Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 4/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, SweePea59 said:

I'm thinking an autopsy will show that he had a heart attack or something like that so they can blame it all on Rey Rey.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.  Although a nice twist would be if the heart attack/stroke/aneurysm/seizure was some delayed complication of the poison Chelsea fed him. 

• Useful 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Anybody here think Rey will ever achieve the "picure-talk" status achieved by Neil, Dina and John Abbott?

Oh please, he was no Cassie. By this time next year, Sharin' will have remarried and redivorced Nick and be onto the next love of her life. Rey will be nothing more than a drop of golden sun.

6 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Although a nice twist would be if the heart attack/stroke/aneurysm/seizure was some delayed complication of the poison Chelsea fed him. 

Oooh, I like that. Gaspy kills her crush, from when she tried to frame Conner's dad for murder. And Conner overhears the grown-ups talking about it. Psycho-hilarity ensues.

Now, can anyone explain to me why Diane Jenkins all of a sudden wants to see Kyle so damn bad. It's been approx. twenty years for Kyle, right? If she had just been diagnosed with 6 months left to live, okay, I could see it but I don't get why she's so crazed to see him so all of a sudden. She says she's changed, when, last Tuesday? Wouldn't she have wanted to see him by now? I'm just not getting it. Did I miss something that would make this make sense?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I'm thinking an autopsy will show that he had a heart attack or something like that so they can blame it all on Rey Rey.

Why would there be an autopsy though? Unless a crime or other questionable factor is suspected, autopsies aren't usually done, are they? I could see Rey's family objecting to it unless there's a good reason.

What could be interesting though is if Victoria starts remembering things about the accident differently than what Ashland has told her. She might begin to wonder whether Rey actually died as a result of the accident or if Ashland did something to "help" matters along. An autopsy might reveal that Rey's death wasn't a direct result of his injuries.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Anybody here think Rey will ever achieve the "picure-talk" status achieved by Neil, Dina and John Abbott?

No, but I think it's more than likely that whenever people who knew Rey Rey see a handsome piece of wood, they might stop and remember him.... and maybe pull out the Lemon Pledge and give him a shine.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why would there be an autopsy though? Unless a crime or other questionable factor is suspected, autopsies aren't usually done, are they?

It may vary from state to state but usually any unnatural death (car accident, found dead home alone, etc.) outside of a known condition and the patient in the hospital can trigger an autopsy to confirm no foul play was at play. In the case of Rey, yeah they'd want to rule out if it was driver error due to causes other than road conditions and his swerving wasn't due to something such as a heart attack, poisoning, overdose/drunkeness, stroke, etc.  People found dead at home alone who are young and appear to have no history of illness can also trigger an autopsy to determine cause of death and rule out foul play. Also maybe there is something triggered since he was law enforcement.

Rey's death and the aftermath have really been abrupt.  Which can happen in life but usually on soaps you get a bit more reverence for the departing character and actor especially of JV's level and tenure but they can't even bring back the Rosales family to mourn with Sharon with his widow burying him offscreen. Just so off.

Don't get me started on Victoria at work and not even bothering to call/see/apologize to Sharon. Yes, it was an accident but Victoria and Sharon have been through way too much crap for Victoria to play it this way. It also may be a 'what set is up and makes sense for Victoria to be at' while all this is going on; if the Victor/Nikki ranch set isn't set up for scenes to be taped where Victoria could be recuperating there (since we haven't seen Victoria's home in who knows when) the only logical place for Victoria to be would be at Newman (with that set always be up for filming)  instead of at Society or Crimson Lights or The Grand Phoenix.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

It may vary from state to state but usually any unnatural death (car accident, found dead home alone, etc.) outside of a known condition and the patient in the hospital can trigger an autopsy to confirm no foul play was at play. In the case of Rey, yeah they'd want to rule out if it was driver error due to causes other than road conditions and his swerving wasn't due to something such as a heart attack, poisoning, overdose/drunkeness, stroke, etc.  

But what difference would it make? He's still dead no matter what caused it. On face value I don't see any reason to assume anything other than bad weather conditions caused the accident.

I might could see it if someone else had also been killed or critically injured as a result of the accident because then the "law and Order" arena would definitely want to rule out foul play. And if the other people involved weren't millionaires who don't have to worry about their medical treatment being paid for or their vehicles being replaced, I'd imagine insurance companies might want an autopsy in addition to checking out the cars for unforeseen mechanical issues.

Also maybe there is something triggered since he was law enforcement.

Okay, that I could buy. Plus, wouldn't the GCPD question Victoria and Ashland? I don't recall if the show mentioned that happening but one would think they'd want to do that fairly quickly. As it is, Ashland has already reinforced his version of the events with Victoria. Perhaps a detective needs to get Locke in an interrogation room because he's known to have a difficult relationship with the truth. (But not Chance since Rey was his partner and he's hardly objective.)

