Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Someone behind the scenes is really tying to sell Victor and Nikki as the greatest of all times.  Ok.  

Victor never misses an opportunity to pat himself on the back.  I can't remember if Diane was able to best Victor in this situation but seeing as how the writing usually favored Victor, I'm guessing it's not much of a victory for her.  

This wasn't my favorite fight between Jill and Katherine.  Rolling around in a dirty attic seemed beneath them.  They were much more interesting as emotional adversaries.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sexual harassment. Pssht. Michael didn't go to prison for sexual harassing Christine. This must've been before that happened.

Nope, this was definitely after all that...there was an episode when Michael was trying to get work  after his prison sentence and Christine had the same horrible hairstyle. I thought the attempted rape happened in the way early 90s.

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So was Nick lowkey trying to rub his work relationship with Grace in Sharon's face or was Sharon just being insecure?

Probably, yes.

• Love 4
(edited)

Nope, this was definitely after all that...there was an episode when Michael was trying to get work  after his prison sentence and Christine had the same horrible hairstyle. I thought the attempted rape happened in the way early 90s.

Then I don't understand why Victor was acting like there was some big horrible secret Christine was keeping about Michael. Seems to me the felony conviction would've been public knowledge, plus sexual assault > sexual harassment any day of the week in my book. The parsing seems weird to me, especially on Christine's part. At this point you'd think she'd have zero tolerance for any of Michael's moves remotely in that direction.

Probably, yes.

Yep. That's our Sharon!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've never gotten the Victor attraction and watching old episodes do not enlighten me one bit.  He's always so dour - IMO - and he's always such an asshole - again, just my opinion.  

Best thing I could draw from yesterday's episode was how absolutely great Nikki looked with the short hair, the amazing sets and seeing Nikki's sister.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Who doesn’t love a good returned from the dead story?  I feel like we don’t get very many of those any more and they were always a good go to story for bringing back fan faves.  So dramatic.  Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!!

It just occurred to me today that the opening theme used in the early 90’s (as seen today) is what the AUS Kath & Kim spoofed for their opening theme.  Like to the T.  I was cracking up!  

Extra Vaseline on the lens today‘s ep.  Very fuzzy!  

• LOL 3

Jill looked so gorgeous. And wow, that was a very young Brad.

How did they know it was Victor and not a doppelgänger, lol? Whatever, how many times has Victor pulled this back from the dead stunt? And he's actually supposed to be a titan of industry. Can you imagine if Gates or Zuckerberg or Bezos kept pretending to be dead and then, "Surprise, muthaeffers! I'm alive!" They'd be the laughing stocks of the business world and probably institutionalized. Maybe that Tesla guy could get away with it though. He seems to be making nutbaggery his brand.

Wait, goody two-shoes Hope? Was she involved in the fake death ruse?

Hmm, Victoria was in college at this time and Nick looked to be about ten. I didn't realize she was that much older than he.

That was a different Nathan. Meh. And apparently it was baby Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate cooing in the background.

Pshht, Victor accusing somebody of being devious without a hint of self-awareness. 😒 No wonder he had a stroke; his body knew that was some big time b.s. Man, Jack stepping over Victor's body to leave him flailing on the floor was one of the most cold-blooded moments in soap history.

Blade Bladeson has to be the most ridiculous soap opera name ever. O hai, Chance Chancellor.

Now that there's no longer a Private Dining Room, where do the GC movers and shakers hold their super secret, by invitation only, momentous events now ? In the lobby of the Glum Piecrust or in the middle of Society? 😑

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, boes said:

I've never gotten the Victor attraction and watching old episodes do not enlighten me one bit.  He's always so dour - IMO - and he's always such an asshole - again, just my opinion.  

Somehow, I've come out of these old episodes liking Victor even less!  Like, I was too young to follow the show in the 90s and Y&R always seemed a bit dense to me as a kid, but boy, The Great Victor Newman has always had a stick up the ass.

5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Who doesn’t love a good returned from the dead story?  I feel like we don’t get very many of those any more and they were always a good go to story for bringing back fan faves.  So dramatic.  Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!!

I feel like Victor's gotten his fair share of this particular story. Didn't he come back from the dead back in 2018? And before that in 2007? By the time Victor actually does kick the bucket, I suspect someone (probably Jack) will empty a chamber into his casket and run a silver stake through Colleen's his heart just to be sure.

3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hmm, Victoria was in college at this time and Nick looked to be about ten. I didn't realize she was that much older than he.

