Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

You know who I'd like to see come back for a visit? Ray Wise's character, Ian Ward the cult leader. He could provide Mariah with some much needed non-baby story. He could taunt Chelsea as he did before with his little song. I still sing that line, "Chelsea two point oh-oh-oh."

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I didn’t realize how big of a man Shemar Moore is until he was next to Devon. 

Everyone is bigger than Devon, including Abby

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
38 minutes ago, boes said:

Dru was Neil's wife who Phyllis pushed over a cliff to her death.  Okay, not really, but it was close enough.  Sharon went over that cliff as well.  It was almost a red letter day for Phyllis.  Anyway, Dru is Lily's bio mom though Neil's brother Malcolm is Lily's bio dad.  She and Neil fostered Devon who they met as a homeless teenager.  Lots more story there but that's the outlin

Sorry I asked because my head just exploded!😊

Bluetooth is a total psycho {stating the obvious}. Someone should do us all a favor and actually push her over Mt. Everest and put us all out of our misery.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

Anyway, Dru is Lily's bio mom though Neil's brother Malcolm is Lily's bio dad.  

Reminds me of another terrible storyline back in the day if we worry this “Phyllis death” is the worst ever.

Dru was hopped up on Nyquil and we were supposed to believe Malcolm took advantage of her altered state to seduce and impregnate her.  Because we all know a specimen like Shemar Moore was so desperate he was up for flu sex. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Reminds me of another terrible storyline back in the day if we worry this “Phyllis death” is the worst ever.

Dru was hopped up on Nyquil and we were were supposed to believe Malcolm took advantage of her altered state to seduce and impregnate her.  Because we all know a specimen like Shemar Moore was so desperate he was up for flu sex. 

I snort-laughed at this….desperate flu sex. 

• LOL 10
(edited)

it was nice of Tucker to invite Harmony but why didn't Devon invite her?

That whole thing felt off to me. First of all, why hasn't Harmony met Dominic yet? He's almost two years old. Is her mystery job so important she couldn't spare a moment to come visit her first grandchild? Yet she could return to GC to commemorate a guy who's been dead since before Dom was born.

Second, were Harmony and Neil even that close? Seems like the only reason she showed up is because Tucker talked her into it. If Devon had really wanted Harmony to be there he could've sent a car or jet for her himself.

And third, I'm wondering if maybe they brought Harmony on to make up for Dru being barely mentioned, plus the lack of Moses, Mattie, Charlie, Olivia, and Ana. Harmony isn't related to Lily or Nate though so how does that work?

The whole thing seemed thrown together at the last minute to me. (But Abby did such a wonderful job decorating, dontcha know?🙄) And Devon and Lily were being propped merely for being raised by Neil. Yeesh, I wonder how many other out-of-the-blue excuses JG can come up with to have group events in that room because he has run this Neil worship into the ground IMO.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

“Summer pouts” could be the entire recap.

Tucker was the real MVP of this ep. He was cracking me up the entire time.

I was hoping it wasn’t Phyllis calling Daniel and whoever he was talking to would report it.

• Like 18
  • Love 4
(edited)

Fcuking European League Football!

Heads up, those in Western time zones. Y&R is being preempted today and tomorrow (Tuesday, May 9, and Wednesday, May 10) for this soccer stuff again. 🙄💩🙄💩

Usually the daily episodes show up online at CBS.com/Paramount+ in the afternoon.

I guess this is how TPTB plan to keep Y&R afloat: give its time slot to the sports division several times a month. Ehhh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 3
18 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Ray Wise's character, Ian Ward the cult leader

I remember Ray Wise from when he played attorney Jamie Rawlins on my most favorite soap of all time, Love of Life.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Usually the daily episodes show up online at CBS.com/Paramount+ in the afternoon.

One thing about catching the show on Paramount+ is that there are no commercials, which reduces the running time to 36 minutes and 29 seconds - wow, a whole 23 minutes and 71 seconds of airtime are tied up in commercials!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Love of Life.

Just ran one of the 15 minute episodes of Love of Life from 1953 on Youtube - it started with a commercial for Black Flag insect bomb that contained DDT, and it reminded me that people were spraying DDT around their homes back in those days - and I'd forgotten that the lead-in for the show back then was an announcer reciting: "Love of Life, the exciting story of Vanessa Dale and her courageous struggle for human dignity."

