer in love with Devon - and now all four are happy friends who spend holidays together as if nothing happened.

Such is life in the drama-free zone that is YR.  Sure a WTD story is predictable and repetitive - BUT it's also SOAPY - and let's face it - YR is a soap!!  And you are right to say that there was some organic drama here - and not just for Devon, but for all four characters.  Whether the child was Nate's or Devon's, this drama could have happened!

But no - the soul-sucking, character-destroying community baby story took priority.   RME! 

• Love 15

Do I have to start calling Chelsea Breathless Mahoney?  She had to keep taking audible breaths to say her “❤️ felt” lines to Adam. 

I have to say that Sharon looked pretty good as she walked into Society than TIIC had to ruin it with a close up. 

Chelsea/Adam = 😴😴

Sharon/Rey the Chin = 🥱🥱

Amanda/Devon = 🥱🥱

Abby/Chance 2.0 = 🥱😴

SallyAdam = 🔥🔥🔥

Chance 2.0 needs a therapist. Anyone but Sharon.  

Chelsea bashes Sharon over the head and poisons Rey but still gets invited to sit with them as “Auld Lang Syne” plays in the background. What would Rey do if Sharon invited Adam to sit with them?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

How dense are Devon and the fools around him egging him on?  It isn't the request to spend more time with Dominic that has Abby peeved. It's that he wants to take legal action to make it happen.  How can they not see how out of line he was?

Sharon and Rey each licked their forks after feeding each other with them.  😨😷😱  That sent my OCD into overdrive.  I've had year-old frozen wedding cake before. It's not bad!

Adam and Sally have palpable chemistry, while Adam and Chelsea have zero.  You can't go wrong with any of those three movies, but I would have chosen Notorious and its "longest kiss in film history".  I can see Sally having a thing for Cary Grant.  Why did she leave Suspicion off of the list of options? 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

How dense are Devon and the fools around him egging him on?  It isn't the request to spend more time with Dominic that has Abby peeved. It's that he wants to take legal action to make it happen.  How can they not see how out of line he was?

Sharon and Rey each licked their forks after feeding each other with them.  😨😷😱  That sent my OCD into overdrive.  I've had year-old frozen wedding cake before. It's not bad!

Adam and Sally have palpable chemistry, while Adam and Chelsea have zero.  You can't go wrong with any of those three movies, but I would have chosen Notorious and its "longest kiss in film history".  I can see Sally having a thing for Cary Grant.  Why did she leave Suspicion off of the list of options? 

Or Rear Window?

• Love 11

My favorite movie with Cary Grant is “Monkey Business”. Because of Marilyn Monroe we have equal opportunity eye candy. Second only to “The Misfits” with Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe. More equal opportunity eye candy. 

• Love 6

OMG Traci was the ding dong darnit MVP of the day!  I love this woman and how she could be warm, funny, witty, smart and embrace EVERYONE from Phyllis to Adam to Victoria and also put them all in their place when needed.

Bow to this Queen because she did NOT let Victoria get the last word in their conversation and rolled up into her office to let her position be made clear and put Victoria on notice just who she would hold responsible if things with Billy went south.

I mean let's break it down-

-Traci sees Billy and immediately lets him know she knows his secret (Jack is such a snitch, LOL) and tells him she is not gonna stand by and watch him pull his mess but that she also had a life and things to do but she's gonna be watching.

-She then has a lovely convo with Adam where even when he was being a little twerp-ish she wished him well and tried to appeal to him putting down the swords as well. Phyllis eavesdropping ruined it because I wanted them to keep chatting!

-Then Traci goes back to the Trio of Dumbness to warn them again of not doing anything stupid only to get snottily shut down by Billy and Victoria.

-And finally she pays a visit to Victoria's office to tell her what's what.

I know Traci would never betray her brother even when he's being stupid, but how I would LOVE if she rolled up into Adam's office and told him what was up to blow Billy and Victoria's crap plan up. 

But wait, even more great stuff happened in this episode!