• Love 7

Unless a crime or other questionable factor is suspected, autopsies aren't usually done,

When my ex-husband died they told me autopsies were always done if the patient was not under a doctor's care at the time to determine the actual cause of death.  This especially if the person is younger.  It's a good idea for just the reason you posed in the next paragraph.  What looks like a heart attack might have had some help along the way.

• Useful 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Don't get me started on Victoria at work and not even bothering to call/see/apologize to Sharon. Yes, it was an accident but Victoria and Sharon have been through way too much crap for Victoria to play it this way.

Good point. Both Victoria and her parents should be paying their respects to Sharin'. I was surprised, and pleased, to see Abby and her Bag of Hair stop by to see her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Why does Rodan the Yenta keep insisting that the rooms in the Grand Albatross are suites. I’ve be in regular rooms, at Motel 6, that are bigger than the Grand Albatross “suites”. Technically a suite’s bedroom is separated from the sitting area. 

Is it me or when everyone but Mariah and Tessa, expressing remorse seems forced. Mariah’s and Tessa’s remorse seems genuine as does their love for each other. 

Who the fuck does Jack and especially Rodan the Yenta think they are. They have absolutely no right to tell Diana where she can’t go or who she sees. If Rodan the Yenta tries to keep Diane in her room than that’s unlawful imprisonment.  By Rodan the Yenta shoving Diane into the elevator it’s assault. The only thing that Rodan the Yenta can lawfully do is deny Diane service. So what if someone sees or talks to Diane. Why would that blow up in her face?  It actually won’t protect Kyle because Jack will make sure that Kyle saw him before anyone else.  Can Rodan the Yenta be anymore loathsome?  It’s Rodan the Yenta not Diane that lacks discretion and sensitivity.  

I still have to laugh when Jack bastardizes Diane when the master of lies, deception, and mayhem is Rodan the Yenta.  I guess fucking your brother is more forgivable than abandoning Kyle. 

Isn’t Harrison a little boy?  So why are TIIC making him look like a little girl?  Does TIIC have a “thing” for long hair?  

My personal feelings on burial sites might sound weird but even though my wife and I wanted to be buried together, I rarely visit her grave for its visiting a place of death while I like to celebrate her life.  I have more than enough reminders of her around my house. Pictures, the trees we planted, some of her favorite clothes, her jewelry, our bed, and our favorite movies.  I’m still close to a couple of her close friend and reminisce about her. We’ve always had two dogs and I continue to have two dogs as a reminder. Last but not least, our daughter still lives with me and she looks so much like her mother.  I guess this comes from my Jewish heritage where after the funeral, we start to celebrate the persons life through good food, stories, remembrance, old 8mm movies (no video in the day) and even some old B&W photos. My personal preference, at my funeral, would be that nobody wore black.  

• Love 22

Okay, I liked Phyllis' dress today. A good bright jewel tone for her.

The news said Rey died instantly. Hmmm. 😒

So how is prodigal son Kyle already back in the opening credits and yet Sally still isn't? Grrr.

What Rey would want? Sharon might think Rey would want to be buried near her in GC,  while Mama Celeste might think he'd want to be buried in Miami where he was born. You're not so helpful, Nick.

Seriously, Diane, your "incognito" outfit is a joke. You might as well have a flashing neon sign on your head that says, I'M ALIVE, SUCKAS!!!!

There's quite a thirst trap of Rory Gibson at Coachella out on the 'gram right now, and I couldn't even look at Noah today without giggling. Y&R has definitely got him hiding his light under a bushel, tee hee.

Sharon managed to make the right decision regarding Rey's final resting place despite Nick's advice. Yeah, she didn't want none of that Celeste, Arturo, and Lola smoke.

I wouldn't have expected Abby to pay Sharon a personal condolence call, at least not before Nikki did. Must have been Chance's idea.

It's odd to me the way Show is memorializing Rey without actually giving him a service. Now we're getting all this exposition on a dead character as everyone has to offer proof of what a swell guy he was.

Pshht, is Phyllis really going to lock Diane in her room? Heh, I guess you can't get in trouble for holding someone hostage if they're supposedly no longer among the living. 💀

Of course Nikki's first thought was undead Diane = doppelgänger. Being married to Victor has warped her sense of reality in more ways than one, ha ha.

Why is Noah so invested in Mariah and Tessa's wedding? Weirdo. Allie needs to hurry up and get to GC so she can get that unrequited fool off the Tessa train.

Oh dear, Harrison's hair. He looks like a child-sized version of Fabio to me. (Fabio is from Milan so maybe Harrison has run into him at a local espresso cafe. 😉)

Whee, will Nikki slap the heck out of Diane tomorrow?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

Seriously, Diane, your "incognito" outfit is a joke. You might as well have a flashing neon sign on your head that says, I'M ALIVE, SUCKAS!!!!