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Who asked for all those flashbacks of Nate talking to Elena like she's stupid? Grrr.

Jack and Diane making out on the living room couch. John Abbott would be so proud of those horny teenagers. 😏

Summer acting like Phyllis going to prison would be worse than her having killed a guy and framed someone for a murder they didn't commit. StuporGirl's brain must have the consistency of scrambled eggs right now.

Aparently someone told Allison Lanier (Summer) to stop making that exaggerated pouty face but she's struggling to control herself. I kept watching her start to push her mouth out and then she'd suddenly pull it back. Hee.

"What if," Ashley? What if you STFU? What if you snort a whole bottle of chill pills? What if you climb off your high horse and step in some poop?

Meanwhile, Tucker seemed to be enjoying watching Diane explain the facts of life on bail with an ankle monitor to Ashley and her head full of snakes. He's a riot.

Nate! You cheated on Elena! With your boss! The blasé way you were explaining things to Sharon, it sounded like all you did was work too much overtime. FOH you lying POS.

Wait, Elena thinks Nate is screwing Victoria because he wants power and success? Girl, no. Nate is a basic dog rutting after a CEO bitch in heat. Don't buy his excuses.

Daniel, use *69. Make your nutbag mommy answer her phone instead treating you like you're on a telemarketer's call list.

Oh yeah, the pool house. That's what the Abbotts call their guest cottage. Should be fun for Harrison to live there for a while but I hope the pool is empty and covered. (And Grandma Red doesn't show up. 😱)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Phone call #2 for Daniel

Daniel: hello hello

Caller: silence

Daniel: Mom?

Caller: heavy breathing

Daniel: Mommy, mommy is that you? 

Caller: softly moans

Daniel: I love you mommy I love you

Caller: Who's your mommy baby boy? I'm your mommy!

Daniel: Why are you out of breath mommy? 

Caller: you are a very naughty boy. I think you need a spanking.

Daniel: I'm at the park. Please come.

Caller: I already have.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 9

Why should we give 💩💩 about Natey Nate Nate, Elena, and Cruella. The rehashing of Natey Nate Nate and Cruella, in bed, 🤢🤢🤮

I have a question. Do the actors, that are on contract, get paid if they are on air or not?  If so, why couldn’t Cruella, Banana Breath, Nostrils, Adam, etc be at Neil’s “beautiful” memorial?  Why did the monkeys with a keyboard stop doing Cassie’s memorial?  The couldn’t find a bigger tree that was planted for Cassie?  There even could have just mentioned Cassie on the anniversary of her date. Also, there is a failure to mention Catherine on the anniversary of her death. I would imagine that Catherine was a bigger legacy to GC than Neil. Catherine got a park and Neil only got a lounge. 

Once again much to do about nothing with Summer❄️❄️❄️ being over dramatic. Crispy won’t go to prison for life. A few years at best but Summer❄️❄️❄️ coming up with a plan to ensure Crispy’s safety 😂.  I’m waiting to see how the monkeys with a keyboard are going to come up with that plan. Summer❄️❄️❄️ how are you going to keep Daniel from “blowing it up”?  I got the perfect plan Summer❄️❄️❄️ to keep your mother safe. Just come home and there is no jury in GC that will convict your mother of anything. Diane is so hated, that GC will exonerate Crispy of framing Diane for her “murder”. They will also exonerate Crispy of killing Stark. 

Ashley you are some piece of work. You can tell Jack to get out of HIS HOUSE, but he can’t tell you to leave.  Has it ever been established who pays the bills at the Abbott house?  

Kyle, Summer❄️❄️❄️, and Harrison are moving into the pool house. Does anyone know how big the pool house is?  Eric’s guest house, on the Bold and The Beautiful,  is one room with a bathroom.  Eric’s estate is a lot bigger than the Abbott estate.  Or is it like Brooke’s cottage where Hope and Liam live in on Bold and The Beautiful. 

Was Daniel really talking to Crispy or somebody else like Chance or Michael.  It was more like one of them than Crispy because it was only Daniel speaking. 

Daniel was 100% correct when he told Summer❄️❄️❄️ she sounded like Crispy and Summer❄️❄️❄️seemed to take it as a compliment.  

• Like 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That whole thing felt off to me. First of all, why hasn't Harmony met Dominic yet? He's almost two years old. Is her mystery job so important she couldn't spare a moment to come visit her first grandchild? Yet she could return to GC to commemorate a guy who's been dead since before Dom was born.

