Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E06: Quick on the Draw

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The immunity challenge weighs heavily on the castaways when 2 tribes are sent to tribal council. One castaway on Edge of Extinction is acting sneaky.

Original air date 3/18/20

Yul and Nick, you are my last hopes for redeeming this season.  I will also be okay with a Sophie or Tony win.  And Sarah is named Sarah and not the rest.  Beyond that....bleh.

Still, old schoolers must rule, because the new schoolers can't get rid of them fast enough.

ETA: oh, and I'd be cool if Jeremy won.  I don't know why I keep forgetting he's there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

Tyson.  You basically voted yourself out previously.  You ARE a fool.

Watching Survivor is SURREAL because I am always going to think of it as the last joyful thing I watched last week before the country went completely upside down.

All five of Sandra’s tribe could bounce and it would be fine.

Michelle is clearly not over it, and Wendell is, and it’s all super uncomfortable.

Wendell is a stone cold killer and I still love him.  

Survivor, I think this would be an appropriate time for hashtag blindside.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

Dammit, again.

Boy am I glad they showed those two tribal councils in that order, because the first one left a bad taste in my mouth, and the second one was what makes this game awesome. The second group showed that you can play hard and cutthroat and it can still be fun and friendly. The first group (mostly Wendell) was all kinds of awkward and uncomfortable. I hate that Parvati got voted out, more because of the atmosphere of that council. I don’t even mind that Sandra got voted out (even though I like her) because it was good, clean, gameplay.

On another note, those aerial shots at the beginning of the challenge were amazing. The ocean looked like a gameboard, with the boats being game pieces sitting on its surface. Beautiful.

First of all. 
Denise - that was an amazing move. and if Sandra's on the jury, she's not a bitter betty, so I honestly think she'd give you her vote for that, so double yay.

With that being said.
Sandra usually goes for the safer play so i don't know why she gave it up. I would have saved myself (regardless) and let someone else get whacked. 

Parvarti basically had a gift too (Maybe Wendell does blow her up anyway) but it felt like she didn't even try. so we have two sides of the same coin and both ended up having both of my really more interesting players go home. (and I'll say i think this kinda smarts on Sandra because she literally got voted out based on her own hubris (Like Tyson) and got sent home due to her own immunity idol. blegh). 

I only have Yul Now (with a side of Sophie and a pinch of Tony/Sarah - but mostly Yul). everyone i wanted to see play is gone. which sucks for me. I've missed about 3 seasons of Survivor. but i think i'll stay withthis because i love live chatting with you guys. but unless this ramps up like Heroes v Villians i'm gonna be bored as heck.

• Love 12
Just now, mojoween said:

Tyson.  You basically voted yourself out previously.  You ARE a fool.

Watching Survivor is SURREAL because I am always going to think of it as the last joyful thing I watched last week before the country went completely upside down.

All five of Sandra’s tribe could bounce and it would be fine.

Michelle is clearly not over it, and Wendell is, and it’s all super uncomfortable.

Wendell is a stone cold killer and I still love him.  

Survivor, I think this would be an appropriate time for hashtag blindside.

I agree about Michele.  I feel like she wants something from Wendell.  I wonder if TPTB are sorry they didn't put them together sooner for all this drama she's bringing.  And it seems like its her, not him.  

Also agree about Tyson.  He was basically blindsided twice, and only wasn't fully blindsided the first vote because he found out he was on the chopping block (after thinking he was running things).  So I'll say half a blindside.  I really hope he doesn't peanut butter-strength his way back into the game.  I need something to go right for me this season.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I agree about Michele.  I feel like she wants something from Wendell.  I wonder if TPTB are sorry they didn't put them together sooner for all this drama she's bringing.  And it seems like its her, not him. 

I agree that from the relationship standpoint, Michele seems to be more "in it" but neither of them are covering themselves in glory for me. And I can't believe Parvati gave all those frickin' fire tokens to Michele. I mean, I get why she did it because who else was she going to give them to, but still...bleh.