In real time, Vikki and Nick were born six years apart. This story was a year at most before Josh Morrow was hired and the age gap between them was closed up a bit. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Victoria putting Victor on the spot asking him why he stayed away when he knew everyone thought he was dead...that's why I loved Heather Tom's Victoria.  

Blade Bladeson!  It took me awhile but I think this was the first story in which I kinda-sorta started to warm to Brenda Epperson's incarnation of Ashley.  I was thinking that Blade's crazy ex, who eventually shows up to cause a bunch of trouble, was Leanna Love but it was actually Mari Jo Mason.  Leanna Love was years before with Dr Stephen Lassiter.  

Would have been nice to see Lillie Belle.  I know she was a PITA but Norma Donaldson was so fun to watch.  

Watching that flashback of Victor raging at Jack just before he had his stroke reminded me of what an ass Eric Braeden had been to Peter Bergman all those years ago.  Perhaps it played a part in them being great on-screen rivals, though.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Blade Bladeson

I had forgotten about him. The actor was on Guiding Light too, and he was married to the woman who played/plays Taylor on the Bold and the Beautiful. I don't know if she's on there now. I can't stand B and B.

Brenda Epperson's incarnation of Ashley

I thought she was pretty good for a recast. 

Leanna Love

She was something else. She started out as a nutcase like Phyllis and got toned down.  She wrote a tell all book about Victor and Ashley. Over the years, she was a dirty journalist with different characters. She needs to come back and air Victor's latest dirty laundry like Marco/Jack. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

The actor was on Guiding Light too, and he was married to the woman who played/plays Taylor on the Bold and the Beautiful. I don't know if she's on there now. I can't stand B and B.

Michael Tylo and his wife Hunter.  I had to look him up to see if they were still married when this episode aired, and they were.  From all of the rumors I've read, she may have a screw loose.  Michael Tylo gets to play a dual roll further into this storyline, which I don't know had been done on the show before.  

5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I thought she was pretty good for a recast. 

I have this weird thing for voices.  While Epperson physically resembled Davidson, she had a softer speaking voice than Davidson.  Plus, Eileen Davidson gave Ashley this kind of neurotic charisma that made me love the character.  I think by the time I finally appreciated Epperson in the role, Shari Shattuck shows up.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Watching that flashback of Victor raging at Jack just before he had his stroke reminded me of what an ass Eric Braeden had been to Peter Bergman all those years ago.  Perhaps it played a part in them being great on-screen rivals, though.  

I love how Jack, after deciding to leave Pricktor on the floor, dying perhaps, just walks out and kicks his limp hand aside!  One of the great scenes in soap history

• Love 15

Watching some of the very first episodes of Y&R got me remembering how the show started out with obvious class differences...the Fosters and the Brooks, for example.  Not everyone was rich nor beautiful and it was a lot easier to identify with some of the characters then than it is now when everyone is both.  Well, except for Butt Biscuit, of course.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

What m.f.-ing fcukery is this? Shictor? Who asked to see this shite again? Who? AYFKMWTS?

The miscarriage Phyllis mentioned. Was that when she spent most of the episode writhing around on the floor in a pristine white gown? A gown that had nary a spot on it when all the hollering and screaming was done? It was like the Immaculate Deconception. 😒

Phyllis all wide-eyed, complaining about people getting away with stuff. Girl, bye. You've gotten away with enough stuff for ten people.

I forgot that Daisy was related to Kevin. Poor Lucy, to be biologically connected to two awful families.

So what was crazypants Ricky's beef with Heather? Sibling rivalry?

Didn't Phyllis push Daniel to marry psycho Daisy with that "you have step up" b.s.? So they could make a family and raise Lucy together? Ugh, IMO, Y&R definitely made a wrong turn with that one. They basically said rape is okay if it produces a child. 😑

I was with Nikki on this one. Sharon getting with Victor was nine kinds of icky because he had long been a substitute father figure to her. But as far as crossing "proper" boundaries is concerned, Nikki has shared lovers with both her daughter and her stepdaughter. AFAIC she can forever shut up on that front.

Ricky was the one who discovered Phyllis used a rental car to try to kill Christine and Paul? I completely forgot about that. I'm surprised it wasn't Phyllis who shot him out a window.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

What m.f.-ing fcukery is this? Shictor? Who asked to see this shite again? Who? AYFKMWTS?

I was as gobsmacked as you. WTF Show? How can they not know how many kinds of wrong that was?

