Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Please enlighten me as to the surprises on B&B and being told a story. You can watch B&B once and then know what’s going on for the next two months because all they do is repeat their dialogue EVERY SINGLE DAY.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

That's why I can't go to the B&B board. I keep myself unspoiled for that show because I enjoy the surprises and I enjoy being told a story. But with this show it doesn't matter anymore. And if I miss a day, or part of an episode, so what? In fact, sometimes it's better to know what's coming.

Funny how it works for different viewers. I only started watching B&B because of a casting announcement (TK; I was a big fan from his AMC days). Reading the spoilers was the only way I kept watching it because I could prepare myself for the b.s. coming. Then it was another casting announcement that stopped me from watching it because I have strong negative feelings about a certain actor and the character they play. I still check in on the B&B spoilers occasionally to see if that person's gone yet but so far, no joy.

Y&R is the only soap have I left and I fear that if I read the spoilers I'll stop watching it. I'm trying to hang in until the bitter end, like I had to do with AMC. So far nothing has bothered me so much that I felt I was 100% done with this show. The Marco storyline came pretty close though.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9

So, the big baby, Devon not Dom, gets his way and now wants to change the kid’s name.  So what’s next?  Devon decides that Dom needs a circumcision?  Abby disappoints me big time by caving in to Devon.  Personally, I think Abby needs to throw Chance to the curb and fight for her right to be a single mother and not let Devon lead her around by a nose ring. Better yet, let this storyline be nothing more than a bad dream. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

So, the big baby, Devon not Dom, gets his way and now wants to change the kid’s name.  So what’s next?  Devon decides that Dom needs a circumcision?  Abby disappoints me big time by caving in to Devon.  Personally, I think Abby needs to throw Chance to the curb and fight for her right to be a single mother and not let Devon lead her around by a nose ring. Better yet, let this storyline be nothing more than a bad dream. 

Actually, Devon will learn Abby already had Dominick circumsized, and he will have Amanda file suit against Abby for property damages. (:

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I have to give Lauren kudos though. She is dressed a lot more appropriate today than Amanda. 

The women of Genoa City truly love those one-shoulder tops and dresses. Because there's no better outfit for mid-winter in Wisconsin.

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

What a slap in the face this whole sordid mess has been to single mothers.

And adoptive parents, too.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, MollyB said:

I was thinking along the lines of Amanda putting the wee one in danger while at Chez Dumbvon and causing whatever agreement they made revoked.  I don't like children being hurt (I don't watch because of the DeeDee death) but this story is so ridiculous that we may have to make a human sacrifice to make it go away.  Sorry, Dom.

Imani finds out Dom is super rich - kidnaps him for 3 yrs till he's a teen and marries him?

• LOL 11

Sadly, I have to wonder if Victor might welcome Devon into the family fold.

Ever since the beginning of this miserable story - the ridiculous rush for a baby, the way the “candidates” were picked, the off-putting cheer squad, the kidnapping, Abby chasing down Chance, his PTSD, etc. -with each “leg” you kept thinking it could not get any worse. Yet it continued to top itself. I cannot believe the writers get paid for this. I know that Covid has presented many difficulties; writers were dealing with a lot of unexpected issues. But at the end of the day, they have failed miserably and spectacularly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Stich Stich come on - if he comes back and snatches Dom (his DNA Kid) as a do over and Devon is crushed and has to team with Chance and they have to remove their heads from their asses to save the kid. points if Abby goes momma bear and takes him out. Points if Abby gets on her hind legs and tells her BOOBY Daddies to kick rocks.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

I almost forgot that touching scene today where  Doddy Devon decided to change Dominic's name!  That was so sweet.  I was sure he was going to insist the hamburgler be addressed as the Sultan of Swing so imagine my surprise when he insisted the baby have yet one more last name - Winters - to honor the memory of the man Devon uses to justify every shitty thing he does.  I swear I almost wept at the beauty of it all.

