Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

It was also very telling that Devon was both surprised and disappointed that Mariah wasn't very enthusiastic about his plan.  Instead of that giving him pause, he's ready to double down. 

I knew Chance would take this position.  Abby must feel like she's being gaslighted.  I agree that Chance needs therapy, but I think Devon does, too.   

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Once again I’m wondering if Ashland is faking his Illness?  He always looked too good for a man that was going through an experimental treatment.  Once again TIIC are not even trying to give us a dose of reality when it comes to cancer treatments.

I've thought this from the beginning. Ashland always had reasons for Victoria to not bother accompanying him to doctor appointments in NYC and Peru.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

It was also very telling that Devon was both surprised and disappointed that Mariah wasn't very enthusiastic about his plan.  Instead of that giving him pause, he's ready to double down. 

That was my reaction, too.  Devon and Amanda acting like it's some "gotcha" that Mariah couldn't respect boundaries, either, and expected she would similarly cheer on someone else trying to take the kid.  Uh, what?

Mariah was unwell and acting improperly, and Devon knew it at the time.  Not exactly the winning argument they seem to think it is.  

The guy can't seem to keep his story straight over whether this is about him being denied access- a lie-, or whether it's about Chance being incompetent. 

I'm trying to not judge Chance too harshly , but it's getting tough.  He's really undermining Abby here.  If anything, I think he's the one not listening to her.  The fact that he does appear to love Dominic and isn't otherwise some kind of threat is more than enough to work out on his own and to not be Devon's business.  And I think that's what Abby's saying, pretty reasonably so.  

Otherwise, it would need to get to the point that he truly doesn't want to be an actual father.  And if that's the case, he owes it to Abby to say so now.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, lgprimes said:

I had a glimmer of hope today that the MWTs have heard how much we all hate this custody story, and maybe they are pulling back and going to allow it to end

17 hours ago, boes said:

I think it will end with a whimper and not a bang - and I hope that whimper comes from Devon.

Most of the storylines have ended with a thud for a while now.  All that sound and fury from ButtBiscuit about his big "plan" and it ended because ....... he came to his senses?  Like that would ever happen.

Amanda and her court case against her grandfather ended mostly off screen.  We never saw a minute of that court case.  

I think this storyline will end in a similar fashion and leave nothing behind but a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Do they think that this is a unique and interesting twist on a Who's The Daddy storyline? Are those MWT's smoking their banana peels?

I am absolutely positively 100% expecting this craptastic storyline to just peter out. That's how all the storylines go with these MWT's. They start something, and it seems like it could be interesting, but they make it annoying, they fail to include characters and aspects that would make it more interesting, half of the story takes place off-screen, they do things that are illogical and make little to no sense, and then they manage to make it even more annoying, and if Syphyllis wasn't involved up 'til now they throw her in the mix, then they just fizzle it out and wrap it up in a real head-scratching way. And just like with bad food or bad sex, we're left going - it wasn't worth it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Why is Chance being such a wimp? This is the guy we're supposed to believe led the fight against international terrorism? This mewling, little damp hankie? Yeah, I'm not buying what you're selling Show.

Neither do I. The pandering to Devon is stupid. He has no right to go back on his word. Unfair to Abby. 

• Love 21

All these "bonding" discussions are ridiculous, because none of them are discussing something that is quantifiable and objectively MEASUREABLE. Tired of hearing all their subjective interpretations on their "bonding",  including Chelsea bemoaning with Chloe the "loss of a bond she thought was unbreakable". As for Chance, IMO he actually is looking like a pretty good parent by having self doubts, as opposed to spending his time (like Devon) as a back-stabbing know-it-all when Devon is actually  every bit as much of a novice parent and trauma survivor as Chance. And Abby. And Mariah. Ad infinitum! 

Edited by Julyolo
Clarification
  • Love 17

Sharon's pants were interesting. What's that look called? Faux Ho Chic? 😼

Chelsea's girls sure were perky and bouncy. It's like there's a whole separate story going on in her boobular area.  (Apparently MCE is still nursing her young child.)

What's Adam up to with Lily and Billy? Kinda sus. 🤔

Today I almost felt sorry for Chloe. Almost. Listening to Chelsea's constant delusional yammering about Adam must be soul-destroying.

So have the CI employees moved into the building where Lily is? That seems like an unnecessary change unless Lily is consolidating their GC locations into one site versus several. But lol, Lily's CEO office will probably continue to be treated like the town square with people just barging in wherever they want.

Real talk from Chloe to Chelsea. Gee, imagine Chloe being the voice of reason in light of her own past experiences with obsession. Guess that history helps her to have applicable insight. 🥴

Are we ever going to see Nate and Elena's place? All this discussion about the redecorating has made me rather curious. We pretty much haven't seen Nate's house since he bought it from Lily and Cane. Then while it was being completely remodeled he moved into the Grilled Piston.

It's ridiculous how Sharon uses the coffeehouse to provide ad hoc therapy sessions. I was sorta glad Abby called her out on it. Sharon sells her services cheap though, enough for it to be professionally unethical, I'd surmise.

Lily must feel like she's winning at life. She went from taking a job as Billy's corporate babysitter to getting promoted to CI's top seat. And she's enjoying a thriving relationship with her former co-worker who's now her subordinate. Yay for her? 🍾🥂🏆🥇

It's cracking me up how out on the soap interwebs some fans are now calling for Abby to divorce Chance since he's betrayed her in favor of Devon's effort to get co-custody of Dominic. Nah, I think she should just ground Chance to his bedroom and take away his cell phone and car keys until he gets back in line. 😏

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

Oh, Chance. You're intentions are good for the most part but you are not acting like a team player with your wife, dude. Running your mouth to Devon is part of what got this mess rolling and continuing to give him more ammunition is just hurting your wife and yourself more.