-Lily and Billy realizing Victoria owns their asses as long as they go down this road and looking miserable about it the entire time

-The number of times you could literally see the thought bubble of 'FML' as Billy listened to Victoria, then Lily, then Traci chew him out, and then all the women busting him out together.

-The number of times you could literally see the thought bubble of 'FML' as Adam listened to Chloe, then Chelsea, then Phyllis, and then Chelsea, Chloe, and Sally again at the end, LOL.

That Billy and Adam were actually unknown brothers in arms in how their NY Day had them ducking all these women making swings and orders and ultimatums at them had me rolling. They both wanted to look like they wanted to crawl into a hole and hide or have a reset/redo for the day.

Now on the serious note - Victoria and Billy targeting Adam's relationship with his son is a shitty move. They both have said they wouldn't bring the kids into it and then Victoria tried to pivot into that being a part of their plan. At least Billy was resistant and was smarter trying to target Adam's relationship with Victor because he's right - it's a shitty one, LOL. Driving a wedge between them (if they allow it) is the smarter move and benefits Victoria since she wants Victor for herself, LOL. If Billy and Victoria proceed in any way bringing in Connor, Adam can unleash on them with my blessing.

Adam's 'I belong to no one' to Chelsea had me alternately laughing and nodding. The man is trying with Chelsea and she just won't damn listen!  Adam finally snapping at Sally as he called her out on her play acting and goading Chelsea says he's had enough of this contest and Chloe's words hit home. We'll see.

Speaking of Chloe's talk with Adam - she made a pretty good argument and was actually not hostile but appealed to Adam's sense of protectiveness for Newman Media. She was right on the money that both Sally and Chelsea are ticking time bombs and he needs to defuse the situation ASAP. I'll concede that Chloe never thought that Adam and Sally would connect so she couldn't have seen that coming but she had to know that Chelsea working with Adam could never work in the long run. One of them would always be poking the other.

The only miss this episode was Phyllis but even I will say that the fact that all these people who HATE Phyllis just pop up at her hotel is dumb. If ya'll don't want her commentary go somewhere else! GCAC is missed as that's where bidness used to be done. By going to the Grand Phoenix ya'll are keeping her in business!

This ep was some comedy gold. I enjoyed it for the laughs and Traci's kicking butt.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 21

Was that Steely Dan playing over the sound system at the Gravitational Paintbrush or just a good imitation? Hard to imagine Phyllis having such excellent musical taste. Whatever, looked to me like she got her hairline lowered again. Oy. 😼

Adam, when you have a late "not a date" at the office your employees are likely going to notice and be curious. You should've had that mess cleaned up before anyone came in. And by "anyone" I mean noseypants Chloe.

Hey, there's a new employee at the hotel. Crystal was showing a blonde around in the background, and lo and behold, she and Crystal were wearing the same outfit! Oh noes! 😏

Vikki: my 2021 was great, Phyllis, so I didn't need to buy an overpriced escape fantasy package for NYE.
Phyllis: Victoria, you can't be serious. A great year? Not after all the dirt that came out about Ashland. He's no dream man.
Vikki: look at me. Is this the face of a woman who doesn't have a husband who's very generous where it counts the most? And who's got quite an endowment to supplement his cunning linguist skills?
Phyllis: no, but it is the face of a woman who's here instead of at home cuddled up with her charity case. Oh, did I say that out loud? Oops!

It would seem Newman Media lacks an HR department because in a lot of places Chloe might could make a case for Adam creating a hostile work environment. He's pitting Chelsea and Sally against each other over who gets to have him, their boss. NM is the battlefield and he's providing the weapons and ammo.

Keep it up, Chelsea. Sally has dealt with backstabbing, scheming, poorly dressed bimbos like you before. There may be a close encounter with a radiator in your future, lol. You were warned.