It inspired me to come up with a new name for Devon.  I'm not going to tell you what it is, but I WILL tell you it rhymes with Flucking Masshole.

It's a family name.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, boes said:

I still think he [Noah] escaped from a London sanitarium  where he was being treated under the name of Renfield, with a penchant for eating spiders.  

Oh shit! I was a bit perturbed that you compared Noah to dear Renfield, but then I saw it! And now I can't unsee it.

• LOL 11

Ashlandl always stands or sits like he shit his pants is trying  hold it in.

Hee, I think until recently the way he carried himself was supposed to be BDE. Now I guess it's just big dump energy. (Sorry, RB. We hardly knew ye.)

It was the way he tried to "handle" Abby that really got my blood boiling.

Abby's a growna$$ woman. IMO nobody's handling her unless she allows it. Not trying to blame the victim here, I just don't see her as a victim. Let her fight Devon (and Chance) in court. Let her bring in Victor and his legal and financial artillery. Devon isn't omnipotent and she doesn't have to accept his position on the matter so easily.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Abby's a growna$$ woman. IMO nobody's handling her unless she allows it. Not trying to blame the victim here, I just don't see her as a victim. Let her fight Devon (and Chance) in court. Let her bring in Victor and his legal and financial artillery. Devon isn't omnipotent and she doesn't have to accept his position on the matter so easily.

image.png.6c945bc8cf0aa97b27d190e0d4888049.png

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Every day I think I can’t hate Devon more. Every day he proves me wrong. I don’t think he understands the definition of surrogacy. 

This whole mess could have been avoided if the 'lawyers' had challenged the (I hope iron clad) contract that Dumbvon agreed to and signed.  Once his 'rights' had been clearly explained by the judge, he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.  Every lawyer in GC should be disbarred.

Silly me, I keep thinking the TIIC know what they are doing.

And I hope we are not going to go through another one of these stories if Noah is somehow the donor for Mariah and Tess progeny.

Anonymous donors, people!

• Love 13
13 hours ago, boes said:

What the hell did Adam do to make Victor turn on him?  The hell with it, I'm Team Adam.  You burn 'em down too, Adam.

Basically it was Olive lying her skinny ass off. Olive told Victor that she was the one to discover Nostrils the Weasel’s scam but she didn’t tell Victor she was the architect of a plan that escalated Nostrils the Weasel’s original plan. It was because of Olive’s involvement that Nostrils the Weasel gave up the ghost. Olive played Victor and for now, it looks like Victor took the bate.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Please enlighten me as to the surprises on B&B and being told a story. You can watch B&B once and then know what’s going on for the next two months because all they do is repeat their dialogue EVERY SINGLE DAY.  

😂😂😂 You got that shit right! 

On 1/21/2022 at 12:51 AM, boes said:

Abby is ButtBiscuit's niece, Devon is Lily's brother.  I guess I can see ButtBiscuit being too focused on his own satisfaction and not giving a rats ass about Abby's well-being but it still stood out.  

Today, Devon and Nate run into Nick and Noah and everything's hunky dory, because obviously, Nick and Noah know nothing about what's going on.  Where is Ashley, Victor, Traci, Jack, Nikki, everyone else?  Where the hell is Nina or Jill?  It's lopsided, doesn't reflect how we've seen these families work.

Yes! Tbh As much as I hate Billy he would have my ugh...begrudging support *gags/cringes* if he called Lily out, for not calling out her douchebag brother on his bullshit, and supported his Niece. It might be hypocritical given all the enabling she watched his own siblings give him but that's Billy for you. It would be better than Dickvon getting his way and getting off Scott free. If the writers really wanted to subvert our expectations, Adam could've got wind of this, he and NotBilly would team up to defend their sister/niece, and Chance too because Billy is his paternal uncle. Plus, Chance is one of Adam's few friends, that he *kind of* needs to prove himself to & can be there for. What was so wrong with going that route? They didn't even need Victor/Ashley/Nina right away (though they still could've been called FFS). Billy could bring the bark, Adam could bring the bite, both of their underhanded tendencies would be used benevolently. Or even have Victoria supporting her sister. For once, using her smug bitchiness in a productive manner against Lily for supporting her brother's selfish mission. 