Although I do wonder if they're setting it up that Chance's head isn't in the game in re to Dominick and Abby and wants Devon there set up as daddy because he's thinking about bailing to go save the world again because it's all he knows.  This is the same crap they pulled with Frisco Jones over on General Hospital when he ducked out on his family (actor wanted to leave the show) - he had to go back to his spy organization to save the world. He even came back briefly to sire another kid with his onscreen wife before bouncing again due to the call of duty.

It is disappointing if they go in this direction with Chance as he would not be seen as noble and sacrificing but a coward abandoning his family.  If someone put it in those terms, maybe he would see how his actions are failing his 'team' (Abby and Dominick) and he'd work to get his head out of his ass. (I say this lovingly because I feel for the dude).

Having said that, Devon, even if Chance IS having issues that he's stupidly/naively communicated to you and Amanda that doesn't mean that Dominic needs YOU to step in LEGALLY to fill what is likely to be a temporary void. You can be all the things you want to that kid without taking Abby and Chance to court; you want to be legally recognized as that kid's father. Admit it! And stop trying to play like you were pushed into a corner, that you are sad you are upsetting Abby, and that you are NOT taking advantage of a man's psychological issues to get what you want. You're torn because you want to feel like you're the good guy when this is you pulling the same selfish shit you did to Neil when you bedded his wife.

Chloe pisses me off. She bashes Adam but wants to use his money and resources to further her career. She tells him to make it clear to Chelsea they are over and then gets mad at him when he is brutally clear about that and it upsets Chelsea. In this case, Adam ISN'T the problem, Chloe. Chelsea is. Why are you even friends with this woman?

Lily is a lovely woman but that suit and hair style left a bit to be desired for her first day as CEO. I thought her outfit as she stalked around town being snotty to Adam and then Ashland was much better and badass.

Billy being Lily's hype woman was...nice? But his just needing to lean into Adam to warn him off Lily was annoying. She already warned him off and didn't need you using her as an excuse to piss on Adam's leg. And I just don't see this arrangement ultimately working out although it is funny to note that Lily/Billy are supposed to be a mirror to Ashland/Victoria in the power couples on the show. Adam needs to find him a badass power woman.

Noted that Jill/Lily bought the entire building from Nick for Chancellor and Chelsea's looking for a new work space for Newman Media. Yeah, this Billy/Adam feud isn't over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
21 hours ago, lgprimes said:

That man is FINE. 

Yeah TIIC!! If there is anyone we should see shirtless it should be RB/Ashland! Not Buttbiscuit or Dickhead Devon!  

8 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Chloe pisses me off. She bashes Adam but wants to use his money and resources to further her career. She tells him to make it clear to Chelsea they are over and then gets mad at him when he is brutally clear about that and it upsets Chelsea. In this case, Adam ISN'T the problem, Chloe. Chelsea is. Why are you even friends with this woman?

This^^^, and I really wanted to reach into my TV screen and bitch slap Chole. I'm usually in the "Billy/Chole have good reasons to hate Adam"re Delia, even though I'm ok with Adam camp, and I suppose I still am(by a landslide), but do those two jackasses have to make it this difficult?! It really doesn't help that they were annoying before she was born, after, and would likely still be rotten if she were alive anyways. And they have gotten their revenge and then some if trying to kill him multiple times taking years off his life in the long run means anything. Billy is just trash and refuses to take responsibility for what happened but that's classic Billy. Chole I understood more as she isn't really responsible (unless you count having Billy Abbott's kid in the first place) as Adam or Billy for what happened to her. But at the same time? She needs to find a new job or keep her wrong opinions about Adam to herself. It makes perfect sense why her & Chelsea are friends, they're cut from the same crazy cloth lol. 

Dickvon your "intentions" are meaningless when faced with the impact. As if your intentions aren't purely selfish, a blind man could see that they are. How is Chance all of the sudden "hard to read" when you already declared him mentally unfit to parent a child? Nary a psychology degree/masters to your name. Which is it Dickvon? Since when do babies need to be around someone 100% happy go lucky all the time? If they do, then Dominic isn't going to be better off with you as long as Amanda lives there since she's got some baggage/trauma of her own, and who knows how/when it might manifest? Dominic could be effected by her childhood psychological wounds just the same. What if Tucker or Harmony, as grandparents don't think Amanda is well enough to step-parent Dom with you, and sue your hypocritical ass for custody? 

TIIC continue to live up to their name by making Chance a pushover for a lackluster character like Devon. Chance is definitely not protecting his wife & son the way he should, I've been lenient with him but his family is clearly under attack and instead of going on the offensive he's putting bullets in Devon's gun. Continuing to talk to him when he has already proven to be an untrustworthy opportunist, with a lawyer(and fall guy) in his pocket. He should've been putting Dickvon on the spot about not being able to stand his blood son call someone else dad. I mean Chance has yet to take notice of how permeant Devious Devon sees this "reasonable" arrangement. He hasn't uttered a word about this being temporary or until Chance gets xyz amount of help they can go back to the original agreement no questions asked. This SL is about to surpass the stupidity level that Buttbiscuit's "act like the asshole I am" plan was on, if it hasn't already.   

• Love 21

He hasn't uttered a word about this being temporary or until Chance gets xyz amount of help they can go back to the original agreement no questions asked. This SL is about to surpass the stupidity level that Buttbiscuit's "act like the asshole I am" plan was on, if it hasn't already.   