Ricky was the one who discovered Phyllis used a rental car to try to kill Christine and Paul? I completely forgot about that. I'm surprised it wasn't Phyllis who shot him out a window.

I almost wish they'd continue that story line. Ricky fell out the window above some bar? And who was he trying to kill, again? I can't believe I totally erased that from my memory.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I was as gobsmacked as you. WTF Show? How can they not know how many kinds of wrong that was?

I almost wish they'd continue that story line. Ricky fell out the window above some bar? And who was he trying to kill, again? I can't believe I totally erased that from my memory.

I can't remember who Ricky was trying to kill, but it was Paul who killed him.

just looked it up.  He was trying to kill Eden Baldwin (really, who could blame him?), Paul shot him in the shoulder and he fell out the window.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

And wasn’t the story that Ricky fell out the window and when they looked, there was no body?  

I thought the body was there, but they couldn't find the knife that Ricky had been holding to Eden's throat and somehow that missing knife led to Paul being charged with murder.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, boes said:

I thought the body was there, but they couldn't find the knife that Ricky had been holding to Eden's throat and somehow that missing knife led to Paul being charged with murder.

Oh, that’s right.  I knew there was some kind of twist.  Thank you.

• Love 5

That short hairdo made Nikki look so much younger to me.

Abstained. Psshht. Of course Ashley technically sided with Victor instead of her family. Has she ever not?

It's Mac the Sourpuss! Here comes the fun! 😑

Jill getting outcall service in her office. Does Jabot even have an HR department? Seems like employees would've been complaining about those paroxysms of pleasure noises she was making. Quite unprofessional. 😮

OMG, that painting of Jack and Brad. Seriously? I might could see it if they were related but they weren't. Maybe separate paintings would've been the way to go, fellas.

The foine Malcolm. I'm surprised Jill never broke herself off a piece of that. 🙄

Geez, does Victor know any tricks besides disappearing for a while and then popping up when he's least expected (or not expected at all)? Yawn. Had to love that "boy, bye" look Jack shot at him.

I don't get how Mac didn't know what her grandmother Kay looked like. Had they never met before? Seems like Mac would've at least seen photos of Kay unless she grew up in a cave out in the wilderness.

Today's episode time frame must've been either way before Ashley and Brad were married or after they divorced. He seemed like he could barely stand her.

So is Christine the only female legacy character of a certain age who hasn't ever had any children?

Deceptive, contemptible, and untrustworthy. Yep, that's our Victor! Loved how Jack was lowkey  smirking while Victor was trying to do his best Darth Vader imitation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't get how Mac didn't know what her grandmother Kay looked like. Had they never met before? Seems like Mac would've at least seen photos of Kay unless she grew up in a cave out in the wilderness.

Mac grew up not knowing who her father was (and Brock didn't know she existed). It was 1999 so I guess she could have googled "Katherine Chancellor" lol.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So is Christine the only female legacy character of a certain age who hasn't ever had any children?

That's kind of crazy, isn't it? She's been on the show for 37 years and not one child. And I think just the one miscarriage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, that painting of Jack and Brad. Seriously? I might could see it if they were related but they weren't. Maybe separate paintings would've been the way to go, fellas.

This deserves its own special award / prize / whatever in the sets thread.  All it was missing was Brad holding a kitten.  ☠️☠️☠️

• LOL 10

Next week's theme is the Winters family. According to CBS.com:

Monday, May 18
Kristoff St. John makes his Y&R debut when Drucilla (Victoria Rowell) crosses paths with a newly hired Neil Winters (St. John) at Jabot. Katherine (Jeanne Cooper) receives disturbing news about Brock (Beau Kazer), and Olivia (Tonya Lee Williams) and Nate (Nathan Purdee) share a difference of opinion. The episode originally aired Feb. 13, 1991.

Tuesday, May 19
Neil's (St. John) estranged brother, Malcolm (Shemar Moore, in his first appearance on Y&R), arrives in Genoa City; Cricket (Lauralee Bell) faces a tough battle in court, and Victor (Eric Braeden) takes a leap of faith to help Hope (Signy Coleman). The episode originally aired May 6, 1994.

Wednesday, May 20
The Winters family comes to Devon's (Bryton James) rescue; Kevin (Greg Rikaart) turns over a new leaf, and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) makes a confession to Bobby Marsino (John Enos). The episode originally aired Feb. 9, 2005.

