Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, real talk from Nick to Sally about Adam. Too bad she wasn't ready to hear it.

(…)

Chloe has the patience of a saint. First she had to deal with crazypants Chelsea bouncing off the walls, and now she has to talk Sally down from the ceiling. Phew.

I quite enjoyed Nick trying to convince Sally she was making a very stupid choice in resigning. JM looked wide awake and everything.

I really hope Patience of a Saint Chloe got to her because pathetic dishrag Sally is not fun.

So whose life will the Newmans ruin next?

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’m beginning to like Banana Breath more and more everyday because he’s becoming the voice of reason. First on talking Olive into giving Sally a chance to prove herself and second trying to talk Sally out of resigning.  When push comes to shove I’m pro Adam and Sally but I’m much more pro Sally than Adam.  Wow!  Even Chloe is making sense today 👍👍

I actually sat shaking my head after today's episode, realizing that somehow Nick and Chloe have become the voices of reason and Chance is acting (for now, anyway) like a competent police investigator. I don't know what to make of this, smh!

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

What the heck is going on???

Am I the only one wondering why all this intrigue is necessary? Ashland was unwelcome in Victoria’s house, was aggressive and Nick punched him and ACCIDENTALLY killed him. No crime! Why in the world did Victor and Michael feel the need to move and hide the body? This is a complete nothing burger. 
I’m annoyed that my time is being wasted in this.

I know Adam and Sally are popular but for the past two days I have had to fast-forward that repetitive conversation about their breakup.

Team Chloe and Chance. Everybody else on this show is bugging me. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

So, did Ashland die from his head injury, or from the car crashing into the ravine? The medical examiner should be able to determine that, IRL anyway. If he was still alive when Victor’s goons removed him from Victoria’s house, then Victor is the one responsible for his death. Wouldn’t be the first time.  

You could tell Chance wasn’t buying Victor’s explanation that his goons were watching the house from a distance, but called him instead of approaching the house when something seemed wrong. 

I’m sure at some point in the future Victor will tell Nick that Nick killed Ashland and that Victor set up the accident to protect him. Never mind the fact that Ashland hitting his head was an accident. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Stpauliegirl said:

So, did Ashland die from his head injury, or from the car crashing into the ravine? The medical examiner should be able to determine that, IRL anyway. If he was still alive when Victor’s goons removed him from Victoria’s house, then Victor is the one responsible for his death. Wouldn’t be the first time.  

Or was his body set in the drivers seat and then the car crashed to look like  an accident?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm always going to be convinced that deep down some part of Victor LIKES when these incidents happen.   So that he can show his kids he "takes care" of them and how much they need and owe him.  Great father.  

Chance is raising his stock in this story, IMO.  He finally looks competent and in his element, and it's coming off well.

A lot of what Chloe said today is kind of self serving and she's probably going to say the same thing about Adam regardless.  But still, she was right to do it and I do think she cares about Sally.  The thing is, despite Adam probably not being as uncaring as she says he is,  I can't blame Chloe because the end result of the stunts he pulls looks EXACTLY like what she warns about.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

If you are doing CPR correctly, you will crack ribs and a competent medical examiner should be able to tell the difference between those and any bones broken by the greater force & acceleration of a car accident. That's what Y&R needs, a full-time Medical Examiner for all the people killed accidentally or on purpose by the Newman family.  Preferably one with a good sense of dark humour like Tamara Tunie or Leslie Hendrix on Law & Order and a possible date for Jack.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

That's what Y&R needs, a full-time Medical Examiner for all the people killed accidentally or on purpose by the Newman family.  Preferably one with a good sense of dark humour like Tamara Tunie or Leslie Hendrix on Law & Order and a possible date for Jack.

What a great idea! And Tamara Tunie would be perfect. Hey TPTB, do it.

Why hasn't Chance recused himself from the investigation of his BIL, SIL & FIL?  

Because the GCPD only have one detective now and Chance is it. He must get hella overtime having to cover all the cases, all the time. 🤠

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I enjoyed Nick with Sally but I hope they don’t go there romantically. 
I do hope Adam comes back but at this time she needs to have some self respect. She should not be begging him.