2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I need something to go right for me this season.

Seriously. I mean, this has been brutal. Can we resurrect the Outcasts twist from Pearl Islands, please?

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sandra usually goes for the safer play so i don't know why she gave it up. I would have saved myself (regardless) and let someone else get whacked. 

I know! All I can think is that she saw the old schoolers getting whacked and figured they’d be coming after her soon so she risked it to get the fire tokens? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

I know! All I can think is that she saw the old schoolers getting whacked and figured they’d be coming after her soon so she risked it to get the fire tokens? 

i think so. 

i mean the fact that Wendell and Sandra were so hard up on these tokens have to make me believe they are going to come into play (for more than just Peanut Butter). but being in the game trumps fire tokens. 

but i think Denise summed it up. Sandra gets to look clean and loyal (backed up by Sandra's "This is just for show!") - and i think for Sandra that's worth more than having the two tokens. that's just sprinkles on the sundae.

I am always always for good game play even if it gets my favourite voted out- i'm just bummed that that it happened

• Love 13

I need Michelle to go. Preferably next week.

Yul and his cheekbones need to stay. 

Redemption is going to get crowded. I love how Tyson was all “rock = pb, Hand over the snacks”.

Denise, you are a rock star. But she wasted an idol, so not smart there.

Totally agree with being cheated out of Rob and Ambuh being reunited. I want to know what she said to him when he got there!

Edited by dbell1
Hans didn’t hand out pb.
  • Love 23
Just now, tracyscott76 said:

I agree that from the relationship standpoint, Michele seems to be more "in it" but neither of them are covering themselves in glory for me. And I can't believe Parvati gave all those frickin' fire tokens to Michele. I mean, I get why she did it because who else was she going to give them to, but still...bleh.

Seriously. I mean, this has been brutal. Can we resurrect the Outcasts twist from Pearl Islands, please?

I wonder if Wendell is acting that way because of the vibe Michele is giving him.  I mean, she told him to his face she was going to vote for him tonight, but it was a ruse to get Parvati out and get her fire tokens-and then was annoyed he didn't like the idea.  

I've been saying it a lot this season, but so many of these winners got ridiculously lucky in their respective seasons to win.  Seeing them actually have to play now is comical.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

So Sandra had no idea everyone else was voting for Denise, right?  Because otherwise why give up the idol?

And Denise wasted an idol on Jeremy, who voted for...Denise. Yikes.

All tribes are now at four, but Sandra is gone and won’t be forced to participate.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dbell1 said:

Totally agree with being cheated out of Rob and Ambuh being reunited. I want to know what she said to him when he got there!

Probably "that took a lot longer than I thought"

Just now, mojoween said:

So Sandra had no idea everyone else was voting for Denise, right?  Because otherwise why give up the idol?

And Denise wasted an idol on Jeremy, who voted for...Denise. Yikes.

All tribes are now at four, but Sandra is gone and won’t be forced to participate.

She knew Denise was the target.  She was trying to get the target off of her but Tony and Jeremy were set on voting Denise out.  She did that I think for loyalty, fire tokens, and not to have blood on her hands.

Now Denise does, and no idols.  Jeremy might screw her over next week.  I'd love it if that happened.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Sandra knew. That was part of her deal with Denise. She told Denise that since everyone was voting for her (Denise), Denise could then play the idol and have the power to cast her vote for whoever she wanted to, as long as it wasn’t her or Kim.  I knew right there that Denise was going to use it to vote out Sandra.  I guess she really wanted those tokens more than guaranteed safety. I still don’t really remember Denise’s game last time but I am starting to remember why she won.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Now Denise does, and no idols.  Jeremy might screw her over next week.  I'd love it if that happened.

With his "peace out" advantage, he could definitely do so. Easy to break a tie when one person just gets up and removes himself from the list of options. Would be unfortunate since she used/wasted an idol on him tonight, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Tony continues to bring the humor. And I'm happy to go back to rooting for Sophie now that she's not targeting my faves anymore. (Side superficial note: Sophie seems to be, uh, thriving on that island.)