And Wow! Way to go Chance! You wore your stressed out wife down to accommodate the whims/demands of a POS backstabber. I don't know if he should put on a straightjacket or a clown suit. Maybe a clown themed straightjacket? That's her biological son too! How does Dickvon's DNA relation to Dom eclipse Abby's? Especially since he volunteered (Abby is guilty of being impatient/dumb enough to say yes) and she never signed away her rights. Abby, as Dominic's mother, has a right to determine who has access to him and who doesn't, especially if it's from the fickle, double-crossing sperm donor. Christine was a real downer, because of course that's what the plot demanded. Doesn't Wisconsin, like most states, favor the mother(right or wrong) couldn't that be used to Abby's advantage? If Chance wants to take himself out of the equation then fine. Let him, he's clearly better off in a therapist's chair(no Sharon not yours). Abby can still fight this "alone" again, as she has her whole family. Plus Chance's family, namely Nina, even if Chance is sitting it out she can still step in to help. Nina is sweet but is also that bitch and there is no way she'd allow Dickvon to come at her son or her daughter in law like this. There were so many levels & directions to take this SL and TIIC said: "Nah, that makes too much sense" and then smoked some more weed. 

There is nothing that would redeem this dog shit SL, but it would be a fitting pay off if Dickvon took Adam's place as the pariah of GC. At this point, He's far more deserving of it.

Tessa & Mariah getting engaged was the only good thing to happen this week and I could barely enjoy that because of CreepNoah's dumb obsession with his sister's fiancé. He actually looks more creepy everyday, I can't even watch his scenes in the dark anymore lol. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I’ve debated quite a few times, with myself, about whether or not post about how personal surrogacy and other people butting into the lives of my children. I decided to make a post and I will be as PC as I possibly can. 

Let me start at the beginning. My daughter can’t get pregnant because of scar tissue blockage. She adopted her first son who is half Hispanic and half Black.  My daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes. My son-in-law has blue eyes and fairly light skin. Most people don’t even bat an eyelash when he called her mommy or calls him daddy. Her son is now a junior in HS but at the beginning of his Sophomore year, he was called into the principal’s office and questioned if he was being discouraged, by his parents, about learning about his Hispanic and Black heritage. He informed them that he was part Mayan and has been to 3 Mayan ruins in Mexico. He also told the principal he is not discouraged about reading about Black history.  He also told the principal that he doesn’t identify himself as anything but an American. Hearing this, the principal called for a meeting, with his parents, and questioned why they weren’t doing more to encourage him learning about his heritages. Without their knowledge the principal had one Hispanic teacher and one Black teacher to start schooling him about his heritages. He didn’t want to be rude so he listened to these teacher until they started to bastardized his white parents.  He refused to continue listening to these teachers and stopped going. He was threatened with suspension if he didn’t go back. His parents went to the principal and than the school board without any positive results. He had to go to these teachers because it was their “sworn duty” to give him a “proper education”. His parents asked him to go, to make peace but he doesn’t have to listen. The more he went the more he didn’t learn about his heritages the more they were trying to indoctrinate him against his parents and the evil past if US history.  Finally this was resolved with him going to a private school that through hard work his parents were able to afford. This brings me to Devon and Bowie. Devon is half white and half black. That makes Bowie one quarter black. Of course TIIC would be to PC to ever address what would be my daughter’s and son-in-law’s plight but with Devon having joint custody there is a very real possibility that Devon and Abby won’t see eye to eye on how  Bowie is brought up.  This could be exacerbated by who Bowie will identify with more Abby or Devon as he matures.  I could actually see one more problem, Bowie won’t identify with Chance 2.0 at all.  This is why Devon was so fucking selfish in his actions. It was all about him and not Bowie’s welfare at all. Amanda has to shoulder the blame because she was the one that mostly pushed Devon toward shared custody. It was Amanda’s ego pushing her to prove how good of a lawyer she is than being a loving girlfriend. 