Second, were Harmony and Neil even that close? Seems like the only reason she showed up is because Tucker talked her into it. If Devon had really wanted Harmony to be there he could've sent a car or jet for her himself.

And third, I'm wondering if maybe they brought Harmony on to make up for Dru being barely mentioned, plus the lack of Moses, Mattie, Charlie, Olivia, and Ana. Harmony isn't related to Lily or Nate though so how does that work?

The whole thing seemed thrown together at the last minute to me. (But Abby did such a wonderful job decorating, dontcha know?🙄) And Devon and Lily were being propped merely for being raised by Neil. Yeesh, I wonder how many other out-of-the-blue excuses JG can come up with to have group events in that room because he has run this Neil worship into the ground IMO.

Yolanda was living with the Winters for a while when she was homeless and kind-of-but-not-really recovering from her addiction.  She stole something from Neil for drug money, but he still helped her get clean and even got her a job at Jabot.  She came onto him (Dru was still alive at the time), but he turned her down and she moved out of the apartment.   When she came back years later as Harmony, she and Neil had an affair that ended his marriage to Sophia.  I'm not debating any of the other points, but Harmony and Neil did have a connection.  

6 hours ago, Js Nana said:

One thing about catching the show on Paramount+ is that there are no commercials, which reduces the running time to 36 minutes and 29 seconds - wow, a whole 23 minutes and 71 seconds of airtime are tied up in commercials!

And most of those commercials are from Big Pharma, peddling drugs with a list of side effects that sound worse than whatever ailment they cure!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

So Dummer and Kyle are moving into the pool house - a set I'm sure we'll never see.

Diane is out on bail for a trial I'm sure we'll never see.

Tucker is in a guest room at the Abbott's in a room we'll never see.

Everybody gets take out from Society, always enough for the whole family in one bag to take home to homes we'll never see.

So WHY DID WE HAVE TO SEE SIDEPART WHINING THAT "NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME AND HOW SUCCESSFUL I AM" WHILE SHARON PSCHOBABBLED TO THAT DUMB AS SHIT MANBABY!!?!?!?!?!?!?

That's something I would have been thrilled never to see, unless it involved Elena gelding him like a Christmas goose.

Sorry I yelled.

Oh yeah, Ashley SHUT UP.  

Damn, I'm getting hoarse.

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Yolanda was living with the Winters for a while when she was homeless and kind-of-but-not-really recovering from her addiction.  She stole something from Neil for drug money, but he still helped her get clean and even got her a job at Jabot.  She came onto him (Dru was still alive at the time), but he turned her down and she moved out of the apartment.   When she came back years later as Harmony, she and Neil had an affair that ended his marriage to Sophia.  

Thank you! I barely remembered any of this. Now I'm even more surprised Harmony dared to show her face at the re-memorial. Good thing Moses and Sophia didn't attend or that could've been awkward.   

Friggin Sharon, serving up coffee and advice all day.  She should hang a shingle and rename the coffee shop.

Yeah but if Sharon made it official that she was using the coffeehouse as her therapy office she'd have to keep what people tell her confidential. This way she can casually let people think what they're telling her is private and then she can gossip about them later. I don't know why anyone assumes they're receiving real therapy from her for the price of a cup of coffee. You get what you pay for couldn't be more apt as far as Sharon's concerned.

So WHY DID WE HAVE TO SEE SIDEPART WHINING THAT "NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME AND HOW SUCCESSFUL I AM" WHILE SHARON PSCHOBABBLED TO THAT DUMB AS SHIT MANBABY!!?!?!?!?!?!?

IKR? I really don't understand Nate at all. Is he actually messed up in the head because he doesn't seem to see how he keeps doing stuff to hurt the people closest to him. And it's not minor things like forgetting to send a birthday card or skipping out on lunch date. What happened to him?

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I was worried for Danny boy yesterday. Summer had that same wild eyed look on her face that Crispy has perfected. I thought he was gearing up for a swim in Lake Velour. 

Is that the first time they’ve done an establishing shot of the Abbot mansion? I figured it would be bigger since half of Genoa City lives there. Seriously, all those wealthy people living under the same roof like it’s damn Southfork or something. The ghost of John Abbot should show up and just bring the roof down on all of them just to shut them up. 

Mariah, sweetheart, boundaries. Did you not see Kyle’s bouffant was in distress? Why did he start talking like Batman at the end of that conversation? 