All of this! I think Nick and Sally will be good as friends, poor little rich girl Vicboria will grow to respect her professionally (as much as she can respect anyone who isn't her raggedy ass daddy), Nikki will drown in a rainstorm from having her nose stuck up in the air, and Adam...since he's running off to Vegas, may his barstool turn into a cactus.

Go get 'em, Chance!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, why is it that Phyllis, Victoria, and Chloe have been allowed to change clothes but Sally is STILL in that green dress? 🤨

Well I have to say Phyllis looked good in her black slacks and top with no saggy boobs in sight. I wonder though what it must feel like sitting on sequins or beads or whatever those things were on her pants.

Wow, real talk from Nick to Sally about Adam. Too bad she wasn't ready to hear it.

Phyllis told Summer the Guava Punctuation was a well-oiled machine. Sure, by cheap corn oil that's been sitting in the sun all day in a plastic tub which doubles as a litter box. The only time that place runs smoothly is when Phyllis is out of town and Crystal is in charge. 😏

Chloe has the patience of a saint. First she had to deal with crazypants Chelsea bouncing off the walls, and now she has to talk Sally down from the ceiling. Phew.

Summer saw through Phyllis right away on the Marchetti thing but then Phyllis just ramped up the lies. What an awful mother Phyllis is. She'll use her own daughter to get revenge on Diane.

Chance seemed to realize that Victor and Nick were backing up each other's version of what happened with Ashland, and that he might not be getting the whole truth. However, I continue to wonder why he doesn't interview them separately.

At what point is Victor going to tell Nick that his goons got rid of Ashland? I could see him holding this over Nick's head indefinitely to keep him in line. No good deed go unpunished by daddy Vic.

Heh, Chloe better hope Adam doesn't stop by Sally's office again or all her hard work straightening Sally out this evening will have been for naught.

Wonder if anyone will bother to let Tara know Ashland is dead. She might want to comfort her son.

This whole King Kong investigation is a joke. It’s self defense not a murder. The only crime is hindering an investigation and tampering with a corpse. 

Tara?  Tara who?  

• Love 9

I am wondering if Victor’s crack security team actually discovered Ashland was really dead and orchestrated the car accident to cover it up making it look like an accidental death making Nick correct in that there was no pulse as he Kees repeating over and over!?!

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Whoo, Chance giving Nick that narrow-eyed stare like, "Do you Newmans ever stop lying?"

Kyle spoke of Tara Locke in passing as if she's dead too. And now they're referring to Summer as Harrison's mother instead of his stepmother. Given that Harrison has a mother who is only in prison and not in a grave, that's some b.s. IMO. Why do the Abbotts fail so hard at this stuff?

Y&R must've gotten a good deal on men's casual shirts. Chance, Kyle, and Adam were all looking like they were on vacation today.

I thought Mariah's hair looked glorious.

Sharon stays being messy. She should not have told Adam what Sally had confided in her. Why is she all up in their business, acting like she's giving them free couples counseling? AFAIC, as Adam's ex, Sharon is making mockery of her professional ethics.

So Johnny and Katie are back from camp. Sure hope Victoria's had a chance to get the house cleaned up after their uncle turned it into a murder scene. ☠💀

Diane drops in at the Abbott manse whenever she wants now. Bet Jack's soon gonna wish he'd nipped her unannounced visits in the bud before she became more and more emboldened.

Lol, Harrison just found out Father ain't coming back ever and DeeDee is actually his grandmother. How is the kid's head not exploding? Guess they'll have to let him eat a whole tray of brownies for dinner, lol.

Poor Harrison is going to need so much therapy. With all the parental upheavals he's had in his young life, he may turn out to be troubled with a capital T. He'll make Connor look like an altar boy. "And why didn't you a-holes ever cut my hair? Had me out here looking like Fabio Jr. I hate all of you except Mrs. Martinez!" 😉

Re the previews for next week: hey, it's Kevin. I thought he was busy camping it up over in Salem, ha ha. (Seriously, GR's wardrobe on DAYS is amazing. He must have so much fun with his flamboyant role over there.)

pretty face, curly hair and tight buns.