Thursday, May 21
Neil (St. John) searches for Lily (Christel Khalil) and Daniel (Michael Graziadei) in California with Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) and Nick (Joshua Morrow), while Drucilla (Rowell) stands her ground with Malcolm (Moore) back home, and Michael (Christian Le Blanc) learns of Ashley's (Eileen Davidson) connection to Tom Fisher (Roscoe Born). The episode originally aired June 29, 2005.

Friday, May 22
Neil (St. John) and Drucilla's (Rowell) adoption of Devon (James) is official; Jack (Peter Bergman) and Ashley (Davidson) plot to keep Gloria (Judith Chapman) in line; and Jill (Jess Walton) searches for answers about her past. The episode originally aired Dec. 7, 2006.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Anybody remember Winters Wednesdays? There was an unscientific fan theory that episodes featuring more than one member of the extended Winters family generally only appeared on Wednesdays.

Next week's theme is the Winters family. According to CBS.com:

Three out of five of those episodes aired on a Wednesday. CBS, you are not slick. 😑

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2020 at 3:55 AM, bannana said:

I love how Jack, after deciding to leave Pricktor on the floor, dying perhaps, just walks out and kicks his limp hand aside!  One of the great scenes in soap history

It really gets going at 1:18 in. And that look of cold disdain from PB...oooh, it could have frosted the room.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Cane. Ugh.

So who was Dylan talking to that was important enough to get on The Talk? Is that when he was with Chelsea?

At this point did Sharon know Mariah was her daughter?

Or did Nikki know yet that Dylan was her son? Yeesh, surprise children just popping up everywhere!

Neil's jacket lapels were interesting. But Neil and Hilary? Vile. And this was only the beginning of how disgusting it was going to get.

I'd forgotten about Abby and Tyler and Mariah. Hot guy but I don't think he could act to save his life. Abby sure has had a fascinating string of boyfriends.

Oh please. Victor may have had someone beat up Ian but he sure didn't do it himself. Not with that third trimester belly of his to get in the way.

Dylan looked so silly to me always standing with his arms extended a couple of feet out from his body like he was the Incredible Hulk or something.

Not sure why they chose this episode to air as a "classic."

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

From Thursday's show, I would have loved to have seen the episode where Mackenzie arrives at the Chancellor Estate and meets that Jill woman for the first time.  The other day I found an episode of Jill ranting at Mac like a lunatic after Brittany lost the Prom Queen title to Mac.  I don't know if it was much of a rivalry but they both hated each other from the start.  Maybe they still do?  

Eric Braeden is really good at that barking/yelling thing he does when Victor is furious.  It used to always give me chills.  Smashing the picture of Jack and Brad was unsettling but breaking the pencil in half afterwards was laughable.  

That was a pretty good day for Mary Williams.  I remember loving how insufferable she could be when Paul was married to Lauren.  Seems like she hated another one of his wives, too.  I think she was mostly happy with bland Christine.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I have finally watched all of  the classic eps from the last two weeks.  Everyone keeps changing partners!  But nothing is in chronological order, so it is difficult to follow.

My one question though is that at the masquerade ball, we see Sheila partnered with Scott.  I think Lauren is with Paul.  So this is after Scott and Lauren were married.  So why then did Sheila go BSC after Lauren?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Absolutely loved the meet cute intro between Dru and Neil. My goodness, they were such gorgeous babies.

EYT9ptqVAAIynxn?format=jpg&name=900x900

I miss VR so much and her friendship with Sharon and shared hatred of Sphyllis. And OMG, I still can't believe KSJ is gone. 😥

And the chemistry was LEGIT from the SECOND their eyes met. The bantering and the looks and it was just ON.

EYUOr4dXkAAC1y2?format=jpg&name=small

EYUOr4fXsAAlP-Y?format=jpg&name=small

And this was KSJ's debut.

One of my favorite storylines was Dru becoming a ballerina (and utilizing VR's real-life background as a dancer) and Neil falling for her. 

Also, I love, love, LOVE John and Dru together. He's the father (figure, in Dru's case) I wish I had had.

This exchange between them was perfect.

Dru (re Olivia): "She thinks I'm moving in on her man."

John, giving her a knowing look: "Well, are you?"

Dru: "Yeah, but I don't want HER to know that!"

Elsewhere, that whole thing with Gina and her headband, Clint (who I'd forgotten existed), and Brock + the robber was cheesetastic. Including Gina dramatically running her bloody hand through her hair. Hope it didn't stain the headband.

And Katherine, quit screeching about Clint and get your rich ass to the hospital for your son.