Tucker is the best part of this show. I want him to show up in every scene and give running commentary on all these knuckleheads. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

TSJ's Tucker is my sole reason to tune in.

Loved him teasing Diana, who was pacing by the pool house, saying "You must miss the jail yard, eh? You wanna lift some weights or have a knife fight?"

Fvyj1J5X0AANlRA?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
(edited)
On 5/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, Js Nana said:

One thing about catching the show on Paramount+ is that there are no commercials, which reduces the running time to 36 minutes and 29 seconds - wow, awhole 23 minutes and 71 seconds of airtime are tied up in commercials!

Same result with the FF button. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Remember Ana, Harmony's bio daughter? I think she wasn't at the party because she was on tour. This group hated her singing. 

She was allegedly on tour with her grandfather, who was near death at one point but now apparently is able to tour, go figure!

Today we were pre empted AGAIN by motherfucking soccer. What the Actual Fuck are they doing airing that shit midday?!?

• Like 5
  • Hugs 2
(edited)

Whoa, Audra's hair. And those lips. Guess she was all about the chola look today.

Of course Connor isn't thrilled about his impending baby sister. Adam and Chelsea really didn't need to dump that on him yet. Chelsea stays creating unnecessary drama for her kids.

So Victoria specifically wasn't invited to Neil's re-memorial. Hmmm.

Elena, sweetie, you lose 'em how you got 'em. Stop agonizing over it. Nate is not worth the energy.

Victoria is unbelievable. In her view she was attracted to Nate so she was simply entitled to have him. No shame at all about what she helped do to Elena. But at least she has Nikki to give her the real talk wrt the potential liabilities of screwing your subordinate.

Don't Connor and Johnny both attend Walnut Grove? Billy and Chelsea made it sound like those two hardly ever see each other when they probably eat lunch together at school every day.

Audra is so shady. The last thing Elena should be doing is using her podcast to get back at Victoria. Trying to take revenge against a Newman usually doesn't end well for the person who attempts it.

Adam, you know Nick won't sit still for Sally working for you again, even if Victor claims he'll stay out of it. Sally does not need more messiness while she's baking your baby.

Ruh roh, Nate just figured out how Elena knew to track him down in L.A. with Victoria. Audra might want to start updating her resume, lol.

Loved him teasing Diana, who was pacing by the pool house, saying "You must miss the jail yard, eh? You wanna lift some weights or have a knife fight?"

FYI, I don't think that scene has been shown in the US yet. But wow, wouldn't it be interesting if the pool house caught on fire again?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Right off the bat we got two double entendres.  Cruella to Nikki, “we accomplished our goals” and Elena to Audra, “they were hard at something, but it wasn’t work”. 

The way Audra was dressed today definitely was not in the vein of the bluebird of happiness but in the vein of gloom and doom. Her hair and lipstick color gave her the air of a dark angel. 

What the fantastic father. Once again Banana Breath leaves Christian alone with his nanny. Maybe home alone by himself chained to his bed in the attic.  Sally, should realize that Banana Breath has little regard for Christian so why does she expect it will be anything different with another child of Adam.  Sally asked Banana Breath not to confront Victor, but did he comply with her wishes?  Obviously not. 

The more I see Audra the easier it became apparent to me that Audra was a better fit with Noah than Allie is with Noah. Audra is the antithesis of Noah.  Audra would bring out the passion in the quiet, brooding, and boring Noah. Allie, is boring and Noah is even more boring. Eventually sex between them will be boring. I would imagine that Audra puts a lot more imagination into “love making”. 

Adam offering Sally a job, which I knew would happen, was as obvious as the 👃on Nostrils face.  With Victor on board with Sally working for Adam, Banana Breath would be wise not to object; but when Banana Breath ever wise  

Adam and Sally working together again and handing Cruella and Natey Nate Nate a major loss, in the media market, would be such a joyful and rewarding occurrence. Please please monkey with a keyboard, to use the words of Captain Picard, “make it so”. 

Natey Nate Nate is brilliant and charming says Cruella?  This comes from a person who thought Nostrils was brilliant and charming. Natey Nate Nate is as ridged and condescending as you Cruella. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

As an aside, I’m watching the Mets/Reds baseball game. The pitcher, for the Reds, name is Gibault. It’s pronounced Jabot. The first time I heard the announcer say his name, I thought it was a Y&R commercial 😇 because I was looking away from my TV. 