On a slightly happier note, my daughter was able to carry a child via invetro fertilization after numerous operations to clear her scar tissue. (As an aside, Abby’s scar tissue couldn’t have been cleared for her to carry a child but the surrogacy and donor story line could bring more drama). My daughter’s egg donor twice was her stepsister. The sperm donor was her husband. There are no associated emotional issues. Even with the egg donor there are no emotional issues because she views, what she has done for her stepsister, was a true altruistic act.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 17

Wow, this is my first time here and I must say you all are  excellent writers and very funny. Looking forward to coming here daily.

The spoiler below is a mistake. No spoiler. 😏

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by MsMalin
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Skarzero said:

If Chance wants to take himself out of the equation then fine. Let him, he's clearly better off in a therapist's chair(no Sharon not yours).

Let Sharon have him, at this point.  He's earned it.  

He'll really wish he could have mustered up the occasional lullaby after one of those Crimson Lights "therapy" sessions.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Devon is half white and half black.

with Devon having joint custody there is a very real possibility that Devon and Abby won’t see eye to eye on how  Bowie is brought up.

There is a real possibility any parents don't see eye to eye on how a child is brought up. Race/ethnicity may not be the only issue or may not be an issue at all.

This could be exacerbated by who Bowie will identify with more Abby or Devon as he matures.

Dominic could identify more with Abby or Chance or Devon for any number of reasons which may or may not have anything to do with race/ethnicity. So the better idea is to pretend Dominic doesn't have some Black ancestry? IRL, Black or mixed Black children who grow up in environments where their non-Black parents ignore the child's race/ethnicity tend to become teens and adult with problems figuring out where they fit in. Unless that child or adult can pass as White, society is going treat them in way they haven't been prepared for and this lacking could prove dangerous if not fully lethal for them.

I could actually see one more problem, Bowie won’t identify with Chance 2.0 at all.

And again, that could happen anyway, regardless of race/ethnicity issues. IMO Chance's position is no different than the situation Brad was in once Victor knew he was Abby's biological father. Which is perhaps why the show is now pretty much forgetting about that aspect of Abby's childhood.

This is why Devon was so fucking selfish in his actions. It was all about him and not Bowie’s welfare at all.

Sure, presuming Dominic's welfare relies on ignoring or minimizing the Black part of his ancestry, and presuming that Chance would be incapable of acknowledging and respecting that ancestry. But the show is oddly trying to pretend like that's not involved in the issue at all.

There's been no indication Amanda has to shoulder the blame because she was the one that mostly pushed Devon toward shared custody. It was Amanda’s ego pushing her to prove how good of a lawyer she is than being a loving girlfriend.  

No, I think it was mostly Amanda trying to be a supportive girlfriend--at least that's the way the show has presented it. She originally went along with Devon's intention not to play more than an uncle/godfather role in Dom's life. Plus, her own issues with abandonment as a child came into play and it's unfortunate the show chose mostly to misrepresent that factor. Dominic was in no danger of being abandoned by anybody.

Personally, I was surprised no one brought up Amanda's new law firm and how a big custody case would bring attention to it. Looks like there's not going to be a court case and it's all going to be handled off-screen.

This has been my problem with this storyline from the moment Devon was made the sperm donor: I think a Black man (or a least a man with one-half Black ancestry) willfully giving away his child to be raised by two White people while he just stood off to the side dishonors the tragic history of Black children being taken from their parents and sold away in slavery. The optics of that are horrible IMO, and I'm confident the TPTB either didn't realize it or they didn't care.

This sudden business of making Chance the fall guy was their way of fixing their mistake (right before Black History Month, no less) and it seems to have made a bigger mess given how upset so many viewers appear to be about it. The only thing TPTB seem to have succeeded at is making the Devon haters loathe him even more.

