Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Through the Looking-Glass

Trini
  • Start Topic

Kate begins to question her instincts and Luke gets upsetting news. Alice seeks her sister's help with a special task.

Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Nancy Kiu.

Airdate: 3/22/2020

011-bw-season1-episode16.jpg

Love the opposite super twins teamup.

Interesting Lucius killer story line.

I'm usually so satisfied with Alice's usual chatty, quizzical, mustache-twirling villain banter that I almost forget what a good actress RS actually is. She was nailing the emotional beats tonight.

Kate gets almost all the hot girls. Luke should ask her for some deal-closing advice.

And, last but not least, will somebody please for the love of God give Papa Kane a throat lozenge?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 8

What a fun episode.. I was really surprised that kate did what she did... Rachel Skarsten.. Was amazing again... The scene when she stopped playing and thanked kate.. And the scene at arkham.... The Luke subplot seems interesting... Mary is a great friend or LI... Not sure which way they plan to play it... I like undercover Sophie.. And was happy with seeing Julia again... Tho her not being mixed race is still bugging me... Cuz I feel some suit somewhere said that they couldn't have both of  Kate's main Ex's be blk girls... But the actress does a real hood job.. And I felt her compassion for Luke... Looking fwd to next epi

• Love 6

I am so not surprised with Kate's betrayal. As soon as Alice promised that Kate could trust her (to not kill), I immediately said aloud "But Alice, can you trust Kate in not betraying you?" After Alice confessed that she set Kate up to be a killer, and after continuously calling Kate a killer just to make Kate doubt herself, I knew that the only logical choice was to lock Alice up. Who knew if Alice would genuinely leave with Mouse or if she'd return just because she enjoys being around her sister. 

But Rachel Skarsten did a phenomenal job. She's such a terrific actress that I do genuinely feel bad for Alice. Alice is not a good person, yet I felt her heartbreak over being locked up and betrayed, especially after seeing her genuine fears from last episode.

Jacob...needs something else to do. Really, he doesn't really DO anything. 

Luke's subplot was great. I am interested in seeing how his father's actual killer is, as I guess we don't know who that is. I presume it'll be revealed as setup for season 2. I like seeing Mary help him out. 

Nice seeing Julia again. I guess Kate/Julia is a temporary thing once more, which is fine with me.

• Love 7

I was actually just wondering if Julia Pennyworth was going to show back up.  That was a fun return, although even though it looks like she and Kate might be hooking back up (for now?), I honestly thought something was going on between her and Sophie that was more than just "Oh, we both share the same ex, huh?"  Maybe Christina Wolfe/Julia just has that kind of presence about her.

Loved the Kate and Alice team-up and all of the hijinks that ensued, but realistically, yeah, even though I didn't see it coming, Kate betraying Alice at the end make sense.  Even looking past her current guilt over what went down with August, Kate knows that Alice is still a threat and, honestly, even if Alice was sincere in the moment that she and Mouse would just go away, Alice's mind always flips on a dime, and it really wouldn't have been surprising if something happen that led to her continuing to cause a ruckus in Gotham.  Of course, since this is television, Alice is probably going to find some way to eventually break loose and Kate will probably regret the decision, but it is understandable.  Still, Rachel Skarsten really made me feel a little bad for Alice after that (oh, and Ruby Rose continues to get better as well.)

Looks like Luke is getting an interesting storyline.  It seems that Reggie truly wasn't Lucious' killer after-all, but apparently there is some kind of massive conspiracy going on, and they are currently cleaning house!  Curious to see where this all goes.  If it was somehow leaked that Lucious was in league with Batman, there could be a massive amount of suspects, to put it mildly.

Mary took a bit of a backseat here, but it was nice watching her be supportive towards Luke.  And how quickly she went into doctor mode once she walked into Sophie trying to treat Julia's bullet wound!

I missed the name on that paper, but I'm guessing whoever it was that was responsible for the deaths of Alice's crew is going to be a major factor come endgame time.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I missed the name on that paper, but I'm guessing whoever it was that was responsible for the deaths of Alice's crew is going to be a major factor come endgame time.