At this point, even if they did alter the agreement to give Devoid more one on one time with little Dominion, who is to say  Devoid won't disregard it just like he did with the original agreement? Or take them to court yet again when he decides their mental/physical/ financial health isn't up to his standards?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
21 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I knew Chance would take this position.  Abby must feel like she's being gaslighted.  I agree that Chance needs therapy, but I think Devon does, too.   

I would never advocate violence, but if Abby was the only person to leave that apartment on tomorrow’s episode, I’ll gladly look the other way and provide an alibi. Chance… that’s something you tell your wife IN PRIVATE. And Domino only has one father!!

If Adam grants Chelsea’s request, that’s going to end up very badly for him.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

This shit is getting worse everyday. Devon becomes more selfish everyday and Chance 2.0 is become a bigger and bigger dick head and that turtle neck he’s wearing just accentuates it. WTF, Bowie doesn’t have time to sit around and wait for me to figure this out?  Who writes this shit?  Bowie is only just trying to figure out how to sit up and roll over.  Bowie’s biggest concern is getting fed and having his diaper changed. Bowie won’t figure out the concept of fatherhood for years and years even in soap opera time.  Bowie is definitely no Stewie Griffin of “Family Guy”?  

Is Sharon channeling her inner 1890’s barkeep outfit. All she needs is her tie down holster and her pearl handle colt45. 

I’m getting sick and tired of hearing how well deserved every important position that there is in GC is “well deserved”.  Only Summer’s position has nothing to do with family but it still isn’t “well deserved”.  

I hate to say this but I would rather watch Devon sulking, Chance 2.0 being a dickhead, Rodan the Petty flap her wings, or Nostrils and Lily soiling the couch than Chelsea’s and Chloe’s interactions. 

ChanceCom failed and Nostrils the Weasel and Lily ran ChanceCom and was discredited to the point that it basically failed. So what creditability would they hold as the CEO and COO of Chancellor. Put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig. Chance the sign, in the same office, from ChanceCom to Chancellor and you still get incompetents.  Nostrils the Weasel’s first official act as COO was to make Lily a fixed asset and screw her on the couch (an old accountant joke). 

Ok now I’m really pissed at this whole shit story line. Chance 2.0 not only sticks the knife in Abby’s back but twists it.  I don’t give 💩💩 about Devon giving his “donation”. He’s not Bowie’s father in my book.  OK Chance 2.0 has PTSD and most likely survivors guilt but does that mean he has to abandon Bowie?  I know this is a soap opera but I get the feeling that this shit ass story comes out that it’s TIIC’s feelings that most military veterans returning from deployment are incapable of being a good and loving parent.  This shit ass story should have Chance 2.0 back Abby 100% against Devon no matter how much he’s struggling.  He should be fighting to protect his family more than he was trying to protect his country.  Abby should send Chance 2.0 straight to Fairview and not pass go. 

I vote that Y&R change its name to the Boring and Delusional.  

I vote for it being called "Middle-Aged & Clueless".

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

I used to really like Chance. John Driscoll and Donny Boaz were nice to look at. This new guy could be nice looking but I think he wants to look as awful as TK’s Ridge. And he has all the personality of a wet mop. Team Abby here. 

Ugh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Are we ever going to see Nate and Elena's place? All this discussion about the redecorating has made me rather curious. We pretty much haven't seen Nate's house since he bought it from Lily and Cane. Then while it was being completely remodeled he moved into the Grilled Piston.

Show's budget is busted. They're probably saving up enough money to build another set.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Lol, Sharon- thinking that as long as someone doesn't tell her they're fine when they're not, then they MUST want to hear her shar-brained psych nonsense.  

Devon's a gaslighter extraordinaire.  It's that Abby reacted emotionally, and he's only doing this for Dominic, and that was he's asking for isn't meant to change anything.   All to avoid the reality that what he's doing is harmful and that it's irrelevant if he means for it to be or not.  

Or...maybe he's just an asshole? 

Abby's still the only one even getting close to addressing the real issue.  It doesn't matter if Chance isn't "ready" to be a father.  Lmao, NO ONE probably is.  The point is that he's not been shown in any way to dangerous or harmful, and is otherwise a loving parent.   The question is if he wants to be, and if he doesn't...wow, poor Abby.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Lol, Sharon- thinking that as long as someone doesn't tell her they're fine when they're not, then they MUST want to hear her shar-brained psych nonsense.  

Devon's a gaslighter extraordinaire.  It's that Abby reacted emotionally, and he's only doing this for Dominic, and that was he's asking for isn't meant to change anything.   All to avoid the reality that what he's doing is harmful and that it's irrelevant if he means for it to be or not.  

Or...maybe he's just an asshole? 

Abby's still the only one even getting close to addressing the real issue.  It doesn't matter if Chance isn't "ready" to be a father.  Lmao, NO ONE probably is.  The point is that he's not been shown in any way to dangerous or harmful, and is otherwise a loving parent.   The question is if he wants to be, and if he doesn't...wow, poor Abby.  

Perfect post, JNavarro.  

Watching Show can be such a slog these days and today was one of those days.  I'm puzzled as to why Show has decided to make Devon into another FF manchild, intent on what he wants, supported and cosseted by people who should know better.  Show doesn't have enough of those already with ButtBiscuit and Nick, Nate, Victor, fill-in-the-blank?  

I'm FF'ding as much as I'm watching these days.  I skipped any scene ButtBiscuit and/or Lily were in, everything with Sharon after she invaded Abby's personal space with her unwanted nonsensical advice and most of Devon and Chance. Devon is sooooooooooo close to ButtBuscuit and Nick territory these days that the difference is negligible.  Show seems intent on making characters either too repugnant to root or care for or too boring to bother with. 