Yeah, Chance is one of the few characters who looks as good leaving a scene as he does entering it. 👀

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Wow!  Kyle spoke Tara’s name and he didn’t burst into flames.  Kyle technically Harrison lost two parents and how did Kyle explain to Harrison that his mother’s “never” coming home.  Even if Tara was in prison, she still could keep in contact with Harrison but yet Tara was completely obliterated from Harrison’s life.  Not even a mention by Harrison nor Kyle about notifying his mother.  Diane comforting Harrison was very special and I’m sure Diane did a much better job than Kyle could because of her compassion for the situation. 

Mariah and Tessa are so cute together TIIC actually gave them a matching hair color.  Mariah and Tessa 😍

A brooding Banana Breath is nothing new as is Chance 2.0’s dogged determination to get to the bottom of what happened to King Kong; but in Chance 2.0’s situation, it’s just a way to give him more airtime because it’s really much to do about nothing.  What Chance 2.0 thinks and what Chance 2.0 can prove are as different as night and day. Olive and Banana Breath really don’t know how King Kong was moved and if he thinks that he can squeeze Victor, he’s delusional.  So what is Banana Breath’s malfunction even if Victor had a hand in moving King Kong?  Will it make him feel better if he outed Victor and got arrested?  What a shit head.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t condone what Victor has done. It would be a lot better story and Banana Breath would be a lot happier if he was arrested and went to trial.  

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Uggghhh Tessa looked so much better with dark hair. Who’s idea was this

ok back because now I am looking at what seems to be a dead yellow animal on Sharon’s head.

WTF hair department?

Edited by lgprimes
Another atrocity detected
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Did they just put old scripts in a bag and pull lines out? In addition to the JT lines Ashland's body moved to behind the wheel in a ravine just like Summer's dead husband...was his name Austin? 

Need to catch up on the posts here so sorry if someone else already pointed this out.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Please don't remind us of Austin, because then we'd have to remember that we lost the lovely Detective Hard-ing on the alter of that atrocious storyline where Noah also lost his Blonde Barbie Cop in the wardrobe!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So Paul quit the GCPD to become Adam's travel agent?  

Rey died in a car crash (possibly in a ravine?).   Austin's body fell out of an armoire at the Abbott cabin.

It would be hilarious if this cover-up is The Thing that brings down TGVN and all the Newmans.  Ashland getting his revenge from beyond.  Maybe Harrison (via Grampa Jack, of course) files a wrongful death civil suit and takes them for everything they're worth. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Rey died in a car crash (possibly in a ravine?).   Austin's body fell out of an armoire at the Abbott cabin.

Someone (was it Kyle? Fake Jack? Not sure we ever found out) stole the body and put it behind the wheel of a car in a ravine after the group at the cabin found him in the armoire and moved him outside into the snow. 

I'd love for this to be what brings Victor down. That would be extremely satisfying.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

I thought that, overall, the scene where Lil' Hassenpheffer was informed that El Duce was morte came off pretty well.  Liking NuSummer though I'm hoping they give her something to actually do other than react to her crazy mother or diaper and change Kyle very soon.  I've seen her do other things and the actress is good, IMO.

Mariah, I love you, but STFU and let Tessa express her worries about this surgery.  Insisting everything is Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows not only infringes on Lesley Gore's royalties, you're forcing your wife to keep quiet about her fears to quiet your own.  

Sharon, no more profile shots for a while.  You had a surprising resemblance to Miss Gulch of the Wizard of Oz fame if she'd gone blonde.  Not a good look.

Any reason, any good reason, that Chance can't be a detective in just a speedo?  I mean, it does get plenty hot and humid in Cheese County and I'm only thinking of his comfort.

Nick looks supremely uncomfortable in a suit, and that pocket square looked a lot more like he'd stuffed his compression shorts in there instead of a hanky.  And the way he kept shifting his weight side to side and grimacing make me think he'd sat on a pile of Christian's legos while taping his shoes to his feet and it HURTS, dammit!