The note said: "Did you think I would forget? - your friend from Coryana"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I liked the sisterly banter between Kate and Alice. Even though they were discussing things like murder and mayhem they still still fell back into old habits. I didn’t expect Kate to leave Alice behind because she’s had multiple opportunities to capture Alice and hasn’t taken them. Even though Alice deserves to be locked up the last scene with Alice, Kate and Jacob was heartbreaking. You could see she was reliving the day Kate and Jacob left her behind with Cartwright. If she gets out she’ll probably be even more crazy.

I’m glad we’re getting to see Sophie do more undercover work. For a moment I thought she and Julia might hook up but I guess that would have been too much.

2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

And was happy with seeing Julia again... Tho her not being mixed race is still bugging me... Cuz I feel some suit somewhere said that they couldn't have both of  Kate's main Ex's be blk girls.

I was glad to see Julia again but I had the same feelings. I like that her backstory connects her to Luke as well as Kate. I won’t be surprised if she becomes a main character next season.

I feel like Kate lying to Luke will come back up again at the worst time. Good to see Luke getting his own storyline, though I’m sad it’s happening so late in the season. I keep expecting every little thing to set him on the path to becoming Batwing, but I guess we’ve still got a ways to go.

I believe they have a few more episodes completed and ready to air, but this episode would make a pretty good season finale so I wonder if they’re going to stop here, or just air everything they have completed and end the season on a cliffhanger?

• Love 4

Liked it enough, feel like it would've been a slightly stronger episode had Kate had a "sidekick" who she had to leave in the dark during this and it have more fallout. 

Rachel did an amazing job when she was betrayed and as much as I love her and her performance....I'm tired of this back/forth with Kate/Alice. I need a nice long break (remainder of the season) from the possible redemption of Alice or put Alice on ice for a couple of episodes. 

• Love 1

I think the crows being corrupt is proof enough that Alice was right about them all along. And now Jacob and Sophie are beginning to realise it too. Soon so will Kate.

Eventually everyone, including Alice, will have to work together to take down the real threat to Gotham. If that’s not a sign of her inevitable redemption I really don’t know what is.

It can't be said enough but the show really lucked out with RS - her work this episode was fantastic. I almost felt bad for Alice by the end but only almost because I don't feel the same way about Mouse. Also: even if Kate had honored the deal she would only have protected Gotham - good luck next spot where Alice and Mouse decide to take residence! 

Also: technically Kate did not betray Alice. And maybe Gotham would have fewer terrifyingly crazy villains if it finally cleaned up Arkham asylum and replaced it with a psych ward not straight out of Stephen King's nightmares? Just an idea.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 7

Hey, did Kate remember to give Alice back her knife? I mean, for the sake of the very surprised Arkham staff, I hope not. But if she didn't, then she needs to turn it in to the staff, because somebody there is going to have to honor Arkham tradition and get that thing into a clearly labeled cardboard box next to Joker's pie bombs and Killer Croc's tooth-cleaning birds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I didn't mind the ending with Kate locking up Alice. I enjoyed their team-up but Alice revealing that she had planned for her sister to become a killer was so awful I didn't want Kate to play by her rules and give her what she wanted. Not when she's supposed to be the hero of the story.

Julia is back. I like her as a recurring character but I personally thought she had more of a spark with Sophie than with Kate. I don't think the relationship is going anywhere. The foundation is weak and the timing isn't right. Kate has hit rock bottom and is not in the right headspace. I doubt that whoever she's hooking up with right now is supposed to be her one true love. I found it interesting in terms of ships that she ignored Sophie's calls but accepted the comfort Julia was offering. I am getting the impression that she wants to do things right with Sophie this time around.

I am liking where things are going with Luke and Mary when it comes to their friendship and Luke's solo storyline. I am sure Batwoman will get involved in this new mystery but I hope Luke and Mary can still be at the center of it.

Poor Reggie!

• Love 5

Not as good as the previous episode, but well done. Like many said, Skarsten's acting is superb and makes you feel said for Alice's faith.

Though, until Jacob shot the marksman, I thought that Deadshot is in town... but who knows... maybe he's subcontracting.

• Love 2

So, Kate was in a military academy, which means that she was planning on going into the military as a officer and then going to forign lands and probably killing people, right? I mean she certainly wasn't aiming for a desk job, She seems like the type of person that would request transfer to a combat unit.