I have no problem with Devon being an anonymous sperm donor, or with Abby and Chance adopting a Black or mixed race child. It's just not believable to me that Chance would've gone along with a Black sperm donor, at least not unless there were no other donors available in the entire world. I also believe that's the main reason Chance was removed from the picture until the donor choice and Dominic's conception were beyond his influence. Plot contrivance was contrived. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Poor DomDom was set up for bullying when he was given four names and made to wear a pussy hat 24/7. Now he's got five names. Why not seven, adding Hamilton and McCall for his bioDad and bioGranddad to go with his bioMom's Abbott Newman while we're at it? 

This story line is also giving short shrift to PTSD sufferers as well as single moms, adoptive and biracial families. And the writers seem to be digging themselves into deeper holes every day.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Wow, this is my first time here and I must say you all are  excellent writers and very funny. Looking forward to coming here daily.

The spoiler below is a mistake. No spoiler. 😏

Reveal spoiler
  Reveal spoiler

Welcome, MsMalin!  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Wow, this is my first time here

Welcome! 

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

IMO Chance's position is no different than the situation Brad was in once Victor knew he was Abby's biological father. Which is perhaps why the show is now pretty much forgetting about that aspect of Abby's childhood.

I respectfully have to disagree with that. IMO I think it is a very different situation. Brad believed he was Abby's bio-dad. When little Abby herself spilled the beans, Brad essentially lost his daughter to an enemy. I really don't see parallels to the situation other than the superficial aspect of there being two men involved. Abby didn't steal any sperm. It had been a surprise to Victor. Nobody's lying, (except Dickvon about being allowed to visit Dom Deluise), or fooling anyone. (Unless Stitch re-enters the storyline or they come-up with some never before mentioned tomfoolery.) And I don't know why the MWTs are forgetting about that aspect of Abby's childhood. That should have been mined in some way for this storyline. Abby herself was old enough at the time for her to remember being raised by Brad and then getting another father. It didn't seem to do her any harm or give her issues. It seemed to have worked out great for her. (I don't consider her being the Naked Heiress attributable to Brad's presence or absence.)

But these current MWTs have no regard for show history, character history and previous character development, or even what drivel they themselves wrote a month ago. This is one of my big complaints right now with this show. I've "known" some of these characters longer than some of my real life friends and acquaintances. To see them now  being written so poorly, as though they aren't who they have been crafted be, as though they don't have specific connections to each other and shared past experiences, well, it's just so disheartening and disrespectful to the viewers and to the the show.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Poor DomDom was set up for bullying when he was given four names and made to wear a pussy hat 24/7. Now he's got five names. Why not seven, adding Hamilton and McCall for his bioDad and bioGranddad to go with his bioMom's Abbott Newman while we're at it? 

This story line is also giving short shrift to PTSD sufferers as well as single moms, adoptive and biracial families. And the writers seem to be digging themselves into deeper holes every day.

And they have ignored parsing out any financial arrangements. Ok, I know both families are Uber wealthy, but doesn't someone think it should be discussed? Will nanny Louise be going to Devon's to spend the 1 night a week? For concerned parents, and genius attorneys, it seems a lot of important issues were glossed over.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There is a real possibility any parents don't see eye to eye on how a child is brought up. Race/ethnicity may not be the only issue or may not be an issue at all.

Dominic could identify more with Abby or Chance or Devon for any number of reasons which may or may not have anything to do with race/ethnicity. So the better idea is to pretend Dominic doesn't have some Black ancestry? IRL, Black or mixed Black children who grow up in environments where their non-Black parents ignore the child's race/ethnicity tend to become teens and adult with problems figuring out where they fit in. Unless that child or adult can pass as White, society is going treat them in way they haven't been prepared for and this lacking could prove dangerous if not fully lethal for them.