Finally, something the showrunners seem to be good at.

Show is feeling far too much like the last days of All My Children.  That's really sad to me.

• Love 17

Show is feeling far too much like the last days of All My Children. 

Oh I don't know if I'd go that far. Yikes. ABC had pretty much given up on AMC and OLTL but I think CBS is determined to have the last daytime soap standing. I feel pretty confident it won't be B&B.

Also, I think a lot of the problems with Y&R right now are related to the pandemic and the things TPTB have to do to work around it while keeping the actors and other staff as safe as possible.

So I'm feeling a little pedantic this early a.m. and offer this: gaslighting someone is not the same as being disingenuous, and being disingenuous is not the same as holding or expressing a different but less than obvious view of a situation.

Abby may feel hurt, upset, and befuddled about Devon's actions and statements wrt to Dominic's custody but IMO she's not being gaslighted. Devon isn't deliberately trying to abuse, control, or manipulate her by challenging her perception of reality. Neither is Chance. I think it's possible though that both men have confusing emotions about the matter that they may need professional help sorting out so they can explain them to Abby.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh I don't know if I'd go that far. Yikes. ABC had pretty much given up on AMC and OLTL but I think CBS is determined to have the last daytime soap standing. I feel pretty confident it won't be B&B.

I hope you're right. It's just become such a slog lately and while some of it is clearly related to trying to film in this pandemic, the writing and characterizations seem all over the place.  At this point, the only character I wholeheartedly enjoy is Tessa. 

But, there's no Cameron Mathison and I guess I won't panic until Caleb Courtlandt shows up in town.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Dickvon said who knows what's going to happen now that lawyers are involved. And what dickhead brought lawyers into the equation in the first place?

When Dr. Nate and his expensive advice took Dickvon out for a run I was so hoping he would take him to the pet shop and buy him a puppy.

Oh, Chance, until very recently, baby raising was left to mothers and nannies/nurses/hired help. Why are you so I don't have it in me to give an infant what it needs? Your wife is there doing what needs to be done along with Louise the invisible nanny. (BTW, when Abby said she was going to check on Dom and Louise, I heard, "I'm going to go check on Dom Deluise.") Chance - all you have to do is play peek-a-boo for like 15 minutes a day. I'm sure that's more than Victor did with any of his kids. I don't see any reason for all the drama you're bringing to this. It's not like anyone expects you to change a diaper. Are you jealous of the baby getting Abby's attention? I guess the two of you are fairly close in age.

And then we have St. Christine, the perpetual bearer of bad news. Yes, that's just what this crapfest needed.

I don't know the protocol for same-sex engagements, but I wanted Tessa to have a ring, too. 

Best news of the day, Abby took that stupid braid across the back of her head out of her hair.

image.png.1eea3d5de2622dc0d16d5695794cf8be.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Dear Darvon,

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

You left one out - Dear Darvon, Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I thought he was too boring for me to hate him more than I already did. But surprise, I can hate him more and I do!

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

You left one out - Dear Darvon, Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I thought he was too boring for me to hate him more than I already did. But surprise, I can hate him more and I do!

The banality of evil.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I'm amazed Abby didn't turn Chance over her knee and give him a spanking. How dare he go talk to Devon without her permission? Bad Chance! 😠😉

Wow, Noah was staring at Tessa like she was what's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Poor guy has it bad, even though it's clear Tessa is totally in love with his sister.

Now that Christine has laid the legalities out for you, Abby, maybe now it's time to get Victor to pay off a judge. He loves being able to flex his power. 😏

First, I'm surprised Nick was the one to say something to Noah about those wistful looks at Tessa. Second, I never would've expected Noah to admit it so quickly. Heaven help him when Sharon sticks her nose in.

Meh, not a fan of the engagement ring Tessa got for Mariah. It looked puny and cheap to me. And was that color because of Mariah's red hair? 😾

What kind of run did Devon and Nate go on without breaking a sweat? Neither of them had pit stains when they got back to Devon's place, lol. 🥵

Abby being willing to concede to Chance's wishes came awfully fast. It'll be interesting when the rest of her family finds out, especially Ashley and Victor.

Best news of the day, Abby took that stupid braid across the back of her head out of her hair.

When that photo started loading on my tablet screen I gasped. For a second I really thought it was going to be an enlarged image of something else. OMG, my dirty mind. 😵

• LOL 15
  • Love 8

First, I'm surprised Nick was the one to say something to Noah about those wistful looks at Tessa. Second, I never would've expected Noah to admit it so quickly. Heaven help him when Sharon sticks her nose in.

Why? Everyone knows Mr. Sensitivity there has a finely honed ability to see even the most nuanced details.

Abby being willing to concede to Chance's wishes came awfully fast. It'll be interesting when the rest of her family finds out, especially Ashley and Victor.

We all kind of called it though. Show never follows through with any real drama.

When that photo started loading on my tablet screen I gasped. For a second I really thought it was going to be an enlarged image of something else. OMG, my dirty mind. 😵

So did I. 

George Takei oh my.jpg.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now that Christine has laid the legalities out for you, Abby, maybe now it's time to get Victor to pay off a judge. He loves being able to flex his power.

Why the fuck didn't she call her daddy right away? He is actually the one person who could make Darvon stop this shit or make his ass disappear. This show isn't even using it's legacy go to story lines anymore. Of course PeePaw could make this shit go away. And he could make Darvon go away too, if we were so lucky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

So Noah has a cup of coffee waiting for Banana Breath the Pompous to show up in a open mug. I hope Banana Breath the Pompous likes his coffee cold. 