Does the Newman Board know that what Nick thinks of as a pocket calculator is NOT what comes to mind for them?  

Just wait till he shows them his first spread sheet....

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 23
6 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Yeah, I was like - what, who??? Paul's absence from the show is ridiculous. It was cruel of the MWTs to use Paul's name in vain like that. Of course it's just more likely that they couldn't think of a different first name. The next phone call Adam makes will probably be to Snapper the dry cleaner.

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

Yeah that was weird. Adam spoke to this person twice and both times I replayed the moment a couple of times to make sure I'd heard it right. The close captioning said "Paula" so I think either the audience (and DD) were being trolled or MG simply didn't enunciate the final syllable clearly enough.

Nick looks supremely uncomfortable in a suit,

He sure does. I couldn't figure out if the suit didn't fit or he was just being fidgety. Hopefully he'll be so upset about the Ashland thing that he'll soon decide the corporate life isn't for him any more. Or as COO he'll decide Casual Friday is every day now so no more suits!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/27/2022 at 3:36 PM, MsMalin said:
  Hide contents

So Poppin' Fresh is dead, but can the MWT's please let us have a funeral? I for one opt for a cremation, after Victoria sprinkles chocolate chips on his corpse. The sweet smell wafting out from the crematorium could cover up all the stinking lies the Newmans try to foist off on the rest of the service's attendees.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
(edited)
On 7/28/2022 at 10:57 PM, JNavarro said:

A lot of what Chloe said today is kind of self serving and she's probably going to say the same thing about Adam regardless.  But still, she was right to do it and I do think she cares about Sally.  The thing is, despite Adam probably not being as uncaring as she says he is,  I can't blame Chloe because the end result of the stunts he pulls looks EXACTLY like what she warns about.  

I couldn't agree more. I felt so bad for Sally when she said the line "I don't want to believe that he stopped loving me or never loved me at all" CH was wonderful in those scenes, it was quite heartbreaking and I wished that Chloe had been more comforting in that moment but then I had to remember that Chloe has been in this situation multiple times with Chelsea and Nick with Chelsea and Sharon and although they came off as quite cold with Sally it wasn't personal and was moreover because they've seen it so many times with Adam that they are all out of sympathy. They are focused on the end goal, get these women away from him and focusing on their own happiness.  And you are correct that no matter the reason he still ended up doing EXACTLY what Chloe told Sally (multiple times) that he would do to her and in a much more horrific way than either Sally or Chloe could have dreamed he would.

Complete dipshit move by Adam to assume that he knows what's best for Sally and what she wants, and put someone through that kind of pain.   And it's not romantic to watch her begging to be taken back for something she didn't even cause.  At some point, she's got to stand up for herself and move on if he's going to be so ridiculous.  Like, it sucks, but that's on HIM.

I think it's important to note that it's only been one day. He just dropped this on her out of absolutely nowhere after telling her had a plan to keep her in power. We may be watching this over the course of a week but it's just one day for Sally. I say give the girl some time to process. It's not every day your partner in love and business does an complete aboutface and gaslights you into hell for randomly inexplicable reasons. Also it's valuable to note that Sally overhead him pretty much admitting he lied about the reason he broke up with her at the coffeeshop. She wasn't in pursuit of him then, she was just hanging out there and that revelation spurned a new wave (in the same day) of hope for her. Most girls take months (sometimes years) to get over a breakup, Sally's been snapped at by two different people because she hasn't put a massive betrayal behind her the same day it happened.

Adam is right.  Sally is desperate and she needs to stop working that mouth of hers in his face and give him some space, even if she is right in feeling that he still loves her.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if she pulled the stunt she pulled in B&B, faking having a fatal illness so she could keep Wyatt from moving on to Flo.   