And again, that could happen anyway, regardless of race/ethnicity issues. IMO Chance's position is no different than the situation Brad was in once Victor knew he was Abby's biological father. Which is perhaps why the show is now pretty much forgetting about that aspect of Abby's childhood.

Sure, presuming Dominic's welfare relies on ignoring or minimizing the Black part of his ancestry, and presuming that Chance would be incapable of acknowledging and respecting that ancestry. But the show is oddly trying to pretend like that's not involved in the issue at all.

No, I think it was mostly Amanda trying to be a supportive girlfriend--at least that's the way the show has presented it. She originally went along with Devon's intention not to play more than an uncle/godfather role in Dom's life. Plus, her own issues with abandonment as a child came into play and it's unfortunate the show chose mostly to misrepresent that factor. Dominic was in no danger of being abandoned by anybody.

Personally, I was surprised no one brought up Amanda's new law firm and how a big custody case would bring attention to it. Looks like there's not going to be a court case and it's all going to be handled off-screen.

This has been my problem with this storyline from the moment Devon was made the sperm donor: I think a Black man (or a least a man with one-half Black ancestry) willfully giving away his child to be raised by two White people while he just stood off to the side dishonors the tragic history of Black children being taken from their parents and sold away in slavery. The optics of that are horrible IMO, and I'm confident the TPTB either didn't realize it or they didn't care.

This sudden business of making Chance the fall guy was their way of fixing their mistake (right before Black History Month, no less) and it seems to have made a bigger mess given how upset so many viewers appear to be about it. The only thing TPTB seem to have succeeded at is making the Devon haters loathe him even more.

I have no problem with Devon being an anonymous sperm donor, or with Abby and Chance adopting a Black or mixed race child. It's just not believable to me that Chance would've gone along with a Black sperm donor, at least not unless there were no other donors available in the entire world. I also believe that's the main reason Chance was removed from the picture until the donor choice and Dominic's conception were beyond his influence. Plot contrivance was contrived. 🙄

As you posted also, I was talking about possibilities and hypothetical situation but not with my grandson

As we speak he’s well adjusted to his situation at home and with his peers at HS.  No issues with fellow HS students and most of his teachers. He didn’t feel alienated until the principal and school board opined what was best for him.  Now at private school, he’s back to fitting in 100%. I can’t tell you what the future will bring once he’s in college or looking for a job but he “probably” will face the same problems his parents had to face when they were finding jobs in very competitive field of endeavor. 

Chance 2.0 is or was an Alfa-Male and therefore “could be” less prone to accept a child that’s not biologically his even after he’s “heeled”.  I know my stepdaughter since age 6 and my step granddaughter since she was born. I can say I love them with all my heart and never ever introduce them using the word step. My 3 biological children also never speak about them using the word step. That’s me but I do come across many men and woman that don’t feel as I do. 

One last thin on child bonding and let me use Devon himself as a example.  Devon is much much closer to Neil than he ever was with Tucker.  It’s possible that this was due to the fact that Neil was always there and Tucker was missing in action. Tucker, is the biological father but he is hardly mention by Devon. It’s always Neil this and Neil that to the point that Devon wanted Winters, where there’s no blood relation, added to Bowie’s name.  As I said before, speaking in possibilities and hypotheticals only Bowie would bond more with Devon than Chance 2.0 because Devon wants to be present in Bowie’s life and Chance 2.0 can’t or worse doesn’t want to. 

In the immortal word of Forest Gump’s mother “Life is like a box of chocolates. You’ll never know what you’re gonna get”. 

As with TIIC, you’ll never know what they will come up with but it’s predictably based more in the “Twilight Zone” than GC. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

image.png.a21b20ed12c932b976a69dfb11ca23a7.png

"What have you done to his ears?"

"He has his Father's ears".......

giphy.gif

If only, Rosemary, if only.....

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2022 at 6:37 AM, SweePea59 said:

Brad believed he was Abby's bio-dad. When little Abby herself spilled the beans, Brad essentially lost his daughter to an enemy.