Mariah is definitely my hero. She is staying out of the fray between Abby and Devon and is only hoping for the best solution. 

Devon with friends like you, Abby doesn’t need any enemies. Abby is talking to Chance 2.0 and Devon just has to chime in. Is Devon now Chance 2.0’s lawyer. 

Amanda your nose is growing in lying to Elena. Devon wants a lot more than arranges visits. Abby allowed Devon to spend time with Bowie at any time but Devon escalades arrange visits to mean for weekly stays at his condo. Now Devon has escalated this once again to shared custody and the ability to keep Bowie away from Abby and especially Chance 2.0.  Devon knows that Bowie needs him. When did Bowie learn how to talk so Devon knows this definitely. Bowie told Devon to take him away from that mean mommy and that he’s derringer father. 

When Abby gets mad, which is her best acting ability, she channels her inner Newman and not her inner Abbott. 

Chance 2.0 you are such an ignorant fool. Because you’re having a hard time it doesn’t mean that Abby is having a hard time. So your willing to betray the woman you are madly in love with by turning your back on her and Bowie.  Are you saying it best for YOU if Bowie is out of sight and out of mind. 

What Cricket is telling Abby is not entirely correct and is only making a case for more soap opera drama. As a sperm donor, via artificial insemination that is under doctor supervision, the sperm donor has no parental right and the contract would be upheld by the Wisconsin courts. What Cricket is referring to would be geared more towards Mariah, as the surrogate, than Devon as donor.  Wisconsin courts are more amendable to changes in the surrogate contract in cases were the surrogate chooses to amend the conditions of the contract.  Come on Cricket are you conceding that Amanda is a better lawyer than you and Devon would prevail?  This is such 🐂💩.  For Cricket it seems to be all about Devon being able to attack Chance 2.0 as a father. Why hasn’t Cricket talked about Abby as a mother. Devon is willing and able to take over the roll as Bowie’s father figure but Bowie wouldn’t have the consistency of a father figure and mother figure living under the same roof?  Why can’t Cricket bring up the fact that Chance 2.0 might not be emotional able to be a father but is not harmful to Bowie.  The 💩that’s coming out of Chance 2.0’s mouth right now is so fucking appalling that TIIC would ever write something like that.  Chance 2.0 you will be depriving Bowie a heck of a lot more of his mother’s love.  Chance 2.0 what makes Devon an excellent dad?  Because he took care of Bowie for a few weeks?  Because he can give Bowie a bottle and change his diaper?  Excellent dads don’t happen in a few short months.  I’m sorry if this offends anyone but I have to say this. Chance 2.0 really has no real emotional attachment because he feels Bowie is not his son. Chance 2.0 feels that it’s really Devon’s son that is living with him and Abby. In essence a stepson.  It’s not every man or woman for that fact that can accept another spouses child. Case in point Nikki’s intolerance towards Adam and to a lesser degree Abby herself.  

It starting to sound like Banana Breath the Pompous is pushing all his work on Noah. Which brings up another question. With all that work that has to be done when did Banana Breath the Pompous have time to do it?  Wasn’t he constantly hanging around Rodan the Petty sniffing her panties. 

What a fantastic ending to a god awful episode today. Tessa’s beautiful proposal and Mariah’s beautiful acceptance. I can actually feel my den get a few degrees warmer as I sit watching. In my imagination I could hear:

Goin’ to the chapel and we’re gonna get married

Gee, I really love you 

And we’re gonna get married 

Goin’ to the chapel of love”. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

So Noah has a cup of coffee waiting for Banana Breath the Pompous to show up in a open mug. I hope Banana Breath the Pompous likes his coffee cold. 

Mariah is definitely my hero. She is staying out of the fray between Abby and Devon and is only hoping for the best solution. 

Devon with friends like you, Abby doesn’t need any enemies. Abby is talking to Chance 2.0 and Devon just has to chime in. Is Devon now Chance 2.0’s lawyer. 

Amanda your nose is growing in lying to Elena. Devon wants a lot more than arranges visits. Abby allowed Devon to spend time with Bowie at any time but Devon escalades arrange visits to mean for weekly stays at his condo. Now Devon has escalated this once again to shared custody and the ability to keep Bowie away from Abby and especially Chance 2.0.  Devon knows that Bowie needs him. When did Bowie learn how to talk so Devon knows this definitely. Bowie told Devon to take him away from that mean mommy and that he’s derringer father. 

When Abby gets mad, which is her best acting ability, she channels her inner Newman and not her inner Abbott. 

Chance 2.0 you are such an ignorant fool. Because you’re having a hard time it doesn’t mean that Abby is having a hard time. So your willing to betray the woman you are madly in love with by turning your back on her and Bowie.  Are you saying it best for YOU if Bowie is out of sight and out of mind. 

What Cricket is telling Abby is not entirely correct and is only making a case for more soap opera drama. As a sperm donor, via artificial insemination that is under doctor supervision, the sperm donor has no parental right and the contract would be upheld by the Wisconsin courts. What Cricket is referring to would be geared more towards Mariah, as the surrogate, than Devon as donor.  Wisconsin courts are more amendable to changes in the surrogate contract in cases were the surrogate chooses to amend the conditions of the contract.  Come on Cricket are you conceding that Amanda is a better lawyer than you and Devon would prevail?  This is such 🐂💩.  For Cricket it seems to be all about Devon being able to attack Chance 2.0 as a father. Why hasn’t Cricket talked about Abby as a mother. Devon is willing and able to take over the roll as Bowie’s father figure but Bowie wouldn’t have the consistency of a father figure and mother figure living under the same roof?  Why can’t Cricket bring up the fact that Chance 2.0 might not be emotional able to be a father but is not harmful to Bowie.  The 💩that’s coming out of Chance 2.0’s mouth right now is so fucking appalling that TIIC would ever write something like that.  Chance 2.0 you will be depriving Bowie a heck of a lot more of his mother’s love.  Chance 2.0 what makes Devon an excellent dad?  Because he took care of Bowie for a few weeks?  Because he can give Bowie a bottle and change his diaper?  Excellent dads don’t happen in a few short months.  I’m sorry if this offends anyone but I have to say this. Chance 2.0 really has no real emotional attachment because he feels Bowie is not his son. Chance 2.0 feels that it’s really Devon’s son that is living with him and Abby. In essence a stepson.  It’s not every man or woman for that fact that can accept another spouses child. Case in point Nikki’s intolerance towards Adam and to a lesser degree Abby herself.  