I'm not slamming the military. I was in the military and the part about killing people is made pretty clear in Boot camp. I would assume that the academy would have a class on the ethics and morality of war.

I guess I just would have liked a line about theory versus practice (regarding killing) or possibly a line about her regret that she broke her promise to free psycho!dad.

• Love 4

How many people will poor Luke have to see get sniped?! I do like this story for Luke and I am interested to see what is actually going on. Do I smell a conspiracy? Its always a conspiracy when people surrounding it start getting mysteriously killed! Oh, and I saw that hand holding with Mary at the trail! Oh yeah, I am so boarding this ship and sailing it into the sunset. 

As much as I enjoyed Kate and Alice teaming up and actually having some legit (if highly dysfunctional) sisterly bonding, I dont blame Kate for sending Alice to Arkham. I feel terrible for everything that has happened to Alice, but she has still murdered and terrorized innocent people and has yet to show any remorse for that and any indication that she is going to stop any time soon, so yeah, she needs to be locked up. Even if she did leave Gotham, she would just take her show on the road and terrorize some other city, and kill more people, and what then? Granted, I did feel for her when she realized that Kate and Jacob were leaving her, but, again, I get it. 

That all being said, no one should be locked in Arkham AKA the Jokers summer home. That place would turn the most stable person on the planet into a cackling supervillain, its never exactly been very helpful to anyone's mental health. 

Julia is back! Yes! I am really liking the idea of Julia/Kate, even if the show will probably go back to Sophie/Kate pretty soon. But I love Julia and she has chemistry with freaking everybody, so I am super into this. 

For the record, Kate and Alice are not the same just because they have now both killed people. Alice has cold bloodily and meticulously committed murder of innocent people for personal gain, or just because she was in the mood. Kate killed a horrible monster person in a rage, and felt terrible about it. Killing isnt something I would make a habit of (especially as Kate is clearly thinking about Dark Bruce from Crisis on Infinite Earths) but its hardly the same.

• Love 7

Kane Sisters Arkham Break-In FTW! And then Kate locked Beth/Alice up with Mouse, which . . . probably for the best. Kate really needed a win, especially when she has the specter of Old Man Bruce haunting her after the murder she comitted. Well, we don't have flashbacks, but that can be filed as "fanon," right?

In other news, Luke gets a subplot of his own. Mary continues to be awesome. We get to hear an old white lady tell the twins that she called "the po." Not "police," not "po-po" . . . "the po." Okay, then. Had to rewind to make sure I heard it correctly.

Has there been ANY incarnation of Arkham Asylum where the doctors aren't gleeful sadists unaware of the concept of comeuppance?

• Love 3

As a side note, man, Alice is gonna be so fucking pissed off when she gets out of Arkham. Kate has betrayed her twice this season. If I was Kate, I'd be investing in to full body bullet-proof armour right about now, lol.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

For the record, Kate and Alice are not the same just because they have now both killed people. Alice has cold bloodily and meticulously committed murder of innocent people for personal gain, or just because she was in the mood. Kate killed a horrible monster person in a rage, and felt terrible about it.

I thought that was part of Kate's issue, she DIDN'T feel badly about it. She felt bad about killing him in the abstract, but she didn't feel badly about killing him. That's what was so frightening to her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thought this was a solid episode. The messed up sister relationship between Kate and Alice continues to be the best thing this show has going.

... But they've got to work on the other relationships too!

Didn't see Kate's betrayal coming at the end, but it made sense. The Kate/Alice relationship will always be complicated I guess, however, at some point they will have to stop the cycle of trust and betrayals before it gets too repetitive and stale.

Finally, a story for Luke outside the Batcave! Though I still don't like the idea that Lucius was murdered on Batman's watch. They need to let Camrus/Luke do more.

Mary/Luke make a good team. Saw that they were going to hold hands - was not expecting the knee grab, though! 👀  I down for them getting romantic at some point.

Wasn't a fan of whittewashed Julia the first time she showed up, and I'm still not feeling her. But it looks like she'll be recurring?

So Sophie will eventually connect to Luke's plot? Having her do stuff outside the Crows works for me!