Nah, Adam is seldom right and frankly what he did to Sally was bordering on a form of Narcissistic Abuse. If he wanted to break up with her then he should have just broken up with her and that's that but the name-calling and the blame game and denying he loved her and telling her she was a mistake that cost him everything was a profound and disturbing form of gaslighting that was horrific, HORRIFIC to watch. It's one thing to want to end a relationship but to turn around and gaslight your partner to the extent that you have them questioning their own reality and judgement is a form of narcissism and it's a sickness that Adam has.  I wouldn't want to see any woman on that show treated that way least of all my favourite, Sally Spectra.

She's taking it A LOT better than I would, frankly. That only took place in one day. Are you saying that if your boyfriend whom declared up and down that he loved you and would do anything to keep you in your position suddenly broke up with you and started spewing all this nonsense at you you'd just shrug your shoulders and walk away in one day? Because that really doesn't seem at all realistic.

JG is really disturbed for this storyline and I absolutely abhor how he took one of the healthiest couples on the show and destroyed them like this. He did the same thing to Tessa and Mariah last year when he was making Mariah treat Tessa like absolute garbage for no reason whatsoever. If I were Tessa I would have walked away frankly, because that was months of thoughtless, bullying, cruel behaviour where she made Tessa the scapegoat for her trauma and it was completely out of character for Mariah to treat Tessa that way in the same way this bullshit writing for Adam came out of leftfield. It's giving Bold and Beautiful energy to be honest, storylines with the attention span of a gnat. Awful.

I agree with the poster upthread who was happy Nick talked some sense into Sally after Sharon's terrible advice. Although I appreciate Sharon being in Sally's corner like Sally has been in hers recently (and I hope they become friends) that was absolutely terrible, terrible advice to give and I knew Nick wasn't going to have any of it. He, more than anyone, is sick to death of watching otherwise intelligent women sacrifice themselves at the altar of his punishing brother.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Nah, Adam is seldom right and frankly what he did to Sally was bordering on a form of Narcissistic Abuse. If he wanted to break up with her then he should have just broken up with her and that's that but the name-calling and the blame game and denying he loved her and telling her she was a mistake that cost him everything was a profound and disturbing form of gaslighting that was horrific, HORRIFIC to watch. It's one thing to want to end a relationship but to turn around and gaslight your partner to the extent that you have them questioning their own reality and judgement is a form of narcissism and it's a sickness that Adam has.  I wouldn't want to see any woman on that show treated that way least of all my favourite, Sally Spectra.

Nah, she's not my favorite character, and I stand by opinion that she should just leave him alone.  That way, she won't be gaslighted, if that's what you want to call it. 

I'd roll over laughing if fake dying Sally emerged out of desperation. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Nah, Adam is seldom right and frankly what he did to Sally was bordering on a form of Narcissistic Abuse. If he wanted to break up with her then he should have just broken up with her and that's that but the name-calling and the blame game and denying he loved her and telling her she was a mistake that cost him everything was a profound and disturbing form of gaslighting that was horrific, HORRIFIC to watch.

I personally would not use 'horrific' to describe what happened between Adam and Sally. She of the fake dying BS and all the shady shit she did when she got to GC? She's batshit crazy IMO. And Adam always does shit like this. To me, this isn't horrific, I'd use that to describe when Ashley lost her baby and was gaslit, or when Sharon's baby was stolen or whatever that BS was (didn't Adam take Faith or some bullshit like that?). But this, with Adam lying to Sally about the breakup, it's like Newman garden-variety bullshit that, if you're going to lay with a Newman this comes with the territory.

3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

JG is really disturbed for this storyline and I absolutely abhor how he took one of the healthiest couples on the show and destroyed them like this.

Sally and Adam are two of the last characters on this shitshow that I would classify as mentally and emotionally healthy. Sally was perping some BS upon arrival in GC. Adam, well, the list of fuckery is way too long to list right now, but he's never been stable even when he's pretending to me. But I realize that each person's MMV!

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, gingerella said:

I personally would not use 'horrific' to describe what happened between Adam and Sally. She of the fake dying BS and all the shady shit she did when she got to GC? She's batshit crazy IMO. And Adam always does shit like this. To me, this isn't horrific, I'd use that to describe when Ashley lost her baby and was gaslit, or when Sharon's baby was stolen or whatever that BS was (didn't Adam take Faith or some bullshit like that?). But this, with Adam lying to Sally about the breakup, it's like Newman garden-variety bullshit that, if you're going to lay with a Newman this comes with the territory.