Well, that was an episode. Two more legends leave. I'm a bit disappointed in Parvati getting voted out, just because of the vibe of the entire Tribal Council, where I was left wanting Wendell or Michele to leave, mostly to stop with the awkwardness from the bitter exes. Plus, Yul's face was priceless when Wendell seemed to be digging himself into a bit of a hole.

However, Sandra really played herself. She took a risk that I feel like she shouldn't have taken, and I don't feel like she would have under other circumstances. She risked it all for two fire tokens. And, as it turns out, she didn't get to keep the fire tokens anyway! I don't know what Sandra was thinking. Usually, she'd be the type to save herself first. Fire tokens didn't guarantee her safety; her idol did. 

Denise playing her second idol was something I didn't want her to do, and it felt unnecessary. Unless she truly thought they were going to split the votes, she should have saved her idol. But I guess that was Denise's way of ensuring that Sandra couldn't screw her over by forcing a tie.

Still, I respect the move Denise pulled. 

Still rooting for Yul, so I'm glad Sandra gave him her token (from Denise lol). I'm also rooting for Nick, who surprised me a bit with his calm demeanor during Tribal Council. I'm also still rooting for Sophie, who killed it at the challenge for Yara. And...that's about everyone who I am rooting for. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm also rooting for Nick, who surprised me a bit with his calm demeanor during Tribal Council.

Nick is probably the only one of the "new" winners that I'm particularly rooting for. Well, maybe Jeremy if he counts as new. Although Adam continues to grow on me, poor fellow.

There's just something so very Tyson about him being the first to actually spend a token on something, and it's delicious peanut butter.

I loved Rob and Amber hunting for the advantage together, even if we only saw it for about 10 seconds. I must get my fill of them while it lasts.

This episode was incredibly boring until the last three minutes.

And to this day, I'll never understand why these people orgasm over peanut butter. All the way back to Jenna and Heidi in Amazon. I mean, it's just...peanut butter. It's not that big a deal and it doesn't taste that good. Slow your roll, Tyson.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, tracyscott76 said:

Nick is probably the only one of the "new" winners that I'm particularly rooting for. Well, maybe Jeremy if he counts as new. Although Adam continues to grow on me, poor fellow.

There's just something so very Tyson about him being the first to actually spend a token on something, and it's delicious peanut butter.

I loved Rob and Amber hunting for the advantage together, even if we only saw it for about 10 seconds. I must get my fill of them while it lasts.

I'm actually surprised he's the first one.  I would not have the will power if I could be eating.  

I also loved Amber's reaction when Tyson brought out the log with the clue on it ('not another log.')  I'd call Jeremy new, as he won in the past few seasons.  I actually keep forgetting he's there lol So I guess it's Yul or Nick, then Tony, Jeremy, or Sophie, then Sarah, then I don't want to see who wins with the rest.  I want one of the above to win.  

Adam's kind of good comic relief.  But I still want him gone.  And Ben, who thinks he's not a rookie, can go too.

• Love 6
Just now, tvgoddess said:

And to this day, I'll never understand why these people orgasm over peanut butter. All the way back to Jenna and Heidi in Amazon. I mean, it's just...peanut butter. It's not that big a deal and it doesn't taste that good. Slow your roll, Tyson.

I think it must be the craving of protein. Plus it probably feels like a little treat in the middle of nothing but rice and coconuts.

• Love 12

Yul should be the King. 

The thing is, peanut butter is delicious and nutritious and it does not go bad.  About 10 or so years ago my area  was victimized by a derecho that cut out power for a week.  On Day 4 everyone threw their food away.  We survived on peanut butter sandwiches.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I know Tyson will probably want to keep the PB a secret, but I'd die if one day when they're all sitting around the shelter, he just casually pulls out the jar and starts digging in while the rest of them just stare at him all "wtf?"

Edited by tracyscott76
6 minutes ago, susannot said:

Maybe he will use it to get back in the game?  I would do almost anything to get peanut butter when I'm starving so would trade an advantage to Tyson.