EYUKMxfX0AEZ64R?format=jpg&name=900x900

Of course seeing today's episode reminded me of how JC confessed to sleeping with Brock's portrayer back in the day. And that it's been 7 years since she passed. Glad she lived it up while she was on this earth. As should we all.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Elsewhere, that whole thing with Gina and her headband, Clint (who I'd forgotten existed), and Brock + the robber was cheesetastic. Including Gina dramatically running her bloody hand through her hair. Hope it didn't stain the headband.

And Katherine, quit screeching about Clint and get your rich ass to the hospital for your son.

EYUKMxfX0AEZ64R?format=jpg&name=900x900

Of course seeing today's episode reminded me of how JC confessed to sleeping with Brock's portrayer back in the day. And that it's been 7 years since she passed. Glad she lived it up while she was on this earth. As should we all.

I managed about 10 minutes of this episode--that's good going for me--alone in my not-fondness for these episodes.

That said, I wondered why Gina had a Christmas ornament in her hair.

And on another note, true confessions time: call me a chubby chaser if you will, but I'd have had a go at the actor playing Brock meself. Partial to the larger ladz.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 5/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Eric Braeden is really good at that barking/yelling thing he does when Victor is furious.  It used to always give me chills.  Smashing the picture of Jack and Brad was unsettling but breaking the pencil in half afterwards was laughable.  

Is it wrong that I laughed at the whole damn scene? Like, it was soooooooo over the top, I couldn't take any of it seriously. It reminded me way too much of Not-Ridge on B&B (and TK probably copied this from Braeden for all I know), which..... ain't a good thing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, bannana said:

we see Sheila partnered with Scott.  I think Lauren is with Paul.  So this is after Scott and Lauren were married.  So why then did Sheila go BSC after Lauren?

Scott married Shelia who was pregnant with his baby. She drugged him into sex to get pregnant. He married her after finding out she was pregnant. Lauren didn't tell him she was pregnant with his baby. So Scott and Shelia would've been together before Shelia's baby died and the baby switch started. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Oh FFS, Jill, like working for TGVN is some kind of real achievement. Look how he treats the members of his own family who've worked at NE over the years. But I guess at this point in show history that pattern of his wasn't much in evidence yet.

OMG, Drucilla's hair. I feel like I should call her Sideshow Dru. 😼

tXAScOy.jpg

Meanwhile, Olivia's wig game was fierce. Marie Antoinette didn't have nothing on her. 🙄

Alas, the good old days when soap characters could still wear furs. But why would Jill carry that gigantic coat into Victor's office? Safekeeping?

Poor Brock got mugged and GSWed in broad daylight. Did that Clint guy set it up so he could stage a rescue or was it just the requisite "rough neighborhood"?

Neil and Dru had a meet cute. Awwww. Countdown to when she accuses him of talking "proper." (More and more I'm understanding why VR went nuts over this role. Dru was on the edge of being a stereotype with her sassiness and iffy grammar. What was Bill Bell thinking?)

Lol, was Brock bleeding barbecue sauce or sweet and sour? I thought those cops were the worst. It was clear Gina was in shock so why were they yelling at her? She probably needed medical attention too.

I don't get Brad and Cassandra at all. What did he ever see in her besides her wealth and that fabulous house?

Clint! Cliiiint! Khaaaaaan! What a campy moment. I'm amazed Jeanne Cooper was able to pull that off with a straight face. Ever the consummate professional she.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't get Brad and Cassandra at all. What did he ever see in her besides her wealth and that fabulous house?

She kinda had a Vanna White look.  Blondes were still considered the most sexy back then lol.  😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh FFS, Jill, like working for TGVN is some kind of real achievement. Look how he treats the members of his own family who've worked at NE over the years. But I guess at this point in show history that pattern of his wasn't much in evidence yet.

OMG, Drucilla's hair. I feel like I should call her Sideshow Dru. 😼

tXAScOy.jpg

Meanwhile, Olivia's wig game was fierce. Marie Antoinette didn't have nothing on her. 🙄

Alas, the good old days when soap characters could still wear furs. But why would Jill carry that gigantic coat into Victor's office? Safekeeping?

Poor Brock got mugged and GSWed in broad daylight. Did that Clint guy set it up so he could stage a rescue or was it just the requisite "rough neighborhood"?

Neil and Dru had a meet cute. Awwww. Countdown to when she accuses him of talking "proper." (More and more I'm understanding why VR went nuts over this role. Dru was on the edge of being a stereotype with her sassiness and iffy grammar. What was Bill Bell thinking?)