Sally and Adam are two of the last characters on this shitshow that I would classify as mentally and emotionally healthy. Sally was perping some BS upon arrival in GC. Adam, well, the list of fuckery is way too long to list right now, but he's never been stable even when he's pretending to me. But I realize that each person's MMV!

Yeah but that's because of your personal feelings towards the character. You obviously dislike Sally, that doesn't change that fact that it's a horrific thing to do to someone you claim to love and it qualifies as a form of narcissistic abuse to blame all of your failures on your partner and make them feel stupid for believing that you loved them. Whether or not you care about the character the facts are the facts about the terrible behaviour and treatment.

Edited by slayer2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
(edited)

I also don't really take Sally's latter behaviour on B & B too seriously because I find that show doesn't write characterizations so much as plot points. From Maya to Rick to Allie to Thomas I've seen so many characters sacrificed for horrible plot points and only the chosen few get to have a personality and I'm a little disturbed that it looks like Josh Griffiths is in that habit as well.

I was not a Rey and Sharon shipper but I was very disturbed to see how Jordi was killed off the show with not so much as a death scene at the altar of Victoria and Ashland angst. I felt it was a pretty despicable thing to do to an actor who has been on the show for quite a few years and had a reputation as someone who is reliable and good to work with. Similarly the offing of Keemo (two BIPOC characters killed off in a month) to usher in Diane was also pretty gross to me.

And now we have Adam randomly dumping Sally, Nick being a quiet murderer, Sharon's only role is Coffee House Whisperer and interesting characters like Imani being wasted chasing after (who I consider to be) the most boring character on the show. It seems like Josh is taking a page from Bradley Bell's plot driven book and I don't like it.

Unpopular opinion but I rather enjoyed the period where the actors couldn't really touch each other because it brought out some really heartfelt and powerful conversations and performances that HAD to be character driven.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

My God is MS a terrible actress. She is worse now than when she started! It is so bad it is like Phyllis never has organic, genuine conversations.  

I was just coming to post my ongoing dislike of Phyllis. Plus why are they dressing her so ghastly? Her boobs looked squeezed uncomfortably and the freckling / aging is very noticeable. Then she barks at Diane like a jealous ogre. 
I hope that Summer and Diane grow closer to make her head spin. Also how did Phyllis help Kyle grow up? He was out of town a lot and she was busy jumping in the sack with Nick for most of his upbringing.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

My God is MS a terrible actress. She is worse now than when she started! It is so bad it is like Phyllis never has organic, genuine conversations.  

Terrible wardrobe, terrible, hammy, over emoting. She spoils every scene she is in. Some things are not her fault - but the acting choices are. And the show will never be rid of her; her fanbase is rabid, seems large and very vocal. And Jack still professes his love for her. What shocks me is how her costars tolerate constantly being upstaged.

We are pretty certain how this will end. Phyllis will end up exposing Diane for whatever she is up to. Jack will be sorry for every “mean” thing he ever said to her. 

I think someone upthread mentioned her possibly being suited for a more supportive role instead of a leading one. And the Phyllis character, in small doses, with this actress, could actually be not terrible.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Kemper said:

Terrible wardrobe, terrible, hammy, over emoting. She spoils every scene she is in. Some things are not her fault - but the acting choices are. And the show will never be rid of her; her fanbase is rabid, seems large and very vocal. And Jack still professes his love for her. What shocks me is how her costars tolerate constantly being upstaged.

We are pretty certain how this will end. Phyllis will end up exposing Diane for whatever she is up to. Jack will be sorry for every “mean” thing be ever said to her. 

I think someone upthread mentioned her possibly being suited for a more supportive role instead of a leading one. And the Phyllis character, in small doses, with this actress, could actually be not terrible.