It starting to sound like Banana Breath the Pompous is pushing all his work on Noah. Which brings up another question. With all that work that has to be done when did Banana Breath the Pompous have time to do it?  Wasn’t he constantly hanging around Rodan the Petty sniffing her panties. 

What a fantastic ending to a god awful episode today. Tessa’s beautiful proposal and Mariah’s beautiful acceptance. I can actually feel my den get a few degrees warmer as I sit watching. In my imagination I could hear:

Gee, I really love you 

And we’re gonna get married 

Goin’ to the chapel of love”. 

Thank you for the love for this fantastic ending for Mariah and Tessa.  After this "god awful episode," it was especially needed. 

And thank you for putting into the words all the venom I'm feeling about this soul-sucking custody mess.  To make it worse, the writers are wrapping it with a whimper - not a bang - and gifting everything to Devon with an "It's A Boy" ribbon and cigars to celebrate his firstborn son.  

May I may one small addition for often-maligned Elena?  Today I valued that she understood and sympathized with Abby's emotions and all she had been through.  Amanda didn't want to hear this, but Elena held her ground and reminded (or is it taught) Amanda about the primal pull mothers have for their children.   Kinda made me wish we'd heard more from Elena during this story - but then wise, rational, caring, balanced counsel was not on the agenda. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 11

Well, for whatever reasons Chance, Abby and Devious have thrashed out custody with Amanda's only role being THE ATTORNEY.  I am thinking this scenario will not go well. None of them has even asked her anything about her feelings, which in and of itself is bad parenting, because she is residing in the home where this child is going to be co-parented. She has expressed no enthusiasm about the time she will be sharing with Dominick. What is her role as the (just recent) live-in girlfriend? The way this has been ignored is just blowing my mind.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

After all that now Abby’s going to give in to  Douchevon? They need to bring Chances brother Ronan back to mentor Chance back to having some balls. 
Loved the proposal! I hope Mariah and Tessa have a big beautiful wedding!

• Love 15

Yes, Devon, nothing says "I'm your friend, I would never do anything to hurt you" like "See you in court".  I can't even believe how this is playing out.  Whatever Chance is going through, I don't see how it benefits anyone (besides Devon) for Dominic to be taken from his home a few days each week.  If the donor had been anonymous, what would the plan be to make sure the baby had a father figure while Chance works through his issues?  Why does Dominic even need a father figure at this stage of his life?  He has a devoted mother and huge extended family (which included Devon) to offer all the support he needs. 

What's most offensive is that Devon is exhibiting the exact same behavior that Mariah did right after Dominic was born, but Mariah's attachment was painted as unhealthy and obsessive, even though she carried the child and gave birth to him.  But Devon's attachment is rational and altruistic and selfless, and all he did was wank in a cup.  

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now that Christine has laid the legalities out for you, Abby, maybe now it's time to get Victor to pay off a judge. He loves being able to flex his power.

That didn't work out so well for Victor in Reed's custody case.  He probably has developed different tactics.

The proposal was the only thing worth watching.  Mariah and Tessa are the most interesting characters, and the most realistically drawn young people as far as personalities go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

What I don’t understand is why Abby is caving to her husband and Devon.  This will have a huge impact on her life and her child’s life. She should have Chance go stay somewhere else for awhile; call her father and everyone in her family, tell Devon to go ahead and take things to court. She should look Devon and Amanda in the eye and sweetly say “I will end you” and walk away. Just when you think this terrible Surrogate Story could not get any worse….

And does anyone else think that Sharon is sleepwalking through the show? Kind of zombie-like.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19

So Devon gets rewarded for his selfishness.  Wasn't enough to be acknowledged as the bio father and welcomed any time you wanted.  

FFS, the one time I could actually accept the contractual EB "I am very badass" smug power move from Victor, and it's nowhere to be found.

As much as Chance is asking her to do this, it's still not in Dominic's best interest IMO.  Chance is very much in pain and in the moment, and whatever bullshit way the show plays this out, I don't think he realizes the effect something like this would likely have down the road.  

And again, Devon's already shown he feels he can change his mind on any "agreement" they all come to, so what's to stop him from another hissy fit in the future? Kind of a big deal to just give him the benefit of the doubt.  Given the anger and energy she's shown so far, I think Abby wants to stay the course, but is in panic mode at this point.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

Why the fuck didn't she call her daddy right away? He is actually the one person who could make Darvon stop this shit or make his ass disappear. 

All Victor needs to do is pay a psychiatrist to say that Chance is not in his right mind to sign such a contract, voiding it. Darvon is too happy. We need to wipe that smile right off his face.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 5
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, boes said:

another who thinks he has the right to sign away time from child??