Lol, was Brock bleeding barbecue sauce or sweet and sour? I thought those cops were the worst. It was clear Gina was in shock so why were they yelling at her? She probably needed medical attention too.

Clint! Cliiiint! Khaaaaaan! What a campy moment. I'm amazed Jeanne Cooper was able to pull that off with a straight face. Ever the consummate professional she.

As we all or most of us have lamented the “good old days” on soaps, I have laughed a lot at these classic shows. The acting is so very awful and stilted. I am so guilty of accusing the current soap actors of being phony but holy moly, the old shows are just laughable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The acting is so very awful and stilted.

The writing was too, to a significant extent.

At the point of today's episode I think soaps were were still looking to theater as their inspiration, whereas now I think they're looking to reality TV and social media. Problem is, daytime TV can't get anywhere near what reality TV can get away with in terms of explicit language, nudity, depictions of sexual activity, and certain controversial topics. I think the remaining soaps would be so much better off if they switched to streaming platforms but I guess their audience is largely still too old for that change to be successful.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The writing was too, to a significant extent.

At the point of today's episode I think soaps were were still looking to theater as their inspiration, whereas now I think they're looking to reality TV and social media. Problem is, daytime TV can't get anywhere near what reality TV can get away with in terms of explicit language, nudity, depictions of sexual activity, and certain controversial topics. I think the remaining soaps would be so much better off if they switched to streaming platforms but I guess their audience is largely still too old for that change to be successful.

Yah these old ones are so much more dramatic.  It’s comical, but I’m still finding it entertaining none the less.  For me, I’m not even watching as much for the storylines but love the outfits, hair, decor, etc.  

• Love 9
(edited)
20 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Of course seeing today's episode reminded me of how JC confessed to sleeping with Brock's portrayer back in the day.

What!  Jeanne Cooper and Beau Kazer tripped the light fantastic together?  The more you know. . .  

One of my favorite storylines was Dru becoming a ballerina (and utilizing VR's real-life background as a dancer) and Neil falling for her. 

Me too!  I was hoping Y&R would repeat the episode when Neil first saw Dru dance.  

I never knew during my Y&R days that the actress who played Gina - Patty Weaver - was stepmother to the actress who played Paul's secretary Lynn (Laura Bryan Birn) by way of her marriage to Jerry Birn, one of the writers for Y&R.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Damn Shemar is HOT AF.   And has the dude aged a day since 1994?   

Speaking of superficial stuff, today’s opening credits provided quite a homely cast.  Yikes!  

I am dying about the homely cast credits. 

Well, Shemar more than made up for that.

EYZbE9oX0AAp-Ey?format=jpg&name=900x900

The man is sex on a stick. Then, now, and ALWAYS.

tenor.gif?itemid=4866639

With KSJ and John Silva in the house today, there was lots of man candy to ogle. My teenage self didn't appreciate attorney John but I do now.

c4d90492677d368e894f0edb0fd0599e.jpg

But Shemar...I always knew he could get it. UN UN UNH!

QEwa6tsBndmL0rgXIVhYWy96fuP2dlM087dH3atJ

But WTAF to only 5 measly minutes of Neil/Malcolm.

I could have done without the snoozefest of April's murder trial, even with pretty, pretty John representing her. Ditto for watching jailbait looking Victoria mack on Cole. 

Although loved Jack showing up at the penthouse to woo Hope with a signature fragrance. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I am dying about the homely cast credits. 

Well, Shemar more than made up for that.

EYZbE9oX0AAp-Ey?format=jpg&name=900x900

The man is sex on a stick. Then, now, and ALWAYS.

tenor.gif?itemid=4866639

With KSJ and John Silva in the house today, there was lots of man candy to ogle. My teenage self didn't appreciate attorney John but I do now.

c4d90492677d368e894f0edb0fd0599e.jpg

But Shemar...I always knew he could get it. UN UN UNH!

QEwa6tsBndmL0rgXIVhYWy96fuP2dlM087dH3atJ

But WTAF to only 5 measly minutes of Neil/Malcolm.

I could have done without the snoozefest of April's murder trial, even with pretty, pretty John representing her. Ditto for watching jailbait looking Victoria mack on Cole. 

Although loved Jack showing up at the penthouse to woo Hope with a signature fragrance. 

Damn it, I didn't get to see any of it. The Gov had a briefing, which I appreciate is important but why can't he do it during The Price Is Right or The Talk?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7