The character is so one-dimensional. She is the spunky vixen who loves fiercely. @@  Man … how ‘bout dressing her in jeans and a tshirt occasionally, particularly in a park. lol. (Diane always heading to the park in a dress and heels. lol) 

But they *think* she has layers with a tough exterior but yet pshe feels so deeply. The show would be better with her gone.

And the dresses are so not flattering. She is about my age and she looks way better than me but you are right - her skin is not young and taut so the revealing dresses actually make her look older and desperate. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Kemper said:

We are pretty certain how this will end. Phyllis will end up exposing Diane for whatever she is up to. Jack will be sorry for every “mean” thing he ever said to her. 

I mentioned upthread she needs to be worked into a matron story line, coifed and dressed in that vein. The problem is plotting a male character she could look comfortable with in this present level of immaturity. She still wants to be the "cool sexy mom" and she has aged out of it, IMO. She slept with Jack to pee higher on the tree than Diane. Jack was hurt and disgusted to be used, correctly observing that Phyllis hadn't changed. Now today she is shrieking like a harridan about how if he loved her he would be assisting her in ridding GC of Diane's presence. So, again, she hasn't changed. Everyone has to run her course, do what she thinks they should, a real "my way or the highway" mentality, and "I am always right" mindset. Such an adolescent trapped in a 50+ year old woman's body. If the MWT's have any desire to energize this show (they don't, sadly) try this: Let Phyllis be wrong. Have her get so hyped up, so exerted about it, she has a fatal heart attack. They won't even need to show it, or have a funeral for her. Just do scenes with the rest of the cast telling each other, or discussing it.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Also how did Phyllis help Kyle grow up? He was out of town a lot and she was busy jumping in the sack with Nick for most of his upbringing.

Is she referring to the time, when Kyle was being played by the FrankenKyle actor, that she "accidentally" fell into his arms, in an attempt to faux seduce him?  Maybe that's what she thinks was "helping him grow up?"

Or could it be the many times over the years that she's dissed him, sneered at him, treated him like crap, always when Jack was nowhere near.

Yeah, she's a regular Mother Earth.

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Jack said Diane has a real touch communicating with little ones. Since when? A sample size of one kid is hardly evidence of a pattern.

Meh, Amanda wasn't exactly looking like a corporate attorney with her perky boobies on display. I thought her dress was a great color for her but otherwise, yikes.

Tessa seemed to have been doing a wee bit of social distancing around Faith at the coffehouse. Hmm.

What a sad, empty life Phyllis must have. When she's not obsessing about Diane, she's going on and on and on about Jack. Maybe she should get a pet, like a tarantula or an anaconda. 😏

It's still so weird how much of Amanda's storyline takes place off-screen.

Well helllooo, Nate. How you doin'? The doctor is in, baby!

Poor Summer, having to listen to Phyllis' daily whining about Jack and Diane. It's like a second job and she's not even getting paid unless you count the free coffee drinks.

Loved the expressive faces Tessa was making since she couldn't talk after her throat operation.

Oh, Diane, you need to stop poking the bear--or whatever kind of feral beast Phyllis is. Nothing good comes of it. Though I think in this case perhaps Diane was betting on Jack showing up just as Phyllis was about to combust. Sigh, Jack is like a living Ken doll sometimes, a simple toy for two manipulative women to use for their amusement.

Nate, there's this office concept you need to familiarize yourself with: CYA. Document everything, especially when a given situation involves Devon. If you had cc'd him on the stuff you were working on, there would've been less opportunity for mistakes. That is unless Devon decided to claim he wasn't checking on work stuff while he was out of town with Amanda.

IMO Phyllis did have a small point about Jack not calling Diane out on her continued provoking of Phyllis. But OTOH, Phyllis is a grown-a$$ woman and it's not Jack's job to protect her from Diane's behavior. Phyllis has this goofy notion that she and Jack are still a couple despite his repeatedly telling her they are not.

What was that thing Elena put on Nate's pillow?

Let Phyllis be wrong. Have her get so hyped up, so exerted about it, she has a fatal heart attack. They won't even need to show it, or have a funeral for her. Just do scenes with the rest of the cast telling each other, or discussing it.