Are they starving though? I thought I read before the season that this group of players was going to be fed more than they normally are. I guess if we're going by Danni though, that was obviously not the case. No one else looks particularly hungry though.

For better or for worse Wendell is getting the Villain edit. Every Survivor season needs an antagonist and Wendell is it. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve it but he’s getting close to a Villain edit if there ever was one. IMO!!!

• Love 5

Sandra got one fire token from Denise prior to tribal. Did it show who she left it to? 

And the first tribal...it was 2 votes Wendell, 3 votes Parv. I have this feeling that Nick was persuaded by Parv and placed the 2nd vote on Wendall and Michelle gave in to Wendell and voted out Parv. Any others? Michelle seems too wrapped in Wendell still..

24 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I mean, it's just...peanut butter. It's not that big a deal and it doesn't taste that good. 

Oh but it is . . . and it does!

Did my ears deceive me or did Jeff finally say "Parvati" rather than "Poverty" as he snuffed her torch?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, susannot said:

Wendell doesn't deserve the villain edit.  I think the narrative will change.

He's getting a ton of hate on his SM (so is Nick) over voting Parvati out.  People are going as far as throwing racial slurs at him.

Look, an hour ago I hated Denise, and now I'm over it.  I work customer service, and this is my outlet to let my rage out.  But I would never go troll someone's SM, let alone throw racial slurs at them.  I'm sad my favorites keep getting voted off, but I'll deal with it.  I would have quit watching this show a loooong time ago if I were upset over everything that doesn't go my way.  I'd love for this move to come back and bite Denise, but if it doesn't?  Whatever.  

And I don't consider Wendell a villain.  I don't think he's getting a great edit, but tonight I felt like he's just frustrated at the situation with Michele.  She comes off more bitter than him.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

He's getting a ton of hate on his SM (so is Nick) over voting Parvati out.  People are going as far as throwing racial slurs at him.

Look, an hour ago I hated Denise, and now I'm over it.  I work customer service, and this is my outlet to let my rage out.  But I would never go troll someone's SM, let alone throw racial slurs at them.  I'm sad my favorites keep getting voted off, but I'll deal with.  I would have quit watching this show a loooong time ago if I were upset over everything that doesn't go my way.

And I don't consider Wendell a villain.  I don't think he's getting a great edit, but tonight I felt like he's just frustrated at the situation with Michele.  She comes off more bitter than him.  

Gross but not surprising reactions on social media, unfortunately.

I don't find any fault in Wendell (or Nick) voting out Parvati, as disappointing as it was for me. But I will say I didn't care for Wendell's comment at tribal council that in his attempt at a deal with Parvati that he offered her something and didn't get anything back from her. When what he offered was to vote with her if she gave him two tokens IN ADVANCE. Of course she wasn't going to go for that.

I didn't care for pretty much anything Wendell did in this episode, but it certainly doesn't justify harassing him personally, let alone taking it to the extremes that people are apparently doing.

Here to add that SM is also throwing out very ugly things about Nick and his fiancée.  What is wrong with people??  I like both Wendell and Nick very much — it hurts to know they’re reading the hateful, racist comments over freaking Survivor.  And the way I know they’re seeing the mean comments is that they’re replying to some with either humor or heart emojis.  They’re also getting tons of support against the idiot trolls.

This episode was so entertaining IMO — good challenge, Tyson with the PB, Tony’s spy shack, 2 satisfactory and unpredictable tribal councils.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 12

I barely remember Wendell from his previous season, and it seemed like he's been invisible until the tribe swap.  But while I think his edit isn't great, I don't know that it's coming off terrible, either.  That whole TC and the lead up to it was a mess.

And no, the SM reaction doesn't surprise me, either.  It's why I gave up some of my SM for that reason alone.  I'm only on IG to follow some of my faves, and that's it.

• Love 1

SURVIVOR! The perfect tonic to get a window view of light hearted competative fun before a world gone mad.