I thought she was playing Spy Vs Spy.image.thumb.png.1743cde91e5b67f27a2730ba1f0fbf35.png

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Diane is fast becoming Sally-esque, in a "why would I hate this person over Phyllis" sort of way.  I mean she must have done bad things back in the day that I didn't see, but what's on screen right NOW doesn't put her in a bad light compared to Phyllis one bit, especially with all the threats and physically pushing her around.

Yeah, I don't think Rey would have wanted to buried away from GC.  Sharon's big conclusion was basically a clever way of saying they don't want to pay for Eva LaRue and co.

• Love 12

I’m sorry but Harrison looks awful for such a young boy. Way too much hair for a kid that age. Even the way he brushed it away was like too much for me. Just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should. It was utterly ridiculous. That said, it’s nice to MM again and I’m curious how nuSummer works out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I'm inclined to give Harrison a break with his Harry and the Henderson's haircut.  After all, the kid's major maternal figure these days is Dummer.  With her example to go by, we're lucky the kid hasn't developed webbed feet, feathers, a waddle and a penchant for the water.

giphy.gif

If it gets this bad, then there's something to worry about.

Could Stafford have gotten any more Staffordy today?  She was repeating lines every chance she got repeating lines every chance she got, making strange faces at Diane, even wierder faces and in general being more of an annoying nutjob than usual.

THAT is the woman Jack can't get over?  Surely there's a pill for it, there has to be.

I'm glad that everyone in Genoa City thinks Rey Rey hung the moon.  Too bad TIIC decided that giving JV a storyline after he married Sharon wasn't necessary.  I'm confident Sharon will find somebody else to hold her purse in record time. 

Whoa!  What on EARTH was Abby doing, interacting with someone even tangentially related to her actual family?  Did TIIC know she escaped from home confinement?   

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7

Don't hate me guys, but I am so team Syph right now. Maybe I'm delirious and I'll come to my senses soon, I don't know, but in this dog fight Syph is my dog.

I loved how Nikki was channeling her inner Katherine. Nikki is queen. I just wish Nikki had a gun. Pow! Pow! She could have just gone around and cleaned up the town. And then gone over to Crimson Lights and given her gun to Sharin'.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why does Rodan the Yenta keep insisting that the rooms in the Grand Albatross are suites. I’ve be in regular rooms, at Motel 6, that are bigger than the Grand Albatross “suites”. Technically a suite’s bedroom is separated from the sitting area. 

And what in the he'll is that ugly square box next to the door? Every time I see it I think it is a refrigerator. It is so oddly placed. So many conversations take place in front of the door and that ugly ass furniture. Its depressing.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I thought about faking a fatal illness or my death today to avoid "the quadrangle", Nikki, Phyllis and the little ditty called Jack and Diane rehashing their ancient animosities....then realized I had taped the episode and FF was my friend. So the show gave Sally the same hair stylist as Hairyson. Unfortunate. Why is the Doughboy still ensconced at Victoria's home? What good is Victor's security team if they can't throw his stuff in trash bags and kick him to the curb? Both Nikki and Sharon need to back off the Botox. They can barely even move their mouths anymore.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

Who the fuck do these people think they are. The last I heard Wisconsin was in a free country and Diane can go wherever she pleases. Now Nikki is casting the first stone where is far from being a Mother Mary.  

Poppin Fresh is wrong.  I don’t remember if Adam ever said that he hates Olive. He may not be overly fond of her but all in all it’s sibling rivalry.  

Poppin Fresh, did you actually tell Nikki you can’t get rid of me short of murder 😳. Poppin Fresh you most likely are going to regret those words. 

Great acting Kyle. Jack tells you that your mother is alive and you can only muster a dumb look on your face. That wasn’t a look of disbelief but a look of holding in a fart. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Poppin Fresh, did you actually tell Nikki you can’t get rid of me short of murder 😳. Poppin Fresh you most likely are going to regret those words. 

I'm hoping that was an image.png.39a0ec351a090695dc5470bad27d9c17.png

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

When Nick answered the door at Sharon’s, I swear to God I had no clue who that was ...I had to rewind a few times because I honestly thought it was a little old lady in a shawl......She reminded me of Yenta in fiddler on the roof....