Also known as the Rey Rosales, See Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya  Exit. 😐

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Just when I think that Phyllis is the most despicable “human” on the planet, she shows me that she’s even worse than I thought. And what in the world was she wearing today? Is she punking us?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I got a great idea for the monkeys with a keyboard to ease Harrison’s pain. Bring back Tara. The boy needs his mother and I don’t mean Summer.  Summer’s motherly instincts suck just like her mother’s instincts. 

It’s a good thing Rodan’s wings are so long. It makes it easier for her to pat herself on the back.  TIIC persist on filming Rodan in the park but they haven’t figured out a way to keep Rodan from looking washed out with her hair color and the color of her dress. They try to make up for her washed out look but compensating with cleavage. I hate to tell them it’s not working.  Rodan, Jack could be happy with me 😂😂😂.  Do you want to bet?  I didn’t know Rodan was a comedian.  Rodan, why would you think that you would come first, in Jack’s life, over Kyle and Harrison.  It doesn’t take much for Rodan to be provoked by anything or anybody.  Rodan, that fantastic mother, could even control herself for the sake of her daughter. It’s Rodan and what she wants and everyone better stay out of her way. The one big thing that Jack seems to have forgiven you is having an affair with Nostrils.  If I was Jack, right now I would trust Diane a lot more than Rodan. I know nothing about Diane and Rodan way back when, but judging on Rodan’s MO, Rodan was the aggressor and Diane mostly retaliated.  

🤔 maybe Harrison would be better off if Kyle didn’t know that he was Harrison’s father; but where would the monkeys with a keyboard generate 6 months of drama if Harrison was happy in NY with his real mother.  

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What a sad, empty life Phyllis must have. When she's not obsessing about Diane, she's going on and on and on about Jack. Maybe she should get a pet, like a tarantula or an anaconda. 😏

Or an octopus. ;D

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What was that thing Elena put on Nate's pillow?

A clue, hopefully.

Of course Imani texts back immediately 🤣   Come on, the Dr. knows exactly what he's doing texting someone like that.  

I like the idea of just doing a regular clash of personalities corporate thing like with CW right now.  But, I don't like either of the parties.  Nate thinks it's some collaborative playtime where he can do whatever he wants.  Devon is actually right in most of these situations, but it's Devon, so he's an asshole about it.

MM has never looked better.            

Phyllis is a child, not sure if it's more annoying or disturbing at this point.  There's no other character right now that brings down every scene they're in in the most predictably negative way.

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Devon, you hired him.  You hired Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate as your COO and it's looking more and more as if you hired him just so you could yank his chain whenever your sadistic little heart needed a bile boost.  Nate isn't any dimmer a bulb today than when he was hired, and if you thought he needed a mentor, it's pretty late in the day to be getting pissy about it now.   Passive aggressive is not a good summer look, Devon.

If Devon suggested to Nate that it would be a good idea to book that artist and then he decided to book him elsewhere, that's on Devon for not letting Nate know that plans had changed.  He's only right in this situation because he's the boss, not because he actually is.  

And what in the hell is the COO doing booking talent anyway?  

I'm pretty sure that neither Neil nor Katherine wanted it this way.  But I bet neither of them would be a bit surprised at how it's turning out.

With how Devon is being written these days, I wouldn't be surprised if, when down the line, Devon falls out with Amanda that he dings her for spending too much time away from the office, caring for her mother, after telling her to take all the time she needs.  

Why someone, anyone, doesn't just turn a hose on Phyllis when she starts her extended screeching is beyond me.  She's not getting the message that this approach isn't working since she doesn't seem to realize that now she can not only clear a room in record time, she's able to empty a city park faster than a lockdown.

By now Lil' Hassenpheffer must see Phyllis and immediately wonder if she's going around Genoa City collecting dalmation puppies to make a coat.  

giphy.gif

How can Jackie not love that face?  How??

Edited by boes
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Phyllis.  

Glenn Close GIFThat's just who she reminds me of; her & the Play Misty for Me psycho 

Edited by xls
added coment
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2