Sorry but Traci being so gracious to Adam and Phyllis didn't sit right with me. This is GC, not the Land of Oz, Traci. You are not Glinda the Good Witch and those two are way beyond having a house dropped on them. 🙁

Whoa, Chelsea was revving herself right up into jealous psycho mode again. Adam looked like he wanted to drop through a trap door under his desk when she started ranting about Sally. 🥴

Traci stepped to Victoria on Victoria's turf. Okay then. But she kind of half-assed it IMO because Victoria is a Newman and they don't have consciences to appeal to. AFAIC Traci should've taken a card from Nikki's Family Enforcer deck and threatened to kill Victoria if she hurts Billy. 😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was that Steely Dan playing over the sound system at the Gravitational Paintbrush or just a good imitation? Hard to imagine Phyllis having such excellent musical taste. Whatever, looked to me like she got her hairline lowered again. Oy. 😼

Adam, when you have a late "not a date" at the office your employees are likely going to notice and be curious. You should've had that mess cleaned up before anyone came in. And by "anyone" I mean noseypants Chloe.

Hey, there's a new employee at the hotel. Crystal was showing a blonde around in the background, and lo and behold, she and Crystal were wearing the same outfit! Oh noes! 😏

Vikki: my 2021 was great, Phyllis, so I didn't need to buy an overpriced escape fantasy package for NYE.
Phyllis: Victoria, you can't be serious. A great year? Not after all the dirt that came out about Ashland. He's no dream man.
Vikki: look at me. Is this the face of a woman who doesn't have a husband who's very generous where it counts the most? And who's got quite an endowment to supplement his cunning linguist skills?
Phyllis: no, but it is the face of a woman who's here instead of at home cuddled up with her charity case. Oh, did I say that out loud? Oops!

It would seem Newman Media lacks an HR department because in a lot of places Chloe might could make a case for Adam creating a hostile work environment. He's pitting Chelsea and Sally against each other over who gets to have him, their boss. NM is the battlefield and he's providing the weapons and ammo.

Keep it up, Chelsea. Sally has dealt with backstabbing, scheming, poorly dressed bimbos like you before. There may be a close encounter with a radiator in your future, lol. You were warned.

Sorry but Traci being so gracious to Adam and Phyllis didn't sit right with me. This is GC, not the Land of Oz, Traci. You are not Glinda the Good Witch and those two are way beyond having a house dropped on them. 🙁

Whoa, Chelsea was revving herself right up into jealous psycho mode again. Adam looked like he wanted to drop through a trap door under his desk when she started ranting about Sally. 🥴

Traci stepped to Victoria on Victoria's turf. Okay then. But she kind of half-assed it IMO because Victoria is a Newman and they don't have consciences to appeal to. AFAIC Traci should've taken a card from Nikki's Family Enforcer deck and threatened to kill Victoria if she hurts Billy. 😉

Joimiaroxeu, Ab Fab post all around, but the section I highlighted and underlined??  

On FIRE and ####KILLED#### me dead!

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Today we open with Nostrils the Weasel, Rodan the Petty, Chelsea, and Chloe, GC’s harbingers of a 💩💩 new year. 

I think I said this before but Nostrils the Weasel’s reputation is worth squat. Yes Nostrils the Weasel, take Adam and Victor to court believing your past behavior will not be brought up. Nostrils the Weasel is not only arrogant but delusional. 

Did Olive, Nostrils the Weasel, and Lily have to have their meeting in the Grand Albatross lobby?  I guess it was for TIIC could to torcher us with 5 minutes of Olive and Rodan the Petty trading verbal barbs.  I didn’t know that the Grand Albatross lobby has a “Cone of Silence”.  It actually kept Rodan the Petty from overhearing their conversations which she normally does. 

A bright spot today is a new green dress blonde at the Grand Albatross. She looks like she could be Faith’s sister.  

Chelsea is shooting down Sally’s ideas but the last time Chelsea had an idea, it died of loneliness.  Chloe is going to blow up the fashion line because of Chelsea.  Chelsea thinks she’s also Chloe’s boss and will shoot down even what Chloe thinks is a good decision because it came from Sally. 

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea get off your high horse. You’re a life long grifter and you think that your better than Sally. Chelsea has pulled off a hell of a lot more devious deeds than Sally. 

Traci you assume too much. Olive doesn’t have a conscience. 

• Love 9