Then of course when Victoria walked into the room I could see she was in flat shoes and a cane and oh my God the overall effect was painful....The whole scene was disjointed and uncomfortable from beginning to end

Edited by SiouxB
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

When Nick answered the door at Sharon’s, I swear to God I had no clue who that was ...I had to rewind a few times because I honestly thought it was a little old lady in a shawl......She reminded me of Yenta in fiddler on the roof....Then of course when Victoria walked into the room I could see she was in flat shoes and a cane and oh my God the overall effect was painful....The whole scene was disjointed and uncomfortable from beginning to end

Me too!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

When Nick answered the door at Sharon’s, I swear to God I had no clue who that was ...I had to rewind a few times because I honestly thought it was a little old lady in a shawl......She reminded me of Yenta in fiddler on the roof....

I thought it was Doris! I was like, OMG she can walk now!

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

The before and after filler work on Sharon’s face was quite evident when she was shown alone and then in a flashback of her and Rey.  Especially her bottom lip!

AH looked terrible today, so scrawny and her facial colouring is not healthy looking.  

FF’d most of Amanda and Phyllis scenes wondering what the point was to Amanda being introduced to the Diane story.  Both ladies in purple and Phyllis with 5 inches of cleavage while hunched forward for us to view.  Along with her stringy hair and blue teeth.  LOL

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

FF’d most of Amanda and Phyllis scenes wondering what the point was to Amanda being introduced to the Diane story.  Both ladies in purple and Phyllis with 5 inches of cleavage while hunched forward for us to view.  Along with her stringy hair and blue teeth.  LOL

FYI, Amanda did not appear in today's US episode. I think this must be something which happens on tomorrow's episode.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Props couldn’t get Victoria an adjustable cane? That was way too tall for her. 

Oh, Bud! You basically told Nikki the serial killer to just go ahead and do it. And she just had to fill in one notch on her rock. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

IDK, the count of people showing up alive is making me unimpressed with Nikki's capability to finish something off (that isn't a martini, anyway).  What, are we down to one actual murder at this point?

This sounds weird but I almost want Sharon to go off on someone at this point.  Might as well be Chelsea who volunteered herself today.  What a nut.  And I hope it comes out that Victoria WAS responsible for the accident.

Sharon's actually looked good, apart from the whole grieving thing, the last few days.  I think a lot of you guys disagree but imo her face looks way less filler-ish and relatively normal.

Kyle still following Lola on Insta.  Dude's got a lot of nerve even thinking of trying to reach out, especially now.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Thank you so much, you guys. I had soccer again today.

image.png.40aff5287c98b869d9d325dcc384acf5.png

Why the hell does CBS think that we give a rat’s ass about Euro football on a weekday afternoon?  Most people watching TV on weekday afternoons are women, and if you’re like me, we’d rather watch mindless fluff rather than guys kicking around a ball and running back and forth, rarely scoring.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

It was random seeing Abby & Chance even they are though are family and Ray’s partner. Does Nick (or any of the Newman’s) know that their baby almost died? What a stupid storyline which went nowhere. I hate Phyllis but I did think it was funny when she took the phone away from Diane’s room. You can never be too careful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Alert Devon that Dom's parents LEFT HIM ALONE WITH ONLY 27 NANNIES TO TAKE CARE OF HIM !!!!!

And he's still never left his crib-prison!new kids on the block dancing GIF by Jacob Shwirtz

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Right? When she put it down she was able to adjust her shoulders and stand up straight. It was really funny. A) the cane was too tall and B) she didn't know what she was doing and C) she didn't make any acting effort. Just another, "why am I watching this?" moment on Y&R. I'm sure Rexx Rugs sells adjustable canes. Who gave the patient the wrong size/kind of cane? Some doctor more concerned with their podcasts and online persona than their patients?

7 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

guys kicking around a ball and running back and forth, rarely scoring.  

Don't forget they fall down, a lot!

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, JNavarro said:

What, are we down to one actual murder at this point?

Her father (self defense) and that little boy she shot playing with a gun.

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I hate Phyllis but I did think it was funny when she took the phone away from Diane’s room. You can never be too careful.

I floved that she took the lamp! So funny!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Who gave the patient the wrong size/kind of cane? Some doctor more concerned with their podcasts and online persona than their patients?

Don't forget they fall down, a lot!

Maybe that's the last doctorish thing Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate did before assuming his role at Hamilton/Winters/Chancellor Ketchup, Condiments and Party Favors Inc.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

If I was Diane, I’d call 911 to report being held hostage by a psychopath named Phyllis. Who the hell does this woman think she is to demand that Diane stay in her hotel room? I’m surprised that D hasn’t slugged P right in the nose.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Oh, Bud! You basically told Nikki the serial killer to just go ahead and do it. And she just had to fill in one notch on her rock. 

You know, maybe the reason  Nikki wears those big belts to accommodate all the notches she's earned. Can only pray that Pillsbury Ashland becomes one soon.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Her father (self defense) and that little boy she shot playing with a gun.

I floved that she took the lamp! So funny!

Oops! My mistake. It was a lamp. Thanks.

• Love 5