Totally awesome and excellent post, boes. Your posts are always a joy to read and this one is extra. This point^ stood out to me because it was something that I hadn't considered. Do you really have the right to change your mind about having a child and get rid of it? Well, not being an expert on these things, I think you do have the right to take it to a police station, fire house or orphanage and drop it off, and I think you can also put it up for adoption, (not sure what the real life procedure is), but that's when you get rid of it entirely, not just a few days a week or at someone else's whim. And there are documents to sign and legalities to follow. He does have the right to ignore it I guess - legally as long as he's supporting it, but not morally. But he does not have the right to take it away from its mother. (And consider that it was Abby's egg, so the child is 2/3 her DNA and 1/3 Dickvon's DNA.) And what about morally? Signing away his fatherhood is morally not right and when that child is old enough to find out, that child will be very hurt and blame itself for its father not wanting it. This storyline is just sick. I feel like I'm watching a train wreck or some other horrific accident, basically to see what the damage will be. And I'm waiting for it to be over. It's not clever or interesting or compelling. It does not evoke the emotions that soaps are supposed to evoke, the reason we watch soaps. This storyline is a new low for the show.

They need to discover that either Stitch maliciously used his goo or that the lab f'd up and it was neither Abby's egg nor Dickvon's goo that was used by the lab to create Bowie, and then have the the actual bio parents sue for custody of their lineage and win. At  this point I'd even root for SIDS to put an end to this unpleasant fiasco. Yet somehow they are managing to make this worse every day. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

At  this point I'd even root for SIDS to put an end to this unpleasant fiasco.

I was thinking along the lines of Amanda putting the wee one in danger while at Chez Dumbvon and causing whatever agreement they made revoked.  I don't like children being hurt (I don't watch because of the DeeDee death) but this story is so ridiculous that we may have to make a human sacrifice to make it go away.  Sorry, Dom.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

There's a documentary out there called "Nuclear Family" that deals with a surrogacy case where the mothers knew the donors, had a decent relationship with them until one of them sued for paternity and visitation rights.  The mothers are Robin Young and Sandy Russo and the donor who sued them was Tom Steel.  The case is from the early 90's, one I remember because it was extensively covered in the SF Bay area.  It's a very good documentary that shows the toll this took on all involved.

• Useful 11
  • Love 6

Devon: "This has always just been about the THREE of us working out what's best for Dominick." Again, Amanda's co-parenting with Devon a non-factor while she stands there silent as a stone and everyone overlooks she will be part of any visitation. Amanda finally chimes in about how she and Christine will complete the necessary paperwork!  Either TIIC are tone-deaf, or this is the start of some big problems. Like neither Amanda or Chance being "baby bonders",  with Abby and Devon being the "good" parents. News for Victoria: all psychopaths will tell you "you're the only one I trust, and I know you feel the same about me". It's called isolating the victim. Victoria needs to stop pushing her hair out of her eyes, and notice the wool Ashland is pulling over them. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Devon: "This has always just been about the THREE of us working out what's best for Dominick." Again, Amanda's co-parenting with Devon a non-factor while she stands there silent as a stone and everyone overlooks she will be part of any visitation. Amanda finally chimes in about how she and Christine will complete the necessary paperwork!  Either TIIC are tone-deaf, or this is the start of some big problems. Like neither Amanda or Chance being "baby bonders",  with Abby and Devon being the "good" parents. News for Victoria: all psychopaths will tell you "you're the only one I trust, and I know you feel the same about me". It's called isolating the victim. Victoria needs to stop pushing her hair out of her eyes, and notice the wool Ashland is pulling over them. 

It is jarring.  Yesterday,  Devon was bemoaning how " the lawyers" will make everything worse because they don't care about anyone.  That's Amanda he's talking about, or did he forget??  Unless the writers are even more clueless, which is certainly possible, this could be a prelude to trouble in Devon land.

I'll enjoy every minute of it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, boes said:

It is jarring.  Yesterday,  Devon was bemoaning how " the lawyers" will make everything worse because they don't care about anyone.  That's Amanda he's talking about, or did he forget??  Unless the writers are even more clueless, which is certainly possible, this could be a prelude to trouble in Devon land.

I'll enjoy every minute of it.

Amanda - the same Amanda who first brought up the idea of legal options and stridently pushed Devon to consider those options even when Devon said he didn't want to get lawyers involved and he was worried about his friendships with Abby and Chance?  The same Amanda who urged Devon not to "let this go" when he said he wanted to give his "friends" time to process and to work out what was happening in their home?  That Amanda?    And the same Devon who pushed aside Nate's concerns that things get messy when lawyers become involved

So Doofus Devon, zip it with your too-late platitudes about involving lawyers.  And you can take a seat at the same time, Amanda. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Today’s episode started off on such a high note with Mariah and Tessa announcing their engagement to Sharon. Kudos to Sharon for forgoing a Botox treatment so she was able to smile.  But, Sharon has to be the rain on their parade and only think that they are getting married to improve their chances for adoption. No you fucking idiot, it’s because THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!!   Sharon only rained on their parade, Noah is pissing all over it. I think Noah is making his territory, Tessa, and I believe there will be Noah/Tessa/Mariah drama before the wedding day. 

Within minutes we are back to the mundane shit ass crap that is Devon vs Abby.  So Abby gives in to Devon. What a surprise 🙄.  What’s best for Bowie is being with his mother in a steady environment and not transported back and forth like a sack of potatoes. Why can’t Chance 2.0 heal with Bowie in the house?  Why does Devon need formal visitation when he can visit Bowie anytime he wants?  What does formal visitation mean?  Overnight stays, weekly stays, monthly stays?  Hold the phone. Did Cricket say that her and Amanda will work out a joint custody agreement?  When did formal visitation turn into joint custody?  Now Devon is really feeling superior by asking that Winters be added to Bowie’s name.  Well that’s better than branding Winters on Bowie’s ass. 