I did like that the Arkham nurse wasn't a typical dumb Gotham victim! And the callback to (alternate) Bruce Wayne from the crossover.

I'm sure we'll still be seeing Alice, but I hope her being locked up now gives us a short break from her drama so the show can focus on other things for a bit.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:22 AM, BaggythePanther said:

I was glad to see Julia again but I had the same feelings. I like that her backstory connects her to Luke as well as Kate. I won’t be surprised if she becomes a main character next season.

Please, no.

Edited by Trini
ARGHH! dropped 'not'
  • Love 2

Only about a month late. Haha

This was Ruby Rose's best acted episode to date. I especially liked the scene of her and Alice lying on the floor. 

I will ditto everyone and say Rachel Skarsten is a truely great actress and I really felt for her at the end begging Kate not to leave her.

Love Mary and Luke ❤️ 

My first impression of this show (the else worlds cross over) was .... not good. I mean, I almost didn't watch this show based off that. But it is starting to move on up the list and is one of the shows I look forward to. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Only about a month late. Haha

This was Ruby Rose's best acted episode to date. I especially liked the scene of her and Alice lying on the floor. 

I will ditto everyone and say Rachel Skarsten is a truely great actress and I really felt for her at the end begging Kate not to leave her.

Love Mary and Luke ❤️ 

My first impression of this show (the else worlds cross over) was .... not good. I mean, I almost didn't watch this show based off that. But it is starting to move on up the list and is one of the shows I look forward to. 

Yeah, initially I was put off by the show's description "superhero with a passion for social justice", but Supergirl has x4 times more political crap than this show lol.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:17 PM, Samwise979 said:

Seriously. I think laying on the floor conversations might be the best kind of bonding of all. The sisterly chemistry was there in the scene. 

On 4/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, Rushmoras said:

Yeah, initially I was put off by the show's description "superhero with a passion for social justice", but Supergirl has x4 times more political crap than this show lol.

I agree. I think part of it is the show being slightly more grounded in reality. When they have a social justice issue, it's human-based no matter what kind of Gotham insanity and faceswapping is around it. Whereas on Supergirl, they double-dip with the metaphorical sci-fi alien stuff that traditionally stands in for racial and homophobic prejudices, but then they also have those social justice plots which, imo, don't ring as true to life when they're surrounded by frequent otherworldly threats.

• Love 1
On 3/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, CletusMusashi said:

Love the opposite super twins teamup.

Interesting Lucius killer story line.

I'm usually so satisfied with Alice's usual chatty, quizzical, mustache-twirling villain banter that I almost forget what a good actress RS actually is. She was nailing the emotional beats tonight.

Kate gets almost all the hot girls. Luke should ask her for some deal-closing advice.

And, last but not least, will somebody please for the love of God give Papa Kane a throat lozenge?

Was it ever confirmed Luke is definitely into girls? He's pretty coiffed? No, I like gruff Jacob, he's like a old film noir PI.  

On 3/23/2020 at 2:13 AM, UNOSEZ said:

What a fun episode.. I was really surprised that kate did what she did... Rachel Skarsten.. Was amazing again... The scene when she stopped playing and thanked kate.. And the scene at arkham.... The Luke subplot seems interesting... Mary is a great friend or LI... Not sure which way they plan to play it... I like undercover Sophie.. And was happy with seeing Julia again... Tho her not being mixed race is still bugging me... Cuz I feel some suit somewhere said that they couldn't have both of  Kate's main Ex's be blk girls... But the actress does a real hood job.. And I felt her compassion for Luke... Looking fwd to next epi

I think that may be more a case of colourism?

On 3/23/2020 at 1:25 PM, MissLucas said:

It can't be said enough but the show really lucked out with RS - her work this episode was fantastic. I almost felt bad for Alice by the end but only almost because I don't feel the same way about Mouse. Also: even if Kate had honored the deal she would only have protected Gotham - good luck next spot where Alice and Mouse decide to take residence! 

Also: technically Kate did not betray Alice. And maybe Gotham would have fewer terrifyingly crazy villains if it finally cleaned up Arkham asylum and replaced it with a psych ward not straight out of Stephen King's nightmares? Just an idea.

Maybe in Metropolis, in Gotham things will always be dark and scary!