• LOL 13

Has Sally ever met Christian?  Has she ever even been to Nick's house?  The entirety of their relationship seems to have been spent in Sally's hotel rooms.  

This show cracks me up with the way they handle sales of huge corporations.  It's like Tucker just transfered the title of his Honda over to Victor, who handed the keys to Adam.  "Okeydoke, I'm CEO now!"

Elena gave up a position at Johns Hopkins to be with NastyNuts, which must really sting now.  I hope she sticks around.  The show needs some genuinely nice normal people.  They need to bring back that silver fox Dr. Neville for her.  She's earned it!  

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 5/9/2023 at 9:29 PM, Snaporaz said:

Yolanda was living with the Winters for a while when she was homeless and kind-of-but-not-really recovering from her addiction.  She stole something from Neil for drug money, but he still helped her get clean and even got her a job at Jabot.  She came onto him (Dru was still alive at the time), but he turned her down and she moved out of the apartment.   When she came back years later as Harmony, she and Neil had an affair that ended his marriage to Sophia.  I'm not debating any of the other points, but Harmony and Neil did have a connection.  

And most of those commercials are from Big Pharma, peddling drugs with a list of side effects that sound worse than whatever ailment they cure!

Exactly. Serious infection of the skin of the perineum? Where do I sign up? 😫

• LOL 10

Does anyone else think Victor’s master plan is to get Sally and Adam back together? I know he dislikes Sally, but he hates Nick with Sally more.  He once berated Nick for getting in the way of Adam being with her and their kid, and rightfully sees Nick as wronging Adam by dating Sally.  I don’t know, but when Victor accepted Adam’s conditions, Victor came across, to me, as if he was getting exactly what he wanted.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Bunnyto4 said:

Oh it gets even better than the Big Pharma ads. Have you guys seen that creepy ad for car insurance with that whiter than white lady who somehow equates PATRIOTIC FREEDOM with car insurance and gives some random ass quote from Thomas Paine? It's amazing how skeevy it is.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Oh it gets even better than the Big Pharma ads. Have you guys seen that creepy ad for car insurance with that whiter than white lady who somehow equates PATRIOTIC FREEDOM with car insurance and gives some random ass quote from Thomas Paine? It's amazing how skeevy it is.

I hate that commercial!  What does Thomas Paine have to do with car insurance 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Please tell me Sally doesn't have to get permission from daddy Nick to accept Adam's job offer. Ugh.

Since when is Adam able to greet Ashley like they're old pals? Guess that whole thing where he caused her to have a miscarriage and then threw the fetus into the fireplace is bygones. At least on his part, anyway.

Geez, Sharon. Can't a person get a cup of coffee in peace? Stop swooping in on people, because not everyone wants to share their feelings with you. Especially if they've got something big to hide like Summer does.

Shut up, Nick. You are not the be-all, end-all for Sally. Here, have some Skippy Super Chunk to go with your jelly. 😏

Summer, yes, your brother may indeed be judgmental. However, committing murder and protecting a murderer are a couple of things normal people don't approve of. Daniel = moral high ground.

Hmm, I'm going to give Round 947 of the Jack vs. Ashley battle to Jack. He had her on the ropes today and she couldn't scram out of his office fast enough, lol.

Good on Sally for trying to set some boundaries with Nick wrt her dealings with Adam but it may too late. Nick has dug deep into his self-appointed role as her protector against Victor and Adam.

Chance was looking rather sloppy today IMO. Did he get dressed in the dark? His hair was still perfect though. 😻

Whatever, Chloe. You've been glomming onto Sally's talent long enough. She doesn't need you harping on her personal life decisions all the time.

Yikes, Tucker played right into Diane's hands. Bet he didn't expect she'd immediately tell Jack he offered to help her disappear. Ashley's reaction should be fun. 🙄

Oy, sure hope Adam didn't just provoke Nick into proposing to Sally. Nick doesn't love her and I don't even think he respects her very much.

Daniel's going to tell Jack about Phyllis? Not sure how helpful that will be.

What does Thomas Paine have to do with car insurance 

I believe that commercial is a dog whistle. It's aimed at the same people who'd get reverse mortgages merely because Tom Selleck said it was a good idea. I find those ads repugnant but have to admit they're well-written for their purpose. And this off-topic so nm.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4