Devon is still full of shit.  Devon had a side eye for Chance 2.0 since he left her alone, to go on assignment, and didn’t see her through adversities.  Why are TIIC so fucking misogynistic when it’s comes to this story line. Abby is put to task by two men for doing what she thought was best for Bowie. They actually made Abby choose Chance 2.0 over her Bowie. (This is what really pisses me off because I know of so many woman who remarry and their children are put on the back burner while the stepfather ignores them and even at times abuses them and their mom loved her husband so much she allows it. I know this isn’t exactly the same situation but, Chance 2.0 subliminally feels that Devon is Bowie’s father and not him). 

Mariah actually has more rights to Bowie but they let Mariah heal and now has become an afterthought in Bowie’s life. Shouldn’t Mariah be suing for formal visitation or joint custody also?  If it was me, I would take Devon to court and let him prove that I was an unfit mother. Attacking Chance 2.0 doesn’t preclude Abby’s ability to take care and nature Bowie.  Nobody and I mean nobody will tell me how to raise my child or what is best for my child. No bureaucrats nor educator know my child as well I do.  I’m so disappointed in Abby but really surprised that Bowie would be treated like a new toy that is played with for a while than discarded looking for the next new toy.  OK, the aftermath, of today, was that this whole mishegoss boiled down for Devon to have Bowie one day a week?  WTF?  Why does Devon need joint custody so he can spend one day a week in his home and not Bowie’s home?  Moving Bowie back and forth seems, to me, to be more disruptive to Bowie’s well being.  Maybe maybe I can see once a week visits but I could never be for the joint custody. Joint custody gives Devon a legal say in Bowie’s upbringing that can cause a lot of friction between Devon and Abby. There could be  arguments over what’s best for Bowie. Petty things like Devon might not liking the knit caps Bowie wears, to more subsequent things like schooling, religion, culture, career choice, etc.  Now Devon could find a way to file for full custody if Chance 2.0 can’t recover and Devon deems Chance 2.0 a bad influence in Bowie.  By having Winters added to Bowie’s name gives him even more of a leg up. 

Is Victor getting a little bit more demented in his old age?  Wasn’t he just in favor of Adam looking into Nostrils the Weasel’s downward spiral plus knowing about the videos that Adam was receiving. Adam didn’t react to anything that would put NM in jeopardy. Now he’s pissed off that Adam didn’t know that Nostrils the Weasel was faking before Olive and that the Spectra woman was involved.  

Michael Baldwin the legal ninja 😂😂😂. Michael Is retiring to spend more time with Lauren. Does that mean that Lauren is retiring also?  Oh, I forgot, Lauren hardly works.  I have to give Lauren kudos though. She is dressed a lot more appropriate today than Amanda. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

Victoria literally wears her emotions. She dons white or red when she's feeling on top of the world, and today she's back in black now that Victor and Adam have slapped down her plans to snatch Newman Media. Wait until she finds out her daddy's intentions to assume greater influence on all things Newman. She might have to start wearing black lipstick and nail polish too. 😼

That was an unusually demure look on Lauren today. I liked her top.

Noah ragging on "so-called elites." Oh honey, those Brits you were dealing with in London probably have several hundred years' worth of high social status under their belts. You're just a second generation member of a family that has way more money than class. Shut up, you emo little snob. 🤨

Meh, I'm still ticked that Abby didn't honor Brad Carlton in Dominic's name. But now TPTB have gotten what they wanted, i.e., a visible representation of the four remaining legacy families in one child. All that's left is for Dom to grow up and have a kid with Bella Fisher. 😏

In less than five minutes Sharon was lowkey naysaying Mariah and Tessa's engagement. I doubt their being married will help their adoption plans at all, at least not with private adoption agencies.

Ruh roh, Tessa noticed Noah looking less than thrilled about the engagement news. Hmmm.

Whee, little Dom was like, "Yeah, whatever, Devon. Unless you brought me food or more toys, put me down." And again with the hat. 🙄

Why would Victor want Michael to start working for him before Michael officially resigns as D.A.? Perhaps he's going to want something done under the auspices of the D.A.'s office that might be shady if not straight up unethical. Because of course.

Did it seem to anyone else like RB was phoning it in a bit today, like he knew he was on his way out as Ashland? Sometimes I long for the good ol' days before everything was spoiled weeks in advance. Most of the time viewers didn't become aware of casting changes until the day the new person first appeared in an episode. 😒

Sharon, are you seriously being smirky about your son's impending re-broken heart? Ugh.

Oh Devon, Amanda's not worried Abby and Chance will change their minds about the shared custody agreement. She knows sh!t will likely hit the fan when Victor and Ashley find out about it. You need to pull off those blinders and prepare to face a bigger battle. Maybe. Victor might be too preoccupied with his pending Newman internecine warfare, and Ashley tends to dance to the tune he plays.

Has a DNA test even been done on Dominic? In soap world there's no guarantee either Devon or Abby are his biological parents. Meanwhile, I checked IMDb and Sean Carrigan (Stitch) doesn't have much going on so maybe another shoe will drop on the paternity front later this year.

Re the previews, what now, Chance? Yeesh. 😑

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sometimes I long for the good ol' days before everything was spoiled weeks in advance.

That's why I can't go to the B&B board. I keep myself unspoiled for that show because I enjoy the surprises and I enjoy being told a story. But with this show it doesn't matter anymore. And if I miss a day, or part of an episode, so what? In fact, sometimes it's better to know what's coming down the pike so you can avoid it.

• Love 10