On 3/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, appositival said:

So, Kate was in a military academy, which means that she was planning on going into the military as a officer and then going to forign lands and probably killing people, right? I mean she certainly wasn't aiming for a desk job, She seems like the type of person that would request transfer to a combat unit.

I'm not slamming the military. I was in the military and the part about killing people is made pretty clear in Boot camp. I would assume that the academy would have a class on the ethics and morality of war.

I guess I just would have liked a line about theory versus practice (regarding killing) or possibly a line about her regret that she broke her promise to free psycho!dad.

Yeah, that always bothered me a little. Also surely her medical knowledge should be a little better, at least at a patching holes level?

(edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 2:06 AM, tennisgurl said:

How many people will poor Luke have to see get sniped?! I do like this story for Luke and I am interested to see what is actually going on. Do I smell a conspiracy? Its always a conspiracy when people surrounding it start getting mysteriously killed! Oh, and I saw that hand holding with Mary at the trail! Oh yeah, I am so boarding this ship and sailing it into the sunset. 

As much as I enjoyed Kate and Alice teaming up and actually having some legit (if highly dysfunctional) sisterly bonding, I dont blame Kate for sending Alice to Arkham. I feel terrible for everything that has happened to Alice, but she has still murdered and terrorized innocent people and has yet to show any remorse for that and any indication that she is going to stop any time soon, so yeah, she needs to be locked up. Even if she did leave Gotham, she would just take her show on the road and terrorize some other city, and kill more people, and what then? Granted, I did feel for her when she realized that Kate and Jacob were leaving her, but, again, I get it. 

That all being said, no one should be locked in Arkham AKA the Jokers summer home. That place would turn the most stable person on the planet into a cackling supervillain, its never exactly been very helpful to anyone's mental health. 

Julia is back! Yes! I am really liking the idea of Julia/Kate, even if the show will probably go back to Sophie/Kate pretty soon. But I love Julia and she has chemistry with freaking everybody, so I am super into this. 

For the record, Kate and Alice are not the same just because they have now both killed people. Alice has cold bloodily and meticulously committed murder of innocent people for personal gain, or just because she was in the mood. Kate killed a horrible monster person in a rage, and felt terrible about it. Killing isnt something I would make a habit of (especially as Kate is clearly thinking about Dark Bruce from Crisis on Infinite Earths) but its hardly the same.

But you must see it from Alice's point of view, she's luring Kate into her world. 

On 3/24/2020 at 5:07 AM, Lantern7 said:

Kane Sisters Arkham Break-In FTW! And then Kate locked Beth/Alice up with Mouse, which . . . probably for the best. Kate really needed a win, especially when she has the specter of Old Man Bruce haunting her after the murder she comitted. Well, we don't have flashbacks, but that can be filed as "fanon," right?

In other news, Luke gets a subplot of his own. Mary continues to be awesome. We get to hear an old white lady tell the twins that she called "the po." Not "police," not "po-po" . . . "the po." Okay, then. Had to rewind to make sure I heard it correctly.

Has there been ANY incarnation of Arkham Asylum where the doctors aren't gleeful sadists unaware of the concept of comeuppance?

Constable Odo in Batman Forever? 

On 3/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, Trini said:

Thought this was a solid episode. The messed up sister relationship between Kate and Alice continues to be the best thing this show has going.

... But they've got to work on the other relationships too!

Didn't see Kate's betrayal coming at the end, but it made sense. The Kate/Alice relationship will always be complicated I guess, however, at some point they will have to stop the cycle of trust and betrayals before it gets too repetitive and stale.

Finally, a story for Luke outside the Batcave! Though I still don't like the idea that Lucius was murdered on Batman's watch. They need to let Camrus/Luke do more.

Mary/Luke make a good team. Saw that they were going to hold hands - was not expecting the knee grab, though! 👀  I down for them getting romantic at some point.

Wasn't a fan of whittewashed Julia the first time she showed up, and I'm still not feeling her. But it looks like she'll be recurring?

So Sophie will eventually connect to Luke's plot? Having her do stuff outside the Crows works for me!

I did like that the Arkham nurse wasn't a typical dumb Gotham victim! And the callback to (alternate) Bruce Wayne from the crossover.