IIRC, Brad always knew he was not Abby's biological father, he believed what Ashley told him, which was that her baby's father was an old friend she'd slept with. When Brad proposed to Ashley while she was pregnant he had every intention of raising her baby as his own. Ashley was the only one who knew Victor was Abby's biological father. 

I know this storyline is a mess, but that's squarely on the writers. When Ashley, Nikki and Diane were playing keep away with Victor's sperm which resulted in Ashley, um winning,  the idea of it was ridiculous, but IMO, it was fascinating to watch because of how well it was written and also because of the pacing- it was dragged out for over a year. Then the truth about Victor being Abby's father came out years after that. With this storyline, Abby spent a couple of months trying get pregnant, Mariah took a few days to agree to carry the baby for Abby and Devon decided to donate his sperm out of nowhere. Then we had the Dominic joint custody situation resolved in a week - these writers don't seem to get that pacing is important,  good writing is too, but IMO better pacing would have allowed them to explore more beats of the story, which might have saved it. The initial idea of this storyline was bad, but IMO, the execution was worse.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, ezzylin said:

IIRC, Brad always knew he was not Abby's biological father, he believed what Ashley told him, which was that her baby's father was an old friend she'd slept with. When Brad proposed to Ashley while she was pregnant he had every intention of raising her baby as his own. Ashley was the only one who knew Victor was Abby's biological father. 

Thank you, ezzylin, for clarifying that. Was this when Ashley went on a cruise with her real life partner in the role of pretend father? I was mixing that scenario up with the Robert the blanket storyline. Can you refresh me on Robert's conception?

2 hours ago, ezzylin said:

the idea of it was ridiculous, but IMO, it was fascinating to watch because of how well it was written and also because of the pacing

It was an utterly ridiculous storyline and it was an absolutely compelling storyline. 

• Love 8

Watching any scene that Devon and Amanda are in, whether individually or together, is coma-inducing. There is no fire or passion in either character. Devon has never had it; Amanda had it when she was Hillary. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Watching any scene that Devon and Amanda are in, whether individually or together, is coma-inducing. There is no fire or passion in either character. Devon has never had it; Amanda had it when she was Hillary. 

Hillary had something alright.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 1/21/2022 at 11:28 PM, crowsworks said:

Stich Stich come on - if he comes back and snatches Dom (his DNA Kid) as a do over and Devon is crushed and has to team with Chance and they have to remove their heads from their asses to save the kid. points if Abby goes momma bear and takes him out. Points if Abby gets on her hind legs and tells her BOOBY Daddies to kick rocks.

What does it mean that I'm thinking this would be a great storyline?

On 1/22/2022 at 12:16 AM, boes said:

I'm not sure Abby's really ok with how this all went down.  The words coming out of her mouth didn't match the look in her eyes.  Burn 'em all down, Abby.

What the hell did Adam do to make Victor turn on him?  The hell with it, I'm Team Adam.  You burn 'em down too, Adam.

Yep, and yep.

• Love 13

When Jack comes back maybe the “writers” could do something that I would actually relish. For awhile it looked like they were going with a Jack/Sally pairing. So. If they were thinking about the Younger Woman angle, why not try him with Amanda. He mentored Hilary, didn’t he? The actress was good with him ….then. The added bonus would be Phyllis losing it. Amanda is more than capable of taking her on; sadly, she would probably not do physical harm or murder. But she could probably step right up to the line. Nick needs a new romantic interest. The actress could probably spark with any of the males on the show except Devon. Maybe Imani could liven him up a bit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I'm no Sally fan and feel the actress tries hard to make the lame storyline something interesting. But I am tired of watching her get shot down every time. Yes she is a conniver but with all the nepotism on this show she has no choice. Today with Adam saying "your superiors" was it for me. Have been FF'd Devon, Sharon and now Sally too.  This show is so bad right now.

• Love 13