Sandra must have had it in her contract to be a professional benchwarmer this season...or she got so spoiled from sitting around on Idoltry Beach or in the Waldorf and Statler box she couldn't muster up any energy to actually compete in a challenge. Let this be her final chance to ever play this game again.

Don't understand willfully wasting the second idol on Jeremy...especially after he said the better scenario was for Denise to be voted out!

Producers totally encouraged the "spy shack" because everyone has there schtick and they needed Tony to do his.

Came to the sobering realization tonight that Adam is being used as the "narrator" of the season seemingly having more talking heads than anyone else is shorthand for him being the eventual winner.

Did the Rob/Amber reunion happen during the credits last week? If not it seems a slight to cheat us out of that.

Missed opportunity of the season: Flying Jenna Morasco in to appear topless behind a palm frond to hand Tyson the big ol' stripping worthy jar of peanut butter!

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, susannot said:

I hate people.  What on earth are they saying about Nick and his fiance?

They’re saying that Nick is fat, is a hick who comes from a trailer park, and that his fiancée is an immigrant who should go back to her country.  ATROCIOUS behavior 

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Look, an hour ago I hated Denise, and now I'm over it.  I work customer service, and this is my outlet to let my rage out.  But I would never go troll someone's SM, let alone throw racial slurs at them. 

Social media is a breeding ground of trolls and stan culture. It's the two extremes. People deifying their faves or mercilessly attacking other people they don't know. It's why I limit my time there greatly and almost never read comments. 

Very sad to hear that about Wendell though hardly surprising because yeah people are assholes and as I said, social media just seems to bring out people's absolute worse. It's a little baffling that all this outrage is over Parvati being voted out though.

I mean I liked Parv just fine but did I miss where she became this Queen that should never be voted out? I was surprised at Wendell's demeanor at tribal council and general vibe because as I said in the live thread, that was NOT the Wendell I remember from his original season.

He had some snark and there were a few instances where some smug came out but Wendell played that season very low key - he was very measured in what he said and didn't say at tribal council, he played a great social game of getting along well with most people and his general vibe was just complete chill.

It's why he and Dominik could even hug it out when it got to 4 and he knew he'd have to make fire because no way was Dom going to bring him to the end with him. So yeah, a little surprised by what I saw at tribal council tonight but his getting social media hate for it is ridiculous. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

This week: Tyson sells a nullifier for a Fire Token, and he immediately buys peanut butter with that Token. And then Sandra gets herself booted on a play similiar to what Tyson did ten years ago.

I know Sandra's seasons have been spread out over seventeen years (if my mental math is correct), but I would've thought she'd be savvier. At the very least, she should have felt that her throwaway vote for Denise would bite her in the butt, and then opt for another target. Nope . . . she's off to Edge of Extinction. I'd say that the revelation would be "lit," but we didn't see Amber reacting to Rob's arrival. The editing is confusing me.

Yara winning meant Ben and Adam were safe. I reckon they're being edited to look like this season's dummies, but I can't see anything totally false about that direction.

Each week, I like seeing what cartoon Survivor alumnus (and frequent target of flashback abuse) Erik Reichenbach draws for a reality-based website. I'd bet money that Tony's brand new Spy Shack will be front and center. Honestly, if you're on a tribe with him, wouldn't you have conversations on the beach? Every rustle of leaves would stop people from talking, for a bald head might be hidden beneath the pile of branches.

Tyson getting the peanut butter reminds me there are a few more drawbacks I'd have to face if I ever played the game . .  food allergies, for instance. I'm also thinking that the editing shift means Natalie isn't going to back a triumphant comeback, even with the Fire Tokens she's earned so far. Tyson returning would irk me. Doesn't he fathom that amassing currency outweighs short-term advantages? Or maybe he wants to eat a little and do something nasty with the rest. And with his luck, some sort of game changer would be buried in there.

I did like Tyson's attempts to fool Rob, because you just know the producers had "heart-to-hearts" with the players that ended with "Let the Masshole win."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1