I'm sure we'll still be seeing Alice, but I hope her being locked up now gives us a short break from her drama so the show can focus on other things for a bit.

Please, no.

I don't know, she got far too close with her shotgun?

Edited by Joe Hellandback
On 4/16/2020 at 4:20 PM, Rushmoras said:

Agreed or at least it's more on the nose. 

1. Weirdest family bonding activity ever! Oh, you are so light-fingered Alice! 

2. I like Luke and Mary together at the hearing but should Kate be lying to him like that?

3. Boy, stay away from Luke, he has the kiss of death. 

4. Sophie and Julia? Lot of rolling around together? Then again poor Julia is back in Gotham for 5 minutes and she gets shot AGAIN?

5. Speaking of which kinda love Alice and Kate lying back together you really do get a sister vibe from them.

6. And Kate hugging Jacob, they always say lesbians tend to have especially close relationships with their fathers (because they never seek a boyfriend/husband to replace that masculine figure in their lives?) but it's nice that even though she's supposed to be this ultimate hardass she still needs to reach out to someone and he's there for her. 

7. I like Alice and Kate dressing up in her clothes, pity we didn't have a makeover/dressup montage session, that would have been great.

"Thongs? Really Kate? And ripped jeans went out with the 80s! Don't you have anything which doesn't scream lesbo biker chick?" 

"I AM a lesbo biker chick! Excuse me for not having the wardrobe of a nymphomaniac cosplayer with a Victorian Lolita obsession".  

8. But they missed an opportunity for disguising Alice with a pair of Clark Kent glasses.

Alice; "Oh come on, these aren't going to fool anyone"

Kate; "You'd be surprised..."

9. So they know the head of Arkham was previously abusing Mouse with fear toxin but they leave Alice and Mouse in his care? 

10. Way to go Arkham nurse, not just another victim 

11. So Julia and Kate? Two pretty girls but I don't see it lasting.

12. Oooh, what a turnaround! The right thing to do of course, Alice and Mouse need locked up, I kept expecting Kate and Jacob to tell her they would visit but she didn't even get that? Smart of Jacob to move the body but again, try the Gotham River. 

Go Alice! OK, I get I'm not meant to root for the Bad Guy (or Girl), but she's just so damn Good at being Bad - and she's having fun! Sure, her fun frequently involves killing people, but who hasn't done that from time to time?

Wasn't Alice a former Arkham Inmate? Weren't they worried she'd be recognised by the Nurse? Sure, it didn't matter in the end anyway, but wouldn't that be a concern?

Damn, that was cold leaving Alice in Arkham like that. Sure, she's bound to be out next week (and mega pissed!) but it was pretty brutal on Kate's part.

That's some damn good shooting by Jake to kill somebody with a handgun at that range.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:25 PM, MissLucas said:

Also: technically Kate did not betray Alice. And maybe Gotham would have fewer terrifyingly crazy villains if it finally cleaned up Arkham asylum and replaced it with a psych ward not straight out of Stephen King's nightmares?

I somehow doubt that's how Alice is going to see it! Although maybe it's intended as an indictment of the politics of law & order - no candidate ever promises to reform the justice system, it's always "Lock more people up!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, John Potts said:

Go Alice! OK, I get I'm not meant to root for the Bad Guy (or Girl), but she's just so damn Good at being Bad - and she's having fun! Sure, her fun frequently involves killing people, but who hasn't done that from time to time?

Wasn't Alice a former Arkham Inmate? Weren't they worried she'd be recognised by the Nurse? Sure, it didn't matter in the end anyway, but wouldn't that be a concern?

Damn, that was cold leaving Alice in Arkham like that. Sure, she's bound to be out next week (and mega pissed!) but it was pretty brutal on Kate's part.

That's some damn good shooting by Jake to kill somebody with a handgun at that range.

I somehow doubt that's how Alice is going to see it! Although maybe it's intended as an indictment of the politics of law & order - no candidate ever promises to reform the justice system, it's always "Lock more people up!"

Well this is movie shooting! Frankly has anyone ever found a better solution than mass incarceration. 

The only thing I don’t understand about Kate locking her up is that Alice had just told her the doctors in Arkham experiment on the patients. Why would she leave her there knowing that